Speaker 1: Welcome in peanuts, welcome in cracker Jacks. To leading off right here on Fantasy Pros, I am Chris Welsh and joining me for the first time on the podcast is Andrew Seifer, who you can hear on Fantasy Pros. Got some podcast action going on, Andrew, what's up, buddy. We'd met for the first time, like thirty minutes ago. We get the podcast together.
Speaker 2: We're old buddies at this point.
Speaker 1: Chris right, exactly exactly about what people going on articles and podcasts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I've been writing the Waiver Wire article over Fantasy Pros all season. I have actually taken a little break over the last month from that because I was traveling in England for a month actually, so that was pretty cool, following some of the other kind of football that they play over there for a little while. But diving back into my baseball work now, I host a podcast, rest of Season Rankings podcast.
Speaker 2: We talk baseball.
Speaker 3: We update our rankings earlier on in the season, just about every week now it's maybe every two weeks, but we keep up with rest of season value.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I'm doing some football stuff as well over there, so it's good times, you know.
Speaker 1: The rest of season ranks. It's a whole another ball game. I love the concept of the podcast I just just finished and released over on the in this League Patreon it in this league dot Com my rest of season baseball ranks. And this is like my third or so update and the changes you go through and probably the biggest change. And I'll just throw this out to everybody when I was going through all of them and remind you this isn't from the beginning of the season. I've done an update theoretically every single month. Was the huge move I made for Michael Harris. I pushed Michael Harris up into an elite territory. I did it for my Dynasty ranks as well, very very different. Oh is my rank? Is my audio a little bit different today? Let's see? Oh, you know what? My audio is different. I'm going to change us up here in just a second. But Andrew, you know what, talk about Michael Harris while I fix this.
Speaker 3: Well, you picked a great subject. I love Michael Harris. I've been in on him since day one. You know, in my home league, it's a keeper league where you can keep six players, and so the bar's pretty high for keeper value.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 3: I jumped at the opportunity to add Michael Harris bid fifteen bucks of my one hundred dollars. Fab nobody else bid a dollar on him at the time, So I had a feeling.
Speaker 2: And the reason was. I don't know if you saw what Marquise.
Speaker 3: Grissom said about Michael Harris before he got called up, but I've never seen anyone throw the amount of praise at a player that he did. And the main thing he said that stuck with me was he said, this kid is different, like mentally, he's ready for the prime time. He's not going to back down from the bright lights. And he compared him to guys like Barry Bonds and all sorts of insane pressure to put on a you know, young kid coming up to the big leagues to a title contending team. But Michael Harris just got it done from day one in you know, roto leagues, category leagues, especially with stolen bases he brings to the table. He's like a true five category stud right away.
Speaker 2: And I love meet Michael Harris.
Speaker 1: Michael Harris was from a dynasty perspective, probably the biggest move, and then even from a redraft perspective, when you look at some of the outfielders that have come back down. So if if someone would ask me, like, hey, rest of season ranks, what would be the biggest change, I would have said, Michael Harris immediately jumped in. Michael Harris was kind of my biggest change. We got a whole bunch to go through. Actually, gonna take a look at some of the waiver guys here in just a tiny bit a bunch of waiver changes. We'll go through the home run contest. Who had some bombs this weekend, which I'm gonna give a little hint, doesn't look like a lot. Does not look like a whole lot of homers were hit over the weekend. So the board does have a change. Though it does have a change. We have one defined leader and we'll go through all that in bets, dfs and stuff like that. But over the weekend, how about a headline news of Jacob de Gram. Jacob de Grom gave up only two runs in five and two thirds of an inning on Sunday and a win over the Braves. Only gave up I think a loan two run homer to dance by Swanson at the top of the six. He had one walk, but twelve strikeouts. Retal World had a nice little breakdown talking about how his slider had absolutely bonkers eighteen whiffs on twenty swings, which is ridiculous, and he had maxed out at just under one oh two, which is now, by the way, two straight starts that he has hit that one oh two marker on the fastball the slider. He is throwing higher on average than most are averaging their fastball, and the slider looks completely on point. Jacob deGrom is back to being the best pitcher in baseball rest of season rank Andrew, this is fantastic to have you on. How did you approach and how do you guys approach Jacob de grim because I kind of fought with everybody because I'm a little more like, you know, in like like this, I'm like that I'd blind my eyes for Jacob de Grom, and I'm like, well, he's there, He's the best. Right before he came back, I ranked him at the tippy top level. But what say