Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is Mick Shot screaming live on Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys at now Here are Bill Jones, Everson Wolves, and Nicky Spagnola.
Speaker 3: I think we need to fix the lead in on.
Speaker 4: We need to Yeah, right, uh huh? Are you and Savannah?
Speaker 3: Are you going to pronounce Savannah? There you go? Yeah, not to be confused. Not to be confused with Hugh Millen who spent just about a week here at Dalla Range with the Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Was he here?
Speaker 4: Was?
Speaker 2: It was like a month, a month.
Speaker 3: Long enough for me to go to his apartment in Valley Ranch and do an interview with and that was the kiss of death for his cowboy that was there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's right, all right, he was done, by the.
Speaker 3: Way, Yes, yes, he was.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: Here we are. We're not done, at least not right now. We're not done. Never ready for some football on Sunday afternoon, three twenty five, the Cowboys and the Cardinals and Mickey. Don't we have a special guest right off the top.
Speaker 6: We do, Bill, And as matter of fact, it was one of our teammates on our.
Speaker 7: Train show, right all right, she was the the savannah of years gone past here and look where we got her, right right, as if it was our deal with anh to.
Speaker 3: Two football teach, Danny Surrek. How are you like that we go behind enemy lines here with a friendly faced Danny Surrek. Who has how long now have you been with the Arizona Cardinals football club, Danny?
Speaker 8: It is almost two years to the day.
Speaker 3: Actually, wow, slowne by yeah, to a mid season acquisition. It was a trade made between the Cardinals.
Speaker 6: Of the I think a couple of Cardinals wanted goke that. So she's a reporter producer.
Speaker 3: There, reporter producer for the Arizona Cardinals. And practice is underway here at the Star in Frisco. What about they're in Arizona and not quite yet.
Speaker 8: We're two hours behind you right now. So practice will start in about twenty minutes or so for us, all right, a little early, a little earlier when we practice it here this.
Speaker 3: With the weather, so well, give us an overview of what of this Arizona Cardinals team. Off to an zero to two start, and of course had a big lead against the Giants twenty nothing at halftime twenty eight to seven in the third quarter, Giants came back and won by three, and they lost the opener on the road at Washington by four. So two losses by a total of seven points.
Speaker 8: Right this Cardinals team, what's interesting is there were a lot of question marks, a lot of doubts coming into the season, and I feel like they have exceeded those expectations so far. And they've played in the two games where they could have won. And I know that doesn't change the record, as you could have or you should have won, but this team is performing better than what expectations want. And you're missing a lot of your star players. You're bringing your quarterback Josh Jobs. Yeah, six practices before the season opener in Washington, and there truly was a night and day difference between Week one and week tea with Job and this offense. The defense has looked very good. The problem has been the second half really before quarter struggled Cardinals with an outscore twenty seven to nothing in the first fourth quarter these last two games. I'm not sure if that is the offense struggling and having a defense out there and having a standin a problem, but it's something that they have to get corrected, especially against this Caboy defense that is dominant to say the leaf Yeah, Danny.
Speaker 6: If you look at the scores, you lose to Washington twenty to sixteen and then to the Giants thirty one twenty eight. So it's two losses by a total of seven points. So they were kind of right there. And I noticed one of the things that has hurt them was the amount of injuries they've suffered, especially obviously at the quarterback position, but now along the defensive line too, right.
Speaker 8: So they put al j. Collier, who was looking very good throughout preseason in that first game's being inspired by the Cardinals this offseason. He's on iron with a biceps injury, and then Carlos Walkin suffered a biceps injury early on in the game Sunday against the Giants. And the reason that host is because this isn't a Cardinals defense that has a lot of star power. There's no micro harsion to know, there's no DeMarcus Lawrens, right, no Trayvon Digs like the Cowboys aps. So specifically on the defensive line with the outside line backers, they are relying heavily on a rotation, really five or six guys on that D line against the Giants, they were also about one of their starters and letting go with the shoulder injury. Now he's back to practice that he should be good, but not having Collier and not having walking really hurt what this defense was trying to do upfront, because now you're not going to be able to have that kind of rotation. Players are having to have more snaps, higher snap counts than what his coaching staff may be intended early on. So I would assume there's going to be some different adjustments, probably still a rotation, but it's not going to look the way that they had intended the way that we had seen success from that defensive line through the first one and a half days before Carlos Watkins went down with his biceps injury.
Speaker 2: Hey Danny, this is Everson. How are you ever said?
Speaker 8: Miss you man?
Speaker 2: What's up? Man? Had a good time?
