Speaker 1: You are listening to The Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio Final Hour.
Speaker 2: In this Thursday, Dan and the Dan Nets Dan Patrick Show. More of your phone calls coming up. NBA Draft Knight tonight. One trade fell through, but then the Wizards, Celtics, Memphis Grizzlies brought it back to life. And Chris TOMPs Porzingis is in Boston right now, and Maucus Smartt is in Memphis. Ty Jones is in Washington. If you're keeping score and a couple of draft picks are in there, imagine you give up Porzingis and Bradley Beal and I don't know if you got one first round draft pick out of all of that. If you're trying to do what Oklahoma City has done, you haven't done a very good job. Eight seven to seven three DP Show Email ender, Sdpadanpatrick dot Com Twitter handle. A DP Show stat of the Day has always brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of The Dan Patrick Show. It's little things sometimes that we look back upon. You have big ticket items. Obviously you had, you know, Scoot Henderson, Brandon Miller and of course Victor won byamba that we focused on those players certainly Victor one BYAMA. I don't know if you were aware of what the Denver Nuggets did yesterday.
Speaker 1: Probably not.
Speaker 2: They acquired picks twenty nine and thirty two via the Indiana Pacers, so that gives them three picks inside the top thirty five of this year's draft. Now, the draft isn't as deep in NBA as it is in other sports, but these are rounds one and two, that's all it is. Second round picks cost very little against the league's salary cap, and the Nuggets can keep their core intact and maybe they strike paydirt. Keep in mind, Christian Brown was twenty first overall pick last season, and he logs some valuable minutes, even scored fifteen in Game three of the finals. You know, the hit rate on late first round picks or second round picks not promising. But last night that deal maybe a minor move that keeps Denver in contention for years to come. It's small things. We tend to focus on the shiny things when you're drafting in the NFL. Oh, did we get a quarterback or did we get a wide receiver? Did we get an edge rusher? Meanwhile, you get a run stopper. Nobody cares about that, and you got a center who's going to play for the next ten years. But we're not excited about that. And that's how you win. As great as Patrick Mahomes has been, what happened when he didn't have an offensive line. He got crushed by Tampa Bay and the Super Bowl. But you get these players and then all of a sudden you kind of put him in and then you don't even think about that anymore. Tampa didn't have a good offensive line. When Tom Brady got to town, they made the offensive line better.
Speaker 1: They ended up winning a super Bowl.
Speaker 2: You gotta have Joe Burrow didn't have a good offensive line, got a good offensive line, they go to the Super Bowl. You have to have those players, and it's not nobody loves to.
Speaker 1: Talk about it.
Speaker 2: It's like when you go to the NFL Draft and your team takes an offensive lineman and the ESPN camera is on you and you're going crazy. Well you're only going crazy because the camera is on you, not because of the offensive lineman you took out of NC State. But these are the pieces that help you become a champion. You got to have a great player or two great players, great quarterback. Yes, you have to have those, but you have to have these pieces that fit that make everything else work.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Pulling Chiefs are the best example. Tyreek Hill was a fifth round draft choice.
Speaker 4: Go back?
Speaker 5: Was it? Isaiah Pacheco the running back?
Speaker 1: Seventh round?
Speaker 3: Seventh round. That's basically a free agent. They're paying him nothing to do and he's got a guaranteed contract.
Speaker 5: They don't have to pay him.
Speaker 1: Travis Kelce I think third round. I think so?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, third round.
Speaker 1: He was out a Cincinnati Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he was a fifth tight end taken.
Speaker 2: You have to have these pieces that help make the better players even better. And yes, you have to have depth. Now for everybody who says you don't need depth in the NBA, well you do if you have a roster like the Sons do of guys who get injured, because it's going to happen. It's not a question of if, but when these players get hurt Bradley Beal or Kevin Durant, Devin Booker last year, you have to have those players that you can put in and you can somehow ride out the storm. It doesn't mean, you know, you have to have those pieces to win a championship.
Speaker 1: But it's a long season.
Speaker 2: And look at Denver's roster, and if you can add a couple of guys who are not going to cost you much, you still keep your stars in place, and now you get even more depth there and you take some time away from those players during the regular season.
Speaker 1: We talk about load management.
Speaker 2: If you have good enough players, then you don't have to play your stars.
Speaker 1: Thirty eight minutes thirty nine minutes a night.
Speaker 2: And that's that became really important for the Lakers because they were top heavy. Now if I get guys who can play, maybe Lebron can rest a little bit more, and the minutes had up, so you can have load management while you're still playing.
Speaker 1: And I think that's really important.
Speaker 2: I think Denver quietly went about strengthening their roster last time. All Right, So NBA Draft coming up tonight. Poll question for the final hour is going to be what.
