Speaker 1: Second date up date. We had somebody else's book to do a call with right now, but they dropped out at the last second.
Speaker 2: It did they didn't want to do the second date with you.
Speaker 1: I guess they got too busy or Brook scared them away. I don't know. So we had a stack of emails to choose from. Who we should talk to and who Am I going to go with? Some random Joe blow who claims he met his dream girl at an abandoned Blockbuster during a solar eclipse or kind of boring? Or do I go with a super fan of our show named Kayla who gave me very little information about her actual date but says she loves us. Okay, I'm going with the super Fanskayla, welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, did you even go on a date with anybody?
Speaker 2: Care?
Speaker 4: So I want to go to date with all of you. That's what I want to tell us about what you love about the show?
Speaker 1: Yeah, stro like, we can do that after that, after we're done with this.
Speaker 4: I'm just so excited right now, coffee, let's all take a breath, And why don't we talk about the guy that you went out with?
Speaker 1: What's his name?
Speaker 4: Okay, his name is Dean.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right? And where did we meet Dean? Let's take mine online online.
Speaker 4: H And we agreed to have a drink together. And so I was a little late when I got there, and it was super crowded and I couldn't find him anywhere. I was like doing the circling around, and I got lint have a panic that maybe he bailed on me, like some of the others have.
Speaker 5: Oh oh, Kayla, who would bail on you?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: See why I love you?
Speaker 2: All right, I'd never bail on you.
Speaker 1: So what happened?
Speaker 4: Anyway? I finally saw him, like recognized him, and he was way over in the corner and he waved me over and I went over there and he just came me the biggest hug. It was like so nice. It was like the best hug I've ever gotten in my whole life. It's kind of like my Grandpa used to give me, but I didn't see that time.
Speaker 1: Hopefully we tell him that, like this is just like Grandpa.
Speaker 2: God, and your skin so thin.
Speaker 6: He is so funny.
Speaker 1: I kind of feel like she's mocking us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, God, no, never, So were you were.
Speaker 6: You as excited to see dean as he was obviously excited to see you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I really was. And he was really charming, you know what he was like, he was like you, Brooke. He was like a male version of you. It's like super funny, super clever.
Speaker 3: Though, what.
Speaker 1: Did he tell you what to order off the menu?
Speaker 5: I don't do that either, that's how Okay to dinner with him?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, I feel like I'm a bear. Good listeners, Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Sure, so let's go back to the dinner. What happened?
Speaker 4: It was really just strengths. And then afterwards I did, I went back to his place because he was just seems so great.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, now we're sounding more like Brook.
Speaker 2: I could play both roles Jeffrey.
Speaker 5: Okay, all did it feel just like a one night hook up though?
Speaker 2: Like a one night stand?
Speaker 4: Not at all, not at all, Like we talked about life stuff and our dreams and our goals like it was really it was really nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So did you end up staying the whole night over at his place?
Speaker 4: I did, and and then the next morning he was total gentleman. He even drove me home like it was just it was wonderful.
Speaker 5: Okay, wow, Because he could easily just order an uber or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm.
Speaker 4: You and I need to go out together. For sure, we should party because I think that I could introduce you to some great guys.
Speaker 6: Okay, scared, Okay, So I mean, obviously this all sounds great.
Speaker 2: What do you think went wrong?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: I didn't think anything something wrong.
Speaker 5: For a second day, she's obviously not seeing him, he's not calling her.
Speaker 1: We don't know that. What's happened since the date ended us. Well, let's let's ask about it. Brook.
Speaker 4: So we've been texting each other and like, you know, we've been sort of like saying, well, I've been saying we should get together again, like maybe just some kind of midweek get together after work or something. But you know, he did not seem to be like like he's not saying no, but he's not like molding it forward, you know, at all. So I just thought maybe y'all could help.
Speaker 2: Okay, help that along a little bit.
Speaker 4: You know, I could say no to you.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, well you've obviously not listened enough say no to us.
Speaker 1: There's thousands of women I could introduce you to.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, when going to do your next time of the week.
Speaker 1: Probably on a Friday, no pressures.
Speaker 4: You are so talented. It's like, that's my favorite thing. Cut I got to say you are cute.
Speaker 2: Jeffer's face is really red.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't do well with compliments. So let's just move past this moment and.
Speaker 2: Say thank you, Jeffrey, thank you.
