Speaker 1: Welcome everybody.
Speaker 2: It is episode two of Conference Tournament Championship Preview, Part two. Here on the fade this podcast. We are in behind the scenes. See like we decided, you know, we're not just gonna do it in a cozy studio sponsored by DraftKings. We're gonna go out on the road. We're gonna see what's out there. We are behind the scenes at the SEC Tournament. That's right in Nashville, Tennessee. We are in the audio video distribution room, just me and Drew. It's Wednesday during the day. Drew, how are you?
Speaker 1: You know how I am? It's Wednesday of the SEC Tournament. I am awesome. I think this is the best Wednesday in all of sport. You can find a better fun on the calendar. Yeah. I can take time, all right, you can find it better. I will pay you some money. Put some money. It depends how I do this week. We'll go throughout the show. I don't know how much money I'll have come Sunday, but I don't think there's a better Wednesday sports. I love Wednesday in Nashville when the worst teams in the conference are playing crowds. A little more management, we'll get to have some fun, no pressure. It's a good time.
Speaker 2: So for those of you listening all across the world, Drew and I, well, first of all, I've been going to the SEC tournament in some form since nineteen eighty nine. I think I have been to every tournament except the one where you couldn't go. Wasn't there when we couldn't go during COVID?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was one where no crowds here, no crowds except for that one. So I'm not even counting that one because I wasn't even like allowed to go. I've been to every SEC tournament since nineteen to eighty nine, which I challenge anyone here to have been to more in a row. We're looking now at what is that thirty five years of SEC tournaments.
Speaker 1: It's pretty strong. That's a lot too many. It's not too many.
Speaker 2: That's a lot the thirty five years of SEC tournaments, and you know who knows, could still end up at thirty five more.
Speaker 1: Knock on wood. There's been tornadoes, there's been pandemics, there's been everything. Had a tornado hit when we were in the arena.
Speaker 2: We uh, I was just thinking, I think we got our first credential to come to one of these in two thousand and six. You started coming in two ten was my first one. Credentialed the John Wallen. That was a good one to h to do.
Speaker 1: I actually skipped the tip end game. Oh you did? You skipped the championship game? I did. I actually actually said I was credentialed that game. I had seats behind UK's bench with a friend, and you skipped it. We were having fun of bars and I didn't think it was well in that moment. Oh you got to You didn't think of They beat Tennessee by like forty at that same tournament. It's Mississippi State. I'm thinking, you know what, I'm having fun with friends. They're gonna get it done, and it ends up being one of the best games ever. I could see my empty seat on TV from the bar.
Speaker 2: That is crazy that you would skip one of the maybe one of the most exciting games that has ever happened here. Well, for people who don't know what Wednesday is like, the four worst teams play each other tonight. That includes Arkansas and Vandy. Vandy is a perpetual part of this, and then Georgia and Missouri. Over the years, Missouri has been a part of this quite a bit. Normally, somehow in the tournament you get a South Carolina Texas A and M matchup. They felt like they play each other all the time. This year it would have to be in the finals, so I don't expect to see that, but we're looking.
Speaker 1: Forward to it. Now.
Speaker 2: We are halfway through the tournament picks. There are thirty two conference tournaments. If you listened, last time we picked sixteen of them. Didn't do a great job of staying on task. I think that's fair, So I'm going to start by not staying on task on this one. On the way down here, I stopped in Bowling Green and went to Dick's Sporting Goods to buy socks.
Speaker 1: Like people do on their way to Nashville. Gotta get socks. Well, I don't know, and maybe somebody listening can tell me.
Speaker 2: You know, if for those of you who aren't regular KSR people, I have a text machine which is really just an app called seven to seven. Well it's not called this, it's called the text machine, but the number is seven seven two seven seven four five two five four, And maybe someone can give me some advice. I don't know how to keep socks whitey. You buy socks and then I wear them. I tend to wear socks two days, Okay.
Speaker 1: Is that bad?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I would go one day to help them keep them white.
Speaker 2: I tend to go two days, but then they get dirty and I can't get them clean, and so I don't know what to do. So I can wear socks that are slightly off color and clean, or just buying new socks, and then I have too many socks. Billy, do you have a problem keeping your socks clean?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: But I did work at that exact Dick Sporting Goods and Bowling Green first, I did as.
Speaker 1: The golf department.
Speaker 2: Wow, well that's good to see. So how do you all keep your socks? Specifically the bottoms and the heels. How do you keep them clean?
Speaker 1: Well? Shoes? I wear shoes? You shut up? You know how many shoes?
Speaker 2: I think it's because I walk around in my sock feet inside.
Speaker 1: Do you not do that? I have slippers. I love my slippers. Sometimes. The problem I'm kind of new to the slipper game. I'll admit I'm still getting figured out. I'm probably, but I admit I've been missing out. Like if I start walking around my house I'm like, whoa, I don't have a slippers on. Where are they?
Speaker 2: What is it about slippers? No clue, it's like it's too much feet. You're patty, You're probably right. I'm just just answering the question.
Speaker 1: So, Billy, do you walk around your house and your socks?
Speaker 3: I do, but I have black socks. I don't think I own any white socks.
Speaker 1: And they, hey, black socks, they leave all the black stuff on your feet. Yeah, they do. Your feet gets to get all like furry. I assume you're doing laundry. There are products you could put in help with the white. Right, that's an easy one to have, that little powder.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you a question because again for people again who don't listen regularly, I can't do anything.
Speaker 1: So I actually bought the ox. That's good stuff. If I put can I put that in things that have colors in them? Or will it you can? So? If I put make sure it's not like pure bleach, but the standard oxy clean you can so.
Speaker 2: Regular oxy clean. I could put it in a regular and it don't make my socks clean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now on your socks. I was gonna get to. You could use some actual bleach or something with some real whitening power, but you wouldn't want to use that with other stuff, and so you just put the colors.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so well, point being, all my socks are various grades of It.
Speaker 1: Could be more of a floor issue in the house than a sock issue. If you're walking around the floor, hit it with a mop. It was the last time the old mop going out for a little dance. I mop out for a little tango someone. I have someone who cleans my house once a month. I feel like they do a good job. So I mean, I I don't I don't know them, but I I think they do well. I'm more excited that you are. Like I'm hitting Nashville March Madness, Posty's starting, gotta have my game socks. I felt like he get socks.
Speaker 2: So all this is to say, I went in Billy's Dick Sporting Goods and you know, I'm getting socks.
Speaker 1: Guy.
Speaker 2: A guy comes up to me and ghost ready for the game this weekend and I was like, yeah, yeah, I'm my way to Nashville now, and he just looks at me and goes, You're getting some socks And I said, yeah, I thought, like some socks, and he goes, you know, I have socks in Lexington. Well, now I'm a little offitted.
Speaker 1: You've been being caught, you're called out.
Speaker 2: Well, he acts like a man can't get socks on the road, you know. And I said, well, I forgot to get new socks. He goes, well, just seems odd, and then he just walked off.
Speaker 1: He's getting min his own business.
Speaker 2: And I tell him, so, Billy, what is with you people at Dick Sporting Goods and Bowling Green and your sock judgment?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I was I was fitting the golf clubs. I stayed away from the feet.
Speaker 2: It feels like I'm trying to help the Warren County economy getting some socks I ended up buying. I almost walked out, but then I didn't nowhere else to go. So I bought some white and some black socks.
Speaker 1: And you know, do you realize how expensive socks? They're very expensive. I've had to do that recently. It's more six socks, six Nike socks twenty eight dollars. Oh, it's criminal, that's nuts. It isn't four dollars. It's two dollars a foot. It's a dollar a day for you at your yeah, and I have to go in for a few months. But it is telling me that you think this is gonna be along March for the KSR Carera. I mean, we've gone buying new clothes. This is gonna be a quick.
Speaker 2: Part of why I did it is I realized I only pack three pairs of socks, and then I forgot that I'm gonna be gone for another week.
Speaker 1: You're used to Kentucky basketball the last three years. You forgot we're back. You did a short pack. We're getting week a week.