Speaker 9: Come on, man, and we were attached at the hip. All of a sudden they just got rid of those. But anyway, listen, we have been dogging the Cardinals over here in this booth, just so you know. We at this point we try not to have too much disrespect for them because that's going to be a home home game for the Dallas Cowboys. I must this is what we've been saying. This is what we've been saying off camera. I'm just just telling you this has.
Speaker 2: Been going on.
Speaker 9: So tell me what's going to change that narrative because the Cardinals, they've changed the narrative the first two games even though they lost. Uh, tell me what's what's causing them to change the narrative about the Cardinals.
Speaker 8: Yeah. I think this all just comes down to the coaching staff in the culture. And I don't have a good way describer other than it feels very different than it did under this previous coaching staff. Not necessarily not theory, but what had coached Jarnson, Gannon and the staff new Germ. Manage your money off, support, have thought. You can really feel the efforts of this team is not quitting. That was something that one of our Skaty Game and Thompson talked about after the game Sunday was that's important that this team is sticking together early on because that is what carries through the entire season. But the passion and the aggression that this team is playing with really this defense is new now there's a fine line penalty has been an issue through two games with this team, but you can feel that culture change and winning at home has not been an easy task for this team the last year and a half. The only home win they had last year was Thursday Night against the Saints. So it's really important for this team to kind of set that tone and get their home win this week. You're right, ever, so though this is a very desirable destination for NFL fans of all teams to travel at beautiful place, golf, amazing weather, So I do expect a lot of Tawboys fans. But this team has to find a way to start winning at home and really closing the gate. We talked about those fourth quarters struggles. The teams are playing well enough to win. Now you have to start finishing the game strong, holding onto your lead.
Speaker 10: Now, Danny, the Cardinals passing offense is slightly outweighing their rushing one hundred and seventy yards to one hundred and twenty three point five yards. What do you anticipate for this game on Sunday? Are we going to pass the ball more or the Cardinals going to run more? I mean James Connor, He's definitely been an item for the Cardinals.
Speaker 3: What are your thoughts there?
Speaker 8: Yeah, it sounds interesting because it doesn't feel like the Cardinals have been relying on the pass more so than the run Week one in Washington. Just the game plan you have to have against hardly the best defensive line in the league. Those quick cords onto the passes really jobs trying to find connection with his receivers, which took some time understandably. So I would imagine that you're going to hand the ball to James Connor's riding that momentum of the game that he had one hundred and sixty yards, who was strucking guys less and right on this game against the Giant, and I think rite that. I think, especially with this defense, you have to find a way to wear down the Taboys defense, right, You have to find a way to try and weaken a dominant defense, find any sort of weakness or holes that you can and really try and shove the ball down their throat. I do think that the Cardinals are still looking to solidify more of that downfield presence. You've got the seed and Olie Brown. You've got the seed and Ronda Moore in that spot. You've got sides when you're rooking Michael Wilson. It's just about finding those connections. A big connection has been tied end Beckert, who's coming up an AH scale injuries himself, and there was mixcommunication. It didn't look like the balls are being thrown in the right place and the one but that connection looked a lot stronger Week two against the Giants. So I would expect that to be a receiver that jobs really starts to rely on. And just how reliable that dak Ert is and has been in his career with every quarterback he's played with, I would expect that connection to continue to grow.
