Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Pros MLB. This is Leading Off Live, brought to you by Bet three six five Bet five bucks. Get one hundred and FIFTYM bonus bets when you do only when you use the promo code at Leading Off. It is me Joey p that's the Welsh, and it's you the Peanuts, the Cracker Jacks. We got a trade. At the top of the show. We got another Yankee starter performance to talk about Welsh, just saying and of course we're moving up prospecting at the Welsh because tomorrow, well, tomorrow's Independence Day and we're gonna be independent of everything. We're taking a day off. We're gonna sit by our respective pools or whatever the hell. Welsh you got like a swimming hole out there by you? What do you got nothing?
Speaker 2: No, we have.
Speaker 3: We have a hose and we can pour some water that stays around for about twenty seconds before it evaporates into the sun.
Speaker 2: That's what we've got.
Speaker 1: That's what Arizona is. Go to Donnie's house. He's got a pool. He's five minutes.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say tomorrow's gonna be resting with the Welsh, but it won't be because as it is a birthday with the family, so I will be trucking everybody around at all.
Speaker 1: The birthdays to celebrate, including the birthday of our great nation America. There you go, but Wels, let's dive into it here. Let's go at the top of things. Brewers acquired Aaron Savali, which is a great move. I feel like we just talked about this yesterday, did we not that the Brewers needed to make a move in this rotation. I still think Dill Hall is a possibility at some point sooner than later. However, it would kind of make sense to me to let him build up arm strength, more get him after the All Star break, let him keep pitching through these next two weeks. But Savally, somebody much needed. The Brewers are at the top of this central division. It makes a ton of sense. How does this impact his fantasy value? In your opinion, I.
Speaker 3: Think this is well, that's an interesting question. If he starts living up to some of the underlying things. It's a little bit, but everything kind of fell apart. I mean one thing, it's like an overarching statement. If you can't work with the rays, then maybe you've got a bigger problem. And maybe we're giving too much clout to like their overall development. But the idea was like, oh, they're gonna get Savalli in and you know he's they're gonna start making these changes and it's you know, hey, they're gonna add this here and this is gonna work there. And he ended up going a little bit more sinker this year over curveball. They didn't really make any of those big adjustments like you know, up ticked splitter or cutter or.
Speaker 2: Anything like that.
Speaker 3: All of it, to say, is kind of mediocre. He's got a five RA, didn't get a lot of wins. He does have almost a full run lower expected ERA than actual ERA. But strikeouts were down, walks were up, expected batting average against was up. So what this is is, this is like a guy that has underperformed a tiny bit and maybe an environment that I don't think is like offensively or defensively that much better for him. But this is going to be a team that is going to be putting up, hopefully a lot of runs. He's going to get into some win opportunities.
Speaker 2: I think this is immediate.
Speaker 3: This this is good for real baseball. This is good for real brewers. A guy that can eat innings. That's what Savally can do. But is this gonna be great for his fantasy value? Probably not. He's going to be a borderline streaming streaming type of picture. But this needed to happen. They didn't trade any there was like really nothing involved Gregory Burrios, but it was a money situation. The Races unloaded all that money and the Brewers took it on. We'll talk about it a little bit later, like how this impacts the Rays rotation.
Speaker 2: But Savale is.
Speaker 3: Going to be in the hunt at least the rest of the year. Maybe a few more wins, maybe some run support, and maybe a downtick tiny bit on his era. But I don't expect this is going to be Brewers aren't like this big changing organization for pitchers and whatnot. So it's a lateral move and you're probably streaming him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that works for me. Let's talk about the unfortunate injury news. Royce Lewis. Here we go again. Royce Lewis came out yesterday. We removed from Tuesday's game with left groin tightness. He's gonna have an MRI today. Postgame press conference was pretty clear he feels like this is gonna be another eye el stint for him. This is this is brutal. I mean, what is in the water in Minnesota? Him, Buxton, all these guys, I mean A Kilov was another guy who seemed like he was always hurt.
Speaker 2: Isn't it fracking? Isn't that a big I don't know, but it's fracking.
Speaker 1: Annoying is what it is.
Speaker 2: If it didn't I know, you.
Speaker 3: Know what the Battlestar Galactica, what I know we are. We're in a fracking situation here for sure. I will say this.
Speaker 2: He was.
Speaker 3: He was toying around a little bit, and in his statement at the end where he was like, you know, I don't feel good about this was kind of more because it always ends bad for him. I don't think it was necessarily relative to how he felt. More that like last time out of massive caution, they put him on the eye L. So that's where he didn't feel optimistic. But yeah, one hundred percent Royce, because he's made of glass.
