Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio Hour two.
Speaker 2: On this Thursday, we'll talk to Chris Collinsworth. He'll be on the call with Mike Tarico. That'll be Sunday. It'll be the Rams and the Eagles at three eastern eight seven seven three. DP show email address Dpadanpatrick dot com, Twitter handle at DP show operator Tyler sitting by taking your phone calls. We will have a new poll question for hour two. Say good morning if you're watching on Peacock, download the app if you haven't done so. Big day today, big day to day, big purchase for me today and probably not the purchase that you Maybe we play the game guess that purchase. But I'm going to have to make you wait though.
Speaker 3: Yes, is it as big a purchase as Strawberry Quick.
Speaker 2: It's bigger than that, it is, Okay, Yes, yes, the Strawberry Quick. Had it this morning once again. I I hadn't had it in forty years, and I picked it out two days ago and my wife says why and I said why not? Yes, Tom, do you remember me a little phrase?
Speaker 4: You can't drink it slow because.
Speaker 2: It's quick, because it's quick. Heyg thank you, Todd. He is Chris Collinsworth who used to be quick. He used to be fast. Collinsworth used to be fast. That was a long, long time ago. How fast do you think you could run a forty yard dash?
Speaker 5: Last time I ran a forty yard dash? My kid got me in the backyard. So we were talking about it. So they were claiming they could beat me, right, and I said no way. They were like, they're a teenager. So this is probably fifteen years ago. And so we lined it up, we had time trials, we had the whole thing, and I just I literally warmed up for a half an hour because I hadn't sprinted forever, right, warmed up for a half an hour, came out there. I made it thirty eight and a half yards before I on my hamstring, So I have no idea. I fell across the line. It was the worst moment of all time, but I was only one and a half yards away from having an official time for you, So I have no idea.
Speaker 2: Is speed more important than quickness as far as being a wide receiver.
Speaker 5: I think there's both, you know. I think there's there's people that Randy Moss obviously could just run by you. Some of these big guys, Tarrell Owens, I always thought I didn't know what his forty yard dash time was, but it didn't matter. You know, the forty yard dash really comes down to the first ten yards whoever is the quickest getting off. So a lot of times the smaller receivers can get off the line of scrimmage in that first ten yards and you get a great time. But what I see out of the league is that a lot of these long legged six four six five guys that can build up speed. What really mattered is when you hit the jets around twenty five yards, you know, when you make your move and you're closed, and now you got to run by those guys, and that's when some of the real stars of the league really emerge, because then it's just like, So that's my support for the tall receivers in the league.
Speaker 2: But how do you explain Cooper Cup and Puka Nakua, who aren't for four guys but they're extremely successful.
Speaker 5: Well, I think Cooper is and I love watching him run, and I can't believe I was so stupid. I never thought of any of this stuff when I was playing. But he does a little triple move that is just awesome. So it's like dun dun duhn, and then the dbs just get frozen. So it's not like he's there fearing him running past him as much as they have no idea which one of these Isaac Curtis could do that a little bit, Dan, you remember him, my old teammate, and he had this thing he got from Paul Warfield, and it's interesting that I couldn't. I didn't do it well, but and seeing Cooper and now he's teaching it the puka. But Pooka, for the most part, I think is a fullback playing wide receiver. You know, when you watch the Rams play, how many early downs start with they just get him the ball in the flat and he runs over somebody in the second and three and so. But he's he's a He's a tremendous, tremendous player in both those guys. The magic of that team has always been the play action, the run game, the bootlegs off of it, but the ability of those two guys to make key blocks. I'm just going back and watching the first Rams Eagles game, and a lot of the big plays that they had in the running game came from those two guys.
Speaker 6: Blocking.
Speaker 2: Okay, how do the Rams win this game?
