Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of pump Trend Zeit Lotgeist. We hadn't done that before, Shawnny Pawnee. Shawnny Pawnee, you've outdone yourself. Shawny Poney on the discord, he actually had Pumpkin Zeit Lotgeist, and I thought, well, why not turn Pumpkin into pump Trend, And that's how we ended up at I think one of the best short show titles we've ever had. My name is Jack O'Brien, and that over there, well that is super producer Brian Jeffrey. How's it going, everybody coming all the way from Mexico? New number one importer exporter with the United States.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, taken over for China.
Speaker 1: Also, like knew everybody wants to go there now because you have more progressive abortion laws than the United States.
Speaker 2: What's the vibe in Mexico? Everybody just celebrating.
Speaker 1: Everyone's super happy because all they think about is America and their their relationship to the US is.
Speaker 3: Well, Jack, I'm gonna tell you, it's pretty slow here in Mexico and no one gives a fuck about what's going on. From what I can tell, like it just doesn't come up, and that's.
Speaker 2: Why I'm here shocking to me. All right, should we tell the people some of the things that are trending? Should we tell them I could care less about the things that are trending. I just want to kiss you. Get out, Joe, get in here, and get out of here.
Speaker 1: Ever since then, the damn jets have been cursed, both those jets and jets flying through the sky.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, we don't wanna We don't want to blame it on nine to eleven.
Speaker 1: But I don't want to blame it all on nine to eleven. Brian, I've said this before. Yeah, certainly didn't help. Yeah, let's talk about NFTs. We haven't checked in with NFTs for a while. You know, we were famously.
Speaker 2: Skeptical on the whole FT.
Speaker 1: Train, and we just haven't wanted to check in with them for a while because they've been rocketing to the moon. Is that a why we Oh no, I'm sorry. So, so what has happened is they have you know that they had a big fall. But then people were like, just wait, there's a future for NFTs. There's a future for blockchain. I believe there's a future for the blockchain. Uh, for sure in the future when the software of our government is not Ponzi scheme is not the software for our entire civilization is not just how how I scam the best.
Speaker 2: And so uh since since kind.
Speaker 1: Of people realize that a lot of this shit was a scam people, something called deep Gamble did a deep dive into like what some of the most expensive NFTs, some of the NFTs that are still supposedly holding onto value are actually valued at, are actually trading at. And from their report they said mac contract on Athereum has a floor price of thirteen million, two hundred and thirty four thousand dollars two hundred and four and it's all time sales are eighteen dollars.
Speaker 2: So partially this is like.
Speaker 1: You know, the whole I don't know what the floor price or anything. It seems though like what they're saying is that they're saying they claim that they're you know, selling for one thing, but there is a what we call in the world to finance, what we call a discrepancy, Yeah, a discrap between listed prices and actual sales data, which might suggest what this expert group that did a deep dive is suggesting that NFT collections that they analyzed are worth zero dollars, like straight up officially worthless.
Speaker 2: It's over for all you hosts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh, it's gonna be real upset anyway, I'm gonna it's a it's an NFT bro that I sort of know. Oh okay, I get to I get to observe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we just beep his name out and because I think he started Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, we looked into that together.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and uh yeah, yeah, he's gonna be a real cranky He's.
Speaker 2: Gonna be a real cranky Joe. Uh No.
Speaker 1: But I do think I want to keep it and just beep his name because yeah, and the name of his product, because I think it stands in for how a lot of people feel right now, you know, like we have all come into contact with people who treated us like fucking idiots for being like.
Speaker 2: I don't know, man, it just like doesn't really make sense to me.
Speaker 3: Then the amount of people that tried to onboard me into all of that ship that was there was a lot of different scams going on, but it had had all had the same goal, and they just they really drew in a lot of people who you know, believed in it and you know, yeah, that's required, you know, to extracts as much money as possible. But yeah, I mean that's this sucks for anybody who is the n.
Speaker 1: F T S and they're still believers out there, man, Like I still see.
Speaker 2: It's funny like sometimes like somebody.
Speaker 3: Else is cultish. The way the way they cultivate.