Speaker 2: He's Samuel L. Jackson in Uh, I guess split?
Speaker 1: It was?
Speaker 2: The second movie was.
Speaker 3: I'm Forgetting The Name is m Night Shamalan with Bruce.
Speaker 2: Willis it's a great movie.
Speaker 1: Well it was.
Speaker 2: Then he returned.
Speaker 3: Now the return wasn't as good when they did the three guys in the Villain movie. But now I'm forgetting. It's like shattered or whatever it was. I can't remember that. That is Roy slew is modern day Derek Rose. He's become incredible talent. I do expect the twins should absolutely baby this situation. Unbreakable, Unbreakable, thank you everybody.
Speaker 2: That's a great movie.
Speaker 3: Unbreakable was like phenomenal, and then they did not I love it phenomenal.
Speaker 2: I love unbreaking No.
Speaker 1: I was for something that happened, and nothing happened.
Speaker 2: Well, no water scary, that's what happened.
Speaker 3: And then later they threw the surprise on us of the other movie, and then they had the like trio villain movie.
Speaker 2: I thought it was fun.
Speaker 1: Was the biggest surprise? You Shyamalan hasn't done a great movie since sixth sense. I think that's the big that's the plot twist.
Speaker 2: Here's no one coming out though that looks they all.
Speaker 1: Look interesting, and then you then you all do the same thing.
Speaker 3: It's like, oh, you know, I want to watch that Watchers one that's out okay, but all that aside will lead into where I think the replacement is. I do expect the Twins this guy what they did before is it. We're gonna talk about that, and we're gonna talk about brooks Ley here in just a tiny bit.
Speaker 2: And I said it last night.
Speaker 1: Yeah at brooks Lee and the Savali trade, opening a spot for Shane Boss prospecting of the Welsh boys and girls. It's gonna be very hot today. It's gonna be a lot to talk about me, the Royce Lewis thing, understanding my two cents in here. Depressing, That's that's the only word to have because when you see these guys that can be one of he is one of the best players in the American League. Like he is. He's not just the best player in the Twins. He's one of the best players in the American League. He's MVP quality contender kind of talent. But is this the ultimate by low time in dynasty leagues on him? After this, like, is this another one we're roll their rise and go and throw their hands up and just complete frustration.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's the ultimate time, No, because I think like that run that he had completely changed the perception of his value. So like a team that's out of it, you should be buying him as a top twenty five, and a team that's selling can still do that. But to your point, it's only a matter of time before Royce is I mean, we're all like, oh, yeah, it gets hurt, this kind of stinks, blah blah blah. But he's two years away from everybody just pissoy talking about him like he's Mike Trout, you know, like where it's like he'll never live up to it and blah blah blah blah, Like he's got to have a healthy season. He has not had that. So we know the talent's there, but he's too young that we're not going to like cross cancel all that stuff, but be on the lookout for the news. We still haven't gotten it. He might who knows, maybe they'll just throw him back out there. I would think out of caution they would do it. And then, like I said, with Brooksley, we'll also talk about some of the blocks that could be out there. But one of the most frustrating players this year because of the massive This is like the Nick Cage movie, the massive talent God. I can't remember anything now. I just watched that stupid movie I bother. Nick Cage is in everything.
Speaker 1: There's a that's the one with uh? Is that the one with Pedro Pascal?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's got like some long name and I just watched it and it was phenomenal in Nick Cage. But Nick Cage is that he's in every movie. He's got a new movie coming out like next weekend, long Legs, some horror movie.
Speaker 1: So he's able weight of massive talent.
Speaker 3: That's Roy s Lewis the unbearable weight of massive talent that then ends up getting his legs hurt.
Speaker 1: You need a day off, my friend, that's what you need.
Speaker 2: I just can't again. This is a constant issue. I have off.
Speaker 1: I have a great movie Connor Face Off. They're both on TNT and TBS at the same time, which will be easy.
Speaker 3: This is the easiest answer, by the way, Connor, it is Conne every single time.
Speaker 1: I like both of them a lot, but I think it's Conna for me too. But it was a summer where they came out at the same time. People forget about that.
Speaker 3: There's too much info going in and it's it's convoluting. Some of the little tiny things on it.