Speaker 5: I think I think they can. Matthew Stafford has to be great. He just has to be great. I mean he is, he can handle anything. He's not going to get hit. He's not going to let these guys just beat on him. Now, they did get him a couple of times, but Havevenstein wasn't playing right tackle. It was McClinton last time. But he's tremendous getting the ball out of his hands and not having the Kobe Dean is will hurt Philadelphia. He really flashed in that first game, a couple of big tackles for losses and big hits on the quarterback. He ran over Kyron Williams one time on a pass rush, so they'll miss him. But it wouldn't surprise me at all to see this thing come down to a lot of man coverage on the back end. I mean, there's just no way that they can let the Eagles just overpower them again with Saquon Barkley right, So that means you got to get up, You've got to try and stuff the run. You just got to be able to get after their run game and whatever happens in the passing game happens in the passing game.
Speaker 2: It feels like every year there's a surprise in the divisional round. So if that's the case, give me the surprise this weekend.
Speaker 5: Yeah, honestly, I probably would have said our game. And I think that people, and rightfully so, look at the Eagles as a team that very prominent and could easily win a Super Bowl, and it's the kind of team that I like to If I build a football team, I would build the Philadelphia Eagles. I would build power on the offensive line. I would build power on the defensive line. Some of these big guys, Jalen Carter's unbelievable. I don't know that people give him enough credit for what he does. He just he draws double teams from every team every single time, and if you single block him, he blows you away. That all being said, I think what we saw out of the Rams last week gives them a chance because they really were able to play manned coverage against a very good Vikings passing game, which surprised me a little bit. They've really grown in the secondary on the back end with what they've been able to do, and Matthew Stafford has the ability to offset a pass rush. He has the ability with his brain, with his experience to not give up those big plays. Now, having said that, the last two series that I watched of this first game between these two, they took sacks and they couldn't block those guys inside. So it's you know, but I do think when you have a veteran quarterback that has the ability to dictate a game, not get hit, not give up big sacks, and not throw interceptions, that it does give you a chance.
Speaker 2: Is it mandatory that when the Texans make the playoffs they must play the first game in the playoffs as early on Saturday afternoon as possible?
Speaker 5: Apparently so the ESPN game we used to call it back in the day. But you know, the Texans were impressive last week. I mean, there's just you just have to say what it is when when they when they get it going, especially on the defensive side, you know they have the ability to go get your quarterback. And the problem is that, I mean, short of Patrick Mahomes and the Kansas City Chiefs just not liking.
Speaker 2: All this time off.
Speaker 5: And I can't imagine a veteran team wouldn't. But maybe they're just not razor sharp. But I've been to so many Andy Reid practices over the years. These guys practice hard. I mean, it's not like when you when they get time off. It's not like they're in flipflops walking around like the forty nine ers used to do and they were whooping our butts all the time. But they they come out there and they are practicing and they're getting after it. So generally there's a reason why Andy's teams do fine after buys.
Speaker 2: It feels like here's a team that could go for a three pet But I think it's being under sold. I think there is Chiefs fatigue with the media that you know, if you look at the storylines, Chris, we're talking about anything but the chief Now, granted it's the divisional round against the Texans, but we're focusing on the lines Jayden Daniels, Josh Allen, you know, versus Lamar Jackson. Like we're going out of our way to make sure that we're talking about anything but the Kansas City Chiefs. Why is that?
Speaker 5: Because they've converted into a defensive team. Not that they aren't capable, but when we've all like we're overwhelmed watching the Kansas City Chiefs, it was because Tyreek Hill and company and they were taking the top off and they're throwing bombs and Mahomes was you know, it was just insane. They were scoring points all over the place, and it's really not what they are right now, and they are still fully capable of doing that. But they got the fifteen and one this year because of the way they played defense. And honestly, it was the same thing yesterday or last year that they really just played great defense. Chris Jones and company in there. Those guys they win the game on the defensive side. And then we remember Mahomes making a player, Kelsey making a play at the end of the game and scoring a touchdown. But you go back to that Ravens championship game last year. I mean it was a fistfight. It was a violent, violent football game. And I think that's what's missed out of this when you watch Kansas City where people talk about them, is you know, Philadelphia I consider a violent football team. I think Kansas City is too. They've got that interior wall inside with the it was great center and two guards physically can come off the ball, and defensively, I think they're as good as anybody in the league.