Speaker 6: Seed o' connor dan We've had two of them up there so far. Okay, we had you ad buy stock in Bryce Young, Caleb Williams, Victor Wibaniana when Banyama man, I really it's gonna take me a long time to get those were syllables out right now, sixty percent would buy stock and Victor followed by Caleb Williams, Bryce Young not getting much love in that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, wonder why.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think he's it was the right draft pick for them. I just don't know how much of an upside is going to be there for somebody who may he doesn't do one thing great. I think he's, you know, very smart quarterback, and he seems like a natural born leader for them. But man, I go back to is he a right handed tua just size wise and of course both playing at Alabama. But I'm just that would be my concern there. You know, you can learn how to fall as a tua is, but the defensive player decides how you fall. If I do jiu jitsu, then maybe I can decide.
Speaker 6: It's an interesting concept though, that he's taking the right that he dove into jiu jitsu to figure out how to.
Speaker 2: Use that force. Yeah, but it's not like it's just him falling. Somebody is going to make him fall, right.
Speaker 6: But that's the whole point of jiu jitsu, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But if somebody is six five, two hundred and eighty pounds and they're slinging me around, then it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: I just go with it like I can't go Okay, I'm I'm I'm falling jiu jitsu?
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, By the way, did you see where Mark Zuckerberg has challenged Elon Musk to a cage match.
Speaker 5: You mean like mma ish.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's MMA or jiu jitsu, but I love that first one to get their hair pulled off is going to be awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he went, Oh, yeah, send me the location. I'll be there.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, Mark Zuckerberg calling out Elon Musk via Twitter.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, I can't tell who called out whom, but Zuckerberg says, it's go time, send me the location.
Speaker 1: I think you must called out Mark Zuckerberg.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I got some information, some background in case we had the story. Zuckerberg's been lifting for the past about four years. He's on the Jeff Bezos plane where I got nothing left to do, might as well lift.
Speaker 1: Well, he doesn't look like Jeff Bezos.
Speaker 3: No, but I'll tell you Zuckerberg is getting there. The haircut's not good, the guns are.
Speaker 2: Good, okay, Bezos Elon and Mark Zuckerberg. Musk is Dowey in in the cage?
Speaker 1: Who comes out.
Speaker 6: I don't think Elon Musk is beating anybody yet. I don't think so even close.
Speaker 3: I don't think so to recharge his batteries between rounds, get it us charged, Tessa.
Speaker 1: Is it gonna have a long extension cord attached to him?
Speaker 3: I think Zuckerberg's got nerd energy though, like like people will.
Speaker 4: Give a pictures.
Speaker 1: Bezos was the nerd guy.
Speaker 7: He was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's one of those where the guy all of a sudden wakes up and he's like, damn, I'm really rich. I can do whatever I want in the world. Then he started, uh, you know, pumping iron. Next thing, you know, got a beautiful woman on his side.
Speaker 5: Hail the tape.
Speaker 3: Elon Musk fifty one, Mark Zuckerberg thirty nine. I don't have reach or hands on.
Speaker 1: Well, no, what about Bezos?
Speaker 3: Bezos he's older but definitely the bigger of this thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Bezos kind of jacked there. See.
Speaker 6: If I had that kind of money, I would be like US government turned me into Jason Borton, like all right, we wants to fight.
Speaker 1: You'd have a like a chip and planted in you.
Speaker 6: I don't know if I'd have a chippen planted in me. But make sure that I have all those skills without any of the crazy m That's what I would do.
Speaker 1: Okay, are there odds on this fight?
Speaker 3: Well, in a couple of sites have Zuckerberg minus five hundred plus three hundred. That's that eighty three percent chance that Zuckerberg wins the fight.
Speaker 6: Jeff Bezos, by the way, five to seven.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you know, wrestlers, it's not how tall you are round a pound, yeah, yeah, I want to look at your ears. If your ears are all disfigured, then I would never mess with you.
Speaker 1: Go into a bar.
Speaker 2: You see somebody with disfigured ears, don't mess with him.
Speaker 6: I once said that to my son. I was on trained once in the subway, and I was like, buddy, see that dude's ears. Yeah, don't ever mess with a dude like that. His ears all I get cauliflowers are all Kylie flowers out. I was just like, that means that dude could fight. Don't fight uts like that.
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, you said Bezos is five to seven. Yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 8: I'm not trying anybody short. You know those shore guys leverage, They've always been tried somebody's always tried them their entire lives.
Speaker 7: I don't know if anybody tried Jeff Bezos five seven, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know, but he wasn't jacked, and I don't think anybody knew anything about him.
Speaker 8: I'm just talking about like growing up like short people. Look at any short NBA player, NFL player. Yeah, try them, See what happened. Act up, See what happens.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 6: See, we're getting a stay in our lane.
Speaker 7: Oh my god.
Speaker 6: From the hand to hand combat community. You guys are describing judo, not jiu jitsu. Okay, whatever the good.
Speaker 5: Thing is, we don't care either.
Speaker 1: Mark equally did Mark Zuckerberg.