Speaker 3: You know, I would say Danny and Danny's direct Zona Cardinals with us here on mixed shots, I'd say Danny that you could make the case Arizona is one of the real surprise teams in the league through two games, even though they are zero to two, especially when you consider what happened in the offseason with a coaching change. DeAndre Hopkins released the trade of a former first round draft pick, Isaiah Simmons, and then he got Kyler, who obviously is on injured reserve, to start the season. Buddha Baker, five time Pro Bowler in safety, also on injured reserve, and probably the biggest reason that Arizona has been able to do what they've done the first two games of the season is a quarterback that arrived about three weeks ago. And we saw the same quarterback, Joshua Dobbs at Christmas time last year. He was signed a week before he started against the Cowboys and played the whole game against the Cowboys as a Tennessee Titan. And I'm really impressed with this guy, and not only his play on the field, but highly intelligent guy aeros based engineering major four point at Tennessee. I'm wondering how in the world has this guy not gotten more of a chance than he has already in his NFL career. In twenty seventeen draft pick. By the way, he was the one hundred thirty fifth pick in the draft, same the same exact spot that Dak Prescott was drafted the year before.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's pretty crazy. This is gonna be the first time in Dumb's career that he's starting a third straight game. But you can see the confidence growing with jobs and commanding the huddle a little more and that really was a big difference from week one to week to was that command. He had a much quicker release, and we also saw the mobility. He had a twenty three yard rushing touchdown where he trucked maybe or McKinney getting into the end zone and then again broke through a tackle on a two point conversion. That's what this coaching staff was looking for. That was part of the release in Cole McCoy and bringing Josh Oobbs day before your final preseason in Minnesota. It's not quite obviously the Kyler Murray level of having that two different quarterbacks, but it is much more the style of what this coaching staff wants to have. I think something that helps Josh Jobbs kind of get activated here is that he has some familiarity with a little bit of the coaching staff offensive Cornat or Jupet Sam the quarterbacks coach Is Rowell for both spent time with Jobs when he was in Cleveland for a little bit, so that helps the connection as well. But it's kind of funny of when we first got to talk to Jobs in that first week and he saying, yeah, you know, it's not just learning the offense. I'm also having to learn people's names. I'm taking stamps from these guys, that being the practice that comes up to me and interviews himself like, that's not an easy situation when we come in and you've got the practices before you're leading the team. So because Dobs has been here for such a short amount of time, one week's work of practice really can make all the difference. And just seeing the gross for week one in Washington in week two at home against the Giants, I really do you think we're going to continue to see the elite atting into week three hosting the Cowboys.
Speaker 6: You know, Danny, they obviously knew that Kyler Murray wasn't going to be ready for the start of the season. So what ended up being the impetus that kind of at the last minute. I think I saw the trade went down for Dobbs August twenty fourth to kind of change course right at the last minute, give up on Colt McCoy and then also depend on Clayton Tune from right here in Carrollton at Hebrew And High School to be the backup quarterback.
Speaker 8: That's right, Yeah, I think it was just seeing what you had and how that was going to fit with what you want. Again, this coaching staff wants the quarterbacks he doesn't just have that arm strength and an activity for that long ball, but also their legs starting to play, being able to get out of the pocket, being able to get out of the pocket run a little bit themselves. And I think just the point in his career that wasn't what cult McCoy had. Really wasn't the type of or back he ever was, but it just wasn't what this coaching staff was looking for at that point. I think what you saw through the off season, joint practices, three season games kind of solidified that. And while the rookie Clayton too as the sparks, it didn't seem like he was ready enough to be your week one starter, whether that was technique, what work was leading to some high passes and decisions that were being made, it just didn't seem like two was going to be able to step up, kind of like the way Dak Rescott was able to step up early on. It just didn't seem like Clayton tune was going to be ready for that in time. And I think the reason you keep him is because you like him and you see the potential that's there. This coaching staff was interested in josh Bobbs earlier in the off season, again because of those connections. It just the trade or contract problems are what prevented the Cardinals from getting jobs early than they did. But I think that Dobbs just really stits more with what this coaching staff wants and how they want to run this offense.
Speaker 3: And we know that Danny needs to run to practice, right, Danny.
Speaker 8: He's got a few more minutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The other thing. The other thing. The other thing I think about that is I don't think Josh Cleveland wanted to let go of Dobbs yet. And then Dorian Thompson Robinson, their fifth round draft pick, just lit it up in the preseason. So, Mickey, I think what probably happened on that access Well, yeah, so you had Deshaun Watson there, you have dtr there, and so all of a sudden, after the rookie performed so well in the preseason, that's when Kevin Stefanski said, Okay, uh, tell us what you'll give us for Joshua Dobbs. And so I think that's probably the way what changed on that. But I think it's real credit to him to be able to come in there and quickly, so quickly, you know, just just get in there and and make the transition and and basically take over as a starting quarterback.
Speaker 4: And they got they got a fifth a fifth round pick.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it probably would have been a They might have been releasing him. I don't know at Dandy camp, but they like him so much they gave up a fifth round pick. Well, Danny, we appreciate it. And uh, I know you'll be decked out in Cardinal red, but your heart will be with Cowboy Blue.
Speaker 9: Right, you don't have to answer that, Danny, you don't have to that.
Speaker 6: Wait, I'll give you. I'll give you an easier one before we leave. Okay, m I Z you will have a black and gold on on Saturday.
Speaker 3: Are you as.
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: What's the deal with that?
Speaker 3: Danny?
Speaker 4: Are you as in?
Speaker 3: Are you in love with the thicker kicker like Nicky is? All right, Danny Surrect, We appreciate it, and good luck to those Arizona Cardinals on Sunday ever since says they will need it, Yes they will.
