Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the Covino and Rich podcast.
Speaker 2: Be sure to catch us live every weekday from five to seven Eastern to the four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio. Find your local station for Comedo on Rich at Foxsports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app like searching FSR.
Speaker 3: WO.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, all right Tuesday not a snoozesday.
Speaker 2: Taco Tuesday with CNR on FSR broadcasting line from the Fox Sports Radio Studio. Thanks again to Starbucks for hyping us up today. Yeah, buddy, and that's no commercial. That's for real houseminder here it is. I'm always there, right, and my daughter's always getting these and I never get any, So these refreshers areware.
Speaker 4: It's at Rich was literally skipping down the hallway right now.
Speaker 1: I say what because I saw him do the work.
Speaker 2: We have a lot of great clients, but when one of our clients is a place I go too way too much to begin with kidding me there.
Speaker 1: Every day without failure, we'll.
Speaker 2: Be rocking out. Hope you're having a great one line from La. Congrats again to listener Matthew k. What up Matthew King, who won our Fox Sports Radio Bracket Challenge. After winning the tiebreaker over fellow listener Jason oh Jason Oh No. In the hosting standings, Colin Cowherd finished as our top host. Good for Colin after winning the tiebreaker over.
Speaker 1: Martin Stars Star.
Speaker 4: Did he steal that victory? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I know right, like he's stole Fernando Mendoza from US Martin Wize. Check out the final standings at Fox Sports Radio dot Com. Our winners taken home a one thousand dollars gift card. Fox Sports Radio Bracket Challenge presented by wee Bowl. It's time to get your financial portfolio game ready with wee Bowl. Get powerful investing tools in real time data, all on one platform. Get started by downloading the wee Bowl app today or visiting wee bul dot com.
Speaker 5: We both Financial LLC Member SAPC FENRA. Investing involves risk. For more information, visit wee bule dot com Slash disclosures.
Speaker 4: Let me ask Colin here?
Speaker 2: Hey Colin, Hey, Colin, are you proud of yourself for winning the Fox Sports Radio Bracket Challenge?
Speaker 4: Pause?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, there's a new hold on our AI. Colin's not working.
Speaker 2: Rich is getting Trump alerts interrupting our by the way, he's heavy.
Speaker 1: Negot every storyline. I've got it all. What do you want to know?
Speaker 2: Hey, Colin, are you proud of yourself for winning the Fox Sports Radio bracket Challenge? Nice try, I'm not taking a victory lap for a bracket challenge I don't even have in front of me. Oh, he told you, He told me, by the way, like you're a little the way you presented that question, not too uh, certainly not political. But it is three o'clock West Coast time, six o'clock East coast that eight pm Iran deadline. Apparently President Trump and Iran in very intense negotiations right now. So you know, I'm sure we'll find out soon enough what what the heck's going down on the world. So yeah, boy, and thank you guys for hanging with us in the meantime in between time everything at Covino and Rich at Fox Sports Radio against streaming live as we speak. You know what, I feel like I've been neglecting the insho chat going there right now at Covino and Rich FSR. I'm steak around because we're going to play last one Standing this hour.
Speaker 4: But yeah, they've all been talking about how their parents also have the old phones.
Speaker 1: Oh really, yeah, look, all people count, all people matter.
Speaker 4: My mom.
Speaker 2: Mike Michael runs his played place, said that Errol Siegel, guy's a good guy. They went to high school together. They were there, they were colleg Drimmage.
Speaker 4: Was it college?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, eighty one year old Errol Siegel who can't prince his tickets out. I hope they make that right.
Speaker 4: Errol was just super senior when Mike was a freshman.
Speaker 2: Say that it was the baby play together once, right, And by the way, Mike's only a few years altenated me. For the record, we're just messing with you know. Yeah, he's he's extra spry when he has these refreshers. So Fernando Menos is the story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let me let me. Let me tell you why this guy's making it a terrible mistake.
Speaker 4: Don't drink the props.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you about the NFL draft. This is something that started in a nineteen in my opinion, in my vision, like the nineteen eighties looking like offices, like offices with that like that wood paneling and like old ass landlines.
Speaker 4: Like yeah, it was like a conference room at a hotel.
Speaker 2: Like you know, the smell of cigars, like just a bunch of you know, front office, NFL gms and personnel, you know, like doing like a half half ass like you know, visual draft like it was more about, say.
Speaker 4: You know, more than Rocky Bombo.
Speaker 1: No, No, absolutely, you know panel what panetly Absolutely, you know so cigar smoke.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, you know.
Speaker 1: It just went from that.
Speaker 2: And if you watched from l Way to Marino, which is a grade thirty for thirty, you really do get the vibe of what an early nineteen eighties draft room looked like. Yeah, it was old school, might as well have been a VFW be came a thing. It looked like a VFW hall with like tan landlines and again cigarette and cigar smoke. Now a city shuts down and it's like a it feels like a billion dollar opportunity. It is We're talking streets are flooded. Whether it's Nashville or Detroit. Really took the next level. That was crazy, dude. It's this is big time. It's big, it's huge. It's really an opportunity for a city to make a ton of money and showcase what they're all about. Yeah, and that's great and that's grand, But I think for people like Fernando Mendoza. Granted number one Raiders. We get all that one of the biggest names in the draft, if not the biggest name. He doesn't come from a small family of five, and that's it.
Speaker 1: Rich. You had no cousins growing up, none, zilch zero. That's truth.
Speaker 4: That's real.
Speaker 6: Dog.
Speaker 2: Not only is he close to his intimate family is his mom and his brother and his dad. This guy has eight hundred extended mendo like he knows them, but they have family reunions.
Speaker 1: I'm not making that up. I swear to you. So I ask you Fox Sports Radio Nation.
Speaker 2: If you come from a proud Cuban family and they're all in that Miami area and they're all pumped about their little Fernando, and you're real close to your mom and your family who've done everything for you, you don't think there's a nice side to the story where he wants he chooses the unpopular. Yeah, I'm going to Pittsburgh. I'd rather stay with my family in Miami. That's a beautiful thing. Sam, Honestly, I would do that. That's wonderful guy. I back them up. I would do the same thing. You know.
Speaker 1: I call me a big mama's boy. It's the right thing to do. Mama's boy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the right thing to do. I'll call you mama's boy. Your mom did your lunder until you were almost thirty. Fine, and I love and respect and honor her every day.
Speaker 1: I have a question. Is it true your mom folded your underwear until you're almost thirty?
Speaker 2: It was she was It was her pleasure. Bro, She's to tell me it's my pleasure, Steven, it's her pleasure. Your stained boxer briefs right here, her pleasure. But you know what, Fernando Mendoza is a good kid. He it makes the story makes sense. He wants to spend that time with his who's more important, his family or the random mustache having fans.
Speaker 1: Of Pittsburgh get out of it here. I have the answer to that.
Speaker 2: But Sam, can you hit me up with some how do you not see that there's there's There could be two ways to look at it, but there's not. Though we haven't heard some abba in a second, Fernando talk has been low on the show. While you keep some Abba, let me tell you that Fernando Mendoza not going to Pittsburgh to be the number one pick. In the NFL draft. Walk through that tunnel, that sponsored tunnel where there's lights and cameras yet and it's a lot of shine for people that are really looking for it.
Speaker 1: And he doesn't need all that. Bro, you can let me talking.
Speaker 2: You canna interrupt every sentence just because your a mom is boy and you want to go home because your momm would make you chicken cutlets. How could you not see the flip side of this, because there is no flip side. There is Family's everything he's entering would be he'd be nothing.
Speaker 4: If it wasn't for his family.
Speaker 1: He cried and thanked his mom with the heisman. It was beautiful his mom.
Speaker 2: You know, they him and his mom and dad and some family members could go to the NFL draft. You know this right, It's not like they're banned. Yeah, but he rolls deep. That's my point. He has a lot of family. It's not just four or five people. He has a lot of family. He's a Cuban kid in Miami. They're all over the place out there. Your thoughts eight seven, seven ninety nine one Fox, it's a big story today. It's a terrible decision. And you know what the NFL is thinking right now, Oh, this is awful. You boneheaded kid. We get it. You love your family. Accommodate the mom, accommodate the dad.
Speaker 4: And you know they would.
Speaker 1: He's gonna be the number one pick. Danny G you're a Raiders fan. Is this upset you?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 4: I mean I feel like, hang on, rich you know you're on your third refresher over there. It is. It is difficult. And I've read this before that it's difficult for Fernando Mendoza's mom to travel. So you got to keep that in mind.
Speaker 2: Yes, first class do whatever they need to do. It's like going to see.
Speaker 1: You know what. It's like. It's like, I can't even.
Speaker 2: Think of a good enough analogy if it would be like go to the Oscars, right, and let's say Timothy Chalome is up for every war and he's like, I'm just gonna sit this one out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I get that. And for the fans, this is gonna be not as fun of a night as maybe they imagine, because I imagined him with Roger Goodell holding up the Raider jersey.
Speaker 2: And that's what everyone thinks. And it's a moment hugging the commissioner, walking through the tunnel, folding the brim of the hat before he puts it on.
Speaker 1: This is part of his story.
Speaker 2: Those of you who might not know, his mom has ms. She has multiple sclerosis. It's a big part of the story. I'm not sure that's the reason, but you know, it's also something consider you and I know, but I but I do feel like she was at the National Championship, she was at the draft.
Speaker 1: They would do the NFL.
Speaker 2: I promise you, the NFL would do everything in their power to give missus Mendoza first.
Speaker 4: Class National title game was in Miami here.
Speaker 2: But what I'm saying, but the first class treatment the Mendoza family would receive. You can't doubt that. It's not like it's like, well, how are they going to accommodate the family?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's number one, So if he wanted special accommodations, they would.
