Speaker 1: Out here, there's no one way of doing things, no one written rules, and no shortage of adventure because out here the only requirement is having fun. Bank of America invites kids six to eighteen to golf with Us for a limited time. Sign them up for free one year membership, giving them access to discount to tee times at thousands of courses. Learn more Bank of America dot Com, slash golf with Us. What would you like the power to do? Bank of America Restriction Supply CPA dot com slash golf with Us. We're complete details covered by twenty twenty five Bank of America Corporation.
Speaker 2: What's up, friends, and welcome into Fantasy Pros MLB. This is Cleaning Up the Discord podcast, where Joe Rico and myself the Welsh are live on our Fantasy Pros discord with the community. We are here to answer any questions that the Discord has and we're going to talk about some topics that are going around baseball. A couple big things, especially a few little things here and there we've hit across Fantasy Pros that we can get Joe Rico's take on. But this is an opportunity for literally only the discord people to decide what we talk about. You get to be the producers when you come in. So come and join us today Fantasypros dot com slash Chat. Also, you guys get the opportunity to join us live on leading off Me and Joe Pizapia, my other Joe in My Life, twelve pm Eastern Monday through Friday. We are live at Twitch dot tv slash in this League. We're answering your questions, we are talking best bets, we're breaking down everything in baseball. And the new thing that's happened this year is we're taking a ton more live questions. So Twitch dot tv slash in this League. Come and watch us live, and if you can't, don't worry. The show always shows up on the YouTube kind of quicker than ever, or at least better positioned than ever. I suppose when we did it live on YouTube, it was there, but it's better positioned than ever. You can find that on YouTube within the hour of us doing it. So that is YouTube dot com slash in this League. That's the stuff. That's the thing. Joe Rico, how are you, my friend? I know you were traveling around different portions of Canada and now you were back on It was weird hearing you say you're like man as on the West Coast, and you know, to me, that's like that's where I am, California versus New York. But you were talking about it. What Toronto versus Vancouver.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was out in Vancouver. You're visiting a friend and I was. It was only only three hours, so it's not super extreme like I've been to Europe before and then those are like six hours. It's really brutal. But I just kept pushing back my flight and I came back and landed at like four in the morning, and I was just I missed the whole night of sleep. So I'm still trying to catch up from that, but happy to get back into the swing of things. I know it was kind of a bad time for me to take off in terms of like where we are in the baseball season, so I'm kind of playing catch up a little bit, but lots to talk about. Unfortunately, we have a lot to talk about today with the injuries.
Speaker 2: We do have a lot to talk about. Hopefully we'll be talking with you guys. I see our boy Fred Dinger's in here saying, what's that fellas, what is Upfred? We have kind of a chat area where we're going to be taking questions and if we do like last week, if you guys listened, we had a couple of people want to come up on the board. They wanted to chat with us. People can do that. You can do that. That's kind of the cool thing about all of this. But yes, injuries, it's the plague. It always happens every single year. It What is ironic about it is it feels like it's in like a timespan. Like obviously you look over like the entire season, you get the scope of it, but there's always like a couple of weeks and it's usually at some point early maybe it's you week three, or sometimes it's the first week where you're just like, give me a break, give me a break with injuries. Mounds of injuries today alone, right before we started. Wyat Langford officially put on the iel. Justin Steele has some shoulder discomfort. He says it shouldn't be too long. He is on the eel. It's left and right. Could tell Marte looks like it might be till May. Tons and tons of injuries, but just real quick, let's talk about the injury that almost was a big scare and would have caused panic. Fernando Tatis Junior last night, or as we're recording this last night, pulls through a swing. He'd I think it said, I might be inversing this, like he heard it like on a slide, and then the swing or it was the sling swing, and then he came back in and left. But the visual is he had this really big swing. As he does it actually seemed very Corby and Carrol like, with a big follow through only his arm and bam, he's grabbing at it and then he leaves the game and there's a collective oh god. The positive news, unlike all the other injuries that are not positive at this point, is that he says he's okay. Manager says he's okay. He's not going to require an iel stint or anything like that. So great, awesome, We're all happy about that. But I brought this up on leading off today and I want to get your take on it. Are you worried though? Did this open up a can of absolute chaos and worry for you? Because it's not even April tenth. He's already swung through so aggressively that there's a little sting in there. This was on this surgically repaired shoulder. This just kind of reminds and it feels very like corbing Carol esque that this could be looming all year and not many guys have been hotter than Fernando Tatis Junior. So Arico, the question is is do you have any long standing worry because of this and would this make you react in any crazy way.