Speaker 8: I hope you guys have a great rest of your season.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: All right, Danny Surrek in the Valley of the Sun, and we continue with more mix shots.
Speaker 11: In just a moment, picker Kicker, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: And they snapped the press guy who looks right, it's not there. He escaped leapt He'll look for a per style.
Speaker 11: Just like football when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands, says twenty eleven. They've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 1: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 11: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 11: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 12: You no that sound anywhere. It's the crisp crunch, the first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio, sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for. Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping. There's no topping of cool PEPSI finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 2: That's what I like.
Speaker 13: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 14: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite pairing can cracks a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes.
Speaker 5: Followed by Monday morning swack brisket and the Smoker Miller Liked and the Creek, America's team playing America's Greatest school. Miller Like the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football Taste like Miller Time Celebrate Responsibly twenty twenty three. Miller Brown Company, Fort Worth, Texas dem shuts.
Speaker 10: K post roofing and waterproofing the official roofer of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: All right, well that's just great, right, how many words that you have to say?
Speaker 3: We're still on this? Come on now, make you putting pressure one exactly.
Speaker 2: I couldn't do that. You couldn't. I'm sorry.
Speaker 13: Tomorrow you're doing it.
Speaker 3: We all can agree on that. The podcast text line is open at eight one seven two nine oh three two nine eight. I don't think Mickey is going to allow phone calls today. I just have a feeling that he's got too much on his legal mad to take phone calls today.
Speaker 4: It's all right, cardinals stuff, Yeah.
Speaker 3: So what what can you tell us?
Speaker 4: Give us up to practice?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 3: Yes, because practice was open just at the outset of mixed shots today, Mickey was able to sneak a peek outside.
Speaker 6: So you know they're in pads. They're outside. It's very windy, by the way, but in pads practicing. And all these guys were either limited or full yesterday was Brandon Cooks, Donovan Wilson, Tyler Smith, and Tuma Adoga. So, uh, that's bodes well for going forward.
Speaker 4: Uh No, j Ron curse, he's got an illness.
Speaker 6: They sent him home yesterday, but my understanding was he's he's going to be in the building today, so he's getting somewhat better. And then Zach Martin is still going to do rehab today, so he'll be out with the ankle. But I still don't think it's that bad because I think if they needed him to finish the game on Sunday, he could have made it through.
Speaker 3: So Zach, Zach Martin, he did finish the game, he.
Speaker 6: Was well, yeah, he came back for victory formation.
Speaker 4: You know they do up and down.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, yeah, real chief right.
Speaker 4: He never misses a chance.
Speaker 6: So from an injury standpoint, think about this. This will be the first time the offensive line has been together basically period, because Terrence Steele missed the entire offseason and then when they got to training camp, it was going to be, well, we'll get him in to do a little bit of stuff, and then Zach Martin missed all of the off season, he didn't in practice, and then they got him into practice in time to start, and then they lose Tyler Smith to the injury, and they weren't using Tying all that much. So this will be their first opportunity really to have a full week of practice with all five guys on the offensive line.
Speaker 9: You know, we took it for granted that Zach Martin would come in ready. Yeah, after be an out off season. What does a what does an offensive lineman do to stay ready?
Speaker 4: You know, he can go out and panamized right.
Speaker 9: On the other and tell his girl or his wife or who just he just stay right there, hold this bag for.
Speaker 2: Me, all right, this is gonna hurt. Yeah.
Speaker 6: So but I think he had he had somebody that he was working out with and doing some sort of simulated football type stuff.
Speaker 9: But it's not about an offensive lineman and what they do in the off season. If they're holding out, you just you know, we know what wide receivers do. They go find a quarterback somewhere. You know, a quarterback, go find somebody that can catch a ball. But you know, yeah, but the offensive lineman did.
Speaker 6: And that's the hard part of the whole deal on offensive lineman in the off season, with their inability to you know, practice somewhat kind of contact, right instead of just panamining everything.
Speaker 4: You know, I guess if you got five boys, you can go four.
Speaker 6: It's like, okay, everybody line up and I'm in the middle, right, but.
Speaker 2: It is an interesting point. I just know it is.
Speaker 9: And he comes back ready, right, Yeah, it didn't seem like he missed a beat at all.
Speaker 4: They missed his blocks.
Speaker 9: He didn't miss his blocks. They missed his blocks. Yeah, especially when you're talking about tight ends. Still pissed off about that.
Speaker 6: So this is a good thing that you get this offensive line back together. H And by the way, we Evers and I were watching it yesterday. Matt wi Lesco's getting close. He's uninjured, reserve absolutely two more games. But the way he's working out out there, you know, they would have an opportunity if they wanted to put him on the fifty three to bring him up or if they needed a backup. He's got three elevations sort.