Speaker 2: They would, they would. They would have a lounge with Butler's right next to the stage of Fernando's.
Speaker 1: Like, that's what I need.
Speaker 8: D me.
Speaker 2: This is a big misstep by I mean Mendoza. He may not care, but the NFL hates this.
Speaker 6: They hate it. I don't hate it as much. And the thing that I was gonna say was They also hate it because he's the only story of this draft. Like the draft is not littered with skill position players, it's not full of quarterbacks. He's the only story and it's likely to be done with the stories over within the first hour of making the pick because of the Dog and Pony show. But just remember the story last year was should Or Sanders who wasn't there. So should Or Sanders wasn't at the NFL Draft, and it still was something that we did talk about a lot. But I think I think the draft has become way too big. I have actually no problems with him now staying home.
Speaker 1: Ratings or ratings will suffer by the way.
Speaker 6: Cameras think people aren't going to watch because he's not in attendance.
Speaker 1: But cameras are still going to be up his.
Speaker 4: Nose in the living room, right, Yeah, you think a Raider fans like, screw this.
Speaker 1: I'm not watching.
Speaker 2: It's probably gonna be way more heart hugging to see his name called, and he's hugging and embracing all his family there in his living room, crying with all.
Speaker 6: His Cuban relatives. Let's also be real with this. The Raiders could make the pick now. They could make the pick right now, but they don't do it because it's their TV show and he's just not playing a part of their TV show. He's not being there with the you know, come out, walk out, give the commissioner a big hug.
Speaker 2: Hey, guys, they're doing a boy meets World reunion and Tapeng is not coming, Like do you, I mean say the same by the Mello They're doing a hang But guess who's not gonna be there. Zach Morris this he's the star and Dan Byer, I know what you're saying, Like, probably right, ratings probably won't be affected. But my thought is it's a movie, it's a concert, and you're you're missing the.
Speaker 1: Star, the lead singer.
Speaker 2: The only as you said, in a draft that doesn't have a lot of sexy, flashy names, all eyes would be really honed in on that first ten to fifteen minutes where it's like the build up to Mendoza holding up the Raiders, Jersey, Tom Brady probably on hand, the commissioner. It's a moment that's just gonna not happen. Essentially, I don't really care. I'm not a Raiders fan, but I feel like even as I guess I do care because as a as an NFL fan, I think it's a cool moment. I would like to say to me, is a I understand that the NFL care is. That is a fact that's not debatable. This is big for the NFL. But a nothing burger of a story. The guy made a choice. It might not be a popular one, but it's a good one. Nothing more important than family. Given Godella big Huggs is the big miss here. I don't see it that way. Let's go to the phones at eighty seven, seven ninety nine on Fox eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox.
Speaker 1: Who do we got Danny G? Danny G Raiders fan?
Speaker 4: He doesn't even care.
Speaker 1: We got a you know, the Mark Mendoza. His third cousin is online five Mark.
Speaker 2: The Animal Mendoza from Twisted Sister. Yeah, they're related. They'll be there at his house. We're at a big party.
Speaker 4: Let's talk to Mark about this.
Speaker 8: Mark.
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 4: Man? What up?
Speaker 1: Mark?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Hey, guys, red Shaw, I know you want to suo and everything, but you're wrong.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 9: I mean I have a zero perside Cuban, but I am Italian and just remember, don't ever take sights against the family. He like he's he's the first guy that never get the draft, which he's not. And show it right, Bil, you remember that part and dumping dumber where they're crying and there was a wrinkle up the hundred bills and blowing their nose and crying best owners and canal poor owner at all.
Speaker 2: Hey man, rich Ketam, you're you're telling me how wrong I am. I couldn't disagree more, to be honest. And he comes from a big, big, old school Cuban family. It makes all the sense of I might not even surprise even a little bit by this decision. I have a question, you know what, I thought about it more and I'm even more right by the way. Hold on, hold on, can you puse your question? Remember, because I think you're gonna forget?
Speaker 4: Why do you think?
Speaker 1: Why do you think I'm gonna forget? Remember when we grew up, there was things like.
Speaker 2: Block parties and family reunions, things that like barely exist. It's so tough to get people together nowadays, Like when's the last time you had a real family reunion? Last time I think we had a real family reunion. My family's only been in this country for like sixty years, maybe like in the eight like eighty something, nineteen eighty something at a park. Okay, seriously, this this family held you blay whiffleball against your uncle Fetessey time.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Somehow is able to gather eight one hundred their family men every four years, and they're committed to it.
Speaker 1: That was it. They don't need to get together in a special moment. That goes to show you in a world where where so hard.
Speaker 2: It's so hard to get together with family, they still manage to do that, proving this is we've known this prior to this, this story today, proving how close they are.
Speaker 1: So nobody should be surprised by this.
Speaker 2: That's actually a wonderful thing in today's world, that this guy's choosing family instead of the limelight of being there in Pittsburgh. That's how I see it. It's one hundred percent how I see it. All Right, we got we got a squeeze call?
