Speaker 1: Yeah, it's something y'all was going on.
Speaker 2: But drink.
Speaker 1: He's a legendary Queen's rapper. Hey has greed as your boy? You know, I E he's a Miami hip hop pioneer. What Up is dj E f N?
Speaker 3: Together they drink it up with some of the biggest players in music and sports.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? The most professional, unprofessional podcast and your number one source for drum factors. This is Drinks Champion Rado. Every day is New Year's Eve. That's hey, hey, sagree? Hold its not being us your boy again? What Up? Is dj E f N?
Speaker 4: And is Drinks Chance Moll the fucking podcast? And right now we have our first active athlete. We've had many office and plenty of people who came and said they wanted to come and sit down with the drink Champs and and but this is our first active and he's.
Speaker 1: A champion and Latino and Latino in Puerto Rican. I was going, I was gonna, I was gonna vite back.
Speaker 4: Joe and just make you Puerto Rican out today, And then I thought.
Speaker 1: So he's Puerto Rican.
Speaker 4: He's a champion thirty three and old knocked out people in their own courts and they own hood goes anywhere about to have the biggest fight of his life. I see them destroy Mattissa. I seen him have two fights with Eric Morales. I seen him go in go crazy. I'm a huge fan. Right now in the building, we.
Speaker 1: Got Danny Garcia makes up.
Speaker 4: Nah man, you're first active athlete man, you know what I mean. And you're gonna make You're gonna make us look so good because we go because we know our ship.
Speaker 1: But we're gonna get to the to the to the.
Speaker 4: Beginning of the beginnings of Danny Garcia. How did how did you first develop your love for boxing?
Speaker 5: When I was a kid, I just love playing sports.
Speaker 1: You feel me.
Speaker 5: I played all sports, but I was a sore loser, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Not the way you throw, I'm sorry to cut you off, but the way you throw your right hand. I feel like he was a short stop, outfield or put at one point, because you throw it like you throw it like you're throwing them.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, with you're right, like I'm inaccurate.
Speaker 6: You know the box is just to be honest, this is natural to me, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: Like when I was when I was young, I played every sport. I played baseball, I played I played football, I played.
Speaker 1: Basketball, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: But like I said, I was a sore loser, so I hate losing. I would blame I would be mad at my teammates from not being too good, you know what I mean, Because I was that was good, you know what I mean. But when I stepped in the boxing gym, I just started hitting the bag and it just felt so easy to me.
Speaker 1: It was like, and it's just you, it's not exact.
Speaker 5: It was like it was like, this is what I want to do, you know what I mean? Exactly, I can't blame nobody if I lose.
Speaker 4: So because box is like similar to rapping, Like no matter how many people that can come with me to the studio, there's only one person who could perform the record, right, you know what I'm saying. No matter how many people I got on stage, it's only one person that could really, Like crowd is looking at.
Speaker 5: It's real because it's like you got to anthorize walk where they walk you in the ring, you know what I mean. As soon as you walk in the ring, they're like aur homie, like you.
Speaker 1: Got it now, you make us look good? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: So it's like at the end of the day, it's like it's a one man is a one man gag.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: This is someone Yeah, your heighte man can't fight for you. May could be there to be in the corner, like when you go in the corner, but you can't fight for you.
Speaker 1: So you being thirty three and old right now? Yeap, what made you take this Keith Dermott fight. Do y'all know each other? Because I feel like y'all for I.
Speaker 5: Know from the amateur you know, yeah, did you never fought him?
Speaker 1: An image? Okay? Cool?
Speaker 5: But like my going in the boxing world was to be a two division like two division world championship, division world champion. I unified one hundred and forty pound week class. I have did two divisions yea, yeah, I won the one forty one forty seven pounds wats away champion, but I unified one forty I was the champion of all belt. So I said, I came to one for what he said. I want to do the same thing. So he got a belt and I want it. I need it. What does it mean to unify the belt? Unified means you the number one guy in the division. You got the belts belt, you know, I mean.
Speaker 1: You that's what we're do.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yo, But I'm not gonna lie Garcia.
Speaker 4: You you my man, A big fan of you and at all the fights, Like I thought the Matisa fight was dangerous.
Speaker 1: I thought that was dangerous. I knew you was kind of gonna.
Speaker 5: You know, skip through the Judah American too.
Speaker 4: No, No, he was just like I was waiting for the left the whole time. I was just waiting. I was, I was rolling blushed, just like waiting for the left. As soon as the left come, like you exposed his glass. I'm sorry Americans, but a big up to Montster energy drink. Fir some energy drink with calling on it. But that's that's okay. But for me, I think this is your most dangerous about to day because you know, to me, remind each other in style.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we both good punches, you know what I mean. But like me, I don't. I don't feel that way, you know what I mean. I just feel like like.
Speaker 1: I earned my spine of boxing world.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean, Like you did, Like I'll be all odds like I've been the underdog mostly Amir Conn was under dog. Lucas Matis. I was just in Porto Rican always go with sometimes, but I just feel like, man, to be honest with you, he was like he was He's brought up the good way, you know what I mean, Like he never had to go against the odds, Like he never been in a fight where he was the underdog, you know what I mean. Yeah, because his last fight with Porter, that was his biggest fight.
Speaker 1: And it's arguably bigger fights in that A.
Speaker 4: Lot of people say that, people who think that Sean Porter kind of one that yeah, that was the decision.
Speaker 5: It was he a boy like pointed to Oh yeah, it was unanimous though, but it was a closing Enemis, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Because but a lot of people do point out that they think that Sean Porter won.
Speaker 1: They could have won either way.
Speaker 5: It was one of them fights where you can't be mad either a person one.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean. You I'm not a Sean Porter know.
Speaker 5: That, You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Is there any fight you ever had and people who criticize you saying maybe yeah.
Speaker 5: All which one the Peterson fight people thought, you know yeah, but I feel like, you know, you can't fight three rounds and you can't just close it off, you know what I mean. You gotta fight from round one to round one to the end, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: And that's how you score a fight.
Speaker 5: If you tune in from the tenth round on, you probably thought you won, you know what I mean, because you're getting off, but you got.
Speaker 1: Count every single round.
Speaker 5: And then the championship fight, you just can't come to try to edge out of victory over the world champion.
Speaker 1: What I mean, So let's say that world champion, we got the world You've got.
Speaker 4: Drink champs with the world champs, and our first boxer is Puerto Rican.
Speaker 1: It's very racist here.
Speaker 4: That's why I every morning, man, you get a Cuban boxer.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about.
Speaker 5: I'm supposed to get to Cuban. They everything was booked. I was supposed to do up, but I don't know died though, So they're not letting nobody in the country. Everybody, my mother in law and everybody who had visas and all that, and Peyton they was ain't sorry, but.
Speaker 1: I think she's a Cuban citizen.
Speaker 4: What you make when you see that, Danny, you being a Puerto Weecan and you see that this Fidel Castro passed away, and it's like mixed reviews. Some people are celebrating and some people are like, no, that's it's messed up. What do you?
Speaker 1: What do you? What are you staying on your political views?
Speaker 5: Like to be honest with you, I like, I'm not from Cuba. I don't know what then people go through you know what I mean? Like, so I really don't know, you know, as far as like you know, I know the communist country, I don't really know, you know, they so the country is so private that I don't know what they feel about it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: It's like, I'm not from there.
Speaker 5: But if you probably ask, like you know, a Cuban boxer and he a person who vins in Cuba and America, then he could probably you know means, but.
Speaker 1: You being Cuban b how did you feel?
Speaker 4: Because I know your parents raised trying to hate castus, my grandparents.
Speaker 3: I was happy for them more than anything because they got closure.
Speaker 1: Now, you know, because they went through ship. We didn't go through it. They went through it.
Speaker 4: So you think it's gonna be like a democracy now, but it's not gonna in a w because.
Speaker 1: I'm coming now. Trump is gonna put Trump Towers there. I might stay at the Trump Tower.
Speaker 3: Definitely, something's gonna change because he was such a strong symbol in that country that that's what kept it together for so long. But once he's gone and the people it's already opened up because Obama opened it, they're not gonna let that ship go back.
Speaker 5: So bigger ideas the hotel there telling me.
Speaker 1: We just we need some good hotels out there, right, So Danny gotta see it.
Speaker 4: You you out here stomping, you doing what you gotta do. One thing that I admire is you keep your father around.
Speaker 1: He's not here today. I want to try to get hit you here on.
Speaker 4: Friday, I try to get a d but he's and your father feels like every time you had a problem, he had a problem.
Speaker 1: Man. Listen, he's more like your brother.