Speaker 9: Of what the bill I was trying to match my footwork and what it would have been versus with the footwork he was doing.
Speaker 2: I think I could beat him. Yeah, I think I still got it.
Speaker 4: But three hundred pounds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know a little bit more pop than the.
Speaker 3: Old Well let's go yeah, Well he's got forty years yeah, right, that offset the ways different.
Speaker 4: Hey, our footwork could probably an offensive lineman. The other thing that it's going to.
Speaker 6: Be a future consideration is the fact that they've been elevating brock Hoffman off the practice squad. You get three, so this week will be his third, and then they're gonna have to decide either find a spot on the fifty three or they've got the guy that they signed.
Speaker 4: I forgot his name, the backup guard.
Speaker 3: I got it, I got it, I got it. Who was it that they signed? I kept bringing Sean Harlowe.
Speaker 6: Sean Harlow, I was gonna say howl so I knew that wasn't right. But then he's on the practice squad, so if they need elevations, then maybe he would take over and they get three more there and then see, you know how it goes along, because my understanding is Bass still needs a little time before they could say, okay, he's our backup center.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, Yeah he looked good there at guard though.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, I thought he did a nice job, and you know, awesome. Richard's got some time. So you know, as McCarthy was mentioning early in the week, that these injuries have created opportunities for these young guys to get snaps that they would have never gotten, right, and so maybe down the line it becomes a benefit since it hasn't really cost them just yet.
Speaker 3: Sports savvy, do we have a text?
Speaker 10: We have a question?
Speaker 3: Yes we do, all right?
Speaker 10: Excuse me?
Speaker 1: How to clear my.
Speaker 2: Choked up with.
Speaker 10: Really got okay with things stalling near the goal line last week? Excuse me? What do we think about Hunter loup Key? Is the question being implemented a little bit more?
Speaker 2: Well, they should be a Bill question.
Speaker 9: Yes, that's his boy.
Speaker 2: Bill wanted.
Speaker 3: I liked him well. I called it in the last preseason game. I said, you know what, I'm thinking, I would keep this Hunter looking. And that's without really seeing him do much as a fullback. Now we've seen some evidence of him as a fullback.
Speaker 9: You saw you saw one play where he got in and I don't know if he just didn't know where the block or the d lineman really pushed our guys back into him, so he really wasn't able to make it through to block his man.
Speaker 3: I was on the opening drive of the game. I looked went back just this morning and looked at the opening drive of the game and one of the plays that he was in there, and he did. He had a nice block on a five or six yard run hollered. And you know, I don't think as a ball carrier down on the goal line. To answer the question, but using him used him as a fullback.
Speaker 4: You weren't watching he had eighteen plays?
Speaker 9: Well, I saw, I saw the one play, but I think they just got overwel I think.
Speaker 3: With the question had to do more so with him as a ball carriers.
Speaker 10: Stalling near the goal line essentially, So how how do we get him into those plays?
Speaker 3: And he was in there, and I like it as a fullback, right I don't know that there would be any more success than what they've had with him running the football at this point in his career. Well, but he is a bigger guy and then depends on the play or whatever. But I like him in the role that they have him in right now.
Speaker 2: And I must give the Jets credit.
Speaker 9: I mean, that's a hell of a defense, yes, and the fact that they stalled down there. Everyone's going to stall down there on the Jets defense. They knew what we were going to do.
Speaker 2: After a while, they knew we weren't hiding anything.
Speaker 9: So it was really to the Cowboys disadvantage on the offensive line in the interior that they were just laying their ears back and just it was a desperate situation for the whole team. So that's the way the Jets played.
Speaker 6: On their first their first possession in the third quarter, when they were first in goal at the one he was in at full back, second in goal at the one he was in at full back. And that's when uh Rico tried to jump cut from the.
Speaker 3: One yard like Mickey will never get over there.
Speaker 4: Just jump forward.
Speaker 9: I don't want no sideways, right, Mickey makes a good makes a good point.
Speaker 2: There's no time to be messing around down there.
Speaker 4: I could hear.
Speaker 3: Oh, would you imagine Mickey was your coach? You hear one of one of the week.
Speaker 2: It would be a mini plus els.
Speaker 3: Okay, I heard you the first time.
Speaker 6: Tell me how many times have I heard one of the Cowboys running back coaches like hit the hole right, hit the whole foul, the whole foul, the block. Don't try to invent a new play, all right?
