Speaker 1: Well, well, well, I'm already peaking. I'm so excited. What color is that metal? Jabari? Do you see this metal all everything? I'm not getting caught up in the semantics of whether we're calling them the champions of the World or simply the Olympic champs. You had to tell me what that was a reference to. But salute to both the men's and women's team USA basketball teams for taking the gold in the Paris Olympics in style. We're also talking nineties greats and we're doing it on our own one on one baby. Okay, I'm Jack O'Brien and.
Speaker 2: I'm producing Jabari in for the guest and Miles. I guess.
Speaker 1: We won't worry about it, and this is my story. Got it?
Speaker 2: Look hits okay, mb driving.
Speaker 1: Spinny Fatter number eighteen that's been.
Speaker 2: Secured the Celtics or NBA champions over the double team.
Speaker 1: N be honest with the look out, no showtime, what you got?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: What a run of Olympic basketball games. Wasn't too long after our last recording that the US played Serbia and it looked like it was lights out. It looked like this was going to be a very different podcast. They were down fifteen seventeen in the second half. I feel sure. It was sure, Okay, this is going to be an ongoing thing. In this episode, Jabari has promised to try and sneak in as many k dot references as possible and we'll we'll see if you catch them all. I don't know. So both games were instant classics. Serbia France, team USA shot forty from deep for the tournament.
Speaker 2: Pretty good.
Speaker 1: We went from being, I feel like, in for a while there we were like the University of Kentucky under John Calipari, where like they were just like athletically superior and like getting every rebound and just not much going on outside of the lane. And you know, we were having to win against a bunch of sharpshooters from around the world. And now that this particular Olympic team for US men's basketball a little bit slower than maybe some of the teams that we were going against, but with the best shooting in the world, we flipped the script on them, Jabari.
Speaker 2: We took their game and made it hours that's right here, the beautiful game.
Speaker 1: By choosing to have Steph Curry on then Olympic team, We're like what if what about this guy? This guy seems like we feel like he's still got a got a trick or two up his sleeves, But I don't know. So I watched gold medal game against France. Beginning to end. The US had control throughout, but it, yeah, France kept it close, uh, and towards the end it felt like it could go either way. And then Steph hit four threes in two minutes in the fourth quarter, the last one being absolutely ridiculous, like making I think everybody who was watching it stand up and scream.
Speaker 2: It's that shot. It's that shot that when someone makes it against you, you just turn it. You know. It's kind of like a versus Jokic in the playoffs the last couple of years, where you just turn on him and you're like, Okay, gay man, you've got.
Speaker 1: It all right, Cool, dude, we get it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we get it. You know, you're pretty good at that congress.
Speaker 1: But even like I couldn't believe he was taking the last shot. When he took it, I was like, well, that's obviously not going in. That's barely a basketball shot.
Speaker 2: You had le Ron wide open on the wing, Yet other guys that are opened He's like, no, no, I.
Speaker 1: Double teamed fading away as the shot clock was running down. The shot clock was running down on that right. I think it wasn't just like it was.
Speaker 2: It was like it was like, you know, hey, there's seven seconds left. Maybe I could have kicked it over there, but not go ahead and take that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it was just he the best person when he's got it, going to have taking any shot, and he was just taking the most ridiculous shots that I think I've ever seen. And the French commentating crew we have the translation. We should play a little bit of the audio for you. First of all, I love that the French are that poetic about it, calling him this this demon Steph Curry? Is that what they called him? This devil? Devil? It also harkens back to one of my favorite NBA tweets of all time was when do you remember the game where he was just locked in against Okac, like before KD came and he ended up hitting the game winning shot from like half court. Yes, and someone tweeted, Steph's got a demon, That's all there is to it. And I feel like watching Steph Curry locked in is like one of the things that makes me realize, Oh, this is why exorcisms exist. This is why people believed in witchcraft for so long. It's that. And it's like when my child has a temper tantrum and I'm like this, how is this happening? But how is that? How did that spirit? How did that person enter that body? Those are the two things that make me understand why people used to, uh, you know, have witch trials in the past.
