Speaker 1: It is time now for today's Strawberry Letter, and if you need advice on relationships, dating, work, sex, parenting, and more, please submit your Strawberry Letter to Steve HARVEFM dot com and click submit Strawberry Letter.
Speaker 2: We could be reading your letter live on.
Speaker 1: The air, just like we're going to read this one right here, right now, and you never know, it could be yours.
Speaker 3: You never know.
Speaker 4: Buckle up and hold on tight. We got it for you here. It is Strawberry Letter.
Speaker 1: Subject he doesn't wear anything under his clothes. Dear Stephen Shirley, My boyfriend and I have been together for three months and he lives about an hour from where I live. It's not a long distance relationship. We just live in a really big city. If we hang out on his side of town, I stay at my sister's house because I'm not ready to stay overnight at his house. And here's why dot dot dot. When I visit him, there's a certain smell in his place. I could not tell exactly where what it was, but it's like an old house.
Speaker 2: Smell or dirty clothes smell.
Speaker 1: He had the same smell whenever I saw him, so I got him some cologne.
Speaker 2: He loves it and wears it all the time. Now.
Speaker 1: We have only been intimate once, but it was at my house and I made him take a shower before we did anything.
Speaker 2: I could still smell him though.
Speaker 1: Yesterday he called and asked if he could wash a load of clothes because his.
Speaker 2: Washing machine was acting up. I told him it was fine.
Speaker 1: He came over and before he put his load of dark clothes in the washer, he took off all the clothes he wore to my house and put them in the washing machine. He didn't have on draws, a T shirt, socks, or anything under his clothes. I asked him where his undergarments were and he said he didn't wear any of that. He put on a pair of basketball shorts that he had on Saturday when I saw him. His washer is broken, so I know they were not clean. It was a total shocker, but it explains his stench. He's recycling dirty clothes and not using underwear as.
Speaker 2: A buffer to his clothes.
Speaker 1: I told him he has nasty habits, and he got upset and left. I haven't heard from him, so I put his wet clothes in a Kroger bag and sanitized my washing machine.
Speaker 2: Should I be nice? And let him pick up his clothes.
Speaker 1: Or should I be nice and open minded and try to work through this?
Speaker 2: Work through what?
Speaker 3: Work through? Work?
Speaker 1: Yeah, work through what. He's nasty and stinky. We're not working through anything. That's not what you want. No one wants a partner who isn't clean. And you were right there. You were really right. His habits are nasty. He's a grown man. He should really really know.
Speaker 2: Better than this.
Speaker 1: I although I hope you didn't crush him too badly when you told him personal hygiene is a deal breaker. It's anywhere, a deal breaker, anywhere you go. It's across the board. You can't go down to your jobs thinking, you can't go to church funky, to the doctor nowhere with other people nowhere. He probably can no longer smell the funk. I think that's the issue with him. He can't smell it because he's always like this, and he's become.
Speaker 2: Immune to it, so it doesn't even bother him.
Speaker 1: He may not even believe you, but it is all over him, his house and everywhere he goes. That's why he can't smell it, because it's everywhere. He's not only he not only got mad when you told him about himself. I'm sure he was embarrassed too, so I don't think you have to worry about seeing him anymore. He did you a favor and he moved on, okay, with a stinky, smelly self.
Speaker 2: Tommy, what in the funk is going on? Scared me?
Speaker 4: What in the funk is going on? First and foremost, you need a new washing machine? What in the fulk is going on?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 4: The question is question is about his things, him coming to get his thing, right, Okay, I don't even know why we're trying to decide if we want to make this work or not. I think what we need to be doing. What we need to do is let him come get his things. But when he come get his things, we need to be djayling the whole time. When he walk in. You understand that we djaying shirty. So we're gonna start off as soon as he walk in. We're gonna start off like this right here, get it, keep it funking for him. You gotta keep it funking for him, You understand. With a funking cold Madanea, you got to keep it funking for as soon as he walk in, all right, keep it poking for him. Now listen when he get in the house, when he passed through. All I want you to do is mix and mix and mix and mix it and come back and hit.
Speaker 3: Him with this right here.
Speaker 2: Huh what.
Speaker 4: Put that uptown funk on it?
Speaker 2: Funky up in here, Tommy.
Speaker 3: Keep it funking for him the whole time.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 3: Now now you just now you just gave him miss bag of funky cloth.
Speaker 6: Uh huh.
Speaker 4: Right, he headed to the door. He's about to leave, but right before he leave, fly.
Speaker 3: This on him. You got to hit him with this one right here. What keep it? If he keeping it funking, you keep it funking.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, And then and then the door wide open. He walking out, he about to leave, He about to leave. The caller you got him. You gotta hit him with this right here with the funk.
Speaker 7: Come on, come on, come on with me. What with the fun all the people jam well, all.
Speaker 3: Right right there the floor.
Speaker 4: Walk it the foil, Thank you, thank you, thank you. Maybe all I want you to do is have this stuff waiting on him and just dja that funk all the way until he comes.
Speaker 3: Until he leaves.
Speaker 4: You may gate your house through your watching machine out there on the corn and lit it that the garbage man pick it up, and uh.
Speaker 3: We'll get you a new one later.
Speaker 2: My face.
Speaker 3: Yeah, get that phone about your house everywhere?
Speaker 2: All right, all right, thank you? I you coming up well.
Speaker 1: That Part two of the response to the Strawberry letter at twenty three minutes after the hour. Today's subject he doesn't wear any underwear. He doesn't wear anything under his clothes. You're listening, Steve Hardy Morning Show. And education is a transformation every day.
Speaker 6: The third Good Marshall College Fund transforms lives through scholarships and career advancement opportunities. Over a half of billion dollars has already gone back to students who needed most. We also connect companies with exceptional HBCU talent through workforce development initiatives. I am a proud HBCU graduate, and my education helped me reach my fullest potential. I'm continuing that tradition with my daughter, who will be attending in HBCU this fall. Generational excellence continues. TMCF is America's largest organization that exclusively represents the HBCU community.
Speaker 2: Join us in being.
Speaker 6: Part of the transformation. Applied, donate or partner with us. Today at TMCF dot org.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go, we're gonna recap today's strawberry letter.
Speaker 2: This is a funky one right here.
Speaker 1: He doesn't wear anything under his clothes is the subject. A woman wrote it, and her boyfriend and she have been together for three months. He lives about an hour from where she lives. She doesn't really go over his house. She doesn't like the way his house smells. He smells. She brought him some cologne. Then one day's washing machine broke. He wanted to come over to her house put his clothes in her washing machine to wash them. She noticed that he didn't wear any underwear, and she said, that's a buffer. You know, underwear is a buffer between your naked body and your clothes. So that's the buffer. She thought that would keep the funk out of his clothes. She's trying to figure out why are his clothes so funky? Wise, his house so funky white, he's so funky. Well, she thinks she figured it out because he doesn't wear any underwear or anything, and he doesn't recycle. He's just recycling dirty clothes, wearing dirty clothes. And so she told him about himself. She said he has nasty habits. He didn't like it, he left. She's doing no, this is nasty right. Uh, So she wants to know should she be nice let him pick up his clothes, or should she uh be nice and open minded and try to work through this?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Tommy and I both said no, Junior, you say.
Speaker 8: What I've heard funky so many time. I think I shall, I think I smell it. This is seet me tell you something. You know, you don't really want to believe that somebody's funking, so you try to put it off on somebody else when you walk in the house, because you you know, you walk to that house and.
Speaker 3: You fried up.
Speaker 8: You said, you know, you got some small chicken refrigerator something something something in here, don't don't don't smell right, you know, like it's something in your milk done bad, something in this house?
Speaker 5: But really, yeah, what is that?
Speaker 3: You have that?
Speaker 8: But but then you discover the watch machine ain't working and you just nailed it. Now you're asking should we work through this? Let me let me just go ahead. Uh, this is not a child. See, this is a grown person. See you work through five and under When they come to phone five age limited, This at five and under. Now when you get the six, you going to school with other people, so you you really should had this hygiene thing down. People that have washing machines were not working through If you got a washing machine, were not working through this with you. Okay, let me tell you something. Let's say the washing machine ain't working. Let's say it's broke.
Speaker 5: Let's get out of it.
Speaker 8: But there's this magical place. I'm telling you, I've been there. There's a magical place.
Speaker 2: What is this island? No no, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 5: No, it's not digital land, but it is a magical place. It's so crazy.
Speaker 2: It's called a washing phone.
Speaker 9: I have.
Speaker 5: I have dropped some clothes off to some people. Uh huh.
Speaker 8: Then they say, when you come back, we will be having ready for you.
Speaker 5: And when you get them, they folded and they clean.
Speaker 1: What.
Speaker 8: Yes, you don't have to put stuff back on from Saturday.
Speaker 5: You had to wear on basketball shirts. You take them to this.
Speaker 8: It's wonderful what they do. I'm talking about with them time same day. If you get him in there before nine, you get it back by five.
Speaker 2: That is magical, Junior, that is yes.
Speaker 8: I wonder why he's never thought of this and you've been with him for ninety days and you allowed him to.
Speaker 5: Sleep with you and the punk was there too. It's on him because.
Speaker 8: He does he has Yes, he.
Speaker 5: Has clothes that are called meal dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is a problem.
Speaker 5: No, you don't work through this. No, because how you keep your house is how you keep your life.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so right now we find out now you keep it everything funky.
Speaker 6: I'm not guess what.
Speaker 3: Guess what?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 3: You think his washing machine broke because it can't handle all that.
Speaker 9: Fun can't because he's using it just too much.
Speaker 3: The washing machine just said, I'm out.
Speaker 2: It's just too much. But he can't smell himself, that's into it. Yeah, but how fun.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying, you're not. That is when you can't smell it yourself.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you.
Speaker 4: Don't understand. Is a lady that makes him take a shower. He still smells bad and you still did it? Will you still did it?
Speaker 3: Come on?
Speaker 2: You shoul should be glad he's gone.
Speaker 3: But the phone ain't there.
Speaker 1: She got to get rid of those funky clothes, but she gave him some cologne. You know how it is when you put cologne on top of old funk?
Speaker 6: Whoa Yeah, it's a lot going on.
Speaker 8: It's a chemical reaction that's happened. It's a whole chemical reaction that happened. I don't you put you put some some gucci guilty on the phone, and it's.
Speaker 5: Not it's not guilt, no more.
Speaker 3: Guilty.
Speaker 2: This is not us. This is not it no.
Speaker 8: And that's the whole problem because that's his HIGI yes, you just funky every day, you know, like you know, it's my birthday. Let me need to try to smell up. I'm just trying to smell it a little better for my birthday.
Speaker 5: You ain't even trying to do that.
Speaker 2: But he can't smell it.
Speaker 1: It's in his house, it's in his carpet, it's everything everywhere he goes.
Speaker 9: He can't smell it anymore. You know what it meant? What it's a load down and funky. It's a load of hid and funky.
Speaker 3: Deal.
Speaker 1: Post are comments Today's Strawberry Letter and Steve Harvey FM on Instagram and Facebook, and check out the Strawberry Letter podcast on the free iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: You can download it right now.
Speaker 1: Coming up in forty six minutes after the hour, Junior is here with Sports Talk.
Speaker 2: We'll get into that right after this.
Speaker 1: Right Junior, we won't too funky for you, step funky for you.
Speaker 2: You're listening to The Steve Harvey Morning Show.