Speaker 5: Yeah. We like we Batman and Robbins, you know what I mean, so like partners in crime. Like a lot of people can't like me and my pop. The relationship we have a lot of other people.
Speaker 1: Don't have like me and my pop.
Speaker 5: We go to the club together fifty three years old, right, We party with women I'm like, that's my pop.
Speaker 1: Will be like no time, I'm your dad. You know what I mean.
Speaker 5: It's just like we man were cool man, we just be living port.
Speaker 1: Your grandfather god right by Portman grad father.
Speaker 4: He's like seventy seventy nine eighty eighty at this time.
Speaker 1: We go to this party and ship. So he's sitting there. He goes your poppy, like, what's up? He goes, you hooked me up with the girl in red and I'm like, this is your grandfather, this is.
Speaker 4: My grandfa, my real Querto Rican grand my real grandfather.
Speaker 1: He goes hook me up with the girl in the red. I'm like, yo, your fucking wife is right here. He goes, she know speaking al.
Speaker 4: Your quar Wecan, you holding to the day, you know, the querto Ricans being.
Speaker 1: Genuine. He got what's that shit called when you lose your mind? All times?
Speaker 4: When he got all times right, the family kept saying, damn you know, he kept he kept losing them. But every time the woman from the family left, all my uncles was like, how the fuck he got?
Speaker 1: All times?
Speaker 4: He keep winding up at his bitch carib He too, he's winding up at a chick crib. So let's big up to the Puerto Ricans were doing that. But yo, I really admire you for keeping your father around. Most people would have got to a certain extent and say, you know what, let me get a trainer or professional trainer, or even if they did do that, they were they would have set your possibly training too.
Speaker 1: It's not training.
Speaker 5: I mean I could have been to that, but me, like, it's not about chemistry, you know what I mean. You can have a good trainer, but you have no chemistry. And this is gonna show in the ring. And at the end of the day, you know what I mean, we been we had none before, you feel me, So this is all we we just it's all a profit for us right now. So for me to have another trainer and feed somebody else and don't make no sense.
Speaker 1: You don't even keep the money in the family.
Speaker 4: And like together, he talked to you in that corner, like when y'all on the streets or just walking around, he got your back.
Speaker 1: But when you when you actually go to.
Speaker 4: That corner, he's he's not telling you something that a trainer shouldn't tell you.
Speaker 1: So it's not it's not even looking like.
Speaker 4: It's coming from a father's perspective, it's looking like.
Speaker 1: Coming from a father, that's a trainer's perspective.
Speaker 5: He always gives you the right advice, like shaking me in the face, like you my mind.
Speaker 1: I be thinking I'm an expert and ship you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So I'll be like yo when he go to the corner, and I'd be like, damn, pop said exactly what like you know what I'm saying. And just as a boxing fan and as a person, yeah, this is Elliot Wilson trained. Just they hate us. They pay you every time you get somebody good to have a train come by. But that's okay. We checked the charts today. They were like number nineteen. It's a big, big them up though, man, big dim up. But so yeah, you keep your father around. You just had a daughter, correct eulation.
Speaker 5: Congratulations fifteen months fifteen months.
Speaker 1: There, let's make some noise for that. God damnits got big up, its blunker.
Speaker 4: We just got a fits barker, you big up fifteen speak fift TV.
Speaker 1: I just found it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like that Cally, I thought he wasn't working this whole time.
Speaker 1: I thought that shirt was let's big up to the people.
Speaker 4: I thought it was sperm is bad and sunny Dan is sweating because he knows he's nine hundred with no kids, so he knows he's one of them who's sperm just doesn't work.
Speaker 1: Your souldiers gave up a long time ago. Your soul just gave up.
Speaker 4: There an earthquake, you got I'm out, I got snipped. You got snipped in nobody. So this is the first time being a father.
Speaker 1: Is my friends.
Speaker 5: Child? Wow, Philly Philly Garcia.
Speaker 4: Now Philly sounds like a cool name before you said Philly under the Murder.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, that's what I was telling my friends.
Speaker 5: I was, but I was telling my friends and I was like, yeah, I'm a name. I'm the name of my daughter. Philly is like, man, I don't know, man, I'm thinking about the hood. I'm like, that's because that's where we're from, right, Philly is a nice place, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: If you I've got I'm not sure if I.
Speaker 5: Mean you got the history Philly still, I got the house outside of Philly, but I just personally moved that, like I just moved to Florida. Yeah, you gotta get the it's crazy, right, So we get.
Speaker 1: A lot of love from Philly. No more market the whole. They know they're crazy, ain't many.
Speaker 5: So I trained in Philly, and I try to be out here between fights as much as I can.
Speaker 1: But yeah, man, Philly kids, I die.
Speaker 4: You're saying you're gonna live here, but even when you go back to train, you're gonna go back to Philly the train.
Speaker 5: Yeah, of course, man, I gotta keep that hunger, that's all I mean. Philly is like, you know, like that's against all ours right there. So I gotta keep that hunger, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: That's what keeps me.
Speaker 5: The grittiness, you know what I mean, The toughness is what keeps me at my best, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Don disertect the Florida. But when you when you go why did you see palm trees?
Speaker 5: You'll get the same hungery.
Speaker 1: You you don't see a row home. You don't want to.
Speaker 4: You don't want to bite a pit bull. You got a job with wacky Johns up the sticks and say.
Speaker 5: You know that scene Philly, you go jogging down the block, they busting on your first You know.
Speaker 1: What part of Florida you move to? I plantation? Okay, but what part of Philly. Are you from.
Speaker 5: I'm from North Philly, North phil Pe d Crack Badlands, from what they call.
Speaker 1: It Bay Route. I heard him say that Bay Ruth.
Speaker 5: That might be his block.
Speaker 1: I think that's Osquino's block. I'm getting confused because it threw different kind of North Phillies.
Speaker 5: You got the Puerto Rican side, you got the Black side, I mean, and you grew up on the Puerto Rican side.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm in the Puerto Rican side.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: P D Crack grew up one. He's in the Porto Rican Badlands. Yeah, okay, yeah, yeah, from the bad Mansquinos.
Speaker 1: From Bay Yeah. Man, Philly is crazy, man, you gotta be you gotta be happy for Meek Mill though, Oh hell yeah?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 4: How did you feel? How did you feel during like him and Drake's.
Speaker 5: I mean, I think it was good for hip hop. I just you know, he just wasn't in shape at that time for that, you know what I mean. He was in love with Nikki, you know what I mean, So his mind wasn't on that. But I'm pretty sure if you if he was on that ship, he's on there.
Speaker 1: That's the dream Chase of four. Yeah, yeah, you know.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying he was the athletic mean us for he was me shape for.
Speaker 5: It met the hottest right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Big is the hottest rapper around. Literally again, I ain't gonna lie, my nigga. That record does something to me. That record does something to me. I mean, I don't know. I know, Lady Lydia, what i'd be like. You're making me making the formers on colors and I'm looking room Lydia again, like you get your old nigga.
Speaker 4: If you don't like that song, if you ain't your thirties and you're just sitting around not liking that song, you just hate that because that song and a the manic chilling.
Speaker 1: Song, you gotta like it, right, I don't get hold your program all. You got that video cloud? Please God, man, you gotta love it, love love it.
Speaker 2: Man, you're being showing if you don't like the man something that way.
Speaker 1: What's it called black metals? Right? Bike them a bigger grace of it, man, You know what I'm saying. They are not working working.
Speaker 4: But you also got a guy from Philly, a little woozy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't know him personally, but I met him a few times and him and my assistant from the same neighborhood. So but I met him at Powerhouse, you know what I mean, it's all love. But he took off fast, and he took off fast, big all. Yeah he man, he didn't waste no time.
Speaker 1: Big big up, little big DJ drama man discovering.
Speaker 5: That Man, it's too much, too much talent in Philly. Man, everybody can rapping Philly.
Speaker 1: Everybody. Everybody shout out to the roots. Man from Philly too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, everybody is.
Speaker 1: Now is boxing becoming the next thing? You feel?
Speaker 5: Philly a gym, Boston niggas Garcia, Boston gym. It's in the neighborhood I grew up in. I mean the Junior had a section of Philadelphia.
Speaker 4: Because I feel like if you got like you, Philly always been rapping in Boston though, because who else was all what's what?
Speaker 1: What's the Uhammad Ali movie?
Speaker 5: No Joey Yeah right, yo, man, you.
Speaker 1: Gotta start a tradition to stop this.
Speaker 5: He might not.
Speaker 1: We love you.
Speaker 5: That's somebody who ray Never not in shape though, that's real. Yeah, but no, never not in shape. He didn't eat the cookies in the nineteen.
Speaker 4: Ninety but the last when he came and the Russian dude dropped him.
Speaker 1: I was like, I wanted to.
Speaker 5: That guy is supposed to be the more spirit man in boxing.
Speaker 4: He couldn't even text to him and say, you're not supposed to do that. But no, you gotta have more respect for yourself.
Speaker 1: Brother. You beat him, don't beat him disrespectfully. Obs, you understand that. But okay, so now.
Speaker 4: You're from Philly, what's the What was the first major breakout fight where people said, Daddy Garcia is the goddess, He's the guy I won when.
Speaker 5: I be moraleed for the title, When I beat Marals for the title, and then I beat Themerican people were still a skeptical because I knocked him out.
Speaker 1: I would say the Matias fight, the Matisa Ye, like Danny, that was dangerous.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, well everybody nobody that I was going in HEAs for Argentina.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, like he was knocking everybody out. You you wore him out.
Speaker 4: But I didn't understand because I think I only saw one Eric Maraulis fight.
Speaker 1: Why did you fight him twice? I had a rematched clubs, he was the champion.
Speaker 5: They gave me one voluntary defense and then they had to fight him again.
Speaker 4: Oh, Okay, when I asked you, did you have one fight that you you thought people thought you didn't win.
Speaker 1: I thought that was the reason cause I was think I only saw one of the Eric Marauders.
Speaker 4: But you know, my brother, we were just were very very very very very proud of you.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna say that, man.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, I feel like and one of the things that I also want to point it out that I admire you because you know, drink Champs.
Speaker 1: We got the very popular show right now. A lot of.
Speaker 4: Athletes come to us, and you know, I always asked him what you want, you want something, and you told me you would need absolutely nothing, like no alcohol.
Speaker 6: No, you got some monster for me. I mean, we're just having here for.
Speaker 1: The great people first Athlet you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Have you ever at one point I heard it was rumors that you was gonna fight Floyd.
Speaker 5: That it was it was in the media. It was in the media. But nah, we got the same manager, so think about yeah. So nah, we never talked about fighting Floyd. But a lot of people thought because when my former tea he fought after me. You know, the whole mix up, you know, the promotional thing. But I thought I thought I probably well, but no, never he never chose to fight me.
Speaker 4: Now, let me ask you something in boxing, because in boxing, it seems like you guys all know each other, but on the drop of a dime, you have to throw your relationship away. If that am I breaking that down correct.
Speaker 1: Or it's no.
Speaker 5: I mean like, if you're my weight class, I don't like you. If you're in my weight class, there's no way to be friends before.
Speaker 4: So when you hung out with Floyd, it was just like, what's.
Speaker 1: Up and walked away.
Speaker 5: I mean, he's retired, supposedly mean when he wasn't. This is I'm cooling nobody.
Speaker 1: I wish I could have. You should have told me this a long time. I can't. I can't be. We can't be in my competition, you know, like I can't be.
Speaker 5: I know I could possibly fight y'all one day, So and me, I got to hate somebody to fight him, you know, because I care for people and ship, So I got.
Speaker 1: To hate somebody.
Speaker 4: It seems like it seemed as soon as you won that the last fight and brought up it was just like it's something that registered to.
Speaker 1: You, like I hate him now.
Speaker 5: Because this is definitely going to divel you know, and it's the contract is signed, everything's done, and it.
Speaker 1: Don't change after the fight. You get with them afterwards.
Speaker 5: I mean, we might show sportsmanship depending on how I feel, but I mean, man, I don't know. Man, I just I'm a savage when I'm in the I can't be cool, like like, you can't be cool. I was like, I don't care about them. You feel mean, I got my own life going on.
Speaker 1: Did you have a relationship with that Judah prior to prior to your fight? So this is that was easy. It was just yeah, that was just mad blood. But now we're cool, like cool.
Speaker 5: I see him around, you know, say what's up? Because I know I'll never fight him again. So it's like that's cool now. But you're active boxing my weight class.
Speaker 1: It's not cool. So hate Keith urmoy Keith one time? Thurmy what who does Danny got to see a fight? After that?
Speaker 5: They're gonna have They're gonna make somebody uppe somebody else again.
Speaker 1: It was a.
Speaker 5: Newcomer and they're gonna put promotion behind them to build up the next fight.
Speaker 1: You feeling me not Pocky Pa that's a possible fight. That's a possible fightey Man in Florida.
Speaker 5: Back, You're gonna have to fight me because I got your belts.
Speaker 1: Hold on, Danny hold on, Danny hold on. That would be I'm pitting. I'm hit you in the back.
Speaker 4: I'm hit you in the back, and it's still registered. I can't even look. I'm still the bat. That's so much money be cooked and then both undefeated. The biggest Yeah, oh my god, oh my god. Now what's where's your biggest audience audience?
Speaker 5: Like with like my market as far as boxing, like like where I where I fight it the most? People like yeah, yeah, Brooklyn, Brooklyn, Yeah, Brooklyn.
Speaker 1: I hold the gate wow for a.
Speaker 5: Boxing event the Barknet Center, things like fourteen thousand. I hold the gate for a boxing at the Barknety Center.
Speaker 4: And I asked you earlier where you we thought to fight with you, and Keith Thurman said, you said, you said, Brooklyn, all Vegas. I feel like that fight is that big that it deserves that Vegas platform. Yeah for sure, because when it's a huge fight, it's like it's it's a certain respect that the city does the town right, Like you know, Brooklyn is great and it's it's dope, but it's not a certain respect that the whole city is involved.
Speaker 1: But when it's a.
Speaker 4: Vegas fight, the whole I tell you, man, you're going whips ass anywhay, Yeah, but okay, Brooklyn is just a new mecup boxing bro. They center on the barkless killing it right now, right, they're killing.
Speaker 1: It right now.
Speaker 5: Well boxing, it's it's a no miss.
Speaker 1: It's a no miss. But if you preferred, if you had a chance to pick, what would.
Speaker 4: You pick, because that's what it's up in the air between Brooklyn and I'm.
Speaker 5: I'm happy with both. I'm happy with both. But if I was the pick, I would say, Vegas it's better. It's a better look, and it's better financially. You ain't got the extra tax, that New York tax, you know what I mean. And if you fight for that money, you want every every dime.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't to you. In Vegas, they do know.
Speaker 5: State text income federal year, but no state text. You know you got no state income text, you know what I mean. Lie.
Speaker 4: I'm so much of a boxing fan that I stopped going to actual fights because sometimes you're sitting down and as a guy that jumps in front of you and Ship and he paid ten thousand to sit right there.
Speaker 1: You want to be like, yo, my dude, put your frank down. Man, sit down. Man, I can't see. But for this fight, I think I might come out. I got you. Let me know, I got Let's make some mors. I got a dream chance getting because to me, you know.
Speaker 4: What, I'm fans of both of you guys, and I actually kind of seen you guys come up and I feel like this is going to be electric, and I feel like, you know this is the fight. I mean to me, you already are the super champion, you already who you are. But sometimes you know, you know you got to face a big challenge. It's like I followed Floyd his whole career and he's for the guy who's Who's who's the guy? But then he beat them and he'd be like, oh, well he wasn't Ship, he wasn't. And I'm telling you, if you get through this and you continue, you're gonna follow the same thing. It's not that you ain't fighting the craziest fighters.
Speaker 5: It's like when you for Matisa, fight is going to take you to the next level.
Speaker 1: Site of me.
Speaker 5: It's just like it's like going to cosge for you for four years and he become a doctor or whatever.
Speaker 1: I mean.
Speaker 5: I already got my master's degree, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So this is the fight is gonna make me.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean, Doctor Danny Garcia, you feel let's.
Speaker 4: Make It's also big up the best Buy liquors. They provided the liquor today.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. We got that more where where his best boy looking?
Speaker 4: You ain't have the car got we got? I know what's in Kindle? I know with the color you got one color ridge.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It's also big up the quick and loans. This ain't this ain't even try to do every.
Speaker 3: Day the Best By Liquors and Kendle. They got to enkindles when the rande one in Florida City, that's check them out Best by Liquors dot com.
Speaker 1: God damn it. They provided the liquor today. That's right. Welcome back bycome back back by, goddamn it.
Speaker 4: We're doing it. And niggas gott bring me on the table. We don't know who's cutting the check. If you got a sigaret.
Speaker 1: Dealing the man there when I come I don't be big up to sunny d b T. You know what I'm saying, Say what's up to the people? Say what's up to the people? Ahead? Has Mike work? I just need some rose right now. Oh I don't know if.
Speaker 4: I'm share because you know why, Daddy's not drinking, so I'm taking his portion of it.
Speaker 1: So it's hes itself out. Twin. He said, this is your new favorite box and come on save it up to my man.
Speaker 7: Daddy got up and Danny was going on, what was going on? I'm a fanly for real here bro, here you got my boys inspired in the hood. Shout out to Andrew. Man, he's doing this thing. Man, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And I see what you said.
Speaker 7: Twin sisters doing you know, family, you know they're doing.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying in the morning me right now? Yeah, man, hey, yea, I appreciate her love man the support man.
Speaker 4: Oh sure so you wouldn't so if you had your pick after this win, you already said they're gonna make up somebody.
Speaker 1: But if you had your pick, this went.
Speaker 5: I went the biggest fight like either Florid, Meweather MANU Pack.
Speaker 1: Yeah. There for you too, man, I'm just still looking at the numbers. I mean, it's not going to make sure you don't change your own.
Speaker 5: This is the fight where they say, you know, they say this guy, you know, one of the best welth waights for me.
Speaker 1: So after that, there's no weather fight for me. And short short Oh when I looked at y'all square over, he has some high heels on the ship. Yo. That's crazy, man. This is this is going to be and is in March. You said show Time CBS up until this pre TV you feel me?
Speaker 5: That was a question I had previously premier Boxing, Boxing Championship Backs and boxing back on free free television.
Speaker 1: Now is that good or bad for the You've been on there like twice now it's good for the.
Speaker 5: Boxing fans, and I mean it's good for the fighters. You know, we get we getting we're getting paid good money, so I think it's a win for everybody, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: How about pay per view? You like pay per view all? Yeah, of course pay per view.
Speaker 5: Yeah, of course you're gonna get paid if if it does good, you get paid more.
Speaker 1: But if it don't, you know, that's how it works. Yeah, your bag is you get like.
Speaker 5: A minimum purse, right, Like you say your minimum person is one hundred dollars, you feel me off, and then they'd be like, all right, you're gonna split the pay per view three ways, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: And then whatever after what it's out.
Speaker 5: Say you make another one hundred dollars, you feel me and you split in three ways or whatever between you, the fighter and the promoter. But that's why Floyd get paid so much, because he gets the fighter when flat rate and keeps out of pay per view.
Speaker 1: You don't let them get a pay per view revenue. This makes a noise deal. That's a record deal, right, you know it's crazy.
Speaker 3: I'm looking at the logo and the two boxing goes right behind him. It's just ill right now, look at the logo. Well you look at the run.
Speaker 4: Look right behind him, man, I'm just looks ill two first yall, first athlete.
Speaker 1: Man, Yo, thank you so much for sure.
Speaker 5: But let's say you have me on man.
Speaker 4: But listen, man, So how does a kid from the hood, right, he's from Philly, dude snuffed him, he knocked him out and.
Speaker 1: Realized he got hands. How does he say instead.
Speaker 4: Of me going out and beating up kids in the hood, How do I get started professionally boxing?
Speaker 1: Like what are those steps of the kids? To be honest with you, it's simple to be a professional boxing, don't get it.
Speaker 5: Don't get it messed up, Like as long as you pass your physical and not simple to make money, but simple to be a professional. Simple to be a professional, do your physical, passion physical and you get your license and you fight.
Speaker 1: That simple and that's it. You might get like four or five dolls.
Speaker 5: For promoters and wanted to pick you up for me, man, I always at the vision, you know what I mean. Like when I was a kid, I always wanted to be a sports star. Like I love sports, you know what I mean. So my vision was like I wanted to be a sports star, and like I said, I played all the sports, you know what I.
Speaker 1: Mean, And I just love boxing. It what made you pick boxing out on all the sports? Well, you know my dad loved boxing.
Speaker 5: You girl watching Philly Trinidad and girl watching a lot of great champions and I just love that ice A shadow boxing.
Speaker 1: Front of the gym, I mean in front of it.
Speaker 5: Probably you're gonna because in Philly you can't box to you ten because insurance don't cover for kids.
Speaker 1: So when I went when I was young.
Speaker 5: I went when I was seven, and then they find out my age and I couldn't box, so then my pop had waned.
Speaker 1: My pop went to college for like three years.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: You know, I.
Speaker 5: Went away from you, what I was, my power went away for three years. And then I used to always talk to him. He said, when you get when I get out of you know, when I get out of college.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna take you to the gym. And we stepped in when I was ten and I never turned back.
Speaker 1: Let's make some noise to that. What was your toughest fight to you?
Speaker 4: What was the fight that you thought, like, forget the critics, forget what everybody said. What was the time when you got hurt or something when you got hit and you just you stood there and act like you wasn't hurt, but you was hurt.
Speaker 5: To be honest with you, like every fight was hard in a way, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Everybody has a Yeah, everybody has.
Speaker 5: A different style, a different style, so you gotta adapt to each fighter.
Speaker 1: But I'm gonna fight.
Speaker 5: It might be fast fight, It might be powerful I fight, it might be smart.
Speaker 1: So you're gonna learn. You're gonna learn on each fight.
Speaker 5: So I think every fight was tough in a way, especially when you find out that championship level.
Speaker 1: You're gonna go in there.
Speaker 5: They're gonna give you different looks, and as a champion, you gotta go in there and.
Speaker 1: Do you study tapes all these you see studying.
Speaker 5: People don't study many tapes. I might watch one fight just to see what I'm having front of you. Yeah, I just watched like four rounds and something. I just want to see what's in front of me, Like at that vision in my head, he's going to be in front of me, so that wake like play out of my head.
Speaker 1: I don't remember.
Speaker 4: Remember the dude that fort Floyd Mayweather and his father was Mexican too, Who was it, uh.
Speaker 1: Guerrel?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you forought him to, you beat him up to. Now he's taller to me, right, because I remember he's a little shorter than me. Yeah, this look mad taller than you on TV.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 5: I'm told him too. Yeah, I'm tired. Yeah, I'm trying to go. Yeah, I'm trying to Floyd. I'm talking for my weight class.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm not a tall guy.
Speaker 5: I'm not you know, I mean average, you know, but I'm big for my weight, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I thought he was mad bigger than you. No, no, I'm tired to him.
Speaker 4: Okay, now how about okay, doesn't break down like the wild fight because your father's was beeping a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, they was about to fight. Yeah, your pop is there like we're gonna pull.
Speaker 5: It right to fight. You gotta see what he just posting? Man, this ship crazy man, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on bro possibly going hand man. Follow Crazy Angel on Instagram Crazy Angel guards sea you feel me? Look that's to keep turning.
Speaker 1: That's awesome, people, That's what Pop just said. The teeth that shot fighting.
Speaker 4: Keep man, that is WhatsUp? Ain't feeling in the field right now? Whatever whoever you fight, that is the enemy. He's what you one hundred riding man's specially the world.
Speaker 1: That's how it mean. Sometimes that's how I gotta be. Man. So now, is there one fight that you ever had and you was like, if I had a chance, I would have did this better? Probably every fight? Yeah, or you could you criticize yourself like.
Speaker 5: Because I know what I'm capable of, you know what I mean. So I know my full potential. I know what the best Dandy GUARDCIA could do. But like I said before, I'm just I'm learning every fight, you know what I mean. But every fight I feel like I could have did better. I mean, even my best performances, I was like, damn, I could have knocked him out.
Speaker 1: But then even though I had a great fight, but.
Speaker 5: I'll be like, man, I could have knocked him out, or I could have did this, I could have did that. So every every fight I never did, I don't know. I always think I could do better. You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Na, Man, you you've been doing excellent. So let me ask you about other fighters right now. We feel about Earl Spence, good fighter. He's a good fighter. He's not in your weight classes, we understand way, so he hates them. Okay, now you and your own promoter as well.
Speaker 5: Right my last fight was DSG Promotions, Well, my last three fights was DSG Promotions.
Speaker 1: And what made you do that? You don't want to split the bag?
Speaker 5: No, I mean, it's of course you want to. I'm want to start building my own promotional company. I got two fighters also on Swift Promotions.
Speaker 1: What's the responsibility to be your own promotion company? What does that mean?
Speaker 5: Well, you know, you're promote the fight, you know what I mean. Now I get to have fighters fight on my on the car, you know what I mean. I'm building my company. I'm learning and Floyd kind of like affected that. Back then that was unheard of fighters and their own promoters. And if they did do it, most fighters didn't succeed exactly. It's a lot of work, but you got to have a good team, you know what I mean. But me, I got two fighters under me, two young fighters. They both undefeated. Once Thomas velaska Is he's six and oh he's awesoly An.
Speaker 1: He's a Puerto Rican Philly too, cousin.
Speaker 5: Jeffrey tourists he's two, and oh he's another you know, Philly Rican.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, you sign Nias signing Puerto Rican. Let's talking about right backing style.