Speaker 3: It's hard to be comforted by it because it's the same shoulder that he has had problems with, the same shoulder that he had surgery on in twenty twenty two. So I wonder what this is going to mean the rest of the season, if it's going to be something that does kind of hamper the power, if it potentially means he's not going to be willing to steal as much because he's worried about the slides. If they're going to give him some days off here and there to kind of mitigate some of the some of the potential reinjury risk, it does worry me. At the same time, I don't know if you're really going to be trying to trade him necessarily, like to this point of the season. Looking at the player raider on fangrafs, he's the number four player for the season. So I don't know if you're really trying to get off of him right now based off of it. But if you can trade him and get another fur round player back, if you are worried and you're trying to get like a Kyle Tucker or a player of that ilk back for him, I don't mind it. I don't really know how this is going to affect him in the long run, but considering it's the same shoulder that has bothered him in the past, I wouldn't blame somebody for trying to just get off of it before this potentially gets worse, as long as you're not taking a huge haircut, like I wouldn't sell him for seventy seventy cents on the dollar. But if you're getting a you know, an equal kind of first round player back, I would be okay with it.
Speaker 2: An interesting one maybe like a Gunner Henderson who had the injury has kind of started off slow, That might be one. Maybe you pare down a tiny bit and like a Lindor or something like that. My take with it is I don't look and I go, oh, there's going to be a suppression of power. I know. I think the power is great. He's stealing more bases, his legs feel healthy. The thing that would stand out to me is like Tatisa's one motor like one mode and it is go mode. So like, I don't worry that we're going to lose anything. I'm just worried we're going to lose him that it's like he's just going to keep going and then there is a reactvation. I will tell you even all of that though, I'm not going to make any move, but I do think that question is going to start to come up. I don't know if you could even get it Gunner or Lindor or something or an Alvarez. It might have to be like a two part trade. But I guess the question just alliance around, like, oh, did this just remind you that this is going to be floating all season and maybe you want to consolidate or do you just say it's an absolute nothing burger since he's not hurt and maybe it's you know, it's just a talking point at this point. Maybe it's just absolutely nothing. I think it is kind of a nothing, but just keep it in the back of your mind, I'm not making a move. It sounds like you would you would consider, like would you trade your tatist to get Lindor.
Speaker 3: I think I probably would. Lindor doesn't come with a lot of the same risks. I think that's kind of where I'd need to get the value back, though I'm not getting like a third or a fourth round player back for him. It would need to be a top fifteen or twenty player based on ADP. We're still early enough into the season that I wouldn't necessarily just look at rankings and try and get so to shrimp for him or something. But if you're getting back another first round early second round type of player, if you can get a Churio, if you can get a yord On, if you can get a Julio, a Carol somebody like that, then I'm be okay with it. But I'm not trying to trade him and then lose out on several rounds of value just for him to be okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Is that as a possibility, Yeah, And I think you definitely got to just see more of it. But I think he's one of those few players, like I think if Corbyn Carroll did that exact same thing. Everyone want to be like, here we go, you know, because you saw how the struggles were. Here we go. He did the shoulder. This was Tatisa's surgically repaired. So you know, I'm saying all this to be like, I don't really worried about it, but I understand where people are and the question is going to start arising. But you know, he was amazingly one of the few, at least at this moment that looks like he's not when, by the way, we'd even mention his own team Jackson Merrill just hit the il cronin Worth got hurt. It was a bloody, bloody Tuesday, man like it was. The last two days have been absolutely brutal in the in the injury market, and hopefully you got enough depth and people are gonna have to make some pretty tough decisions. Our boy mctunda is in the house, always a peanut and cracker jack on leading off and now here hanging with us. Mctunda, what's up.
Speaker 4: How's it going, guys?
Speaker 2: I'm doing pretty good? What you got?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 4: I can you rank the three young pitchers there in Cleveland there? I have them on my Dynasty League somebody just offered me, uh, Tanner Biby for Gavin Williams. But Logan Outlands also floating up there as well too. So who do you like for like a dynasty purpose?