you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I once it was clear he was coming back, within a matter of of a week or two, he was already inside my top five starting pitchers rest of season. But you know, the real trick with the rest of the season rankings was how to approach him a month ago, two months ago, when you knew he was going to be out a lot longer. But you also know just how good he can be. And with starting pitchers, you know, in particular, they can make as big an impact in two months as a lot of players can in four months, five months. You know, we've seen this time and again with de Gram and with guys like Kershaw on his prime. These guys maybe they only throw one hundred innings in de Gram's case, it could be less, but the impact is still huge. And in our you know, at my site, we come at it from like a standard twelve team five by five kind of perspective. So there I feel like you really want to shoot for upside, you know, you don't you want to stash guys who can make a real difference. So I had trouble ever moving to Grom outside of like my top one hundred or so overall players, even when we knew he was going to be out for a couple more months. So now, yeah, he's definitely right at the top.
Speaker 1: I put him in at four. I've got him at four right now on my rank and this was before that last start that he had, so twelve strikeouts, looks back in it. Mac shus Or Jacob A Gram rest of season, Andrew, that's really tough.
Speaker 2: They're both so good.
Speaker 3: After seeing that, I think I have to give a slight edge to Gram just because we just see as great assures. Or Is de Grom has been even better, went healthy over the last couple of years, and it seems like he's completely healthy now.
Speaker 2: So I love Mac shors Or. He's one of my fair players in the game.
Speaker 3: He's also an easy top five starting pitcher rest of season for me.
Speaker 2: But I still give a slight edge to Gam.
Speaker 1: I give that too. Oh my internet, hopefully my internet's not too wonky for everybody. This is becoming a good show this morning. Can you hear me? Am I am? I good?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're fine now, I hear you. Yeah, just a little choppy on the video, but you're getting okay.
Speaker 1: Well, you guys don't need to see me that much. We can play a stock picture up here. Here's an interesting concept I want to throw out. So something funny happened before the show where I was looking at Rotal World News and I saw a piece of news that I didn't read really quick, and it hit my brain, and the news was George Valaeia getting a promotion. And if anybody knows me or follows me, knows that I love George Valaira probably more than any other prospect, simply also because he is someone that I've followed since before he even came over Stateside, and I've interviewed him and I talked with him, and just I think he's gonna be a great prospect. And of course I didn't read the news correctly and it was him going from a promotion from Double A to Triple A. But it brought up It brought up a concept that I've been thinking about and not really sure how to rationalize. Is how we've got top prospects in the game who are probably close to ready. George vlaiird be one of them, Corbyn, Carrol Gunner, Henderson. Yet people are always asking, Hey, are they gonna come up? Are they're gonna come up? And I've kind of been at a loss because of one major point. Baseball is now giving a advantage for teams to have a prospect break with their roster opening day. Julio Rodriguez. The Mariners are going to get a first round pick, a compensatory first round pick now because of Julio Rodriguez. There's an advantage for teams like the Guardians, the Diamondbacks and the Orioles to wait and bring these guys up. And that's a big speculative thing. We're gonna talk about wivers here in a second, but everyone's always speculating on the next big prospect. When will Gunnar Henderson come up? But I don't know if these guys are gonna come up because of the advantage of the teams have. Do you think, Andrew, it's even worthwhile speculative adding some of the top top players like Gorman, Carolyn, Gunner Henderson because of this or do you think you would move completely away assuming especially teams like the Orioles and Diamondbacks they needed everything they can do. There's no reason for them to bring up so they could take advantage of that new rule next year.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean again, this is I hate to hedge, but this is so format dependent, you know what I mean? Because like in a dynasty league, these guys have been rostered for like two or three years. Sure, in a redraft league, I don't know if they necessarily need to be picked up. And then in like a keeper league, it really comes down to the specific rules there.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I think it's fine if you have a deep bench and you want to shoot for the moon and shoot for extreme upside, like these guys present that, you know, So like if I never want a roster or something, that's the same thing that you can find ten of on the waiver wire. So if I have some you know, fourth outfielder on my bench just wasting away and they're not special, sure I'll take a shot on one of these guys, knowing that there's probably a one to ten chance or less that it actually pays off. I don't have a huge problem with that, but I do think generally speaking, in redraft leagues, some of these hot prospects tend to be a little bit overrated.