Speaker 1: Well, let's let's let's extract some info about Louis Heel. Four runs, two hits for inning now plus one seventy two on the money line for the Reds. Let's go. I talked about it yesterday on the show. It was a good I have THIRTYI just because of that bad hitting yesterday. Like that's it, Like it was just awesome. But here we go. This is now three in a row, sixteen earned runs at his last nine to two thirds innings. Welsh. What more is there to say about Heel at this point except something's gonna change here, and it's going to change soon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I'm I'm ready to relent the Heel stuff. I can't do it much more. I've made my case to where I think he will be for the future. But it is he's stacking starts. I watched the start, of course I did.
Speaker 2: Didn't bet on it, but I felt tempted to.
Speaker 3: But I watched this start and he was very efficient early on, you know, first time through the order. He was throwing strikes, he got some strikeouts, he got.
Speaker 2: Out of some mess. I mean, he made.
Speaker 3: Ellie look silly. He did his stuff and then he just faltered again. He had a bad walk and then he puts something right down the middle. I mean, good Lord didn't give up like two homers in this one. One of the home it was just dead red middle fastball. He's losing his command later and starts and that's a big, big worry. This start fastball, change up slider in it. There was no Vlo dips if you were concerned. But the whiffs were low, no whiffs on the fastball, and he had a sixty two percent zone rate. That's a little too much. He did have his slider going with a fifty percent whiff rate, but he only threw a twenty two percent of the time, So you know, like I think there's still elite stuff in there. He pumped the fastball. He can make these guys look silly, but he can't stay consistent into the next innings.
Speaker 2: And that might truly truly be the ware that he's.
Speaker 3: Feeling right now. So I don't know what you do. Do you give him the blow, do you give him two and a half three weeks off with the All Star Game?
Speaker 2: Do you put him to the bullpen?
Speaker 3: When I watch him through the first three innings, I still look at a picture that I'm like, you just can't shut this completely down. But he fell apart on the back event. I will say, though, and shout out to Scott White for saying this too, that like you would think he gave up fourteen runs and walked thirty six. By how the discourse online was about him. He gave up three earned runs and he went four innings. He just he didn't have a lot of strikeouts. He ended up only having three and he got hit far as.
Speaker 1: I mean, the league adjustice to you after a while too, I mean, let's be honest.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I think there's league adjustment. I actually think this is still more about him the.
Speaker 1: Hitch location that I do agree with, but the league adjustment is also in there too, where it's like, hey, if you you know, if he likes to approach this way, let him do that and then work the counts this like look.
Speaker 2: No, that's totally true.
Speaker 3: Like you're not going to eat that slider anymore, and they're gonna sit on it now.
Speaker 1: I know what you are and look great pictures adjust back and some never do. And same thing with hitters too. I mean, I remember Jason Hayward, I remember he came up like Gangbusters. Eric Cosmer. Guy came up with Gangbusters. The league adjustice to them. They ever adjusted back.
Speaker 2: You know what he's gonna do.
Speaker 3: Just gonna call it right now. The next year, just watch, it's gonna throw a splinker. This is a guy they're gonna add a splinker. He's gonna be a splinker, dude. He's changed up slider fastball. Even if he throws at ten percent of the time, that type of with a big you know, splinker is just like a big power sinker.
Speaker 2: You know it's split.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'll have an arm surgery for year. It's gonna be great. I can't wait for that. Your not Alvarez, another home run two days in a row. I apologize again. Well, you know I dragged you into my home run call. If you just stuck with Alvaz the last two days, you might be on the board. I'm the worst friend, am.
Speaker 2: I Just if some butts, candies and nuts, we'd all have them. Marry Chris.
Speaker 1: Julio Rodriguez hit seventh. Look, I've made a lot of excuses for Julio two forty seven, ninety seven, three twenty seven. The excuses are done. Hitting zero sixty nine over his last seven games. I still love the player, and this brought me back. We're gonna story time with Uncle Joe here. Do you remember when JD. Martinez came up with the Astros, and that was when the Astros were completely defunct and had nobody around him. Remember that it was like JD. Martinez, Jadie Martinez was a big prospect that people were very excited about it. People forget a little bit about like Jadie Martinez. Hype was real, and Jadie Martinez floundered for two years with the Astros because he had zero lineup protection around him. He gets dropped into Detroit. If you recall with Miguel Cabrera and Victor Martinez and Jadie Martinez blossoms into this thirty five home run guy. And it's not rocket science. I don't care how good a young player is, if you put.
Speaker 2: Him in a situation, it's science if you put.