Speaker 2: He's he's the proficient in jiu jitsu or in judo, and then is to a tongue of byloa able to fall because he's taking jiu jitsu. I can't keep it trying.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 6: But if he's supposed to be taking judo, he's in big trouble.
Speaker 3: Yes, I think zucker is proficient holding and he jiu jitsu is on the side.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: There, I don't have Jeff Bezos. I don't have a lot of sports in his background looking back to his childhood.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think these are the nerds that all of a sudden woke up and they got all the money, and then all of a sudden, it's like, wait, I gonna have that woman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure, he loves you for you, He loves you for you. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I hired Steven Sagall himself to teach her.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, Steven Sigal half past day, Yeah, always three words three words in the title. Yes, I'll for justice, Yes, Stephen Sigal Always. And then Liam Neeson picked up on that and a couple of his movies got to have just three three words in there.
Speaker 1: Don't confuse people.
Speaker 6: And we're getting to stay in our lane from the John Clovan.
Speaker 2: Dam No, am I still in stay in my lane with Southern rock people?
Speaker 1: We past that? No?
Speaker 6: No, no, no, We're not past that at all. So let me see what was the one I just saw? Somebody tell Dan that green Grass and High Tides was sang by the Outlaws?
Speaker 1: Outlaws?
Speaker 6: Did Marshall Tucker cover that?
Speaker 1: Marshall Tucker Band.
Speaker 6: Poly G's not?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, hey, em emy.
Speaker 6: Marshall Tucker Ban was basically formed at seventy two Molly Hatchett in seventies, so Hatch it in the prime in the eighties or confusing time periods.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all I know is Molly Hatchett when they first broke I think it was flirting with disaster, and I'm gonna guess that was in the late seventies perhaps.
Speaker 6: You know, it's supposed to be a great trip. Yeah, if you fly into Memphis and then just take I think like just within an hour or two outside of there is like muscle Shoals, like all of that stuff. You can basically go to the birthplace of so much music. Just a short ride right outside of Memphis. That's supposed to be pretty incredibly take a week or so doing that.
Speaker 2: All right, Thanks for keeping me honest on the outlaw s green Grass on High Times.
Speaker 5: But March Tucker, can't you see what the mama?
Speaker 3: Yes, we first ten steven Sagall movies, just to recap Above the Law, Hard to Kill, Mark for Death, Alfred Justice on Deadly Ground, under Siege, executive Decision, fire down Below, Exit Wounds, half past Dad, Out for a Kill, which is not the same Hard to Kill, Ardko the whole different movie, Belly of the Beast, Out of Reach, Into the Sun, Today You Die, Mercenary for Justice, flare Fury.
Speaker 2: Make sure you vote for Marvin's playlist the Cookout playlist if you would like to vote for yacht rock or Southern rock or kid rock, soft rock, punk rock, punk rock?
Speaker 8: Yes, Mark, besides Christopher besides Christopher cross sailing?
Speaker 7: What else is in the yacht rock category?
Speaker 3: Yes, Kenny Loggins would be an alpha dog in the yacht rock community. Any Kenny Loggins, you know, Loggins and Messina. Sure that's first ballot.
Speaker 9: Mc Kenny Logins, All right, yes, pop hits, but yeah, but.
Speaker 1: That's not yacht rock.
Speaker 6: I put Steely Dan in there.
Speaker 1: Steely Dan could go yacht rock.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, absolutely, Stay in your vessel. That's what they're saying.
Speaker 1: Is that what they're telling Stay in my vessel? All right? Fair enough there, fair enough.
Speaker 2: I might have made a mistake on Green Grass and High Times, but nobody can refute southern rock.
Speaker 1: Dwayne Almond and the Almond Brothers. Yes, you throw the Jobie brothers into yacht rock.
Speaker 4: Some hole and Oates gets mixed in.
Speaker 6: There a little bit, I think, so.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Michael McDonald, sure, yeah, I guess McDonald. I haven't been on a yacht and I don't know what they play.
Speaker 1: On yacht rock. Why do they call it yacht ro?
Speaker 2: Rupert Holmes? Rupert Holmes, wasn't he in escaping? Oh God, Okay, let's take a break. We'll take a break back after this and the Dan Patrick Show. Year five of the Dan Patrick School of Sportscasting Full Sale University got to see this program come to life, and it's as rewarding as anything I've ever done in my career because you're changing lives.
Speaker 1: We're getting students.