Speaker 3: When we come back here on mix shots, more of your texts and tweets for that matter, and this Cardinals offense and defense, what concerns you the most when we come back on mix shots.
Speaker 13: The medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 5: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite.
Speaker 14: What a pairing can cracks a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed.
Speaker 5: By Monday morning Swagger, Brisky and the Smoker.
Speaker 14: Miller Lite and the Creek, America's team playing America's greatest school. Miller Lite the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football taste like Miller Time, Celebrate Responsibly twenty twenty three Miliber own Company, fort Worth Tech.
Speaker 11: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: And they snapped a fresh down.
Speaker 4: Who looks white.
Speaker 3: It's not there.
Speaker 4: He escaped flapt He'll.
Speaker 11: Run for a punch down Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 3: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 11: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, they've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 11: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 3: You know that sound anywhere.
Speaker 12: It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for. Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping of school pepsi. Finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 3: That's what I like.
Speaker 10: Let's play in this game. There's a position for everyone, no matter who you are. Flag is your chance to run, throw, jump, and fly. This is your chance to get involved in the action and join the flag football movement. Learn more and find a league at nflflag dot com.
Speaker 3: All right, we continue on Mixed Shots final segment here, and we're gonna get in just a moment Everson's pick for the game and his pick to click because Everson will be on assignment tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'll be sitting at the airport waiting on a flight.
Speaker 2: Go.
Speaker 3: We're not going to say where he's going on assignment. He will be on assignment somewhere. And Savannah has one of your tweets.
Speaker 10: Yes, we have a click to pick here, Happy Thursday from James. He predicts the Cowboys will win. His pick is Tony Pollard in honor of the Memphis Tigers taking down.
Speaker 3: Big, big game Tigers in Saint Louis. I need football in Saint Louis, don't they?
Speaker 4: They do. They don't have a college.
Speaker 3: They're playing football and I don't have an NFLLL miszoo fill up that stadium.
Speaker 6: Yes they will, and Memphis got a lot of alumni in Saint Louis.
Speaker 4: They don't have to make the two hour drive.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: I'll look for that on my TV. Yes, leave Saturday. All right, as we continue on mixed shots, I studied up the Arizona Cardinals a little bit, and I know y'all are going to think I'm crazy, but I like what. I like what they're doing in Arizona. There's an aggressive team. They don't have the personnel right now, but I like. I like the changes that they've made as far as the coaching goes. And as we saw the first two games, they were highly competitive against Washington and the Giants, and I think that they're going to be uh, They're going to give the Cowboys their best shot. I'm not going to say they're going to beat the Cowboys, but I do like some of the things that they've got going laying a foundation for the future.
Speaker 2: There. We'll talk about culture.
Speaker 9: You know that the culture before this year was just see what Kyleer Americans do for us, you know, create as much as you can, you know, with these these talented wide receivers and running backs that he had at the time, and now they've revamped everything.
Speaker 2: You know, there's what's the wide receiver and Andre Hopkins. Yeah, the hop the hop is gone. Connor's thanks, thank god it's still there. He's a guy.
Speaker 9: He pretty much typifies what a Arizona team should want to be. Like, you know, a guy has been through a lot and came out really strong on the other side, talking about this fight with cancer and things of that nature. I think keeping him there that I think that says a lot about what their future culture will be.
Speaker 3: And he ran for one hundred and six yards on twenty seven.
Speaker 15: Carriage was Yeah, he ran with abandoned and he played with emotion, and that's exactly what the way the Cardinals are going to play in that game.
Speaker 3: On defense, They've got an edge rusher. What a story that Dennis gard Deck. He's six foot tall. He went to Yeah, and he's been a special teams player in his career. He was undrafted about six or seven years out of the un With that, he started his college career not at West Virginia but at West Virginia State, which I've never heard of, and then he wound up at Sioux Falls, which I had never heard of. Six foot, two hundred and thirty two pounds, he is tied with Michael Parsons and Os Digazua three sacks in the first two games of this season, and he kind of they started using him a little bit more on defense last year and he started making some plays and he's carried it over this year. Guy that I liked in the draft a couple of years ago, Zaven Collins out of Tulsa. They've now switched him to an edge rusher position, which is why I liked.
Speaker 2: Him in the draft.
Speaker 3: I didn't like him so much as an inside linebacker the way he's been used his first two years in the league. But at six four, two hundred and sixty pounds and the athleticism that he has, I think he's better set outside backer in a three to four.
