Speaker 1: And a black woman shall lead them. Broadcasting from the Hip Hop Weekly Studios, I'd like to welcome you to another episode of Civic Cipher.
Speaker 2: I am your host, ramses Job.
Speaker 3: He is ramses Jah. I am q Ward. You are listening to another episode, another week, another journey Pacific CYC from DD.
Speaker 2: You are stay tuned.
Speaker 1: We got a lot to talk about this week, in particular the black women making headlines for holding people's feet to the fire, making history, pointing out the fraudulent and nonsensical behaviors on the part of our elected officials.
Speaker 2: Accountability, assumption mountability, yeah, yeah, all of that sort of stuff.
Speaker 1: We have to shout out these people that are keeping a little bit of common sense in the political arena on our behalf. And once again we are applauding black women for again leading us through this troubled time, troubling time. We're also going to spend some time talking about some online comments. Now, we normally wouldn't respond to online trolls, you know, this sort of stuff.
Speaker 2: But some of these people bring up.
Speaker 1: Talking points that we feel you might encounter in your life, and so by taking them from our comments section and responding to them here, we might give you again some fuel, some ammunition to tools right exactly to engage with people who sincerely feel that way, or at least have been taught to make these sorts of comments when black people are affirming our lives mattering or how dare you or you know, trying to make a way for ourselves or whatever the case is. So we got that in a whole lot more for you to stick around for. So please stay tuned with us. But first and foremost going to do like we always do at this time and discuss some ebony excellence.
Speaker 2: Shall we we shall so?
Speaker 1: This week's Ebony Excellence is sponsored by Major Threads for innovative fashionable sportswear.
Speaker 2: Checkmajorthreads dot com.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm reading from afro Tech. Meet the black teen genius with a higher IQ than Bill Gates and Albert Einstein. British teenager Romani Wilfrid aced his IQ test. According to BBC, Wilfrid scored higher than scientist Albert Einstein, Bill Gates and physicist Stephen Hawking at age eleven by achieving a one hundred and sixty two. The young student who studies at a comprehensive school in East London, is considered a genius and the smartest boy in England's capital. Signs of his exceptional brilliance appeared when he was a child, reports the University Herald.
Speaker 2: In preschool, Wilfred.
Speaker 1: Was able to read and write, and at ten he wrote a justice theory paper that won him prestigious honors. It's that excellence that caught the attention of MENSA, a high IQ society that quote welcomes people from every walk of life whose IQ is in the top two percent of the population, with the objective of enjoying each other's company and participating in a wide range of social and cultural activities.
Speaker 2: Quote.
Speaker 1: I always remember driving him to nursery and he was telling me about something he'd seen on the news and it was a very political subject. His mom and the Wilfrid told BBC later on that afternoon, I saw the optic on TV and thought, my two and a half year old has just been talking to me.
Speaker 2: About this in the car. It was just bizarre.
Speaker 1: You got to take a look at this guy again. His name is Ramannie Wilfrid. He looks like a kid and his smile is just beautiful and again, a higher IQ than Stephen Hawking and Albert Einstein is incredible. Yeah, so let's check out the black face of genius and reshape how we think about that. All right, I want to talk about some black women. I know you're not going to object to that, so I won't even ask you.
Speaker 2: Absolutely not. Actually I insist. Okay, let's do it. On this show.
Speaker 1: Over the years, we have really stressed the importance of valuing black women, all black women. You know, we espouse in particular older like praying church women from the type of women that we know from our youth.
Speaker 2: That's Q and myself.
Speaker 1: Those are the people that we go to if we need someone to say a prayer for us or or whatever. But you know, imagine this type of person. It's we've said on the show many times that that's as close to God as we will ever be on this earth. And this show was actually founded the source of inspiration that kind of led to this show was a group of black women here in Arizona where we live in Phoenix. They were protesting in twenty twenty and they were just these powerful, brilliant magnetic forces. And you know, we're radio people and we're DJs, you and me, Q, but these people that were on the streets protesting, they were doing the hard work, the social justice work, the work that didn't come with you know, magazine covers and billboards and TV appearances and DJing at the Sons Arena. Q was the son of Phoenix Sun's Arena DJ. So they weren't celebrated in the same way we were, but they were doing very meaningful work and they were kind of holding up the world that we were enjoying, if that makes sense. These black women that were ultimately ended up on the streets protesting and guiding all the people that came out to support in twenty twenty and so ever since then, we've done our best to give microphones to black women. Yes, indeed, to support black women, to.