Speaker 2: Who graduate, they go through the program, hands on practical experience. When they graduate, they're ready for a job. We got grads working all over the country in television, in front of the camera, behind the camera, La Philadelphia, smaller markets as well. But we're there to help you get that first job, and then we're always going to be there for you. That's my guarantee. At Full Sale University, earn your bachelor's degree in about half the time, as short as twenty months, and you could earn it online or Full Sales Beautiful Campus in Orlando, Florida. To learn more about the Dan Patrick School to Sportscasting, go to Fullsale dot edu slash Dan Patrick. You're going to get hands on experience put you on camera, behind a camera, directing, producing, reporting, full sale, dot edu slash, Dan Patrick, we hope to hear from you. Thanks for listening to The Dan Patrick Show podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday morning nine until noon eastern sixty nine Pacific on Fox Sports Radio, and you can find us on the iHeartRadio app at FSR or stream us live on the Peacock app. Sure Wheelhouse There, Todd love it, yacht rock the best. Got this email from Grandview Heights, Ohio. Dan Mollyhatchett formed in Jacksonville nineteen seventy one. The Almond Brothers released their first album in nineteen sixty nine, Leonards Skinnered nineteen seventy three. Molly Hatchett never as popular as the other Southern rock bands, but they were most definitely one of the early pioneers.
Speaker 1: Okay, but the.
Speaker 2: Pioneer, the founding fathers, the Almond Brothers. There's no argument. Why did you give me a yacht rock here?
Speaker 10: Todd just got some good songs, some musicians in case we left anybody out, in case yacht rocks.
Speaker 2: Win, all right, So Christopher Cross, that's a one seed Toto Hall of Oates, Steely Dan Pablo Cruise, who's that Pablo Cruz level will find a way. You've heard of him, you've heard the song. They probably haven't heard much more than that, but Steely Dan Doobie Brothers.
Speaker 7: Sure, all right, baby, come back with strong by Claire m hm.
Speaker 4: You can blame it all on me.
Speaker 1: Thank you to so so yacht Rock. Okay, it's gonna be tomorrow, Yeah, big.
Speaker 6: Day, get ready. Oh wait, no, actually tomorrow is gonna be Southern rock. So unless yacht Rock makes a final eleventh hour.
Speaker 2: Uh Ambrosia. Here's some honorable honorable mentions. Boz Skags, the Lido shuffle, Uh Eddie money to tickets to paradise. Someone else is in here, Billy Ocean Uh Caribbean queen.
Speaker 1: Yeah Tom, that's your.
Speaker 4: Look by men painted on jeans. She said I was a cat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here we go.
Speaker 2: Uh ten years ago today, Marvin got married and ten years later you're still married.
Speaker 7: Hey, let's do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah still married? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Our big dinner tonight.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, some trivia just you and your wife.
Speaker 6: You guys are gonna quiz each other about important events in your life.
Speaker 7: No, no, no, no, no, no, hell no. It's gonna be like nineties trivia one's some bar.
Speaker 3: Hey, did you know how you know you've been married for ten years and you go to trivia night on your anniversary.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean there's nothing else like a fancy dinner.
Speaker 1: Eh yeah, maybe get some wings.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that sounds like a lot more fund.
Speaker 2: They say good things come to those who wait. The Mercedes Benz SUV family proves other wise. Takes no time at all to set up a test drive your local Mercedes Spen Steeler learn more MBUSA dot com. Ben in Michigan, Hey Ben, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 11: Hey Dannie, thanks for learning me Back on the show, guys, I got to say I've been looking since the ESPN radio days, so twenty plus the news and your philosophy of the treat every day like the Super Bowl, hey Bob, Because while the line has a changed over the years, there's seriously there's no better show than right now with the crew that you have, with the people on Marvin. I love you, Glad you got a promo. I'm welcome, all right, Thank you.
Speaker 12: Pat.
Speaker 11: A recommendation for southern rock maybe a little bit more obscure, not quite as front and center as some of the bands have been mentioned and sorry, Marvin, no dig at you, buddy, but he said a little hands. I strongly recommend Little Feet.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah yeah, Fat Man in the bath with the Blues. Uh how was that? Lowell George? Does that sound right? Lead singer Little Feet?
Speaker 2: They had they had a great sound to them. And then there's another band, the Radiators, who sounded a little bit like Little Feet.
Speaker 5: Yes, Bull George lead singer the.
Speaker 2: Past away Little Feet, Yes yeah, Fat Man in the Bathtub from Los Angeles with the Blues. Mike in California, Hi, Mike, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 12: Hey?
Speaker 13: Dan? Hey Mike, Hey Dan, Hey Mike five five eight and ever softening one eighty five, And I want to agree with you on the Almond Brothers. Okay, they are they are the southern rock band. I saw Molly Hatchett in the Outlaws when I was in high school. It was like one long song, unwatchable, Okay. And for a future playlist like the fourth of July thing maybe uh ray Charles America beautiful. And then if you could get a recording of Marvin Gaye doing the national anthem at the nineteen eighty three NBA All Start.
Speaker 2: Game, Yeah, I'm all for that was that in Philadelphia with Marvin Gay.
Speaker 5: I thought it was Los Angeles, I got you.
Speaker 2: Okay, maybe it was Yeah, Ellie or Philly, Carl and Alabama.
Speaker 1: Hi Carl, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 14: Hey guys, thanks taking my call. I got two things. I got a what I think is a great nickname or kind of a nickname for Victor Wemban Yama. I'm a long times first fan, and I hope that his addition turns out to be portuitous. And I think Victor all I do is whim Bean Yama.