Speaker 4: And that's what you're in a three to four.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but the injuries to their defensive linemen are going to be significant. Carlos Watkins, who have been here with the Cowboys the previous two years, you know, now out as Danny pointed out, with the biceps, and they had lost the other guy, Collier already with the same.
Speaker 7: See.
Speaker 3: The thing is, and I like what Carlos Watkins did here in the role he was playing. That tells you a lot about the personnel that the Cars have right now. That Okay, when when Watkins didn't play here, we didn't talk about well, but they don't have Carlos Watkins this week, and all due respect to him, he made some plays here and he's a good role player on a team. L J. Collier was a first round draft pick of Seattle, but he didn't do anything in Seattle and they lose him. Now what we're going to do. We don't have l J. Collier And so that just tells you where they are personnel wise.
Speaker 6: And then they're pretty young at corner Another team young at cornerbacks, starting a rookie Key Trail Clark.
Speaker 4: Uh and he was only a I mean not to do.
Speaker 2: That, only trail. It sounds more like a trail.
Speaker 3: I'll go with trail.
Speaker 2: Yeah, key trail.
Speaker 4: That's the that's the Missouri trail.
Speaker 3: I mean, let me take a look at it.
Speaker 2: That's a Missouri pronunciation.
Speaker 4: I mean, take a look at it. You see, tell me what it says?
Speaker 11: Is it?
Speaker 3: K y? I think the MISSOI grad might have this one key trail? Okay, can you do this one sixth round?
Speaker 6: I don't have to talk about that. I'm talking about the quarterbacks right now. And then their other corner is Marco Wilson. He was a fourth round pick. Then he's very athletic guy.
Speaker 4: Right, but they lost Buddha Baker.
Speaker 9: Oh nice, well for us, Yeah, that's a problem that will come around.
Speaker 2: And that's right.
Speaker 4: So you know, the linebacker course probably pretty.
Speaker 2: Good and that goes that goes very well for my picks to click to see.
Speaker 3: And and not coincidentally, they have several former Philadelphia Eagles on their defense, including White, Kevon Wallace free safety.
Speaker 6: Well, uh, the key thing and you know Danny touched on it when Savannah asked the question.
Speaker 4: They're going to try to run the ball. No different than.
Speaker 6: What the Jets plan was that got destroyed quickly.
Speaker 3: But the Giants plan should have.
Speaker 6: Should have been and they got away from it right away. The Jets plan the first play of the game got destroyed with DeMarcus Lawrence. I'm gonna still call them DeMarcus ware. At some point DeMarcus Lawrence drops the cook for i mean haul for four yard loss. So we'll see if their ability to run the ball is any better, because that's what they'd like to do and then kind of protect Joshua Dobbs throwing the ball.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 3: The big difference that the Cowboys have I think both offensively and defensively, especially defensively over other teams in the league right now. Aside from the personnel that they have, it's they've been in the same system now for three years under dan Quinn. I mean these are I mean, Cowboys have really good players, but they've acquired players who fit what dan Quinn wants to do and they've now most of those players that are playing on the co Boys defense or have now been in this system for three years.
Speaker 6: You must have read mix Shots column yesterday because DeMarcus Lawrence pointed that out as one of the benefits of why he thinks they're better against the run, because he said, we've been in DQ system for two to three years.
Speaker 3: And really, I mean look at well, speaking of d Law, look at the first play of the game, end of the day. What defense were they in. Cowboys were in a three to four They they lined up Chauncey Golston at left defensive end, Jonathan Hankins at nose, and they had Osa at right defensive end. Then Micah lined up as an outside linebacker and d Law lined up as an outside linebacker. They knew, just like you said, the scouting report on the Jets is they're going to run the football, and sure enough they handed it to brace Hall run on the left side, and what did DeMarcus Law do. It was basically a five man front and it was a four four yard loss and that set the tone for the entire game. But the Cowboys have defensive players that they're hybrid players where they can go three, four, four, three whatever.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because you could have said, well, they were in a four to three and they had Micah's like a strong side.
Speaker 3: They also had linebacker, they had the Moon, Clark and Layton in it was a traditional three four right, Well it could for the fifty two defense.
Speaker 4: I mean there was three linebackers and four down linemen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but with a four to three you have to have that true middle lineback.
Speaker 4: Well you got two of them.
Speaker 9: There, no one on the fourth three. You only have one middle linebacker on fourth three, don't you.
Speaker 4: Well, where's the other two going?
Speaker 9: I don't know, it's not going to be a four to three. If it's not going to be a fourth three with two middle linebackers, well.
Speaker 6: You have two and one standing on the line of scrimmage as a strong side linebacker.
Speaker 4: That's the way the Cowboys used to play it back in the day in the.
Speaker 6: Nineties, and what day in my day ninety one, ninety two, ninety three I played.
Speaker 9: I played behind the four of the strong side. I mean, was Bob Brunneger Eugene Lockwob being in.
Speaker 4: The strong side linebacker would line up on the line of.
Speaker 9: Don't have men family, family, But what the.
Speaker 3: Cowboys were in a Bill Parsons three four defense on the first player of the game.
Speaker 9: All right, Pili, Well, first of all, before we get started, I'd like to say there are two more tigers playing this weekend. Yes, yes, that would be Texas Southern Tigers versus the Gramley State Tigers. Thank you very much, Black and Gold.
Speaker 4: Where's that game gonna be at Grambling? All right?
Speaker 2: Okay, down the hill that Eddie Robinson Stadium.
Speaker 9: So I just want to give you that much come here, don't be That would be yeah against Prairie View.
Speaker 2: The sure will. So I am looking at this team.
Speaker 3: Now you're talking about Grambling, Texas Southern.
Speaker 9: I'm talking with them the Tigers. We got enough Tigers. We got enough Tigers. I'm doing my pick to click. I look at this game a lot like last week's game. They're going to try their best to create a running situation. I think we're gonna shut it down. And the reason I think we're going to shut now is the main reason they talked about with DeMarcus and dan Quinn's defense. Last year, they had basically same players, same system, right, they made all the mistakes. They made the mistakes last year. Too many people trying to make plays out of position. You come out of your position and the running back fire as your whole where.
Speaker 2: You just left from.
Speaker 9: They're not doing that as much this year, so I still think it's going to be in a really lopsided game. Looking I tried to be fair to the opposition. Of the first two games, we were overwhelmed. So this time I'm going with the trend thirty five, thirty five, fourteen.
Speaker 6: I think Cowboys, thank you all good.
Speaker 9: I am looking at another rookie defensive back. I think Michael Gallup is going to finally get his day. I'm looking at him having two touchdown passes a football game.
Speaker 2: Now my my player to pick or whatever to pick. Click said, we had another.
Speaker 6: We don't know what it is yet, the pot pick, pot pick.
Speaker 2: I have a pot pick.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, even if it's not the one we're supposed to pick.
Speaker 3: This one will go viral.
Speaker 2: That's pot pick. Okay, Oh see, it's going to get two sacks, all right.
Speaker 9: He will end up leading the league in sacks at the end of this week.
Speaker 6: So he in three games, he's going to have more sacks than he's had in two years of his career.
Speaker 2: And he's he knows who to feed off of.
Speaker 15: All right.
Speaker 9: I'm not going to say his name because we can't mention him when we talk about picks to click.
Speaker 2: But he's going to feed off of this young man.
Speaker 6: That's another statistic that need to come up with an assist on a.
Speaker 4: Right because he assists that first.
Speaker 9: He's going to have an assist and at least one of these sacks that I think, do.
Speaker 3: You go back and look at that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he just cleared out that side.
Speaker 3: Of the line. The center was taking him on, and it really showed the strength that Osa has and his long arms because he just hooked that center and he drove him into Dallas County and here was a Tom Landry freeway opened up for Micah to come get thee.
Speaker 6: I think I want to remember who it was, if it was to Marcus Lawrence or Micah. They were talking about how strong that Osa is, like when he's in the weight room. He and one of them said it, when he's in the weight room, I.
Speaker 4: Just go somewhere else.
Speaker 6: I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't want to embarrass myself. Wow, that's how he's long.
Speaker 3: Yeah, over thirty four inch arms? Yeah yeah, Okay, Well, Everson, enjoy your assignment for the weekend.
Speaker 2: And uh no, I can't say that. He might you can.
Speaker 3: You can listen, you can watch.
Speaker 9: My assignment. Will be the person I'm going to visit. He's going to want to listen to the show with me, and we may call in. We may call it a fan this guy or a major fan.
Speaker 4: We've got the text line.
Speaker 2: Here, I take a picture, get to We'll take care of this, all right, and.
Speaker 6: We'll see how how well Savannah likes well.
Speaker 2: The other question it depends on when I land. We'll see.
Speaker 3: Here's the other part of it is no ever sin tomorrow means more Savannah tomorrow. That's right, right, opportunity.
Speaker 2: That that may sound like we're against each other. I don't want to versus as well. I'll lose that fight.
Speaker 3: All right, we will some of us will chat at you again. Tomorrow here on Mixed No Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: A minute