Speaker 2: And a half of socks, and so I have week and a half of socks, and I'm ready for Conference tournament week. Everybody loves the first four days of the NCAA tournament, and I agree, but I think conference tournament week has a lot to be said, especially starting really today. There are games on from the moment you wake up to the moment you go to bed, throw in the gambling now on DraftKings, and it feels like it's it's nirvana, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Oh Yeah? And I mean obviously you get that in the first couple of rounds, but like Monday of this week, I think there was like an eleven thirty game I didn't know anything about either team. I didn't even know they were playing until eleven twenty five when I looked upon so I was about to start, but I was just so excited get a little money on it. Yeah yeah, I mean, you don't get basketball before lunch very often, so that's what makes this conference tournament times special.
Speaker 2: Last night in the mac m AAAC, Sienna played Niagara in the quarterfinals, and Billy the game tipped off at eleven fifteen at night on the.
Speaker 3: East Coast on the imagine that post.
Speaker 1: Why would they do that? Yeah? Why would they do that?
Speaker 2: So, I of course been on Niagara as part of a moneyline partway, and I had to wait till this morning to find out about it. I'd love to know the reason why Sienna and Niagra Niagara are.
Speaker 1: Are tipping off at eleven fifteen at night. Yeah, I would have. I mean, I've obviously lost a lot of money after midnight on the West coast been not on the same time zone. I remember under It feels like an under to me.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you if you remember when they would do the twenty four hours of college basketball to start of sentence, I missed this season I always remember Sienna was the team that would volunteer to play at six am, which I always found I know, but I always because they'd always have a y at like four am, because that was when they could do it. But I always thought the six am volunteer was an interesting It would be like Siena versus you.
Speaker 1: Know, Wagon whoever else would play, Yeah at six am. Well that just means they like the degenerates. They know who's up at six and they thought we're gonna play for them, and they said last night would play.
Speaker 2: All right, Billy, how many of the tournaments that we've already picked are over?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: Well, let's see, I gotta count it. There's only like four that we have that haven't five?
Speaker 2: Actually, so eleven of the sixteen we picked our duck correct, And how many of us got? How many winners did we get?
Speaker 3: Matt, you had four and Drew had won.
Speaker 1: Well, hold on, I was told to pick sleepers, so I was doing winners. Yeah, supposed to pick winners. You picked the one seed a few times too, so let's not Actually you didn't understand. Okay, I think the assignment I had to pick all three dar That's fine. What was my one. Do we know it was?
Speaker 3: You guys both got more head in the OVC nice and then Matt also got James Madison, Samford and South Dakota State.
Speaker 2: Yes, so Mac did not win. I think I had Mary Mack lost in the final. They were upset by Wagner. I think, yes, Wagner is the lowest seeded team to make it. They were, They were like a seventh seed and they won.
Speaker 1: Cream. I think Cream is still going to make the tournament. I do. I hope he does. They need to.
Speaker 2: I mean, the problem is every upset that happens the rest of conference tournament week is anti Cream. The favorite you need if you want Kream Abdul Jabbari and you need no. You know, you don't need Missouri to make a run and win the SEC. I know, I looked at something. The Big twelve and the Big Ten have never had a team protected out of the tournament win the tournament. The Big Twelve, the SEC, and the ACC have over the years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's been a few shou.
Speaker 2: The PAC twelve, the SEC and the A Big twelve and Big ten have never had a team go from out of the tournament.
Speaker 1: Well, hopefully the one we're at since we're fans of one of the fans. We don't see any sneaky activities here. But some of these teams A and M when you could run into they've they've put some good grunts together recently. Arkansas, Yeah, Arkansas could do anything, literally anything. They could not show their team bus, could not be here tonight and wouldn't parked next to their team bus. So I do you know it's here? I accidentally got on a bus thinking it was the shuttle and the guy goes, uh.
Speaker 2: He looks at me and goes, what why are you here? And I was like, is this the shuttle the arena? He goes, this is exactly what he said. No, it's for the Mississippi Civil Rights Museum. And I thought that's a long shuttle.
Speaker 1: I saw the Mississippi bus. I parked in a lot, right, But.
Speaker 2: Does he mean I mean he can't be to visit the Mississippi Civil Rights Museum. Does that mean that people came from the Mississippi Civil Rights Museum here?
Speaker 1: Maybe they're on their way down or on their way back, and this was just a little just didn't.
Speaker 2: Feel like he was close to his location, or maybe he got confused, as is.
Speaker 1: The pick up spot place tonight. Right. I think he got fused, confused.
Speaker 2: He thought he was supposed to be Jackson, Mississippi, and he somehow ended up in Nashville and there's a lot of people upset at him.
Speaker 1: Now they're all just stuck watching Vandy tonight. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, all right, So let's get started. Billy sixteen conferences to go first?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we start with the Southwestern Athletic Conference SWACK in Birmingham, Alabama, where the top four seeds are Grambling State, Alcorn State Southern, and Texas Southern.
Speaker 2: First of all, Birmingham is not in the southwest of anything? Is it Southwest Athletic Conference Birmingham? Is it even in the southwest of Alabama? I don't think it is.
Speaker 1: No. I guess it's southwest of South Carolina. That's odd. I'm going to take Alcorn State, dang it. That was my pick. Well, you can pick it too.
Speaker 2: I mean, if they win, you want to have picked Alcorn State. A lot in some of my parlays, they tend to be heavy favorites in games.
Speaker 1: I lost a Grambling game earlier this year.
Speaker 2: I remember that, so I no, I'm definitely not gonna pick them. Texas Southern used to win this every year, but then Mike Davis went to Detroit and went one and thirty, so they haven't been good as good since then. So give me Alcorn State, which is where Steve air McNair exactly.
Speaker 1: That's why it's my pick. The greatest quarterback to ever play the game of football. His stadium is where we're parked right now, right over here, across the street. So I'm going with Alcorn State. They've also some actual basketball, won nine games in a row going to the conference tournament, so they're on a bit of a heater. They've been. Yeah, they've been part of my parlays.
Speaker 2: And you know, I'll do like six or seven game money line parlays with heavy favorites, and theirs is usually like wrapped up early, like they're not even when I have to sweat often. So I'm really confident in this Alcorn State pick. I feel like, is this the are we already doing it? No, I'm not in a lock one yet. I think I have a lock one later, but this is my uh, this is my favorite nut of Championship Week pick.
Speaker 1: Like a wait a minute, those are acorn Yeah, and here we go. And so it begins, what's an al Corn to school? No? I know, but there is it in the city. Is not our corn? Is it? That's a good question. I don't know. Billy. Do you know what an al Corn is?
Speaker 3: I do not, but I can try to get enough.
Speaker 2: I mean, we're trying to educate, Billy, get ready to call someone. We're trying to understand what an al Corn is? What is an Alcorn?
Speaker 1: It's just bringing up the school for me.
Speaker 2: No, it keeps saying, what is an acorn Do you think it's supposed to be acorn?
Speaker 1: State? What is an al Corn?
Speaker 2: Well, it's the oldest historically black land great institution in the United States. I understand that, But why is it called Alcorn?
Speaker 1: Everything I'm seeing is just bringing up the school and it's in Lormon, Mississippi.
Speaker 2: All right, Billy, this is your job throughout the rest of the day is to say why, Oh, it's it was the Alcorn family.
Speaker 1: I was assuming it was a name at this point. If there's the Alcorn family, uh donated it it is?
Speaker 2: How about this Alcorn? Okay? Actually this is interesting. It was not the Alcorn family. This is actually an interesting little piece of history. Alcorn is an unincorporated unincorporated community in Mississippi. But it's also the common name given to sites without a name.
Speaker 1: Hmm. So it was just kind of so like, if you don't know anything else to name something, you name it Alcorn. Interesting, So they name something that's referencing not having a name. Is that right? Why wouldn't you just give it a name? But they named it? I like it. So if something doesn't have a name, you give it the name Alcorn. I like it and win the sweat. See, Billy, you would have never known that if not for this show.
Speaker 3: I wasn't expecting to learn that, but I'm learning it right now.
Speaker 1: We already have a title for the episode Alcorn because it doesn't have a name.
Speaker 3: What's next, Okay, let's let's go to the Big Twelve, which will be at the Big Twelve Center.
Speaker 1: The Big Twelve.
Speaker 2: That's the so it's just swack and then the next one to finish is the Big twelve.
Speaker 3: That's the order that ESPN has it here.
Speaker 1: Huh. Also it is the Phillips sixty six Big Twelve Tournament. Why is there a big dog in here? All right? Go ahead.
Speaker 3: They're in Kansas City and the top four seeds are Houston, Iowa State, Baylor, and Texas Tech.