Speaker 1: And I think right now what I would do for everybody else. The more I've thought about this is I do think there's an opportunity for it, because I don't I don't know the rule one hundred percent, but I do believe as long as a guy hasn't lost prospect eligibility that they would still qualify for this. I believe if that's true. I could see guys like Gunner and Corman Carroll getting called up in September where they cannot lose a prospect eligibility and then could break roster. If it is about pure call up, then you shouldn't expect to see them either way. What I'm getting at though, is the last week in August might be the time if you want to speculate for a run. The reason why those two Corban Carroll specifically would be so interesting is because of hitting at the top of an order and stealing bases, which could be a league winning thing for category leagues in roto. If you're trying to get those last minute stolen bases. Gunnar'd be a little bit tougher. I don't know if he'd run as aggressively or hit in the middle of a lineup right off the top of Corbyn. Carroll would be one of those. But it had me thinking because of just how ridiculous I mean Andrew saw me. I was like, oh, Jorge, let's getting called up, and then as I did it, I was like, wait a minute, this is a triple A. I'm so dumb, And I was like, Wow, why did they call him up from double A and I had to go through that whole process and my brain was frying here. Some injuries froll the weekend. Anthony Rizzo missed the entire weekend with the back injury. Keep an eye on that. George Springer finally did hit the il with an elbow injury, which is going to be a good probably short term with Marorfield. We'll see what happens once Springer comes back. Ronald Akoonya was a late scratch on Sunday with lower body soreness. They also lost Darnaul, who sat out Sunday with a leg injury after a collision on Saturday. The negatives were X rays were negative for a fracture. The positive fantasy boost would just continuously be Will Contraras, who has been just such a stud and if he gets full time go that would be great. Chris Morel Outsunday with a hamstring strain, Mickey Moniac out with a fractured fringer, and Amelio Pegane out indefinitely. But who cared because Jorge Lopez came in and be the guy. Did you get hit at all by the Were you a big saves speculator this year? Because Johan Duran and Emilio were like the classic I'm not going to draft high closers, hold on to them, and then Jorge Lopez just completely takes that away from them. No.
Speaker 3: See, I was on the opposite side of I had horror Ha Lopez, and I was kind of sweating it a little bit because I also had Taylor Rodgers, and you know, I had a few closers that I was worried We're going to be losing their jobs, and I, you know, or hey, Horey Lopez has been amazing this year, but I wasn't sure. I mean, the Twins are not a team that has typically just deployed a single closer, so I thought he would still get some chances. I wasn't sure though that he was going to be the guy. But as a Hornelo Haz manager, I'm sort of relieved by the usage that we've seen from him since they acquired him.
