Speaker 1: The volume, Who are the pretenders? And who are the contenders?
Speaker 2: We're more than halfway through the NFL season, but Draft Kings Sportsbook is still pumbing out unbeatable offers every single game. New customers can bet just five bucks on anything and get two hundred dollars instantly in bonus bets.
Speaker 1: Draft Kings isn't stopping there.
Speaker 2: All customers can take advantage of a switener offer every game day this October. Get in on all the football actions with Draft Kings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NFL. Download the out and out and use Cold Shannon. New customers can bet just five dollars on anything and get two hundred dollars instantly in bonus bets only. Draft Kings Sportsbook with Cold Shannon. The Crown is Yours.
Speaker 3: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or visit www dot one eight hundred gambler dot Net, New York called eight seven seven eight Hope and Why or text hope and Why to four six seven three six nine and can Etiquette help us available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino and Resort in Kansas. Licensing partner Golden Nugget like Charles and Louisiana twenty one plus age varies by jurisdiction void in Ontario. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. See Sportsbook dot DraftKings dot com, slash Football terms for eligibility and deposit restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 1: Hello, welcome to another episode of Nightcavin.
Speaker 2: I'm your favorite, Uh, Shannon jar He's your favorite. Eighty five seca beth Rot run in NFL history.
Speaker 4: History, Pro Bowl Blast six should have been seven.
Speaker 2: Bengals Ring of Famer Schad O Joe sink Johnson, O Joe.
Speaker 5: What's going on, bro Man. I'm feeling good. I'm feeling good. I'm happy. I'm glad to be here again. It just it's something about the day.
Speaker 4: I was excited and just waiting for this opportunity to be on the show to night because I got so much to talk about. I have so much to get off my chest, and that's pretty much it. I'm ready to go.
Speaker 2: Before we jump into the topics, please make sure you hit that subscribe button if you haven't already, please tell family and friends so you're notified with Ocho and our going live, and we do that quite frequently. We're thinking about adding another day. We haven't decided on that yet, but another day. Make sure you click that subscribe button to make sure that you are notified anytime Nightcap is available.
Speaker 1: Unk and O Joe.
Speaker 2: The Vikings hand Niners the second straight loss twenty two seventeen brock Perty twenty one of thirty two seventy two one touchdowns, two picks, Kirk Cousins thirty five or forty five three seventy eight two touchdo one pick. Jordan Addison had a night when Justin Jefferson was out nursing that hamstring injury. He had seven catches above twenty three and two touches. What was one of your big takeaway from the nice game, Ojo?
Speaker 4: My biggest takeaway from the night's game. I said it before the game even started. I tweeted out, I said, Jordan Addison and Hockinson have to have a day. They got to have a day as long as Brian flore As and the defense did what they needed to do. They did just that McCaffrey well into the third quarter, didn't have over three yards of carry, didn't have a They stifle, They stifle kittles until I think, what maybe late in the third quarter he had an over route.
Speaker 5: Now that was his longest, longest catch of the day.
Speaker 4: The defense did their job two interceptions, But offensively, I think the most important thing on why the Vikings won the game. Of course they scored, but on third down they were above seventy percent well into the fourth quarter on third down, being able to get those first downs and keep those drive going and score points. It's one of the reasons why they won the game, outside of the defense planing some goddamn good football.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the forty nine ers could not get off the field on third down, and that's that's when you lose the game, because you give them three more cracks at you.
Speaker 1: You do a great job.
Speaker 2: You can stop them on first down, you stop them on second down, and you're like, Okay, we're one down away from getting off the field, getting giving our offense and opportunity to get back, and they could not get up the field on third down. But it seems like to me Brian Flores what he went into this game said, you know what, Christian McAffrey is not running this football. We won't the elite rock party. We want the ball in his hand and we want him to throw the ball. And you know they got that swing past to McCaffrey. They call him in a blitz on the back side, they swing it out the wide receiver.
Speaker 1: We do a great job of blocking.
Speaker 5: Blocking, Murphy.
Speaker 4: Got to make that tackle, man, Murphy Murphy playing around.
Speaker 5: He got to make that tackle.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: But what do you take away I'm looking at I'm looking at defenses and the way they're going to approach the forty nine ers, especially with no Debo and Trent, because I thought they did.
Speaker 1: A great job of protecting considering Trent wasn't in there.
Speaker 2: But they shut down McCaffrey and the run game and put the ball in brock Perty' sayd says, we don't believe you can beat us, right.
Speaker 4: I think, well, you know what, not only did they believe that he couldn't beat us, they did a great job obviously stopping the game, but the secondary played really well as what played really good as well, being able to stop kittles with Debo being out. Obviously, Trent Williams Trim William not being being in there. They did a great job in the secondary. I'm not sure what defense Brian Flores ran tonight. I'm not sure what it was. A yeah, that too, But but what is that telling us? What is that telling us? Brandon Nyuka is out there? Are we saying that they can't get open against Man?
Speaker 2: Well he played, I mean Brandon Nyuk, he called from passes. I mean they were going to him early. He did a great job. Even Jennings got going late, but it was in between, you know, the turnover. It seemed like the forty nine ers of drive about to open the game. After they pickoff Cousins early in the ball, they're driving down the field. McCaffrey costs it up and instead of getting seven three out of that drive, here comes to Minnesota back. They put a drive in the end zone and so instead of being up seven nothing, three nothing, you find yourself down seven nothing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And one of the balls selled on One of the balls selled on Brock I think it might have been a dig route. I think it might have been a dig right. He was trying to throw it. Sel sailed a little bit and once I can't remember his last name.
Speaker 5: It was his last name. I got the interception.
Speaker 4: Once he got that second one, I knew, I had a feeling it was going. I had a feeling he was gonna throw a pick, because whenever you put the ball in the quarterback's hands and you have to score at that point, defensively.
Speaker 5: You can cheat it a little bit.
Speaker 4: You con cheated it because you know they got an in stair way down the football field and not just take one huge chunk right.
Speaker 2: But when you look at it, you could tell early on that the ball was sailing on him. He threw one early to Kittle and got killed hitting the growing, So the ball was selling on him early, and so it felt like, you know what, it might be a problem tonight. Him being able to control the football. I'm surprised considering that work. They are indoors and there is no element that's in play. You have a seventy two degree controlled environment. So I thought he would have better control of the football than what he showed. But give give the Minnesota Vikings credit their defense. And how about Cousins thirty five or forty five, three seventy eight, two touchdowns, one pick and playing well in a primetime game.
Speaker 1: We know Jesson Jefferson, No, JJ, we know.
Speaker 2: We we beat him up when he plays bad primetime Thursday night, Sunday night, Monday night.
Speaker 4: But tonight he was the main, the main reason. Can we call him elite for tonight? I'm just asking based on listen, numbers don't lie. Numbers don't lie, oh Joe, But we got to start. If a guy had a good game, he's elite. If he plays bad, he's a bad can.
Speaker 5: What is asking?
Speaker 1: I'm just asking what is.
Speaker 2: Kirk cousins body of work shown you over a decade? Has his body of work showed you that he's elite?
Speaker 5: Now, it's been up and down.
Speaker 4: But but what Kirk has showed us is that he's capable. He's capable of playing consistent football and making sure and giving his team a chance to win. He just hasn't crossed over that hump yet. But he's consistently, consistently in the regular season. He's good enough to get there. They just haven't gotten over that hump.
Speaker 2: Good old look good enough to get where where we're exactly.
Speaker 1: They're into the playoffs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, yeah, yeah, they They always on the verge for the for the past ten years.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, he just he's like, he's like, he's not elite, but he's like.
Speaker 4: He's like right there, right right on the verge, right right right on the right on the verge.
Speaker 1: What's what's wrong with being in here? Okay?
Speaker 2: If elite's right here and the floor is right here, why can't a guy be in between there?
Speaker 1: Why does he have to be this or that?
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, but listen, he's not He's not that far below when you talk about the floor. He right right underneath the Tier one quarterbacks. He's right there underneath. Based on the body of work that he's put that he's put up the past decade.
Speaker 2: Is he is all right? Forty nine ers had three turnovers in the first six games. They had three turnovers a night. And remember, when a team is down some of their best players, if you're a better football team and you turn the ball over, either you go down to their level or you raise them up to your level, one of the two, whichever one you choose to do.
Speaker 1: But that's what you do when you turn the ball over.
Speaker 2: But give them Minesota credit because they turned the ball over also and they still found a way to win this ball.
Speaker 4: Win one of the things that they were able to stop, and there was no sign of brother Nick Bosa.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, they didn't really get pressure over. I thought they would do a pressure.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I would I would have thought they would have.
Speaker 4: And the fact that Kirk Cousin was able to sit in the pocket with bodies around him and facilitate the ball at will was amazing to see. And the funny thing about it, this entire week of football has been weird.
Speaker 5: Would you consider this upset?
Speaker 1: Yes? Absolutely. The Nineers were seven point favorite.
Speaker 4: Not only was the ninety to seven point favorite. The Patriots beat the Bills, the Steelers beat the Rams obviously, and the Viking just now beating the forty nine ers.
Speaker 1: Who whatever thought.
Speaker 4: I know a lot of people, a lot of gambling and bending people are set at the state of games that happened this week.
Speaker 1: Well, this is this is one thing.
Speaker 2: After watching Kirk Cousins through the years, we know that you got to pressure him if you and this look, this is not earth shattering news. I'm not interrupting your normally scheduled programming telling you something you didn't know. Most quarterbacks, when you punch them in their mouth, it well, you talk about the great Montana, Brady Manning, Elway, whomever. When you pressure them, you greatly reduced their success rate.