Speaker 2: That cultivated.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, the way they did this, they they infused just enough of cult vibe.
Speaker 2: The whole damn cultivation. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I just caught somebody on what one of the socials.
Speaker 2: Okay, it was Twitter.
Speaker 1: It's only when I go on being like, I was like, this person's like has some strange opinions. Let me dig in see like if they're a bot or you know, and like the thing that they had most recently tweeted in the timeline was like GM crypto people or you know, like the good morning good night thing that the crypt believers do where they have to like they think it's good luck or like you have to show your belief by saying good morning or good night to the rest of the crypto community.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of weird little rituals and phrases and so many initialisms and acronyms like.
Speaker 2: That was the thing that kept me want to get the acronym.
Speaker 3: That's what kept me from investing anything into all this all crypto in general was Yeah, all the fucking initialisms and acronyms I had to learn. Yeah, I have no patience.
Speaker 1: Difference between initialism and acronym. I've never heard initialism before this moment.
Speaker 3: Initialism is just like some random fucking letters strung together and you just say.
Speaker 2: The letters okay, gotta gotta go.
Speaker 3: And an acronym is like actually laser or something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, actually stands for something like me, you know, stand on my own two all right, So anyways, you know, not much changing in the world of vn FTS, but it does seem like it is officially like bottomed out this report from Deep Gamble, Like if you're surprised at like or if you're wondering like what NFT experts are doing telling on the whole industry, they do like they are like there's still a future, like it's it's.
Speaker 2: Gonna be useful down the line.
Speaker 1: So you know, people, there's still belief out there, but the shit is worth zero dollars.
Speaker 3: The only way, the only feasible thing I see a practical use for NFTs is fucking Ticketmaster selling it stopped giving you like whatever paper tickets, just an NFT or some shit like I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's printed on cracker.
Speaker 3: That's like when you explain what an n f T is, it's like, okay, Like so it sounds like it's this. It sounds like a ticket to me. That that's all it is. It's this identifier.
Speaker 1: And I think chain could be incredibly useful to bring Like so much of the world is haunted by the ability of people to like hide money, spend money but not admit they're spending money, you know, billionaires, to harbor money off shore, uh, to invest in horrifying shit that is basically trying to upend civilization. Like what if if we could get all the money on blockchain, that would be cool because then we would be able to, you know, see where all the money is. That's that's something from the Ministry for the Future that I think like that that is the end stage. Like this would be really a cool way to make it so people can't cheat constantly at capitalism. Like that might be a thing that makes some version of capitalism work in the future. But right now we're just too far gone for this to be anything other than a money laundering operation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and what a money laundering operation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they really did it to themselves and all of us. Yeah, I should admit not only am I an NFT skeptic, I'm also upside down on these things. You guys, mostly a liquid because I'm all in NFTs, just wishing the whole community good morning and good night. All right, let's take a quick break and we'll come back and hit a bunch of quick stories. We'll be right back, and we're back, and we're gonna talk about uh Murdoch stepping down on tomorrow's episode Tomorrow's full up, as well a couple others. The Craft singles recall, Yo, you know the important stuff. Oh, it sounds like you have some takes quote unquote.
Speaker 3: It's just the article I read it had it's an extra for being quote unpleasant, and I was just like, it just gave me a shiver because I'm like, that's that's so despicably vague. Yeah, I just don't like this anyway.
Speaker 1: No, I do love Craft singles that I love American is whatever, even though it's not cheese.
Speaker 2: I do. I do appreciate it.
Speaker 1: I do just want to note that The New York Times has done what I can only describe as a reverse death notice, where they were like, hey, Jimmy Carter is still fucking alive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's making us look like assholes.
Speaker 2: It looked like a fool.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know who he's making look like an asshole other than death itself. Yeah, this is one of those stories that I feel like opens with a Southern man saying, you know, death's a funny thing, Like that's that's that's what I heard in my mind when I read this story. They put us all on notice that he was going into hospice eight months ago, and he's still out here. He's closing in on ninety nine, like luxuriating in hospice like it's a vacation resort.
Speaker 3: What did they put him in hospice for exactly?