Speaker 1: Him in a situation with no line of protection unless you are Mike Trout. Even Trout, you know at times, you know he Mike Trout had pooholes, like he didn't have anybody. You know, it was tail end pools. But it's still somebody there's nobody for Julio here, and I don't know who has to be shaken upside down in the Mariners organization to realize that they got to get this guy some help. Well, I mean it is frustrating.
Speaker 3: Man, I do and do enjoy your story time. To add to what you're talking about, there's a heavy room. I don't remember if we talked about it on this show. I know he did it TL, but there's a heavy rumor that the Mariners and the Cubs have been intox with Nico Horner because the Cubs are they're floundering, they're bottom of the division there, almost bottom of the attire.
Speaker 2: You need no I agree, but.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no. But here's one thing though with Nico. Nico is a that's the start. If it was only Nico, it's not what it's gonna do. But Nico's the guy that top of the order. He gets on base, which none of these other guys are doing, doesn't strike out, which all those other guys are doing. He can steal bases at a high clip, and he can score runs.
Speaker 2: He is the perfect guy to put at the top of the lineup.
Speaker 3: But back to what you said, if you only go get Nico Horner and then you were getting like Adam Davoll, which I know they're not. That's not gonna work. They they've got to make those two trade. You got to go and get Nico, which is going to cost a little bit, and then you would need to go get a Luise Robert, which, by the way, did you see the Luis Robert no throw? I mean, have you ever seen a guy that doesn't want to be where he's at or just doesn't care?
Speaker 2: Like I don't blame you, guys all saw it.
Speaker 1: It was I I want to be somewhere else, by the way, the chat, but I talking about Nicholas Cage movies. They're talking about The Weatherman, The family Man, The Rock is overrated, by the way, Michael.
Speaker 2: But it's a great nineties movie. Though, no, no, it's a.
Speaker 1: Great nineties soft and con a great nineties movies, but nothing will the ultimate Nick Cage performance, which is Raising Arizona one of the all time weird movies. That's just freaking awesome.
Speaker 3: Like, but he he's had some really really good ones. The Mandy is a great watch that.
Speaker 1: Series on Netflix. When he was just talking about curse words, that was that was pretty entertaining. There is the whole thing where it's like the origin of the word frack or other words.
Speaker 2: It was this like the Aristocrats.
Speaker 1: No, it was literally like a half hour sit down with Nick Cage in a big wing back chair in front of a fireplace, talking about the origin of curse words, and it was kind of entertain highly.
Speaker 3: I'm in the One thing I want to say that this great viral campaign the new movie called Long Legs. It's this horror movie that Nick Cage is a part of, and there's been all this viral like, oh, it's the scariest movie ever, and the trailer dropped yesterday and if you listen to it, it's all scary, scary. And then halfway through it's like a voiceover of Nick Cage is a scary guy, and he's.
Speaker 2: Like you bra miss.
Speaker 3: I laughed out loud, not being able to take it serious because it's not Nick Cage in a performance.
Speaker 2: It's Nick Cage is a scary guy.
Speaker 3: Go listen to the trailer. You're gonna laugh the jail.
Speaker 1: Nick Cage is just playing Nick Cage. And that's fine. Like some guys just do that. Not everybody is a transformational actor. Not everybody's Tom Hardy, you know, like not everybody is you know, uh, just Nick and everything that people were just not transformational actors. Let's have some fun. Bobby Miller was okay, okay, two runs for It's my It's better fun against the Diamondbacks. Breton Doyle three straight days with home runs, Austin Riley another ding or two. He's been hot, and the Marlins look like they're gonna be designated Tim Anderson for assignment.
Speaker 2: But now it already happened.
Speaker 1: I don't think actually happened yet. They were talking about it happening. Did officially happened already? Ye, the world will never know. I was mad that Craig Misch didn't break that news. I mean, I think he did well.
Speaker 3: He actually he made on you know, I think it was like foul territory in other places. He made all the screenshots because he did reference that Tim Anderson was no issue in the locker room, which I think a lot of people speculated. They said he was actually just fantastic, couldn't have been a better teammate.
Speaker 1: The issues were just on the field. He just moved on good at baseball. So what does that mean when players get designated for assignment or get traded. It means when someone gets hurt, all these opportunities open things up for prospects, and it's time for prospect and with the Welsh, that's right, the wels Shana are going to take a look at some young man down on the farm be able to help your fantasy team here for rest a season. Welsh, what do you have for the people?
Speaker 3: Well, I'm not gonna actually talk about, but Xavier Edwards is probably gonna be the guy that's going to get more run but.
Speaker 1: Not you said you talk about I'm not gonna talk about I'm not gonna talk about it, but let me tell you guys about five minutes about why Xavier Edwards is not a guy.
Speaker 3: All right, So there are two guys that are like directly in our face, and brooks Lee is number one.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 3: I put this tweet out yesterday and a couple of people brought up some good points. Here's one roadblock to a brooks Lee going up with the Minnesota Twins as some type of replacement. If Royce Lewis were to go down roadblock number one forty man roster. He's not on the forty man roster. That definitely throws a wrench into it.
Speaker 2: In that same vein.
Speaker 3: Number two would be like a guy like Edward Julian is available and middle infielders, there's really not They're not short on any type of middle or you know, even third base type of infielder. But the positive I believe it's Dan Hayes who covers the Twins.
Speaker 2: He had a tweet out saying.
Speaker 3: Brooks Lee would be the guy, like they were watching if Brooksley was going to be pulled for the game, and he's saying like they're not going to go to Edward Julian, most likely Brooksley would be the player. So I said, go and check how and what type of availability brooks Lee is in your league right now, because as we await this news, he this could be the guy hitting three fifty On the year, Brooksley is with seven homers and eight doubles in under one hundred and fifty eight bats. He's hitting three point thirty three in June, had just twelve strikeouts and a perspective here, five doubles, six homers in the month of June, so he had one extra base less in the month than his total strikeouts. Now, the last little thing that could potentially hold a player back. I don't think it would is he made the Futures Game roster.
Speaker 2: So you could.
Speaker 3: Argue a team if they really we know, oh, we don't want to take this away from a guy. I just don't think that, especially for Brooksley's case, it's going to matter. So if Royce Lewis goes on the IL, they could go to Edward Julian. I belie they will go to brooks Lee and they'll they'll nix that Future's Game appearance because he's been kind of imminent for quite a while. So I am tentatively picking him up. Number two, I'm actually gonna jump since we already talked about him to the pitcher. It's Shane Boz and this one. I think we're toying around with this almost being official, but with Aaron Savale back the move.
Speaker 2: As it was reported.
Speaker 3: I think Mark Tokin mentioned that this was also due to Jeffrey Springs coming back soon and Shane Boz, who's been really good and there's rumors that Boz could even be starting here coming up on Thursday against the World oversheader.
Speaker 1: I think I saw something to that effect, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And that would make sense that he would be back, but he's got a really good opportunity to stay around. Over his last ten ten starts so far this year, he's got a four ERA, which is not like the best. But in June we saw four more starts with six or more strikeouts, but four of his five starts multiple walks. The consistency has been his problem, but his fastballs looking great. In his uh it's been touching ninety eight, sitting ninety six. That's what it did in his last start, where in his last start he also struck out seven. He went heavy fastball slider, but he's also throwing that curve double digit percentage of the time and kind of not doing anything with the change up. He had forty two swings on pitches only induced twelve whiffs. Ten came from the fastball slider. Combo I mentioned that because if he's not fooling hitters and not sticking around the zone, guys are swinging out a lot of his stuff, and they're also just not whiffing. He's found they're falling off a lot of stuff. So his effectiveness is going to be interesting. But he's a total streamer pitcher, and.
Speaker 2: I feel like you and I have talked about him, Joe and if he.
Speaker 3: Were available, are you do you view him as a streamer or is a hold if he's called up?
Speaker 1: Uh wait, a streamer or a hold?
Speaker 3: That's what you're saying, like, like, are you looking at like you're gonna burn and churn a guy like Shane Bosm.
Speaker 2: He comes up in the hold.
Speaker 1: A hole because of the Savali trade, and I want to I'm looking at the rest of the month and saying, Okay, you know, when does springs really come back? And are there setbacks along the way? You know that stuff is still there. There's no variables on the positive side from me with Baso, I'd be a hold more than a stream with him, also because he doesn't have a pedigree. And if anything else, if you're still you know, able to make trades in your league depending on when you know those get shut down. He if he has a couple of good starts, I might look to churn him to another team and then bring back something that I feel better about, maybe like solidified rotation spot, maybe a team a little bit more offense down the stretch that I could see myself doing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I'm kind of like leaning in I don't feel as optimistic as I think as a lot of people do about There's been like some walk issues. This stuff is there. I just don't know if it's gonna hold and be consistent. But he is coming. So two players that are on the verge, and I know we've talked to we talked about what we talked about all these guys at this point in the season, but Kobe Mayo, And for the last time, I'm going to present this for the year because I don't think I'll do it again. Hashtag free Kobe Mayo. Yes, we are gonna put Mayo on all our baseball sandwiches. This year, over two hundred and thirty ish bats, Mayo has had hitting three.
Speaker 2: Twenty one with twenty one homers.
Speaker 3: He just hit three ninety five in June and had only two games where he did not.
Speaker 2: Register a hit. Ridiculous.
Speaker 3: He currently has hits in ten of his last twelve games, including five during that span. So the question is how is it going to work? There was actually some and I think you said on the show yesterday, some implication out there from the Orioles that he is really close. So how it works is they are going to have to get rid of one of vermon Aias or Jorge Matteo, I think easily done by the way Arias is hitting two seventeen, Mateo's hitting like two thirty.
Speaker 2: At this point, it's more.
Speaker 3: Defensively, and they do have an issue with having too many rookies on the roster, but you get rid of one of those guys, then what you can do is you can move Westburg over to be the full time second baseman, which he has done and I think that was even more of a college primary position, and then you have one of those guys serve as the primary. Kobe Mayo's bat it's elite, It's a lead of elite, and as we had mentioned, you know of who is worth stashing.
Speaker 2: I love talking about brooks Lee.
Speaker 3: He's fun. I like talking about Shane Boz. Kobe Mayo is the one that no matter what you're doing this here, he's not getting traded. He's going to be in that lineup. You hold one that comes up a lot, and I think we are on the verge. Here is Davis and Dala Santos with the Diamondbacks.
Speaker 2: I know I mentioned him.
Speaker 3: Before, an absurd three forty four average on the year with a minor league like, yeah, kids, minor league leading twenty six home runs more, nobody has more homers. He's already gotten over the one hundred hit mark and he just hit three twenty seven with ten homers in June. So I put it as we're at the point there's not much more to say about him and what his profile has been. But you got to look at the Diamondbacks. Alec Thomas just got back. They sent down Blaze Alexander and that was a big key for a.
Speaker 2: Lot of people.
Speaker 3: Would Blazer Yohanio, you know, would they deal with that and get rid of Yohino?
Speaker 2: They didn't.
Speaker 3: Blazer struggled defensively, Johannio struggled offensively. They're disasters. They're gonna make.
Speaker 2: A move quickly. So important.
Speaker 3: Davison de la Santos has been a primary first baseman on the year, but seventy innings in Triple A he's played third base one error. So to me, it would not be a surprise if his futures game is cut short like I'm talking about with brooks Lee, or if when he leaves the All Star Game he does not head back to Reno and he goes straight to the Diamondbacks, so yes, I'd be picking him up. And then the last is a big speculation marker here for you. Shay Whitcomb with the Houston Astros hitting three ten, eighteen homers, twenty stolen bases so far this year, coming off of a massive June where he hit three forty seven, had nine homers and thirteen stolen bases. His profile keeps improving. He cut his k percentage down from thirty one to twenty one percent this year like Mark Viento's and he's walking a career high eleven point six percent. And most interesting is that he's been a middle infielder, sec, second baseman, shortstop, but recently he's been playing in the outfield and that's where they've got some more spots. So I think he's a guy that could come up play outfield and serve as a super util on the infield and maybe just play regular time. So Shae Whitcomb, just be on the lookout for him. If he does get a call, he might be someone worth picking up. But the rest are the big prospects that we are paying attention to.
Speaker 1: There you go, everybody that's prospecting with the Welsh go to fansbords dot com to get more out of your prospects and check out all Welsh's amazing work over there. Welsh a little three up and three down to ask Hernandez three for five the double and three RBI Showyotani another homer up to twenty seven on the year.
Speaker 2: Did you see that thing?
Speaker 1: He is red hot? Man. The guy just can't be stopped. He's unbelievable. It's so fun that we get to live in this time to watch Shohal Tani play baseball like it is awesome. It's the same thing that happened too. It is the thing, like my biggest anger or disappointment, whatever it might be, is that I'm an old fart on the East Coast and I wish I could say more to watch this guy play more. And I don't get to do that because I'm going to bed at eleven o'clock and these games are like in the third inning by then, I'm not gonna do that. Stay up, Stay up.
Speaker 3: He is Wow that the way he turned inside on it and exploded on the ball and hit it a good I think it was like one thirteen.