Speaker 2: What was it you were you were going to get Bibby to trade away Gavin Williams or was it in verse?
Speaker 4: In verse?
Speaker 2: So you would yeah, so you would be trading Biby to get Gavin Williams. Correct, Okay, uh, Logan Allen, Yeah, Logan Allen is not in the discussion. Frankly, Gavin Williams isn't really in the discussion. Joey Joe PSP and I were looking at Gavin Williams. It's kind of been off to a little bit of a slow start. We're not seeing a ton of the like big crazy whift stuff. He has this really weird pitch mix thing. I think it was. I'd have to look at a savant page right now, but I think he's the guy. I was looking at that through like six different pitches and it's down to three right now, and he's just really honed in his pitch mix with some varying results. I'm not really sure we need to go into any even analysis though, it's pretty clearly Tanner Bibby right now. Gavin Williams, not even in the big push, would jump over him at this point. Arico, You feel any different.
Speaker 3: No, I mean Bibby hasn't been off to a good start, but that would be a buying opportunity for me. For really, any solid player top one hundred, top one hundred and fifty player who's been off to a slow start, I would be trying to buy on them for the most part. And you look at Bibby six fifty two ERA one point thirty four whip. The strikeouts haven't been there. It's still a very small sample size though. I've been a big Bibby guy for a long time, and I've been kind of out on Williams, mostly because of the injury concerns, but he also hasn't really been off to a great start. But I think i'd have byby forty spots easily ahead in pitching rankings.
Speaker 2: Personally, Yeah, I feel like that guy who's trying to do that to you. Mcdonda is like, oh, but like, you know, the Nick Pollock talked about Gavin Williams, or you know, Ino Sarah's talked about Gavin it's like no, all of them would say, byby, and I was right, Gavin, is he's really The pitch mix is super interesting. Last year he threw forcing fastball fifty one percent of the time, curveball, cutter, slider, change up, and sinker barely a sinker. He threw the two sinkers. So let's call it five pitches, four of which were double digit percentile. This year he's throwing three pitches forcing fastball, sweeper, and curveball. So it looks like he's taken and scrapped the cutter and the slider and he's just turned you know, and those had different degrees of v loos. The sweeper looks a lot closer to the slider, but he so he cut the cutter. Sweeper is now the second most used pitch. And then his curveball, which was fourteen percent last year. I'm sorry, yeah, yeah, no, I'm right about that. Curveball was second most used last year. It's now the third most use. He's using it five percent less of the time. So blah blah blah, Welsh, what does it all mean. It's that the fastball is upticked right now, it's getting hit. He's getting big whiffs on the sweeper, nothing's happening with the curveball, and it's just a three pitch mix. I think he's trying to learn what you know, his variety is going to be. So all of that to say, there's a little Gavin Williams breakdown. It ain't over Tanner Biby, ain't over no Tanner Biby, ma'am. Let's get to some of the questions that are in the chat here. So cal Kid, I just want oh, this is funny. He's like, I just want someone to see this.
Speaker 3: This is this.
Speaker 2: Is his roster, he says, I have Langford, McClain, Profar, Cow's Aer, Josh Lowe, Blake Snell, Zach Efflyn, Royce Lewis all on my roster. Well all on your eye, l and Profar shouldn't be on your roster anymore. You can cut him. That's gross, dude. And that's four of his outfielders, or that you've got two of your infielders. Kind of couldn't quite see that coming. I mean, Royce Luci know there's injury stuff. You know, there's stuff with Snell, none of the other McLain a little bit, but bo Arico, I.
Speaker 3: Mean I got like some shares of pretty much all of these guys spread out here and there, but for one roster to take that hit, like you mentioned, it's like half the infield, half the outfield his sp one probably sp three with Flyn, Like that's sil It's tough to come back from that. You got to be super active on the waiver wire. And I hope for your sake you have unlimited IEL because that'd be a tough decisions to make if you only have like three spots or something. I don't even know what you would.