Speaker 1: I'm not sure, man, I don't know all the details. Hey, look man, it's not I'm not I'm not a news reporter. I got a lot of tables. It's not like I have a daily news podcast. Come on, I got a lot of details to keep track of. I think I think maybe some manner of cancer, maybe just like being acutely old as fuck.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure.
Speaker 3: Well, look he built a lot of fucking houses, so yeah, he's probably got that wild old man's strength keeping him alive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, got that wild uh hammer thumb, that's what put him in there. But then he's like he's built up so much strength. But it does like this sort of article, you know, does make me think that the author of this piece is trying to kill him, because it's just like this is like when somebody goes to the line and the commentator, the NBA commentator is like, he hasn't missed a free throw in you know, twenty games, and you know, it's like you're you're that.
Speaker 2: I don't believe in superstition.
Speaker 1: I do believe Peter Baker had author of this piece, has just doomed Jimmy Carter to die with.
Speaker 2: Them the next week. Maybe we'll see. But yeah, there's some good.
Speaker 1: They keep blaming it or like attributing it to how much he loves peanut butter ice cream, which peanut butter ice cream is good as fuck, but.
Speaker 2: I doubt that's what keeping him alive.
Speaker 1: But they have this quote from his grandson, who's like we thought at the beginning of this process, that it was going to be in five or so days. I was down there with him in the hospital and then said goodbye. And then we thought it was going to be in that week, that it was coming to the end, and it's just now been seven months, which on the one hand, like the owner, people.
Speaker 3: Are like looking at their watches like like like you're like you're waiting for the bus and it's late.
Speaker 1: You're like, yeah, bye to somebody, and then you kept walking the same direction as them. You like, ah, ship all right, Yeah, like this.
Speaker 3: This is just a weird article to write.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: It doesn't need to be written. I got like another thing they say is like he's gotten so many, so many admiring things written about him, and you know, letters and and that have been eulogizing him, and he.
Speaker 2: Gets to read it. Yeah, like that's would be great if.
Speaker 1: We all knew we were gonna die like seven months in advance.
Speaker 3: And then and you get to find out that people thought you were pretty chill.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and unless you're not, unless people are like.
Speaker 3: Good, arguably there, yeah, I still somehow a war criminal, I assume, but yes, yes, for sure, the chillist president.
Speaker 1: The chillest of war criminal. Let's see other things. The Republicans are going to shut down the government again.
Speaker 3: Uh, I wish I had I forgot my slide whistle.
Speaker 1: I guess this happens like every few months now, you know, when there's a split branches of the government. And I don't know, there is like one really good quote from this, so I guess it's it's between like to the super conservative fascist wing of the Republicans and the ones who are like even more fascist than them are arguing with one another, and one of them had this quote, we always get the blame name one time that we've shut the government down, and we haven't got the blame.
Speaker 3: But it's your fault.
Speaker 2: You just said we've shut the government down.
Speaker 1: He hit it. It's it's a great quote. Like you, the name one time is almost like that. You you almost never hear that outside of the realms of like written comedy. Okay, name one time, you know, like that's such a weird, weird, like self owned setup picture.
Speaker 3: You're talking to your wife, all right, Name one time, I cheated on you and I haven't got the blame.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, what huh? All right, that's what you're all going with.
Speaker 1: So anyways, yeah, but that that's coming, I don't you know it. We'll we'll wait until we have a political expert back on the show, uh to tell us, like when when has this ever worked? The shutting down the government? Because like they're they're like threatening to shut down the government but already complaining that they're going to get blamed for it. And it's like, yeah, man, you're you're threatening to do the thing. You can't both threaten to do the thing and then complain that people are gonna be mad at you when you do the thing.
Speaker 3: You're you're holding the government hostage and that's objectively annoying to people.
Speaker 2: Brett stop.
Speaker 1: Let's see Dolly three is out and the image examples that I've seen it's not like out and I'm generating images with it. It's been released to a handful of people, and the images that they've released as part of the you know announcement are very like realistic looking. There's also a pool quote from the story that gets that like the thing that makes it hard to get like appropriately freaked out about AI where they're like this one shows a particular knack for images containing letters, numbers, and human hands, which I get like, having seen the previous Dolli's work, I guess I get that that's an improvement. But it's just funny like that those are It just reminds me of like when I like gave up on drawing, you know, in third grade because like hands were too hard to draw.
Speaker 2: I was like, I don't know, all my hands just looks like a child drawing of a flower. You know.
Speaker 3: That's when I knew right around like second where you would see other where other kids were at with drawing. Yeah, and you look down at your paper, you're like, oh.
Speaker 1: The hands man, But I don't I don't know. This does seem to be the thing that Dolly up to this point has had a problem with. You were you were saying before we start recording, there is something about like the Dolly image generation that and the problems, like the weakness weak points that is so reminiscent of dreams.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like it's all those things that there are some of those things that you hear about like oh you can't like read in dreams or hands look weird? Is something stuff like that. It's it's very dream like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, letters and numbers and also like yeah, it's some of the images, because like when I picture Dolly, like just close your eyes right now. And when I say, like, Dolly image, what do you picture?
Speaker 3: I it's it's almost I feel like, in twenty something years it's gonna be like you remember vapor wave. I feel like there's gonna be like a Dolly wave. Thing of the way. There's a specific sort of way that these images look. There's a certain like sheen to them where it's immediately obvious to me.
Speaker 2: Now when something's been made by.
Speaker 3: Especially these types of images that they're showing, like the types of images they want people to prompt, not like you know, like stuff you're trying to trick people with. Yeah, Like these just have a very particular rendered kind of look to them.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The thing that I'm picturing when I picture a Dolly painting, and maybe this is just because like I like, you know, we are not I don't know cut that the thing I'm picturing is like that face of the like Botch restoration of the Jesus Fresco, like you know where it's like it took a realistic painting of Jesus' face white Jesus has made up face and like turned it into a weird like third grader's drawing like that, that's what Dolly looks like in my mind like that.
Speaker 2: There there are good works where.
Speaker 1: It's like, oh damn, like this is really cool, but then like always around the edges are just like these weird things where it's like, yeah, that's cool, except like George Bush has a pillow for a head or something, you know, like it looks like someone drew a stick figure in.
Speaker 2: That one, like it it's just yeah, it's yeah.
Speaker 3: I definitely prefer the more abstract images that you can generate because that's what has like yeah, it's it's creepy. Uh yeah, And I can't tell you why it's creepy, but it's like yeah, and I'm it's it's also made me like look at people's hands and pictures more, which is annoying to me. Yeah, And I don't know why where I just like I have to check now where I'm like make sure you're not or is this a real photo? And I I have to spin my little top like fucking inception.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: If I'm awake, that's good.
Speaker 1: Any lucid dreamers out there, if you if you're able to let us know, do like does your brain have trouble with hands in like when you're dreaming, like, can can you look down at people's hands and be like, oh my god.
Speaker 3: I feel like I feel like I've heard that is a thing, but I'm that might be a false memory.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like a lot of the Dolly like misfires look like when you wake up from a dream when you have a fever of like one hundred and three.
Speaker 3: You know, I had some wild dreams. But you know what when I did actually literally have a fever dream, it involved numbers explicitly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your brand's like connecting different parts that it's like not supposed.
Speaker 2: To and it was just dream.
Speaker 3: I was having trouble with math at the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, It's like Dolly three is like death fever level. Uh dream dream logic. Well, I think that's I think that's been plenty. Brian, thank you for stepping in for Miles. Well he's away for the day.
Speaker 3: My pleasure.
Speaker 1: It is wonderful having you. I would ask where people can find you? But do you prefer to remain unfound?
Speaker 3: I am elusive and reclusive and that rhymes Jack emitted.
Speaker 1: Wow, I am gonna have to run that by a couple people, but I will get to you on whether that rhymes. That's gonna do it for us on this Thursday afternoon. We are back tomorrow with a whole ass episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourself, Get the vaccine, don't listen to Florida, get the fucking vaccine, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you all tomorrow. Fight bite the after Doctor Doctor Bat offered