Speaker 1: But Kirk Cousins, we know it is even magnified.
Speaker 2: Because those the league guys sometimes when you pressure them, they still will look down the barrel and make a throw. But we've seen Cousins over the years. He kind of folds. He succumbs to a lot of that pressure. But tonight they didn't get pressure on him, and his.
Speaker 1: Stat line shows that they didn't get pressure on him.
Speaker 2: That thirty five or forty five three seventy eight two touchdowns on a pick. So in this division, do you think the Vikings can give the Lions trouble? I think the Lions. I think even though they lost handedly yesterday to the Ravens, I still believe that this is the Lion's division to lose.
Speaker 5: I think it is still the Lion's division.
Speaker 4: The Lions are playing really good football right now, and I think even though they are coming off of a loss, they're going to respond extremely well in their next game. The Vikings without Justin Jefferson aren't beating the Lions. And I think even with Justin Jefferson coming back and them having to work him back in slowly, even though he's coming off injury. I think it's too much too much ground to make up to actually unsee the Lions and winning and winning that division.
Speaker 5: Too much, too much ground to make up.
Speaker 2: Okay, it was announced today that the Miami Dolphins will be featured on HBO Hard Knocks. I guess it's for the rest of the season, right, for the rest of the season. Obviously, they have very compelling storyline. Mike McDaniel, Hey, he loved to have fun. They do his interview and he takes off running. He's very animated on the sideline. He's very jovial. You got too in his story You got Tyreek in that track team. So I think it's a very compelling storyline. You and I were both on the show. We started. I was in Baltimore in two thousand and one and we kicked off Hard Knocks. Yeah, you were on the fifth and the seventh season. Talk about some of your experience with the cameras and having to try to offer the fans a glimpse of a day in the life of a player that's in training camp, being a veteran player.
Speaker 4: Listen, that was one of the best experiences to me, obviously, allowing people to see what it's like inside inside of training camp, seeing the way the work ethic that not just I put in, but my teammates, what goes into day to day practices, our schedules, as far as meetings. Obviously the cutthrow part of the business. Obviously you know when it's when it's time to get cut. But it was fun. It was very fun, just just being myself, being authentic, being being my my going organic self. And I really enjoyed it. I really enjoyed it. It was the birth. It was the birthing of child. Please one of my sayings, and kiss the baby and some other stuff like that. And it just a lot of people to see a different side of a different side of us outside of seeing the finished product on Sundays at one o'clock and what I like to call the politically the politically correct interviews that we do on Sundays after games.
Speaker 5: I think that.
Speaker 4: That that's hard Knocks is really good because it shows a different side of all the players.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it gives you an opportunity the players getting ready, the meeting time, how much meeting time, the prep work, guys getting massages, and the guys getting in the cold dub and the guys doing things to get ready, because you break you down, you break your body down, and then somehow you got to get it back together for the next day at practice, and and and and the and the difficult side, some of these players dreams will go unrealized. You made it there, but this is as far as it goes. And the realization that my dream of being an NFL player is not going to materialize. And now I've got to branch back into the real world and get it.
Speaker 1: You had a great run.
Speaker 2: You're probably a pretty good high school player, good the great high school player, had a good had a very good excuse me, college career, but that next level isn't going to happen to you. And sometimes watching the guys because you get you get close to some of the guys and you see how hard and how much work they put into it, and then to realize that you know what it's over now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, listen, that's a that's a tough job. That's a tough tough job to do it, especial for coaches. And when you get there, when you hear that knock on the door, you know and say, man, that's Man, that has to be one of the worst feelings. And the fact that, obviously hard nuts is cut it out. I think I think they cut out that part where they where they show people getting released.
Speaker 5: Now right, they no longer show that. Listen, list it's.
Speaker 4: It's honest, it's it's just it's just the truth of the business, and it's it's just the way it is. Obviously, my childhood dream, it wasn't even to be a NFL player.
Speaker 5: I wanted to be a veterinarian. I wanted to be a marine biologist because I love dogs and I love killer whales.
Speaker 4: But the fact that Grandma, obviously with football being my outlet and something for me to do based on the area where I was in, because it's either your plan sports and there's no other route, I definitely wanted to be no academic scholar. I can be honest with you. I'm just gonna be honest with you. Hey listen, but listen, listen. Grandma is the reason I was able to make it, Man. And that day when I saw that name, when I saw that name go across that across that tickericker, yeah she was. She was the first one I went to, Man and I told her, I say, mommy, we made it.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 4: She told me, listen, this is just the beginning of your journey, right, it is again and then and then it starts all back over again. It's a it's an entire different set of goals that I had to set and conquered.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're actually absolutely right.
Speaker 2: And that's what a lot of times I tell the guys, I say, this is the end, this is the beginning. So now this is step one. You're here making the team. Now is it just good enough that you made the team? What do you want to be? I didn't want to be a guy, just the guy. I wanted to be the guy I wanted to be depended on. I wanted the guys. I wanted people to have my jersey. I wanted people to like throw the ball to Sharp. I wanted my team and say, hey, man, get up, Man, get up thanking the Sharp, get up, thank the Shark. That's what I wanted to hear. It wasn't good enough, like I'm on the team. Oh yeah, I played for the Broncos. What position do you play?
Speaker 1: You know? Do you start or what do you do? No? No, no, no no no. I needed people to know.
Speaker 2: I needed what when my grandmother turned the TV over, my sister would turn the TV onto the channel that we're going to be on that she knew her baby was out there. Yeah, live, I saw my baby. He was he had a good game. So that for me, that was my goal. That's what it was, not just getting to the NFL, because I'm always dreaming. But now that I'm here, I can't go back.
Speaker 5: Right right listen.
Speaker 4: I had no choice could go back because, like my grandma told me, I got in trouble at Lang's University and I got thrown out of school. And I told you, I came home on the plane and she said, I washed my hands with you. I've done all I can do, and ship me to my mama. There was no coming back. So once I made it, once I got the opportunity in the NFL, there were no more doors. There were no more doors I could walk through us. I had no choice but to make it work. And of course I get drafted by the Bengals. At that time, we were the laughing stock of the NFL, and I got my homeboys in the hood. You know, we in Liberty City. We celebrated like Lee o Cho. Well, you went to the Bengals.
Speaker 1: They laughing.
Speaker 4: Was like, listen, give me a year or two and it won't be so funny. I said, give me a year or two and I will do all I can to make sure we're not the laughing stock of the league. But I would make us fun to watch again. I would give that city and those fans something to be proud of. I would make people happy and feel okay wearing jerseys Cincinnati jerseys outside of Cincinnati, and I think I just did that.
Speaker 5: Obviously.
Speaker 4: The end goal is to have a Lombardi Trophy, but that's a team, that's a that's a team achievement and accomplishment.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't. I fell short of that, but everything else I lived up to.
Speaker 2: But going back, what was I going back to? The reason I thought so hard was I didn't have to go back, go back to visit, but I wasn't going back to state. There was nothing. There was nothing. There was no gravitational puol. And that's why I didn't understand OJO. I had guys, I had teammates in college when I got to Savannah State in eighty six, and I remember there are guys and they even I can remember guys that were very talented, but they're like, man, sharp, this ain't for me. Man, I got to get back home. I mean be it was a girl that I mean. I had a couple of teammate that had girlfriends back home and they were whole sick. You serious him out?
Speaker 1: Are you serious? Yeah? Da dead ass, Yes, they had to go back. I had. I had a teammate. I had a teammate that was so good.
Speaker 2: He was.
Speaker 1: Uh, he went to he got he was, he went to the league.
Speaker 2: I ain't gonna call his name because I'm not gonnambarrass him, but yeah, he wanted he wanted to come back and hang with his home boys.
Speaker 1: You want to come back and hang with his home boys?
Speaker 5: Dead ass?
Speaker 1: He was. He was good.
Speaker 2: He was His feet, his feet was as good as any dB that I faced. I'm not saying he was the best dB that I faced, even in the league. But his feet, the way he could get in and out of breaks, the way he could flip his hips.
Speaker 1: But he wanted to be with his homeboys.
Speaker 5: Help me, help me understand.
Speaker 4: I've been playing the game of football since I was four years old, having a dream, obviously of reaching the childhood pinnacle of my dreams of being an NFL player and getting the opportunity, getting the opportunity to do so.
Speaker 5: And his first thought was I want to go home, hang on my homeboys.
Speaker 2: But that was your dream. I'm not so sure that was his dream. He happened to be good at it. He was good at it in high school, he was good at it in college. But I mean, at a certain point in time it comes you have to make up your mind, how good do I want to be and do I want to make this a career?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Because you know, once you get that level, everybody, everybody was All Conference, everybody was an honorable mentioned All America and got a Bruckers.
Speaker 1: And see, the thing is, O Jodan, this is what I tell people.
Speaker 2: Whenever you come to the Broncos or whenever you came to the Ravens, whatever ward you want, we had to see what it deserved. Whether you were the Buckers, whether whether you were the Thorpe you want a Heisman trophy, you were all American.
Speaker 1: I needed to see.
Speaker 4: Why, right right, right right, Hey, that's hard to picture, man, that's hard to picture.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to wrap my head around.
Speaker 4: Even though even if that wasn't his dream, to be able to reach the pinnacle of being one of the one percent, Like, how do you say that and want to go back home?