Speaker 2: So Kansas wins this like every year, but they're two best players.
Speaker 1: Look at what's going on here, Drew? Why are they looking at this like this? I don't know. Are we in troll Billy. There's multiple security guards and dogs and we're the only and we're the only people here, and they keep looking at us like something's happening. They're sniffing the whole room and we're the only two people. Like let out a secret about al korns that was a government secret that people were not supposed to know that, Like, huh, don't come smell my backpack. I mean that dog is like intense. We're gonna just act like this isn't that. Don't bring that dog. We're doing some good security. Well, now they're they're smelling that guy's bag.
Speaker 3: Oh huh.
Speaker 1: I think that's the photographer for UK. Isn't it wasn't that Chad guy. I didn't see who was sitting there Red Beard? Isn't that the check gut it? Oh? Yeah, no, Chat, I just don't know that. That's just stuff. Like I said, I haven't really not smuggling drugs. If he has check. You're caught.
Speaker 2: Kansas always wins, but their two best players are out. They're not even a favorite tonight. Did you know that they play Cincinnati and Cincinnati is the favorite tonight.
Speaker 1: Even with the injuries.
Speaker 2: That's it's crazy players before the injury, so now they only have four.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're a three point under doll. For so many years they just had a strong grip on that conference.
Speaker 2: I'm taking Baylor. I think Baylor is the best team. Well, Houston is the best team in the Big Twelve, but I think Houston's gonna be thinking about the National Championship game in the final four, and I think Baylor plus I saw theyre pretty good value.
Speaker 1: They're like plus five point fifty or something on on DraftKings. So I'm gonna take Baylor. I don't take Houston even though they're a heavy favorite. Obviously one of the best teams in the country. You know, Baylor with all this talk out of the Bluegrass might have Scott drew the foot out the door for Louisville.
Speaker 2: A lot of talk that he could be the next coach at Louisville.
Speaker 1: How can I bet against that? Let's get that line. Draft you don't think he take that job. I think, what do you think would be a better job, Baylor or Louisville? Just for me, you got to think about your Scott Drew. You've already you're a king there. I mean, they're gonna build the statue. Why go get in the mud and try to save something that you have no involvement with Right now? I just think what the mess Louisville is. Yes, it's got a great history, tradition, all that, But he's got it so good right now. Why go try to rebuild that mess and maybe tarnish No? I understand, but have you seen Louisville basketball? Like I mean, Billy, let me ask you a question. When I say Waco, do you know what that means?
Speaker 3: I think of the There was there like a massacre or something like that.
Speaker 2: So you're I thought you wouldn't, like you'd be too young to remember it because it was in the nineties. David's David Koresh.
Speaker 1: You know a lot of the crazy people.
Speaker 2: That was like their kickoff point because the government went in and I don't know all the details, but the documentary it was very good.
Speaker 1: Did blame the government? I don't, I guess I don't remember if that will. And I mean it was very dramatic. He was obviously like not a good dude and there, but I think it was like glorified David k glorified. But like there's a whole standoff scene where they come in, yeah, them kind of thing like the f the FBI or whatever thought that he had like all these weapons and maybe the like the standoff scene, they're getting you kind of geared off for a side verse side kind of thing. And then but it like caught on fire, like didn't everyone dies. It was a bad disaster, like women children there.
Speaker 2: So all this is reasons that I think Scott Drew might but just sticking with them in.
Speaker 1: The considered Louisville.
Speaker 2: But I still I don't think it's gonna affect the Big twelve championship, I think, but you do think.
Speaker 1: Living in Waco, aside from that might be the reason to go to the little I've only driven through Waco. I one time stopped.
Speaker 2: I wanted to get a sweatshirt a hoodie at the Baylor's campus and I couldn't find the campus bookstore.
Speaker 1: So that's the extent of mine. Would you remember gotten that hoodie? If Scott Drew hadn't have given them a little bit of a basketball program. Yeah, because you know I have hoodies. It's true. You know what I'm wearing tomorrow. Do you know what I'm wearing tomorrow at Columbia University? Hoodie. That's a good one. So clearly I don't care if they're good. One thing though, Scott Drew when he took overlor that was worse off than Louisville. So maybe he's just see again back to wacos, they maybe had the worst probation you could have. Yeah, so and he's say he turned that around, so maybe he's into that kind of thing. Who's the guy? The rescue guy? He goes around everybody has a cake. He likes you like Godrew's cake is broken down programs. He's looking around programs that aren't quite at the bottom. But he's licking his lips, like, just a few more years and I want that one.
Speaker 2: We have friends whose kinks are broken down women that are And then same thing with Taylor with with Scottdrew.
Speaker 1: Wednesday, here is other than us a bunch of beat writer day. You know, kind of the older generations, do you think they're listening to us just wondering what the heck we're doing over here. Yes, we've a ready covered Waco socks how to clean yourself corn corn maybe, but you know what, we had the drug dogs come by. Who's next?
Speaker 3: We go to the Mountain West, which is going to be playing in Las Vegas for their conference tournament. UH number one seed Utah State, number two, Nevada number three, Boise State, number four UNLV.
Speaker 2: This has been like a really good conference this year, like like that and did you you didn't even mention San Diego State?
Speaker 3: Right A five and take on UNLV in the Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean so like this has been a great conference.
Speaker 2: I watched UH Utah State win the chance the conference title. They stormed the floor, there was they had a cool student section which was like doing all kinds of wacky things. And uh, but I think since they won, they're gonna be a little district. Who'd you say was the two seed?
Speaker 3: Two seed is Nevada and the three is who Boise State?
Speaker 1: A fun fact, I pulled up the Ken Palm to see where they're ranked. They go four in a row at thirty four, thirty five, thirty six, thirty seven with New Mexico Colorado State, Nevada and Boise. Yeah, all up, I mean to take Nevada. Actually, uh, San Diego State at twenty one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's weird there the five Sea because San Diego State may be the best one, but that's gonna be a murderer's row of San Diego State UNLV then having to play Utah State.
Speaker 1: So get me from the bottom. The Nevada wolf Pack take the conference. I was gonna take Nevada. It's boring and we keep taking the same picks. In that case, I'll go Boise for ten roof tacos. I miss it out there in Boise. I hope they bring a conference championship home and celebrate there.
Speaker 2: Steve Alford that they also it's the Conference of Coaches you might remember, right, so like Richard Patino was in New Mexico. I think Steve Alford is the coach at Nevada, right.
Speaker 1: Uh, I'm not sure about that one. But is it UNLV?
Speaker 3: It is Steve Alfred?
Speaker 1: It is Steve. Isn't that uh Jerry Tarcadia, No, it's a it's a famous old coach. I remember Kruger. That's it was him a long time ago. I don't know who is the UNLV coach?
Speaker 3: Now, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, I thought I had it, Maybe I don't. Kevin krue there was a connection, rug, Yeah, it was old man Krueger. So I just try to keep on there in the job. There we go. Who's next.
Speaker 3: Let's go to the Big East. They will play in Madison Square Garden. But you know that already. Uh number one, Yukon, number two, Creighton, number three, Marquette and number four seat in hall.
Speaker 2: It's great, great tournament this year, lots of Big East. Been a good, very good conference. I think have amazing crowd with Yukon being good and Saint John's in it again, Like, I think you're gonna have a great crowd. But even with all that said, I'm taking Yukon. I think they're the best team in the country. I think this will be They'll have a huge crowd. I mean, New York City is Yukon is almost like a home game for them when it comes to this kind of stuff. So give me Yukon to win the Big East.
Speaker 1: I think Yukon will be the team to beat in the Big Tournament. But Creighton stills this one off the grid. You take they got good guard play. You make a good point with getting Yukon up there in the garden. I don't know that Creighton will have the numbers, but I'm still gonna take Creighton steals this one from Yukon, and then uh, if it's not Kentucky in the Big Dance, it's Yukon. I just as a side note, I hate Creighton with a passion.
Speaker 2: Nothing to do with anyone personally, but Creighton is the team every year that the nerds, you know, the basketball nerds.
Speaker 1: Garrett Creighton you don't watch.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, I don't want to watch Creighton because I agree with Shannon the dude today, Creighton's never gon win anything. Stop talking to me about Creighton not the Big East Tournament. Well, I mean they could, maybe they win the Big East Tournament, but only be luck. But like they're always like, you know what, sleeper team. Like that guy who I told you had eight title teams one of his title teams, Creighton is not winning the national championship.
Speaker 1: I don't have him doing that. That Like, that's.
Speaker 2: Why do we all have to act like Creighton is a is A is a good.
Speaker 1: Team Because all the people like Jeff Goodman and like to name people like Baylor Shireman and be like, oh you you don't know the guy that.
Speaker 2: I think think of his like, And again I like this person it is Matt Norlander because I feel like like when Matt ne Orlander wakes up to night, he's like anybody thought about Craig Creighton's like the band They all say you should know if really new bands and then yeah, exactly, And it comes down for the Grammys and they lose out to like, you know, Little Dirt, and you're like, see, I.
Speaker 1: Knew Little Dirk was better. Why are you town?
Speaker 2: They're like, I think Matt Norlander has on his laptop a band like Gooster or something.
Speaker 1: Christon is crighton is Gooster? Well I'm taking Gooster in New York? All right? Who's next?
Speaker 3: The Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference which you mentioned earlier. Matt is playing in New Jersey in Atlantic City. Wait, Quinnipiac is the number one city? Quinnepa? Excuse me? Fairfield two, Mayris three, and Rider for I.
Speaker 2: Thought you saying there was a school like Fairfield to the return. Uh, Sienna is not in it.
Speaker 3: They're not a top four seed.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 3: Sienna was the eleven seed.
Speaker 1: I bet a lot of money in Sienna to know they were an eleven seed. I bet they were good. They were like an eleven point favorite seeds don't matter in the MAC. That was way too much money to put on Sienna. What was the three seed? Billy?
Speaker 2: I'm feeling that with Marist Mass Marist, the Marist red Hens. I think they're gonna get the victory.
Speaker 1: Because you know, normally I'm a I'm a big Manhattan guy, but they're they're like the still coaching there? No, who wait?
Speaker 2: I think he I think he didn't have a job and he was going he still there? Or is he somewhere else? Or is he at Saint John's with Rick?
Speaker 1: We're just we're just killing He's at Saint John's with Rick. Okay, So who's the coach the head coach right now? The head coach at James Madison is John Gallagher? Meant Manhattan? What did I say, James Mass? Oh? Did I? I think I read that on here while I was scrolling John Gallagher. You want smashing fruit that guy? Okay, Gallagher? They got Gallagher and you're one brought the hammer and watermelon. Get him fired up. But I'm not And walks on the sinder court. Is he the least talented comedian to ever make a lot of money?
Speaker 3: Do you know who Gallagher is, Billy, I've heard of him before, Yes.
Speaker 2: Yes, My favorite was. One of my favorite stories is that his brother decided to do the same things.
Speaker 1: You know, there was another gag Oh, I didn't know it was a fan so one Gallagher. I don't know which one it was. Liam. Uh.
Speaker 2: He would hit the fruit right, and then his brother was like, well, I can hit fruit too. My name's Gallagher. And since nobody.
Speaker 1: Knows his first name is Gallagher, I'll just grob my hair out like him and go hit fruit as well, and it'll be like people will think they're two Gallaghers. So he did. But you know, his brother didn't.
Speaker 2: Like that he was stealing his whole beat up fruit gimmick, and he sued it. And it's a case that I believe I read in law school Gallagher v. Gallagher, and the question was can you like own the copyright to Smashing Fruit? And I believe Gallagher one won the suit. I believe they said that his brother couldn't go out and call him Gallagher and still do the same thing.
Speaker 1: The original was Leo his brother Ron, he took his trademark sledge omatic routine. The courts ultimately decided with Leo the original with that memory, and granted an injunction prohibiting Ron from performing any act impersonating his brother Phil. You gotta be a press. I remember the particulars of the Gallagher lawsuit. All some prohibited him from bearing any likeness to his brother as well, looking like it. Cut your hair now you're going to prison. Cut that curly mullet right now.
Speaker 2: I wish they like I'd like to vinit Christmas when the Gallaghers were fighting over who got to smash watermelon.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't want to be the fruit at Christmas. You know.
Speaker 2: I think if he went and saw Gallagher, if you set in the first few rows, it was like being at Sea World. You were in splash zone and you had to sign something that says, I'm okay if watermelon goes all over me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go want to Punchoh, might get hit with the kiwi. It's all part of going to see Gallagher. And his younger brother Vin started going by Gallagher two to oh. He was allowed to do that? Man let him do that? Wow.
Speaker 2: I'm also Gallagher over here. So here's my question for you. Would you go see Gallagher two?
Speaker 1: Oh? You know me. I'm picking Gallagher too. That's a much better story. It's small venue, cheaper ticket, more likely. I get hit with the fruit, so many perks with Leo Leo. Yeah, huh, there you go. And that is why I don't have Manhattan winning.
Speaker 2: I have Fairfield Fairfield. So I got I think. I said Marist, you got Fairfield, forget Manhattan.
Speaker 1: It's in Gallagher, Gallaghan, he needs a little more time. You're one. Also, who's next we go to the MAC the regular match?
Speaker 3: Yes? Correct. Then they're playing in Cleveland where the number one seed is Toledo, number two Akron, number three Ohio and number four Central Michigan.
Speaker 2: We've seen Ohio in person, so I'm not picking them. They lost while we were on their court, and if they can't win on their court, they can't win. It's gonna be Toledo and Akron in the final.
Speaker 1: They're a non point favorite. When they lost on their court.
Speaker 2: They were Toledo and Akron, two cities that have been hurt by industrial by the NAFTA, and by the movement of jobs out. They're gonna be playing for Pride. Akron has tires, Toledo has hens. I'm going to take the fighting Vince maryl and I'm taking Toledo to win the tournament.
Speaker 1: I am also siding with the Rockets like they are in game one at eleven am. As I said earlier in the show, you play at eleven am, and you have my undivided attention. I don't care what's going on. I'll leave us out all priorities to watch two teams I don't know anything about if they're playing at eleven am. I just like that commitment.
Speaker 2: I feel like after the by the way, al Corn is up three in the swack quarter, fill the go hang in there. I feel like Toledo, like the MAC, does a good job of being on when there's nothing else on. I've had multiple nights in the last few weeks where it was six point thirty when I was trying to figure out where to get dinner, and that turned on and it would be like Toledo versus Western Michigan.
Speaker 1: I go, why not? I could eat tomorrow the Mac? Why not? They are good, especially football. Obviously they've cornered midweek games, but they've done a good job of building a brand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Friday nights on ESPNU. You can always count on some Mac games. What's next?
Speaker 3: Conference USA is next? They're playing in Huntsville, Alabama, where Jed.
Speaker 1: Byron has to spend the week there.
Speaker 3: By the way, what he gets for that tweet?
Speaker 1: Hehead Letsville, Alabama? But go ahead.
Speaker 3: Sam Houston's number one, Louisiana Tech is number two, the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers are three, and Liberty is that four.
Speaker 1: That's not the one he's in the American I get those two confused.
Speaker 2: I could not have told you until you said that any of those teams were in Conference USA. Did you know Liberty was in Conference USA?
Speaker 1: I would fill a conference you a quiz for sure. Sam Houston State is in Conference USA too. I mean I'm from not far from Western Kentucky, and I had to think that even they were in there because they've moved recently. Yeah, who did you say the two c was?
Speaker 3: That's who I like, Louisiana Tech.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's who I want from. I think Ruston Louisiana. That's right, I'm going to take Louisiana Tech. Here's what I remember about them. They used to be very very good at women's basketball when I was a kid. Like, women's basketball was rarely on television when I was a kid. I think Louisiana Tech Bill, you might look up if they ever won a national championship.
Speaker 1: I think they might have, did Kim Molkey? You start there? Oh, I don't know it's possible. Let's look but here.
Speaker 2: What I remember about them is they wore full shirts. They didn't wear jerseys. They would wear full shirts like and I thought, that's really odd to play basketball in full shirts. I don't know why it's odd, it's just you never saw it. And I think they did it, like long after everyone else stopped.
Speaker 1: Do you know who their All American point guard was in those long shirts? I just said her name, Kim Mulkey.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay them.
Speaker 1: They went for three towns. Were they in the eighties? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yes, eighty two, eighty eight or two of them?
Speaker 2: Yeah, eighty eight would be the one I would remember. I wouldn't have been old enough at eighty two, but that I do remember Louisiana Tech in women's basketball.
Speaker 1: Obviously I do too, A big fan, so I'm taking them. I can't go against the htle toppers over there. We still got Dante Allen out there getting buckets. I'm gonna side with the.
Speaker 2: Do you really think they can win? Billy, like you know that team, that's your team. You think they're good enough.
Speaker 3: The kind of fall fell on in their face recently down the stretch. But Steve Lutz man, I'm all in on him. He's a lot better than Stansbury.
Speaker 1: Four straight.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, they have, they've they've They're not in form right now, but they've got a shot. They play in New Mexico State to get to the semi finals, and then lut.
Speaker 1: Is not a name that you think of as having success because it's close to Klutz. That'll do it. We've made this guy mad. He's really mad. He's shaking his head. Should we tell him that one does? It was the dogs we were here first and it's literally the audio room. Yeah, he doesn't like it. And he might be able to hear us, because I'm not sure we are because we have these head phones. We're probably everyone in the building. It's probably here and like Phillys, just so you know, if I'm sorry, if anything happens, let's go to the A C C.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, they're playing in DC in this one, where North Carolina is the one, Duke is the two, Virginia is the three, in Pittsburgh is the four.
Speaker 1: Is this the worst AC of all times? Right? I mean Virginia is awful and they're the three seat. So how do we feel? Is it sad for the sport?
Speaker 2: We like for the sport, the the a c C to be better than it is, because because the because the sport, the sport requires a good acc Unfortunately, but it they're terrible.
Speaker 1: This year.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be North Carolina and Duke in the finals. And North Carolina's beating him twice, and so I see no reason to say they wouldn't beat him again. So I'm gonna take North Carolina.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I bet North Carolina to win the second and the regular season. I just think they're the much better team. They got some ninth year seniors who are ready for their ninth March badness, right, I think that experience will really matter.
Speaker 2: Do you are you gonna miss the Armando Armando Baycott era.
Speaker 1: I thought he's just staying there forever. It is crazy that he and R. J. Davis are still on that team.
Speaker 2: Or Mindo Baycott, it really has been there forever I mean he has been he has been at that school since Shawn May at least.
Speaker 1: Well. I thought when Hansboro beat him out for the spot he would transfer, but he just he just.
Speaker 2: Hansboro said an interview today, he hates Kentucky more than he hates Duke.
Speaker 1: Really did that seem weird? He said he almost went here. Yeah, he was very close to coming here. How do you go to Carolina and hate anything more than Duke and vice versa.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, I'm one of the few people who spent a lot of time in both rivalries Kentucky Louisville and Carolina.
Speaker 1: Duke and Kentucky and.
Speaker 2: Louisville people hate each other more, but the Carolina Duke games are more intense. So it just depends on what you matter. I mean, like Carrol, Kentucky LeBell people like hate each other's existence. Carolin and Duke people they just want they're like, we're above the rest of the world, and then we just want to make sure everybody knows that.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying him in it. I didn't get his even play him. That's what I was looking up right now to see his Uh.
Speaker 2: I feel like that may have been when we had the series where we played each other back and forth a few times. But I do remember he would have come to Kentucky if Roy Williams hadn't taken the job he was. It was between Kentucky and Kansas, and he was going to go to Kentucky because I think he's from Missouri. But then Roy Williams took the Carolina job and he went there.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: He beat Kentucky's first two seasons. Yeah, I don't know. All right, we both take Actually he went three and oh against Kentucky almost. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean I've beaten Billy like three straight times in golf. I don't hate Billy likes. At some point you just have to accept it, all right, Who's next?
Speaker 3: We go to the Big West? Who will be at the Dollar Loan Center in Henderson, Nevada? Where you see Irvine's the one? You see? Davis is the two, Hawaii is the three? In Long Beach State is the four.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't know anything about the Big West? Did you say you see Irvine was one of them?
Speaker 3: They are the one scene here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna take them.
Speaker 2: I feel like this game is usually Saturday night at like eleven thirty. Usually we've all gone out to our dinner. You guys have decided to go to the bars and get hammered. I'm sleepy, so I go to my room and you see Irvine is playing someone, and then you see Irvine wins. I sort of feel I have a seven am flight to ESPN Sunday. I have a feeling like we're gonna get to Saturday night and you tall and Hubby are gonna go out, and I'm gonna go to my room and you see Irvine's gonna win.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you see Ervine and UC Davis. I won't see either one of them, and I will definitely be out all night along past this game ending, and maybe I might be up while you were leaving for the airport, So I also good bye to you. I'll take Hawaii. Why well plus seven fifty? Do you do you?
Speaker 2: I just feel like they can you think of any Hawaii basketball anything?
Speaker 1: Can you invitational? But they don't even play it?
Speaker 2: I know, can you, Billy think of any Hawaii rainbow basketball? Something I can't think of? Listen, I'm like, I remember way too much about basketball. I can't remember one player or moment of Hawaii basketball.
Speaker 1: Well, they're about to win their conference tournament. Other than that, I don't have much huh man. There are very few teams that I have like no thoughts about, but Hawaii I don't. I'm trying to see about their notable players here. It feels like, and I come here wrong before you say something.
Speaker 2: I feel like maybe sometime around two twenty ten to fifteen, maybe they won an NCAA tournament game that like, I kind of have a vague memory that they upset somebody.
Speaker 1: In the n YE off what year twenty sixteen who made the round of thirty two? I don't have that information for it. So they did, says that they made the.
Speaker 2: That's listen Gallagher versus Gallagher and Houston. Why went I have a memory of them pulling off.
Speaker 1: And upset in the NCAA tournament. Yep, you called it? And then uh Rick Patino coach there, there's a little Hawaii memory. That's right.
Speaker 2: He actually, if I'm correct, that's a good He actually got in some NCAA trouble there and there was some people who were wondering whether he should be hired here because of and I don't remember what it was, but am I right?
Speaker 1: Didn't he get in a little trouble. I feel like there was something there and he he talked a little bit about this on his recent Pardon My Take appearance, which, by the way, did you listen to that on the US? I did not? Was it good? I don't like how liable he was, maybe uncomfortable, how likable he was.
Speaker 2: That's unfortunate. One day we'll have him on this show. He'll agree to do it sometime and it'll be it'll be good.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm big on anyone that makes fun of themselves. That's the best trait you can have. And at the end they say they ask him about the scandals. Not really, but they did say, we've had lots of jokes at your expense, and he was a great sport. He was like, I get it. You know, people criticize me. People have jokes. That's part of it. They didn't ask him about less than fifteen seconds or no, they admitted that they've done a lot of jokes, but they didn't.
Speaker 2: How can you not at least ask him about though, But that might have been although that might have been to be fair to them, like part of the agreements game to come is that they wouldn't ask.
Speaker 1: But yeah, did ask him a funny question. He says, anytime I mentioned you, I get a random text from a number that says we're going to find you, and like yeah, and he asked me. He's like, who is this? So Platino denied that. It's one of the point he opened up about Hawaii. I U there was. They were all probation. I don't remember exactly what he did, but that's the probably. I agree they.
Speaker 2: Probably had to do that to get him to come. That's a lot less than some people have had to do to do that.
Speaker 1: Did the whole forty five minutes? I think, sorry, I should say Cow. They beat Cow? Who did Hawaii twenty sixteen? Gotcha?
Speaker 2: Oh you thought I'm in? John Calferry like, well, no they didn't. It's Wednesday, they remember. I have a vague memory of that. All right, who's next?
Speaker 3: We go to the PAC twelve? Who is playing in Las Vegas? The one seed is Arizona, two is Washington State, three Colorado and number four Oregon.
Speaker 2: I think, as of this moment, the only two teams in the PAC twelve that are certain to make the tournament are Arizona and Washington State. I think everybody else is either out or on the bubble. I could see something weird happening here. I feel like Washington is going to make the finals.
Speaker 1: Brooks and Severe Wheeler are going to make the finals.
Speaker 2: But I think in the final ever year of their existence is a power program. Washington State, for all that is holy wins the conference tournament. Arizona's been sliding at the end of the year, so I'm.
Speaker 1: I'll be rooting for that. I'm gonna pick Arizona kind of like I did with RJ. Davis and Armando because it's seeing Caleb Love playing more basketball. I feel like I grew up watching Caleb Love play in conference tournaments, and I think with his experience, and they have Johnson from San Diego State last year, I think those guys will turn it on now that they know it's madness time and they've had some good runs in the past.
Speaker 2: Yes, do you know Colorado has three guys projected in the first round of the NBA Draft.
Speaker 1: I didn't know it was three. I thought just SA have a guy in the top five, Yeah, Cody Johnson.
Speaker 2: Then they have like a senior who's projected like a senior big, and then there's another guy they have three guys projecting the first round and they're on the bubble. So I don't know who their coach is, but he must be awful.
Speaker 1: He's overshadowed by the football program and a terrible conference.
Speaker 2: Three first round picks. You should find a way to make the NCAA tournament.
Speaker 1: Will we get a Brownie James run in the non seed? You think you'll declare for the draft. Actually, that game is playing right now and it's almost over and us he's up by two Washington. Oh, well, there's five minutes. I should say almost over, but the USC is.
Speaker 2: Up to Well, let's keep keep everyone updated so when this podcast is up, they'll already know and you can change your pick.
Speaker 1: Uh. Yeah, well I'm pick of Washington State. Oh I'm sorry, I thought you were going to I was going to say that the finals would be Washington was but I don't care what the bracket.
Speaker 2: You're good that, You're good there, Okay, you know the thrill and excitement of March Mania is here, and Draft Kings Sportsbook, one of America's top rated sportsbook apps, is giving new customers a shots. Turned five bucks into one hundred and fifty dollars instantly in bonus bets. Any college basketball bet you can do it. For instance, you can bet on conference tournament future is still available. Kentucky's plus four hundred here in the SEC tournament. I think Auburn or Alabama's plus four fifty, Florida's plus two thousand, South Carolina's plus six thousand.
Speaker 1: That one's kind of crazy. That is great. I mean South Carolina isn't gonna, but they could. I mean they were in the conversation for the number one seed and winning the league in the last week schedule.
Speaker 2: Download the DraftKings sports app and use the code fade news customers get five dollars. You go ahead and use fade five dollars to get one hundred and fifty dollars instantly.
Speaker 1: In bonus pits, it is called fade. The crown is yours.
Speaker 2: And remember, if you have a gaming problem, call one hundre gamber in West Virginia, visit www one eight hundred gamble dot net. New York called one of eight seven seven hope and why go. Help is available for problem gambling. In Connecticut. You can have eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven seven and seven seven or visit CCPG dot Org. Please play responsible on behalf of boot Hill Casino in resort in Kansas. One of these days, that'll stop making me laugh. Twenty one plus age varies by jurisdiction. Don't even think about doing this in Ontario. They'll smack in the face. Bonus pens expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue at ce dkng dot com.
Speaker 1: Slash b belt ball for.
Speaker 2: Eligibility and deposit Restrictions, Terms and Responsible Gaming Resources.
Speaker 1: Well said, It's like Shakespeare. Don't even think about it the Boohill Casino or no on behalf of No you.
Speaker 2: Can don't think about it going on we are thanking Boothill Casino.
Speaker 1: Don't don't think about Ontario. Yeah, I got it backwards. We will never.
Speaker 2: Think Ontario and say one bad word about Boothill Casino.
Speaker 1: You're out here. Who's next?
Speaker 3: We've got six left. Let's go to the whack. Who is also in Nevada? In Paradise, Nevada seems like a lot of that's right outside Vegas is number one, Charleton State number two, Billy U t Arlington number three, and Seattle U number four.
Speaker 2: Thank you told me this right? Like Billy just decided to stop coaching this year. Did you were you that told me that?
Speaker 1: I don't think so. If I did, I don't remember it.
Speaker 2: Someone told me, oh it was Duncan told me that Billy got sick earlier this year and had to miss like a couple of games, and then as soon as that happened, they started winning.
Speaker 1: And he just said, well, I'll just stay away. Well, I mean, I guess is that true. That's the first time I've heard that. But if that's true, that's a kind of amazing. How's he allowed to do that?
Speaker 2: That's what this is what Duncan told me, Like he got it, something happened, he had some sort of health issue, and then he could have come back, but they had won like six straight games, and he goes, I don't want to mess it up.
Speaker 1: I'll stay away. If that's true, I mean, credit to him, that takes. I mean, if they're hot, but like you're still gonna keep getting paid, maybe they're gonna keep winning.
Speaker 2: You think that's okay? Like, do you think it's okay? Just go you know what, I'm just gonna tell you what I'm good over here, y'all.
Speaker 1: I mean I would have I mean, did he literally just like I'm gonna do nothing.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna sit on my Billy. Why don't you look up the story? I mean, Duncan he may have made all of this up, but this is what he told me. Is he said, Billy just was like, I'm not I'm good going.
Speaker 1: I haven't heard that. It's like, it's be like me taking a couple of days off KSR.
Speaker 3: Looks like he's getting a contract extension.
Speaker 1: See to stay away. Is he like never gonna come back?
Speaker 2: And he just would be like me taking a couple of days off KSR or fade this. You all get better ratings without me, and I just go all right, keep it going.
Speaker 1: I'm over here. I mess up this heater? Is that true? Billy?
Speaker 2: By what I said about what him stepping away or did Duncan make that up?
Speaker 3: I haven't seen anything about it.
Speaker 1: I would like it if Duncan made that up out of thin air.
Speaker 3: That I haven't seen that. But it does say he looks like he's on the verge of a contract extension for two years.
Speaker 1: Huh because they won so many games well without it, I mean results are results. I'll take Grand Canyon, Uh, I'll take Tarletan. Let's do it. The non billy geez there coached by the al course.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, if he's not gonna coach, he like I deserve as much credit as if he's like not there.
Speaker 1: At all, it'd be a great way to spend it. Hey, they really need me to keep my distance, and it's important that you all pay me to keep my distance because the moment those checks start coming, I'm gonna start showing up and I'm gonna start coaching McGann, and they're gonna start losing. If you stop paying me, I'm coming. I'm following every where they go. I'll be outside their bedroom window.
Speaker 3: He took a medical leave in November.
Speaker 1: Okay, did he come back?
Speaker 3: It doesn't I'm not sure. No, he has been clear to return to the sidelines, but he has chosen to leave the team in the hands of acting coach.
Speaker 1: Duncan was right. He chose not to come. I choose not to coach. He is chosen to stay away. How does he get away? And then he's getting an extension. I think it's awesome. Good for him, he's getting an extension to not coach. Okay, Like I said, he was hired for them to win games. If him doing absolutely nothing helps him win games. Then he has to keep doing absolutely nothing. He cannot change with working.
Speaker 2: So it's like when I walk out of the room and Kentucky takes the lead, and then I just have to keep not watching the game.
Speaker 1: Because if you step in there, momentum changes and you know that would happen. Wow, we're all doing our part. It's just the first time it's been a fair fair enough. But he can't. You can't give him an extension. So it's part of the extension. Do you give him an extension as long as he agrees to stay away lifetime contract? It's actually a restraining order. It's not a contract extension.
Speaker 3: That's the dream job right there.
Speaker 1: Restract police will be here any minute if you get near his basketball team.
Speaker 3: What's the IVY League is next? And there in New York, I only have the top four seeds. Here it's Princeton, Yale, Cornell, and Brown.
Speaker 1: Uh you say Yale like I do?
Speaker 3: Like Country Yale, Yale.
Speaker 1: Princeton Yale to Brown.
Speaker 2: I made a vow to not bet on IVY League basketball because I got seven or eight straight games wrong.
Speaker 1: No matter what.
Speaker 2: Because Friday nights right there and it's and they all play on Friday nights, and I have won it, and I did a ton early lost all of them, So I have no idea.
Speaker 1: I'll let you go first on this one. This is one where there's a pretty heavy favorite, Princeton. I'm trying to look up their exact number. They're pretty highly ranked in kin pong for an ivy. I think their top fifty excuse me, fifty six, See Prince. I will go with Princeton. They are twenty eighth in offense. Apparently.
Speaker 2: Cam Newton today, by the way, said to Kirk Cousins, you're making four years, one hundred and eighty million.
Speaker 1: Damn, who is your agent? Well, but I mean, isn't that kind of a put down? No? I think it is because Cam still wants to be to look at him, like right in the face and go, damn, I'm in this chair asking you questions because Cam still thinks he can play. Four years, one hundred eight million A lot of a lot of dough for Kirk Cousins. Who's next?
Speaker 3: The Atlantic ten is next, They're in New York.