Speaker 2: Do there, dude, totally no, I was just thinking the exact same thing. There are plenty of spots where like you don't have unlimited IYEL and it is three and like who are the muss? Like you gotta keep Snell, you gotta keep Langford, and then like who's and then is it McLain. So then you're cutting guys like Cowser, low E, Flyn, like Royce Lewis. Yeah, probably that probably is what.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't feel good about it. I wouldn't feel good about it. But Cowser's out like two months. Royce Lewis is probably gonna be back soon, but who knows, how long that will last. I love Eflyn. I wouldn't want to cut Eflin, but it's just like Langford, you have to keep Snell. You have to keep And then i'd argue McClain is also kind of in that kind of half to territory. The other guys are either going to be out too long, Like with Josh Lowe, it's going to be half the season probably. I've cut him in a lot of places already. It's just it's just a bad situation. So really, so Cal Kid heart goes out to you, my friend.
Speaker 2: T's and ps to so Cal Kid one hundred percent. Dexter said, rank these pitchers rest of season. We have Casey Miz, Dustin May, Rhys Olsen, and the aforementioned Gavin Williams. So let's rank these in order.
Speaker 3: Mister Joe Rico, I would go with Dustin May at the top. I'm still believing in the stuff. I still believe, you know, pitching for the Dodgers, you're gonna get double digit wins pretty and then after him, i'd go with the two Tigers. I think it kind of depends on your own feel, but I think i'd probably put myes ahead of Olsen. Just ever so slightly based on what we've seen, and then i'd have Gavin Williams bringing up the rear there.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's and I didn't realize that I.
Speaker 3: Am kind of out on him. I think it's just the injury concerns. I feel like at some point this year, the stuff that he dealt with last season is going to keep him out for a long time. If you've got enough to a great start along the lines of what Mice has done, then I'd probably feel a little bit differently. But I haven't been overly encouraged based on really anything. I know the spring looked good, but it's such a small sample. I don't really want to read too much into that. If you wanted to keep him third on that list, i'd be okay with it, but May for sure ahead, and I think My's for sure ahead as well.
Speaker 2: I would go May at the top as well. I would go who did you have? Did you have Mies or Olsen?
Speaker 4: It too?
Speaker 3: I had Mies at too, but I don't have a huge problem if somebody wants to go with Olsen, no, I would.
Speaker 2: Go May and Mie, and I actually feel like that's kind of like a tier group, but I would have Williams at three and then Ulson at four, and I think those two are really close. But May and Mis, I'm very much in on my's. Like I said, Dustin, May and Mis are both out of the streamer territory for me, especially with like how Miz's splitter is working and he's throwing strikes and he's setting up this splitter better than ever. I'm very, very encouraged by that, and I think, you know, that's going to continue for the most part in like a really positive way. And I think some of the like missed opportunity for Mys of like you know, six man rotation or pushes and stuff like. That's why those two get really close. And then I would go Williams and Olsen. So that's how that's why I would rank that bad boy. You guys can come and check out and join our Fantasy Pros Discord, not just for the podcast but for everything else. We got the home run contest, We've got rooms upon rooms AMA's where you can access all of the Fantasy Pros people, and there's an incredible community, tons of different rooms. I mean, I'm just looking here unlocked. We have the general we have looking for leagues leading off mailbag amas. There are some more premium rooms where it's waiver wire, trade advice, all of this great stuff articles. We have the Home Run Calls, which is premium and just like this, you can join into Cleaning Up. We've got different type of podcasts that you can be a part of, all exclusive to the Fantasy Pros Discord. It can be free and you can also set up the premium if you want. Go to Fantasypros dot com slash chat today, Fantasypros dot com slash chat today and be a part of our Fantasy Pros community and be on the show Wednesday's at two pm Eastern. If you're listening on the podcast, you can get it at least half a day before it airs and you can be a part of it. Can be a regular on the show if you would like. All right, a couple more questions here, would you trade Ozzie Albi's for Royce Lewis? I'm getting Albi's Now, here's the caveat in a twelve team dynasty Because Redraft we both were like, no, this is a head to head category league. It might it probably still is, no, by the way, but would you trade your Royce Lewis to get Albi's in a dynasty.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't think twice about it. Personally, Yeah, I'm taking Alby's. I'm not dealing with as much. I mean, Albi's has missed some time over the years, but I don't think he's nearly as injury plagued as Royce Lewis seems to be. He got a better lineup. I mean, what we've seen from both of them over the course of a full season could be like in the thirty home run ten stolen based type of range. But I feel like Albie's gives me a higher floor, and we've seen that ceiling of you know, second round fantasy production from him. We've seen him put together healthy seasons. He's played one hundred and fifty eight hundred and sixty one hundred and fifty six hundred and forty eight. For me, it's easily Albi's, what about you?