Speaker 2: Protect we have to forgive me. But we have.
Speaker 1: To put the story that keeps coming up about you know, your friend that is trying to get some venture capital money for black women.
Speaker 3: We have to talk about that at some point, We absolutely have to, but that we can get arian on the show. Yeah, my friend from high school, founder of the Fearless Fund, who's under attacked by legislators and just call it what it is, racist who don't want her to help women of color.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know, for those of the follow us on social media, you'll know exactly what you was talking about. But you know, when I say protect black women, I mean we create opportunities to air these stories on the radio and for those of download the podcast as well. So all of these things are part and parcel to the gig here. Well, we want to show you how putting your trust in black women would be well placed. Listening to black women gives you the most authentic insight into where we stand, and it inspires the path toward how excellent we can be as a society. You may know that black women are often last on the list for this that, or they get the worst outcomes when it comes to this or that, or healthcare or anything, pick a thing, it doesn't matter. Black women suffer most on almost every metric that we value and that we track in the society. So that's the place where you're going to find the best aperture into our realist, most authentic understanding of humanity and how we value that.
Speaker 2: So we're going to do that today.
Speaker 1: We're going to talk about some black women who are leading us as a country, standing up for us. I want to play a clip. This first clip is Shalanda Young. So let's get that one.
Speaker 4: Going taking the smallest amount of spending, do nothing about taxes for the rich, and they want to cut the smallest amount of spending and then come and say we're doing too much for headstart in childcare and cancer research, because that's what we're talking about. You cannot get on a better fiscal path by going after these domestic programs. They're the smallest portion of our budget. It ain't going to happen. That's not serious fiscal conversation. Even cutting it thirty percent doesn't put you on a better fiscal path. So let's just get real. This president's committed to governing, committed to doing the right thing. This is who the Republican Conference elected to be their speaker. He hass to work with us on the budget deal. We did that. We find ourselves here. There are no negotiations left to have on a forty seventh day bill. OH Speaker Kevin McCarthy says that he's not going to take a salary during a shutdown. Was the president plan to pause his salary? Also, look, I'm glad that the Speaker has made that statement. By the way, members of Congress have to get paid constitutionally, so maybe he'll put it in a sock drawer. I don't know that they have to get paid during a shutdown. That's theater. That is theater. I will tell you, the guy who picks up the trash in my office won't get a pay check. That's real, and that's what makes me angry.
Speaker 1: So obviously, she's referring to the once looming government shut down that the Republicans at the last minute. I think they passed like a forty five day funding bill or something like that in Congress. But I think that her words are extremely potent and really drive people's attention to the issues at hand.
Speaker 3: I just wish more people could hear them right. The way that our country has started to consume information is very very partisan, very very divided, and very very in some cases, like she said, theatrical and fictition. So words like hers, they won't run that clip on Fox News where a lot of people who would need to hear that go to get their information right. Because the things that she's saying, she's not being salacious or angry, or she's just saying real truth. They're trying to cut money from head start from head start helped the least of us, but they won't even mention, you know, the tax cuts for billionaires, like these big, huge chunks of money that really could have some fiscal redirection for us. They don't want to touch any of that money because it's them and their constituents that benefit from the people that vote for them, and the people that they quote unquote represent would benefit from a better plan the type of things that she's talking about. But that base won't even listen to those words, no matter how true they are. And that's the path that we're on that scares me the most.
Speaker 1: So this is why we needed to make sure that we were sharing this content with you today so that you know about her. I want to read a bit from Angela Rai was another black woman, but she posted about the clip you just heard, and it gives you a little bit of context and background on to who Shilanda Young is. So Angelai posted and a black woman shall lead them. Another crisis averted for now. My good friend Shilanda Young has been teaching us about dollars and cents since our Capitol Hill days. She's now taken her incredible gifts and talents to the Office of Management and Budget as its director. So in that clip you may not have seen it, but in that clip she was speaking from the White House. This post goes on to say, Shilanda, your dedication keeping the government open and ensuring the most vulnerable among us are never forgotten is truly appreciated.