Speaker 1: All right, Thank you, Carl.
Speaker 2: By the way, I said that Victor one Bayama will have at least one game where he has ten block shots in that game. Rookies with at least ten block shots in game since nineteen eighty two, Minute Bold did it five times, David Robinson three times, Mark Eaton two times, Josh Smith to Kembe Mtumbo, and Ralph Sampson.
Speaker 7: The day.
Speaker 2: It's the band Twittle stat of the Day, brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show. Yeah, he's gonna have He's gonna have a couple of games where he has at least ten block shots Vinnie and San Antonio.
Speaker 1: Hi, Vinnie, Hey.
Speaker 12: Dan, thanks for taking my call. Six foot two and twenty three pounds. I like to throw out a nickname for Victor, seeing as how a lot of the greats just go with their first and last initial, you know, kind of like the VP or the kd TV.
Speaker 15: I'd like to recommend VW. But let's put a little twist on it. Since this is going to become the town of Dubs again, let's just go straight up v DUB and I would hope that his agent is listening or maybe he could put me in touch. Oh, I would like to put a spin on this and line him up with Volkswagen. Maybe he can do what lebron did for Kia.
Speaker 2: Well, I think Blake Griffin did a lot for Kia when he jumped over the car.
Speaker 1: What was it, Shack and Tiger.
Speaker 2: They drove Buicks, and I went, okay, they might drive Buicks when they're paid to drive Buicks.
Speaker 1: He's like, okay, how.
Speaker 2: About we go cross country, Tiger, what are you driving? Well, I'm going to drive my Buick. Okay, I'm gonna drive my Mercedes. I think I'll have a little more comfort than you do.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: I love the viewer commercial for Shacks getting in the car and it's like no problem whatsoever. I would love to see the making of that commercial getting Shack in the car. Yeah, you know, like getting him out of the car.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it might be harder jaws of life to get him out of the car. Eric in Illinois, Hi, Eric, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 11: Damn?
Speaker 16: Thanks for taking my call? Five seven once one sixty will say, wingspan five. So I got I got a victor nickname. Just real quick on GOP. The analysis behind this joker. I think that's a natural progression from from just the phonics and the spelling. Then we have the gianness, which is the Greek freak laugh name is not really uh relatable or rimable when by I'm a similar situation. Also a foreign person. He is from France, so he's French. So my suggestion would be the French.
Speaker 1: Mens french men. Okay, fritzy, that's that's Yiddish.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'd be like a good person, a kind person, doing nice things bothers.
Speaker 1: You're a mensch french mench okay.
Speaker 5: Not the most intimidating, No, I don't think I'm that worried.
Speaker 2: About going in the lane. You're not going in there against the French mench yes, you'd.
Speaker 6: Get the door for you.
Speaker 4: Thanks you.
Speaker 6: Ride of the airport blocked your shop, but hey, good effort. Yeah, it's just because I'm so tall and he don't take offense to me.
Speaker 5: What a nice guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, French bench, Yeah blocked my shot. But really he said he was sorry.
Speaker 6: They like made me feel good about myself at the same time, just like he is just such a nice guy.
Speaker 2: Bob and Daton, Hey Bob, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 17: Hey Dane, Hey Dan, I'm old enough. I'm old enough to remember you playing green Grass and High Tides when you were at w w D.
Speaker 1: That is true, Yeah, but.
Speaker 17: I wanted I wanted to say, uh, you're correct on Molly Hatchett. And my reasoning is that Charlie Daniels doesn't mention them in his song the South's Gonna Do It Again. He mentions about everybody else, but he doesn't mention Molly Hatchett.
Speaker 1: So all right, well, thank you, Bob.
Speaker 2: WVUD was the campus radio station at the University of Dayton. I did ten to one every night. Oh yeah, and I had an eight am class. The next morning. It didn't work out well, did not work out well, almost didn't graduate. You got to go to those classes, just to let you know. And I got a D plus by professor Larry Lane could have easily given me a F.
Speaker 1: Lawrence came through, Yes he did.
Speaker 5: That gets you a piece of paper though, right, yes it did.
Speaker 1: C's get degrees, d's get degrees.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yes, Ton, Did you say you were allowed to have visitors during that shift? Like you know the girls here, that sexy voice, they know where the station is and they're just waiting outside.
Speaker 1: Maybe can well, no, this was the campus radio station.
Speaker 2: This is different than when I worked at WTUE Dayton's Best rock and roll. That's when I worked weekends overnight, and you weren't supposed to have anybody in the studio.
Speaker 5: And you follow that policy by choice or not by choice.
Speaker 2: It's like, man, I think I'm killing it here. Here's skinnered w t uey.
Speaker 4: See anybody in the parking lot showing up to no.
Speaker 2: No. But then there was the one time that a girl showed up and I looked out the window and she looked in the window, and then we decided it was best that she wasn't good looking, and neither was. I. Yeah, that's why, you know, with radio and the magic of radio, you're like, man, I guy's got a voice or she's got a wonderful voice.