Speaker 1: Uh, we'll be right back, Yeah, we'll be back. Second date update if you're just joining us, we're talking to a big fan of our show named Kayla, who went up with a guy the other night named Dean. They had drinks together, she spent the night at his place, and afterwards, though, it's been a little bit tough arranging another meetup, so she wants our help. And before we make this call, Kayla, I just want to ask, because we do talk to a lot of people with this segment, not all of them are super fans like yourself, did you bring up our show at all on the date? Because if you did, it may have hurt you. I mean, Dean may have listened afterwards and thought, oh god, you listen to this trash.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: It's it's hard for me not to talk about it because I am, like, I'm a pretty big said. But the plain thing is like I didn't talk about it too much because he wasn't as familiar, and every time I started to tell his story, I would just laughed so hard. It was like I was gonna almost be my fan.
Speaker 2: I remember he did.
Speaker 5: He did invite her back or you, Yeah, you to his place, right, so.
Speaker 4: I could have been too. I'm not right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we weren't a total turn off, what I'm saying, But.
Speaker 1: Maybe he just did that to get her to shut up about us.
Speaker 4: That's what I mean.
Speaker 7: That makes you laugh so hard.
Speaker 2: Especially get it.
Speaker 1: I don't think so though. You know, we're all pulling for you. Here, Kayla. We're gonna call Dean right now. Are you ready?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're the best.
Speaker 1: He gets so good.
Speaker 7: I don't know, so simple.
Speaker 1: Jeff not used to that, so thank you, thank you. Let's just do the number.
Speaker 7: Keep reminding him.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hey is this Dean?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Hey, my name is Jeff from the radio show Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 2: You are to the point, sir, like that you're your man.
Speaker 1: That's good with his words.
Speaker 4: You're not.
Speaker 7: You're not.
Speaker 1: I know. That's why I'm so impressed. Anyway, we're doing a segment that we do on our show called the Second Date Update. That's where oh no.
Speaker 3: I uh no, I just went out with a girl who was talking about this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, I think that we may be talking about the same person.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Oh yeah, I she loves you guys, Okay, yeah, you know what?
Speaker 1: She also she also said she really likes you and that's why she emailed us about you. Her name's Kayla, right, Is that the girl you were thinking about?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I mean she said you guys had still been texting after your night together.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, what did she tell you? What do you know?
Speaker 1: Well, so that's what this segment is all about. It's where we help our listeners get back in touch with someone after they've been ghosted following a good date. So Kayla's told us about the night that you two had together and it seemed like it was a really good time.
Speaker 3: Okay, but I didn't ghost her. I mean we've texted back and forth.
Speaker 1: Right, so maybe I misspoke there. She's been having a hard time getting another hangout with you, and she doesn't understand why.
Speaker 3: I mean, I want to be a jerk, but I you know, we had our date and then she immediately texted me about hanging out the very next night and I had a work thing, and then she texted me what about the next night or the next night, the next night, the next night and she I mean again, I don't I don't want to be a jerk, but it just seems like she's sort of available to you.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, but that's the thing that sucks.
Speaker 5: She's just like she's available because she's excited. Well, to me, the.
Speaker 3: Whole available thing just seems kind of clingy. I mean, we met each other once and she's already blowing up my phone. It's just too much, too fast forward.
Speaker 7: This is what the kids call thirsty.
Speaker 4: Okay, I mean, Dean, I think you need to slow your role a little bit. There.
Speaker 1: You jumped in a little quick.
Speaker 5: You know how this works.
Speaker 2: You're supposed to wait.
Speaker 4: But you know what he's saying, that I paid too much attention to him. I mean, that's what guys want, right, I mean, that's ridiculous.
Speaker 5: Well sometimes not all.
Speaker 1: Guys, sou Dean. I gotta let you obviously, let you know. That's Kayla. She's she's been listening the whole time.
Speaker 3: What's going on? Are you guys setting me up or something?
Speaker 1: Well, we wanted to set you up for another date with Kayla hopefully, but we were hoping.
Speaker 2: We could find some middle ground between you guys.
Speaker 3: And Okay, if you guys wanted to set it up so she could attack.
Speaker 1: Me, No, not at all, man, I mean we're just trying to get some clarity because she didn't understand what was going on after your date happened, and you can understand why she'd be a little bit confused because it's hard to know what a guy wants. Sometimes we're not the best communicators.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Jeff. I mean that you totally get me, and that's totally why you're my favorite on the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Thanks, Okay, but but Dean, like seriously, like some guys do like having more attention from women. Some guys want to be like catered to and taken care of. Other guys prefer it the other way. You just have to communicate that to her.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think she should find one of those guys who met and maybe doesn't have as much going on.
Speaker 6: Ok because you were I mean obviously you were into her in some capacity because like you guys talked when you had drinks, you went back to your place, like you even drove her home in the morning, like it sounds like you were a real gentleman and you respected her then, and it doesn't feel like you do now.
Speaker 2: And I don't understand.
Speaker 3: Again, I'm not trying to be a jer guy. It just doesn't seem like we're a good match. I need someone with a little boor going on in their own life because I'm a busy guy. I can't have someone lomming on to me. I'm not at that place bombing on.
Speaker 4: What was that, hug? What kind of thingals are your sending? I mean, the signals are all over the place. I don't understand. You seem to be into it.
Speaker 1: She's raising some pretty good points, Dean.
Speaker 3: Okay, well this is my best signal to you. No, thank you?
Speaker 1: Wow dude, wow?
Speaker 4: Really you know what, Dean? You should have been quiet right now, and just like jeff talk.
Speaker 5: I indeed, I understand.
Speaker 1: Let's say, Dean.
Speaker 6: You probably feel a little ganged up on right now, and maybe that's why you're being so kind of defensive about this.
Speaker 1: Get the Brook and Jeffery gang on you.
Speaker 5: But isn't it nice to have someone that isn't playing games?
Speaker 3: I mean, this feels like a game. I don't know how you're proving you're not clingy by getting a radio station to gang up on it.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, this is not just a radio station. Let's just make that clear.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we're the best morning show in this local area. That's right.
Speaker 1: From us.
Speaker 3: Honestly, it feels like she's clinging on to all of you. Do you hear her?
Speaker 5: But I like it.
Speaker 1: This is called communicating Dean.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Dean, you should listen to Jeff. He knows what he's talking about.
Speaker 2: I'm kind of getting tired of Jeff.
Speaker 7: He doesn't need more.
Speaker 4: For you're still new on the show, so you don't really appreciate him like you should.
Speaker 1: But every day.
Speaker 4: Yeah right, because because it will, it will just grow and grow. You'll just appreciate more and more. Just how actually is?
Speaker 2: It's great? Caleb? He should be talking to Dean.
Speaker 7: There.
Speaker 4: You want me to talk to the guy who already just said he wasn't interested. I mean, Brooke, Hello, this is not going anywhere. And you know what this whole thing about the second date. So I'm kind of thinking that maybe we should propose a first date with like Jeff or even Jose.
Speaker 5: Or a second choice, not the last choice for the second choice.
Speaker 4: I am so not clinging. I mean I think that we would hit it off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm I'm unavailable, emotionally, unavailable, physically, professionally, spiritual.
Speaker 6: I'm just telling Dean he should open his mind to different opportunities.
Speaker 4: But see the different way he said it. Any when he says it, I appreciate you, Kaylea.
Speaker 3: You guys still need me on the call or can I go?
Speaker 4: I'll tell you that, all right.
Speaker 1: No, I don't want Kayla doesn't want me to ask.
Speaker 7: You have to ask. It's the rules of the show.
Speaker 2: Do you ask yourself then.
Speaker 4: Jack, I'm a super fan of the show. Jeff, if you can totally ask for yourself and Jose three way hangout, it doesn't even have your mantic it would be so happy he's in it.
Speaker 5: Jem, you got one, Yes, it sounds like from Jose.
Speaker 1: All right, Yeah, you gotta ask, Jeff, Jose, would you like to go out and hang with Kayla for a little bit as.
Speaker 7: Long as you're there as well?
Speaker 1: Yes, it all depends on Jem. Okay, Well, I guess we'll say our answers on three okay, one, two, three. I don't know.
Speaker 5: If you still your hat friends.
Speaker 4: Out of three, we don't have time, Carol.
Speaker 1: Okay, no matter what, we we love you. Okay, oh yeah.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Okay, I guess we should hang up.
Speaker 1: Let's just some music.
Speaker 4: It's brooking Jeffrey in the Morning.