Speaker 1: Go back home and do what? How many home boy you had in high school that was.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I dropped out to smoke weed, dropped out.
Speaker 4: I know, I know people, I know people gonna see this. That's from that's from Miami. I had so many people from Miami Central, from Miami Northwestern.
Speaker 5: Keeling High School. I can go.
Speaker 4: I can go through so many high so many schools where people were much better than I was. I was decent, I'm I'm I'm like I like to call it, I was a late bloomer. I was a late blooming. There was some dudes that I knew were going to the NFL that were much better than me, and for whatever reason, I don't know what happened obviously, once I left the college. You know, we all lose track at some point, we lose track at each other. But dude, there are people that I looked up to in high school. To this day, I can name them off. I wanted to be like them growing up. Magic Ben Marquie Cooper, Cedric Cherry uh Snoop Minace uh Lynn Coleman sat, well, hold on, hold on, I can I can go it make I got chills, just not right now. I think about some of them dudes, man too to add, well, I can keep going. Man, it's so many, dude. I want to be like all them boys, and I look up to them.
Speaker 5: And one of the reads not not Cedric, what's role Damn? What's his name? What's his name? From? Norlan Man? No?
Speaker 4: Not not smart? Because somebody played with me, remember tomorrow with the scene. I was a freshman at Beach Eye. He played receiver at Oh my role on my role?
Speaker 5: Play play play receiver like. I wanted to be like them.
Speaker 4: And one of the things that kept me going was watching them play when I was younger, and I just wanted to make it. I just want to be I wanted to be like Magic, you know. I wanted to be like man, Oh my goodness, Tyrone Butterfield, Ronald Washington, all these dudes. Like I'm like, oh my goodness, I want to be like them. And I think the drive and me want to be successful like them is what got me to the NFL. And still to this day, I ain't seen these boys and so long, but this is one of the few times I've been on the platform that of them, they probably gonna see this. Man, I appreciate y'all because they is part of my motivation. I just would I never saw them to be able to let them know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think a lot of the best part about Hard Knocks. We get back on subject with the Hard Knocks, is that when I have no, no, no, we're good.
Speaker 1: Uh. That's the one thing that we do. We get to talk about what we want to talk about.
Speaker 2: I mean, hey, look, people, you you're tuning in for the football takes, but you stay for the stories, uh that I had because I thought like, kind of like after we did it, it kind of like a lot of other people wanted to get in the line, like I give Brian Bill, like I give Ozzie and credit for this. It's about the players, so Goose myself recipes, Goose raids. God, it was about us and let us give us an opportunity to show our personality because a lot of times it is about playing pranks. It is about playing jokes on one another and doing things I wish you could like if they could have a when we were when when I went back to Denver, how we used to steal teammates car, drive them off for like, drive them like a mile. You could see it in the dissteps we take, we leave it. We lead a car running with the doors over. So now you look up there on to here, you look up that like man, man searp man, Why you do that matter? I don't know what you're talking about, bro, I'm at practice. How you how I take your car way up there, leave it on running with the doors open, man, and then when they get out, the battery dead.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Or we would take their clothes in the cold tank when they get out, put them in the freezer when they get out, they steal. Man, ain't know what they did this, But syap, bro, why sharp did everything? Why I gotta beat the guy? Y'all blame me?
Speaker 5: They got me good my rookie year. I never forget I had.
Speaker 4: I had an I S three hundred, I S three hundred and first car ever, first guy I didn't have. I didn't have a car until I got to the NFL. I had a little smaller I S three hundred. And they turned my car on, roll the windows down, and somebody took the fire extinguisher and they spread the fire extinguisher and let it off in the car are So when I woke up the following morning, the entire interior is all white. So now I come out. I come out, I'm thirty eight hot, I'm like yo.
Speaker 5: I go to I go to coach. It was Dick Labou at the time.
Speaker 4: I go to Dick Labo, I say, coach, coach lebo man, somebody playing around my car.
Speaker 5: Man, I just got this, like what we're doing. And then he explained to me how it goes on in the NFL. You're rookie. It's a part of the haters, a part of the routine. Boom.
Speaker 4: Same day, on the same day, I go to practice. My clothes I wore to go to practice.
Speaker 5: I come in.
Speaker 4: They soaking in the cold tub. Yep, they didn't put they didn't put my clothes in the cold tub. So now I'm hot and I want to fight. And then until I find out it's the goddamn d Limon. It's the goddamn it's the goddamn d Limon playing jokes. I ain't want no part of that. Yeah, I ain't want no part of that.
Speaker 2: We did all kind of stuff. I mean, we got we like, okay, you know, because we like to wait till the last minute. We already got our path, you know, got our pants on, and so we know we're gonna grab your pants like the lake. So we're gonna put We're gonna put powder, or we'll put water in from your shoulder pans. So we reached up there and pull him down. Yeah, dumping on you nail the locker shut. So I go back theail the locker show Lockershew, they can't get in it.
Speaker 1: What about.
Speaker 4: What about the baby powder baby your helm and the baby the baby powdered the helmet or you put the helmet on.
Speaker 2: Or we put or we put a warm knicker bar in your helmet and you put it on. Chocolate and everything. Hey, but that was it. I mean, look, that was to get through. But you know, but you knew who to do that to and who not to do that to. Definitely definitely calls a fight. Now get ugly now you know you knew who to play with and who not to play with. Sean Payton says he got sushi with the family, even though he doesn't eat sushi or he doesn't like sushi. He says, I'm driving home last night heading to get sushi. I don't like sushi, and I find myself circling around the pocket lot. Why can't I be Why can't I be happy? Well, you're searching for the perfect game. I'm just that way. I'm a good team player here. My wife likes it, my kids like it. Hell, everyone at the party likes it. So I'm a team player. My children would never take take me to a sushi restaurant. I barely even order alcohol in front of me. Are you that big of a team player? That is something that you don't like? And most sushi restaurants that's all they got. It's not like they got a diverse menu that you can choose from. Okay, you know what, I want a burger, Okay, you know what. I think I'm gonna get a chicken most of the time when it's sushi. That's kind of what the menu. Because I'm not so sure you going to a restaurant that has a diverse menu, that has sushi, has burger, half pize, sons and stuff like that. Now, so you're kind of limited when you go to a sushi restaurant. Are you a team player?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I think I'm a team player. To an extra.
Speaker 4: But if my team, if my team and my family, my wife and my kids actually love me, I don't think they will put me in a position to take me somewhere where they know I'm not going to enjoy the food. And that's including my woman too. I would hope you know, you don't force me to do something. Yes, so you can say, well, if.
Speaker 5: You love me, you'll do it.
Speaker 4: Well, if you love me, you wouldn't have had me doing something that you know I don't like before you met me, right, I would hope so.
Speaker 5: But I understand where I understand where sawn is coming from.
Speaker 4: If the kids like it, if the wife likes it, that's a part of marriage, that's a part of being a relationship.
Speaker 5: It's called sacrifice. Sometimes you got to do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, you're right, You're right. It's tough. But I'm very fortunate that my kids know my palette right, and so they know, like, okay, when they build this, when they talk about going not to eat the first thing, I mean, they know me so well, Okay, what is Daddy going to eat?
Speaker 5: Mm hm.
Speaker 2: So they think it though, even though it's them, it's like they know Thataddy is going to only eat certain things and so and daddy is probably and daddy's paying for it.
Speaker 1: So let's make sure.
Speaker 2: Let's make sure, let's make let's make sure daddy, daddy likes it.
Speaker 4: You know what I do like though, when now now that we're on the top of restaurants and eating my kids obviously, you know I have a lot of kids, and I have I have two divas at maybe three.
Speaker 5: I have one that's a little bit more Leeyan. I have two divas.
Speaker 4: Shot a in Jaciro, shut shout in Jakira, and they are five star eating, dress up, giving looks, make a pair last year. Everything got to be done now for them, for them too. I don't care where you want to go. You want to go to Poppy State, you want to go to Zooma, all those all those nice restaurants. Will I would the highest stuff. I will take the time out to go in there and fake it, right, I would go. I would go in the fake it because it's not a it's not an all the time thing. It's just it's an occasion. Obviously, everybody's in college. You know, my daughter's out in La So anytime we're home and we can all get together, I have no problem being a team player when it comes to them.
Speaker 2: But the best part about it is my kids are really not finicky. They're pretty much I mean, they're I think because of the way that when we went out we kind of went to like American Fair, we didn't really we didn't really branch out. So we were like, Okay, let's let's go get sushi, or let's go to let's go get tied, or let's go get you know, we didn't we didn't do that. So for the most part, they're like, okay, we're going. Yeah, we went to high end state restaurants and things of that nature, so that's kind of where their palete is now. I think my youngest I think Pooh will eat sushi. I think does. I'm not so sure about Kayla. Uh, she's She's never mentioned it to me. But I think my youngest daughter, Pooh, I think she does eat it and sushi already sushi. Yeah, my kids grown, bro, I ain't got no young kids like you.
Speaker 1: No, hell no, Listen.
Speaker 4: That's another that's another topic we can get on about, you know, you starting back over man, getting having a nice, a nice little one, you know, because it could make even even though you I'm not gonna say your age, but having another child, you know, it can do wonders for you. Man, it could do wonders for you and just and bringing that youth back into your life. So that's another topic we can touch on later on, later on down the line.
Speaker 2: It'll bring one of them. It'll bring my summers to a close. You know, I look at my life as far as summers. I like to think that I got at least twenty summers left. I'm not so sure of bringing the kid into the equation. Don't take about five or six of them summers off?
Speaker 5: No, not really.
Speaker 4: So if you think you got twenty summers left without an infant, you know, with an infant, you might want to add ten more summers of that.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying, it's in the it's in the Bible.
Speaker 2: Look, I got I got off. I got off really good. My kids were really good. Obviously, my oldest daughter she lived with me and her junior and senior year, and so you know, obviously you get you get you get a get a young lady with her emotions and get me. I'm rigid. I'm very structured. She's not rigid. She's not structured. But I think the thing now and talking to her now, and I'm so proud of of the young woman that she's turned into, is that when we have conversation, she's like Dad. I didn't see it at the time, but I really appreciate it now. And it's kind of like it was when I was with my grandmother when they telling my grandmother and my grandfather sharing all these stories.
Speaker 1: You a kid, you don't know, You just want to do what you want to do.
Speaker 2: But now and for me, and I tell people this all the time, I can remember everything my grandfather said to me. My grandfather died in seventy In February seventy seven, I was eight years old, about to be nine, and I can remember everything my grandfather, grandfather said. I can tell you I lived, my grandmother lived until I was forty three years of age. I can tell you every time my grandmothers ever got upset at me, and I can tell you why, and I can.
Speaker 1: Tell you what I did.
Speaker 2: That's how the impact of what they were, what they said, and how they how they treated me, the impact that it had. And so for my kids to like appreciate it, because look, I was hard on them I was.
Speaker 1: I was because yeah I was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you were you were the disciplinarian, absolutely, yeah, see I was.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 4: I was a total opposite and and one of one of the few things that I commend those that I have kids from.
Speaker 5: They did one hell of a job. They did one hell.
Speaker 4: Of a job because I was more lenient, I was more leaning, and all my kids turned out to be phenomenal in the area as far as getting in trouble and making some of the right decisions. And I take I don't, I don't. I don't want to take the credit. I'm not going to see him pretend that I will take the credit for what they turned out to be. All credit is due to the mothers and because of them, and because of the structuring and discipline that they did have, even with the young ones. It's the same way everyone that's turned out to be phenomenal. And I've never been on a platform like this to be able to give them the credit that they do and give them their just do. But man, most definitely, I'm very, very very grateful for them. But because of that structuring discipline, it's allowed me to be able to do some of the things that I've done now even to this day, just throughout throughout the years and everything is going so smooth and transition because of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was difficult because I'm a way away playing and when they come over, you know, the mom was a little bit was a little more or less will look lenient than I am. So you ain't standing on the couch, you're not jumping on the bed, you're not running through the house, you're not leaving doors opening things like that. So they looking at me like, but you know, to their mom's credit, you know, there's like, okay, they were kind of like, your dad is a little different than I am. Your dad's a little bit more structured. Your daddy is it always cares a little bit more as the mom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if so.
Speaker 2: But to give those guys credit, their parents, their mom did a great job. They always the kids always had obviously the utmost and even though we had you know, we had our issues at time because you're young, same same, same had our issues and but we worked through those things. I think the thing the biggest thing for me is that looking back at it, like, Okay, I could have handled that differently. Yeah, you could have. And we talked about it and I think we're in a great place now. But the kids, for me, they understood. You know, I could just give my kids that because I would take them to the mall and and and people would ask like, how do you get your kids to do that?
Speaker 1: Like do what?
Speaker 2: Like they sit down, they don't move, they're not running around. I mean my kids would be all over the place right, Oh no, don't play that. M hmm, you show out, you get wo wide. It's really that's how my but see, you know, if you're not sat my grandma man, but you know, if you're not careful, you would do it. And you know you're like and I didn't, you know, I didn't discipline my kids much. It had to be something that that that really I thought that they really needed to learn a lesson in this situation because and and people like, well, why you so hard on them? I said, I wouldn't be if they were gonna stay that.
Speaker 5: Size and that age.
Speaker 1: I let them do it. Well they want to do because.
Speaker 2: But one day they're gonna be teenagers, and if I'm fortunate enough, I'll see them have they'll build the dogs, and I'll be able to see my grandkids. So I need to teach them right from wrong and understand and discipline and work ethic.
Speaker 1: You want something, hey, you need to you know.
Speaker 2: And and I've had this conversation with people that are that work their way from the mud, Like we say, we got it out of the mud and we.
Speaker 1: Got the concrete right.
Speaker 2: How do you instill that work ethic in them when they got when you got twenty five thousand, you got made, you got chef, you got your first you got security details. How do you instill that.
Speaker 4: That's a good question in your kids. I'm asking you, how did you do that?
Speaker 1: Well? What did I tell you? Yeah, I'm last option, not first choice?
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, I'm gonna try that. I'm gonna try that.
Speaker 4: But it's hard for me to say no, I'm I'm gonna be honest with you. I'm hard whether I'm the first option of the last option. If somebody text my phone you know it's coming, well.
Speaker 2: I think the thing is for me is that they know it better be a good reason. Now, the question is why didn't you come to me first? You get yourself in a buying because you trying to do something and not let me find out about it. I'm gonna need to know why you didn't come to me first, Right, I don't need to know all your business. You're grown, but remember not if you've grown, you've grown all the time. Don't be grown when you need daddy, because you don't love I've grown you don't you know you're grown. But it took me. It took me a while to be able to like, okay, they are grown, because I remember the first time I went out with my kids and they came back with the drink menu and my kids, my kids got the menu and they looking like, okay, I'll take this, and I look like, yeah, like daddy, we twenty five, twenty six, Yeah, yeah, yeah, you're right, y'all.
Speaker 4: They caught me off guard on our trips, you know, we take our annual trips when everybody get out of school.
Speaker 5: Man, we and we and we in Jamaica, we in Mexico.
Speaker 4: And I'm looking at y'all ordering who or the what, and I'm looking at real and it had and it hadn't clicked, even though they've grown, you know, twenty five Yeah, like okay, okay, okay, okay, I'm not I'm not I'm not used to that. And then I'm doing the preaching but why y'all not like your daddy? Why y'all not like your dady because your daddin't never had a sip of alcohol the day in life here y'all go, y'all drinking?
Speaker 2: Dang, you know what, It's all good, But that's them to have their own identity. What what got me excited doesn't get them excited. And I wanted them. I wanted them to have their own identity. And for the most part, my kid don't won't tell you who they are.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Obviously my oldest daughter, she kind of looks like me, so the first thing they see or they're like, you look just like your dad.
Speaker 1: But if you if you don't know, I ain't gonna tell you.
Speaker 2: My youngest daughter kind of got my name right, but she'll tell people that's like, are you related to that that former football player? She's like, no, my mom just liked this name though she's the root for the Broncos, and she liked his name.
Speaker 4: So I can't all all all my kids look like me, but that that's a good thing because I look goody good.
Speaker 1: You know, how many how many you have? How many? How many? How many girls?
Speaker 5: Eleven in the possible.
Speaker 1: How many how many, how many boys? How many girls?
Speaker 5: Eight and three? Eight girls? Eight eleven?
Speaker 4: Is the possible? I'm I'm not I'm not finished. I'm not finished either, Huh. I'm not finished.
Speaker 5: Yeah man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, baby, she's trying to pretend like she's sleep Yeah, I'm working, man, I can't listen. One thing you can't do in life is you can't in on the odd numbers. You can't in on the odd numbers. That's that's bad luck. I have kids is bad Look, I ain't bad luck. The cup run is over? Yeah, my bank account don't.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 2: While we all love watching our favorite teams on television, there's nothing better than being at a game live and in person, sitting court side ticket for me, and the best way to get tickets to any of these games is on game Time, the fast and growing ticket app in the US. Game Time is obsessed with finding ways to help you save money on tickets. You can find exclusive flash deals and sponsored deals on games and concerts daily, and with game Time guarantee you'll always get the best price. If you find the tickets in the same section and row for less, game Time will credit you one hundred and ten percent of the difference, so take the guests work out of buying tickets with game Time. Download the game Time app, creat an account and redeem code Nightcap for twenty dollars off your first purchase. Terms apply again. Download game Time app. End of the code Nightcap that's inn I ghtcap for twenty dollars off. Download game Time Today, Last minute tickets Lloyd's price guaranteed. Hey, check this out, O Joe? Did you see this? Women listed the places men shouldn't take them on a first date.
Speaker 1: Did you see that? O Joe? Did you see these? Players? So I'm trying to figure.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, So I'm just trying to figure out where the hell am I supposed to take you. I can't take you the Apple Bee's or Chili's or Red Lobster or Buffalo Buffet.
Speaker 5: Iha.
Speaker 1: We can't go bowling, We can't go to the hookah bar. We can't go to waffle house.
Speaker 2: We can't go to a sporting event, not family pumptions, not a coffee date.
Speaker 1: We can't even go to church. I know what.
Speaker 2: I want God to look down and say, you know what, they're a cute couple. I'm a I'm a blessed bill.
Speaker 4: I think I think this list was made just for the sake of creating engagement, because I'm looking at some of this stuff. Movie night, who don't want movie night? Who don't want to go? Bowling clubs? What's running nightwab.
Speaker 1: With Chief k Factory number seven?
Speaker 3: With you?
Speaker 1: You can't take me to your house?
Speaker 4: Listen, depending on the guy and fellas, I know you're watching this. If she likes you, if she really likes you for you, where you go doesn't matter because she's just happy to be in your presence. If she has a problem with anything on this list, in any place on this list, it ain't about you. It's what you can do? What so what about we just that's all the come all to come down to.