Speaker 1: He's one of the scariest I completely agree he's the quintessential closer that loses their job at the trade deadline, like him and Gregor and Soda Gregory Soto. I like those two. I was assured they were going to lose their jobs, and neither one did neither one did. They both get to keep it, one staying at home and one being traded, but you know, in a fantastic destination and helping and improving their value, which actually brings us to a little transition of waivers. We usually don't haven't talked about a bunch of waivers on Mondays, but I thought this would be a good thing to do, and I picked up two guys. Lots of different waivers stuff. So many people cover it really well over it. In this league, we try to do a full look at all the different sites on Mondays. When we do a Monday episode. My buddy Vlad Sedler from FTN, he'll do out a sheet where he'll put out and here's what my fab looks like. And fab and waivers are not all created equal because unfortunately, I think a lot of the industry that talks about it is talking about it from a high stakes a standpoint and talking about it from like an NFBC standpoint, which isn't necessarily always what everybody else is doing. But what it does do is it highlights players you should be taking a look at. And the number one player I actually went and looked over at CBS's platform over the last seven days. That made a big change and was also on a lot of waiver claims if you were played in a waiver based league. Was Felix Batista when we talk about we talk about, you know, closer roles changing, or this is the addition by subtraction where he gets the role because you know they move out. He was eighteen percent owned last week, fifty five percent this on a CBS that was a thirty seven percent change in that time. He hasn't had a whole bunch, but he did. I think after the trade he'd give up a run on the third, but he picked up a save on the fifth. Hasn't jumped into games yet. I saw a lot of people making the move that Felix Patista was one of the biggest beneficiaries on the trade deadline. If Felix Batista is still out on the wire, is he an absolute must pick up in any format right now because of being a closer, or do you think he belongs in that little like run of pseudo closers that are not necessarily trustworthy, like I could see in smaller leagues, like guys like Soto and him just be sitting around available and people being able to churn out closer Hunter Strickland as well.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think he's a bona fide stud as a closer. I really do you know.
Speaker 3: This is a guy who if you look at his numbers, I mean he's he's had over twelve k per nine at every step of the miners. He's continued it in the majors. Very manageable walk rate this year at two point ninety six walks per nine. You know, I think the Orioles obviously have been a better team than people were expecting, so there's been more save opportunities for Jorge Lopez, and now those could be there for Batista and I just you know, it has to be a saves league, because this is the thing. If you're not counting saves, these relievers don't accumulate that many innings, so that makes them less interesting perhaps, although even in innings capped leagues, the ratios he can give you and the strikeouts he can give you can really help as well. So I mean, it wouldn't surprise me at all if he was like a top ten closer and fantasy value the rest of the season.
Speaker 1: I mean, that would actually be kind of shocking to me outside of like the peripherals more than it's such like Orioles picking up that many games for him to be able to lock down saves to be a top ten guy, especially because you added like we added Devin Williams to the mix, like Devin Williams was added into the crew. I think an easy top ten closer Horay Lopez, you could argue could be in that territory now because you know Atlanta ate itself up. You lost Rice Iglesias, who comes out of the top ten. You had a little bit of a question Atlanta with Kenlly Jansen and them. Hoorray Lopez goes into a situation with like being on such a great offensive team and now Pugne out. If they don't implement any type of rotation, Lopez could be a top ten Batistas wouldn't be the underlying stats. It's it almost it's not Edwin Diaz in a seventeen K per nine, but it's like a thirteen K for nine, manageable ish walk right and under two Eira like those are really great numbers for a closer. I think the underlyings could be of a top ten closer for him to finish would be big. But either way, he's only fifty five percent on in CBS leagues, which is probably going to be relatively lower in others. We found if you play on like Yahoo and ESPN, you're probably going to find the percentages lower than ESPN leagues, and that might be something to look at. Two other guys on the young side, Miguel Vargas, who I think is just an absolute stud, top ten prospect moving forward on my list and he'll graduate off of it. He was thirty percent owned last week, up to forty two percent owned this week. Hasn't really popped off necessarily a whole bunch, but you see the low k rate hasn't walked yet, just a couple of hits. He does have a stolen base. If he's given the run by the Dodgers, he is someone that you're going to want to hold onto. And then Bubba Thompson was a big one that was a little bit more like late run for people you know who weren't dealing in the trade deadline, was only one percent owned up to eight percent on on CBS. Got a couple of stolen bases, but showing off some of his INACQUI what's the word, I'm looking for his negatives as far as a hitter goes, as far as making contact and striking out that he's a little bit more dicey, especially when like Cole Calhoun comes back. But if not, stolen bases something you can always chase. Is this a stolen based time? Would are you in a mode where you would want to sacrifice a little bit of consistency maybe on a batting average player batting average, a little bit of homers to speculate on a guy like Bubba Thompson, for really could be like game changing stolen bases rest of the way through. I think he stole like forty stolen bases early on this season. Would you sacrifice a middle line outfielder to speculate on stolen bases with Bubba?