Speaker 2: We're talking to Chris collins Worth, NBC Sunday Night Football analyst, and he'll be on the call with Mike Trico Melissa Stark. That will be Sunday at three. It's the Rams in the Eagles. Who has more to gain in Buffalo? Between Lamar Jackson and Josh Allen.
Speaker 5: Who? I think that Josh has at least played well in really big playoff games. I mean the fact that they lost that game to Kansas City that year when he makes that brilliant comeback and with twenty seconds left or whatever it was, Mahomes comes back.
Speaker 6: That really wasn't on him.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: Lamar's coming off a year in which probably wins the MVP again. I don't know how that vote's just trying to read the teelely of some of that stuff, but it could be his third MVP and the only thing he has not done is tear it up in the postseason. And so you're sitting there and as a coach, what do you tell him? It's like, do you tell them, all right, Lamar, let's put the ball in your hands, let's go. You just be the man. Or do you just say, hey, Lamar, just do what you've done right, We've got King Henry. Let's be patient, let's do this. Don't feel like you've got to take it in your own hands, you know. So it's kind of a quand reay. So I'm going to say Lamar, I think as great as he has been in the regular season, he kind of needs to stamp it a little bit with a super Bowl championship. In this team, they are fully capable.
Speaker 2: More valuable off season edition Derrick Henry or Saquon Barkley.
Speaker 5: I think Saquon Derrick Henry has been really good, and he's got the compliment of Lamar, but Saquon has the complement of this offensive line. And it's one of the things that I really I mean it's it's so I played receiver. I've played every position in the NFL basically at one time or another, but I started as an offensive lineman. But this really highlights the what this offensive line has been over the years, right, I mean, this has been a dominant force for the Philadelphia Eagles. It was when they won the championship, it is now if they win another championship, it'll be for that same reason. Offensive and defensive lines.
Speaker 7: And I.
Speaker 6: Think that Saquon behind This.
Speaker 5: Group has really just shown what they have been able to do over the years. And if they win, it'll be Saquan running the ball. I think they're a very good passing team that if they win it'll be because they overpower teams the rest of the way.
Speaker 2: Why is Mike McCarthy out of the job in Dallas?
Speaker 6: I gotta say that one surprised me a little bit.
Speaker 5: You know, if he had won so three out of four years he won twelve games, right, maybe he didn't. He couldn't beat the forty nine ers in the playoffs, and that's what it was. Unfortunately, the decision year was the year that he didn't win twelve games in Dallas.
Speaker 6: So and Jerry Jones, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I just keep watching this Dion Sanders thing, you know, and you go, okay, I mean, you know, Deon's done great in Colorado. He's you know, this is a we've got a new age of football. We're seeing much more of a college kind of football game happening, quarterbacks that run all this stuff. Maybe Dion's the perfect new age head coach too. But that whole thing is that whole dynamic now is getting really really really interesting.
Speaker 6: So what are you gonna.
Speaker 2: Think it's real? Chris? You think that Dion possibly to the Cowboys is real?
Speaker 5: I think anything with the Cowboys as possible. I mean, come on, how many times do we watch this show? And it is a show. I mean it is when you walk in that facility, you walk in that stadium, and the cheerleaders, and I mean from the moment you arrive in Dallas, you understand it's not a football team.
Speaker 6: It is a show.
Speaker 5: And the ring master is Jerry Jones and whatever whatever he really believes sells more tickets to the show and creates more wins, So you sell more tickets to the show. He's gonna do it. Do I think Dion can do it? I do, but I'm not sure. But I got to be honest. You know, there's a reason Lamar Jackson was the last player picked in the first round. There were thirty one other teams that weren't sure that he was going to be able to do what he's doing.
Speaker 6: So I'm not saying that Dion can't.