Speaker 2: Off the bat.
Speaker 1: It's just crazy.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, we don't need to say anything about Ittani. It's just it's an awe moment, which he does a lot.
Speaker 1: Of race and Rodriguez had an aw moment, racking up eight k's and six at a third. Yesterday, three down Mitch Keller six runs, five earned, nine hits, not good. Spencer Raghetti had a big strikeout performance and then gave up six earned runs. Dylan ceased, not good eight hits, six earn runs three and two thirds. It's funny I almost bet against Cease yesterday too, because if you look at his home road splitz not very good or I should say drastic, and yesterday there was an opportunity I wish I talked about on the show, but I'll live another.
Speaker 3: He kept me from sweeping the betting day too. Is that Padre's game in that game kept me out?
Speaker 1: Yeah. He It's funny because I was staying away from him yesterday because of the splitz and I was like, eh, good because your eye goes immediately, Oh yeah, Dylan ceased, and then you look a little deeper doing Seatson if I want to do that. Injuries, Clayton Kershaw with the shoulder issue, He's gonna throw a bullpen session today. We'll see how that goes. Brian Wu with the hamstring twenty pitch session over the weekend, so we'll see if he has any issues after that or ramps up to another one. Jiosh Young apparently was working his way back we remember from the surgically repaired right wrist, still dealing with soreness. I don't know if we're gonna see him this year. Well, I don't know, maybe August. I don't know. Dean Kremer is gonna start on Wednesday today against the Mariners. Josiah Gray, who were talking about we were excited he was coming back. Right elbow apparently not doing well, having some discomfort there. Hopefully it's not a big deal, but again we'll hold our breath. The Diamondbacks placed Jordan Montgomery on the fifteen day il Jade Martinez did not play yesterday because it's some ankle soreness. Robbie Ray another rehab start on Thursday, so keep an eye on that track for him. Javeyre Bias, everybody minor league rehabs start started yesterday. I know, get excited more, Javi or Bias. A lot of notes on the Tigers. Casey Mize going to the io with the hamsterring and Jack Flaherty Again that back issue continues to go on. He is not going to start today, so lots of negativity there. Unfortunately for the Tigers.
Speaker 3: I think they're also being very careful because he's a trade candidate.
Speaker 1: He is should be.
Speaker 3: Jack Clarity is an absolute trade candidate, so make sure he's right before you get him back out in a start and then you pull the trigger on a.
Speaker 1: Move yesterday went against the Yankees with a big plus money on the other side. What do the bets have in store for us today? Let's find out because it's time for the best bets of the with Joey p and the Welsh. Make sure you place your bets at bet three sixty five Bet five bucks, get one hundred and fiftyen bonus bets when use the promo code leading off at bet three sixty five. Got a gambling problem called one hundred gambler or one of your bets off in Iowa terms. End conditions apply, all right, Welsh, I'm gonna keep it simple today, going with the Dodgers on the run line one and a half is the number plus one oh five versus Arizona. Gavin Stone on the mountd He's been very solid. Shoey Otani over on the one and a half total basis as minus one twenty five if you want to go have some more fun and go for the home run to run score, whatever it is. I mean's a lot of minus money out there on him, but minus one twenty five on the total basis, I think that's a good enough investment. The guy's just red hot. And then Christian Scott back up with the Mets. It's a low number four and a half. I got this one right from the prop bitcheat sheet over on Betting Pros because I was having trouble finding a third one I really liked. And this is it. At plus money plus one fifteen, I think you can get to five against the that's today again. That's Christian Scott over on the four and a half strikeouts Welsh. What do you got?