Speaker 2: I don't have a problem with that.
Speaker 3: I mean I do think as we get later in the season and you see more of the managers in your leagues kind of dropping off and maybe moving their mind to football or something like that, it's going to be easier to find those stolen bases on the waiver wire. So you can kind of even wait and see maybe and see who's who's running and if he you know, because sometimes these players pile up the steels in the minors and then they come up and they're kind of cautious about fitting in to the team ethos and they don't want to make the wrong impression and get the red lights, so sometimes they are a little more conservative on the bass paths when they first come up. So you could you could probably play wait and see on that, but you know, generally speaking, yeah, I mean, this is the time of year where you might find you know, earlier in the year, we saw John Birdie do this, and we could see somebody else do it. Pull of John Birdie over these final two months and just like steal twenty bases twenty five bases between now and the end of the season, and he could could be the guy.
Speaker 1: A fun fact, won't you put on here this day in baseball nineteen I'm sorry, eighteen seventy seven, the first recorded time that a catcher used a mask. I would love to see what that mask looks like in eighteen seventy seven. I want to say, it's like just a cow's skull. Just they just put on the skull of a cow and they just they're like, I don't know what that looks like, but I would give anything.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what I don't want to see.
Speaker 3: I don't want to see any photographs of the injuries the catchers suffered prior to wearing masks.
Speaker 1: You imagine their fingers, Oh my god, their fingers are probably just messes.
Speaker 2: Just and their noses.
Speaker 3: Man, their nose must have been broken in like eight places every season.
Speaker 1: Oh and they just you know, dust it off, and they're just like, grab me a beer, you know, for let like it's just like, I can't I can't even fad here. Stat heroes. Let's go over to stat heroes. This weekend. Tristan McKenzie went eight struck out eight, only giving up two hits, walking one. Hazus Lozardo seven, striking out six with only one hit. Tyler Anderson also went seven, struck out three. Matt Manning a rare positive performance seven four hits, seven strikeouts, Corman Burns six innings, nine strike strikeouts, Andrew He's just Lozardo. Lozardo one of the biggest upticks as far as velocity goes we saw from this season on. The fastball had more injury problems can but been consistent. Are you in a trustworthy place with Jesus Lozardo rest of season or is he a stream streamable guy.
Speaker 3: That's worthy might be hard to say, but I'm definitely buying, let's put it that way. I'll take my chances with him. Let's let's let's say that because I was sort of buying into the breakout earlier in the year before you know, things went off course for a month or two. But he's back now and his you know, CSW percentage is thirty one point nine percent. That would be top five among starting pitchers if he was qualified, if he had thrown enough innings to qualify. So he's got phenomenal stuff. This is also a team that seems to have a very strong track record of developing these young pitchers, so I'm going to, you know, trust it a little more for that reason as well. So yeah, I really like the upside with Lozardo. I would certainly be buying into him right now.