Speaker 2: Hey, look, I'm just glad I don't have to ever have to face somebody like him. Like, if we're keeping it real, like, look, I watch all of Kobe's career, and to be clear, I'm only I'm only providing context in reverence of these greats. But I watched all of Kobe's career. I watch a lot of Magic's career, obviously, I watch a lot of Jordan's career. I've seen a lot of dominial shack. I've seen a lot of dominant performances. I think the reason why Steph's always stands out to me is because it it does look like, oh, that's one of us out there, and I get it. He's six to three, he's a professional athlete. He you know, he is actually physically you know, physically gifted, you know, beyond belief. But the stuff that he does, it makes you feel like man one of us and we got it and we got one of the greatest of all time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we really do that. I mean we did. We did a review of that documentary Underrated on this show that that is wild, like just going back, I still can't believe. And I talk about it every chance I get, Like when I'm when I was watching this, I was telling people about that documentary like that he was like thought to be too small for Division I basketball. Yeah, like they really he wasn't recruited. I mean, that's why he ended up playing on Davidson. You know. He was seventeen for twenty six from deep over the past the last two games after struggling in the lead up to the knockout rounds. But it was just Miles said it really well during the Serbia game, and then it came true again in the France game that it was like watching the Avengers assemble. It was just like everybody's superpower came through in the clutch right when it was needed in a way that it was like, oh, only the only thing that we could do right now is have the best shooter in the world just knocking down absurd threes and and they were just doing it. It is so cool.
Speaker 2: Let me ask this, do you think we're ever going to see and And I know, you know it's kind of a silly question, but we're a silly show, so here we are, and I'm a silly guy. Yeah, is this the last time we're going to see him on?
Speaker 1: You're more weird than silly. You're just your vibes are weird. Thank you. I appreciate that he's the political term.
Speaker 2: Yeah, say, oh wait, you're lumping me in with that, sir, kind of.
Speaker 1: The JD Vance NBA basketball Now, I'm just, oh no.
Speaker 2: Stay off of my couch. Okay. The reason why I'm asking this question is because, like I am one that appreciates, you know, like great news. I'm a pre I'm one that appreciate you know. I think the league has been great forever. I think the old greats if you gave him the benefit of it, you know, like the benefit of modern medicine and all of modern training and whatnot, they would be great in these times. But you know, at the same time, I do think this is the best or the most skilled the league has been, so my all time greats. I love seeing them on the on the big stage. Given the fact that Golden State doesn't necessarily look like they're you know, they have any more deep runs left in them as currently constituted, it didn't make me sit back and appreciated, because they did make me wonder, is this the last time we're going to see him on this type of stage.
Speaker 1: I think it probably is, unless they can make I don't know, Like I do feel like this has been so like those two games were so iconic that if I was running an NBA franchise, I would like they would change how I thought about it, and they shouldn't, right, but I like i'd be like, I don't know, man, let's roll the dice. We got Steph Curry. Did you see that game? I mean that was crazy and we're going to talk about that with regards to the Lakers in a moment. But I think it might be the last time we see him on this because I don't think he's going back to Game seven of the finals. You know, yeah, I would They would have to be pulling off something truly incredible that I can't even like conceive of at this moment, but or or a trade, you know, he was like, yeah, definitely possible. Do you think he's going to like the thing you always hear about him is like, well, Steph's going to age better than anybody because he can shoot. But I feel like, yeah, I don't know that it's not always the case that like the shooters aged the best, and especially when they have like non uh like not normal NBA bodies, you know, like, yeah, Larry Bird was a great shooter, he didn't age very well. You know.
Speaker 2: I guess I see it kind of in the way that like how Reggie Miller was able to still be highly effective over the course of it, like like even down the stretch of his career. Yeah, I recognize Reggie Miller was six with seven, so it's a little bit different of a conversation. But because Steph, you know, so much of his offense is generated off of off of movement, off of you know, back cuts, off of.
Speaker 1: Double yeah, I guess that's what I'm thinking.
Speaker 2: I do think that he'll still be able to be effective basically as long as his wheel stay right and you know, like you know that's not that's nothing small. Given the fact that he had, you know, such so many issues with him earlier in his career. As long as he can still move around, I think he'll still be effective. Now. I don't know how much longer we have this level where it's like, hey, that's the greatest player they you know, and and I'm you know, saying it hyperbolically, but also I mean it a little bit like when he gets it going, it's he still looks like, oh man, that's the greatest player of it.
Speaker 1: It's the best weapon you can he's Yeah, when he's got it going, it really is. I mean, I so Steph hit the big shots. I do just want to. I will take them. Let's take a quick break, and then I want to come back and talk about Lebron because I feel like, across the entire Olympics, he was the best player in the Olympics with a full gray beard. Go yes, which was very cool and I really shaded it. But yeah, let's take let's take a quick break and come back and talk about the rest of the gold medal winning USA men's basketball team. We'll be right back and we're back. Also, I just want to I do before we leave, Steph totally bam on Steph's last three. I was kind of like, what the fu? And then I remembered who was shooting it and exactly that is exactly the thought process that we all went through. In one and a half seconds.
Speaker 2: I didn't even get the no out, I got the oh okay.
Speaker 1: I screamed so like that was the loudest basketball game has made me scream in a long time.
Speaker 2: So much.
Speaker 1: That was a lot of fun. Uh, And I didn't it was my first time rooting against Wemby. Didn't love it. Didn't love rooting against him, just sol a little bit, hurt my soul a little. But he he played well. He wasn't like dominant and but he was. He was really good. Yeah, I feel like a good showing from him. Love the tears at the end. Uh, And yeah, you know more to come from him. So just real quick players to win an NBA title, n b A, m v P Finals, m v P and an Olympic gold medal. We've got Michael Jordan, We've got Larry Bird, We've got Magic Johnson. Larry Bird was this guy who played for the Celtics. I actually just referenced him. He's a good guy, that first guy that you said, Oh Michael Jordan.
Speaker 2: Oh, Oh, Michael Jeffrey Jordan.
Speaker 1: Oh, Michael Jeffrey Jordan. Yea yea, the Hakeem Elajahuan Center for the Houston Rockets. Kobe Bryant. Uh, and then you got your Lebron, you got your Kevin Durant, you got your Shakhilo, and now Steph. I thought Lebron and Durant were the two people who soothed my soul anything. Anytime things were not going great for this team, Lebron was throwing like no look behind the back passes through traffic, like just unbelievable and just so steady. He is a basketball computer who always makes the right move, always gets the ball to exactly where it should be going. He was showing things on defense. I didn't really know he had left. I feel like this is another good argument for uh, you know, fewer NBA games than like maybe taking taking the time down a little bit, so people, Yeah, let's wear and tear. But Lebron and KD KD is just so awesome.
Speaker 2: He's the best, just truly a lethal weapon, you know what I mean. But when he gets when he I understand exactly what you mean about, you know, feeling most comfortable with those guys because it's like, for one, we've seen them do it for years too. They when they get when it when it when it's when it's put up or shut up time, you know they're gonna you know, they're going to bring it. I'm gonna throw I. I generally each time I appear on here with you, Jack, I say something ridiculous. Here comes my ridiculous thing.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Oh, if Lebron is healthy, he's playing in twenty twenty eight in LA. I'm not saying he's going to be dominant. I'm saying a forty four year old man is going to be on that roster somehow, some way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not here to complain. I'm not here to doubt Lebron. I'm currently forty four. Uh and I only barely missed this Olympic Games, so right, yeah, but yeah, I don't know. He just he looked so awesome. Ad was also I do want to mention a d was in the top four of the people I felt most comfortable having out there like he was. He was the big man that played the best. So it's weird that, like on this team that had the best players in the NBA. The two people I felt most comfortable having on the court among KD, I'd say it went Lebron, KD Steph, you know, depending on which game it was. But you know, Booker and then Anthony Davis. And of those five, four of them or two of them play for the Lakers and two of them play for the Suns. Neither teams that you know made it anywhere out of the first couldn't make it out of the first round in the playoff slasher as a Lakers fan, because I will say as a Sixers fan, watching MB kind of be limited in various ways, I was like, oh, yeah, this is this reminds me of why I feel like our ceiling is maybe a little bit limited. As a Lakers fan, watching Lebron and ad play incredible. How what did that feel like? And do you have a new outlook on the coming season.
Speaker 2: I do not have a outlook on this season because what it looked like is exactly what I both love and hate about this current team. I love the fact that we've got you know, Lebron, an all time great, if not the all time great. I don't care about the semantics of it. You know, you guys can choose, you know, where you put them. He's one of the great He's one of the greatest, if not the greatest ever do this. And you've got Anthony Davis, who is a generational player on the defensive end as well as as a secondary you know, support guy. But if you have no faith and I'm speaking generally here, if you have no faith in the front office and you have no faith in the organization's ability to place you know, championship pieces around them, it's actually more frustrating than anything. So I like, I celebrated it, I loved it. I will always go into the year hopeful. But since twenty twenty when they and I know people are tired of hearing about it, when they dismantled what was a great roster and a chance in a very clear cut championship team, I haven't had much faith in them. And honestly, the same could be said for the Suns, Like they've made splashy moves and and and big deals over the last couple of years, but not the right types of players in support of very clear you know, the very clear advantage that they have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Katie, it makes sense why Kadi and Lebron are always like going after great players because they play really well next to great players, you know, like why they're always like, yeah, give me a big three, We're good here. Yeah. I don't know. It made me a little bit more bullish on the on the Lakers, maybe not the Suns, but definitely the Lakers because Lake Lebron and a D like ads so great defensively and on the boards. And just the thing with Embiid, like he had his moments, but his foot speed is a real disadvantage, like even against international competition. It's just like you can't give up that many offensive boards, and like defensively he was a little a step slow. He's still great. I'm still excited for the sixer season, but there were moments where I was like, ah, yes, the playoffs, you know, yes, having a REDI middle yeah, yeah, but yeah, I mean in the France game, Lebron and Booker paced them in the first half and wound up making huge plays throughout the second half to help close France out. There was a controversy about playing time. I always felt good about the rotations down the stretch for the US, like I felt like Booker was I should have been there, and I was glad he was in. When he was in, I'll just say.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, and you know, I put it in the notes, But I did want to acknowledge that man Devin Booker came in and everybody was, you know, like talking about him, like, Okay, yeah, he's a great scorer, and I'm talking about young Devin Booker. He's a great scorer. But it's not you know, leading to success, whereas in one guy you know can win any you know can win you know, consistently in the NBA. But I do also want to acknowledge his game and his approach the game has changed over the years. I'm looking, you know, we are now looking at a highly intelligent, highly mature individual that it you know, yeah, he knows he can go you know, he can go off and give you thirty maybe even forty or more at a given time. But I've never seen him look better as an actual teammate, a guy that is specifically looking to make the right plays for his team, regardless of whether that's him scoring or him rebounding, or him just you know, a knocking a ball away or doing whatever it takes. Basically. So I wanted to acknowledge that because because that is a tremendous amount of growth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you put it in the doc last week that you know, when somebody was like, somebody needs to come in and just like be the you know, role player on the US men's basketball team in the Olympics, and you know, just tie everything together. We can't just have all alphas. And Booker responded to that and said, I'll do it. And then after the gold medal game, USA Basketball responded to requoted that and said he did it. Because he did, and that's why Twitter is our greatest communications platform. Nothing bad ever comes out.
Speaker 2: Of there, nothing whatsoever.
Speaker 1: The game averaged nineteen point five million viewers on NBC and Peacock, making it the most watched gold medal games since nineteen ninety six, which I don't even really remember that team that well, but you do. That was obviously the Atlanta Olympics, the second Dream Team two, And you made the case do you think they were actually better than Dream Team one?
Speaker 2: All right, so I'm gonna pump my brakes on that, but I but I will say I think they compete with them. I legitimately do the only reason why I can't say that they're better is because ninety two, as Prime, you know, uh Prime, Pippin and Barkley, whereas in ninety six, while they're still on the squad, obviously it's four years later. But what I will say is, admittedly, the only reason why I remembered those teams, or the you know that team in particular, was because it was either Taco Bell or McDonald's. It might have been McDonald if I'm not mistaking it was McDonald They had that, they had that, they had the cups. They had those cups, and I can, I can, like uh, I can completely remember Shack. It was it was a period in his life when he had the shaved head, but the sideburn, not the beer, not to the shaved head with the sideburn, and it was on the cup.
Speaker 1: Is this part when you're comparing those two teams, is this part of the bit where you act like you don't know who Michael Jordan? Is that because you said the only reason that you're going to give ninety two the.
Speaker 2: Mean reason, to be clear, Mike is Mike, and he's just.
Speaker 1: One person who I will not let his team lose. Other than this version of Lebron James, maybe the yeah ninety two versus this team would have been a lot of fun because in nineteen ninety two they hadn't figured out the math that three pointers were worth three points, which is a lot more than two points. So I don't know, I think they could have done it. What else Wemby Victor Wembyama with a silver medal around his neck. I'm learning, and I'm worried for the opponents in a couple of years in FIBA or the NBA everywhere. So we'll leave it at that.
Speaker 2: First of all, don't tell me you're worried about me, you know what I mean? Yeah, Yeah, that's a very's like it's it's one of those where it's not a threat, but it's a threat. Yeah, I'm really worried about you, man.
Speaker 1: We're all worried about you to everybody else in the league. All right. The other question that my family immediately started debating after the gold medal game is who is Team USA's best hope at leading the twenty twenty eight team to victory. Steph would be forty, KD would be thirty nine. Obviously, it doesn't matter how old Lebron is, he's going to be leading the team. So you have I'm assuming Anthony Edwards Devin Booker got four Celtics of some stretch, you know.
Speaker 2: I mean, is Drew Sill around then maybe?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, seems like jaw might be a good addition, like I I've never seen. I don't know, Like, on the one hand, the middle seems to be like a little bit more clogged up in international basketball. On the other hand, I don't think I've ever seen it really matter that much because he's just so good at creating space, like I feel like he would he would be creating incredible moments. Jalen Brunson, Yes, please, like all point guards? Maybe we go all point.
Speaker 2: Just all points. Yeah, Look, I hear you on joh and on straight up. I'm you know, I recognize it's a it can be a sensitive subject. But I'll just say he's heading in the year six and I hope that this is his best year moving forward. You know, if he's healthy, give me him dunking off the Olympic rings, give me all of that. I'm also glad that you mentioned Jalen Brunson because and and I mentioned to you, you know, this year earlier. I think because people like envision him as shorter than what he actually is. If I'm not saying he's a legitimate six two, but because he's kind of stocky like people like. I feel like at the beginning of this year, people were underrating him and now we are now and and for those of you that were not, if you're Knicks fans, I recognized you said he was the greatest thing since sliced bread. But for a lot of folks out there, they were under reading him.
Speaker 1: I'm ns are they They don't like Jalen Brunson. I don't hear enough about Jaylen Brunson from them. They Yeah, he snuck up on me this year. The Knicks fans were just wouldn't say that way to keep the secret Knicks fans. I guess maybe that was your strategy because they talked about them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yep, but no, I'm I would I would love. I would love to see your roster that looks something like that. And and hell, you never know, maybe we've got some other crazy, you know, crazy guys coming up. Baby Cooper flag is so good that he's it.
Speaker 1: He's flag, the Cooper flag hype. I'm here, I'm saying, de Vincenzo, get him out there, get him in, Josh Hart, get him out there. Go all wild cats bro. But yeah, I don't know. I'm not obviously Lebron captain and leading scorer. Otherwise we might need to do some Cold War era spying and get more great players to defect like we did with MB this year. Shout out to Wimby, shout out Tomba, here's room. Well, the great state of Texas will take you join, join up. Yeah, so I don't know, it's it's gonna be fun though, Like I what what a what a great Olympics, What a great team. That's been funny even just like watching everybody party and celebrate in the aftermath, including Kevin Durant going down a water slide like it was the first water slide he'd ever encountered. All right, uh, should we get into some nineties hoops?
Speaker 2: Let's do it.
Speaker 1: Let's just okay, let's take a quick break. We'll come back, we'll get your nineties hoops picks, and we'll do two rapid fires. We'll be right back and we're back in jabbari as you may may or may not know. Uh, this summer we're doing a nineties whoops retrospective and uh we we put out the list of the greats and you chose all by yourself. Kobe Bryant, Timothy Duncan, Dirk Nowitzki, and Dwight Howard. Dwight is an interesting one because Dwight was before his back injury. He was not shack, but he was like kind of a version of shape. He was so big and dominant it was wild.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I honestly, legitimately think he's underrated at this stage because of the back injury. But prime Dwight, prior to that injury was it, you know, was on pace to be that top twenty five type, you know, guy of all time. Now, I have no idea where I would rank him, you know, obviously I think, you know, I think he's probably top one hundred and and maybe even top seventy five. But trajectory was, you know, was just ridiculous prior to that, and I actually wish people could let go some of the silly stuff and actually just acknowledged how great of a Pleary was.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think it's also after the injury, there was a lot of time of him being a second strength center, right, Like that's how a lot of people. Yeah, it's one It's one thing to be like, oh man, this younger generation like doesn't even have a memory of this guy, and then they can go back on YouTube and be like, wow, he was great, Like when it's like this younger generation remembers this guy as being just a very animated person on the bench doing weird uh glasses things and uh yeah, yeah. Anyways, Tim duncan greatest power forward to ever play?
Speaker 2: The basic questions for you because you know, you remember at one point, for a large portion of his career, he was a center. He was playing the center position. Yeah, and then he switched to the power forward. I don't I'm not saying it was all market, No, I like, yes, the answer is yes, he's the greatest prober forward ever played a game. I'm sorry for anybody that's disagreeing with that. Yeah, I don't know what. I don't know what game you will watch.
Speaker 1: Do you think if he if his game was put into the modern NBA, he would still be like a top five MVP candidate every year.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, because he defended like crazy. He was, you know, I mean, let's be real, He's called the Big Fundamentals for a reason. You know, he he'd be destroying folks with those turnarounds, you know, kissing it off the glass just the same. Uh, you know, he's he was always the consummate team guy. Yes, one hundred percent of Tim Duncan in today's league would still be that guy.
Speaker 1: I think he'd stink moving on. Okay, did did Dirk Nowitzki's footwork around his jumper have the most impact of any player of his?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Was that? I feel like the step backs, the weird like you know, one legged jumpers, Like it's a skill that I didn't really see people having before Dirk and now it's absolutely everywhere. Do you think like he's one of the most impactful guys in the past, you know, twenty years.
Speaker 2: Absolutely like every big and now, look, would biggs have eventually gotten to where they were you know, where they are now and where they will be moving forward? Probably, But I guarantee the bigs of today they looked back at they looked at Dirk. Uh they you know, they you know, watched his progression, watched exactly how he worked out there on the court, and they had to be you know, that had to be of influence. I definitely think it did.
Speaker 1: Mm I think he stinks all right, all right? And finally, obviously on the list, favorite Kobe moment.
Speaker 2: Oh, Game four, two thousand Finals, Shack, you know, like it's a back and forth game. They're battling the you know, like the Lakers were up to to one, you know on the on the Pacers. I think it was Game four, And if it was game three, people are gonna crush me about it. But I'm pretty sure it was Game four.
Speaker 1: But uh, guess what, we don't care exactly if he's wrong, we don't care.
Speaker 2: Hey, it happens, it won't be the it won't even be the last time I'm wrong on this show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we tried to be wrong as much as possible on this show.
Speaker 2: So exactly, Shack fouls out down the stretch. It's still you know, the game is still in the balance. Kobe, you know, twenty one years old at the time. Knock you like knocks down and jumper over. Reggie knocks down and jumper over. I think it was Mark Jackson puts, you know, get you know it gets a put back and basically turns to the bench and goes like I got this, Like you know, he's giving the calm down. That's probably that that that would probably be my favorite Cobe.
Speaker 1: WoT okay, And I know better than to say I think he stinks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, please don't say this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do still live in Los Angeles, so yes, all right, Jabari? Uh it is time for the fastest segment in podcasting. As you well know, sir, your your role here. I'm gonna fire questions at you that you wrote. Then you're going to have to you. You don't know what's coming, You're gonna have to answer them. Are you ready?
Speaker 2: I am ready, but only if Brian's ready.
Speaker 1: Okay, and we do need to yell at Brian. Brian, please start the clock, good sir.
Speaker 2: I don't think he's gonna hear you.
Speaker 1: Brian, Brian, Brian, start the clock, Brian, Brian. Do you know how serious I am right now? That's this is why my kids don't respect me. This is as serious as I can get there. Yeah, okay, dad, do you understand how serious? I am? Young man? Anyway, don't talk to me like that. I immediately pose like an old timey bike, sir when I said why, I want to why? All right?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Uh, Jabari, you get to choose obviously. Snoop, one of Southern California's finest took over the Paris Olympics, who from Los Angeles, Southern California should run the show at the Los Angeles Olympics in twenty eight. Let's get your top three.
Speaker 2: All right, it's in LA you know that. I think that Lebron's going to be a part of it anyhow. But if he's not, then he's definitely going to be that. So like, let's let's put Lebron out there. Second second, Wait, were you saying Snoop is obvious? So he's already one of the Snoop's in.
Speaker 1: Snoop's already part of the team. Who's standing next to him?
Speaker 2: Is so Lebron Snoop and Lebron mister pop out and show players Kendrick Lamar?
Speaker 1: Is that the lyric?
Speaker 2: That is pretty sure? That's all it goes?
Speaker 1: Mister pop out? Hey, you know, I mean the NBC came a long way on Snoop, you know, from the early nineties to Yeah. So all right, yeah, I like it. I don't. You guys can't claim Lebron.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, he will at the Ohio. Man, he will have played here for like seven eight years.
Speaker 1: Nice, and Lakers fans are going to be no closer to adopting him.
Speaker 2: Okay, Fine, Okay, fine, we're gonna take Lebron out because you know what, You're right, Lebron's gonna be playing. Yeah, Lebron's gonna be on the court, so he can't be that. Oh man, this is more difficult than I would have anticipated, to be honest with you said, You're like, well, who could it be? Who could it be? There's gonna be like there are people that are listening, like, come on, man, it's obvious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's gotta be like Flee. I feel like Flee is probably from Red Hot Chili Peppers. You know this, this is.
Speaker 2: A two American situation because you came out with Flee and I was just about to say, rig Yeah, but Fleewood makes sense as well. I mean, like, if we're being real, I'm pretty sure they are going to be a part of it.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, yeah, uh is also good. All Right, we do have to replenish because you selfishly picked uh three the three best players left on the list Kobe, Derek and Tim Duncan. So who are the nineties players that still need to be added to this list for our final installment of nineties nostalgia?
Speaker 2: All right, let me get Chris Gatling. No.
Speaker 3: Shout out to Chris Gatling Gatling Gun No no disrespect, no disrespect, all right, Uh, all right, So even though they're on the list, I'm just gonna name these guys because he's the guys that we need to get in. We need to be able to talk about a Chemo Laju one because I don't feel like enough people of to day recognize how great he truly was.
Speaker 2: Right, you cannot have an nineties conversation about basketball without talking about Dennis Rodman. So Dennis Rodman also must be a part of next week's conversation.
Speaker 1: You are showing our guests how this is done. Two grand answers.
Speaker 2: This is how we do this, and then the last one, and then the last one. Let's be real. This man was a true cult of personality. He is Oh, I mean him too. This man should have led this conversation. This man is very near and dear to both of our hearts. He stepped over Tyron Blue. He gave Derek Fisher fifteen Game one of the finals. We need to have an in depth conversation about Alan Iverson and he is. He was on the list, but we no one has mentioned him. That's what. Wow, those three it came allows the one Dennis Rodman and Alan Iverson that is who Jason Tienth of the Volume Network will be discussing with you guys.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Jason, Uh, It's up to you two choose wisely. You did it. You nailed it, stepped in, you filled both roles. You you tried. We we had a whole episode where you did different voices. You had a guest voice and then a co host voice, and it didn't work at all. But I think I think we pulled it off the second time, so well done. I'm not gonna say which one was just wildly offensive, but one of them was. You have some work to do on your Italian accent. But Jabari, where can people find you? Follow you all that good stuff.
Speaker 2: I'm easy on Twitter at Jabari A Davis. What about you?
Speaker 1: Oh, you can find me on Twitter, Jack Underscore, Obrian, thank you so much for asking you. Bar Hey, you can follow us. You can go search the hashtag mad Boosti's mad bub O s t a i E s for show links and updates, and you know sure to join the conversation on our discord, which you can also find the link for when you search mat Boostie's and that's another one in the book. Swish from way Downtown Stepp We're going away. Yes, we did it, good job, we did it.