Speaker 5: When I created the Swift Promotions, I was the first Latino. I was the first Puerto Rican champion ever from Philadelphia. I'm the first Latino to become a world champion ever from Philly.
Speaker 1: So before me, it was no lane.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean, it was just like, why go to Philly and get a Puerto Rican where you could go to Puerto Rico and make Felix Trinidad, Miguel Cold or nig got the country behind them. So why go to North Philly and you know, go to that go to that market, you feel me?
Speaker 1: So they always overlooked that.
Speaker 5: So what I did was I was like, you know what I mean, I signed all kinds of fighters, but I was like, since I opened up that lane for Puerto Ricans in Philly, I'm gonna start. I'm gonna start giving more Puerto Ricans who box in Philly more exposure because there's so much kids in Philly. They could fight, but don't get the attention in the exposurely and they deserve. So I feel like that's that's my way of giving back, you know, to the Philly Ricans.
Speaker 4: Now, how does the islands of Puerto Rico, Because for us rapping a lot of times, most of them they don't look at us.
Speaker 5: Like Puerto Ricans.
Speaker 1: They look at us like they even they even have a word force.
Speaker 6: They call us New York where That's why I say Philly Riagan.
Speaker 1: Because it would be kind of tough I mean, I really like black niggas going to be like, yo, you're my cousins. Niggas like you. I am from death is the Moon. That's what I'm saying from Harlem.
Speaker 5: I can imagine in boxing is hard for American Puerto Rican.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine in rap music you think it wasn't.
Speaker 5: I can't imagine like how hard it is for Puerto Rican and rap music to be successful.
Speaker 1: By Joe, that's big him up. I was like him here, big him up because they.
Speaker 8: Still they called Puerto Ricans and divided he's dope for Puerto Rican.
Speaker 1: They still say that. They don't they don't can tell that Joe's hot. They don't say he's a dope.
Speaker 5: M C. He hates that Josey see big pun See.
Speaker 1: It shouldn't be like that.
Speaker 5: It shouldn't be divided like we Puerto Rican Puerto Rican just because we was raising Philly, we were raised in a different places.
Speaker 1: You don't make it's not Puerto Rican, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: Not My fault was raising I was raising around exact blax and like it took years you tell me is for me to come as a as a as a as a as a as.
Speaker 4: An American artist that is Puerto Rican. It took years from me for the island to accept me. But it took like I was about ten years. But this wasn't no quick thing like I was. It wasn't like y I grabbed like you know Puerto Rican. It was like, cool, you're the one of us. No, it's a ten years.
Speaker 1: Was one of us. But I feel like it black and still.
Speaker 5: But I feel like that's growing though, Like the Puerto Rican hip hop community.
Speaker 1: Is getting big. In ten years from now, it's going to be bigger, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: Like people, but like you said, Joe is the one who opened up for me, then you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: We've got the Puerto Rican Parade getting huge in Chicago, Querto Rican.
Speaker 1: Day Parade in Philly.
Speaker 4: There's even a Puerto Rican Day Parade now in Los Angeles.
Speaker 1: And they got the rock Steady thing in Puerto Rico. Oh was trying to be funny, No, no, I'm about to laugh. I was like, that was a good one. When okay, you sure cool? So yo being a boxer.
Speaker 4: At the end of the day, Danny, I see you. You're always respectful, you're always happy. But in the ring, You're a different beast.
Speaker 1: How do you turn it off? And then how do you turn it on? And then how do you know when you turn it off?
Speaker 5: It's like it takes me, like to be honest with you, after a fight, taking me about two or three weeks to beat myself again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you're still pumped up over I'm right, my mind.
Speaker 5: I would be so focused for the fight, like you trained for months, right, being focused on one night, and once that night is over, you just can't snap out of it. It's like thinking about the next fight. You're like, fuck it, I'm gonna go back in there and get ready for the next one.
Speaker 1: You just fuck.
Speaker 5: So it takes about two or three weeks for me to like be normal again and not think about boxing and things like that.
Speaker 1: But uh, it's just like, you know, the the hunger for the sport, you know what I.
Speaker 5: Mean, the training camps, the division, the tunnel vision is just like you know, everything is staying away from a girl, you know what I mean.
Speaker 8: You stay away from some some person for two months. Bro, you're gonna be like a cage dog. You're telling me boxes really don't fuck.
Speaker 1: Before the fight.
Speaker 5: I don't before the fight wait.
Speaker 1: A minute, Wait a minute, a different one. And how long before before? Two months? Two months?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you were training for eight week training camp.
Speaker 1: So doing the eight weeks nothing you're not supposed is the science the reason even if you can't left. I think that a couple of times, the things you just sticking and ship looking that onloaded ship.
Speaker 5: You think about that ship in the fight, think about that ship.
Speaker 1: You're walking out into the ring like damn. I should have never had a couple of jobs, not holding men. I had a couple.
Speaker 5: Man, then I don't even want to say man, but ship.
Speaker 1: That's okay. Nobody's lisbody, no man, all the young kids, they.
Speaker 5: Don't have sense before you fight man.
Speaker 1: Forgetting wearing the cameras on because I thought that was full tel. No, it's testostero.
Speaker 5: It's like you keep a dog away from you know how they get a dog on heat even trying to kill his master test top makes you more.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Two years in jail, they come from football, they're gonna throw that like one hundred and twenty yards.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they off every day in jail. So that's a bad example.
Speaker 5: The probably if it's some type.
Speaker 1: Of nuts being bust in jail, Like it's just real. It's like niggas put a sock on, they sell like, you know, ain't know what that means. Nigga like, oh, this niggas with Susie again. You know what Susie is. Susie is a plastic It's a plastic glove.
Speaker 4: Right, So what they do is hop that's what y'all call it, but we call it the Susie where we was at, right, Look, so you take a plastic.
Speaker 1: Glove, right, it would change your life.
Speaker 4: We in the can nigga take a plastic cause I'm I'm I'm working in the messhole.
Speaker 1: I'm working like infirmary, and niggas is going crazy for stealing a plastic glove. So I'm like, I need to know what's going on.
Speaker 4: So I'm like, I'm like, you know, you know, everybody's stealing plastic gloves.
Speaker 1: Like like, what the fuck is this plastic gloves ship?
Speaker 4: You're like, you don't know, and I'm like, nah, the niggas like, all right, put the nigga on, so we're gonna put your.
Speaker 1: Heat up tonight.
Speaker 4: So in myself, they controlled their heat. This is other inmates the same CEO's By the way, so the nigga told me he grabbed the plastic glove, put it in a towel, roll it up, put a rubber band around it, and it said leave this on your heater, right, so already.
Speaker 1: Get it slippers. At the end of the night, you take it.
Speaker 4: Boom, you got your little Johnson's Johnsons thro that gag up in there and fake it.
Speaker 1: Wait and anything like your master is good. You were not locked up for that moment. You was in some real mussy. I know, I know, Nigga's home. That's still fucking sussie. I'm just I'm just telling you, my nigger, you do it right. You see, you can't. You can't do it in.
Speaker 4: Florida because you ain't got no heat out. You ain't got no But listen, I like, I'm sweating thinking about it. Man, I about to lie miss the women in my mind on the Susie in jail, in jail.
Speaker 1: I'm so sorry the interview got it went all over the place. You don't worry.
Speaker 5: It is what it is. Get your nott off something straight chest. This is normal time.
Speaker 4: When we asked the guests to take a shot, We're going to have your people take a shot, right, you look like you need a shot.
Speaker 1: Come on, give you let's give them a shot, a tag, a bomb, come on, geo give.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 4: But it's her.
Speaker 1: Thinking about the Susie. Yo. That was the time in my life. Man, I'm about in jail. Shot jail, you know, was taking the tybots shot. Give him a shot? How many shots?
Speaker 5: One shot of these shots? This is right? Yeah him right there, Come on, bowl over there you go.
Speaker 1: Call them yeah booms? All right.
Speaker 3: I like that with you.
Speaker 1: I don't think about it. Just take it down. Just take it that one boom. Look at that.
Speaker 4: You back to life? Who your life is? Your life, Your life is secure now, your life is a cure. That's tiger bone is the worst thing ever in life.
Speaker 1: You see a.
Speaker 5: Tiger boom that don't even sound.
Speaker 1: But you never drink or you was discipline. You never drink, never smoked.
Speaker 5: Not even nothing smoking my life. You never smoked, never weed in my life. Yeah, how does a kid from Philly? You're like, you carry my homies man.
Speaker 1: D too. So I'm not saying you're gonna walk around. You can go back. You're not gonna walking.
Speaker 4: Around knocking things down. It's not like my agro. But if you get into something, you'll be ready. You'll be ready, You'll be ready. Trust says yeah, yeah, sogad. I'm sorry what you were saying.
Speaker 1: I forgot straight change right there. Chance just what we do. Man, listen, man, we're proud of you. Man. We want you to continue doing what you got to do.
Speaker 4: We're not finishing this and to be big up the best Batliquas once again.
Speaker 1: They got four.
Speaker 4: Locations everywhere, Big up to Monster, big up to Quick and loans. We know we're supposed to do it add but this is how we're going to do it right. Tomorroket Loan has been holding us down. I'm about to get up. I'm about to get up a crib on quick my quick longing love.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, mortgage and all that. You know what I'm saying. Who are all the people?
Speaker 3: Big up the Bevel, big big up to Uber, big up to Uber Uber Yo, probably the only one.
Speaker 1: The bigger Uber credits't been getting my Uber credit. You've been getting your Uber credit. We don't get Uber credits. You saw the email to them coming They said uber boat which one you want to say? Were supposed to take one of those Uber boats. So that's all. That's all.
Speaker 4: Shout out to the helicopter, which we gonna remy mam, get that bar made up shout out to the helicopter Uber.
Speaker 1: Did she actually speak that? Into assistance Exclusive Exclusive all the way up, producer. It's a helicopter. They've been they do it. It's like special events. That ship. Mom said it there, you gonna pull up in the next plane out and the Uber helicopter. They were like that. I mean first they said, did you get Uber credits? Uber car and they're doing it with F and vodka? With F and vodka, Yeah, big up and vodka and what is it? And they got the land and and.
Speaker 3: They got the boat, the boat, they got special s uvs limos, they got the helicopter and the plane.
Speaker 1: They got a boat and it's a boat plane joint that takes off from the definitely the water that part and keeping on. I ain't see that. Yeah, I feel like some a team ship. But I'm man, let's do it. Had handed liter I mister t right now it day. Daddy ain't drinking with us, but you drinking monster. That's what's the first guest, that drake monster. So we were coming up.
Speaker 3: Who's who was?
Speaker 1: Who was some of the greats that you looked up.
Speaker 5: To boxing Felix Trinidad, Princeton, I seen my man, I love that dude, Roy Jones Jr.
Speaker 1: Man Cola, Yeah, Bernard Hopkins, who you says that?
Speaker 5: Chilvis? Yeah, fighters like that, man, It's exciting, fighters with.
Speaker 1: Power, with the style, and say with Bertal Durand. Oh man, yeah, I.
Speaker 5: Forgot, but that wasn't my era, so I didn't grow watching twenty eight years.
Speaker 1: I would have.
Speaker 4: I would have thought your pops would have showed you something, but yeah, no, no, Yeah, watched Durant for sure.
Speaker 5: I mean I think he the greatest Latin fight ever, best top five fight ever.
Speaker 1: Now just reached one of the best ever. Just recently. Undefeated fighter just quick on the stool. Yeah, I've seen that. You've seen that. What was who? Who was he fighting against? Walters? Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: How did you feel as a as an undefeated fighter? Do you think a champion is supposed to quit from his stool? You gotta kill me. I'm just leave it at that. That's how I feel. I ain't even a box Yeah, what the the nigga didn't come and Jamaican.
Speaker 2: Y'all y'all man, the yard man said, and he said, you know what, he said, No.
Speaker 1: This niggas Jamaican. Why do you even know what that means?
Speaker 4: You're making you.
Speaker 1: Know, it's crazy.
Speaker 5: Though Durance said he never said that said he said, he said, he never said that, but he did quit though we did. He did say he did say he got Yeah, he said that. Uh, he never said. No monsters just sounding people made up, but he but he did not.
Speaker 1: He did he didn't give up. Well, I don't know what he did. But but in your opinion right now, would you ever do something like that?
Speaker 4: Never can you look at a person like a real boxer or even a real champion.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know a situation.
Speaker 5: But he didn't have a bruise on his face, he didn't look to He looked like you go to hotwelve to me, I mean, and the dude Loma Chinko, Yeah, he's he's he's good.
Speaker 4: But it was like it was kind of like it was like American style American ye something like yeah, who he think he would be?
Speaker 1: I'm not saying I think Lomchenko is actually ill? Yeah, me too, But don't he got lost something.
Speaker 5: He's like, he's seven and one than one, yeah, and they say he's found for pound. I'm thirty three and two weight classes and I ain't found for pound.
Speaker 1: This is politician. And where's he from? He from Ukraine? From Ukraine's They don't give American fighters to credit. They deserve it. That's what I mean. It is what it is is working.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think the kid is talented, but like the way they talk about them, They talk about them like.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's one thing I give about HBO. They really make people believe because they I don't fight HB. I'm not an HBO fighter. I fight on PBC.
Speaker 5: You feel me, So HBO they know they they really make the public believe that they fighters are the best people HBO. You know.
Speaker 1: I mean, like they go they make their own power for palles you feel me.
Speaker 5: And people go off that list like those are really the best fighters politics.
Speaker 1: They poisoned the mind. People fight night too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but that's that's HBO. They don't never talk about Danny Garcia, you feel me. They're gonna talk about every HBO.
Speaker 1: I didn't pep that.
Speaker 5: It's like it's two different it's like three different divisions in Boston. So when you say you PB with PBC, that's my show, Premier Boston champions.
Speaker 1: That's not showtime. So you like a free agent, yeah to any promotion. He was my manager.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But PVC was created for all championship for fighters to fight on regular TV.
Speaker 1: So if you're on PVC, you fight on regular TV.
Speaker 4: And now and that bag is crazy when regular TIV because everybody could get it for free, so get more viewers.
Speaker 1: So there's more. It's like the advertising make.
Speaker 5: HBO, I'll tell you that much, probably triple what they make.
Speaker 1: This is deep.
Speaker 3: There's probably a lot of room for negotiation on that one because of the advertising potential.
Speaker 5: Commercials, I mean out you know, it's just we're just getting PBC getting money.
Speaker 1: Man, on PVC, you're losing money. Man, I didn't know were the money.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you feel me. You didn't even care about the pound for pound regulars and none of that ship quick you didn't.
Speaker 1: Know that you ain't get this in the Jamaican inquired when yo ya should have got this?
Speaker 4: Man, Indies, the whole indies should have not come outside today.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be honest, when nobody seen this fight, I'm only nigga. You've seen the bike And it was like, what was it? Like the sixth round? Wasn't seventh? And he was like no and he said no mos, like I was embarrassed, Like what he said.
Speaker 4: That he was, you know Roberta Duran when he fought sugar Ray, he said that he didn't want to the folks story is folklored is that Sugar Ray was whipping them and Duran didn't want to take it no more, didn't want to chase them, no more.
Speaker 1: So he said no mons And.
Speaker 4: That's like the first time like a guy is a real, real champion, But that moment it was like kind of like being a sucker.
Speaker 1: And especially in the boxing board. Was he beat Sugary landing before that? He did? He beats Sugary the first time? Oh yeah yeah, first lost. I think the Sugary came the.
Speaker 5: Second fight and then exchange with him and the rain was like you want like you know, you want to run and him wow, and it was did they fight three times?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 1: They didn't. I gotta watch that movie.
Speaker 5: I didn't see that movie either. Hands of Stone right, hands got to watch that. I want to see this.
Speaker 1: Who did the movie?
Speaker 4: Ushia he was sugar red. He was sugar red. Well at first I didn't, I did. I look, I was a certain deed and he was doing his thing.
Speaker 1: He was doing his thing, great boxing, great box sim.
Speaker 5: So what's what what's what's your favorite boxing move? When I was a kid of some a movie called Price of Glory. I don't know if anybody ever seen that movie. It's about three kids, three Mexican kids, and they dad trained him and like one one that got caught up in the streets, one the younger one. He was supposed to be like the pride and joy like he was the start like he was like he was supposed to be like and he got somebody killed him. And then it was the one brother he had like losses like he had he had a tough career and then he was the one who became a champion because of his you know, his two.
Speaker 1: Brothers and ship. And that was a movie that motivated you.
Speaker 5: It was just a movie like it's just how it really be, like know what I mean, Like it's how to you? You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: So what you would have said, Rocky just of affiliate on the strength.
Speaker 8: I mean the Rocky was cool, you know, what I mean, how Rocky Rocky his neighbor you know what, I like, what neighborhood was rockyeh, let me make sure away.
Speaker 3: From Yeah, that's the inside of the Oh my god, it was really meat package.
Speaker 1: Like he sniffed that.
Speaker 5: That's South Philly when he ran to the Rocky Steps the ar Museum. He ran from North Philly all the way to South Philly. And that's what made it, like, you know, he's like a hardworking man.
Speaker 1: How far is that?
Speaker 5: Like, that's like, bro, that's like twenty five miles you think, Yeah, the fuck out?
Speaker 1: Yeah, right around there. And I want to I want to. I want to come work out with you one day, come to come to Philly, do drinks. We got everything. I'm going to work on Philly. I got a barbershop there. Let's work out. Let's do how you good at Philly? On my side? The kid on here, did we say that? Get it? The kid? I talk about Gilly all the time. I talked to Gilly all the time. It was like that pretty cool. Yeah, closer.
Speaker 5: Right, that's like, yeah exactly, he's like probably one of the closest rappers I'm close to.
Speaker 1: I Gilly.
Speaker 5: So that's my homee man.
Speaker 1: Beans, Your beans cool too.
Speaker 5: Beans came to a couple of my fights, but I remember he went away for a little bit, so he just came back. So I haven't seen him since then, But yeah, Beans, he owed supported my career. He's always been a big fan of me too, So he's been He went to my fights when I wasn't even champion, right, He was there for like my thirteenth professional fight, you know what I mean, in Philly when I fought in South Philly.
Speaker 1: So wow, it has been one of my biggest supporters.
Speaker 5: He and Meet's been to a couple of fights too. He went, he was definitely the last one he walked out with me. Yeah he went to the Mats fight. But me me doing his thing, so he can make, you know, do his thing.
Speaker 1: I'm doing my thing. And even if they the fight, they brought you the whole exactly.
Speaker 4: Generation supports don't want you to know that, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So now, how do you how do you when you fight a different fighter, do you train different for that fighter?
Speaker 4: Like if the fight is fast, you do a certain type of you know, ship, So you're like, you know.
Speaker 5: We're bringing smart partners who you know, trying to emulate. Yeah, but me, I know I put it in hard work. You feel me, like I don't do nothing, that's nothing harder you feel me. We're always working smart and hard, you know what I mean, working on our mistakes, putting that roadwork, in putting that sparring, and that's.
Speaker 1: Pretty much it. All right.
Speaker 4: Now, let me ask you something because boxes nowadays, they're not only traditionally training. Now they're doing like they'll do they'll do the regular you know, speed bags and all that scientist traditional trainer.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I got a conditioning co. Yeah, we old scowed, though we don't use like stimulation devices.
Speaker 1: And fing fucking ice ship. Yeah, ice ice change. We really did the Rockey.
Speaker 5: Ship like we like chopping wood and ship.
Speaker 1: You know. Yeah, I chased the chicken.
Speaker 5: I chased the sugar before that ship made ESPN top ten.
Speaker 1: Get the Yeah, I was like number two on the list chasing the chicken.
Speaker 5: I chased the chicken, and I'm like, damn, chicken, all these damn knocking on my career, and I mean top ten by chasing the chicken. Goddamn damn About to chase the chicken some more.
Speaker 1: Chicken man, listen man, you out here killing him making money.
Speaker 4: Were proud of you, not only as me as a Puerto Rican, not only as me as a human, but me and not only as me as a hip hop guy, you as a boxer and athletes. I think it's so dope when athletes embraced the music, because we know that's what y'all listening to, why we training and why we training.
Speaker 1: We're thinking of y'all.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, because we're like, this is how you know Danny would would train, This is how this is how Floyd would, This is how you know what I'm saying. So we love when the athletes embraced us and we braced each other back, and you know, like I said, we're proud of you. We want you to continue to do what you do after you get this w We want you to come back to the Drink Champs or anytime you want to promote anything of the Drink Champs.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean. This is here, this is your platform. We want a couple of your homies, a couple.
Speaker 4: Of guys to come and stay with up so they could shout out they people if they cool.
Speaker 1: What was my nigga name? But y'all, I forgot you want to say something to your people, tell me that.
Speaker 3: Right there.
Speaker 1: Where you're from, man, babylone, If that's going man, Philly, take from you anything, come on man, man, man from them, from them down. Shout out den for Nigga. Shout out to Denver.
Speaker 4: You know feeling, Imagine that, I respect, imagine that anything we want to say.
Speaker 1: So come on you look like you you like you sell cokey, keep it hot so cold. Listen, everybody know we get into the team d g my girl, the.
Speaker 4: Hottest tattoo artists in Philly coming up, kim In We shut him big.
Speaker 1: Johnny right, Johnny Boy, come say something. You gotta come ont coming. That's hot. It's all come. Let's go baby, come on you with Danny see it. This is up his team Johnny Boy right here represent Philly.
Speaker 4: You know Red Froo Latinos out there doing a big from the street, coming up right man.
Speaker 5: Shout Sandy twins Man, My little sisters, Shout Sandy twins Man. They got like a million files on Instagram music, they got a million files.
Speaker 1: Not yet they want signed drink chests, liten man. But now your clothing line, baby.
Speaker 4: Holding line. You need some drink chaps get we gotta press and you can. We don't have drink Champs shirts. And there's other clothes, but we we're gonna give you drink Champs shirts. I should have brought some clothes for you.
Speaker 1: Man, please many we need that.
Speaker 3: Say you have.
Speaker 6: I want you a lot.
Speaker 1: I say something that something new. Some keep keep it going. We're gonna you keep supporting.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: What made you so?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 1: Is your actually in stores?
Speaker 5: Or we can the fans get that at my website DG official dot com.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Just doing good?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Had a great weekend with the Black Friday.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: But I didn't want to put it in stores because I wanted to give it.
Speaker 1: I didn't want to put in a certain.
Speaker 5: Market, like I didn't want my brand to be like right Philadelphia or just like it will be hot for two years, you feel me? So I felt like if I put on my website just exclusively, your fans can only go there and smart.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: I didn't want it to be, you know, like an urban brand or I just wanted the fans to wear it and be happy and just not have no stereotype or anything about it. So, yeah, man's DSD feb exactly where is it again? Website DG official dot com.
Speaker 4: Make sure y'all go get that, get the shirts, go get the box in the gyp and listen when.
Speaker 5: The barbershop in Philly to the barber dars barbershop, Man, come get the first.
Speaker 1: Thing in the gym too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a compound. I got the barbershop, I got the gym.
Speaker 1: I got a detailed shop. I got a detailed shot. I got a studio too. Man, So whenever you're Philly, this is it feels like nigga gets shot. What you likescribers in.
Speaker 5: The neighborhood I went, and it's I'm saying it's not the best neighbor thing you said, it's being rules of that.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 5: Juniata.
Speaker 1: Yeah, North Philly is very distracted. Listen.
Speaker 5: I was born I was born in Juniata. I mean I was born in North Philly and then I moved to Juniata when I was ten years old, and I was raised. I was raised in Junieta. It's like, you know, it's like a little hardworking, blue collar neighborhood. It's not the best neighborhood. But it's not the worst neighborhood. It's like right, it's on the border, but.
Speaker 1: We're in Puerto Rican smoke dust that I know that nigh badlands North Philly, man, I mean, I mean you canna smoke dusting and you can smoke dust in the summer.
Speaker 5: So they're gonna say valley, But I mean, my fucking smoking dust everywhere.
Speaker 1: And lean is heavy in Philly too. That's why Philly.
Speaker 4: That's why niggas in Philly will kill you because they too like drugs choice is pz.
Speaker 1: B and Lean, and that's not it's a drug of choice. I mean, like the world. I'm just telling you, like you spent time in Philly, Like I just spent months in Philly. You know that was my number one mark. You spend time out there, your homie, beauty.
Speaker 4: This nigga smoking lean, I'm talking about excuse me, sounds he does and drink and lean I'm.
Speaker 1: Talking about before sis herb and all that.
Speaker 4: I just remember back in the days I used to go to Philly and these niggas will be high as hell like and look they a PCP.
Speaker 1: Bring you up, Lean, bring you down. So their bodies is just fucking with each other like they don't know what they do up or down. But big talk to my peoples in Phillies.
Speaker 5: Philly, Man, Philly's so crazy because it's everyone for themselves.
Speaker 1: Hold on one second, it's to Hearry. Let's put it on line. Hello to Harry. You're on Live with the Drink Champs. Say what's up to Hearry? Be right here with jarreny gonna see it. You're all live. What's going on? You're good? We hope Boston. Yes, you call him a boxing dude.
Speaker 5: That's the champion.
Speaker 1: That is the champion. You are down with Drink Champs network. We gotta know you gotta know these people. And he's Puerto Rican. It's the island next to the Dominican Republic. We're close to y'all. I am so loving that, Laurie. That's what's up. Say hi to the Drink Champs fans, say how to the Drink Chans fans. Drink Chap is me and Jack.
Speaker 5: You know it's funny and fine.
Speaker 1: I'm fine and funny or whatever you want to call us. Shut up, Jeff, Oh you got Jack Dulo on there. Yeah, man, we are right now. Oh yeah, shooting the show. We're shooting our show.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, alright, cool, all right, look I'm about to be done in five minutes.
Speaker 1: I'm here, y'all right back with y'all on my show right now. Funny and fine the second hater, what's the drink? Champing? Yo, Daddy gonna say, we all here making deals. You try to be all own promoter too. Sure we figured it out. We got to promote off self. That's that's what boxes is doing. Get up and then promote yourself because you ain't got to pay you. What's some niggas, Bob and remember the niggas fuck that one point? No, what's the other thing? I was Oscar don King. I heard his foul ship like he was the boxing right. I don't know.
Speaker 5: I never deal with them before, never, but you heard you robbed Tyson and ship.
Speaker 1: Ain't gonna rob Tyson.
Speaker 4: Niggas you got this nigga's hands will kill you and you robbing him.
Speaker 1: You got no respect for him? Right for kind of shady this is this ain't even racial. You just respecting human race.
Speaker 4: You ron Tyson nigga call my niggas ship right to deal with no bad promoters.
Speaker 5: I was with Golden Boy asking the lawyer Oscar, he was good. I mean, yeah, he hate me now because I ain't with him left him. Yeah, because free agent name resigned me. So I just went over here. You know what I mean? You wanted that bag and they didn't respawn exactly, So that is daylaws.
Speaker 1: You feel me, he's crazy. I heard her sniff a lot of coke. That's my nigga.
Speaker 4: Got fishing that cocaine stories with your friends, Cocaine stories and fishing.
Speaker 1: Anytime I hear a cocaine story about anybody, I always remember it. I don't know why why scar Face as a kid fucked me up. He's cubbing me, big up, Oscar. I don't know why that came back there. Yeah, but yeah, bigger. But you're we're proud of you. Took your career in your own hands. That's what we're doing. Funny.
Speaker 4: And finally just called in Jack willing to hear the filming the podcast. Yo, if you ever think about doing the podcast or boxing podcast or whatever, how you get my pops on that, bro?
Speaker 1: Do you want to do it? Pops exposed fighters and ship oh man, and then well we'll also have because you know your Pops is crazy official right now, stop laughing. You know, and you know he reminds me of my pops.
Speaker 4: And you know I s how close your relationship is something real dope because I'm close to me and my possible. Can you google a picture of my pop so you can see it. My pots had green eyes too? You got green eyes. I'm trying to bust up in the white again. I'm trying to see if I get something with green eyes?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 5: How much kids? You got?
Speaker 1: I got six? Yeah? Don't six? Is im possible? Like life is different? Man? But Veggie Delight, Veggie Delaying in the building.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. Mirror Mark, go get your ship, Veggie Delight. Google picture my Pops on Melvin Flint cover, just wanting to see. And if you get the Melvin Flint cover, cool.
Speaker 1: You got the mural in Queens too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's my post is a legend more than me. They ain't giving me a mirror your boxing legends. I mean, but I'm saying I'm a legend too, nig He's more legend. He's way more legendary than me.
Speaker 1: Let's just keep it clear. Come on, how we looked it? Okay? On Melbourn Flint. If you google Mother Flint, color, they ever tell you the story. Fact Joe didn't know. I didn't think I was some years some ship like that. He said, on your son right and and and he brought me to all that ship, all that ship. So I love it, you know the creazy no no, no, I'm I'm messing up the story. When he used to force me to go, I hated it. He's a professional boxer, I believe, so I leave you in pro But when he brung me to everything he into, I hated it.
Speaker 4: When he away, yeah, I hated it because I felt like, you know what it's like bringing a person the church and he passed away and then you wind up being a preacher, you know what I'm saying. So like like it was like I fell in love with boxing ato that Like that's what I knew about you early on.
Speaker 1: I probably knew about you before you knew about you. Damn was like you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Like I was following Floyd, I knew Roger Mayweather like I knew I knew Underground. My father had teams like I knew Underground, but he had VHS ship like that. So that's why I like, I've never really seen Ali fight like his tapes, as though I know.
Speaker 1: He's the greatest. He got the images the greated, but I didn't really feel it.
Speaker 4: I can't feel their sports cast and like their style. This era is my favorite er box right, It's a great era, you know what I'm saying that, Like, I know some sports and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're like, you're an idiot.
Speaker 4: But to me, this era because with the technology and how it's working, and now people could go back to seeing it a regular.
Speaker 1: Teas in main review. What you think about the andre Ward to fight with this other guy.
Speaker 5: I thought, I thought cool Love won a lot of the early rounds, but he let off the gas man.
Speaker 1: Yeah. To me, I think, like you get to see that a lot of people. I scored. I watched that at the club. I watched that at the club and not yeah, I was a strip club here being rich to be.
Speaker 5: I was at a strip club that's currently staking. But yeah, I really think I can't pay attention to it. So I watched it the other day with my friends at the house when I got here, and I scored it.
Speaker 1: Find your work scored.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, before we get up out of here, how is that though.
Speaker 1: Just being in the club and all your niggas is drunk. Man. It's fun man. It's fun because looking at the niggas like, it's fun man because me, I'm naturally high. I'm a funny dude, you know what I mean, Like I am naturally Yeah, I'm not a synthetically holl.
Speaker 5: Ahead ahead, but yeah, man, we just we just be having fun. Man.
Speaker 1: At the end of the day, money don't change me. You know what I'm saying. I'm just and you're getting that chicken. I still go back to my own neighborhood. I get back to my unity every year, so you know what I mean. So it's all cool for me.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 4: We respect you so much, respect your crew, thank you for coming out hanging out. We usually give the guests the last shot. But I'm all up there. That's my pops right there.
Speaker 1: Look nothing like just in a black person, like your bro.
Speaker 5: Your mind.
Speaker 4: By the way, Oh my brothers and sisters, I'm the only one brown skilled. Everybody's you're pops.
Speaker 1: Are like me because Grandpa, you got green eyes. To me, you look like your pops, but you got you can see the resemblance. He got green eyes or so that might be my real dad.
Speaker 4: Somehow figured this out. That's great green eyes and said, well yo, listen man, Danny. Once again, man, we take you your first active athlete. You big up to all the athletes that been you know, coming and trying to be a part of this.
Speaker 1: But you're active. Not only you're active, you're the top of the game.
Speaker 4: Not only that you're a champion, you have one of the biggest fights, one of the fights that I'm so excited to see, you know what I'm saying to me, To me, I'm so excited to see because that division at your end is I mean, heavyweights have died, in my opinion, a long time ago. There's some great fights, but you know this is going to be that fight. I'm a fan of Keith, you know, I'm a fan of you, your radio that and I think this is going to be an excellent fight. I'm not getting paid to promote this fight. People, I'm talking about from the bottom of my this is real shit. This is like what boxing has been missing, the best meeting the best without they're at their best. While this guy just got knocked out off, this guy just fell and got hitting his knee. You know, both of these guys at the top of the game. For you guys to both take this fight, it's both a risk for both of y'all, but you know we shoot the best. I said, love and I'm to be so excited to watch it.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 5: And I can't thank you enough for joining us, Man, thanks for having man brother.
Speaker 4: That's make some noise for Danny. Got here, mother fucking Garcia first. Keith Thurman, March fourth. I don't think that this is they know yet where it's going to be in Brooklyn.
Speaker 1: Jacon's Army to support it with Vegas. Whatever, we want to.
Speaker 4: Support it wherever it's at, but Vegas. We prefer Vegas because that's drink Champs home. We'll go over the second home and we'll go over there. We'll rent houses and we'll have fight parties and go to the fight and then have after the fight.
Speaker 1: Parties and then get into a fight.
Speaker 4: And then Twin, you know, Twin went to Vegas. Let me show you something, my man, Twin. He went to Vegas with eighty dollars and came.
Speaker 5: Back and the stripper gave strip and gave him Vegas.
Speaker 1: Only eight, came back with twenty. He's the brokenst richest nigga. You'll have an adult you.
Speaker 7: Make some noise for twins, okay yo, he's out of the topic. My cousin told me it's bitch eight his eyes. My nigga, it was the craziest ship on the way over here.
Speaker 1: But he's turby. That was where I don't know.
Speaker 5: When I hit him.
Speaker 1: In the World Trade on him. I never seen that. I've never seen the trick going on there. It's getting there. In my eyes, man, she's going to sleep, so.
Speaker 5: Twin the Brokens riches.
Speaker 1: Riches guy, Danny gonna see it. Thank you for going. Your crew picked them up.
Speaker 5: D SG.
Speaker 1: What is that was dope, dude,