Speaker 3: I didn't love a lot of the props. I'm gonna dig in a little bit more. I had a lot of prospecting stuff to do this morning, so I'm gonna dig in more. So that would be a plug of course to Bettingpros dot com slash Welsh. If you want to check my bets as they sink that I am actually full on making. But I got some line stuff here. And first up Atlanta, I'm backing Chris Sale kind of as I always want to do Chris Sale with the Braves. Minus one and a half is plus money plus one oh five. So give me the Braves to be up by a full run. And I have got some nerfes for you today. I am nurfying it. First Saint Louis and Pittsburgh, no run first inning. That is going to give me our boy Miles Michaelis and Jared Jones. Offensively, both of these teams in the first inning are in the bottom fifteen of the league and first inning scoring Jered Jones solid, you know, three and a half ERA, and I just think offensively, these teams match up versus the pitchers where we can hold down a run. This is around minus one thirty five, so it's a little bit you stuff the other one. It's going to feel uncomfortable. This is gonna feel really uncomfortable. It's around minus one twenty, could be to minus one ten, no run first inning, A's and Angels, And I think you can understand why I'm doing this. I'm pitting on the offenses here, but also on the pitching side half decent. Daniel Davis, who's pitching for the for the Angels, had a pretty good start, bunch of strikeouts recently, and joe Yestis have been good, so expected numbers, FIP numbers kind of more in their favor. I'm again these two teams are like bottom ten in the league in first run scoring, so I'm taking Oakland Angels no run first inning and Saint Louis Pittsburgh no un first inning. And I'm gonna run this back because I missed it yesterday because of San Diego. But this is my plus one and a half runs through the first five parlay. So I take three teams that are plus one and a half, so they're major ly juiced up, and that gets me to plus money. I'm one and one so far on these this year, and today I'm backing Philly, Boston and Pittsburgh. So I'm backing Zach Wheeler against the Cubs Brian Beao, and we've got Jered Jones going up against the Cardinals. Both all three teams plus one point five runs to the first five innings. That pays out around plus one twenty playing that sucker again today for my little parlay of the day. And if I see any props, I like bettingpros dot Com slash well there.
Speaker 1: You go, follow us there and download the Betting Pros app to start by smarter, not harder, Welsh. Let's take a quick look at the home run board el scale at the top of thirty Larry C at twenty nine, be Trot at twenty nine. Somebody's gonna win that Vlad Guerrero that I'm still stuck at twenty three for the weekend Boo spoiler alert. I'm just going with Shoeotani today, so if you don't like it too bad, Welsh, I do not want you to come with me for this one. I've been I've been a mush for you on Monday and Tuesday. So who are you picking for your home run call today?
Speaker 3: Though I even thought about it because it looks like it's Christian Mania making his major league debut with the Diamond.
Speaker 1: Because it was TVA this morning when I got up and I was like, Oh, who's pitching against so Tony? Oh TBA lock it in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's funny. Eric says, I would go Gunner. I would go Gunner, but he's going up against Logan Henderson now today, I've played this one before and I think I cash on one of them. I'm going with Riley Green, so good matchup overall. Give me Riley Green for the home run today. And I'm really not sure what that number will be.
Speaker 2: Nineteen, maybe I'll be out.
Speaker 3: I'm still I'm consistently four or five away from getting on the board. So again me on the home run board. Joe leaving for football, Joe is still plus money.
Speaker 1: I want to know. I know we're not gonna be here tomorrow, but we've got some fun stuff planned because the All Star Break is a weird time. So we're gonna have a review of the Futures Game, We're gonna talk about the MLB Draft. We're gonna have some shows releasing then, so we won't be live medicated shows. If dedicated shows you're playing in Dynasty or just look, you're looking at the future of baseball. These are gonna be very important shows for you, So we're gonna have those for you next week. While the All Star Break is also leading off, won't be live those first couple of days of the week because of the All Star break and all that fun stuff. I will have some thoughts on the home run derby, but we're also gonna do a little fun show about our all star teams for Fantasy in the American League and National League too, so we're gonna be working on that as well. So we're gonna be here even though baseball will be kind of off, we're still gonna be popping out that content for you. And just as a reminder, times running out on this one. And I know there's been a ton of reviews. Good job, folks, keep it going. Fantasypros dot com slash m LB review drop a positive review of the program. Here at Fantasy Pros MLB. We really appreciate you guys and gals out there who watch and listen to the show. Orlando Cabrera autographed throwback jersey could be yours. Oh I mean, Mike Merriworth thought. Mike Merriworth thought.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, this is all my By the way, Mike may.
Speaker 1: Just want to share this with the Peanuts and Cracker Jacks. Y'all are amazing. We already hit our goal for views this year for the channel by July first. How about that? How about that? That's on all of you. Congratulations and thank you.
Speaker 3: We got a pretty cool note about that that we you know they have. We have yearly goals, obviously, and baseball smashed its goal before July hit. We smashed, so we can continue to smash everything that is crazy.
Speaker 1: That doesn't mean to stop watching. You gotta keep watching and subscribing and all that fun stuff. But again, and just shout out to all of you who make this show work, because it's your show, where the people show. That'll do it for us. But the story of the game goes on. We'll be back again Friday to do some more. But of course the story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time. Kids. Enjoy your July fourth. Be safe, everybody, Let's ride. Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify, follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB