Speaker 1: It's nine O G onegin with Jenny Garth and Tory Spelling. Amy. What do you give this episode? Just rate it right.
Speaker 2: Now assessing my gut reaction is sort of an. They have some problems with it that I don't think people are gonna like, but I'm going to just express them.
Speaker 1: I have some problems as well, but I'm going to give it a seven. It's a little boring, it's good.
Speaker 3: It's a good episode. First of all, where to begin? I have a Hillary swank thing and I have an Erica thing?
Speaker 2: Where do you?
Speaker 1: Okay? Which character do you want to?
Speaker 2: First?
Speaker 1: We gotta give them the synopsis. We got to tell them all.
Speaker 2: Okay, fine, that's true, true, true trip.
Speaker 1: Welcome everybody to another episode of nine two one OMG and you guessed it. It's me Jenny and Amy. Today tours out six, so we are going to hold down the fort for her, but we miss her. So we're talking today about season eight, episode nine, Friends, Lovers and Children, which aired November fifth, nineteen ninety seven. Give us that synopsis, Amy.
Speaker 3: Lori is begging for forgiveness, but Noah doesn't care. He doesn't only have barnacles.
Speaker 2: He's an actual oil air, Dylan's little Dylan's little sister is spotting on the streets. Steve and Carly finally hit the sheets. That's hard to say. David needs a loan shark to save the After dark, Dinah finds her check book and realizes her boyfriend is a crook.
Speaker 1: Directed by Michael Ray Rhodes, written by John Well.
Speaker 2: Do you know those people? Either of those?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I am not. I can't remember Michael ol Ray Rhoades. Please forgive me if you ever happen to hear this, but John Well play, I remember, yes, of course.
Speaker 2: So okay, Well, first of all.
Speaker 1: We can go any which way. Why don't we start with the synopsis and do the one the first thing on the synopsis.
Speaker 3: So that's Valerie and Noah, which it's kind of like my thing I care about the least in this episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like, great, he's super rich. He's not just rich, he's wealthy.
Speaker 1: All I just have to be Honoree and say that when Okay, he had some great moments in this episode as far as like as if you believe him, and then he has some not so great moments.
Speaker 2: He's fine, he's cute, he's fine. It's just like it's just like he looks like you.
Speaker 1: Sometimes he looks like he has no emotions whatsoever, like when he's sad or mad. It's like, I'm getting nothing.
Speaker 3: They just blocked this guy in there, and I'm supposed to totally care about him when I'm like, I.
Speaker 2: Don't even know you.
Speaker 1: You Yeah, you have to because guess what, the gang let him in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he's on the opening credits. It's like the thing that, like we put him in the opening credits. You're supposed to accept him like he's been here all eight years, right, I just don't care. I'm like, Valerie, you screwed this up. Now you're coming back acting like but you were the one, And it's.
Speaker 1: Just like the one she made her bed id of here, she made her bed and then she buddy to just forget her and forget annoying. But it doesn't seem like Noah's going to do that. And I kind of believe him.
Speaker 3: I kind of think he's a cool guy in there. Like he's got scruples.
Speaker 1: I don't know if scruples, I don't know what those are, but they sound painful. But Valerie has he has boundaries. Let's say I know what that is uh, he's just he's like, he's like, what's that guy, Homie, don't play that?
Speaker 2: What's that character in Living Color? Holmey, don't play yeah the clown. Okay. So here's my thing with Noah. He needs therapy. He has so much trauma and so many emotions and they're all coming out crazy. And then he's drunk and then he gets in the fight and Brandon.
Speaker 1: Brandon is this new uh you know, the old guy.
Speaker 2: It's they're trying to make him Dylan. It's like, don't do that.
Speaker 1: Yes, but this, this is this gets into my favorite parts. When Noah says, ever hear of Hunter Oil and Chemical and Brandon says, yeah, they're a fortune five hundred hull like fortune five hundred Why would Brandon know that?
Speaker 2: I don't know, because it's it's just dumb.
Speaker 3: It's so that we're supposed to know he's a billionaire whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's really rich. We find out his girlfriend was killed or his wife.
Speaker 2: It's his girlfriend maybe fiance, but I think girlfriend, and like the family didn't like her. I think we learned that was that it the family.
Speaker 3: It's also mumbo jumbowie that I just don't care and I'm like, too much information is being shoved at me and I can't get it all.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I'm saying? The girlfriend thing and she died, and that he's rich but he wants he pretends to be poor and it's just like he doesn't.
Speaker 1: Want to enjoyed him drunk? Though?
Speaker 2: Was he playing the beer bottles or was that a different show I was watching?
Speaker 3: He literally blurring it was he did he have beer bottles lined up and he was playing a song with them?
