Speaker 1: Now here's a highlight from Coast to Coast AM on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: And welcome back to Coast to Coast George Nori along with Karen Dolman Back with Us, author one of her latest books, When Kats Had Wings, Paranormal researcher, licensed counselor spirit Communicated Now she's an officer and director of the Talking Board Historical Society. Was born with the gifts of clairvoyance and Claire Audience. Karen communicates with cynient beans in the Unseen Dimensions and shares the messages she receives and has been channeling while using the Ouiji board since nineteen seventy three, and she claims she's got a stounding result. Hello Karen, Merry Christmas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Hi George, Happy Holidays to you too. It's great to be back with you.
Speaker 2: We had Suzanne Wilson on a week or so ago and she just raved about you.
Speaker 3: You know, Susanna and I have used the board together. We sat before and used it a few times, and you know, she's a great channeler herself. When you use the board, you're actually just channeling. The board becomes a way to display your channeling activity. We can get more into that tonight. But yeah, Suzanne's great at what she does as well.
Speaker 2: What have you been up to these days?
Speaker 3: Oh been so busy traveling and stuff. And it's just crazy how fast this last year is gone. Has it not just flown by?
Speaker 2: Yeah? The twenty four has been a rocket ship. I don't know if he was because of after COVID or what, but this thing just took off, I think.
Speaker 3: So, you know, that's a good point. We were so locked up for a while there that, you know, we just everybody just went full speed. Everything went full speeds, fastboard, and here we are the end of the year. I can't believe it.
Speaker 2: People still talk about Wuiji boards, Karen, of.
Speaker 3: Course they do. They're very popular in pop culture now, and you'll see all different types of wija board spirit boards, whichboards coming out that emulate the movies that you'll see that are paranormal movies or just shows in particular. I mean, people like the idea of what the wigi boid represents and also how you can use it and what you can do with them.
Speaker 2: That's true. Let's talk about channeling for a little bit. In your opinion, what is channeling? First of all, give us a broad overlook.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's good to get a definition as we have our conversation today. Channeling is a way to access other information that's out there, and it could be information from sentient beings, it could be information from your higher self, it can be information from guides. But it's a way to access information that you bring forth. Of course, you can't separate the person doing the channeling from what they're channeling, meaning a lot of times we will influence the information by our own perspectives, our own views, our own lenses, if you will, that we use when we bring forth the information. But you're bringing it from out there through yourself and then expressing it in your own way. So it could be, you know, voice channeling. It could be a direct voice channeling in that sense. It could be like psyche readings or medium ship. It could be used an oisia board, It could be using a tro cards or some other kind of oracle type of reading. But we do it in many different ways. Automatic writings another one, and what a lot of people do now is they just use their keyboard or their phone and tap out messages. But it's growing divine messages from higher levels of consciousness or water perspectives of consciousness and bringing it through into this dimension and sharing it forward.
Speaker 2: How did channeling start for you, Karen, Well, the.
Speaker 3: Interesting thing about that question is I was already doing it, not knowing I was doing it. So when I was super young, I remember having this when you and I've talked about this before. What everybody else called was an imaginary playmate, and it wasn't an imaginary playmate. This theme was right there with me. And his name was Daki Vaki, and I remember I would talk to him and play with him and buck that in the age of two, three, four or five. And when I went to school, my mother said, you really need to quit talking to things that other people can't see, because you're going to be made fun of at school. So she really wanted me to have success at school, so told me to put Jackie away. And what was happening was I was receiving messages from this bean, the sentient bean, who was very kind and friendly and warm. We had fun, we play together and give me information and receiving that telepathically. He would just give me information. I'd ask questions about a lot of things about life in general. Was going on? Who were these people that were my parents. I mean, such weird questions like that a young child would be asking. But I was asking these questions and he would give me information, and when I put him away, I realized, Wow, nobody else could see him. What was this experience. So when I had an opportunity at the age of eight to use Sylgia board, that's when I realized that was one form of channeling in which I can be back in contact with beings that were in other dimensions. And so it just kind of grew from there, and then the board became a wonderful device, if you will, kind of display of my channeling abilities. When I realized I can also do this without the board, which is pretty much what I do now. I use the board still, but I will channel without the board, just a direct channel as I did as a child. So it's like, George, I've come full circle back to how I entered this world.
Speaker 2: Why do you love the board, Karen? And then somebody like me doesn't.
Speaker 3: Well you're gonna have to ask that question, George. Well you don't, but some people like the board as I do because well, there's several reasons. One the collector's items, I collect them I have an extensive collection, and so do many of my colleagues, especially all the members of the Talking Board Historical Society. All those directors have hundreds, if not thousands of boards in their collection, and we enjoyed the h three of them. It's very unique history. It's from America, came out of the eight and eighty eighteen eighty six in that era, and it's part of the rich history of just the whole idea of doing seances and spiritualism. So there's a whole, wealthy, rich history there. Plus, they're very diverse looking. Like I mentioned, you'll find different boards nowadays coming out that emulate movies or shows, stranger things, the WIA series, av the Osborne. I mean, everybody has a wig order spirit for it, so they have really neat imagery on them, so they're pretty I like them because I like them for those reasons, but I also like them because it allows me to bring through divine wisdom and consciousness from other spiritual beings that have helped me and helped my clients over the years.
Speaker 2: Do we all have the ability to channel?
Speaker 3: We do. In fact, we're all channeling all the time throughout the day. I mean, when you go into a state of we'll call it synanbilistic state or a self hypnosis kind of state. For example, you're driving your car and you may not remember when you stop at that stop sign or stop at the red light, and then when it turned green. It's almost like an auditmatic state. You're bringing forth information. You can kind of check out of your normal consciousness and allow your subconscious to check in. And that's what you do with Channel. You learn to step aside to get out of the thinking brain I call it a logical side of the brain and get more into your creative faculties of your brain where you can allow the information to come forth, but you can't critiqul or criticize it or stop the flow. You've got to be like, you know, just automatically stopping at that red light and automatically drive it, going to get again when it's green. But we we constantly are bringing forth information. Another example, probably even a better example, is when we have a great idea or an epiphany. You go, aha, a nice solved that problem, or I thought it was something new to do with my business or something. We're chilling information. Where's it coming from? Well, it could be coming from our greater higher self. It could be coming from the divine source all that is to be coming from God. It could be coming from your relatives, deceased relatives, and the other realms. But we're possibly bringing in information and that's a lighter form of channeling.
Speaker 2: We hear a lot about spirit guides, who or what are they?
Speaker 3: Well, spirit guides and those beings that want to be there to assist us. Now, they don't live our life for us, but they'll be our cheerleaders, my spirit guide always could they they consider us your cheerleaders, standing at the sidelines of your life and we're sharing you on, but we're not going to step into the game and play it for you. So if you can see the spirit guides with these beings that are also grown and evolving in their own dimensions as they reach out and work with us in our dimension, and it's a it's a relationship, so it's not one sided like they're better than us, so they know so much more other times sometimes they do, but it's the fact that they get to work with this human experience and kind of experience it through our own lives, but also assist us and share us on and help us well. You may need it.
Speaker 2: So if somebody wants to start channeling on their own, what's the best way for them to do it?
Speaker 3: Well, the best way to do it is really just to do it by yourself. And what I mean by that is it's not getting caught up in any device or because then we all have our our belief system about devices such as leisure board or trow cards or oracle decks or eaching or wherever we choose to use. Start with yourself. Get into a self hypnosis kind of meditation kind of state of being where you're relaxed. You can get a relaxed state and open up your heart and say, I would like to channel my divine wisdom. I would like to channel my greatest self. I would like to channel my higher self. Now I tend to like use the word higher self, but sometimes that's scarce people because it sounds like it's outside of them. Where I'm really saying, channel your soul self, channel that being a spark of you that exists even when you're not in body, and be in touch with that my spirit guide call that they're plugging into your higher consciousness and ask you have to have the intention set, but the key here is to be in a relaxed state. You could be you know, sitting in a chair, laying down on a bed, but be where you have your you have your own undivided attention, nobody distracting your no animals coming in and jumping on you want in pets and stuff like that, but taking your time and saying, I open myself up to this higher wisdom and see what comes through, feel what comes through, hear what comes through. And then when you do that for a few moments, right some thoughts down, write some feelings down. It's really allowing yourself to get out of your own way and allow the energy to flow through you allow yourself to tap into this greater level of consciousness, which I really feel like we're all tapped into. It's just a matter of learning to bring it forth and open up to allow it to come through. And then you're going to start getting insights. Like I mentioned earlier Epiphanes, the aha moments or thinkronistic things start to happen because as you start to channel, you start to be more in tune with who you really are. There's quite a few steps to it, but the best way is to do it with yourself in silence.
Speaker 2: What if you end up channeling something or is some entday you don't want to.
Speaker 3: Well, here's the thing if I mentioned earlier. When you channel, it's all based upon your own perceptions. It's based upon your views of the world. It's based upon your lenses in which you see the world and view yourself in relationship to that world. See, when I was a child, I didn't seem it is scary. When I was talking to sing it was just a very firmly experience. So I was very fortunate I didn't have any fripful things like that happened to me. But as I got older, I was able to say, now I can intentionally set the way I want this to go about. And I'm a positive person. You know me, you know me in real life, so I tend to bring that to my sessions and my views of myself and relationship to the world is that I'm not a pond to it. I'm actually a co creator. So you really have to shift your mindset when you channel, and then you're going to be met with that same mindset. That same type of energy you put out is the energy you track back. That's a really important thing. You ask me George, is that when you channel, you must get into the space of I'm open, I'm positive, I believe I can reach the higher self. And that's why I say keep it with your inner self, higher self, because that's the positive experience as opposed to trying to bring in other other individuals, entities, or beings that are out there. But you can attract what it is you put out there and how you view the world. Again, get yourself in that energetic state that's going to bring to you that same type of energy.
Speaker 2: When you channel. Karen, are you aware of what you're doing? I mean, are you alert?
Speaker 3: I am one hundred percent conscious channeler. So there are things I will say in my readings for people when I'm channeling directly just voice channeling, but I'll say I'm hearing this. I'm going to tell you this if they reached out to me three months later and said, you remember saying that. I don't, because I do so many readings, I don't remember everything I say. But when the moment of giving it, I'm very much conscious. What it seems like to me is I've just stept open, or how it says I've opened at the door wider where I instead of using a garden hose, I'm using like a fire truck hose. The opening, the opening to do this work is wide open. I get into a state relaxation and positivity and then allow the information to flow through. And I trust, I trust what I'm receiving because I've been doing this for such a long time, over fifty one years now and channeling off the board. Gosh, for about he could spend about fifteen years off the board. So I put a lot of work into this to fine tune my own energy so I could be met with that same type of energy came back.
Speaker 2: Edgar Casey, the great American Sleeping Profit, was a channeler too, wasn't He sure was, And.
Speaker 3: He was a channeler who was a trans medium. So he would go into it he was unconscious, he'd go into state, well, he'd relax. They called the sleeping Profits for that reason. He would go into this sleeplike state so deep with his brain waves, and he bring back information, whether it was the Kashik record and information or reading's first clients, or healing advice, medical advice for his clients. But yeah, he was somebody who went in such a deep state that he was not conscious in the consciousness of being awake.
Speaker 2: I am what does consciousness? What does consciousness mean to you? Karen?
Speaker 3: Well, because I like to keep it really simple. I mean, there's a lot of theories out there. They relate to string theory, and you can get real physical, like get into physics with it. I didn't like to keep it very simple. And how it's explained to me from my guide and how I like to explain it to my clients is that consciousness is this greater matrix of energy, of an energetic field that we're all that we're all connected with them. So it's the divine. It's the flow of the Divine flowing through all of us. And if I could tap that spark of the divine within somebody else, another being.
Speaker 4: Whether it's a animal or some kind of being with awareness, a sentient being, then I can go through that pathway of this matrix of energetic, this energetic field and tap into that.
Speaker 3: Now. See, it's really interesting. Humanity has been doing this since the birth of humanity, has been working with sentient beings and awareness and consciousness, maybe not using those terminologies, but they have the ability to talk to the ancestors, which is very much what I'm talking about. So indigenous cultures and native cultures were already doing this where they were in touch with what you may call the standing tall beans, which would be the trees or daya mother Earth, and a lot of their mythological stories, the creation stories were giving whether it's planet, stars, the earth, the sky, the animals, a sense of sentients where they could tap into them. And so that's a form of channeling through the consciousness, of reaching their consciousness. So I feel like you can do this through hitting that vibe, the vibration or frequency that were all connected to, and I like to call it the spark of the divine that's found within all of us.
Speaker 2: Tell me more about the sentient beings. What are they?
Speaker 3: Well, there's many different loves of sentient beings. You're a sentient beans, you have an awareness, you're alive, you can think, you feel. We're all sentient beings. Humans are sentient beings, Animals are sentient beings. You can even take it down the level, like I mentioned trees. There's a lot of studies now on vegetable life, trees and plants that say they have an awareness to them. You know, there was the old studies that were done on tomato plants where somebody of research were walk into the room and rip their leaves and they were attached to electrodes to be their response, and the plants would cringe when that person walk back in afraid that their leaves are fearing that their leaves were going to be ripped again. So there's been more and more work done around trees and plants that they have an awareness. They send out smells to scare away other animals, they are eating their leaves, or they help their other saplings or trees cut down or falls down, they reach their roots toward them. There's so much neat research going on in science that's showing that, you know, even trees have sentient consciousness. But I believe that sentient beings go even further than that. If you can reach it, tap into it through your intentions, they're sentient. And just because we think something's not sentient doesn't mean it's not. So we can look at wild animals, you can look at snakes, lizards, you can look at buffalo, fish, dolphins. They all have a sentience awareness. It's a matter of us learning to tap into them. And I find, as I mentioned earlier, the easiest way to do that. The direct route to do that is finding a divine spark where source flows through them, and if I can tap that, then I can reach into them and receive messages from them.
Speaker 1: Listen to more Coast to Coast am every weeknight at one am Eastern and go to Coast to coastam dot com for more