Speaker 4: Is the true?
Speaker 1: Your mom just texted you? That's my boy.
Speaker 2: No, she can't text on a I don't know how to do. My mom holds the phone because a hot potato. You know, I said, I I thought of something else, and it maybe even more right. Let me tell you why I'm even more right.
Speaker 1: No one's agreeing with you.
Speaker 2: You gotta tell you why I'm even more right. Maybe in your mind you're right, I'm more right. And then we'll take the phone calls. We have last one standing. But here's my final point. Dan Bayer said it and it didn't even dawn on you knuckleheads, you fools.
Speaker 1: There's no mystery.
Speaker 2: Part of the joy of the family would be like, oh my god, is uh is he gonna get picked in the second round with the thirty knife pick the ravens choose, and it's like, oh my god, it happened to get the phone call? That might be these these uh, these moments of surprise, these moments of mystery.
Speaker 4: It doesn't have to be a surprise party.
Speaker 2: But Danny, I'm saying, those moments of of of pure surprise, and you, Bilee, happened when you when who's the greatest player in the NFL right now, right now? Patrick Mahomes arguablyieh, where was he when when you got drifted? Who gives it diddly squat. My point is when there's a mystery, there might be a cool thing, like you're with your family, the tears happy. It's Oh my god, I'm gonna be a ram Oh my god, I'm gonna be a seahawk. We everyone in his family in the world knows he's gonna be a raider. Go hold up to Jersey, Hunt the commissioner.
Speaker 4: All right, we got phone quickly here Rich the trucker is driving through Georgia.
Speaker 3: Budd Hey, guys, how are we doing so quick? I was I married into a family. My father in law was a Puerto Rican and I went to my first family reunion, and let's just say there was at least one hundred and fifty there. So I think the Latin community is gonna be I think Rich is wrong on this one.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, he have his fly Cubano party in Miami. Man, Miami's gonna go wild for this guy.
Speaker 4: All right, we have time for one more call before we get the last one standing.
Speaker 2: You guys keep saying Cuban. What I so badly want a nice Cuban sandwich? How good is that? So?
Speaker 4: I asked Riches daydreaming about Portos. Alright, let's talk. Let's suck to Carly in Illinois.
Speaker 2: Carly, I'm I'm thinking about Sophia Vergara. Rich is thinking about sandwiches.
Speaker 10: Car casino, right, rich family comes to worst first. Always just because you're out with your kids playing ball, you think that makes you the best stats in the world. Now, I think they're going to grow up and walk away from you. Wait and see how it feels. Wait until they walk away and they move away and you can't see in this office they knew he was going to be number one at Indiana when Brady was there.
Speaker 1: No, I think he's got to be. I think this is right on point, right on brand.
Speaker 2: It shows why he's different and why he's special and why we love him because of decisions like this. All right, so your thoughts want to get to everybody, but we can't. We got to play this game. Hit us up at Coveno and Rich or hit us live at Covino and Rich FSR on YouTube. We got to do last Ones standing next, we'll.
Speaker 1: Play right here on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: Some people have a Starbucks order depending on their mood. In the morning, I'm all about the vanilla sweet cream Culbert. That's been my drink the weekend. You might want something different.
Speaker 1: Here's deal.
Speaker 2: Afternoons have a new go to because Starbucks just launched their new Energy Refreshers and they are the perfect drink for people I guess who host an afternoon show, Dude House mind this pink one Pink Energy Drink Refresher. Starbucks flavors everyone already loves, like the Strawberry Asie Pink Drink and Dragon and Drink. Now with the added boost of caffeine and B vitamins, plus you try new flavors like the Mango Strawberry Energy Refresher or the Mango Dream Energy Drink. They're bright, fruity and super refreshing when the afternoon hits. They really do taste great. We're actually enjoying them right now as we speak to you guys. It's given us just the right boost for the show today. Whatever your flavor is, Starbucks Energy Refreshers are exactly what you need to power your day. So in that afternoon slow down kicks in, head to Starbucks. Try one of these or order one right now on the Starbucks app.
Speaker 7: Fox Sports Radio is taking over YouTube and you can be a part of it. Just go to YouTube and search Fox Sports Radio, hit that subscribe button and smash that notification bell and catch all the videos from your favorite shows, Two Pros and a Cup of Joe, Dan Patrick, Colin Cowherd, Stu Godsond Company Live, Cavino and Rich, The Odd Couple with Rob Parker and Kelvin Washington, A Jason Smith Show with Mike Harmon, and The Ben Maller Show.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio on YouTube. Subscribe, hit that thumbs up icon and comment.
Speaker 2: Away, Hi, Fernando, we are CNR on FSR live from the Fox Sports Radio Studio. And does your afternoon need a boost? Like Rich Davis, This guy's fired up. Oh boy, you gotta try the new Starbucks Energy Refreshers.
Speaker 1: The Starbucks refreshers.
Speaker 2: You love now with the added boost of caffeine to power your afternoon. Get your favorite flavor, or try the new Mango Strawberry Energy Refresher or Mango Dream Energy Drink. Get the new Energy Refreshers as Starbucks today.
Speaker 1: Or order one on the app. Danny G.
Speaker 2: Before we play less one sending, I have to ask you as we played, Fernando, when are we get in this? The draft is when a couple of weeks away, end of April, two weeks from Thursday, I think the day of the draft. Did you not promise that you would do Danny g Fernando.
Speaker 4: Carryott know if I promised that you said that was going to happen after the.
Speaker 1: Draft, Fernando karaoke.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the arge.
Speaker 2: It's pretty fitting. You got your guy. You're the resident Raiders fan, Danny Hey. I also said though, that Fernando might be the guy that pushes me over the edge to be a Raiders fan. Yeah, we'll see what happens, man, We'll see.
Speaker 1: I'll step one. You love the new family, go hey.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what if Colin Cowher didn't steal him as our guest, I was gonna make that deal with him, Like, dude, I'm your guy, I'm your out. You can make me a Raiders fan. Let's do this right now. Well, you know we're gonna do right now.
Speaker 1: We're gonna play Last one Standing.
Speaker 8: Hit it Sam, you have five seconds to battle for your sports trivia lot n. Put your electronic devices down and pick your sports knowledge.
Speaker 2: It's CNRS Last one standing, Last one standing.
Speaker 4: All right, I have four categories ready to go if needed a tiebreaker. Each contestant gets five seconds to stay alive in the round. If you run out of time or you answer incorrectly, Iowa Sam takes you out with his famous buzzer. You don't want to hear that. We keep battling until you are the last one standing. If you win two of the rounds, you are the top dog. Let's meet the contestants. Thirteen time winner Steve Cavino right over there. Yeah, let's go next to him, the very amped up nineteen time winner, now Rich Davis.
Speaker 1: I'm ready to go home.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not as close as I thought though, to Dan Byer, because he actually has forty two wins under his bellow.
Speaker 1: Somebody stopped there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's like Robinson, He's like Michigan in the Turnam. Don't ever compare them to Michigan, Danny. You just see, it's fine. I can be ukon.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: Maybe I lose today, that's fine.
Speaker 1: Just don't get that.
Speaker 4: He's in Ohio state. Guy. All right, let's go to the studio lines to see who's playing for ceeing our prize. Brian, just outside Fort Myers, Florida, was the first through Brian, Brian, Bryan on the Thank you, Brian, what do you do for living there in Florida? I do see.
Speaker 3: We're going from Long Island and I'm forty seven and you guys just nostalgic.
Speaker 6: You guys talk about everything I missed.
Speaker 2: Let'll tell you what forty seven originally from Long Island. I feel like we would have been pals at it for life, but we're pals now. Let's get for those of you keeping scored at home. Rich is from Franklin Square, Long Island.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right. By by the way, Spot is here as our veteran fact checker today and I still hate it. Great, we'll see it today. Still a lot of anxiety for Sunny. All right. When I say your name, clock is gonna start first category two seventy five and better. You have five seconds to name an MLB player who led the MLB and batting average in twenty twenty five, so last season. Hang on, hold on, hold on, Yeah, I say your name when it's your turn. Okay, we're going to take the top the top thirty five things ever changed, Covino, We start with you right now.
Speaker 1: Go, I'm going with call the judge and get some fudge. Aaron Judder What three thirty one?
Speaker 4: Hell yeah, Rich.
Speaker 1: Arrives.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's on there for sure. It's been a while.
Speaker 1: Guys, are there, Yeah.
Speaker 4: He's there. Sorry, dB, that was going to be my pick in there. I don't know. Oh Tony oh.
Speaker 11: Tani show Hey yeah neverwy five to eighty two show Hey, oh tany All right, Brian, Now it's your turn. Kwan Sodo nonimalists to the top thirty five?
Speaker 4: Wow, alright, Covino.
Speaker 11: Fernando Tatis, Fernando Nope what No?
Speaker 2: Sorry you mean the greatest comic game ball player. Oh but you're still in all right? Rich, not for long.
Speaker 4: Don't worry if you get this one, probably good.
Speaker 11: Bobachett is number two, three eleven, all right, dB, Corey Seeger, Cory Seger, nonemallest, the Rich, Freddy Freeman, Freddy Yep number nine ninety five.
Speaker 2: But that's why this game is so aggravating, because Rich is my witness, and I'm only doing this not to justify, because that's what Rich does.
Speaker 1: I'm doing this.
Speaker 2: People all know how the game works. What did I have written down right there? Freddy Freeman?
Speaker 4: How about some of the other names we know they're spot.
Speaker 11: Let's see rounding out the top five we have. I'm sorry, I don't know. My numbers are all over the place. George Springer three oh nine, good, Jeremy Opinia three oh four. Let's see who else.
Speaker 2: I remember we talked about how so few guys batted over three hundred last year, So this was a good category.
Speaker 4: Mean it was a record lowwife think yeah, all right, Let's go to the second category. Riches on the board so far decades of dominance. You have five seconds to name an NBA team who leads the association in most playoff wins since the year two thousand. Yeah, two thousand, most playoff wins since two thousand. We'll take the top seventeen. Do you go in reverse order? So Brian, you're up first, starting, come on, the timer starts right now, and Sam, he said, the Spurs.
Speaker 11: Alright, number three with one fifty one, All right, Buyer Cavaliers Calves have one hundred and eight rich, the Lakers, the Lakers, one hundred and fifty.
Speaker 4: One, number two.
Speaker 11: Cono, the Warriors, the Warriors number five, one hundred and eighteen. Back to Brian, Miami Heat, the Heat, number four, Buyer Celtics number one, one fifty seven rich not lately, but the Dallas Mavericks Mavericks YEP number seven with ninety seven Cono, son of a bee, not a.
Speaker 1: Where are they from going?
Speaker 11: Two one, Phoenix y YEP number thirteen seventy nice Poul.
Speaker 4: Bryan Denver says the nugget.
Speaker 11: YEP number eleven seventy five. Buyer, Denver, I'm gonna say the thunder thunder under YEP number nine eighty nine, rich.
Speaker 4: Three.
Speaker 11: Crazy guess, but I think the Clippers might be on this list, and you would be wrong.
Speaker 4: They just off the top seventeen. Cono.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 2: Thought after that was a good guest because I was like, we forget that. They they're always sort of in it. They just can't get it done.
Speaker 4: They're number eighteen.
Speaker 11: Covenoronow YEP number seventeen.
Speaker 4: They are the cutoff. Yeah, Brian, the Nuggets.
Speaker 1: Already you already said Denver.
Speaker 11: He said, Denver, you said Houston Rockets, Yeah, fifteen sixty one.
Speaker 4: Buyer, I'm gonna say seventy six ers.
Speaker 11: You would be correct that with seventy two.
Speaker 4: Yes, nice poll.
Speaker 6: There were some lean years process of.
Speaker 4: The great years.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, I mean you're not leaving me with much in.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Stalliniana there all right back to Brian.
Speaker 4: Left with one.
Speaker 11: But all right, man.
Speaker 4: You around buyer and cove Now Buyer, I'm gonna say three two the Bucks.
Speaker 11: You would be correct.
Speaker 4: Look at that.
Speaker 1: There's two teams left. There's two left if you get one of them, are you putting down on the spot?
Speaker 4: Come on three? Two? Nabe Team Detroit one.
Speaker 1: Oh god, that's it. That's seventy.
Speaker 4: Wow, that was gonna be my pack.
Speaker 1: There's one left?
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 9: One?
Speaker 4: The left fire three? The Raptors already one? Last guest out Cove gets that round. When was the last one left? The last one?
Speaker 1: That was the nets? That's right. It was a good five.
Speaker 4: What a battle that category was. Look I had Piston, Okay, Rich, Rich and Coveno. They are on the board. As we go to the third category, six in the hole, you have five seconds to name an MLB team who has already lost six or more games this season. Thirteen teams on the board, six losses or more. Coveno, you're first starting right.
Speaker 1: Now, go they're both in red socks.
Speaker 4: Eight total.
Speaker 1: Rich the San Francisco Giants.
Speaker 4: The Giants have seven losses?
Speaker 11: Yeah, sorry, eight eight loss Yeah. Buyer Orioles Orioles, yep, have six. Brian Athletics yep.
Speaker 4: Six Back to Coveno. Dang it?
Speaker 11: Uh The Cardinals Cardinals, Uh none of the US.
Speaker 1: Rich the Colorado Rockies.
Speaker 11: The Rockies are on the list Blue Jays. Blue Jays also have six. Bryan White White Sox also have six. Nice Rich.
Speaker 1: I think the Cubbies have struggled a little bit.
Speaker 11: Cubbies also have six. Buyer at the sixers, Pirates, Pirates, none of the less, Bryan.
Speaker 9: Uh Man, you guys are playing.
Speaker 11: Mariners yep seven, good ball Rich, Angels, Angels, none of the less.
Speaker 4: Actually, you're halfway to a prize pack.
Speaker 11: You guys missed the Royals, Twins, Tigers and Nationals.
Speaker 2: Nationals is a gimmey. We blew that one. They're four and six.
Speaker 4: We have a three way tie between Covino, Rich and Brian. We go to the fourth category, high volume. You have five seconds to name an NBA player who leads the association in scoring this season, highest average per game. Going to take the top twenty Brian, You're gonna be a first starting right now.
Speaker 9: Go Jalen Bronson.
Speaker 11: Jalen YEP twenty six a game, number nine, Buyer Luca, Luca number one.
Speaker 4: Uno thirty five, thirty three point five.
Speaker 11: Kate Cunningham cad YEP fourteen with twenty four point five Coveno SGA SGA at number two thirty one point four.
Speaker 4: Back to Brian Mittal from the Cavs Let's twenty.
Speaker 11: Seven point eight number eight, dB Tyre's Maxi Tyree YEP number five, twenty eight point four. Rich Jannis Yannie is asked on it or not not on the list?
Speaker 12: Oh yeah, Yoka, sorry man Yo, get just off the list twenty eight.
Speaker 4: Back to Brian, what do you say, Jaylen Brown? Yeah, twenty eight point seven.
Speaker 11: Nice bowl Buyer, Anthony Edwards number three, twenty eight point nine, Covino three, Cooper flag nonetheless, Ah, Brian.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go with Cory.
Speaker 4: Uh none lest DVD gets that round. So we have a four way tie. That means we're gonna get the update and then when we come back after that we will do the tie break.
Speaker 1: Perfect. Hey ty Brian, damn buyer. What's going on?
Speaker 4: Man, guys?
Speaker 6: A lot going on in Major League Baseball started the day with the Guardians walking off the Royals two to one. Rich your Mets still trailing three to two to the Diamondbacks in Queens, the Orioles rallied for three of the eighth, including a two run shot by Gunner Henderson. They topped the White Sox by a score of four to two. By the way, I couldn't look at these scores because I didn't want to cheat on the records that we had, so I tried to be as honest as I could. Cub spitcher Cad Horton's going to miss the rest of the season. He needs Tommy John surgery. Does your afternoon need a boost? Try the new Starbucks Energy Refreshers. The Starbucks Refreshers you love now with an added boost of caffeine to power your afternoon. Get your favorite flavor. Try the new Mango Strawberry Energy Refresher or Mango Dream Energy Drink. Get the new Energy Refreshers at Starbucks today or order one right now on the app. Talked about it earlier for Nna Mendoz and not going to the NFL Draft instead, he will stay and celebrate in Miami with his family and friends. North Carolina is giving new men's basketball coach Michael Malona six year deal worth fifty million dollars. The eight point three million dollar annual salary for Malone second in college basketball according to ESPN, behind only Bill Self of Kansas, defending Master's champion am McIlroy will begin his defensive as Green Jacket on Thursday morning, ten thirty one Eastern Time, is when.
Speaker 4: He teas off at AUGUSTA. Guys, back to you, Thank you, dB.
Speaker 2: We're going to play the final round of Last One Standing next and hey more Coveno and Rich right here on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: Every sports season built on preparation, studying the trends and making the necessary adjustments to reach the ultimate goal. Investing deserves that same approach, which is why we tell you, guys about we Bowl. You have access to real time market data, advanced tools, and an intuitive app designed to help make informed decisions, whether you're actively trading stocks, options, ETFs and more, or planning for the long term for you and your family with iras, cash management and custodio accounts for children.
Speaker 1: We will give you the tools to invest your way.
Speaker 4: All on one platform you're looking.
Speaker 2: If you're looking to take preparation to the next level, check out we Boll's Learn resource app. Join their InApp community fee to discuss investing trends and happenings alongside twenty five million users globally and now to help streamline your trading activities and elevate your strategy. Try Vega we Both's personal market AI assistant that could give real time analysis, watch list insights and alerts when earning drop. So get your financial portfolio game ready by downloading the wee bol app today or visiting we bowl dot com we.
Speaker 5: Both Financial LLC member SIPC FENRA Investing involves risk. For more information, visit whee bul dot com slash disclosures.
Speaker 2: This is a heated four people still in last one standing.
Speaker 1: This is for all the Tostitos.
Speaker 2: Covino and Rich Line from the Fox Sports Radio studio, and we're extra fired up today, especially Rich. This guy can't control himself thanks to new Starbucks Energy drinks, the new Energy Refreshers.
Speaker 1: So if your afternoon needs a boost, this is what you need.
Speaker 2: Starbucks Refreshers you love now with added boosts of caffeine.
Speaker 4: To power your afternoon.
Speaker 2: Get your favorite flavor or try the new Mango Strawberry Energy Refresher or Mango Dream Energy Drink Mungo. Remember Mango, Remember on SNL Mango Mango. Get the new Energy refreshers as Starbucks today or order one right now.
Speaker 4: On the app.
Speaker 1: All right, we have a final round to play don't we.
Speaker 4: Ready to do this?
Speaker 1: Best one standing? I think?
Speaker 4: I think. Get Brian, who's just outside of Fort Myers, Florida, back on the line. B Brian, you ready for overtime?
Speaker 3: I am right.
Speaker 4: Here we go. Yeah, it's the tie break. Whoever comes closest, just buzz in with your name when you think you're ready. Across three World Series? What was the great lou BROCKX batting average? I got it, I'll talk about it. He was, he was in three World Series? What was his batting average?
Speaker 9: I have to write it down here?
Speaker 1: Uh no, but you know what, we're going to write it down so we know that. So no, this.
Speaker 2: Just so you know we're not bs, and I'll write down my number. That way you could get first. Obviously, lou Brock known for his speed, so yeah, definitely Crownie legs.
Speaker 4: But I moved just like louke Brock with speed.
Speaker 1: He's agile. Alright, dB, got your you got an answer?
Speaker 4: Three seventy seven.
Speaker 1: I wrote down, Well, hold on, what does our listeners say here?
Speaker 4: Oh? What do you say? Bright?
Speaker 9: Nine?
Speaker 4: Three oh nine?
Speaker 6: Nine?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 2: I wrote down three forty. I wrote down three oh three. He's definitely a three hundred sort of batter with that speed in the World Series. Luke Rock's batting average, that's my guest, three out of three yeah.
Speaker 4: Three ninety one. Wow, buyer is the winner. Seventy I quit this game.
Speaker 7: I hate this.
Speaker 1: That is his forty Is that forty four?
Speaker 4: Now? No, forty three? Yeah, it's only forty three. Sorry, I'm trying to make up for the Michigan comment.
Speaker 2: Do you happen to know his lifetime batting average off off the top of the let's see.
Speaker 4: I'll look it up right now. But here's a crazy stat. He picked up a record thirteen hits in the nineteen sixty eight Fall Classic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what, that's just everybody else.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 2: Great job, buddy, great John, Brian. You were a lot of fun to play with. Yeah, you could play again another time.
Speaker 3: Guys were awesome.
Speaker 9: I love it.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Ryan, you did a great job today. Thank you. Great job Rock Brock.
Speaker 2: You know, three thousand hits two ninety three, yeah, lifetime, So you know, that's just a poor guest on my part, I said three to zero three. World Series should have went higher. Dan Beyer, great guests, man, Yeah, you were you were more on par there three twenty three career hits.
Speaker 4: And we had the players of interviewing lu Bronc.
Speaker 1: That is true.
Speaker 2: You know how we've interviewed lou Brock before he passed away. We were in the studio and they go, do you guys want lou Brock on of course, Kavino and I was big baseball fans, like, yeah, sure the hell.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It was to the All Star Game years ago and it was Luke Brock was promoting steal a bass, steal a taco for Taco.
Speaker 1: Bell and he kept saying it over and over like.
Speaker 2: He was in promo and We're like telling all these great He's telling us all these great old school stories like yeah, and then I was in the World Series or was nineteen seventy. By the way, if you steal a bae, steal a taco, but he can't steal the base, steal the taco.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's great that.
Speaker 2: It was really cool though, being in the presence of a legend like lou Brock. But man, tell us about the Cardinals. They tell us behind the scenes, Well, man, I played with some great players. But know what I've always said, steal the base, stealing taco. It was honestly, it was a real pleasure and eating a legend throwing this out there too. This I don't know if I'm wrong here I have his rookie. Is he on the same car? And notice now, who's all with Tommy John? You know how they would have two people on one carder? You know whose rookie car was like that? Ozzie Smith was on a rookie card with someone?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Was it Terry Pendleton? Who wasn't Ozzie Smith?
Speaker 4: Also?
Speaker 2: But I have lou Bronx's Rookie. I'm pretty certain, am I lose my mind? Was Ozzie Smith on a card with someone? His tops rookie was just him? Ozzie was on a card with someone right? Anyway, thank you guys for playing along. Last one standing. We normally do that on Mondays, but we had Big Poppy yesterday so we switched it around. But every day we're giving away prize is having a good time and appreciate all the feedback.
Speaker 4: Today. Now there's a few things going on. Let's keep our fingers crossed for the.
Speaker 2: News tonight, right, world news, and let's enjoy some baseball and I want your thoughts on this.
Speaker 4: Fernando Mendoza thing, because.
Speaker 2: Sometimes the unpopular decision is the right decision. Yeah, he's staying home with his family as opposed to going to Pittsburgh for the NFL Draft.
Speaker 1: Are you opposed to.
Speaker 2: If this is the case, if he is staying behind? I mean that was the honest Don't you think the Mendoza family needs to really do some cool bonus footage of where like cameras are there, but also fun interviews and they do like features, Like there's gotta be something because if he's like the name of this draft, it can't just be like, yeah, there he is sitting with his uncle and number one he's like, hey, he thumbs up. I think they need to have like a notable reporter there where they're doing. Like maybe I'm not saying a game with him, but you know what I'm saying, Like there needs to be something a little more there. Yeah, this guy, like with the presentation of the jersey and like it needs to have a little little pizzazz with lack of a better word, No, bezaz is a great word, man, I know, I don't know, I can't think of many words better than pizzazz.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what I think about that? Tonight. I will see you guys tomorrow. Have a great night.
Speaker 2: Enjoy It's a Tuesday, little baseball, little NBA, and that means MIDWEK Major tomorrow, no doubt, have a great one. Until then, enjoy your Tuesday. Rid baby the promise. Thank you, Fox Sports Radio Nation