Speaker 1: Or that literally a different familiar But he played I liked when he was drunk and then he got into the fight. But that's it. That's the only thing that happened in the storyline. Is we learned a lot, yeah, too much nothing once, and I'm like, it doesn't make sense. Who's next on our rundown?
Speaker 2: Okay, next is Dylan's little sister. And this is where I really have to just.
Speaker 1: What do you need to say?
Speaker 2: Number One? I don't I don't buy it. You just don't buy it. I don't buy it, like I don't don't buy what that. She's now left Hawaii, escaped from What's Her Doozy Lady from Soap Operas what's her name again? Why is it of pause? Not Susan Lutine? No, And it's like, what is her name on.
Speaker 1: The show that we can at least go with that, Mama, Mama, mackay.
Speaker 2: I want to say, Heiress, Heiress, whoa we help us? What is Iris? Iris Bana?
Speaker 3: Pause though, because at least Heiress, like I was so close, We're so close, Okay, So I don't I just don't buy it.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I think this is totally nuts that now she's like a prostitute with a pimp and that Dylan.
Speaker 2: That Dylan isn't coming. Are you kidding me? Nobody knows where ye called Brenda.
Speaker 1: It's so John Brenda. So he's not with Brenda.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're supposed to right now believe that he's still with Brenda. And they tell us, yeah, she had this bad boyfriend and she left Hawaii.
Speaker 1: Brenda and Brandon this right, but Brenda's talking about Dylan.
Speaker 2: Correct, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: Hi. That's your little sister. It's like a plane has no dad. She has no mom because Iris is her stepmom and she had her brother's gone off gallivantin.
Speaker 2: By the way, I don't think Iris is her stepmom.
Speaker 3: Because here's why Iris and Jack were married before. Then Jack has this girl with this random lady, has this Jack has a daughter with this random lady who's a criminal, right, Okay, she marries that weird mustache guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you're only the step mom if you're married. Who the father?
Speaker 1: But wait, where did her mom go? That married the weird jail jail? She's in jail, yeah, because she they were like crazy, So she has no mom, She has no mom.
Speaker 2: She has no mom.
Speaker 3: But and Iris Is just took her like she could be her adopted mom. But I don't think she's technically her stepmom. But I get why they said it.
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean, I'm like literally getting in the weeds. But I still was like, I don't think.
Speaker 1: So yeah yeah. What I really do get is that she really doesn't want to talk to Kelly. That's a parent. But what I do hold on. What I do love is the Brandon and Kelly are back on the hard streets of LA. They're not letting the gunshot influence their neighborhoods. They're driving through whatsoever.
Speaker 2: I love that random lady with the VAM too, that lady with the vam like she knows the mean street.
Speaker 1: Pam, Oh, Pam, I am. I am a big fan of Pam.
Speaker 2: She has the cops on speed dial and she's all I needed two's seven to listen.
Speaker 1: Pam is the social lady and she is pretty much the only straightforward person on the show. Character on the show, although she's not a ray of hope when.
Speaker 2: She's also like, if I tell you guys to get out of here, you need to do what I say. And then did you see like you they kind of zoom in on you guys, which side of our do not?
Speaker 3: Let me forget to talk about Carly and Steve and Carly looking off into the disc it's wet, Nope, okay, so it's kind of zoomed in on you guys. And then Pam just over at the cop car with her head in the window, like those are her besties. I like wanted to be like, I want to know what she's saying.
Speaker 1: Hold on, what about when we meet? I can't. I don't know his name, but he's the pimp guy? Is he something like that? I don't know. He says, They say who are you? And he said, I'm the bit oh rigs Riggs, I'm the big bad wolf. And then Kelly doesn't listen to Pam who's trying to get her out of there. Get them out of there, But none of these two youngsters, Brandon and Kelly, think they know everything, so they keep pressing him, and then Rizzy what's the name Riggs pulls out a knife. So here's my point. Here, we are Brandon not being scared at all of the big bad wolf with the knife, and he's trying to get Kelly Taylor in an awkward, potentially dangerous situation. Again, this is the same exact beat as when the car gun guys drove by and he was like, oh my ego, let me be like, oh, let me put my chest out and like do something what. I don't know what he's gonna do. Nothing.
Speaker 2: He looked fantastic in that tux. But why were you guys? Why was he wearing a tux?
Speaker 1: But they went to the play. They went to a play and he fell asleep during it.
Speaker 2: He got tucks. That's very dressy. Now we're just getting some breaking news here. This is exciting. The lady playing Pam is less Moonvessu's former wife. Did I get that right? This?
Speaker 1: So were they married at this time when she had this role.
Speaker 2: So less Moonves is now married to Julie Chen So at this time, was she married to less Moonvest and was he like pretty big even then twenty five years of marriage. They were married at the time, whoa, they were married for twenty five years.
Speaker 1: So she got a good role she got you know, yeah, maybe she wasn't it. I don't know anything about her. Maybe she was an actress and they just brought her in for this. But she was down very.
Speaker 3: Muchd bit Lorraine that I had no idea. That's bad ass in my opinion, badass, but a downer.
Speaker 2: But who wears a tuxedo do a play?
Speaker 1: You still have a problem with his toe?
Speaker 2: I mean he looks so good and I liked it. You guys looked good and then you recognize Erica. I mean the whole thing.
Speaker 1: So good good, I because I even when they said that's Erica, I looked at her.
Speaker 2: She's also like time jumped. She's time jumped.
Speaker 1: She looks a lot older, right.
Speaker 3: Because last we saw her was in Mexico and that was just like two years ago. And she's definitely she's like eight years old or now.
Speaker 1: But that happens these girls today, they grow fast.
Speaker 2: No, we've time jumped something, we've time jumped.
Speaker 1: I don't know that. That punk energy from Brandon really irritated me because I guess he didn't learn anything from the shooting.
Speaker 2: I was way too sideways on the whole, Like this is ridiculous because the minute Iris called Dylan, it's not like Dylan is not communicating with Iris. Come exactly the minute she's like, she's run away with this boyfriend. I think they're in la he immediately would go find her and take her. This is just a bar fetched. And who stole all your stuff? Is it him? Or is it Rigs?
Speaker 1: Who stole the desktop? That's what I want to know.
Speaker 2: Whops don and the television laptop.
Speaker 1: It's a giant monitor and then the big like giant Apple Apple. But then they just they took everything out of the house.
Speaker 2: Also, Erica's not doing that. She's not doing that. She's not going to do that.
Speaker 3: No, she did do it, but it's just like nothing tracks, It's just it's dumb.
Speaker 2: Wait, Lorraine's texting us some pictures here, Michael Patrick King. What's he doing, Lorraine? So? Mike Michael Patrick King from Sex and the City is in this picture. What is he doing? Well, he's not credited at all, but he's in that you know fashion shoot that don as we oh he as an actor? Yes? Wow? Are you sure? Are we sure that's him? That does look like him. I cannot find any evidence that that was him, but he was working with Darren Starr at the time and it looks like him.
Speaker 3: Riggs we know who Riggs is and Pam and all those people. But he's just sort of a background actor. But that's a bit doo. That's pretty good anyway.
Speaker 2: Back on, So, look, people come at me, but I just find this stupid. The storyline is stupid.
Speaker 1: I'm just like, you have people coming at you. I have a question. What are people what's the take on our Shenanigan says.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me tell you.
Speaker 3: The Brady Bunch recap show is the people want it. They each week we get more and more and more and more.
Speaker 2: Now I will say, there's always like one person that's like, please stop talking about the Brady Bunch. Yeah, but there's majority won it. The other thing is they say for the most part, season eight is very bad.
Speaker 3: They're like, you're not wrong, and like it's only going to get worse from here and please stay focused.
Speaker 2: They want us to try to stay focused.
Speaker 1: Oh god, it's.
Speaker 2: Hard, but we're trying.
Speaker 3: And also they feel the podcasts are getting shorter, which I don't agree. Maybe it's just that we're so entertaining they feel like, by yeah, I think they're.
Speaker 2: Kind of the same.
Speaker 3: Anyway, I started doing a deep dive because I'm like, do we I mean, Erica McKay's around for a bit, but like, I can't remember if we see her again when Dylan comes back?
Speaker 1: Wait, do we see her ever again? After this?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Okay, the time jump is insane. She's not the same actor and she was literally nine. It's been seven years and it's been two. It's just it's not it's just.
Speaker 2: I don't like it.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what val is. This is another thing to add to Vow's lists of uh not very good equalities. She's not a good uh watch her out her. She's not a good babysitter for Erica. Like they literally just left and said, well you watch over Erica.
Speaker 2: Correct, They literally tell her and then she immediately leaves.
Speaker 1: She tries to have like talk with her and Nolie.
Speaker 2: Thornton, which one is the one that's the current.
Speaker 1: Erica is the earlier one.
Speaker 2: Oh bummer? Okay, who's the current one?
Speaker 1: The current one is Jonah Jonah Stuart Bowden.
Speaker 2: We need her to find out if she thinks this is ridiculous. She probably was just stoked because she's in a bunch of episodes.
Speaker 1: Okay, she's coming back. Good to know.
Speaker 2: We switched to Steve and Carly. Yes, so all of a sudden Carly.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: First of all, Carly engages way too much with the customers at the peach pit.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Watch why she's so dang hospitable? Like, why she's so smiley and friendly all the time?
Speaker 2: People are like, can I have a coffee? And She's like, tell me live story? That's a little weird, are you? Okay? Forgive me for asking.
Speaker 1: Well, first of all, who's this lady sitting at?
Speaker 2: What where?
Speaker 1: Did you tell baby Mama? Yeah?
Speaker 2: But who is she?
Speaker 1: Where did this come from?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Have we met her before?
Speaker 1: No, I've never seen her before.
Speaker 2: She's the one that he Have we seen her?
Speaker 1: We have not seen her as far as I'm concerned.
Speaker 2: Jessica Collins plays Jody Carlyle.
Speaker 1: Oh, Jody Carlyle is the character. Okay, well she comes out of the word work, which is as things do, especially things like this, I have your baby.
Speaker 2: Confusing.
Speaker 1: But yeah, we never saw her before, so I don't know if I believe this that she has.
Speaker 2: She just came in nowhere.
Speaker 1: It's like exhausting, but you never know what that guy, you know?
Speaker 2: And then like Carly is kind of like I've been staying away from you and I'm just like what is how he is this all in one episode? And then first of all, when Steve goes over there to say like I'm in basically I want to beat with both of you.
Speaker 3: Oh, first of all, I think Steve overreacted on Dad's soccer day way too much.
Speaker 1: I'm like they made it a little more uncomfortable than it really needed to go out.
Speaker 2: Dude, it's fine. But the scene on the front porch, who am I? You're you? You're Steve and I'm just talking to the air. There is a good number of full minute where Carly is facing camera and Steve is behind her, and she's having a conversation with him, very dramatic conversation, not looking at him like a soap opera Like it's like, you know, and soap operas, how they go.
Speaker 1: Like, okay, okay, okay. Maybe I have an idea. Maybe it's because the production was running behind. They only had time for one shot and she had to cheat to the camera.
Speaker 2: Well, this is inside info that I really like, because I was like, this is absurd. You're literally having the most important conversation of your relationship and she's just like this.
Speaker 1: Sometimes they ask you to do that, like can you just cheat your looks so we can see two eyes because we don't have time to move the camera for another angle.
Speaker 2: Imagine you'll be like.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me try to do that. It always feels uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: See my water bottle, that's Steve.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's looking out onto the onto the night air.
Speaker 2: Yes, and see exactly, and she's just like this.
Speaker 1: I'm like, bottom dolla. That's why that took.
Speaker 2: Me out because I was like, I'm sorry, turn around. I was so like, please, lady, turn up. Although I do like her.
Speaker 1: Are we feeling a chemistry between Steve and Carly Kiev? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Little first of all, yes, and this is my thing. I thought she was. I thought this was the end and she left. I didn't realize she's got like five more episodes because I'm like, I know she leaves.
Speaker 1: I'm already upset that I know this isn't gonna work out.
Speaker 2: Correct, they should have made this work. Firing Hillary Swank was rude. That's what I'm gonna say.
Speaker 3: She is doing all your dirty work here, guys, and she's doing it well. You're making her stare at the air and it's like you're giving her kind of weird crap to do.
Speaker 2: I'm over it. She's doing good.
Speaker 1: I mean, I honestly think she has a nice beefy roll. This is an interesting storylin.
Speaker 2: To express, So like, why do they get rid of her?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Annoying?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think we're going to get some insight on that as it happens in real time.
Speaker 3: Noah, I'm just going backwards. So Noah gets arrested. If you are rich, do you not call your family lawyer immediately and not Brandon Walsh?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Why is Brandon feel there's so much ridiculousness happening?
Speaker 1: So true?
Speaker 3: The fact that I'm going to side with Donna that when she finds out first of all, she's like, what, my chip's over drawn?
Speaker 1: Do we have to stop at the top? We have to start at the top with the Donna David Okay, Okay, I'm sorry because take me back, take me back, okay Donna. First of all, First of all, we see David. He's in the peach bit. And then we meet a guy named Dan. Never seen him before.
Speaker 2: Well, Dan and the bar back kind of guy.
Speaker 1: I kind of like him, but I've never isn't it like usually haughty girls.
Speaker 3: I was like, you know, this guy seems nice, although he's hooking you up with like a complete loan shark.
Speaker 1: Okay, So that happens. Then Donna comes in and says in a completely inappropriate line. Dam She says, hey, Dan, like they go wait back if they hung out. Okay. Then she calls him. She calls David a slave driver. I'm quoting, I.
Speaker 2: Know, I know, was like, cringe, cringe.
Speaker 1: My hair is all stood up. I didn't like it at all, and I all felt her uncomfortableness saying it a little bit.