Speaker 1: Cody Bellinger three for three. This is not April Fooles went three for three, two homers, two RBI in game this weekend. Paul de Young had a homer, Nick Mayiton had a homer, Derek Hall with a bomb, Some Young Philly homers. Mike Strimsky had two homers. Aernato four RBIs going three for four, MJ. Melndez with a six RBI performance, Kyle Lisbell on the threes on the RBI, DJ Lamayhew with a homer, Andrew von three for five homer two RBIs good performances. I don't necessarily trust the Cody Bellinger, but always watch for it. Be it's not crazy to think that Bellinger can go off for a back end half performance. Part of the time. I always just say, like, even though the Dodgers are struggling, like in this last little recent barely just swept the Dodgers, I would pay herd attention to Bellinger on the back half because this is what he does. He gets that month towards the end of whatever part of the season is, and then all of a sudden, we're like, could we do Cody Bellinger again? Can we do that again? Like, oh, I'm not gonna do this again, because you can't just hit two twenty the entire season and talk about, you know, whatever physical changes he's trying to make or swing changes that consistently don't work in season, but it's not it's not the behole behind Cody Bellinger that he can't pull like a month together and really go, you know what, Okay, Miguel Vargas or Cody Bellinger rest of season Andrews.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I hear what you're saying, because I mean we've seen it. I mean, that player exists under in Codyer somewhere. It's just that it's like it's the pure skills that he has, but it's the consistency that he lacks. Vargas is kind of the opposite. I mean, Vargas is kind of like Vinnie pas Quentino type of profile from the miners, except with some speed built in too. So you know, I really like the profile for Vargas. I do think with these rookies, though we do see nine out of ten times they kind of struggle and start slow. So I don't know, man, I like, I think I have to slightly lean Bellinger, even though it's probably going to be gross, But if he ends up hitting like eight homers and stealing seven bases or something like, it will still be reasonably valuable.
Speaker 1: Only argument I could give you is if you play in the league that's just got some guys out there. Because I play in a lot of leagues that got no guys like they're deep. It's either like a deep benched league with twelve or it's a sixteen team league. So the so like the wire just sucks. There's nothing ever out there. But if there is stuff out there, what I would say is this is, if you can break your curse of Cody Bellinger and you can pick up a Megael Vargas and if he doesn't work out, you are now allowing yourself a better probability of picking up and just using that as a streaming spot. And I really do think if you look at the season total, you're better streaming tyler Naquins of the World in the Vogel box and putting in other places over Cody Bellinger than you are just rostering him, even though Wonky brings up a good point, dropped him everywhere in the last couple of weeks, so that Harris should be right upon.
Speaker 3: Us and I I just traded Andrew Vaughan, so that's why he just hummered.
Speaker 2: So oh okay, yeah, same idea.
Speaker 1: Continuously going over on the stat zeros Corey Abbott seven earned runs, giving up four homers this week and no boy O Frankie Montas told you my concern when he got traded would be how is how is he going to go with a long ball? How is he going to go with getting hit up? He got hit up six earned runs and three on Wayne Wright six earned runs, Tucker Davidson six earned runs. On the hitters. We had a multitude of four strikeout guys. Jose Barrero, who you know, I went bonkers on the trade deadline. I'm like, guys, Spencer Steer. You know they just traded for Spencer Steel. He's got twenty homers. Look for him to play short and move Kyle Farmer, and the Red just said, nope, we're gonna move Kyle Farmer to third like you said. But we're gonna play Jose Brera the rest of the year. Four strikeouts going oh for four, Billy Hamilton o for four with four strikeouts, and Zebby Zavala over five with four strikeouts. So there you go. Also, Austin Riley will contrast Michael Harris all struck out three times against the Mets. Dang Old Jacob de Gram gets him again. Frindo's the home run leaderboard. I believe I got a shore bomb on Friday I don't think I got any others on the weekend, but it didn't really matter. Look at that, we got a new number one, or at least a new or new number one. I think Highcove had been up there now in the solo lead with thirty nine homers. De Blum has thirty eight. Mike Mayor is right there. I'm telling you, guys, right now, I can feel you giving it to him. I can just feel this is what you guys are gonna do. You are gonna give that home run leaderboard to Mayor. I feel it by the end of August, so please don't do that. Step up the game, and I don't know what I can do. I haven't stepped up the whole year. I'm somewhere in the late high twenties or something like that, so I'm just not in a competitive range where I think I can catch up with a bunch of guys. But Night King of the North had williadamis go Cards, had jose Al Tuve to get up on the board, and we got a nice tight race of let's see eight, let's see the eight guys or so I'm sorry, seven with thirty six or more homers within three homers of each other, so it is a very very tight race. Friendose go and check out our guys over at BETMGM betimgm dot com. You can download the app, go to the website and use our promo code which is right under me leading off. Use that promo code, you're gonna get a one thousand dollars risk free bet. That is pretty cool and maybe you can put it on one of these bad boys. I put up two bets on two sides. Two are the top total base in strikeout prop over at Bettingpros dot com. They're prop cheat sheet super valuable. These are the top ones on there. If you want to go scour all of them, go check it out. And then I picked out two that I like, and Andrew, I'm gonna give you all four and you tell me which one you like the best at the end. The two for the Betting Pros cheat sheep. Number one bet of the day, as far as our algorithm goes, is Aaron Judge on the total base front versus Seattle. It's a little juice minus one twenty seven but one and a half over. I believe that is on UNI bet, so you're gonna see it something similar everywhere else. It's a number one not only total base bet, but the top. The number one strikeout bet is Justin Dunn, who is getting called up by the Reds formerly the Mariners, and his strikeout prop is only three and a half, so I think that's why they like it. Their algorithm has him at just under five and it's plus money at one twenty five. So those are the betting pros ones. The two that I picked out today Wilson Catreras, who I like total bases. I'm getting plus money at one twenty five for two total bases. And I created a little parlay here because I don't like a lot of the strikeout props today and a lot of them are juiced. So I put this together. Pair Blake Snell strikeouts under which is seven and a half, so I got to be under eight, and Kegan Thompson strikeouts over three and a half at four. So those are the two you would pair together. You get really good probably plus two two fifty money. So you've got Aaron Judge total bases done strikeouts, controllers total bases or my strikeout prop. Andrew, what do you like?
Speaker 3: Oh man, Well, I really like the way Blake Snell has been pitching lately with the strikeouts, So I don't think I.
Speaker 2: Can take that one.
Speaker 1: I don't like dine Okay, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Don't think I can take that one.
Speaker 3: I mean it's always easy to say Aaron Judge for anything, right, you can pick any number. Well, he's facing Logan Gilbert, right, and it's.
Speaker 1: The only none plus money one on here.
Speaker 3: So yeah, yeah, so I don't know about that one either. Justin Dunn, maybe that's the way to go.
Speaker 2: Was what did you say?
Speaker 1: The number one? It's only any four strikeouts? Is that three and a half? Three and a half?
Speaker 3: And so yeah, I mean I guess the only question is how many innings does he throw, right, because I mean this is his first start of the season, so it's hard to know. But I mean, yeah, I'll go with that one. That's that's a low number.
Speaker 1: I like this by Wonkey. The best home run bet was Joe gotten one this weekend, which I completely agree with Wonkey. Just quick on the DFS, just a couple things to throw out two guys as far as pitchers go, DK, you got Bassett at nine to three. Kegan Thompson is six seven. I sneaky, sneaky, like that one. Maybe pair Basset with arm sorry Keigan Thompson with a with a Chris Bassett at like nine point three over on FanDuel or Zach Gallon. I think I meant to copy zat Gallon on here. Gallon and Thompson I think would be sneaky to pay up on hitters. Bassett is ten to four on FanDuel, nine to six for Gallon on FanDuel as well. And if you want to stack, there's only two teams with implied run totals over five today. It's Toronto and the Mets. But I also kind of like the Cubs, as I've been picking on Keegan Thompson as someone I dig that leaves us to the very end. Here the home run contest, Andrew, this is the first time on our guests actually did pretty good last week. I think we had three homer calls through the week, so got to give a hat tip to them. Maybe it was only two for them and I had three last week. Who was my best week? I think I had was last week? So one homer to win it all? Andrew, who do you got for today?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: I know I was just saying some nice things about Justin Dunn, but I'm gonna pick on Justin ten. I'm gonna go with Pete Alonzo. You know, I just think he's been hitting really well.
