Speaker 1: Oh hi, Hello, we're really jumping into this one quickly.
Speaker 2: Welcome to ball Chat.
Speaker 1: Welcome.
Speaker 2: This is the sister podcast to Serial Killers. That's our Cereal Trying podcast, and this is our talk about whatever podcast.
Speaker 1: Cereal Trying Podcast.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, that was eloquent.
Speaker 2: There's so much to talk about, Andrew. We haven't been with you guys, and you know quite some time.
Speaker 1: A week and a half, well two weeks.
Speaker 2: Whatever it is. I mean, it's just it's been a while. You were way over there in Japan and I was Japan right here.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, this was the first vacation I've had in quite some time, so it was very fun.
Speaker 2: Tell me about Godzilla. It what huh?
Speaker 1: Godzilla?
Speaker 2: Isn't that in Japan?
Speaker 1: It was okay, it was a great trip. I went with Anthony from Carlumbraine. Anthony, Oh, I.
Speaker 2: Did see that. I wasn't sure what he was doing there. Yeah, and I guess I put two and two together or didn't.
Speaker 1: I went for the first week with my friends Bonica and Quinn. The second week was with my friend with Anthony from corlinm Maraene Anthony, and it was one of the best trips I've ever been on in my life. Oh that's good, Yeah, so much fun. I think you would have a blast in Japan. I think you would pick sure of a Denny's in Japan, Colling.
Speaker 2: I loved that. See, that's the only that's what I would love there is I would love just seeing all the different products and different things.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't care about the towers of things.
Speaker 1: And you don't like going to see the history.
Speaker 2: No, I don't need any of that. I don't need the geisha girls and none of that. I just want to see like weird products and different flavored things.
Speaker 1: I feel like if I asked you what your impression of Japan was before, you would go. I don't think we could air that episode because it would just be filled with just random things.
Speaker 2: Yeah you just think a yeah all right, yeah like big monsters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course huge. They actually do have a giant centipede problem. Oh really, I didn't see one, but I was terrified the whole time that I would see one.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 1: Didn't have cicadas too, really, See, we never got them.
Speaker 2: We were supposed to get this big influx all the brood from sixteen years ago. They're coming up from underground. It's gonna be the biggest infestation of all time. Haven't heard one?
Speaker 1: I mean for as long as you've had your kids. Have you ever experienced cicadas where you live? Yes, like an infestation worth like with the shells. I know you can hear them, but I'm saying like investation, like, yes, the little the thing hanging on the tree, it comes out of it. The dog tries to eat them all over the floor, Yes, and.
Speaker 2: Everywhere.
Speaker 1: Yes, absolutely have When was it sixteen years ago?
Speaker 2: No, it's soon. That's not true. They just come whenever. I don't understand the underground brood thing. They just come whenever they want to come. This knows scientific anything.
Speaker 1: Because cicadas also pe. They pee, Yes, they pee standing up. And so there's me too. Yeah, so it's great. So they actually had a video and of just all these cicadas just peeing off of trees and people like to use umbrellas.
Speaker 2: What.
Speaker 1: Yes, it was insane, but yes, cicadas. It was crazy. Okay, I'm telling you I was so freaked out by it.
Speaker 2: Yeah you saw them there peeing on trees.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I'm saying I saw a video once I came home that was talking about cicadas and how nasty they are.
Speaker 2: I like them. I like the noise. I think it's free. It's soothing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's nice. It makes me want to go sep I like it.
Speaker 2: You know, summer night windows open the best. It was so hot, little thunderstorm.
Speaker 1: It was so incredibly hot here two pal It was like I it got to the point where you know when you sweat, yes, but you just like stop sweating even though you're still like hot. No, Like I ran out of sweat.
Speaker 2: I think, Oh, Carl, I wonder if she wants us on the show website. These fitness influencers are raving about the new protein packed eat your mouth off cereal and we've got the scoop.
Speaker 1: Didn't we do that?
Speaker 2: That's so cute that she thinks we haven't done that. I love when people send me things that we've done months ago. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, it was really hot. I sweat a lot. I sweat, like to the point where it was like I just felt disgusting. But you know what, I still got to see everything I wanted to see. And it was a great trip and I recommend everybody to go.
Speaker 2: That's cool. Is there anything else about the trip?
Speaker 1: M not that I know of. Are you going to take a picture of the cereal that we already had?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just gonna rie, you're so cute? You're ready?
Speaker 1: Why did they get featured in this and why we did it?
Speaker 2: They were featured in it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, read the headline.
Speaker 2: Oh I see that, and there's a picture of them.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: Oh that's not nice at all.
Speaker 1: It ain't right.
Speaker 2: No, all right, so let's take a picture. Okay, you're ready.
Speaker 1: You're hearing us, take a picture, if you're watching, if you're listening, I just a picture.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna write, Oh, you're so cute. Should have been us.
Speaker 1: They'll never feature us in one of these blogs. You think they would feature an award nominated podcast, but unfortunate.
Speaker 2: Certainly should have been us.
Speaker 1: What did you do on vacation?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry? On what? On? What you mean? When the show was off?
Speaker 1: Is that what you meant? Not me?
Speaker 2: I mostly worked. I took Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, so so I took actually four days off, did a lot of beaching. Nice, went to Tobay Beach, great beautiful, beautiful beach. Rode my bike friend Tom Kelly just happened by and we took a nice bike ride. Twenty five miles. I rode on my bike, Andrew, isn't that insane? Twenty five miles? But yet I'm still two hundred pounds. I don't understand.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe you gotta go do the Tokyo diet because let me tell you something. The amount of walking and steps and sweating I did. I came home like ten pounds later.
Speaker 2: It was great, Bro, I were twenty five miles in ninety five degrees. That's Tokyo diet.
Speaker 1: Maybe you have like just bigger ball. No.
Speaker 2: I just think my metabolism has slowed down because you know, as I get older. Yeah, these things happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, Well tell you did you run with the dog?
Speaker 2: She wrote? L O L I knew I saw it before.
Speaker 1: Cool?
Speaker 2: Yes, sawyer every day mile Oh July fourth? Everything there was so much, so much happened, Andrew. I went to a baseball game in Japan. Really were the fourth of July? Was there an American team there because sometimes they do that.
Speaker 1: It was the DNA Bay Stars first, the Swallows.
Speaker 2: Oh that sounds interesting. Yeah, the bass Stars were the ones that I rooted for. What's DNA like your DNA? Now?
Speaker 1: It was like d E and A.
Speaker 2: Was that a town or something.
Speaker 1: It's I personally don't know. They were in Yokohama, which is like an hour outside of Tokyo, ok So we went there. It was so much fun. I had a hot dog. The hot dog was very interesting. Also at the baseball games, you know, they had full bento boxes with sushi.
Speaker 2: Yes, and at a Mommy.
Speaker 1: No, not sushi as much as it was like just grilled meats and people have like chopsticks and were like it was crazy. Like their ballpark food was wild.
Speaker 2: I think it's so I think food in other countries that's just normal to them. It's just so interesting.
Speaker 1: Also, everyone is super respectful and like just your trash is your trash. So there was like the seats were spotless. Afterwards.
Speaker 2: Did they have a pie there?
Speaker 1: Pie? Oh, here we go.
Speaker 2: I'll be back right after this. Move in to the country.
Speaker 1: Don't eat a lot of peaches and we're back.
Speaker 2: We did.
Speaker 1: I did actually go to a bar with Anthony and it played a bunch of like late nineties, like early two thousands, like rock music. I would love it, And that was one of the ones that played up. Yeah oh yeah, and you thought of me. I did.
Speaker 2: That's very sweet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, even though we were on two different coasts.
Speaker 2: We were very very very far away. So we went to a Fourth of July little gathering and there was some this guy does like crazy fireworks in the field across from our house, so that was kind of cool. We watched that. Then Cooper and I went home and did some illegal south of the water fireworks in my driveway. Yeah, a little disappointing, but one of them was one of the ones that shot up and I got scared because I went to the tree and I was outside all night waiting for the tree to go on fire. So it's just like it's just not and the other stuff is just a little crap, just good pop, you know, it's just no fun. Yeah, so you need like the real stuff.
Speaker 1: Fourth of July, I feel, is one of those holidays that you really I don't know, if you're not by like a lake or a beach.
Speaker 2: Lake would be nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like a lake or a beach, one of those things. It's like that type of holiday you're kind of just like here I am driveway light and that fireworks depressing.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean that's what we do in the concrete jungle.
Speaker 1: Andrew you live in the concrete jungle.
Speaker 2: Well, it's concrete.
Speaker 1: This is what you're saying. Now, Yes, this is the new thing. What do you talk about it? I mean, just that country guy living in the concrete jungle.
Speaker 2: I'm going to see so many country shows. I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: Great, what so happy for you?
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm bringing my little cowgirl Cooper with me.
Speaker 1: I'm great.
Speaker 2: She's into it.
Speaker 1: I'm sure she is.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I'm gonna see Jason Aldan, going to see Luke Combs.
Speaker 1: Okay, Luke Combs, I would see.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's gonna be a Met Life, dude, that's gonna be a massive sold out.
Speaker 1: Everything that would be fun. I would go see Luke Combs at Met Life.
Speaker 2: That's a ton of fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I saw him in Jacksonville a couple of months ago.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 2: Now I'm seeing the continuation of the tour here in New Jersey. And you know what the cool thing is the Cooper already has the tour shirt from when we was in Jacksonville. So now she's gonna be wearing it here and it's going to have the show day on here. It came from a different venue. That's kind of cool because you won't have to buy extra merch. No, She's like, oh no, Dad, I need a sweat shirt this time.
Speaker 1: Oh man, no, well you better save up eighty bucks. Eighty bucks to get it.
Speaker 2: I cannot believe the price of concert merch.
Speaker 1: I have a problem when it comes to concert merch. I go missing because I usually have like a couple drinks or something, and then like in the middle of the concert, like I just literally like put my head down and like I must get merch for everyone. Amazing, And so then I buy.
Speaker 2: A ton of merch and come back and it's expensive. Yeah, it's insite, said, I have a problem.
Speaker 1: Everyone appreciates it afterwards because you're like, oh, we didn't want to wait in the lines, and then we have a shirt.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, you do dude, a concert He's like forty or fifty bucks.
Speaker 1: Tell you, I have a problem. When I go see Casey Muskers at Prudential, I'm going with a group of like ten eleven people. I already said, do not let me leave because it's not gonna be good. I can't spend that much on everybody, and the.
Speaker 2: Lines to spend that much money is insane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you really, Well. I went to an interesting concert. When I was in Kentucky. It was into the Billy Strings one. It was a four hour concert. He did like and there was an intermission. I don't remember ever going to a concert within Oh Stevie Wonder and that man is probably still performing at Prudential because that was the longest concer I have ever been to in my entire life.
Speaker 2: Well that separately, Well, yeah, I guess it is because when we saw Morgan Wallen, it was like the opener, then an hour, then another guy, then an hour, then another guy, then forty five minutes and then a Morgan Wallan came out. That's a that's long.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a long shell. I mean, you get a lot for your money, but.
Speaker 2: I guess especially when you don't pay for the tickets. I'm also so I got to show you what our friends at Hilton Garden in sent Us.
Speaker 1: Oooh it's they.
Speaker 2: Have this new drink that their future I love apparol. Yeah, yeah, look at this cool trendy box.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 2: Isn't that cool? We can make drinks, Andrew, I would love to.
Speaker 1: Make a drink.
Speaker 2: What is aparaol?
Speaker 1: Apparal is like, is it like a bitter Yeah? Oh, it's Okay, it's delicious. I love it. My dad used to always make a apparol with like orange.
Speaker 2: I just want to drink this blood orange syrup. Can I just drink this?
Speaker 1: I would not why it's so tart.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'll put it in some of the Farmland Fresh Dairy's milk and have blood orange milk or not.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, afro al is delicious. I can make you a sprits.
Speaker 2: Please do this prosecco and everything.
Speaker 1: Do you want me to make you a sprits and out?
Speaker 2: I mean not right now because we don't have ice or anything.
Speaker 1: Okay, on the next show, we'll do it.
Speaker 2: Yea.
Speaker 1: On the next bowl chat, let's have like just drinks and chat.
Speaker 2: We can drink alcohol at work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, he cares here.
Speaker 2: Well, anyway, this is now available your local Hilton Gardener.
Speaker 1: I will say these. I don't like these has.
Speaker 2: Like because I try to eat them and they're not that great exactly. I want to eat my garnet.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Hilton Garden and for sending us this. I'll be making these the next show.
Speaker 2: Appreciate that.
Speaker 1: I don't know how they'll turn it out, and I apologize from now.
Speaker 2: But the good thing is that they have. Where do we have the tiny little ice?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Because the ice cubes that are in the kitchen are not great. I want the tiny like rock ice. Yeah, the little there's a machine that makes those little awesome ones like what they have in what restaurant that has the great ice? Wowa wah wah. I don't know. The sonic the sonic one, sonic ice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was great.
Speaker 2: I could have said anything when you've been yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: But then when you said sonic it clicked. Could we have a disgusting dinner party again soon?
Speaker 2: Yeah? We can.
Speaker 1: I don't know what I would want on my discussing dinner party.
Speaker 2: Let's plan it again for Thanksgiving time so that we can start like getting stuff. We can start planning now.
Speaker 1: Okay, if you tell us some stuff in the well, I guess that means we have to upload something to Instagram. I'll upload a screen grab of this, and you tell us what food you want us to have at our discussing dinner party this year. Because that was a really fun episode. It's gonna be four months from now, so let's start playing some early recommendations. All right, Something tells me the foods could stay packaged for that long.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but no, you and I need to make things though. Also like last time, remember I made when I make the ambrosia that.
Speaker 1: Was we both did.
Speaker 2: They were delicious.
Speaker 1: I'm sure I loved your eye.
Speaker 2: It sounds gross, but did cool whip and cherries and jello and and mandarin oranges. Hello, delicious.
Speaker 1: You know what I would want to make this time?
Speaker 2: Is that? Louke Pelman.
Speaker 1: No, oh my god, what you're terrible?
Speaker 2: Well, thank you so much for listening to bol chat. We have to we have a meeting we have to go to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, next week, we promised to deliver you a nice, longer episode. I'll be making appearl Spritz is that I can't promise will be good.
Speaker 2: You have to be good. Ice yes, will you stop it sonic and get a cup of ice?
Speaker 1: I won't and put it. I'll crush up the ice small enough that you'll feel like it's the small pebble ice.
Speaker 2: Okay, pebbles. I love pebbles.
Speaker 1: I know you do. My favorite cereal and Bam bam yes, and uh Dino yes more and Velma.
Speaker 2: No no Velma, no Velma, Scooby doo Man.
Speaker 1: Uh Wilma, Wilma Betty, Betty, give me one more character is so happy? No? Probably what Fred?
Speaker 2: There probably was some like animal named Rocky Gazoo, the Great Kazoo, great dumb dumb, dumb dumb. We gotta get out of here. We have some big important meeting that we have to cut this podcast short for Sorry guys, Yeah, sorry, Well, we love you and thank you for listening. You can check out Yeah so I'm next week you could thank you.
Speaker 1: Your hands are freezing. I know this office is so cold. This studio is not back by my desk, it's freezing.
Speaker 2: I know I was told this studio was freezing cold, and I'm not to let it be this.
Speaker 1: Called Okay anyway, thank you for listening to bowl Chat. Next week is going to be a longer episode. We appreciate you putting up with us. I hope you all had a wonderful fourth of July.
Speaker 2: Follow us at serial Killers PC on Instagram, check out serial killerspc dot com. That's on the web. Yea world's wide with and you can check out all the cereals that we've reviewed, well over one thousand at this point, and check out our serial Killers podcast, new episodes every Monday. Yeah, So thanks, so much for listening. Until we see you next time. Say clink Andrew Colleen Ooh jes lueeze. Why did you say geez Louise just because at rhymes? Or was this someone like I don't know, I mean Louise Jefferson.
Speaker 1: Oh his name was geez Louise.
Speaker 2: What.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the famous G's Louise.
Speaker 2: Jesus, No geez Louise.
Speaker 1: He's a famous guy, like a historian.
Speaker 2: I bet there's some chee shop out there called Cheese LOUI there.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent is there? Also is no Jice Louise.
Speaker 2: Goodbye,