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, Mark. Have you ever been approached to do music radio again, like in the music format?
Speaker 2: No, no, I'd love to do it, maybe for a shift where you do like classic vinyl.
Speaker 7: Deep voice Danny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you just let.
Speaker 2: People know what kind of music you'd probably play. I like Alan Hunter. I listened to Alan Hunter. I think he does classic rewind. He was used to be on MTV. He like one of the origin Yeah yeah, yeah, but I like him. He just he's very conversational, does a very good job.
Speaker 7: Deep boys Danny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah. I definitely have a better voice.
Speaker 7: Like here's fifty with candy Shop.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, it wouldn't be done.
Speaker 7: What do you mean?
Speaker 1: Well, now I'm doing classic vinyl.
Speaker 7: There's get Richard Dye trying on vinyl.
Speaker 1: I know, but this is my wheelhouse. It's classic vinyl.
Speaker 7: Get Richard Dye Trying is a classic, but.
Speaker 1: He's not classic the vihinyl.
Speaker 10: Yes, Ton, who's the one that talks like this like you just smoke too many cigarettes?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: They're still on the eighties channel.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think we lost uh JJJ taxon.
Speaker 1: Yes, a few years ago.
Speaker 5: Martha Quinn is still doing it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know black Martha Quinn, the one who talks like this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Mark Goodman when we come back, a little Toto for yeah, excuse me.
Speaker 6: It's great song, moving up Simpson.
Speaker 4: She has a very much Simpsons cut Us sound to it.
Speaker 1: She might have a condition to don't let that a good and.
Speaker 4: Then I feel bad.
Speaker 1: Hey, kiss on my lunch.
Speaker 6: This is great love that song.
Speaker 1: Oh hoie okay, m.
Speaker 4: They're watching you of those private oys back after this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, anything else that needs to be mentioned? Oh, by the way, DraftKings. Nobody asked for this except for me. Odds to be the lowest scoring NFL team this season. Okay, that's what you do on radio when you let people know you have a piece of paper.
Speaker 1: Got it right here? Theater of the mind.
Speaker 2: Yes, they're going, oh my gosh, that sounds like somebody who is waving a piece of paper.
Speaker 6: Yes, this information.
Speaker 2: I can picture that in my mind. You can also watch on Peacock. You don't have to do that.
Speaker 5: Yes, I'm gonna go with the are we guessing yeah, yeah, sure, go ahead. I'm got to go with the Houston Texans.
Speaker 2: Houston Texans, you would be wrong. They are third on the list. Tied for third on the list, Todd lowest scoring team in the NFL this season, the odds according to DraftKings.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go with the Titans.
Speaker 2: The Titans, no, Todd, not even in the top five. Really, yeah, Seaton counter.
Speaker 6: Arizona Cardinals, that makes sense.
Speaker 7: H R.
Speaker 2: Second on the list, Marvin Carolina Panthers. Nope, not in the top five.
Speaker 6: Jacksonville Jaguars, No, they have they have a new quarterback this year.
Speaker 2: The Colts, No, they're they're tied for third. Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Speaker 1: Oh damn should have gotten that one.
Speaker 2: Okay, So Arizona and then Tampa Bay. Three teams are tied for third lowest scoring teams in the NFL this season, and one of the teams might win their division.
Speaker 1: New quarterback.
Speaker 7: Marv the Falcons.
Speaker 2: The Falcons, as McLevin always said, Fritzy.
Speaker 4: And I was going to guess the Commanders.
Speaker 2: But the Commanders they're they're after this, they're fourth place, new quarterback, they could win their division. The Saints, good guess. Seaton is just it's just no Green Bay Packers mm hmm, tied, there's a Cardinals Tampa Bay. Then that's Texans, Colts and Packers tied, and then the Commanders.
Speaker 3: I mean, what if he's good, here's one for you. Who was the lowest scoring team in football last season? Score the fewest amount of points for the total season.
Speaker 1: Yes, Tod, I gotta think Denver is very up there, up.
Speaker 5: There so much that they won.
Speaker 2: Seven point Yeah, you did it, You did it, Todd, that's right.
Speaker 1: Congratulations they won one in the road end the season.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's something to build on.
Speaker 1: But Russ is in shape, he's lean.
Speaker 4: And mean, pain's gonna fix him.
Speaker 1: Let's ride.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't have put out that workout video unless he was paid to put out that workout video.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so, Yes, Tom.
Speaker 4: They could win ten games in a row, they still shouldn't put out that workout video. There's just no need for that at all. If the egg that they laid last year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he's getting paid to put that out. Isn't there some kind of performance drink like that? That's what that is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that went very well with Subway.
Speaker 2: Well, Subway was terrible and the first time I saw that. I came in the next day and I go, I think I saw something I'm not supposed to see, Like they somehow put a commercial in that's not a commercial, and it was like outtakes. I truly thought that they had Russell Wilson eating a sandwich and it was an outtake of an actual commercial. And then I realized somebody actually thought, yeah, this would be really cool. Russ miked up eating a sandwich with his mouth open.
Speaker 4: When did he host Sunday Night Live? Is that some kind of skid? I didn't realize he was host success or?
Speaker 1: No, yeah, pulling.
Speaker 5: Here's a weird thing NFC North.
Speaker 3: The last year the Detroit Lions were nine to eight, they outscored their opponents on the season by twenty six points. The Vikings were thirteen and four and they were outscored on the season by three points.
Speaker 5: Yeah, very weird.
Speaker 1: You're big on point differential.
Speaker 5: I think point differential is how you tell how good a team is.
Speaker 1: What about run differential in baseball?
Speaker 9: Yeah, like the Padres are in fourth, they score a lot of runs, give up like the Reds, but that's still run differential.
Speaker 1: The Reds don't score a lot right.
Speaker 3: The Reds are forty and thirty five of them and outscored by fourteen runs this year. So how much do you believe in the streak?
Speaker 7: Is cool?
Speaker 1: Weren't we promised a home run or two yesterday? This time?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Joey Vano, he did get hit by pitch twice?
Speaker 2: Okay, the odds of getting hit by a pitch or the odds of hitting two home runs in a game? What are what are the longer odds that you could get hit twice in a game or you could hit two on runs? Let's take a break unless you have the odds pointing?
Speaker 1: No? Okay? Can we get the odds? Okay? Maybe not?
Speaker 2: Okay, I can make them up though. Okay, oh problem, how about we take a break? Last call for phone calls? What we learn once in store tomorrow right after this. Thanks for listening to The Dan Patrick Show podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday morning nine until noon eastern six to nine Pacific on Fox Sports Radio, and you can find us on the iHeartRadio app at FSR or stream us live on the Peacock app.
Speaker 1: This is Steve Covino.
Speaker 18: And Rich Davis, and together we are coveno en Rich, Caveno and Ridge.
Speaker 1: Thanks buddy, that's right.
Speaker 18: Cavino on Rich, Fox Sports Radio's newest hit show, heard weekdays from five to seven Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app. Every Coveno in Rich show is available as a podcast. Just search Covino and Rich wherever you get your podcasts and subscribe of such a rocking dude. The show features our unique take on sports inject do with some fun, humor and relatability. Listen to Covino on It at five days a week on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 14: Give me the hell.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Ten years ago, we were in Milwaukee for the sausage races. Mclovin ended up winning, Fritzie came in last, and then of course the drama ensued where Fritzie couldn't get out of his sausage casing. Ten years ago today, when Marvin was getting married, we were doing the sausage race in Milwaukee.
Speaker 1: Who had a better day?
Speaker 5: Oh Marvin can't answer that, he can Jesus, Yeah, Mark.
Speaker 7: Mine was at least better than Fritzie's.
Speaker 2: Yeahlide, Yeah, yeah, I mean we did have a great day. I mean, I don't know how good your wedding was, but we had a great day in Milwonkee.
Speaker 6: Didn't Todd also throw out the first pitch at that game? Yes he did, and he was wearing a cut off sleeveless shirt and a hat.
Speaker 10: And yes, yeah, looking back on some of that video, I probably would have chosen a different top.
Speaker 2: Yes, I don't guys wear tops.
Speaker 10: Well, the sleeveless shirts. I should have gone with a dark color. Two sides is bigger than well.
Speaker 2: They had asked me to throw out the first pitch, and I thought that's not good content.
Speaker 1: Fritzy.
Speaker 4: Uh, I thought I was so lucky that day.
Speaker 2: No, didn't we do this? Didn't we all put our names and a half Pauli? Paulie goes, hey, how about we just put all of her names in a half, and we we decided that we wrote Fritzy's name on all of them.
Speaker 1: And then I go, all right, uh, and.
Speaker 2: The person who's gonna throw out the first, Fritzy, You're gonna throw the first this day.
Speaker 4: I don't know if that's Jester or just absolutely mean content.
Speaker 2: I think Paulie was rooting for something bad to happen.
Speaker 3: Oh, well, I knew something bad was gonna but I as thought Fritzy would appreciate throwing out the first pitch of most.
Speaker 4: I loved it, but just what I was wearing alone was a disaster. How the pitch was going to go?
Speaker 6: It was hot.
Speaker 2: Oh do you have the odds of getting hit by a pitch twice in a game or hitting.
Speaker 1: A home two home runs in a game?
Speaker 3: Our buddy two be sent this in which which do you think is more likely getting hit by a pitch twice or parking two home runs?
Speaker 2: I would say the odds would be better to hit two home runs.
Speaker 1: You'd be right, it's is it a big margin?
Speaker 5: Yeah, five to one.
Speaker 3: You're five times more likely to hit two home runs in the game they get hit by two pitches.