Speaker 2: Easy? I don't even need to go too crazy into it. Like Royce Lewis has got like some sky high potential average rely sunk last year. He is perpetually injured. He's shown no ability to keep injured. I think I have to look at my dynasty list here, but like, let me see if I can pull it up real quick. What's the age gap on this? Like just a couple I mean you have to consider the age gap. Sorry, I'm trying to pull this up here on my Dynasty list, hey, little fake cheap plug for my Patreon in this league dot com where I've got my top four hundred dynasty in top five hundred prospects all for fantasy. But I've also got some Dynasty information on fantasy pros for absolutely free if you would like to check it out. But let's tick a look here because I have ages on my Dynasty list just so it's easy.
Speaker 3: To he I'll be and Ryce Lewis is about to be twenty six, So it's like a two and a half year age gap.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not that big. It's not that big where like they you know, hey, it's five years of different production. You're kind of arguing, like prime for Albi's, I've also got them. Let me look at my ranks here, I've got them decently separated. I got Albi's like still in the top fifty range, updates coming soon. Royce is like just around the hundreds a little bit more inside, so I very much favor him our why guy in a ten team points league? I traded Xavier Edwards and Matt Shaw for Mark Ventos. What are your thoughts? Joey is a big buy on Mark Vento's right now, I am not. And this is a points league and Xavier Edwards does not strike out, leads off and hits a bunch. I would not have done that.
Speaker 3: What about you? I agree? I agree? Well, I mean Vento's with the strikeouts. It depends on the scoring a little bit. Every points league has their own way to score, but I think.
Speaker 2: You have a strikeout negative vent To's is more valuable. But strikeout, Yeah, like this is a no brainer. I'd rather have Edwards.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I agree there on that front. Shaw. I don't really know how to feel about Shaw at this point. I don't think we can really know exactly what he's going to be yet after just ten games. But I think we know Edwards is going to be a big contact guy who's going to be probably hitting close to three hundred. That's kind of what he's always done, and I think in the points league that is more valuable now. The home runs a lot of the time at points leagues, it's like eight or ten points for a home run, and Biento's could make it close if he does get the thirty thirty five homers, but the strikeout negatives is really going to mitigate some of that boost you get from the homers. So I personally am on Welsh's side here. I probably wouldn't have taken that deal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm open to Van Too's like kind of break him back and stuff. I'm just not confident he's going to hit for high average. He does have big power, but I don't know man Edwards get more at bats, makes a lot of contact still on bases aren't much, and obviously the team context for runs. But I'm on Edward. I think Edwards straight up for Van Too's in a points league makes sense. If you're also getting Matt Shaw, well, I guess he got them. I would have rathered both of those guys. I think you didn't need to add Matt Shaw for Viento's if you did it, but I would lean on Vento's side. Elsback said, Boba sheet for someone like Perdomo or Matt Shaw. Absolutely not, not in any context, not in Dynasty, not in real life, not in fantasy. Boba shed over all of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, easily was hitting over three hundred. He's in the top of the order, he's scoring runs, He's in a contract year. I'm also a big bow guy, even though I'm I try to leave the Toronto bias out of it. I was a huge bow fan coming into the year. The price was good. Yeah, this is an easy, easy bow side.
Speaker 2: For me, Easy bows for me. Trade my Brandon Lao. This is from Bunk trading Brandon Lau for Marcus Simeon in a categories league. This is a great question because obviously Simeon is in his eye struggle early on phase. Brandon Law looks great and dominant, and we've had people push like why is Brandon Low not higher and ranked higher? So this is a high performing player with an injury history versus an underperforming which we kind of know always type of guy. But you know, like Simeon kind of gets it back outside of last year's batting average. So what side would you take here, Brandon Lau or Marcus Simeon.