Speaker 2: But she's got a gig for the head and I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, yes, use that money, dude, right, why is he I mean, I guess it's not enough.
Speaker 2: I guess it's only a couple grand and he needs ten mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: And then here we go, Here we go, Donna, Donna, Donna, why won't you learn? Yeah, now your boyfriend is being a dick again left and right, But yet you go out of your way to go lingerie shopping again. Which, by the way, did young girls wear lingerie in the nineties and bras shorts? I don't know anyway, But Donna goes out of her way again to fix this relationship or to like basically, uh not acknowledge how volatile he is, how up and down, back and forth, inconsistent he is, Like, why is she the one.
Speaker 2: She's about to have had it? Because, first of all, nothing leads me more than at the lingerie store. First of all, paying my check?
Speaker 1: Who does that? Wait? Can you do that? Can you pay for the things? Check?
Speaker 2: Then you sure could? The check machine.
Speaker 1: Room, I've never seen that before.
Speaker 2: The lordstrum in the nineties. I believe we put that thing.
Speaker 1: Whom it sucked it through right.
Speaker 2: And it somehow knows if you have money or something. I guess I don't know. And then she's like, you're this check won't clear.
Speaker 1: That was high tech.
Speaker 2: I can't be overdrawn. I love the check right writing the check. She has lovely penmanship, too, So then we jumped to the to the beach apartment.
Speaker 1: Here's the question. Do banks send you an envelope.
Speaker 2: Full of your They used to?
Speaker 3: Now they do not, don't clear, No, they send you back all your checks?
Speaker 1: They do?
Speaker 2: They did then yeah, and then finally you tell them please stop, like it's crazy. I used to get so. But first of all, I just love that she's like, oh, here's my male. Yay.
Speaker 3: The thing on top is all my checks, So now I can solve this mystery. So of course she's like going through her checks. Dump dun dah, he forged my thing. Yeah, first of all, that's like a complete crime. Now she's right to be mad and kind of dump him.
Speaker 1: I mean she is she right to say I loved you, I trusted you. You're a liar.
Speaker 3: Well, what went through my mind is she's going to marry this guy later, I because she just gets over the criminal behavior first.
Speaker 1: It's the addiction. It's been through so much, what this guy really has. I hope it works out for these kids, really, but I do. But right after she said I loved you, I trusted you, You're a liar. David goes on to give an exceptional speech, but I don't know.
Speaker 2: I went out on that.
Speaker 1: Do you think just like words blah blah blah, justification? Oh shut up? Is this I'm wondering though? Is this in the moment a normal reaction from Donna about the check, like her reaction when he walks away and she's crying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so? What would be like very hurt by that?
Speaker 1: If if my boyfriend really.
Speaker 2: Stole money from me and wrote a check, I mean.
Speaker 1: That's like zero two over two grand, which is like.
Speaker 2: A lot, then yeah, it would be pretty It would be hard to come back from.
Speaker 3: That, if you ask me, if she does, he should have just asked her for the money.
Speaker 1: Maybe this is the straw that's going to break them up for a while, and then she's gonna get with Noah, Right, I think I'm right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you are.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Oh, it's so fun to predict the future.
Speaker 2: We've got more Erica. I think we've got more Rigs.
Speaker 1: We have two more episodes with the pregnant Lady too. Yeah, Jody, she's she's gonna be in two more episodes. I have zero recollection of this whatsoever?
Speaker 2: You know, Lindsay Price is coming soon? Oh thank goodness, Like Carl and Lindsey have like episodes together.
Speaker 1: I feel like, huh, yeah, that's Aco Taco, don't you think?
Speaker 2: Do you remember working with Hillary Swank if you're parently in scenes with her? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I do remember working with Hillary. She was lovely.
Speaker 3: Do you guys remember when she went on to win an oscar? Were you guys like what?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I remember definitely seeing what was the name of the movie.
Speaker 2: Like pretty Boys Don't Lie? Is what I want to say.
Speaker 1: Boys don't lie. Not pretty boys, No, just boys, boys don't lie. I remember seeing the movie and being so stoked.
Speaker 2: Boys don't cry, boys don't cry. I think it's boys don't cry, boys don't cry, not boys don't lie. I don't know what it is.
Speaker 1: Oh god, Hilary shouldn't do either.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it might be boys don't Lie, Hillary Swank Oscar, boys don't cry. Okay, boys don't cry. Okay, I had it.
Speaker 1: I used to show bizins because why wait, wait, wait, wait, pause for a moment, Randall C. James, why do you remember the name of that movie so well? Well?
Speaker 4: Because we actually put her in that movie?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we represented Hillary and all during the nine two Days.