Speaker 2: So I guess we're just gonna jump on the full five and then get to the team. We're just gonna drive around. We can't go nowhere?
Speaker 1: Can hell an? It plays off every place on here. We can't go They talk about Starbucks?
Speaker 2: What's I get? Okay, I get the nightclub? I mean, who would want to go on all go somewhere?
Speaker 5: Whoa whoa a strip club Day? You ain't never been on strip club Day?
Speaker 1: But that's the best.
Speaker 5: That's the You ain't listen. You alive, but you ain't living.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: You you're alive, but you ain't living. You ain't never been on the You gotta do that for me. Come to toutsies with me. Let's come down, come down to mimy.
Speaker 5: Let go to tutties.
Speaker 1: Man. I ain't I ain't gonna lie. I have been.
Speaker 2: I ain't been to the strip club probably about probably about sixteen seventeen years.
Speaker 5: See, you know what, that's the problem. That's what's wrong with you right there, that's what's wrong with you.
Speaker 1: Go for the wings. I used to go for the wings. I get the wings.
Speaker 2: Chick magic, ain't mad. I remember what you said in the barbershop. I know what you said. You're gonna name it. You're gonna name a meal after me. So I want that unk. I want that uncle on the menu.
Speaker 4: Listen, let's let's take a trip to Atlanta. You you get, You get your girl, I get my girl. We just go in there and just just have some fun. Just just relax, unwined. Let you let your wings out.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: It just and woosa through some ones, O.
Speaker 1: Joe, if we go.
Speaker 2: Look, I ain't been, like I said, I ain't being but see it's it's different, bro.
Speaker 1: I mean I would Joe. You can't go, Bro, It's gonna be on TMZ and people taking no.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 4: We we were in Atlanta, this black Hollywood, black Hollywood. We ain't got to deal with that. They're not even gonna bother us. It's just you need to listen. I'm telling you work a lot. You're doing a lot. You're doing a lot for a lot of people. You need a rent, you need a reset, you need a mental reset, you need some relaxation aside from something that you.
Speaker 5: Haven't done in a very long time. And you could use that.
Speaker 4: And what better person to have with you and somebody like me that doesn't even do it, I don't even do it.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you when I'm when I want some rest and relaxation. I do. Get to Atlanta.
Speaker 2: I go in my room, I get massages, I get my nails done, I go get a haircut. Right, come on, I come out, I go to the kitchen, I eat, I go back in my room. I don't even cut the TV on, I don't even cut.
Speaker 4: You are alive, but you ain't living, baby. I got you, I got you I got you.
Speaker 2: I want, I want, I want my girl, I want, I want us to do stuff. But going to the strip club one thing I want me her to do. That's the problem. That's the problem. You want to you stuck in your box, in your ways. You have a routine and way that you do things, and that she.
Speaker 1: Got you know what, ojo.
Speaker 2: She would have a better chance getting me going on vacation than getting me to go to a strip doing with her.
Speaker 5: It ain't her. I asked you to go with me.
Speaker 4: Ain't going? Okay? Talking about but we could do that? Okay, next topic, long as long as you say again, back back back to this list, back to this list, Fellas, this list means nothing. When a woman likes you, a woman that likes you will walk with you, hand in hand to the corner stove. A woman that truly likes you, it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter. And if you got to leave with money, if you got to leave with money, you already know what time it is.
Speaker 5: Get in how you're finding, how your fun and keep it moving.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you a question. Where did you go on your first date? Do you remember your first date? McDonald's.
Speaker 5: You know that I don't play. I don't play.
Speaker 4: I don't play, and that and the people that I dated in the past, they're going to see this. With all due respect, I appreciate all y'all. We went the McDonald's. Hold on, man, baby, I'm talking about the first date you ever win on the first date, man, I'm not playing now. I'm not playing. If you can't appreciate what I love the most, then you have no business going me to nothing. Five star, four star, three star, two Yeah, baby, hold on, hold on baby, ain't no huh you can you hear me?
Speaker 5: Tell uncle? Tell uncle? We went for first date? You heard her?
Speaker 1: No, but it's good. I believe you.
Speaker 5: He can't hear you. You gotta scream. He can't hear you. You heard her?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and listen if she had, if she if she frowned up or turned her nose up when I pulled through that drive through.
Speaker 5: Okay, boom, eld be my last time seeing you?
Speaker 2: Nah?
Speaker 1: What you here? Far me? Are me?
Speaker 2: Are you here for the free meal? I'm trying to if I'm not mistaken, you know. Oh, so I didn't go to the prom in high school. I didn't in high school. I was I started dating I started dating a young lady and was she married, got two kids. Now, I ain't gonna put nobody out there. And I think, if I'm not mistaken, the prom we ended up going to Red Lobster.
Speaker 1: Ooh, but the Biscuits stop playing.
Speaker 2: That was that was that was because here's the thing, oh Joe, our coach, coach Hall, like we ran track track track normally fell fell on prom and coach y'all said, what y'all want to do? Now I'm trying to figure out, Okay, I want to go to college. What's the quickest route to get to college, get to the NFL? Make somebody. So I didn't take care of my grandma. I didn't think the problem was going to be the best use of my tak right. Like we were, we would normally run having a track meet normally it was like reach. It was either the region track meet or the state track meet. And so that was that was my thing. But if I'm not mistaken, I think Red Lobster was the first.
Speaker 1: Date that I went on. And uh, but you.
Speaker 4: Know, I wonder how many people would have a problem with Red Lofso I wonder how many people listen to the chedda biscuits at Red Lobster or.
Speaker 1: Red on the list.
Speaker 5: Listen, let me tell you another thing that's topped.
Speaker 4: Tell me you ever had the rolls at Piccadilly's, you ever had to roll the dinner rolls at Piccadilly's, or you never been to Piccadilly's.
Speaker 1: Na, we used to.
Speaker 2: I've never been to Piccadilly's, but there used to be a buffet called uh Morrison's, and I think, I think pad, I think that probably the same thing I remember. I remember my sophomore year. Yeah, well the first time I had never heard of the buffe. For real, I had never heard of a buffe. So coach, so we attract to you and we run the track. Coach said, we run good. I'm gonna take you guys to the buffe. I don't know no buff all, but hell sound good, let's go.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So man, So we get there and like, you know, coach, you know, coaches either like paid, and I just see all this food. I'm like, so I was looking around, like, so what we do we wait for somebody to come services?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I really had never really like been in a restaurant, so I really don't. I really don't know what how this thing is gonna take how what what's the deal? They say, Nah, man, you just go ride and get what you want.
Speaker 1: I was like, so I can get anything that's up here. I can get, you know.
Speaker 2: They got chicken, chicken tenders, mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, make potatoes, all this. They got ice cream, cookies, brown I'm like, so I can get anything I want. Yeah, man, oh cho I wasn't the only one that had never had a buffet or didn't know what the buffet was. So we eat until we make our I mean, me and a couple of myle a couple of my teammates.
Speaker 1: We sick, so guess what we do.
Speaker 2: So, hey, I'm gonna take some of this stuff holding my system to my grandma. So I start getting napkins.
Speaker 5: I put in your pocket.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I put chicken in my pocket. Put some chicken.
Speaker 2: I had like like two or three breasts, some short some drumsticks. And so the coach see us, but he don't say nothing I got, you know, I got cooking in my hand. I got brownest and I don't even really like bride, but I know my grandma. He like, go to fried chicken. So we get on the bus coach all turns around. He says, suckers is all you can eat, not all you can eat and take out? Man, hey, everybody, but I wasn't only one, O yo, I wasn't only one. But I always thought like when I went somewhere like that, Oh, my grandma gonna get some school here.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, for sure.
Speaker 5: What's funny thing.
Speaker 4: I'm looking at the list, I'm thinking I see churches on that too. We think, me and my grandma, Me and my grandma, we went to my Olive Baptist church in over Town, My my Olive it Baptist Church over Town.
Speaker 5: We you think we went to eat out at the church. Every Sunday church is chicken.
Speaker 4: Why do you think I told you I don't like Chris being nosy dipping my hand and her stuff.
Speaker 5: Yeah, come on, man, we went.
Speaker 2: We went to Grandy House to eat, you know, because Sunday was the only time to see we I never had chicken. I never had chicken on any other day but Sunday. Now what you didn't get, what you didn't off with if you didn't eat it all on Sunday, you got some mother fried chicken.
Speaker 1: On Monday.
Speaker 2: But I never had chicken. I never had fried chicken on any other day. That's the only time that we got chicken with Sunday. My grandmother would cut it, you know, my grandma and my aunts would cut it up, and they would fried Sunday fried Sunday morning.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Obviously my grandfather got the two biggest pieces, and so we normally got you get like a short thigh on the wing. It wasn't getting the breath. My grandfather got the breast, he got he got the bed feet. But you know, you might get a short thigh, drumstick, short thigh wing, something like that. But they fried everything, so you know, we eat the neck and things and things like that. So I was like man. And then the next day what you didn't eat, my grandfather, you know, got the fly hour in the water and mother Friday. So now we have fried chicken and whatever vegetable we had, and then we have some mother fried chicken and rice on Monday.
Speaker 1: But hot dogs was Friday. Was Friday night. My grandmother got PAGs.
Speaker 5: Wait hold on with baked beans. How that were bab bees?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: See you doing too much, Joe. We got the hot dog checked this out. We got the hot dog that came fifth in the pack, and they was like you remember them hot dogs that can't fit and they still and they still had the plastic on them when you.
Speaker 1: Put them in. Yeah, that's those are the ones that we had.
Speaker 2: And back then you got bread bread with three loads for a dollar. You get three loads of bread for a dollar, so we got no fit. My grandma buy the thing of fifty hot dogs.
Speaker 1: Man, you tall about like I said that a bun.
Speaker 5: Wait you ain't.
Speaker 4: You ain't had to forget I know, just talk about but I mean, my mama, my grandma used to to make the hot dogs right, the same the same fifty fact you talk about, chop it up the beans with the with the with the little honey and the beans and mix it up.
Speaker 2: What no, no, no, grandy granny wasn't doing all that. You look, my grandma didn't.
Speaker 1: We didn't.
Speaker 2: I mean every once in a while, I mean, the only kind of like vegetables that we, like my grandmother would buy it was kind of like like like cream corn. But most of the stuff it came from a garden my grandmother playing in the garden, or the people that had farms, they had Okrah, they had squashed that had butter beans, that had field PE's things like that, and so you would pick on the share. So if you put you picked two bushes, they got one, you kept one you picked, or they got to you got too. And then you know, you bring them home and then your thumb saw it because you got to shell them. But yeah, but that no, no, no, no, no, but it was but I could, I could, you know, that was those are what That's what I remember.
Speaker 1: Me and my brother we talked about that all the time. Man.
Speaker 2: You remember, you know because my grandmother got paid on Friday one hundred and ninety seven dollars every two weeks, one hundred and ninety seven.
Speaker 5: It's amazing how times have changed.
Speaker 1: Man. Yeah, And.
Speaker 2: Like everybody around me was didn't have money like that, So it wasn't no thing to me.
Speaker 1: It wasn't no thing.
Speaker 2: Because once the summer come, you know we're gonna be able to work in the field that we're gonna be able to make it. So check us out on Joe Jannis said, Lebron James is the number one all time, setting the blueprint for other NBA superstars. Y'allna say, some guys might say he's number two, but other guys like me say he's number one. For twenty one years, you never get in trouble. To be able to take his family, protect his family, raise his kid the right way, you know, happy to be happily married, all those things.
Speaker 1: It's perfect.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like setting a blueprint for the rest of us to come forward.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I think Jannis who's first, the second best player currently playing, Say Lebron James is the goat. Yeah, a lot of guys, a lot of current guys say it's Jordan, and they say it's Kobe, and that's well within the right. I ain't here to right the debate. That's that's your opinion. I think it's Lebron. But what do you take away, what's your tech away from what Yanni is saying.
Speaker 4: Listen, I like what Yanna said. I like what Yanna said. And when there's a standard that's set, or there's a way to gauge someone you would like to be or someone that represents not just the NBA shield to the highest of its highest order, but someone that represents being a father, being a husband, doing everything the right way. Someone that had I would think probably the most expectations on their plate coming out of high school.
Speaker 5: Is Lebron king James.
Speaker 4: He has the tattoo of chosen for a reason, and for him to be able to live up to that with all the pressures and all that that entails, speaks volumes to this day to this day. So some people, some people in preference, will be Jordan's, some people in preference will be Kobe. I'm not sure who else is in the discussion is being the best of all time. But listen what Lebron has been able to do since day one, since he stepped foot on the court one years later. It's respectable and it's commendable, and it's really it's hard.
Speaker 1: How do you argue that?
Speaker 5: How do you argue the fact? Because the facts are right there.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: The thing is, I think even though he had these high expectations, that's I think by everybody estimations, he's exceeded. No matter what you thought he could or couldn't become, he's exceeded your expectations. Yeah, And so for him to do it the way he has it, to play at the level that he has, and the criticism, because you know that social media is a different animal, because everybody now is a GM, everybody now is a former NBA player, everybody now is a head coach. And so now you've got a platform. I've got a platform. Five hundred million, six a billion people have platforms to voice their opinion opinion of.
Speaker 1: What they think a certain player is or isn't.
Speaker 2: And so for him to withstand that Onslaught and a lot of people have taken unnecessary shots at him, but for him to block the noise out and because sometimes the noise can become deafity, Yeah, for him to do it his way and to surround himself because a lot of times I don't know who his father figure was in his life. I think his mama, Gloria Glow, did an unbelievable job because think about it, he didn't go to college, so he didn't have a Dean Smith coach Smith, or he didn't have a coach John Thompson, or he didn't have a coach behind, or he didn't have a coach Kate. And if you think about it, he didn't have one of these a coach all Back or Phil Jackson, one of these great coaches. This him figuring it out his own as.
Speaker 1: A draft of the eighteen turns nineteen, and think about it.
Speaker 2: He says, you know what, I just think and surrounds himself with people that say, you know what, we don't want to hand out, We just want the opportunity. Look what Rich Paul became, Look what Maverick Carter became. Look at where Randy Mimes became.
Speaker 5: Can I can I tell you something real quick?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: And this is a testament to where I was trying to guide you and take you a little bit. And I'm not going to preach to you today, but I want you to listen to everything that you just said, but you're leaving one important fact out.
Speaker 5: We talked about Lebron. No no, no, no, no, stay with me. I stay.
Speaker 4: We talked about Lebron and the pressures that he's had to face and the noise that's been definite throughout his life. He talked about Gloria and the job that she's done, saying that he's never had the coaches that have inspired you about life and kept you on the right track, but there's one piece that was always in place, that was always in place to make sure regards to what was going on the outside. Once he went home, he went home to peace. So that kept him in line, and that was Savannah. And that is something that I've always told you and I will tell everybody else that out there listening and the credit and where it should go.
Speaker 5: Not just Jane, but sometimes when you.
Speaker 4: Have a woman's touch and a woman's guidance and a woman's vision, you might know where you want to go, you might know where you want to go, but there's one person that knows how to open that door and close it behind you to make sure you reach whatever that end goal may be. And what she was able to do for him is speaks volumes on why he's been able to sustain what he's done for such a very long time. Outside of the work he's had to put in, obviously, yes, but it all comes down to having that centerpiece to keep that entire household together.
Speaker 5: And she's the one.
Speaker 4: That's why I'm trying to get I'm not done with you yet.
Speaker 2: But everybody is not everybody's not wired like Savannah. She said her job was to be a wife, make sure her husband was straight, and raise a family. You know, sometimes I want my own I want to do I want to do that, and it's kind of hard when you're mad to a professional athlete, because he's going to be so demanding of your time. And so for her it says, you know, okay, you, I'm gonna push you to the front. I'll stand back, I'm gonna race because because it's hard when you like a Lebron, or you you date or married to a Tom Brady, or you maded to one of these historically iconic, they are very selfish. The greater the player, the greater the ego, and the greater his time restraints are to film, study and his body and doing all these things and to grow. And so a lot of the recitals and the practices, and they're taking the school and the carpool lane.
Speaker 1: He ain't in there. Savannah's doing that, and she's okay with that.
Speaker 2: Sometimes one can become envious, Well, when do I get a break? When are you gonna take him to the school? When are you gonna go to recital? When are you gonna go to ballet? When are you gonna do this? But I don't know what goes on behind closed door. I know who she is. I've never spoken to the woman. I know Bron had a couple of conversations with. But I'm sure uh it's not easy because you do. I mean, hey, sometimes I'm like, man, hell, I wish I could take a day off and not get up and have to go to work. Right, But it's a twenty, it's a three sixty five twenty four seventh.
Speaker 4: Say yeah, three sixty five. Listen, most definitely, most definitely, and listen. It's difficult. I know it is. But again, there's a reason why he set the blueprint, not just not just as a basketball player, but is a father and as a husband.
Speaker 5: It need to be it need to be studied.
Speaker 2: Oh that's me for me, oh jo, If I had it to do over again, if I could go back, Okay, I'm gonna go back and I'm gonna start as a freshman in high school and instead of being a class crown in bull driving around, I'm gonna do my work now. Even if I say, okay, I want to go back and I'm gonna go back to Savatah State, yes, so I would have been able to say no and not you know, oh Shay, you got this great body. Ooh you find I want to talk to you blah blah blah and run with it out of gotten me one woman. Yes, I to sell them like, you know what, down it'll probably save me by four five million dollars, but that's not a hear nor there and now probably would have Now I don't regret.
Speaker 1: You know, my kids love them, They're great. Uh.
Speaker 2: They forced me to become even more regimented, more disciplined, more determined, more dedicated because I now I ain't just worried about granty. I got my I got my own responsibilities outside of granted, outside of my mom and my sister. Although I know my brother, it's a dual deal with my brother that's helping my mom and my grandmother, my sister. Now, I got responsibility that's not his responsibility or it's not our responsibility together. Of all the things, I wish I had gotten married earlier.
Speaker 4: But you know what, you know what, the great thing about life is the great thing about life, fizz. Some people never graduate from high school, some people never graduate from college, but something hits them in life, and regardless of age, you can go back and get your degree.
Speaker 5: Yeah, whether it's high school and go to college.
Speaker 4: Listen, that is gonna be that Listen, that's gonna be my end goal as a part of this show. No matter what we talk about No matter what we do, the ups and the downs, at the end of the day, my sole goal is to find your woman because I can't wait. And all I'm gonna say is I told you so at the wedding.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna get up.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna get up and say I have a have a toast, and the toast is gonna be I told you so.
Speaker 2: Well, I hope it's buttering. I hope it's butter and jelly on that toast, because that's the only toast you're gonna be given to me. Las campbell uh says he spins between two hundred and three hundred thousand on his body after studying Brady and Lebron. I know you played against Klaios, big guy out of Denver, Colorado, wanted to be a tight end. I've talked to Khalais and said, you know what, man, I wanted to be like you, but I kind of grew out of the position and I couldn't.
Speaker 1: Catch the ball like you could. If you knew what you know.
Speaker 2: Now, how would it have changed your career or would you have done anything as far as training, as far as nutritional What would you have done different knowing what you know now.
Speaker 4: Knowing what I know now, I wouldn't have done a thing different. I respect individuals like Lebron and Tom Brady and the way they've taken care of their bodies and having to do some of the things that come with it. Khalais Campbell spending two hundred three hundred thousand. Obviously he's a bigger individual than I am, and therefore the wear and tear on his body might be a little different than it was for me. If I had to do it again, my diet nutrition wouldn't change. The same thing I ate when I was in high school and through college. I ate it while I was in the NFL.
Speaker 5: The way I trained you already know still to this day.
Speaker 4: I'm a mad man. I'm a mad man. I gotta be doing something. I got I gotta be moving, I gotta be doing something. And I played a very long time. I had no injuries. I had no injuries. So when when Marvin Lewis appointed a nutritionist to the end to our team, I had no There was no reason for me to break what I was already doing because there was nothing wrong with there was nothing to fix. There was nothing to fix, and I think I was very fortunate. I might be one of the most fortunate NFL players to ever play, to play an entire career and having no injuries outside of a dislocated dislocated pinky, you know, a little a little nick here, a little nick there, but nothing major would cost me to miss any time. Therefore, when it comes to nutrition and to talk about taking care of your body, it's like, to me, it's just everybody's different. Everybody's body is different, so it's hard for me to compare. I can't say anything about Lebron, I can't say anything about Khalais Campbell or any other players that take care of everybody and having to spend money on it.
Speaker 5: To me, I think it's the mind thing. It's a mind thing. I get up.
Speaker 4: I trained hard. I getting the cold too, I getting hot up. I never got massages. I don't want nobody touching me, don't I never got massages.
Speaker 2: And you bleed the cold tub got had something to do with it, or you wouldn't have got in it.
Speaker 4: Oh no, because I just I saw everybody else doing it, So I just wanted to follow what everybody else was doing.
Speaker 5: At TJT.
Speaker 1: You did you did? You did that? Wife? You did this throughout your career?
Speaker 4: Yeah, because T TJ, t J, who Schmazata and Carlston Palmer told me you should get in the cold tub. You running yourself ragged. You're running dude, listen, let me tell you how I practice this is. I was, I was a I want to say that word. I want to say to our word. I was ridiculous. I did a scout team, I went off, I did kickoff. I used to I used to play the gunner. This is in practice, just to get me in rhythm, getting preparing for a game. T O t O's with us in twenty ten. THEO pulled me to the side and said, man, what the hell are you doing?
Speaker 1: What are you doing?
Speaker 4: I'm taking all the goddamn snap. I said, this is how I always get ready for Sundays. He said, man, you running yourself ragged. Man, you're gonna be tired when the games come. I say, t this is the way I practiced it, and I'm used to it. So that was one of that was one of the George that having Tea there and having to show me how to manage my body and minimize some of the work that I was putting in during the week. But that's all that I knew, And I think that's one of the reasons why I never got hurt. I put my body through the ringer constantly to where you know what. When it was time to play and time to get hit and take those hits, I just get right up and keep on.
Speaker 1: What if you getting in the hyperbaric chamber?
Speaker 2: What if you're eating right, instead of having eleven thousand yards you had fourteen thousand, and.
Speaker 1: Instead of having sixty sixty touchdowns, you had ninety.
Speaker 4: How how I just told you I never got hurt. I didn't miss any time. So with the widows numbers gonna come from Madden.
Speaker 2: No, No, maybe instead of and maybe instead of back, maybe you break a tackle. Instead of having a fifteen yard game, you get a thirty yard game.
Speaker 5: I never got tackled by the first man.
Speaker 1: Man, stop it, O yoke.
Speaker 5: You saw you saw what I did the raid. Don't don't play me like that.
Speaker 1: No, I saw you got Listen.
Speaker 5: No, but listen.
Speaker 4: Another thing that I hate people, Oh, I mean healthy. I mean healthy because it's gonna make it gonna help me perform better.
Speaker 5: No it's not.
Speaker 4: No, it's not because how you perform is a skill set. It's a skill set based on how hard do you train and what God has blessed you with. And you're putting the two together, not the food, saying, oh, if I eat salad and I he's healthy and I do all this nutrition stuff, all of a sudden, I'm gonna be Jerry Rice.
Speaker 5: No you're not.
Speaker 1: No, No, listen, you good, You're not.
Speaker 5: No, that's it.
Speaker 2: But I do I do believe. I mean, I mean, but like you said, it's a mindset. You don't believe that. You don't believe it's gonna help. It's not gonna help. There's a reason why doctors tell you that that. There's a reason why doctors tell you when you have surgery to keep a positive mind right right, because my mind really controls the body. So you're not gonna get the benefits out of it because you're already going in with a neggative mindset.
Speaker 4: Even if you're not going in with a niggat mindset, I'm using common goddamn sense in logic telling me what I put that my body is gonna help me before.
Speaker 5: So it's a lie.
Speaker 1: But you I disagree, I disagree.
Speaker 5: I disagree either, you're good at your craft or you're not. You're telling me if you're telling me, or I'm eating solace.
Speaker 4: That means when i'm when somebody is in front of me playing man and man, oh, I'm gonna be able to get open and create separation because of what I put in my works.
Speaker 1: No, you have a seed, but you have a single. But see, here's the thing.
Speaker 2: I believe the guy that trains hard has the better nutritional I think that helps.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying that somebody helps you.
Speaker 4: What in what area your bodies when you get on the field. It's based on your skill set, your skill set.
Speaker 1: But let me ask you a question.
Speaker 2: So why don't they put regular Why do they don't put regulated gas in pot performance cards?
Speaker 1: If it didn't make a difference with the car. Now I'm so, what's your body? What's your body? Is your body not a machine? Yes?
Speaker 5: Yes, it's my temple. So it's my temple.
Speaker 1: Why would you and why would you put you? Why you wouldn't put it?
Speaker 5: The high guys they get it.
Speaker 4: They got they got you believing that ninety seven is the healthy ship.
Speaker 5: That's how they that's how they that's how they fool you and to selling their product.
Speaker 1: Well, here's the thing to Ojo. What I did is that I tried it for myself. Right.
Speaker 2: See, yes, I could have like nah, I said, but let me see. And then I saw what it did. I said to dude, I saw mentally, that's what it did. I saw the changes in my body. I saw the changes when I when I made when I made the switch in ninety three, I said, you know what, I'm going to bring my own food to work. I'm gonna start eating like this. I'm going to start training like this. I saw the benefits. Now, obviously, all these hyperbaric chambers and all this other stuff that came around these physio guys that had these guys, these personal trainers.
Speaker 1: There's a reason why.
Speaker 4: There's a reason why, ocho all that's some money grab man. Can I ask you a question?
Speaker 5: How many is you played?
Speaker 1: I played fourteen?
Speaker 5: You ever been here? Yes? You had any surgeries? Yeah, surgeries?
Speaker 1: I practiced. Fractured my eye socket, eye sockey? What else? Broke my collar bone? Broke what else?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Had scope on my ankle a couple of times.
Speaker 4: Your ankle, Oh, your knees too. I ain't had nothing wrong with me. Yeah, see me doing a pretty boys. I was in the trench. I was in the trenches. I was in the trenches, and I played reckless. Check my resume and check the film you.
Speaker 2: Outside the numbers, bro, I saw you one time. I saw you one time inside the hash and everybody saw high ended.
Speaker 5: Listen, what era of football did I play?
Speaker 2: In?
Speaker 5: A f C North two thousand, Ravens, Steelers, Browns.
Speaker 1: Bro they had a bro they had they had them relaxed, incidental contact, Bro. Stop that's the road. Stop playing, man?
Speaker 4: Why are you playing on the top like that? McDonald's my whole career, no injuries.
Speaker 1: Just think about what you could have been.
Speaker 5: I was that.
Speaker 1: I was him? What you could have been? I was? I was him?
Speaker 2: And you noticed that all the top if you take all the top end guys. You look at the guys that played Jerry, look at Walter Payton, look at uh uh Tom Brady, look at Jordan's look at Kobe, look at Lebron, look at.
Speaker 1: All the high end guys. What do they do?
Speaker 4: Let me tell you something. Everybody trying to be like them. You ain't gonna be nawing one of them. No, But what if you could be What if you could be a better version of you J and Jordan A McDonald's. Yeah, we're saying both A McDonald's.
Speaker 5: Not not not.
Speaker 4: When he was training for the Olympics. For the Olympics, I called Michael. I called Michael right now, I call let him tell you I called Mike. Hold on, you want to call him, don't don't do that. Michael, Jordan ate eight McDonald's. Talk to me now, oh chicken my nuggets before the game, ocho, you could eat anything in moderation and listen. Why why why do we continue to use the highest of iconic athletes as examples is beyond me because nobody is gonna be like that.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you a question.
Speaker 2: Do you take anything Do you take financial advice from anybody that ain't got money?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: No, you listened to the musk, you listened to guys that built businesses.