Speaker 2: Right, So Joey Vado did something pretty special yesterday getting hit by a pitch twice.
Speaker 5: Taking it for the team, and they were both strikes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he leaned into the pitch. Should have been a strike. Joe in California, Hi Joe, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 19: Good morning, Dan five. I just wanted to come to your offense as a former Ohioan myself, the greatest southern rock band of all time is the band from Canada? So how do your protegers handle that answer?
Speaker 1: The band?
Speaker 19: Yeah, the band from Canada. Are you a southern rock band out there?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 2: Well I would still say the Almond Brothers. I think they created the genre Southern Canada.
Speaker 6: The band, Yeah, Southern Canada.
Speaker 2: I mean Bob Dylan created the band, didn't he It was Bob Dylan and the band. Great band didn't know they were from Southern Canada. Robbie Robertson, Yeah, Robi Robinson, uh Levon, Hilm see you in there is too.
Speaker 5: Their biggest hit ever, of course, is Up on Cripple Creek.
Speaker 1: And who wrote Up on Cripple Creek? The band they did?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the weight feels like that's bigger than Up on Cripple Creek.
Speaker 5: Just on the billboard.
Speaker 1: She said to me, if I sprang a leak, she'd meant me.
Speaker 2: Uh Howie in Florida, Hi, Howie, what's on your mind? By the way, Marvin's Cocout playlist. You can still vote on that and we'll have that for you tomorrow.
Speaker 20: Hey, Howie day, I got a couple of things for you. Did anyone mention, uh Marshall Tucker Band from the great city of Spartanburg, South Carolina, Oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah, yep, and had a nickname for one day. How about I can't even.
Speaker 6: Dude, I'm with you, man.
Speaker 20: The Greek freak was much easier than regular, so I was gonna go with the wambam man.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you, Hi. Yeah, yes.
Speaker 3: I know a guy who's a linguist at a college, and he said, there's certain names that we as Americans have trouble pronouncing because we didn't grow up pronouncing names with those general combinations letters like Ambo for Gianni's last name.
Speaker 5: We didn't grow up with.
Speaker 3: Any names like that, and we have to almost train our mouls to learn a new group of letters.
Speaker 1: What you train your eyes and then.
Speaker 2: You've trained your correct your voice there because you look at it and you go that doesn't look right. There have been twenty seven games this season whereas a player has been hit by a pitch twice. This season, there have been one hundred and forty six games when the player has hit at least two home runs in the same game. Okay, this day sports history, Paulie Joe Lewis defeated Max Schmelling in two rounds nineteen thirty nine. Nineteen ninety Blank became the first rock artist to perform at Yankee Stadium. Nineteen ninety Blank became the first rock artist to perform at Yankee Stadium.
Speaker 5: Who wants it?
Speaker 2: I would say, Elton, John, You're so close, Billy Joel that's correct.
Speaker 3: I'm giving that to you because they performed together so often. Michelle Wee in two thousand and three won our first USGA event at.
Speaker 5: The age of thirteen. Wow twenty sixteen is a good one.
Speaker 3: The NHL, well, the League of Governors voted to expand to thirty one teams.
Speaker 5: Las Vegas got the new team Wow.
Speaker 2: On this date, nineteen eighty six, the hand of God, Diego Maradona one to zero lead over England. Argentina wins two to one and goes on to win the World Cup.
Speaker 1: And I think.
Speaker 2: That's oh, by the way. On this date nineteen ninety seven, PAULI, I'm surprised. I'm shocked that you did not bring this up. John Kittna throws for four hundred yards two touchdowns to lead the Barcelona Dragons to a win over the Rhine Fire in the World Bowl nineteen ninety seven.
Speaker 5: World Bowl Too Soon. You know how much I love by Ryan Fire.
Speaker 2: Let's go around the room what we learned on the program tod I'm going to start with you.
Speaker 10: Lighting a candle and making a prayer to church in Italy without donating money nullifies the prayer, especially on Easter Sunday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, I know, I felt bad. I still feel bad. That was like two months ago that that happened. Seaton O'Connor. J.
Speaker 6: Billis's ego justifiably way larger than JJ Reddick.
Speaker 1: Marvin J.
Speaker 7: Billis says JJ Reddick doesn't wear a belt.
Speaker 5: Paulie, you're from the deep south of Ohio.
Speaker 1: Yes, I am Fritzel. J.
Speaker 10: Billison sists all the hypes arounding Victor one Banyama's not made up. He's a campus player and best prospects since Lebron James.
Speaker 2: Discover credit cards do something awesome at the end of year. First year, the automatically double the cashback you've earned everything. Earn double cash back from trips and restaurants. See terms. Check it out for yourself. Discover dot Com slash Match, it's a Meet Friday and it's also Marvin's cook count playlist as well. Thanks for joining us, our pleasure to serve you. Our starting lineup. We have no bench. Fritzie Seaton, Marv, Paulie, yours truly have a great day, everybody,