Speaker 3: Okay, one black woman once again, Shilanda Young, director of the United States Office of Management and Budget.
Speaker 1: Boom, All right, now, let's talk about a clip you may have seen, because it actually did Aaron Fox News and a bunch of other.
Speaker 2: News sources as well.
Speaker 1: Actually, I'm going to paint the picture for you before we actually brow that clip.
Speaker 2: Actually know what you're right, You're right. Let's let's let's do the clip first.
Speaker 1: Jasmine Crockett, Congresswoman Jasmine Crockett, let's play the clip.
Speaker 5: That'sify of what crime they believe the President of the United States has committed. But when we start talking about things that look like evidence, they want to act like they blind.
Speaker 6: They don't know what this is.
Speaker 5: These are our national secrets?
Speaker 4: Looks like in this.
Speaker 5: This looks like more evidence of our national secrets. Say on the stage at Mari Lago, when we're talking about somebody that's committed high crimes. It's at least indictments. Let's say, thirty two counts related to unauthorized retention of national security secrets, seven counts related to obstructing the investigation, three false statements, one count of conspiracy to the fraud of the United States, sposifying business records, conspiracy to the faud of the United States, two counts related to efforts to obstruct the vote certification proceedings, one count of conspiracy to violate civil rights, twenty three counts related to forgery or false document statements, eight counts related to solictening. And I could go on because he's got ninety one count spended right now. But I will tell you what the President has been guilty of. He has unfortunately been guilty of loving his child unconditionally. And that is the only evidence that they have brought forward. And honestly, I hope and pray that my parents love me half as much as he loves his child. Until they find some evidence, we need to get back to the people's work, which means keeping this government open so that people don't go hungry in the streets of the United States. And I will yield.
Speaker 2: I will yield.
Speaker 1: Okay, so again, Congresswoman Jasmine Crockett reminding the Republicans that put forth the articles of impeachment against Joe Biden that they were baseless, that they had no proof, and that this whole thing was silly.
Speaker 2: Once again, theater theater.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me read this all right, So, Congresswoman Jasmine Crockett, representing Texas as a Democrat, didn't mince words during the recent GOP led impeachment hearing into President Biden. Crockett criticized House Republicans for their laser focus on Hunter Biden huh his alleged foreign dealings while sidelining what she termed as Trump's shady business dealings with the Chinese government. In other words, they're trying to zero in on Joe Biden's son while looking past Trump's actual dealings with the Chinese government.
Speaker 2: Amongst other things. Yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: Crockett presented a detailed fact sheet from the Congressional Integrity Project shedding light on Trump's financial entanglements with China. She lamited that the GOP seemed fixated on Hunter Biden rather than addressing the allegations against the president directly. Expressing her dismay, Crockett highlighted the absence of tangible evidence pointing to a crime committed by the president. Expert witnesses called by Republicans during the hearing echoed the sentiment, stating that the current evidence wasn't sufficient for an impeachment. In a fiery moment, Crockett suggested that the GOP appeared to be turning a blind eye to critical evidence. While referencing documents reportedly discovered in Trump's Marlago bathroom. She went on to enumerate the various indictments and courts currently facing Trump, underscoring the gravity of the allegations. Addressing the emotional aspect, Crockett emphasized that the president's true guilt lies in his unconditional love for his child. She employed for a return to the people's work, emphasizing the urgency of keeping the government operational to prevent hardships for citizens. Again, so this is just prior to the extension and forty five days or you know whatever, but gives you an idea hold that thought, because I want to play the AOC clip, and I know that AOC is Puerto Rican, but we claim them too, so we're gonna let her have a moment.
Speaker 3: Woman, Yeah, first and foremost, and then she's a woman of color. So the fact that she's Puerto Rican is not oh no, I'm disqualified or no, no way does that separate her from us.
Speaker 1: Listen, if we wanted to get like genetic witted, I can show you just how black she is too. But anyway, we're gonna, we're gonna hear from aoc our sister, So run that one.
Speaker 6: Mister Charlie, I have a simple question for you in your testimon today, are you presenting any first hand witness account of crimes committed by the President of the United States.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not.