Speaker 1: God he knows all the secrets.
Speaker 2: Then Randy, we to hold back vital information.
Speaker 1: Sorry, it's as if you haven't been listening to us pod the last three weeks. And I talk about with Jenny Garth and Tory Spelling, Amy, what do you give this episode? Just rate it right now.
Speaker 2: Assessing my gut reaction is sort of an. They have some problems with it that I don't think people are gonna like, but I'm going to just express them.
Speaker 1: I have some problems as well, but I'm going to give it a seven, A little boring.
Speaker 3: It's good. It's a good episode. First of all, where to begin? I have a Hillary swank thing and I have an Erica thing?
Speaker 2: Well, where do you?
Speaker 1: Okay, which character do you want to?
Speaker 2: First?
Speaker 1: We gotta give them the synopsis.
Speaker 2: We got to tell them all, okay, fine, that's true, true, True, trip true.
Speaker 1: Welcome everybody to another episode of nine two one OMG, and you guessed it. It's me Jenny and Amy today tours out six, So we are going to hold down the fort for her, but we miss her. So we're talking today about season eight, episode nine, Friends. Season eight episode nine, Friends, Lovers and Children, which aired November fifth, nineteen ninety seven. Give us that synopsis.
Speaker 3: Amy Llori is begging for forgiveness, but Noah doesn't care. He doesn't only have barnacles. He's an actual oil air.
Speaker 2: Dylan's little Dylan's little sister is spotting on the streets. Steve and Carly finally hit the sheets. That's hard to say, David. It's a loan shark to save the After dark, Dinah finds her check book and realizes her boyfriend is So she was your client and did you get her on nine o two and oh?
Speaker 4: Yes, she she was signed by one of somebody else who worked with me, who was absolutely dedicated to her, like obsessed with her, thought that she was fantastic.
Speaker 2: Well they were right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I will admit that I didn't.
Speaker 2: I didn't necessarily see it at the time.
Speaker 3: Then, so then she gets fired from nine o two and oh and your co worker gets her.
Speaker 2: Boys don't cry and she wins an oscar. Were you like, Oh, well I had it wrong?
Speaker 1: Oh one, Yeah, I mean I give him plans for that. Yeah, what do I know?
Speaker 4: Well, I knew what I was doing when I when I signed Jenny Garth.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you that you did, Yes, I sure did, But you blew Hillary swanks. You didn't make a good call on that because you might have wanted to like be on that.
Speaker 1: But wait, wait, wait, did you represent her at the time that she company did?
Speaker 2: Sounds like a ken It was my company? Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, did your employee represent her when she won the oscar?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: Well, here's the thing, what I'm going to say. I'm enjoying her performance.
Speaker 4: No, absolutely, she said, she said absolutely, a very very talented actress.
Speaker 2: There's no question about that.
Speaker 3: And I know you want to kind of blew it by like messing it up. I feel like she could have gone the distance.
Speaker 1: Why, Randy, why do you think her character didn't stay or what was it? Do you know why she was let go or she quit whatever happened the show?
Speaker 4: You know what, I've got to rearrange my sock drawer.
Speaker 2: I'm oh, Randy does not want to answer. Tory will tell us, Tory will be back to tell us.
Speaker 1: I'm excited to see if Tory's story in Randy's story.
Speaker 2: Well that's a good one. Yeah.
Speaker 3: My gut feeling is it's the storyline. And fans did not resonate. They did not like this storyline like they.
Speaker 4: Did not Yeah, I honestly is to sort of simplify it. I just think, and I would like to hear what Tory's take on it in terms of what her dad might have said. I just don't think they really knew where to go with it and what to do with her ultimately.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and fans didn't like it.
Speaker 3: They were like because they also started her off so grouchy, and I still think that was a problem. Now that she's coming around and she's sweet, it's almost like the damage is done. And in my opinion, this is all just me completely making this up. The producers, even though she's coming around now and we like her more, are just listening to the problems from the beginning and reacting to that.
Speaker 1: Maybe they're trying to course correct and it's just a little yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Think for them to try to rehabilitate this character that the audience never really well.
Speaker 3: Remember they tried it with Jamie Walters and they didn't. It didn't work either, and they did the same thing.
Speaker 2: They just are liken bye. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wait, Randy stam for a second, So I was for some reason. Oh, I hate myself for admitting this. I scrolled on my Instagram, which is something I am really trying not to do I just I try not to do that, but for some reason I did it for a split second and I scrolled upon the other There might be more, but the other OMG podcasts that we know of with Larry.
Speaker 2: I mean the nine o two one podcasts. We're the OMG podcast.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, whatever it's called. It's the other one that I've been on. All the cast has been on, a lot of fans have been on, a lot of people have been on. Yeah, but I caught a clip of our friend who plays Susan.
Speaker 2: Susan. Yeah, I remember Susan. We like her, Susan. I'll get her name.
Speaker 1: Keep going, Okay, So Wallfield, Emma, Emma call Field. And in this clip, she was describing a moment where she met Luke Perry in the hallways of the dressing rooms and he, you know, came up and put his arm around her and he said to her, how are the bitches treating you? Oh? No, or something like that.
Speaker 2: By the way, she was she was also a client of ours. Oh my god, my god, did you have the whole cast? Randy?
Speaker 4: I believe that.
Speaker 2: Oh, Daniel Cosgrove, he's coming.
Speaker 1: Out another one. Why did you just hang out and poach people on the set exactly.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 2: It was a great way for me to find talent clients.
Speaker 3: Will bother you because to me, it just feels like, you know what I'm saying, like it did honestly hurt my feelings.
Speaker 1: A little bit because she made a face like as if like it's not they're not being great.
Speaker 2: So well, that part's more hurtful because I feel like Luke saying it is like, oh, those bitches treating you like it's just being fun, you know.
Speaker 1: No, I'm mad that he would reference us on me, his cast members and basically sisters at this point as bitches, like it seems can be like with love, what's that? What's that mean? When you try to derogatory? Derisive? Decisive? No, divisive? Yeah, it doesn't feel kind.
Speaker 4: I never heard any just I'm going on record, I never heard anything from Emma from Emma about her feeling like she was not treated well in the show.
Speaker 1: I'm just wondering if what I led from her reaction, I just made me think I would try need.
Speaker 2: To let that bother you though, because that would be me like going, well, everything bothers me. I cry over the comments, but I'm so thick skined now, I'm Luke was just going like, mows, bitch, just treat me, you know, like just being funny because it be funny like that.
Speaker 1: I like it. Oh, it made me never want to listen to that podcast. It's not their fault in my mind, it's their fault.
Speaker 2: Because maybe he was sort of trying to be disarming, like you're new, don't worry about it, like, you know, just being a little bit funny sometimes really can work for me.
Speaker 1: The prob reason it bothers me is because it makes me feel like it's it's perpetuating the a narrative right right that the media really pushed hard on.
Speaker 3: So let me let me ask you this question. I'm just throw an idea out to you. Say you were on a set and you were on the set of the Handsome Men's Club.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm just making up something that's just all boys, right, And Jimmy Kimmel goes, hey, Jenny, how's this boy's club treating you? You'd be like, like, I.
Speaker 3: Feel like he's just kind of breaking the ice by sort of saying it that way. It doesn't really mean bitches.
Speaker 1: I think I'm just sensitive to the labeling and the narrative.
Speaker 2: That was so.
Speaker 1: Just stereotype.
Speaker 2: And but if you said, how's that sorority treating you? How would you feel?
Speaker 1: Fine? It's not it's not a derogatory word associated with the sorority, right.
Speaker 2: I think he's sort of was saying, like, it's a tight knit group of women here, they're very tight and you're the newcomer. How's that going?
Speaker 1: You know what, I'm going to do some talking tonight to mister Perry and we're gonna I'm gonna get the answers. I'm gonna channel. I need to speak to you, sir, Please explain to me why.
Speaker 2: I definitely think he meant it in a break the eyes kind of way. I can't speak for no.
Speaker 1: I just I can't imagine it that way. But it just was like, that's not cool.
Speaker 3: Also, first of all, if you are a tight group of people and there's a newcomer, you're gonna be nice, but you're you're gonna still like get to know them. So maybe also it was like maybe it was our first day with her. Correct, That's what I'm saying. It's like, you're still gonna get to know somebody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, and he stole his girlfriend's chick book and wrote a check. You gotta be like, I gotta get to know you.
Speaker 1: I'll let it go.
Speaker 2: It'll linger for a bit, but you can explore it.
Speaker 1: That's why you don't scroll people.
Speaker 3: I also, I'm going to say this, I think, okay, this is a real statement I'm making. Whether y'all were bitches or not, you would be perceived as bitches. It's the nature that's sort of what you're saying, is like, even if you all were just sweet as pie, any newcomer coming into a group of tight tight people, especially tight tight women, it takes a minute to like infiltrate, But like Kathleen infiltrated Tiffany, everybody.
Speaker 2: Gets in but it just takes maybe a second. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't remember ever having a single problem with Emma. I'm sure you didn't, but maybe we should have her own and ask her for sure.
Speaker 3: Because my thing is like, you know, if there's a lunch table filled with girls, they don't just like to let you into the table like that's just a name.
Speaker 1: I mean they didn't then, nature like they didn't do you think girls that age do that now?
Speaker 3: I don't know what.
Speaker 1: I don't know I feel as a woman now that story.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think actually we've course corrected so much. I do feel like, yeah, we've course corrected so much that if a new girl came in, then it's like you'd be like.
Speaker 2: Cops with us. I think, like sit with us as sort of the now, but then you'd be like maybe a little weary, weary. I don't know if the worst theory or.
Speaker 1: And as I talked about, I talked about this in my book that's coming out about how all of that was because of where I was personally. If there was ever any like weird vibes or whatever feeling of competition amongst other women, that was all inside my brain. So I'm sure there are times when that manifested on my face or on my reactions, you know, because I know during that time my head was just swimming with like I'm not good enough, I'm replaceable, and you know, the next girl in could have my job well.
Speaker 3: And I'm sure they all felt that way, and for them it was true because they would come in and a few lucky ones Tiffany, Kathleen stayed, but otherwise think about it, Susan became the next Tracy Who's become Carly Who.
Speaker 2: And you're just like, it's a revolving door. So as an actor, you'd be so terrified.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's weird. It's all layered.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because they probably brought like stand off as scared energy to because they're like, uh, am I gonna get am I gonna be here one episode or I'm supposed to be here twenty Are they gonna let me go in the middle?
Speaker 1: Like I don't know.
Speaker 2: Wow, well, guess what everybody who thinks this show, this podcast has gotten short.
Speaker 1: You're long? Wait wait, wait, I have one thing to say about the episode. I just want to say that the award for the worst cliffhanger goes to Pam the social worker when she says when Brandon says, you're not serious, and Pam says, I'm dead serious, fade to black. Sorry, guys, we gotta be real here, we gotta be real mess like they'll give it up.
Speaker 5: And he was like, because I like really enjoyed it. I enjoy it, but I'm also like this is so dumb. Stole all their stuff, Like, yeah, what's gonna happen?
Speaker 2: That's the other thing.
Speaker 3: Sorry, but they like actually got her out and they're going to take care of her, and then she's just like on the horn right away to the boyfriend, get over here, let's steal all their stuff.
Speaker 2: What Eric, what Erica?
Speaker 1: Are they going to get a new computer? Perhaps they'll update it, That's what I'm looking for.
Speaker 2: But like Erica knows better. That's why I'm like, this is dumb. This girl would not do She doesn't know any better.
Speaker 1: She isn't. She does Lady of the Night now.
Speaker 2: But she isn't because this is stupid. She isn't because they are messed up.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I wanted to see her like on the drugs or something.
Speaker 2: I wanted to see her thriving. This is so ridiculous.
Speaker 1: I guess that's a better way to see her.
Speaker 3: Dylan's sister is not doing this. It's absolutely not happening. So that's my problem with it, is like, how dare you she was?
Speaker 1: But things happened, Amy, It's an ugly, ugly world out there.
Speaker 2: She was smart and Iris was taking good care of her, and Dylan is not has not abandoned her, So that's my beef. It doesn't do. It doesn't serve Dylan properly this storyline. And that's why I'm like, how dare you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Ana of a brother that doesn't care about his sins.
Speaker 3: And that's not that's not that's not the case. So I'm like, this doesn't track. This is holy ridiculous. I don't like it, So be mad at me.
Speaker 2: Write mean things about my Brady Bunch rewatch show. I want to have to do what you gotta do to feel better.
Speaker 3: But I stand on this platform and say the writers did us all dirty because Dylan's sister, Dylan would not.
Speaker 2: Have allowed it.
Speaker 1: He wouldn't have no way.
Speaker 2: The minute she even got the bad boyfriend Dylan's in Hawaii. It's just not happening.
Speaker 1: And so I am right about this, Amy.
Speaker 3: I'm plucking this dumb storyline from my brain because it's dumb.
Speaker 2: And it's not how it would go.
Speaker 1: Does it go on? Is she on?
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's like a few more episodes of it. Okay maybe, and then Dylan. I don't want to say I won't, but like, come on, I'm so mad.
Speaker 1: I actually was mad.
Speaker 2: I was like, this is not I'm ignoring this.
Speaker 1: I'm really sorry. I'll leave you in a bad mood about this, but next week.
Speaker 2: Fine, because it's just going to block it because it's just ridiculous.
Speaker 1: You're right, let it go, Let let it go. Yeah uh next week, episode ten, Child of the Night, No boy, I'm sorry, but we're not gonna be able to let it go. Looks like it's gonna stay. Or it could be Steve's baby. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I still give it an eight, stupid eight, but.
Speaker 1: I still give it a seven and a half. Yeah. That's it you guys this week. We will see you next week. Hi, guys,