Speaker 1: What's up Andrew?
Speaker 2: Yo?
Speaker 1: How's it going? Man? Longtime?
Speaker 3: No talk?
Speaker 1: Man? You good?
Speaker 4: Are you good?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: It's funny texting me yesterday. He's like, hey, dude, I didn't want to bother you. He's like, but now I just wanted to check in. I was going to come back and be like, well, well.
Speaker 1: It was one of these because I was just like trying to like figure out. I was just like, no, he doesn't need to hear from He doesn't need to hear from me. In the first.
Speaker 3: Week, I don't need to hear I honestly like, I have so many texts from people checking in that I respond to within forty eight hours.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was surprised how quickly the question came up from miles like, seventy two hours after the fire, Where's Andrew? Where's Where's Andrew? On all this?
Speaker 3: I think like, yeah, what's he? I think I said where's Andrew at?
Speaker 1: With all this?
Speaker 4: Hello the Internet, and welcome to Season three, seventy four, Episode four of der Daily's Guys. It's a production of iHeartRadio, and it's a podcast where we take a deep dive into americas shared consciousness. And it's Thursday February sixth, twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Oh shit, that's me. Yep, sorry y'all.
Speaker 3: I'm still getting I'm still figuring out step by step. Oh it's Optimus Day. Wow Thursday and February. Shout out to all y'all it's National lame Duck Day or.
Speaker 1: I think that time has passed already.
Speaker 3: And also, look, shout out to all my people who know how to use chop sticks.
Speaker 1: I know all of us on.
Speaker 3: This screen right now we know how to use chop sticks because it's National Chopsticks Day. And shout out to the people who try to do it and still somehow find a way to make it work. I see sushi restaurants on dates, and I think it's fantastic that you don't ask for.
Speaker 4: One stick in each hand.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, doing this one?
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, from both sizes. Shit, oh man, that is.
Speaker 1: It is appropriate that Optimism Day is only one three hundred and sixty fifth of the calendar. Yeah, it's about the right amount of optimism. Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: That feels appropriate. Right now. My name is Jack O'Brien aka. We're going to drop kick dudes. Miles Gray, Karate Room, Illuma Nadi tofu. That one courtesy of Laccaroni on the discord in reference to what I I don't know wo karate?
Speaker 3: I think because I said I had a woke because karate. He said, Wo karate, go to my karate dojo.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right in You're wo karate room there it is. I just needed the refresher. It's been a blurf.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Actually are when you when you reach a certain level of my wol Karate dojo. We replaced the black belt with the Black Lives Matter belt, right, it's fair, Yeah, it's very with.
Speaker 4: The yellow Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host, mister Miles Grass.
Speaker 1: It's Miles Gray.
Speaker 5: And I'm gonna use a gay again because my co host back and his houses just some rubble. He my co host back, all right, Still dealing with that, folks.
Speaker 3: Day by day the plot thickens with lawsuits, with the EPA, with the Army Corps of Engineers.
Speaker 4: You're still dealing with that. Man, God, you just get I'm sick of this guy fucking bringing up this disaster.
Speaker 3: Man, Like the city and the country's moved on after fourteen days, Why can't you.
Speaker 4: They are going to have some messaging in the end zone of the Super Bowl that acknowledges what L has gone through in the most oblique, roundabout way. So hopefully that will just help close things up for everybody.
Speaker 3: At least at least Kendrick shouted out the valley you know Fami speech, You know that that was that was big.
Speaker 4: Well, Miles, we are thrilled to be joined in our third seat by one of our favorite guests, one of your favorite guests, a hilarious and brilliant producer and TV writer. You know him from the Yoh Is This Racist? Podcast? It's Andrew T and.
Speaker 1: I'm just pulling. I got pulled in last minute. So this is from Locaroni on Discord. Magnum T. I obviously a cab, but I do like how Locaroni. I assume I auto corrected to a lowercase I in TI. So I was just like, magnum T, does that mean the the is happening here?
Speaker 4: I do feel like we've always had in our bones a knowledge that the cops suck ship, and so there's been like because they kind of made up the profession of like private investigator like that, you know, investigators are just people. In reality, private investigators are just people who like take money from mentally ill people who are like, you've got to investigate this person who this gang stalking situation I've got going where all these people are walking by my house, or like you know somebody who I think is like trying to kidnap my dog or something. That's what private investigators are. But like we created this profession in like the movies where it's like, well, he's not a cop, so yeah he kind of he kind of hates cops, but he does cop things.
Speaker 3: He saw fron he used to be a cop but then got fired for doing like some racist shits.
Speaker 1: So right, yeah, bizarrely libertarian to imagine there should just be private detectives think or to me, yeah yeah, just like like yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, there's cops shirt, but there's my cops, there's.
Speaker 4: Tops, and then there's a cop who wears a Hawaiian shirt instead of So you try.
Speaker 3: Andrew from your time boxing, I remember you're an avid boxer. You should do catch tease hands.
Speaker 4: Catch cheese hands.
Speaker 3: That's a new boxing podcast with Andrew Tea.
Speaker 1: You know what, I like boxing, but I don't like watching But I know so little about like the sport of boxing. Yeah, I just like hitting stuff.
Speaker 3: I'm only watching I'm watching now because there's a Japanese boxer who is fucking killing it. He's like, yeah, they're champion like four divisions right now now, yeah, you know a way, and he's fucking nasty nasty.
Speaker 1: Well. That that is the thing about combat sports to me, is like I like it's so personality driven. Like I kind of just got out of the UFC once it kind of became so clear that they were all Nazis, like every single person and it is a Nazi and I lost enthusiasm for it like so fast.
Speaker 3: It was like what was the era of use there of UFC that you were like like where you were you like off ramped, Like when who was off ram?
Speaker 1: I mean it really started when they were like having UFC events in like April twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, and I was just like, oh, these people are bad people.
Speaker 1: Like I knew they were bad people, but I was like, oh, they're really bad, quite bad people. Yeah.
Speaker 3: You know the last time I actually saw a UFC fight was at your place with Iffy when we watched around a Rousey get destroyed. I mean time do you kind of like like to watch people get beat up who you think are bad people, But it's just the number of bad people really started adding up and yeah, yeah, you're like they both are Nazis, so I can this be a double knockout?
Speaker 1: Like yeah, yeah, even even like I don't know, I mean there's people you know are bad, but like it just got laid so bare, how truly odious these people are. And it's like I knew, but like, did you catch that thing?
Speaker 3: Because one of the fighters was talking about how Hitler wasn't that bad of a guy and doing this whole revisionist history shit on his podcast and then he was fighting and then Dana White had to get out ahead of it, and he had like a note card with all this stuff that Hitler did bad.
Speaker 1: He's like, obviously Hitler's bad.
Speaker 3: Uh, He's like, look he's down at this Carlos.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, he looks down for like Holocaust stats, then looks down at like World War It's it was just so weird when like you couldn't naturally just be like that's appalling that you like chat GPT give me some like bullet points on how to be like Hitler bad?
Speaker 1: I mean, it's it's tricky because like I'm sorry, it's.
Speaker 4: Not tricky, but you're like, yeah, Hitler questions getting trickier these days, guys.
Speaker 1: What lets try to say clubs only badly. The the liking combat sports thing is so like tricky because like these like any professional fighter is like like like has to have such a individualist worldview just to like put yourself in the ring and think I can beat up another person or I can win in a physical conversation with another person, Like it requires a certain type of like individualist personality coupled with head trauma, coupled with testosterone coupled with just like the right wing politics of fighting in general. These people are like hopelessly like both naive and prone to this. So I was just like I knew all this, and I still was like some of these guys are all right, but like they're not. Ye, they're not, and they never have been and they never will be. And I've been let me see, one, two, three, four, Like I've been to four different fight gyms and they're all like it. It's it was just like crazy how like casually it would turn to like Nazi shit in you know, the locker room or just sitting around and like you know, there's exceptions, but like they are exceptions, Like the rule is like it is. It's just the way, like you know, even as depicted in fight Club, right, Like you just get these men together, like testing themselves for the first time and like facing anger in a way that they've like kind of never really dealt with, and like facing fear in a way that is like more real to them than most other ship and then you just turn into fucking Nazis.
Speaker 4: Yeah, feelings coming up. Yeah, yeah, I'm still like good old fashioned boxing. But I got into it because I was a fan of grown men slow dancing together. That's a passion. Men like clutch each other and slow dance a little bit, and so that that's more my passion. The punching rooms.
Speaker 3: Sweet whispers, sweet whispers into another man.
Speaker 1: You you have to check out just Brazilian jiu jitsu. Oh yeah, if you like that, bro rappling. Do you want to say hugging? It's it's the fists that actually you know.
Speaker 4: Level Yeah yeah, the guy is so fucking good at hugging.
Speaker 1: Ho shit, you should see you didn't even.
Speaker 4: Need a ghee, all right, Andrew. We're going to get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, a couple of things we're talking about. We are officially in the Nico Harrison zone with the Trump administration in the sense that we're having to make up conspiracy theories to explain how bad they are at this. So what one of the latest conspiracy theories that actually makes a little bit of sense is like gold his Trump's passion for gold is why he's doing this. It's like just pure self motivated economic helping dumph.
Speaker 1: He's just the Leprechaun from the Leprechaw exactly truly.
Speaker 5: Like.
Speaker 4: Did you ever see like that the end of the the show Deadwood, where like they have a version of like the Hurst ancestor who the first Hurst was to get wildly wealthy, and he's like this character who just like has like a deep spiritual like horniness to for gold. Like that's kind of what this presupposes about Trump is just that like adult It's like not it's not just like normal like gold gonna make me rich. But like have you noticed have you noticed like the where he lives, he lives in a palace of gold. He like just all all these different indicators that this person is just like part gold.
Speaker 1: He's got gold madness, like gold fever.
Speaker 3: He's actually what they called it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll talk about we'll check about the Democrats. There's some opposite. Yeah, a couple couple things that are somewhat encouraging along with like Chuck Schumer doing like and we're calling it, stop the steal. We need to create a Tuna melt moment. Yeah. Yeah, there's a lot of bad stuff from the Democrats that has not been inspiring. But yeah, and then we'll talk about the Super Bowl. Did you guys hear about the Big Game is coming up? They?
Speaker 1: Oh, the Big Game, the Big Game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, sorry, I'm in this weird I have this weird nickname for it that gets me in a lot of legal trouble. But yeah, the Big Game is coming up this weekend. So we'll talk about the NFL's decision to end racism messaging, to stop having that written in the end zone, you know, which some people are speculating for with no evidence backing it up, that it has something to do with the fact that Trump is going to be there and that every corporation is bowing down to him. But they do have other insincere statements ready to go in the end zone. So we'll talk about that, and we'll also talk about what New Orleans is enhanced super Bowl security will look like, because cooler will be banned guns not so much. Oh right, alright, say fella, But first we do like to ask our guest Andrew, what is something from your search history that's revealing about who you are?
Speaker 1: Oh? Boy, this is this is gonna be a little, uh a little to a lot shameful. But I just purchased my first big old bag of MSG in my life. Oh and I'm but like, I'll just I'll just reveal this about myself. And it kind of came late in life, but not late enough to justify this. My parents basically have like white people views of Chinese American food.
Speaker 3: You're like, I had this, No, my mom has this. She has that internalized MSG ship too.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I had a full blown argument with my mom. She's like, you have MSG. I'm like, why the fuck wouldn't I?
Speaker 4: What are you?
Speaker 1: Yeah? But it's crazy, like like they literally say old racist white people shit. It gives you me a headache, It's bad for your joints, you know, all the shit and are just like, this is why you're hungry after eating food and Chinese restaurants. I use our own food. It's crazy. It's crazy how like they're to a large extent, my specific men. And I guess maybe you're your specific generation of like Asian immigrants.
Speaker 4: I think it is.
Speaker 1: It's like you know, like I'm just guessing miles, like if you if your mom came over anywhere in that similar like model minority time, Yeah, seventies eighties when it was like the America was only letting in the good ones. Yeah, they really think they're better than other Asian people and they really love white people. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Or like she just tries to keep her head low, you know what I mean, like in a way to be like, well, I don't whatever if they want to focus say MSG's bad, Like I don't need to focus to.
Speaker 1: I'm not fighting out.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Like she was never like outwardly telling me to not eat MSG. As she saw this came out when she saw me have it at my house, she was like, but aren't you worried about so and so? I said, aren't you worried that you've digested anti Asian propaganda? Maybe you should worry about what you're ingesting'd that go?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, She was like it kind of fucked her up. She was like what and yeah, and also what's wild is too? Like in Japanese cooking there is MSG like it comes from dashi or yeah, like there's a way that we that we're using the cheak code. It's just not putting. It's not the chemically extracted version that was created by a Japanese chemist or whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I had been dropping a little little chunk of seaweed and my rice cooker just yeah, not even pro tip, it's just very good. Yeah, yeah, yeah, you gotta put a little MS. She but yeah, it was one of those I mean, I I watched my grandma. I remember this. This is sort of formulative formative my grandma, my my kind of you know, also same same kind of generation, same kind of mindset. We were at some like a Chinese restaurant in probably sink Gerbo Valley, and she like pulled the waiter aside and was like, we don't know MSG in any of our food, and the waiter just like held back, choked back a laugh and was like sure, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I the waiter have that ability. First of all, yeah, and it was just like everything on the menu.
Speaker 3: Well because now, I mean most most restaurants have like you can see it because like it's emblazoned on their menus and in the front of their restaurant.
Speaker 1: It's like no MSG, no MSG.
Speaker 3: And I know and I know someone with a legit MSG like allergy, but like that's very rare. I think it's a very specific thing rather than everyone who kind of claims blanket sort of like yeah.
Speaker 1: But also like MSG, I'm just like again, seaweed tomatoes, parmesan cheese. Have you ever had a dorito? Like it's it is genuinely everywhere, so like I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's also why a lot of like Asian snacks taste so good to white.
Speaker 4: People too, And they're like whoa, oh my god.
Speaker 1: I think somebody's got a bunch of MSG. It's called flavor magic.
Speaker 4: But to blame them, blame MSG for like food that makes you still more hungry at the end of it, Like they really specific in their concern over that one, whereas like every food innovation of the past forty years after the Tobacco Company took over the food industry has been specifically designed for that. But They're like, no, no, no, just just on Chinese food. That's that's a problem.
Speaker 3: It's really I don't know what they're cooking up over there.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, you love it, Myles. Do you remember the Risa verse in wool Wear where he says, but he ate too much monosodium glue tomate and polyscoor bait and drunk grape concentrate with sodium benzo eight. He was like, yes, yes, yeah, that was very specific.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, look, that's where he was in his you know, the the beginnings of wolke Rizza, you know, and or basically him just reading the back of a nutrition label.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like I had heard of monosodium glue tomate, but the rest I'm still lost.
Speaker 1: Keep your sword straight, you know, I think, my god, your weight?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but he.
Speaker 1: The chicken thigh? Is it the was it the Wu Bible or what the what the fuck was that book he wrote called, Yeah, like the Towel of Wu. Maybe there was. There's just a passage about where he makes the argument that Alla stands for arm leg leg, armhead, the entire man, maybe the black Man. I don't remember exactly, but I was just like, this is such an an incredible reach. I just love that, like the confidence I don't have anywhere close to the confidence to say something or think of something like that. It was amazing.
Speaker 4: Acronyms are very powerful. Yeah, and we're out of the I guess we're what's it going to take?
Speaker 1: Acronym Acronyms require like we need to but that's more like five you know, yeah, yeah, existing argument, I think, Yeah, is where there is that? Yeah?
Speaker 4: That's like leg armhead Yeah yeah, just beautiful stuff is kind of what is something you think so underrated?
Speaker 1: Andrew underrated? I just watched for the uh jos this racist Premium suboptimal bundle. We watched with a new new friend of not new friend, but a new coworker of yours, if I can say lu Cardiiegler and producer Kevin Bartel. We watched the first Fast and Furious movie with zig had never seen it before, and that's weird. If everyone knows Cody Ziggler, there's nothing more seeming his personality than the first Fast and Furious movies.
Speaker 3: When I feel like he just has seen so many films, I feel like I was generally like, yeah, of course you probably consume that, even passively.
Speaker 4: But I gotta be honest, guys. I started on Too Fast, Too Furious, and I've seen everything since I saw Too Fast, Too Furious in the.
Speaker 6: Theaters that you started with. Yeah, Too Fast is by far the worst. I know, it's diabolical, it's really I was. I was a big John Singleton fan. I was in my Au Tour era. I was like, they got Singleton for the Fast and the Furious franchise.
Speaker 1: In that too.
Speaker 3: That's when I was like, yeah, come on, bro man, that was That was. That was an era, the Devin Aoki era.
Speaker 1: That's so nice these peak nineties.
Speaker 4: Yeah, or so the first one is good, right, you're saying.
Speaker 1: I know, I was gonna say it's my underrated is movies filmed in La like two blocks from my apartment because it is wild. Basically like every shot in Echo Park, I Andrew t m just off screen, like you feel like, I swear to God, I'm about to be in this. Yeah, it's it's insane. How Like, basically I'm not to docks myself, but Echo Park's pretty dense. I'm just off camera in every shot in and around Torretto's house, right, and Torretto's like little office. It's just so much of like, oh shit, that's my street. They just jumped a car on my block.
Speaker 3: The times I've seen like my neighborhood in the in a movie was in Crash when Matt Dillon arrests pats them down illegally on Ventura and Terrence and Terrence Howard like.
Speaker 1: That whole scene. I'm like, that stayed, that's right down.
Speaker 3: And I hate that fucking movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's all I'm also just because of the Echo parkness of it. I'm also like Training Day basically takes place right around my first apartment I lived in in Acho Park. This is this sounds like a great tour.
Speaker 3: You could do the Andrew home filming location tour.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, where's Andrew? Just imagine like little Peanut the chihuahua just off camera every time every time Toritto's at his house. But yeah, it was one of those like, yeah, movies filmed in La two blocks from my house. Yeah, Matt, mattacific.
Speaker 4: But do you so Like there's some things that I know too much about and it makes it hard for me to watch movies about, like a basketball I can't really watch basketball movies. Oh I watched too much real basketball and I'm just like that person doesn't know how to like hold, just like something unnatural about it.
Speaker 3: But like, what is that the last slam dunk at all?
Speaker 4: I think, yeah, you've mentioned it. I think it's your work of media before.
Speaker 1: You got to watch that movie and tell me if it's good basketball, because to me it seemed like it it's all like rotoscoped like animation. I don't know it look good to me. Sorry, what what.
Speaker 4: Was does it get in the wet? Like is there like geographical errors that you're like, wait a second, that's not where that.
Speaker 1: They They do go from Echo Park to Neptune's Nest, Neptune's Net just to eat fries, and it does seem.
Speaker 4: Like Neptune's Net is where it's yeah time, you really shouldn't be wasting gas like that.
Speaker 1: It's like an hour and a half in traffic, and it does seem like they just eat fries and have a conversation and then dip back to the main platform.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I remember the beginning of World Trade Center. I think that's the like the nine to eleven Nicholas Cage movie where it like went past my apartment and then like like it's the more morning of nine to eleven, and they're like going down south in Manhattan. They go like past my apartment, like down Lower West Side, and then like they're like in the Midtown and then like they're moving up the city. Yeah. Yeah, and then it really took me out.
Speaker 3: Of Oh, you know the you know, our offices are in Valentine's Day, the twenty ten movie with Anne Hathaway.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 3: Really yeah, they shoot in I'm like, I'm watching, like this is our building. Oh, I get tell by the concrete walls. I'm like, what is going on? Yeah, and then she like walks out takes off down the shit. You're like, yeah, there it is okay.
Speaker 4: Damn.
Speaker 3: Anyway, for those that are interested, do you do your geo guessing and check out.
Speaker 1: When I worked when I worked at Comedy Central. And this probably is not a huge surprise to people familiar with cable TV budgets, but a shocking number of like Comedy Central shows, anytime they're in an office is shot in like one of the one of the boardroom things, in one of the Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just like now you know at the Company Central office, We've got in office. Let's take a quick break, we'll come back, We'll hear you're overrated, We'll get into some news. We'll be right back, and we'd back Andrew T what is something that you believe to be overrated?
Speaker 1: I actually am losing faith that this is a one I haven't said before, but it's too late for me to come up with something else. I think it's overrated being the best, or even being very good, highly overrated. I think I'm I'm in my era of even if you're bad, just be better than a few people in the in the in your competition. That's my new thing. This is the genesis of this in the recent incarnation is I for complicated ish but not that complicated. But some of it I actually can't tell on my reasons. I have gotten a like fairly high end poker coach, and so one of the things, I'm not like that serious a poker player, but I've like sort of stumbled under this high end poker coach and as a result, I have been forced to play, not forced I'm electing to, but part of this the businesses.
Speaker 4: You've been taken hostage by a pretty high end poker poker coach.
Speaker 1: Someone volver just off camera. Yeah, well, yeah, that's the same. It's actually a vindesel. But I have been trying doing something that I have been like largely avoiding because I've been mostly playing online. For anyone who's been paying attention at all to my poker, which they shouldn't be, but I've been basically having to go to the casino and play poker in LA trying to hit like twenty hours a week the Hustler casino. I went to commerce the other day. These are all existing poker rooms. I would all to play in other poker games, but we're not going to talk about those. But I you know, I just don't like live poker. I don't like the people when you play online, it just seems too slow. But I'm playing at the like low stakes poker, trying to get in some hours. And I am I just want to say, I am not a good poker player, but what I am is head and shoulders above the worst.
Speaker 4: Poker players to come through like a place like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so you know, partially it's a little bit of an ego thing, but I'm just like, I just don't play hands with any of the good players, Like I simply will just fold unless I have a monster, but I will just not be in pots. If anyone who hasn't made an enormous, evident mistake is in the pot, I don't need to play with this. I'll just play with the people who I know make humongous mistakes. That's guy, Yeah exactly. Yeah. So I'm not good, but I'm just better. So maybe, yeah, maybe the thing that I'm starting to say is like, it's okay to be bad, but better than the rest is good enough as long as you know where you.
Speaker 3: Are, right right right, Yeah, I don't think that because you're not out here being like, I'm the second fucking coming of you know, what's that dude?
Speaker 1: Phil?
Speaker 3: Was that Phil Ivey or some shit? Right, Yeah, I'm not that.
Speaker 1: I just I know exactly who I am, and I'm just trying to take pots from the people that are just there to gamble or are drunk or there to have fun.
Speaker 4: Or you're doing them a favor in many ways, but just taking yes and no, let me unburden you got I had. If I had that three hundred and fifty dollars, I would want somebody to unburden me of it. To quote that guy who was writing about the Harley, Yeah, yeah, Harley Cruft anyways.
Speaker 1: Anyway, just be good, like as long as you know where you are in the uh like skill tree, pecking order or whatever, want to say, as all you know where you are in the pile. Just just you know, just know who you're better than in whatever capacity. Yeah, but also know who's.
Speaker 3: Got you to because you or even when he might got you, because who cares?
Speaker 1: Why take the risk? Why take the risk? The fuck?
Speaker 4: All right, let's let's talk about the news. It's a hard news cycle to talk about. In this second trouble administration, there's just so much shit happening new wild, you know, unprecedented claims being made on a daily basis. We talked on yesterday's trending about Trump's claim that he is king of Gaza, that he's just going to come through and turn Gaza into a like the grove, like he's Jack.
Speaker 3: Let's be fair excited the.
Speaker 4: Right at least, But it's an exciting investment opportunity that he wants to get you up on. But you know, he's also turned the government and all of it's like fiscal responsibilities over to Elon Musk, who appears to just be fucking dismantling the thing. It's so chaotic that we are now in what I'm calling the Nico Harrison zone. Nico Harrison is the guy who made the Luka Doncic trade in the past week, and the trade was so bad, so immediately like evident to everybody that people immediately were like, Okay, we got to come up with we got to start coming up with conspiracy theories to explain what is actually happening to be nobody could be that stupid. And so that feels like what we're doing with the Trump administration right now as well, because people are suggesting that he is trying to basically raise the price of gold. That there's been suggestions in the past, like Ralph Nader suggested that Trump basically with his faux trade war with Canada and Mexico where he threatens it comes up to the edge of it happening, and then like walks it back without getting any concessions, you know, like nothing that Canada and Mexico hadn't already agreed to. Despite what you will read in a lot of mainstream outlets, they're like Trump wins another one. But yeah, people who are actually paying attention to being honest about it, like that was weird. That he basically tanked the markets for twelve hours. And Ralph Nader I've been saying for a while, like we need a Ralph Nader type who will like, you know, advocate on behalf of consumers, because, to be honest, I did not know Ralph Nader was still alive. But he he has the theory that Trump is just basically doing a pump and dump thing where he you know, he or people financially tied to him know what he's going to do, know that he's going to scare the market and then withdraw and so everything will surge back, and so he just like is making trades in a way that makes him billions of dollars. It's never been proven, but it's there's a lot of reporting that suggests this might have been going on in his first administration. Oh yeah, I know. That's that's what's hard because I mean, first administration, Trump totally a different guy.
Speaker 3: And yeah, cool, Well, I mean I think they're I think everything's true, you know, I think that Yeah, he's he's bad at like he rhetorically he's an absolute novice and it's just a senile old person who people have to take seriously because of the office he holds, and so much chaos comes along with that, even as evidenced by that Goozta thing or even BB Netanyahu was like the the fuck are you saying right now? Like he says whatever he needs to. He also wants to enrich himself and all the time, like at any possible moment, and he also loves to like outsource thinking to other people. That's why, like the the Elon thing is like, there's you know, a lot of there I've I've read another because there's other conspiracy theories also about what Elon Musk is up to, and a lot of people are pointing the fact that like he's you know, he just built this colossus, it's called Colossus, this huge AI data center in Tennessee, I think, and that basically he's gearing up. This is one line of thinking is that he's he's convinced Trump that you can outsource most of the government work to AI, and he has the capabilities to do that, and that's how he can now sit at the fucking in the in the fucking driver's seat of some techno fascist AI world takeover thing. And that's why other billionaires are getting in line. So there's like, I mean, there's so many things right now that are all seemingly true, but could also just feel like nah, I can't be it. But I also feel like that's also part of the point too, just to get people again, Like we were talking about this on Monday, they most people in the country to be like in an absolute state of paralysis while this is going on in order to just achieve whatever incremental stuff they need in the time being. But yeah, yeah, it's it's like I see, I see all of it potentially being true. It's more just like we need a probably a little more time to really know get some more details, to really see where this thing is headed.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I feel like there's probably like like it's like true except for the grand intentionality of it.
Speaker 4: I think that's right. I could see a world where he's reading these theories and be like, oh shit, that's actually smart, like we should.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I right, yeah, because it just feels like one of those things.
Speaker 1: It's like, you know, his financial guys know that there's going to be chaos, and they have a little tip just because he'll ramble exactly what his thoughts are. But you don't need to have like god level sixty chess to do these things. You can also just you know, like like the insider trading business. It's just like Trump, what are you going to do tomorrow? Great?
Speaker 4: Yeah, when you create incredible amounts of chaos, like that is a place where people who are open to corruption and people who have a ton of power and wealth already are going to thrive. Like that's what we saw during the pandemic, Like the extremely wealthy got absurdly like way way richer like that. You know, it's why disaster capitalism is such a thing, and it does seem to be Like so why if if his only goal is to enrich himself and the other people who he like he's said before, his only his only real guiding principle is he only trusts people who've made like billions of dollars basically, So that's those are the only people that he has around him. So if his only goal is to you know, enrich himself and the billionaires around him, who are the only people he listens to, he's going to this is what it would look like. You create an incredible amount of instability and then profit.
Speaker 1: I'll just figure it out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you just figure it out. You just you know, take advantage of the fact that you have access to all of the transacting that's gonna happen because people are fucking panicked, and so like, yeah, the gold thing specifically, like gold is considered a safe haven asset because like it's the only investment that thrives in times of like high inflation and market volatility and geopolitical uncertainty. And obviously that is that's if you could name like a thesis statement for like what he's trying to accomplish, like that seems to be it. You know, it's a mark volatility, geopolitical uncertainty. And then it just tied back to the fact that like if he can be said to have like any sort of like spiritual affinity, it would seem to be for gold. Like from day one, he's just like paved everything in gold, warn gold. All of his buildings are gold. He's been like a day one, like, I think you should invest in gold. Project twenty twenty five specifically calls for a return to the gold standard.
Speaker 1: Which, like, I know that these people are stuck in the fucking eighteenth century, but Jesus Christ.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, that nobody has thought that was a good idea. Who's been paying attention for a long time. But yeah, I don't know. It would be terrible for a number of reasons that people have noted that it would, like it would have made the Great Depression worse, which it seems like we're headed for one of those, and just on top of being fundamentally undemocratic. But again, if you think of it as just like he his only goal is to enrich himself into the like billionaires who are the only people he actually listens to, then yeah, that's the point, right, that would be the entirely well.
Speaker 1: But but I guess what I mean though, is like the it's it's the point in a general sense.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it's not.
Speaker 1: Like all right, here's what I'm gonna do. You know, Like he thought the terrorist thing would work, and he he's like doesn't care that it doesn't. It's just that like as an ancillary thing, you know, his money. Guys are like, great, this is just do you dog, and like we'll figure out we'll figure out the details. Don't worry about this. But it's not like he I think, like he doesn't have it. He doesn't have that kind of brain and doesn't need that kind of brain. So why would he acquire that kind of brain? I just I don't know, But yeah.
Speaker 3: He's just the kind of person though. He just needs other people to all up him some ideas constantly, and that's how they benefit. They're like, you know, get get in his ear, and then he might do that shit and then Trump thinks it's a good idea for other reasons. Other people like this will appeal to Trump for X, Y and z, but really we'll get our shit out of it. Yeah, and yeah, it just happening so fast, and now even the Wall Street Journal was like, um, can we maybe all the all of this winning isn't great, you know, for like the markets.
Speaker 1: It is interesting.
Speaker 3: You just see like the Wall Street Journal being one of the more not I mean not that they're really coming out as opposition, but how voltally they are.
Speaker 1: They're starting to become.
Speaker 3: They're like, you're making all the stock people a little nervous here with all this truly, like all this instability you're creating, I mean, you.
Speaker 1: Know, eventually, like fucking some reality has to come home to roost for some of this shit, like you oh yeah, the most evident one is the RFK business. It's like, you know, you can you can have all your beliefs about big pharma vaccines just work, like someone will have polio in America or like there will be a polio pandemic in America soon if this keeps going, and like okay, like what like like just their ideas do not actually work, so like like that reality is gonna like manifest itself eventually. Yeah you know whether I.
Speaker 3: Mean, I think the first things, like getting rid of US AID and stuff like that, like those shockwaves are going to be felt immediately outside of the country. And then when you look at whatever fuckery is going on with the payment systems, and if they really start like sticking their fucking fingers in the gears of that ship and shit starts fucking jolting, then that will be felt like in the US. And it's already you know, they're they're already there. You can already see how municipalities are trying to sort of preempt any chaos by shutting certain programs down and things like that. So it's already happening. But I just had I don't think you just reached that critical mass quite yet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, like what, yeah, people are going to stop getting benefits and like payments and like that that I mean, that's already happening, and like whether the you know, the bureaucrats are specific, whether that side of it, whether they stop getting paid, like people downstream are definitely gonna stop getting their payments, and it's just a matter of like, is anybody going to notice when the elderly stopped getting or thinking.
Speaker 1: Do something about it, you know, like please?
Speaker 4: Yeah, speaking of which, the Democrats have started talking say some stuff showing up, like trying to show signs of an opposition.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's what everyone was wondering. Yes, So is anybody gonna say anything about this? Like do I just have to read headlines that are so fucking frightening.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But here's the thing, obviously, because these people on the writer are absolute cowards, they decided to really do all this dirt over the weekend when Congress had adjourned, like members out of DC, and they're like, yeah, this is great. Nobody's in towent, Like the babysitters here. The babysitter ain't even here. And they get back Monday, so we can do whatever the fuck we need to. So they come back Monday. Then we start hearing more than just sort of tweets that were being sent out over the weekend, and the Democrats held a rally in front of the Treasury on Tuesday, like literally around the same time when Trump was with bb net and Yahoo talking about how the US is going to take ownership of Gaza and how like Palestinians.
Speaker 1: Are They're just gonna have to find another place to go. So we heard from a lot of different people.
Speaker 3: First, let's play something from Senator Chris Murphy, who has since the election really kind of like being like, is.
Speaker 1: Are we the Are we the problem?
Speaker 3: I don't know, maybe are He's kind of like trying to figure out, yeah, how far he's going to have to drift from the establishment. But this was his first sort of remarks around just how, you know, indebted to billionaires, this whole system has become. It's a bit ironic though, coming from a party that's also justice entrenched in billionaire money. But nonetheless, this is the opposition for the moment.
Speaker 7: We don't pledge allegiance to the billionaires.
Speaker 1: We don't we don't.
Speaker 7: Pledge allegiance to Elon Musk, We don't pledge allegiance to the creepy twenty two year olds.
Speaker 1: Working for Elon us.
Speaker 7: We pledge allegiance to the United States of America. And so I want to make sure that my mother gets her security to their Social Security check, not because she pledges allegiance to Elon, but because she pledges allegiance to the United States of America. I want to make sure your neighbor gets their tax refund not because they pledge allegiance.
Speaker 4: To the billy in their class, but because they pledge allegiance to the United States.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Now, fine.
Speaker 4: That's great. Do they need to do? We need to pledge a llegiance for their humanity. You say the pledge and then we'll get you here.
Speaker 1: You want this ship right now of the Union.
Speaker 4: Take your hat off.
Speaker 3: So yeah, then we had many other people speak. I also just want to call out Sydney camlogger Dove, who is from California, like represents the area like you know, like southern Los Angeles area. She brought it in like she came with some fire, okay. And she also did a nice, nice reference to a Damon Wayne's beloved Damon Wayne's character.
Speaker 8: As total corruption for an unhinged, unqualified, unvetted.
Speaker 9: Billionaire like Elon Musk and hand sycophants to come in to our treasury to try to take control of our government, to have access to all social security numbers.
Speaker 8: Our social security.
Speaker 9: Payments are not a good benefits all of the information that we use when we are trying to get a motherfucking tax return.
Speaker 8: Yes, and you gotta take our money, Hammie, don't play that.
Speaker 3: Wow, alright, there we go.
Speaker 1: Where am I? Where's where's gen x at?
Speaker 4: I love that?
Speaker 3: I love that, But like you know, again, where this is just there's so much happening there right now, just starting to figure out how they're articulating their opposition. I think her point is connects a little bit better than like, don't pledge your leaders to billionaires to America. It's better be like that's my mother fucking money. Yes, let's not forget that is not someone else's money. This is you know why your.
Speaker 1: Check looks so fucking light?
Speaker 2: You know, I love these They taking all that that's over there, and they're fucking with that money too, and you need to actually understand that that that is, those are the things that don't to support you and your community and you down the road.
Speaker 3: When you need it. If there's even social security at that point. But yeah, you know it's right now, it's just kind of tough because we're getting a lot of fiery words, but we need to see what is the action, because you know, like you've seen like this is truly elevated AOC in a way that past moments in you know, political history, or at least past moments in her career have it, because now she seems to be the one of the few people articulating things at least a little bit clearer than some of the establishment Democrats who are just obviously really good at reading a room and then figuring out how to co opt that energy to just kind of swing things back to theoliberal bullshit. And so it's interesting to see how this sort of evolves because there's clearly no one voice that's fully making the point that is going to like pierce through. And that's where I'm just like, okay, let's see. I see that y'all are saying like literally like we need to shut this city down, like this is war what they're trying to do to the government.
Speaker 1: But those words are.
Speaker 3: Great, but now like this needs to see, like how does this manifest on Capitol Hill with what you guys do as legislators and the things you can do like file lawsuits and launch investigations and things like that.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think it's just been so clear, like the reason we are in what we are is because the Democrats are doing exactly what they want to be doing. Like like I think we're just at the point where we have to acknowledge like it's not like, oh, they're being out maneuvered. They're maneuvered. They like the Nancy Loosi's of the world. This is what they want it like, or this is what they're capable of accepting, like you know, right, they're not evil, but they are evil. It's yeah, it's just like, how the fuck do you not have? Like I guess it's just like anyone that got rolled by Newt Gingrich shouldn't get us, say anymore because I lost like twenty years ago, right right, like like shut the fuck up, please shut the fuck up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh yeah, they got us right where we won us right right, like where they're at.
Speaker 3: They're like, oh man, the way we're gonna fundraise off of this? L Yeah, like no, like you there's someone posted a meme on Twitter. I forget who, but it's just sort of like the fucking trolley car dilemma with like.
Speaker 1: You could flick the switch. Yeah, and it said like you could pull the switch or or lose your way to fundraise forever. Yeah, and like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't know. I mean it's going to the only way out is to fully abandon all of those ideas that again, like to your point Andrew brought us here, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Is there anyone doing like is that when you say AOC has been vocal and like kind of better at articulating that is that kind of where she's headed, because I mean she could she could just go in that direction. She doesn't have to listen to Nancy Pelosi anymore. Like it felt like she was struggling with like, you know, Nancy Pelosi and the powers that be in the Democratic Party, but like that functionally, like I don't know if it's if it if the Democratic Party recognizes that, but like functionally the Democratic Party has never been well more oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, powers I say that more. And like she's trying to speak directly to American people about like not in a like a wonky way of more just being like yeah, dude, they're fucking everything up. But like this is the point people need to fucking like we just have to weather this and then figure out how we push back, and there will be ways to push back. That that that like, that was a little bit better than just going out there like this is bullshit, right, and that's fine and it is, and it's I'm glad that you're on record saying that this is bullshit, but also like there needs to be some semblance of a leader too to say this is what needs to be done. Again, I'm not saying that I don't know who the best option is, but that sort of very clear eyed direction is right now not really there.
Speaker 1: Well currently she is the best option is given that.
Speaker 4: Giving it.
Speaker 1: But it is just like like especially with like the like older establishment democrats, it is this like circle of like you gotta do something, we need you to call us to make us do something.
Speaker 4: Are you talking about call your senator? That's yeah, right, yeah, but I gotta know, you know, I got to hear from you, wonder and I am lonely and horny.
Speaker 3: Guys, if my donors just keep calling me, I'm gonna do what they say, you know, purely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just how like how much can you publicly pass the buck, like fucking take some responsibility and do something please.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean, and it's it's kind of like, it's sad to see that the women of color in Congress yet again are some of the most vocal people who are really connecting to what is happening, like the stakes. Yeah, and I'm just like, oh god, the fucking irony again is that you know, we're we're counting on, like we're counting on a group of people that fundamentally this party just ignores too abandoning. Yeah, it impeded, but yet again, and I think that's what's so heartbreaking too, just even in the summer of twenty twenty, you see people, despite being absolutely shit on repeatedly by this country, that there is a belief that somehow this place can be better. And yeah, to see to see those people step up and and you know, trying to lend their voice at a time like this, it's like just the ironies. It's kind of like, it's it's kind kind of difficult to watch. At the same time, I'm like, man, because these are these are the same people that they were. They were going to run you all out on a rail for deigning to acknowledge the humanity of Palestinian people. Right, but now because you have allowed voice to talk up against Trump, and now it's like, oh maybe it's man just can do something.
Speaker 4: Mhm, all right, let's uh, let's take a quick break. We'll come back and we'll talk about the Super Bowl. And we're back, and big, big hit for people who wanted to end racism. The NFL is going to remove the words end racism from the field during this year's Super Bowl. From the so as we all know the words end racism. We're right there above Kansas City Chiefs, the Kansas City Yeah.
Speaker 1: Just out of you from the television podcast.
Speaker 4: Yes, and just doing doing the heavy lifting of fighting systemic racism in the United States. But they have announced that they will now be removing that and they didn't specifically say whether this was a move designed to play Kate trump ism specifically since he's going to be attending the game. So we have to assume their heart is in the right place, as we always do with the NFL.
Speaker 1: I mean, this is like all corporate like diversity or inclusivity anything, which is like it's never been about doing the right thing. It's all about what they thought would make them the most money. That kind of the only scary thing about everyone abandoning as much of this is that, look, we've seen so much that the business people at the high end are remarkably like passive sheep as far as like reading what they think the trends in America are. But it is a little troubling that's somewhere along the line. Clearly someone has been like it is now somehow the makeup of America has changed. Is now more profitable to be.
Speaker 4: Racist, to be racist? Yeah, which is alway white supremacy is the like, do we think that they're actually saying that in boardrooms or are they like I think the I think the language around DEI has and also their experiences with doing the most half hearted, willfully empty version of DEI over the past few years and then being like, well that didn't work, I think allows them to just call it like we're actually moving away from DEI initiatives now, Well, I mean it was a way of talking about it.
Speaker 1: It's always been an arm of their pr like, it's never been an arm of the core business. So they're just electing to believe that their public relations is better served through racism, which you know, their businesses is by and large have always been that. So it's like it's really just like what face paint they're like trying to put on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's never good when those guys put on face paint. I'll say it's actually it's actually I talked about like an NFL game I was watching this year where they like came back from these ads that are you know, like million four million dollars short films like the you know they have like Hollywood filmmakers like that, you know, spare no expense when they're making these things, like the productions are all of the highest level of production resources they have, and they cut back to this NFL game and they have like their attempt at like doing anything with like social justice in mind was like showing like a poorly lit shot of like somebody holding a check on the sideline for like eight thousand dollars for like Detroit Public schools. They're like Detroit Public Schools d da da da da dah, like just like blew through it, like it was the fucking you know, boiler plate at the end of a car ad. And then we're like and now like Carrie Underwood performs like there's like giant explosions, and it's it's just like and then now they're like, well we tried, and it's like, no, you like did the opposite of try. You made it seem like this shit is stupid. With every ounce of what you were bringing to it. You just ignored it. You didn't try and tell a story, you didn't try and do anything. You just made it seem like it was fucking vegetables, like it was homework for people that you had to get to before you got back to the entertaining stuff. And now they get to because they did that, Like not only did they not solve the problem that was supposed to be about, but now they get to be like, we tried and it actually backfired. Is like, Noah, didn't backfire, Like you just treating it like shit with like zero thought and like open derision is what backfired.
Speaker 3: Right Exactly. It's like it's there's just an addiction to white supremacy and patriarchy that they cannot be excized, and until it is, you cannot count on the people to address those issues, you know what I mean. It's like in that version, it sounds like when you know, like I've had friends who go into rehab, and they did not make a good faith effort there. They just weren't ready to and then blamed rehab for why it's bullshit, and actually they're like, it's just a weird Yeah, there's like a way to be like, you didn't you're not actually engaging with it in a way that anything would change.
Speaker 1: So of course, just preserve your own ego.
Speaker 3: You're going to arrive at the conclusion that this thing doesn't work and you're okay. And that's not the greatest metaphor, but I'm just saying like in the sense or like I did this, Like even in my own relationships, like couples therapy, I didn't want to go, so I was like.
Speaker 1: Not, I was not.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, I was like and then I'm like, I don't think this shit work.
Speaker 1: And it's like, no, bro, you are not working work at all. Yeah, And I'm like, well, I'm not.
Speaker 3: I don't have the wisdom to accept that critique right now, So I'm just get angry.
Speaker 1: I did have we jump in on that. Yeah, if there's a cover, which is that, like to the extent that there's a small silver lining to any of this. Obviously, like all these corporations ending these like programs is not or like programs or point of view or pr positions is not like good. But to Miles's point, it's also worth highlighting how little they were actually doing even with these programs. So it's like, yes, things are being taken away, but it is less than they said was being given, if that makes sense. It's not nothing, I understand, it's not nothing, but like they were never trying, so like they never actually gave a shit. So like, yes, like opportunities are being taken away, and like just like a positive light on people who aren't white men is diminished. However, it's less diminished than it seems because it was never there in the way it was before.
Speaker 4: Also in the silver lining category, guys, the end racism message will be replaced by like they've been working in the lab to like find the most insincere statements and we've got it takes all of us and choose love.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Both both seem like they would be slogans from the back of the jersey of like white players during the NBA bubble. Yeah, the education reform education, Andrew t as always such a pleasure having you on the daily zeitgeist. Where can people find you, follow you all that good stuff.
Speaker 1: You can find me. This Racist is my podcast. We just did a premium dropped a premium watch along with two hours and change of us talking over Fast and Furious. Is it?
Speaker 4: Are you a fan? Because my thinking on it has had always been like they started getting really good at like four or five.
Speaker 1: Yes, they didn't really start getting amazing until five. Yeah, okay, I weirdly have seen every single one of them in the theater opening weekend except for I think nine. I think so, But I wasn't like a huge fan until Look, I mean, it's a commerce. There's a commitment, especially in the later ones, to racial diversity that is undercut by the pretty heavy headed misogyny of the movies. It's a little bit of a push, but you know, sort of grading on a blockbuster curve. Yeah, by far the most diverse, and.
Speaker 4: You know, yeah, yeah, they are like exhibit a of like when when you read those like Sony hack emails and they're like, guys, we just can't have movies that don't star white men that look like me. I'm sorry, those are just the facts. It's like this is a great example of like why it's so it's just like incredibly wrong.
Speaker 1: You know, and and to go back, I know, to the depressing conversation from earlier, it's like, you know, people of color, queer people, women are still going to exist and for the medium term future, they're still going to have some sort of even if capital is the only thing that matters, They're still a buy a like demographic with buying power and so like on some level they still matter, and like their power or your power, our power can still be felt. It's unfortunate that it has to be felt through how we spend our dollars, but like that's another avenue. They can be felt through how we work and what we do, and like where we choose to work and how you know, what we do when we choose to be at work. So for now, like there's relatively little like coercion in terms of those things. So like fucking use that power, like while we have it. Yeah, anyway, yeah, fast and furious.
Speaker 4: Is there a work of media you've been enjoying Besides, I literally.
Speaker 1: Don't remember if I said this one already, but I really enjoyed the movie Presence, which has its flaws, but it's a Steven Soderberg movie that's how that's it's in the trailer. It's kind of a spoiler, but it's just in the trailer. But it's a like indie ghost story told from the pov of the ghost, and it's you know, I have thoughts, it's not perfect, but it's oh shit. Maybe I did mention it on this podcast because I remember, all right, well, I fucking enjoyed presence. I also enjoyed hard truths. I did also watch the re release of Seven recently, which I enjoyed less than I did when I first saw Seven. Remarkably reactionary in terms of its view of what the city is you.
Speaker 4: Want to stay there. It's written from the same intellectual perspective as Hallmark movies, where they get it the fuck out of the city.
Speaker 1: There is there is like I get the general comment on the degradation of you know, humanity, and I know it's I think David Fincher wants, but the actual nuts and bolt of like what's actually wrong with people boils down to a remarkably bill O'Reilly view of what New York is.
Speaker 4: Yea, oh man, get to get out there, You'll get you'll turn so perverted, you'll have you'll kill get your sex.
Speaker 3: People, you'll take that Wu Tang interstitial skin about he feeding and feeding you literally exactly. And to somebody, did they give the Wan clan residuals on that because with the.
Speaker 1: Fun that dude they I mean that the gluttony one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's straight out of the Wu Tang song.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, sure there was that one dude who they put his nuts on the dresser and hit that shit with a bat like black like wound.
Speaker 4: And then everyone was just kind of like.
Speaker 10: Oh, oh yeah, yeah you were talking. I fucking I fucking yeah. They're like they had amend the script. They're like, this is I'm this.
Speaker 4: Is this is the Wu Tang script. Is bang that shoe like that bang.
Speaker 3: Put that put a cold hang on a hostile sticky g ass like.
Speaker 4: From the slats, Shall and miles.
Speaker 1: Where can people find their working media?
Speaker 4: You've been in.
Speaker 3: Jarry back to Wu Tang folks, Uh yeah, find me at miles of gray everywhere. They got to add the must find us on the basketball podcast. I was a jackob Man boosties. Find me on four to twenty de fiance talking ninety day Beyonce. Uh.
Speaker 1: Some tweets.
Speaker 3: I found a tweet I liked uh, Gritty is the way at Gritty twenty twenty two zero two zero two is the one who posted that Camraocrats trolley car dilemma. But the tweet that I like is from at Prime Underscore Backer. It said Democrats were quicker to respond to students protesting a genocide than to the richest man on earth trying to unilaterally shut down a government agency.
Speaker 4: I had one with a very similar sentiment, just prove us wrong, Democrats. That's I'm sure they're gonna be like, that is not fair. Proof us wrong. Let's see it then, Yeah, get out there, Jesus Christ. Uh. You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore O'Brien and on blue Sky at jack Obi one tweet up or sorry something from Blue Sky I've been enjoying us From defunct defunct land. He just tweeted a screencap from what appears to be an old newspaper article that says, the Pillsbury dough Boy, no matter what anyone says, would look great on a bicycle. Quote, riding a bicycle is something very appropriate for the dough boy to do. Tim Johnson said Saturday, it's in his personality and defunctly just tweeted that and said, nodding my head in agreement, just like reading yes exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, popping fresh, popping fresh, love to ride that bike, what pills?
Speaker 4: Very dope. Boy's been all over the zeke Guist lately for some reason. I'm seeing him tweeted, tweeted.
Speaker 3: It's probably just all part of our pop culture regression.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it would be great on TikTok.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, it's his time has come. You can find us on Twitter at daily Zeitgeist. We're at the Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram. We're also at Daily Zeikeeist on Blue Sky, I believe, and we have Facebook fan page and a website, Daily zeikeist dot com. You can go to the episode wherever you listen to it, check out the description of the episode, and you will find the footnotes, which is where we link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode. We also link off to a song that we think you might enjoy, Miles, is there a song that you think people might enjoy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, just a fun kind of rock tune.
Speaker 3: I think these It says it said New Zealand to New York, so I'm guessing they're probably kei we and that the band is called Balu Brigata b A l u b r I g A d A and the track is called so Cold, and.
Speaker 1: It's just like you know, I like, just just.
Speaker 3: Some something to have on a little bit with words, not like the last couple of instrumentals I've been talking about.
Speaker 1: So check this one out.
Speaker 3: So Cold by Balda Bahata.
Speaker 4: Great combination of syllables bahutag all right.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 4: The Daily Zeika is a production of by Heart Radio. For more podcasts from my heart Radio, visit the Heart Radio ap Apple podcast wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That's gonna do it for us this morning, back this afternoon to tell you what is trending, and we'll talk to you all then. Bye bye