Speaker 6: No, you are not O'Connor. You are the second Republican witness here today. Have you, in your testimony presented any first hand witness account of crimes committed by the President of the United States? Thank you now, mister Dubinski. As the third and final Republican witness in this hearing, have you, in your testimony presented any first hand witness account of crimes committed by the President of the United States? I have not, And Professor Gerhardt, given that you are the minority witness, I assume the same.
Speaker 2: Correct, I'm not a fact witness. Correct, Thank you so real quick.
Speaker 1: That shows just how right Jasmine Crockett was. But AOC was just straight to the point. Do you guys have anything here? And the benefit to you, our listener, and to the American people is that we get to see the hypocrisy and as Q keeps mentioning the theater behind this whole thing, please go ahead.
Speaker 3: I mean, first and foremost, you think at the end of that video it'd be a mic drop, but it's not. And that's the infuriating part. I mean, we spoke about this on several shows before. Why so many people have just become completely disenfranchised and have kind of tapped out of our political process because so much of it is political theater, so much of it is propaganda, so much of it is blatant lies and hypocrisy. And the trouble with that is that those of us that are infuriated by this, we quit and don't participate. Those who are very very much entertained and made happy by this type of positioning, by this type of propaganda, they participate fully so they continue to get the results that they want, ironically, not even results that benefit them, just results that they can feel happy about because they share the position of those that they're voting for with regards to white supremacy, racism, xenophobia, bigotry. They share those positions, so they delight and people that they think think like them having some success and being able to, you know, pump their fists and say we got we got one.
Speaker 2: Over on you.
Speaker 3: And then those people go back to work and do nothing for them and just continue to make life more and more difficult for those of us who are just baseline decent, decent citizens of this country. It's really really discouraging, really really infuriating. You know, I try to keep light, but you've seen how upset I get about this because it's a cycle that seems to not stop.
Speaker 2: That's fair.
Speaker 1: Leave it to qu to break it down, man, you're really good at that. So we're talking about black women leading us through this troubling time.
Speaker 2: So let's let it ride.
Speaker 1: Uh, we wouldn't be doing our jobs if we didn't, shout out. Letitia James, the New York City Attorney General, she's got Trump on the road. Her and the judge looks like you know, they have, you know, for his fraud fraud case fraud.
Speaker 2: Civil case, civil broad case. I'm sure.
Speaker 1: Actually, let me just read this, Okay. It's comes from CNN. NYC Attorney General Letitia James accuses Trump and two of his adult sons and the Trump organization as well as top executives so fraudulently value in real estate properties to attain more favorable loan and insurance terms and tax benefits. And it seems like it's going well for her right now. I'm not sure when you'll hear this episode or what the outcomes will be, if if there will be any other outcomes besides this, but right now we have to, you know, give credit where it's due. She's doing her job, she's unafraid, and she's getting attacked constantly by Trump.
Speaker 3: The really interesting part, Rams, is that the Party of Law and Order because all about it until it's aimed at them, and then they just call it all corrupt, all the scam, all the fraud, right the whole Blue Lives Matter movement, the whole you know, justice for All movement that they that they you know, parade and pairrot when it comes time for true accountability and for the law to be not turned on them, but just used the way that it should be. Then it's all bs. You know, this judge is somehow a Democratic puppet and all of the charges are made.
Speaker 2: Up and Trump like victims right.
Speaker 3: Threatened violence against these people, and his followers, as we've seen, will carry out those charges that he makes on a microphone in public on purpose. So we have to be very careful and we have to somehow remain legit man and kind of get back involved in the political process in this country because we swept over.
Speaker 2: If we don't absolutely.
Speaker 1: Well, I want to mention one more person. She hasn't yet fully blossomed, but she's she's past the starting line. Right now. I'm going to read a bit from La Times before we move on. Butler becomes the first out gay person of color to serve in the Senate and the first out LGBTQ plus person to represent California in the Chamber. Lafonza Butler is a California's newest Senator. Following historic swearing in ceremony with Vice President Kamala Harris Tuesday afternoon in the US Capital flank by California Senator Alex Padia and Senator Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, Butler raised her right hand to take the oath of office. The Senate chamber reerpted in and applause as Butler signed her name. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell shook her hand as Butler walked off the Senate floor. Governor Gavin Newsom tap Butler on Sunday to replace the late Senator Dianne Feinstein, so we got to shout her out as well.
Speaker 2: Absolutely