Speaker 2: He's on a tear lately.
Speaker 3: He's got twenty nine boonds on the season. Like I said, done making his first start of the year. It just seems like a plumb opportunity for Pete Alonzo to go yard.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go with little BVP Action three homer lifetime Matt Chapman has got on Jordan Lyles where he's got an over nine to forty slug, an over three fifty batting average, a bunch of doubles or one double, but three homers. It's the most homers versus anybody. He's been heating it up a little bit and I like that one. So I'm gonna just play a easy one, not a big name. I'm gonna go with Matt Chapman for the day. And I don't see any of the other homer and calls. I don't see Wonky with a new one or Mayor. So go and check out on the app you guys can get in. I think it's one of the premium things for fantasy pros. You can get in on the discord. You can get into all the amas, the chats, and you can partake in the home run contest, maybe make a little late run, maybe make some noise at the very end, and you can get a whole bunch of Homer's. Probably not gonna win it unless you go perfect through the rest of the If you go perfect every single day you call a homer, you have a chance to win this. But you know that's how you get and take part in all of this fun stuff. Andrew, we did it. That was the first episode AND's gonna be with me. I think every Monday through the rest of the season, and even on a couple of Thursdays, we'll be able to rock all of this stuff again. Give a plug again Twitter handle and the podcast. But also do you have I don't remember, did you have any new articles coming up baseball over on Fantasy Pros or did is it football side?
Speaker 3: Now I'm gonna be I'm gonna be jumping right back into the waiver wire. So I'm gonna be writ in the Fantasy Pros waiver Wire article every Saturday. It will, you know, come up every Saturday morning, So keep an eye out for that. Twitter at Andrew Underscore Sipher and then just hammering away at my own site. It's ROS rankings dot Com and the Rest of Season Rankings podcast, which, like I said, we're focusing on rest of season value, but we're also doing some football stuff there as well. It's up on Apple and Spotify. So give it a listen.
Speaker 1: Do it, do it, friends, this is what I want to do. My brain. Did you guys see my brain just fry again earlier today? This is what we need to do. We need to start having a counter and it's like a perfect game. Don't call it if I'm having a perfect game. But let's see if I cannot have big jumble Like last week, Andrew, my brain completely fried, Like on Thursday and Friday, I was called may or Nate and I kind of had a fry here. I'm known to like create fake words and stuff like that, but I think I need I want the chat to rock in here. Let's see if I can get some perfect games, some no hitters, some perfect games. You guys decide, Maybe you know I have a little jumble of a word. I gave up a hit. If I completely brain fart and call somebody something wrong, I just gave up a homer. Let's get me some lines. Let's start lining the show every single day. Let's see how I can pull out the rest of the week starting from right now. No, Donnie, we're not going to do it a drinking game. It is way too early in the morning. But let's see. I need to have a perfect game tomorrow. I'm hoping to put that together. I need to get my brain back fried and do it good for you guys, and maybe you know, be on the right mic, not at internet issues all that stuff. All right, friends, I am Chris Welsh. I find me on Twitter? Is it the Welsh actually gonna be over on in this league Twitch here in about a half an hour if you guys want to hang out doing a little bit of football action. We also have a bunch of other fun stuff twitch, dot TV, slash in this league. You want to check out all my other ranks in this league dot com on the Patreon for prospects for rest of season. That is it, though it's leading off. We'll be back again tomorrow. Peanuts, Cracker Jackson, we love you. It's Andrew Welsh. We're out of here. Peace.
Speaker 2: Uh