Speaker 1: No idea, who's in this conference anymore? It's changed a lot too.
Speaker 3: The top four seeds are Richmond, Loyola Chicago, Dayton in Massachusetts.
Speaker 2: Well, it's three of those first four. I knew we're in there. Loyola Chicago's kind of a new one.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Dayton's really good. I think they're ranked. They it's I feel like they play again. They're another team I've bet on that. I feel like they play close games but then find a way to win them. So I'm gonna take Anthony grant his immech impeccably tailored suits, uh, to win.
Speaker 1: And summer, well, I assume he's still rocking those suits. Still looks amazing. He's a good look. I'll go Uh, I'll go Richmond just to be a little different. Okay, go Spiders.
Speaker 2: My law school roommate went to Richmond. He smoked a lot. I made him, you know, he was nice, he would go outside, but he just, you know, somebody who smokes a lot, like they're gonna smell.
Speaker 1: Like it, and then it's on everything, and then it's like like it just stays. And finally I couldn't live with him anymore. I was like, this is just too much, just too much smoke.
Speaker 2: It's just too much, and it's interesting. I lived with him for two years, my second and third year of law school when we graduated. I've never seen it or spoken to him since.
Speaker 1: Is that weird? Like?
Speaker 2: And we didn't have a like falling out. We liked each other just the day we left. We just never ever spoke again.
Speaker 1: Is that? Do you think that's strange? Live with somebody two years? No fights? Well, one of my roommates I in college. I grew up with him in Madisonville, and I don't know that. I we didn't have a fight. He just just never spoken to him. I think I might've run through him. But there's names Joe Davies.
Speaker 2: I liked him. I hope he's doing well. Somebody here listening might know it. But twenty one years, never said a word to him since we left.
Speaker 1: We should have a roommate reunion podcast. This will bring back on rich Billy. Do you think that's weird?
Speaker 3: No, the kind of the same thing happened to me my first roommate in college. I mean we chose each other, we were good friends, and then never spoke to each other again after that year.
Speaker 2: Even in college you see each other and oh no, that's even weirder. You you live with did you fight?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: No, it was it was just you chose.
Speaker 2: To live with each other. Yeah, you lived with each other the first year. Did you like decide we don't like, we don't want to live with each other.
Speaker 3: Oh, we just took different, very different paths.
Speaker 1: I was over.
Speaker 3: He was very religious. He joined the Peace Corps and.
Speaker 1: Wow, so he was a religious religious Peace Corps And you were like, you're the bad boy. You were the slick back hair Fred exactly right, and you've not spoken to him soon? No, what's his name? Maybe we can reunite.
Speaker 3: The name's Joey.
Speaker 1: Joey what osa?
Speaker 3: I think it's a battinger.
Speaker 2: You think it's been a while. Don't remember what his last name is? Your freshman year room, You don't remember his last name? You were a bad boy, Yeah, I was remember his last It's too.
Speaker 3: Busy being froudy focused on the slicked back hair.
Speaker 1: He had mixers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe Joe Davies and Joey Baddinger we can all be ad an a d Maybe we can all come.
Speaker 1: Maybe they let them host a bo a is not listening, you know what, Well, I don't know. I'll see that one. Somebody just looked at us, like, are these dudes are going to shut up. How many we go? What's next?
Speaker 3: We've got three more? And next is the SEC where we have Tennessee, Kentucky, Alabama, and Auburn.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is those are the four best teams. But the good thing is, you know, South Carolina is sitting there at plus six thousand, Florida's sitting there at plus two thousand, but it'll probably be one of those four. You know, I'm gonna say Kentucky. I think even at plus four hundred, that's a good value. This is there'll be more Kentucky fans here than anywhere else.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: I have to park across the river now, I don't like that. But otherwise this is perfect. Although I didn't notice it's Wednesday afternoon and there were already like Bachelorett, Like when do these people like they were bats ap bike things like it's Wednesday.
Speaker 1: I was here Monday, leaving town at ten thirty am. A girl on all white all white boots behind her a trail and went towards in towards Broadway on a Monday at ten thirty eight.
Speaker 2: Okay, so oddly I actually think Monday makes more sense at at the end of a weekend. But Wednesday, to me, Tuesday's the weirdest day to party.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, you're it's not the end of the week, no regard for life. You like how bicycle.
Speaker 2: Drinking at one thirty on a Wednesday. It's like you're not making it to the weekend.
Speaker 1: No, you probably don't even know what a weekend is. If this place has changed so much, don't you think?
Speaker 2: I mean, Nashville was once my one of my favorite cities, and now I find it to be like Luke Bryan theme park.
Speaker 1: I worry when I complain about it because a lot of people, as they get older, they complain about things changing. But I think all Nashville complaints are are warranted. I've been coming to I'd probably come here five times a year, and there'll be times in between trips where when I come back, I'm like where did that go? Or what is this? And they're just constantly building and building and it I just feel like it's.
Speaker 2: A theme park now. It's not like a place. It's a theme park, like it's like Bolly.
Speaker 1: It almost feels like a Vegas it really does. Where they have their strip. Yeah, come ride the Morgan Wall and tilt the world, you know it just drop me in the middle of it and go.
Speaker 2: It used to have though, Like I mean, it used to have a culture to it, you know. I mean it used to have you could go in a honky tonk and it was a honky tonk, And now you go in a honky talk and like Florida Georgia line give you a massage, and it's like, I don't want to do this.
Speaker 1: When I was younger, we used to walk up and down. I'd be like, can I is there a music that's not country? Yeah? And now I feel like, where's there's the whole country music? It's not even here.
Speaker 2: And if you just want to do like what we want to do, like a group of college friends and you just want to hang out.
Speaker 1: It's actually really hard to do he in this part of town.
Speaker 2: Now there's other parts of town you can do, but in this part of town, Like if you just want to go into a bar and sit with.
Speaker 1: Your friends, like, that's really hard to do now.
Speaker 2: If you want to have girls scream at you, like then that's different.
Speaker 1: But like, I don't know, it's just it's just it's the place has changed so much and it will be madness it'll be a circus, especially with all the excitement around Kentucky, Tennessee and Alabama. Maybe Little Auburn too, Auburn travels. These places are gonna be insane. I'm gonna spend so much money requesting doomas Walker at all these places. I gotta go get cash, by the way, because it's hard to play with a card here for things, and I never care cash. I gotta go get cash, all right, So drafts cash Saturday night. I might have been the first person nationwide on DraftKings to bet the sec termament. I saw them pop up, and I'm better immediately. I'm on the Kentucky Flourida one. I couldn't believe it was plus four hundred. I'm riding with the cats, all right, Kentucky it is two more. I guess we got what the big ten and what.
Speaker 3: In the American Athletic Conference.
Speaker 1: Let's start with the American.
Speaker 3: But they're in Fort Worth, Texas, where South Florida is.
Speaker 1: That's what it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Florida Atlantic is the two, Charlotte is the three, and UAB is the fourth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gonna be South Florida or Florida Atlantic. It's a battle South Florida has been surprisingly good. But in March, you take the owls, give me Florida Atlantic. Thanks to their run, they will win the conference tournament.
Speaker 1: I think so too. Saw a little profile on them recently took a bit of a dip, but I mean they still know what they're doing. I think it's time to hit the switch and people.
Speaker 2: Forget they hit a tip in at the buzzards get out of the first round lash. So even though they went to the Final four, they weren't a Final four caliber team. They just they got lucky. And that's not a criticism, but they did. And so now I think they're more They might be as good this year as they were last year.
Speaker 1: It's just people had higher expectations and there's teams like that every year. That's what makes the tournament so crazy. I mean, you can be a split second from going home in the first round and look up and you're in the Elite eight. Yeah, that's exactly right. Night.
Speaker 2: Let me say this before we do the final one, since there's a very good chance that Kentucky is going to be in Pittsburgh next week. It's looking like pretty good chance that's where they'll be. If we have Pittsburgh listeners. If you're not gonna have five days.
Speaker 1: There, at least four days there.
Speaker 2: And we've had You and I have been there but like for a night. We've been there for a night quite a few times. And I think we've ever been there for like four days, including probably Wednesday night and Friday.
Speaker 1: We'll have like nothing. So if you have suggestions, especially like Friday with all those games, like where should we go, where should we go watch games?
Speaker 2: Who should we go see? You know, let us know, because you and I it's gonna be old school. It's gonna be like when we were we were just we youth, just meeting you in a city doing our thing.
Speaker 1: And I hope it's old school that uh it's more than one weekend that we're traveling these days.
Speaker 2: Well usually when you get to the regional it's in bigger cities and like there's there's things going on. But I'm excited to be in Pittsburgh. But I don't know, like it's been a while since we've.
Speaker 1: Been and we don't need the we've had Primani, but we know the Pittsburgh films. We're looking for just a good place to hang out.
Speaker 2: I'm looking for the equivalent of the Pittsburgh I'm looking for the equivalent of KS Bar in Pittsburgh or for watch the games, or like the kind of food spot that only a Pittsburghian would know, like you ought to go to, Like.
Speaker 1: What's a Lexington spot like that? Like moms or dads That Dad's is a good one. Like that's when you would know if you're body in Clyde's Pizza in Louis. Like what are the Pittsburgh spots like that? We need those? Yeah, all right? With TV last one is.
Speaker 3: The Big Ten. They're in Minneapolis where Produe is the one, Illinois the two. Nebraska is the three in Northwestern is the four.
Speaker 1: Wow, Nebraska is the three in Northwestern is the four?
Speaker 2: Yes, you know, Nebraska is one of like only I think it is the only Power five team that's never won an NCAA tournament game.
Speaker 1: That's sad. Their football team disappeared forever. They don't have a basketball I don't think they I don't. I think they're the only power five team in the country that has never won an NCAA tournament game. We were there to watch them beat Indiana at Indiana and then Indiana cut the nets down that was weird and had Senior Day cut the nets down after they lost. I'm gonna take Purdue. I think Purdue is good the Big Ten Tournament. I think I've read the favorites win the Big Ten Tournament more than any other conference tournament in the country.
Speaker 2: I don't know why. It's usually what they the game that's on leading into this election show. So I'm gonna take Perdue to win.
Speaker 1: To win this year, I'll take Purdue to Illinois is kind of their only threat. I believe Perdue beat them both times this year. I think they'll make it a third. I got Purdue bowing out the n C DOUBA early because that's what they do. But they'll win this one.
Speaker 2: Oh you think they You don't see a Virginia thing here where they lose to sixteen.
Speaker 1: I've heard a lot of people saying it. I'll admit I turned my ear to for a second. I thought, you know what, that kind of makes sense. Then I'm like, wait a minutes for Due. Don't be stupid. They won't be there at the end. To white guys, that's probably just I feel like everybody on that team looks like their college basketball player going on forty year old account. That's part of it, and a team like that can't win. I feel like Big ten teams choke a lot. Maybe the numbers show differently, but I remember last.
Speaker 2: Day they haven't won a title since what Michigan Stay in ninety nine.
Speaker 1: And someone told me this before the game last year, and I've been still in their take, but they were like, watch Edie and then so a tournament, he gets called for three seconds and they didn't call it for one time. Interesting and if you watch some Big twelve or Big ten games, I swear he's in the lane for ten seconds. And then when they got upset, he was. He was not doing it as much as I think. I might have just seen a random tweet. But I watched the game having seen that, and I noticed it a little bit.
Speaker 2: I have to watch that too. You think he'll he thinks? Do you think he plays in the NBA? They got him projected. He's pretty smooth. I don't know that he'll be a big star anything. You like the way he passes, and a lot of big man just they're a little limited. You know, he's he's got some vision. I'm not ready to call him. You get your anything crazy, but I think he gets some minutes.
Speaker 1: Can't does he does? He shoot threes? He shoots a cop shoot him sometimes? Been getting up and down in the league. I don't know about that. Yeah, that's the part I don't know. Well, it's been fun to be here, uh with uh with Drew.
Speaker 2: Before we go out of here, what is your favorite since you've been with K s R. What are your favorite two or three SEC tournament memories. I'll I'll give a couple that you think since I didn't tell you're going to do this. One is when some family members of a UK called me and said that the team had threatened to walk home from the game to the hotel because Billy Gillespie was going to make an injured player walk home, and that the whole team got off the bus and the parents said, Matt, they're about to walk down the street and leave Billy alone in the team bus. And I remember going, I think this. I think this ain't gonna work this relationship. Team would rather walk the tornado because it was wild, like you didn't know what was happening. There's a tornado. People were running around, there were bolts coming from the ceiling of the Georgia Home, and then the next day the games were just at Georgia Tech. Randomly, Billy Gillespie tried to block a free throw. So those are two good ones. Those are the two that I think of now. Yet last year's sharing the dude smacking Myles Butler in the face. Oh yeah, it wasn't good for people who don't know Max Stuffy made him do it.
Speaker 1: I'll just leave it at that. You can use your imagination. What else, I'll start with the extracurriculars. I'll love sleeping two hours in a week because we're going NonStop. Yeah, our big dinners on Saturday night are always fun because they lead at Shenanigans as fun as Nashville is. I enjoyed Atlanta. It's not a good city to host, but it's I never go to Atlanta otherwise. It was always like a nice away game, So I had a lot of fun Atlanta memories. But on the basketball, actually, what's happening inside Cousins tip in when I gave up my seat and I mentioned earlier. Yeah, for some reason, the game sticks out when Malik Monk played Arkansas because I've never seen an assistant coach talking trash to a player. Yeah, they did, because he was from there. I mean, it looked like we were gonna have a fistfight at at half court when they're warming up for the championship game. Then Milik Monk went absolutely off and that was one of the last times Kentucky even had a good run here. I like the years we also we did television here.
Speaker 2: You know, we would have to do our show and we would have to tape the show somewhere in Nashville, and my friends would show up and they would just sneak behind the camera, Billy and while Drew and I were trying to talk about like politics, they would be behind the cafe of cameras just making faces.
Speaker 1: Lois Gibit heres.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Paron Johnson tried to fight someone because they tried to crash our TV show. The needed he I remember Paron Johnson took off his sweater, neatly folded it and then said I'm gonna go beat his ass. But he did take the time to neatly fold his cashmere sweater.
Speaker 1: That was one of the craziest things I've ever seen. The other guy was doing a lot of talking, and paren was looking at him, listening and casually folding his sweater. I was like, this is the most insane behavior ever. This dude that tagas Mac needs to run. Now.
Speaker 2: One of the worst things that happens to people, Billy is they talk trash to me because they want to fight me, and then they get parent surprise.
Speaker 1: Actually, yeah, if you talk trash.
Speaker 2: To Matt Jones and you're expecting Matt Jones and then six six former UFL player Paren comes out not exactly the same.
Speaker 1: I remember one from the weird COVID tournament. We were doing the radio show in the Omni Hotel, which is the media hotel. We're about to go home, the tournament has been canceled, and you lock down a Greg Sanki interview and this is like a big deal. But he took the headset off my head and at that moment, you know, we're supposed to be distancing in this mouth and I'm like, am I gonna me? Am I single handedly? Gonnaho? You thought you were gonna kill Greg sank Yeah, because yeah, we shouldn't say that, but I mean, he took it off my head and put it on, and you know, at that point, we're thinking we're wiping out. You know, this is the wiping down Grocerys phase, and I'm thinking, oh my goodness, please I know, and all I could think is I hope nothing happened there.
Speaker 2: This is also how much we've aged and maybe matured. Our friend u t vol fan one year he took a picture with every.
Speaker 1: This is is a long time. It's like two thousand.
Speaker 2: Six seven he took a picture with every team's dance team where he pulled up his shirt to show his belly in the picture.
Speaker 1: Very harry belly too.
Speaker 2: If I recall, Billy would be like the UK dance team and our friend may involve him with his shirt up with his belly outs.
Speaker 3: That's something.
Speaker 2: And then they had the audacity to say they might not credential us in the next year.
Speaker 1: What come on. Thank you all very much for listening. We will be back next week.
Speaker 2: I'll be at ESPN, but Drew and Billy will be in Lexington and we will do our NCAA tournament prediction show and it should be a lot of fun. And then the week after we'll be doing this from wherever the region is. So it's a lot of fun to come enjoy conference tournament week.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening.
Speaker 2: Tell your friends like when you're over text one friend and say listen to fade this or I will kill your dog, Like if you do that, we'll get more listeners.
Speaker 1: Probably do it. I wouldn't encourage that all the way, but it would't work. Make your own choices.
Speaker 2: I had tried one to suck
Speaker 1: Sa