Speaker 4: I don't take financial advice from nobody but myself. That's why I still got all my goddamn money.
Speaker 1: Period.
Speaker 5: Now listen to me.
Speaker 1: I did it.
Speaker 4: I did it with no injury, So you're not gonna tell me the way I did it don't work because it worked.
Speaker 5: You had thirty you had thirty seven surgeries, and I ain't had now.
Speaker 2: Oo, yes, sir, so what if the difference? But think about it at different different think about it. How many seventh round picks and after the merger made it to the Hall of Fame?
Speaker 1: How many did you give a second? I'm gonna give you. How many seventh round picks because on to be an all pro and go to eight pro bowls? How many.
Speaker 5: Can you finish? Can I finish?
Speaker 1: Can I go?
Speaker 5: Can I go?
Speaker 4: How many young kids out of Liberty City be the odds and then end up dead or in jail from selling the dope?
Speaker 5: Let me finish, you let me finish, Let me finish, let me finish.
Speaker 4: How many from kids from Liberty City made it to the NFL it was a full time all pro, six time pro bowler, name cemented, legacy, cemented name in the stadium?
Speaker 1: How many?
Speaker 5: I ain't got no yellow jacket, but I made my own.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's sufficient. How many? How many people? How many people live in Liberty City? How many people? What you say the population of Liberty City is now?
Speaker 4: Back then I'm talking about I'm talking about in the eighties when it was a war zone, and.
Speaker 5: It's the war zone.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about doing it during how many how many people you think Libery Liberty City, Liberty City, I'm not sure fifteen thirty.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't even say here and throwing nobody because I don't know. I'm just being honest. I don't want, don't want to play that game out. I don't know, honestly. Well, where I grew up at it was thirty five hundred people. What's the likelihood of you getting two out of thirty five hundred? What's the likelihood of me even surviving and getting the opportunity to even play?
Speaker 1: Ojo?
Speaker 2: So let me ask your question. Are there any other players that came out of Liberty City that play in the NFL?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a few, It's a few. It's a few right now. So it's time.
Speaker 4: Do you understand what Liberty City I came out? No, you don't, Yes, Ojo, eighties nineties Liberty City.
Speaker 1: It was ugly, Yes, it was ugly, Ojo. My chances of getting out was this, Ojo? Yes, Ojo. I ain't talking the odds.
Speaker 4: Yes, the odds were stacked, gives you way against Yes, but you beat the odds.
Speaker 2: Now, just imagine, look like I said, in your mind, you don't believe that nutrition and proper you know, massage, physio all that. You don't believe it worked. We've done a whole we got over two thousand more believe that nutrition matters.
Speaker 4: What are eighty three percent who they play for? Two thousands they play for? See hold on, now you're doing the argument. Now you're doing now you're trying to invalidate people because they didn't play. No, no, no no, because they they would if you didn't play the game. And you think nutrition matters? What are you using the What are you using as the fact that nutrition works? What they gonna say, Oh, Lebron did it?
Speaker 5: No yo, ain't you? You're never gonna be those individuals that they are once in a lifetime.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you a question. Are there more?
Speaker 2: Are there more athletes like you that eat whatever they want that don't believe or they are more athletes that eat?
Speaker 4: Guarantee you they are more athletes like me than it is they eat, eat, eat healthy. And I can guarantee you that, especially in today's game, I can guarantee you that I disagree.
Speaker 5: Let's bet.
Speaker 2: Let's bet I disagree. It's bet that's bed because you see that I disagree. I don't know how we quantify it.
Speaker 4: Can I ask your question, why do you think why do you think the injuries up higher? Why you think the injuries are more significant now than as opposed to before. Because I tell you, let me finish, let me tell you can I tell you why? Please, please real quick.
Speaker 5: I love you to death.
Speaker 4: The injuries are up higher because they eating all this motherfucking healthy shit. You play a barbaric sport. You play a barbaric sport, running one hundred miles an hour, running into each other, but you ain't like a goddamn rabbit, and you expect to survive a seventeen game seven season. But you, like goddamn rabbit, it ain't gonna work. Something has to give, you know, it's given your fucking body and its ligaments.
Speaker 2: I believe, I believe a reason why the injuries. I believe the guys are getting bigger, stronger, and faster. But I also believe that the guys don't put their bodies through the riggers. They don't practice hitting during the course of the week like we once did. And so now you're asking a car that hasn't been driven at one hundred miles of hours during the week that says, you know what, on Sunday, go one hundred miles an.
Speaker 1: Hour without being warmed up. That is my belief.
Speaker 2: There's no way to defindily determine it. But do you believe the guys are bigger, strong, and faster.
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Do you believe the guys in the NFL are bigger, stronger and faster than they were in the fifties, in the sixties and the seventies.
Speaker 1: Do you believe guys are getting bigger, strong, and faster.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they are.
Speaker 4: Okay, so that means so that means the collect So hold on, let me ask your question. So that means because you can't even hit no god damn body today. You can't even hit nobody today. You can't even hit no goddamn by today.
Speaker 1: Don't do that. Look you just you can hit them.
Speaker 4: Kare Kareem jack Kareem Jackson just got suspended four games for playing football the way we did in the two thousands.
Speaker 2: Hold on, you can't even hit nobody. You can hit them, it's just the penalty now. And we understand that they're trying to make the game, and we understand with the lawsuits with the CTEs and things of that nature, we understand, yes, yes, But all I know is that we got twenty nine hundred boats, and uh, eighty three percent says yes.
Speaker 1: Nutrition plays the role.
Speaker 4: Y'all know what they talk about? Because he ain't none of that eighty three percent could cover me. Ain't none of eighty three percent coming me. And I'm out there on two cheeseburgers. And what you're gonna do with me?
Speaker 1: Nothing?
Speaker 5: No, nothing?
Speaker 1: We got three thousand boats. Oh Joe, look at it. They lying that what I able to do? Right there?
Speaker 5: Wait but you talk. Wait a minute, let me come up with what you talking about?
Speaker 1: Oh Joe, You a steak figure, you stik, you strong man? You talk about man?
Speaker 5: Ain't the only one you you're talking about? You talking about man? You ain't the only one? Yeah, look yeah, look at that you you laughing. This ain't nothing. It's two thirty. What you talking about? Man?
Speaker 1: Thirty?
Speaker 5: Man slid? What?
Speaker 1: Oh Joe?
Speaker 3: You you you ate it?
Speaker 1: You a buck? You a buck sixty? You might be a buck sixty.
Speaker 5: And look at this man you talk about? Man, I just look like this man. You made me come back my shirt?
Speaker 1: Man, man, don't tell you why bro you wow?
Speaker 5: Now, but listen that's that's a that's a good topic.
Speaker 4: I just just honestly, you know, I know I play around a lot, but in all seriousness, for me nutrition, I just felt if it wasn't broke, there was nothing for me to fix. It worked for me, it might not work for the next person. I knew and understood my body. If they understand and know their body, you do whatever works for you.
Speaker 1: Man, you know what.
Speaker 2: I thought that same way until I tried it, and then I saw it like man, I had more energy, I had more stamina. I was able to recover. But hey, like I said, it's up here. If you don't believe it's gonna help, it ain't gonna. It ain't gonna It ain't gonna work for you. I believed that mine is a powerful thing. Thank you, ladies and gentlemen for tuning into another episode of Nightcap. I'm your favorite Shaton Sharp, He's your favorite, number eighty five, one of the best route runners.
Speaker 4: He's number two on the rock list. Hee. Why every why every time I get hot? You be ready to get off?
Speaker 2: Nah, because I gotta go to work tomorrow. Hey, oh, Joe, I got I got some bad news for him. There will be no episode of Nightcap on Thursday. It's my daughter's you know, my daughter's celebrating. We had a celebration week, and normally I would have forego that, but at this time of my life, now my kids are sacrificed enough. They used to sacrifice going to the amusement park, going to the zoo, going to things, going out so Daddy.
Speaker 1: Could could could live fulfill his dream working out, training, getting ready.
Speaker 2: Well, I didn't work out our train and so now when it comes to the kids, work takes a back seat.
Speaker 1: Work takes a back seat.
Speaker 2: So Thursday, I'm gonna be at the game with my daughter to see the Lakers open up against the Sun. So she's excited about that. She's like, Dad, this is one of the best birthday weeks I've ever had. We saw we saw Usher on Friday, we saw Dell, and then we're gonna cap it off with seeing King James take on Kevin Durand and Devin Booker. So I'm excited about that. I'm gonna miss you guys on Thursday, but you best believe I'll be back.
Speaker 1: And ready to go on Sunday. Yeah. I like it. I like it. So thank you for tuning in. Thank you for tuning in. How many do we do? Do we do? Okay, tonight with the Views? Okay, wow, we had seventeen thousand night.
Speaker 5: Oh Joe, wait, we're finna get off? Yeah, we finn get off.
Speaker 1: Thank you for tuning in to another episode of Nightcap with UNC and Old Show. Again.
Speaker 2: Thank you for the support. Remember click that subscription button, guys, two in two. In a little over two weeks, we've gotten almost one hundred and seventy one hundred and seventy nine thousand subs' that's following subscriptions. We really appreciate that we're growing faster than we ever imagine.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: It shows that you really appreciate our content, you appreciate our authenticity. Like I said, you come for the football takes, the sports takes, but you stay for the stories.
Speaker 1: And we got a bunch more to go. So thank you, God bless and we'll see you Sunday.
Speaker 5: I love y'all, Call me if you need me.