Speaker 3: It feels fairly, but I think I'd still probably go with Semion. The lineup in Tampa hasn't been quite as good as I was expecting. It to be. That was one of the things I was really kind of banking on, was that the offense would just be fantastic in that park. They've been okay, and Lao has been one of the ones who's been very good. But I think I'm still kind of deferring to where we were in the preseason in terms of our thought process on a player. For the most part, you know, you're slightly changing valuations on guys like soder shrim and other guys who are kind of breaking out, but I'm still leading with the top one hundred guy over a guy like Brandon Lao, who was going close to one hundred picks later, we're still talking about you know, fifty at bat sample sizes some guys is not even quite that large. I feel like Semion will turn it around, and I know with Brandon Lao he's gonna end up missing twenty thirty games at some point of the season. So I think it's relatively close. But personally I'm taking the semi inside.
Speaker 2: Yeah, me too. I think he said it well, like kind of going back to early preseason stuff. Here's another way that I look at it. If you get him, cool thing is you have had those two horrific weeks. Not a part of your lineup and not a part of your roster. You know, he the guy that traded him away. They had to eat that. There's some stuff on Simeon, Like you know, his strikeouts are up a little bit. His expected batting average just sucks, even though it's sixty points higher than what he's hitting. It sucks. But you'll see not one for one, but like expected batting average can sometimes tail hard hit percentage, his hard hit percentage is down. But what are the other things. He's barreling the same amount. He's hitting the ball as hard as usual. He's getting the ball in the air, you know, more than ever. Really, a lot of that stuff looks good. It still looks kind of like him. He's just not hitting any off speed stuff right now. And I think the team as a whole is just they're really it's a Burger and Adulus and Simeon. So I say all of that to say, I'm totally down and I am into getting a value on Marcus Simeon. So I would do that trade. Uh see what else do we have here? Big C? Would you drop Jason Adam for Max Meyer? Jose Soriano or Hayden Wiznski, Las Steele and Jackson Merril this week was able to add Jose Alvarado. Good on you, Luke Jackson and McGill. This is an ESPN points league. Not sure if dropping Wells or Shay Langliers is worth it with catcher with catchers have done in a twelve team Max, so I'm not really sure. The last part of the catchers, I think Alvarado, it was one thing we were going to talk about. Alvarado is kind of in that must pick up territory. I also like getting Luke Jackson, even though I'm not a big closer points guy. But back to the question, would you drop Jason Adam who is more of a save and holds guy who does place them in points for Max, Soriano or wiz Nesky.
Speaker 3: I think I would kind of lean towards Max Meyer. I like them all. With McGill, I'm wondering if that's Tyler or Trevor. It's probably Tyler. I don't I agree with you that you don't need to like air yourself with closers or relief pitchers in a points lead because they just don't really rack up as many as many points as starting pitchers Jason Adam. Maybe he gets that job at some point. But Suarez has been really good and I don't really see that happening for the time being. So I don't see that you're getting many safe points out of him. I probably drop him for Max Meyer. I like what Max Meyer's done. He was a breakout candidate in spring. He's actually pitching today. I wonder what's going on, and he's doing great.
Speaker 2: Actually, of course I was on the Mets side. He's held the Mets to no runs, like four hits. I think they may have just scored. Yeah, they just scored, so they've got the lead, of course, because I had the first five on the Mets. I'm an idiot not getting a ton of whiffs. But they're just not doing anything with it either, he is. I'm just looking at it all right now. Slider looks good. It's getting whiffs and called strikes. The ass ball. He's putting it in the zone and it's it's getting hit hard a little bit, but no impact. His velo's down, but it doesn't matter. Pitch mix looks good. He's throwing five different pitches right now. He's keeping them off of everything. Low Vilos on the sinker that looks really good. Max Meyer is sneaky right now. He's getting a little bit of run support, which you know the stupid Mets are not doing. I actually kind of was leading with Neski, but I think Meyer and Wiznski are like one in two on that. I probably wouldn't pick up a Sorano. I'd actually, if you have three closers, I'd just go drop like McGill and Adam and pick up was Neski and Max Meyer. Yeah you agree with that?
Speaker 3: With that, I'd live with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, you're down, good, Marico's down.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: If you are listening live, this is for you, especially if you're listening on the recorded make and put a little pen in this. Make sure you are following us on our YouTube YouTube dot com slash Fantasy pros MLB, because today at four pm Eastern, we have got a live at Fantasy Baseball Q and a Joe Pizzapia and myself. We're actually here every Wednesday at four pm Eastern and we are answering all the questions, whether it is the injury stuff, stuff like this, trades and you get it live for a full hour. YouTube dot com, slash Fantasy Pros MLB, and we even offer guaranteed responses by using the super chat. You can use a superchat function and your question gets priority, gets put right up, and we automatically answer it because we will get hundreds of people in there. But join us four pm Eastern every single day a mad dash, no other topics. We are just boom answering hundred of fantasy based one hundreds of fantasy baseball questions. So join us four pm Eastern. Fantasypros dot com, slash our YouTube dot com, slash Fantasy Pros MLB. I was like, what did I just mess up there? That's what it was, all right? Oh migtanda, just real quick, he said he needs your opinion on Vlatti's new contract as a Blue Jay Homer, how excited are you for this? Like, especially from is this going to bring other free agents to actually come and play for the Blue Jays.
Speaker 3: I don't know how much it's gonna do on that front. But I landed off the plane. I didn't have any Wi Fi, and as soon as we touched down, every notification start flooding in and I see the pass in one of the top and before I clicked on it. I was like, please, because we see the whole weekend, We're seeing all these rumors and it's imminent he might sign, it might not. And then it was just me and my buddies are all Toronto guy. So as soon as the plane lands, it's like middle of the night, and I get this huge adrenaline rush and I just jump out, yeah on the plane. I'm sure people were really appreciative of that in the middle of the night, but I am excited.
Speaker 2: Screaming my plane is not like the best idea or in an airport.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not the best. It just landed, so I think everybody knew we were okay, but yeah, I'm sure it wasn't the smartest idea. We'll see if I'm on any watch lists next time I try to fly. But I was very happy, like this is a move that needed to get done. Was it an overpay? I don't know. He's making twenty eight million right now. He boosted up for the thirty five million. The length is a little bit long, but I would rather just have him be a solo blue Jay for his whole career. You're going to look at that Baseball reference page Toronto, Toronto Toronto, Toronto, Toronto, and there's going to not be any crap at the bottom of it unless he gets traded later on. But that's besides the point. We have a star to build around, a superstar. Vladdie is on a Hall of Fame trajectory. We've seen it a couple times now. Two of his full seasons at this point have been MVP caliber campaigns. And if you let him go, the team has to fully reset with a bad farm system with a bad team around him, and they have a lot of money coming off the books over the next couple of years with Springer, with Bassett, with Gosman, with bo Rios is still a couple of years, but they can start putting the pieces together to build around Vladdie. Whereas if he had gone, this team is starting from zero and you're essentially looking at a bottom five or seven team in line with kind of like where the White Sox and Rockies and Marlins would have been. So I think this changes the trajectory of the team and gives them another ten years of potential contention as long as they put pieces around. And I've been a huge critic of the front office, but I think this is a good move, even if the term is maybe a little bit long, but I'm not going to get bogged down. I don't really care if we're paying him for those last couple of years in this thirties, so the next decade he should be fantastic. I couldn't be happier as a Blue Jay fan.
Speaker 2: You need to get that off your chest, right good.
Speaker 3: I haven't done a podcast in a week.
Speaker 2: Man, in a week, I could tell I'm happy for you, and we'll see if it brings in some more guys, even though it looks like Boba Shitt's probably on his way out. All right, last couple we'll just bang through these bad boys and then now you guys come and join us on the YouTube. Q and a Wilson Contreras, Yannier or Wells. Moving forward, you got to pick one of those catchers. People are not loving. Wilson Contreras. Yannier has been a nothing burger, and Wells was off early like a hot start, but you know, things haven't been going absolutely ballistic. So if you had to pick one of those catchers rest of season, who you going with?
Speaker 3: I'm still going Wilson Contreras. I think a lot of it comes down to do the played appearances, like he is going to outpace the other guy is there strictly because he is going to be playing at first base. Now, I wonder if maybe they mix him in behind the dish a little bit. With Ivon Herrera out for the next month, it's gonna be Paez mostly. I wonder if Wilson gets in enough just to keep that eligibility for another year. That's a potential. I'm not sure if that's gonna happen or not, but he would be my choice. Regardless. You're gonna get more played appearances out of him. But I also think the production what we've seen from him over the last several years. If there's anything you can say about Wilson, contreres its consistency pretty much every single year. Last year he did miss a little bit of time, but he's been a twenty home run, sixty RBI, five, stolen base two forty five guy pretty much every year going back to like twenty seventeen, and I think that you can kind of bank on that. Even though he started off very slow. This is just a buying opportunity for me. Is he going to strike out forty three percent of the time when he's been a twenty four percent guy. No, is he going to be walking four percent of the time when he's been ten percent for his career. No, these are just all sample sizes. He's had forty three at bats. Anybody panicking on Wilson or even panicking on yainor Diaz would I would buy both of them, But for me personally, I think I would just I would go with Contreras.
Speaker 2: Samsi's like you said it earlier in the show, like not getting too far off of our preseason valuation. I think that's kind of important. There are some instances leagues kind of change, you know, because we're now in this stage where like if you're in a ten team league, could you drop a Casus, could you drop a Viento? It's like, yeah, probably you probably could. In a ten team league and a twelve team it makes it a little bit tougher, and I'm still not making any drastic decisions, But for the most part, you know, I'm in a league where Yanire the Fantasy pros actual league. Yani is just sitting out there, but it's like I'm just kind of waiting for him to get going. But it's like a ten team league. It's a ten team company league, so I don't I don't feel the push that I got. You know, I'll just go with like hot hands right now until he starts rocking. But I would also go with Wilson Contrera's last one is our boy, Fred Dinger. I need to add some sp depth in a fifteen team keeper league. Thoughts on a J. Smith with Shaver, Tyler Molly or Tobias Harris. If you could only pick up one of those guys. Tyler Molly's actually pitching right now, got a little run support from Corey Seeger hitting a bomb early on against Shota, Tobias Myers is close to coming back, and a J. Smith Shaver in that rotation. If you can only pick one of those in a keeper who would you take? You?
Speaker 3: Said Tobias Harris at first, Do you have a basketball on the mind?
Speaker 2: Did I did? I? Yeah, yeah, say the former small forward. I do that all the time because I'm a multi sport type of person. Yes, Tobias Meyers, I'm.
Speaker 3: I'm just messing with you. I'm just messing with you.
Speaker 2: I thank you for me all the freaking time.
Speaker 3: Now, I don't know that the ceiling is terribly high with Tobias Myers or Molly, I think, especially if from a keeper standpoint in a deeper league, I think I'm going with a J. Smith Shaver. We've seen some instances where he kind of looks like he could put it together at some point. It hasn't happened yet for him. You know, his couple starts this year so far haven't been that great. But I think think from a long term context, I trust him more than the other guys, especially Molly Molly. I just don't really trust the health and Myers. Myers could be a decent back end guy, but if you're shooting for upside, I think smith Shover is probably the way to go.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Molly's not in this unless I'm just like I'm trying to play for like some wins and it's arrangers and stuff. If that's the only context, which almost is like, I don't even care if it's a keeper because I'm not going to keep him. Smith Shover's the youngest, highest potential. But I will tell you there's a little part of me that feels like maybe it's Tobias Myers and not Tobias Harris. Obviously he hasn't pitched so far this year, but it's just a good year. Last year I expected Era was in the fours. I don't know, man, I guess that would go Smith Schover. He just hasn't been great. His walks are through the roof right now. The k percentage isn't up, Like we're not seeing a ton of progression at this moment. So maybe you kind of almost break it down where it's like, well, hey, guess what Molly might be the best wins play, might be the best overall play, and Smith Shaver is the best long term play. So maybe you can adjust accordingly Fred to your team context and that's how you could play it. But Molly's kind of on the back end there for me, and there you go. That is the show for myself and mister Joe Rico. Thank you guys for coming out and hanging with us. You can do that every single week twelve pm Eastern. Now that's Leading Off two pm Eastern. You can listen to Leading Off twelve pm Eastern on Twitch dot tv slash Fantasy Pros. But here come over on the Fantasy Pros Discord. Fantasypros dot Com. Slash Chat will take you to the Discord you can sign up for free access to some of the cool stuff and if you want to upgrade the premium you can, but you don't need to do that to come into this show. You can chat with Joe Rico and myself with all those questions and then reminder four pm Eastern on the YouTube. You can ask loads and loads of questions. Joe, Pizapia and myself will be there. Thank you to all the people on the podcast. Make sure you're subscribe on the podcast side. For Joe Rico, I'm Chris Welsh. Friends will talk to you time right here on Fantasy Pros.
Speaker 5: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify, follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB