Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: I am Carol Masser with David Gora. Let's to go look at some stocks in the move. Bloomberg News Managing editor from Bloomberg Market's live blog. Christina Quino in the house with us. Where do you want to start?
Speaker 1: Let's see all about data centers. There so shares of a Blackrock ticker b LK. They finished a day up just zero point seven percent, but earlier up more than two percent, and that is because their Global Infrastructure Partners unit agreed to buy Aligned data centers.
Speaker 3: From a query, everybody's buying data.
Speaker 1: Everybody wants a data center, including Blackrock. So this is actually a forty billion dollars deal, which when you consider how much Blackrock has in asses under management, that's like a drop in the bucket. So I g yes, they thought that it was a pretty affordable data center deal. And interestingly, they're partnering with companies including Microsoft and Nvidia in this endeavor and they're going to be buying up Aligned. This is a company that based in Texas. They have fifty campuses. They have seventy data centers under management or in future development. So pretty promising in terms of Blackrocks foray into this space.
Speaker 4: Here, another big day for Blackrock reported earnings yesterday. We got this astonishing number that they've got thirteen point four to six trillion dollars just grows and growth under management now and those of one hundred and seventy one billion dollars. So news upon news post.
Speaker 5: The black brog it sounds like they've got I guess it means other people's funds, but they got.
Speaker 3: To do the exactly all right, let's go to Stilantis. What do you got for that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's take a look at Atlanta's ticker STLA. So those shares have had a good day today. So they are the maker of g SUVs and for the longest time they've struggled with market share in the US market. But now they're vowing to invest thirteen billion dollars in this market for the next four years, and they're billing it as their single largest investment in more than one hundred years. It's also being seen as by analysts as a way to counter a pain from the tariffs because the company did estimate in July that higher duties will set their earnings back by about the equivalent of one point seven billion dollars this year, so that's not nothing. And our blooming intelligence analyst is weighing in on the deal. They are saying that they would like to see more details how exactly this will be deployed and whether this is already part of their kap ex plan anyway, which is estimated at around ten billion euros each year, So.
Speaker 3: We shall see.
Speaker 1: But those that news definitely contributing to depositive day for share.
Speaker 4: So I always wondering, yes, just such a fascinating facet of all of this stuff, whether it's cars or pharmaceuticals, Like how much this stuff is new and novel versus companies being like a skiven thought to doing this before corporate do it in yes, well, and then.
Speaker 5: You make a promise about right and who knows, like whether it all plays out, I mean four years three.
Speaker 1: Just saying P and C. Yeah, let's take a look at P and C. That did not do so well today, so took her P and C. Those shares down more nearly four percent, so at three point nine percent at the close, and they did get results today, third quarter net interest margin missing estimates. That's because they did add more expensive commercial deposits. Those tend to pay higher interests rather than the accounts for retail customers.
Speaker 3: Though.
Speaker 1: The good news is that loan loss provisions weren't less than expected. And that is consistent with the line that we've heard from Wall Street bags saying the consumers the only fine they're making their payments, they're not getting behind on their credit card bills. And you know, especially the top segment of that consumer base, the higher income customer base, still spending, still putting in deposits, and so this is kind of consistent with what P and C is saying as well.
Speaker 4: Let me jump off with that. I mean, like here we are entering season, it's underway in earnest. These big banks can't buy or merge with any others. I mean, there's big as they can they can be. When you look at a bank like P and C other kind of regional banks, what are we going to learn over the coming days about sort of their appetite for mergers? Is that something you're going to be charting going for You think we're going to hear much about Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I mean we've already seen that some of those deals coming through. I mean P and C itself, actually it is involved in an M and A deal. They announced in September that they're going to be taking you over First Bank. That's a four point one billion dollar deal. And you know CEO Build Demchak refer to that deal as basically them effectively buying Colorado. And so it seems like Emina activity, particularly.
Speaker 3: To work on your messaging. Yeah, yeah, no, I get what he said. He needed a maybe some pr help with that one.
Speaker 1: But anyway, that's that's suddenly in the cards for sure, P and Z getting in on that Eminy action, which we know has been very active this year.
Speaker 5: I just want to add two more United Airlines down about two percent in the aftermarket that after it reported better than expected earnings for their third core and they expect brand loyal flyers and demand for its premium seats to drive profit through the end of the year. And I think their outlook was pretty positive, but investors don't seem so enthused. And I got to mention jbehind It's up like twelve percent here in the aftermarket, and this is coming after the company reported their quarter earnings for sure that beat the average analyst estimate.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.