Speaker 5: We just haven't seen a former player go coach a couple of years in college football and go be head coach of the Cowboys and find a way to make it work with Jerry is the ring leader. So it's everybody that I know that's ever been head coach of the Cowboys, they'll tell you it's different.
Speaker 6: You know, it's not like being in Green Bay.
Speaker 5: Is not like being you know, it's different. There's more to being the head coach in Dallas than just being the head coach.
Speaker 2: Fill in the blank, justin Herbert is blank.
Speaker 5: Extremely talented. I didn't think that they had enough this year. I was actually impressed that. I mean, they went out in a terrible way for him, you know, that was not a good performance by him at all in the playoffs. But I think they've set the table a little bit. You know, they've established what Horriball wants them to be.
Speaker 6: They need help at receiver.
Speaker 5: They just don't have enough right now to be able to do really what they want. They're not going they can't go compete with the Philadelphia Eagles of the world, you know, and just go bang heads in there. So year one take them to the playoffs. Yeah, I think it's successful, and I do think he'll come back. I think it was a bad performance.
Speaker 2: Before I let you go. Al Michaels joining us Al would you give Chris a little taste of maybe what they used to share? Jackson drives back there and there he goes, Chris, we did that to Al Seaton, did his Al Michael's in person personation and Al goes do I sound like he didn't like it, But now whenever you hear him and there he goes.
Speaker 5: He has a great way of changing gears and and of it.
Speaker 2: And he's just about out of job.
Speaker 4: Him their INGOs.
Speaker 5: We all steal from each other, right, I mean, I take the best of you and whoever al and you incorporated in a little bit and everything you do.
Speaker 2: Have fun this weekend. Thank you, Chris, good to talk to you. That's Chris collins Worth on the call with Mike Terrico, Melissa Stark Rams Eagles Divisional playoff game Sunday on NBC and Peacock kickoff at three eastern. We'll take a break when we come back, phone calls and what was my purchase? My big purchase that's coming up, have that for you right after this.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 8: Hey Steve Covino and I'm Rich David and together we're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app. Why should you listen to Covino and Rich. We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world. We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss. And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together.
Speaker 2: I mean that says something, right.
Speaker 8: So check us out. We like to get you involved too, take your phone calls, chop it up. As they say, I'd say, the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe.
Speaker 2: The most inter show on planetar.
Speaker 8: Be sure to check out Cavino and Rich Live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific, And if you miss any of the live show, just search kobin On and Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media.
Speaker 2: That's Covino and Rich. Time to guess the big purchase. Big purchase? All right? In fact, let me get to Mike in Youngstown. He has a guest. Guess my big purchase? Hi Mike, what's on your mind?
Speaker 9: Hi?
Speaker 4: Dan?
Speaker 10: How you doing great?
Speaker 2: Mike?
Speaker 10: Hey Dan, I got a big chuckle yesterday when you were talking about water and the catchup bottle. I at the same that same thing growing up. But my guest, Dan, you're in Maine. You bought a snowmobile.
Speaker 2: Nope, nope, good guests though, Thank you, Mike, you got a factor in where I am in Maine. Todd, guess the big purchase.
Speaker 4: I think there's a trick question, and it's an indoor thing, and I'm gonna go with a fancy aquarium of some sort with exotic.
Speaker 7: Fish aquarium, because nothing says main like exotic quarium.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it's a hot it'd be very cozy.
Speaker 4: Inside your main cabins. Have a really nice aquarium.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, I'd be the envy of the neighborhood. I got an aquarium. Come on over, kids.
Speaker 7: Yes, I think Todd is hovering in the right area, but slightly off base. I think it's not an aquarium for fish. I think it's a fishing pole. I think it's you got yourself a fancy new fishing rod.
Speaker 2: And reel, maybe a loore.
Speaker 3: In a tackle box for yourself.
Speaker 2: Okay, Marvin, is that your guest?
Speaker 9: That was new fishing rods?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 11: Paul, I had thought snowmobile before that. Gus uh was just called in. I'm gonna audible too. I don't know what they call them. Those quads, those winter quad it's like those John Deere side by side. Yeah, those side by side winter quads.
Speaker 2: Maybe one of those. Nope, I had a big purchase an augur excuse me an augur?
Speaker 3: Oh are you ice fishing? That's an auger for ice fishing?
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Man, you get the auger and you drill the holes in the ice, and then you, uh do you set your traps so you can go ice fishing? Yes?
Speaker 11: I have two thoughts here a Seaton mcgleve and I auged a little bit when we're in Minnesota and seating, if you remember right, they let me do the auging. I almost send it right through the ice into the icy waters below. Secondly, Dan, I always worry with you and power tools and power equipment. Are you are you auging or you have an auger on staff?
Speaker 2: Well, there is a designated augur or in the neighborhood. Yeah, but if he's not around, then I am going to do augur. Now there's another thing that I want to purchase, and this is gonna make you really nervous health and shirt. A chainsaw.
Speaker 11: No, I'm not gonna allow that, dear. Yeah, I'm gonna have to step in at this juncture.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know I got these dead trees. Yeah, I just I don't know. And my wife said, okay, you can't do the chainsaw. I said, okay, I said, what about the augur And so she said, yeah, I can get an augur.
Speaker 3: I'll dan chap your own firewood. It'll warm you twice if you know what I mean. Oh, okay, that's the old saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you get warm while you're cutting the firewood and then warm barn it.
Speaker 11: The other old thing is having seven toes is no fun. I don't want you using a chainsaw, man because you're very impatient with tools and equipment, and if it doesn't start, you'll be pulling and grabbing different ends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, I know, I know, but that's I'm just when you think outdoorsman, you think me, yes, Tod.
Speaker 1: You're walking around in augur.
Speaker 4: That don't make you no ice fishing.
Speaker 2: Thank you, doctor Phil. You got an augur.
Speaker 3: But you're not cutting any holes in that.
Speaker 2: There ain't no fishing the pond.
Speaker 6: You're walking around auger. That's the problem.
Speaker 3: You ain't gonna catch no fish with that.
Speaker 2: It is a little nerve racking when you walk on the ice and you can use the augur to see how thick the ice is. But you start to walk and then you hear a crack and then all of a sudden, now there's trucks on the ice, and there's cabins that they're out there ice fishing. And here I am like tiptoeing out there with my dog, and I'm just thinking, God if I go under. Now they do have something, believe it or not. If you've been around ice fishing or you just go out on the ice, you can have something that's around your neck that if you fall in, you can take it off your neck like a dog name kind of, and you use it like an ice pick to be able to put it in the ice to pull yourself back up. Just there are all these things that I'm learning here now I am truly an outdoorsman. Yes, Marvin, do you feel pressure to be more of a man's man now that you're absolutely absolutely like, I'm around guys that when they start talking about things and dressing a deer? You know, all these like there are men like these, you know, these are the guys who are out ice fishing with no gloves on, you know, their coat open. Mean while I'm you know, trying to be as covered up as possible. Yes, bo, Yeah, you here dressing a deer. You think, why are they putting a sweater and a hat on a dinner? Yea, the weird They don't like those still. Yeah, hey, we're we were gonna go duck duck hunting? Do you want to get a duck blind? And I go, sure? What do you do to you? Poor guy? Shouldn't shoot a duck blind? Yes, Tod.
Speaker 4: Is there pressure to get some kind of moosehead that you've gotten all by yourself?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, none of that. There will not be any anything any animal that's mounted on the wall. No. I was getting creeped out when I see that things staring at you. No antlers, I can you know, put my coat on the antler. No, we're not doing any of that stuff, just being a man's man getting some flannel. Gotta have flannel.
Speaker 3: While discussing interior design.
Speaker 2: Yes that's true. Yes, that's true. There's a juxtaposition there, there is, But that's me. I'm a renaissance man. Renaissance all right, here's something for you. How about Super Bowl legacy. Look at all the quarterbacks and who has the most to gain out of winning another Super Bowl or a Super Bowl? Because you've got Josh Allen twenty eight, Jayden Daniels twenty four. I think Dan Marino's the youngest quarterback to start a Super Bowl. I think he was twenty three.
Speaker 11: Yeah, he's youngest to start. Roethlisberger youngest to win. How old was Ben twenty five? Twenty four and twenty fours?
Speaker 2: Okay, and so that was the game in Detroit. Yeah, okay, Jerome Bettis was in that game. Bussy will join us coming up next time. Jared Goff winning a Super Bowl, Jalen Hurts got close, Lamar Jackson, Mahomes with another one, Matthew Stafford, Stafford's almost thirty seven. Then you have C. J. Stroup, Paulie I'll start with you, which quarterback has the most gain in the Super Bowl Legacy boost game?
Speaker 11: Can I riff a second on this before I get my pick? I will not pick two. Matthew Stafford joins a different category if he wins one because no one saw it coming and I'm not calling it John Elway, but to have two in the back quarter of your career, that would bump matt Stafford up way higher because he has the numbers. But I'm going to go with Jared Goff. Jared Goff, it's an unbelievable story. It's his career has been you can't use the word disappointment, but he was jettison by the Rams or not much.
Speaker 2: But if he wins a.
Speaker 11: Super Bowl with four Pro Bowls and the Lions on a run, we could discuss him as a Hall of Famer in three years.
Speaker 2: But he has to do that first.
Speaker 4: The players, You're like, yeah, the player would be Lamar Jackson. But to me, if mahomes when we're talking about the Brady conversation, if they go three straight for the first time in Super Bowl history as far as Super Bowl Legacy, and he gets another Super Bowl, including three straight, I would pick Mahomes from that group.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, Seaton, who is your legacy pick?
Speaker 7: Well, I mean it's crucial that Lamar Jackson wins. Crucial That to me is it's far and away he's at it. You could take him off the list, it's that important.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, Okay, Marvin, what about you.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go with Josh Allen.
Speaker 9: I think if Josh Allen wins one, especially in Buffalo, and he've been close for the past maybe two or three years, man statue worthy.
Speaker 2: Oh, certainly in Buffalo. Yeah, I could see that. But now I would say Patrick Mahomes because if we're talking a legacy, the only other legacy that he has in front of him is Tom Brady. All these other quarterbacks, there's a lot of people in front of them, even if you win another Super Bowl. But Mahomes to do this at age twenty nine to three Pete never been done before, and now you've done something Brady hasn't done, And now you really have to say there is a possibility, given his age, with that team, with that coach, that he would be able to challenge Tom Brady. So I would go Mahomes because if we're talking legacy, the big picture is the only person in front of you on that legacy trail is Tom Brady. Yeah, I think that.
Speaker 7: I think Mahomes is interesting because he does only have that one person ahead of him. However, I think people are eager to put Patrick Mahomes ahead of Tom Brady. So you know the fact that if he wins his fourth super Bowl, now that's somehow better than what Tom Brady did in his whole career.
Speaker 3: That's crazy. That's crazy. Even though they did do three in a row, that's cool. Yeah, But to me, that's crazy.
Speaker 7: So I think that the media, for the most part, they're very anxious to put Patrick Mahomes ahead of Tom Brady.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Paony Brady won three super Bowls before the age of twenty eight. Then he went on a nine year run with no super Bowls. Then he won four more.
Speaker 2: He had super Bowl appearances and that he just didn't win. Yes, right, Stafford turns thirty seven two days before the Super Bowl. Well you talk about a walk off there, yes, Martin.
Speaker 9: And regarding Mahomes, this could put him in the Michael Jordan category as far as if you think Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen, and Joe Burrow if they don't win any Super Bowls, it's because of him. That might boost him up on the you know, Tom Brady level.
Speaker 2: That's a good call, Jalen Hurts winning a super Bowl when he played so well when they lost to the Chiefs. Because I'm not all in on Jalen Hurts, I've said this from the outset, good story. I think he's a good quarterback. I do want to see him in a big moment. Now you can argue that he was in a big moment although he had to fumble, but still he played extremely well in that Super Bowl. So that might be a package deal with Jalen Hurts and Nick Sirianni like they could. Really of the coaches, how about we do the Super Bowl legacy coaches. Let me take a break. Maybe we do that tomorrow.
Speaker 11: Great tease, aunger Man, Thank you.
Speaker 2: Auger Isn't he wasn't he the punter?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 2: That was anger? Or wasn't he the Yeah? Wasn't he the Colts punter? Yeah? All right, let me take a break. More phone calls coming up. Update the poll results. We got DOWUR rankings, and we have a quick NFL quiz drome. Bettis will join us in about a half hour from now.
Speaker 1: Back after this, be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio w app Well, well.
Speaker 2: Maybe things that are starting to heat up a little more than I'm willing to acknowledge with the Dallas Cowboys and Deon Sanders. This from ed Warder covers the Cowboys and he tweets out regarding Dion Sanders. I'm being told that he would almost certainly accept if Jerry Jones offers him the job to be the next head coach of the Cowboys, and those around him are encouraging him to pursue it, and that Jerry Jones is enamored with the idea. So Edwarder is certainly plugged in with the Cowboys. Fritzy wants you to reach out to Edward or see if he's got a couple of minutes for us on this. A couple of phone calls in here as well. We have our dour rankings. Let's see RJ in Colorado. Welcome back, r Jay, Come.
Speaker 13: On, how you doing?
Speaker 2: Hey good?
Speaker 13: Ate, got a little bit of a confession. I've been using the Dan Patrick Show and the dan etsas a little bit of a scapegoat. I'm getting married here in two days, and I've found myself the last few months saying a word that I fell in love with, and she says it's not a word and it's efforting. Because I heard so much from you guys, I've bought her a Christmas present with it on a T shirt and a coffee mug. So it's kind of funny today you're using the word auguring and augur. But I'm wondering if I could go around the circle. Should I try to add some humor into the vows and place the word efforting in there?
Speaker 1: Yes or no?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 11: Yes, absolutely yes, Paulie, his wife already does not like the word. I don't know if I would inject it into the wedding day.
Speaker 2: Is efforting a word?
Speaker 11: It is not technically Merriam Webster Dictionary. She knows her stuff is not in the web Dictionary.
Speaker 7: Okay, yes see, I'm gonna probably agree with paul on this one. We're never as funny as we think we are is kind of the rule to live by. So if it's a question as to whether you should put it in there or not just go with not because it's your Probably it's not going to get the laughs that maybe you think it will.
Speaker 2: And good luck, good luck ur Jay, good luck efforting. Yes, Todd, even if you.
Speaker 4: Nail it and it's a perfect delivery and set up and everything else, the fact that you knew in advance, say she doesn't care for the word, is enough of a reason to just leave it out. It's not necessary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but she may just say that's not a word. But it can be your word. I mean, you could still have. I'm hoping she has a sense of humor. I don't know, is it that big a deal to say?
Speaker 10: Hun?
Speaker 2: I promise to be efforting the rest of my life to make you happy. Bob and Florida, Hi Bob, what's on your mind?
Speaker 10: Hey?
Speaker 2: Dan?
Speaker 12: A third time, Long Time, five seven of very Soft, two thirteen.
Speaker 6: Soft.
Speaker 12: So you had Jim Nance on yesterday and he was talking about the grades in broadcasting and so forth, and I just want to say you what you have brought to sports is to me unparalleled, and your show is amazing. I had hired my son for my oldest step son for a couple of years, and he's quieter, reserved and your show was able to bring out just a number of really great conversations. He enjoyed it, and he's not a big sports guy, so it was just really really meaningful and I want to thank you for that. And then I have a second thing, if you allow me. You guys were talking about what to do when you have a significant other that roots for a different sports team. I'm from Northeast Ohio. I root for, obviously the Higo State Buckeyes.
Speaker 10: My wife from.
Speaker 12: Michigan, huge Michigan fan, Wolverine fan. I tell people I get to screw the blue anytime I went too.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's a wow bomb. Dang, it's all emotional that he went there at the end, I know, I know, talking about his step son and how we brought out his personality and then drop the hammer there but barely Yeah, WHOA. Most cars on the road could use a little TLC. At Maco, they bring their car back to life with affordable paint choms like collision repairs. Get a free estimate today. Uh oh, better get Maco. Let's do quick NFL quiz, Paulie, Can I have some music? Marvin?
Speaker 11: Yes, Dan, this matches dour rankings. This is about futility. The NFL franchise that's gone the longest without winning a playoff game. A couple of hints. The third place team won one in twenty ten. Second place was two thousand and two. There's one NFL team that has not won a playoff game since the two thousand season, Dodd.
Speaker 4: First team that came to my bed. That maybe the third place winners?
Speaker 2: The Jets. No, okay, Satan got a guess?
Speaker 14: Uh, Cardinals nope, Marvin, the Jaguars, No, none of them.
Speaker 11: The Bears won a playoff. The Bears won a playoff game in twenty ten, so they're in third place. There's two teams more futile, Dan.
Speaker 2: How about the Cleveland Browns?
Speaker 11: No, the Las Vegas Raiders last won a playoff game in two thousand and two.
Speaker 2: Blop.
Speaker 11: The team that's gone twenty four years.
Speaker 3: Without a playoff victory the Dolphins. That's correct, it's been a while for the Dolphins.
Speaker 2: Yes, it as Yeah, Dan, Marino's not walking through that door. Ohen sixth and Sean in Nevada. Hi, Sean, WIT's on your mind today?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 15: Dan, dannit happy meet Friday Eve, Meet Friday Eve.
Speaker 10: See what I did there? Todd, very nic.
Speaker 15: I just wanted the two quick things. My wife. I got Tyler's personal email address. She's an incredible piano player and singer, and she wants to submit a stat of the day song. If you only played it once.
Speaker 10: It would make her year.
Speaker 15: And today is her forty fifth birthday. And I just want to say. Her name is Pandora, like the radio station, not the box.
Speaker 10: So if you say the box, she'll be pissed.
Speaker 15: Pandora, I love you more than any Wait.
Speaker 2: Wait wait, wait, wait wait, wait, hold on, hold on, Pandora? Is your wife's name?
Speaker 6: Pandora?
Speaker 15: Is my wife's name?
Speaker 2: Is that a family name?
Speaker 15: She was raised by hippies.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 15: My mother in law's name is Raven.
Speaker 10: Okay, yeah, it's her name's Pandora.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, I would love to have her submit a stat of the day. So can she do that?
Speaker 15: Since she married me to listen to your show for the last year and a half, and she's a fan, and she will submit a.
Speaker 2: Stab of the day.
Speaker 15: It's her birthday. So I was hoping you guys would do your little silly clappy thing for her.
Speaker 2: Are silly?
Speaker 3: A lot of thought?
Speaker 2: Pandora? All right, let's give a little clappy thing to Pandora and yeah, see your words can hurt sometimes. All right, now, let's go.
Speaker 9: Over.
Speaker 2: So you want to submit a stat of the Day song? Sure, more than I'm happy.
Speaker 10: Oh.
Speaker 2: Edwarder is going to join us, coming up in about ten minutes from now. He just sent me a tweet about Dion Sanders and sounds like maybe this is a match made in Dallas between Jerry and Dion. So ed Warder covers the Cowboys, we'll talk to him. Jerome Bettis will join us in the final hour of the program. More phone calls on the way as well. Eight seven seven three DP show two Hours in the Books, One more to go on this Thursday.