Speaker 1: Many mores, and then that you choose Canada banatisms all.
Speaker 2: Pass the real neighborhood from all the way.
Speaker 1: Around the world. It steptacle and maybe checked the backs, put your better believe because I haven't big news charticle, and maybe checked the backs at the stranger that the true driving me, but Dallas Baby put Dallas Banlan, thena driving me, but Dalla's baby put Dadas Bandada, and driving me but Dallas Baby put DAAs Bandela better driving me But.
Speaker 3: Guys, gals, non binary pals, Welcome to a bananimals bonusode.
Speaker 4: These little bonies are just because we want to help you get through your week and feel good about it. Have us a little extra something to look forward to, to break up the monotony that is being alive.
Speaker 3: This is a little holiday bonusode. It is, isn't it. I hope you're having a good little break, a good little break getting away. Maybe you're driving somewhere right now.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm this one. We have no idea if this is family friendly, so I would assume not. Most of the time these this is an adult podcasts for mature adults. We did get a season recap from Spotify. The podcast is growing folks. It's getting bigger. So thanks to all the Bananamals out there. But I was it was funny Kurt that our listenership, I won't say exact numbers, but I will say we got the millennials on Lockdown. Yeah, the percentage of millennials.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, okay, this is US millennials and Gen X too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they love us.
Speaker 3: Thank you, we appreciate it, and I love them I doing it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a fun one to do. So I just got back from Phoenix, Arizona.
Speaker 3: You did, Why were you in Phoenix, Arizona.
Speaker 4: Well, I was at a dinner, a birthday party dinner about a month ago, and I was at a table with my friend and you know him, also, Adam Ray, the comedian. Ye, really nice guy, one of the nicest, funniest people in comedy. And I was sitting with me and his wife, Amanda, and he was like, dude, I'm doing a tour of Doctor Phil Live. And have you seen Adam doing this? Yeah? So Adam Ray, for those who don't know, and I'm sure almost all of you do, because if you have social media, you're aware of this. He dresses up full Doctor Phil suit, mustache, bald cap everything, and then performs a live version of you know, his version of the Doctor Phil Show. And it is so funny, it's incredible, and so I was like, where are you doing the next ones? He's like, well, I'm doing a really good one in Phoenix at the Celebrity Theater. And I've always wanted to see comedy at the Celebrity Theater. George Carlin did a special there, like it's that round theater in the round sits about three thousand people, and so I was like, well, come out. So I flew out just to hang with them, and they put me on the list. My buddy Norman got me in there, and so I had the day to myself having fun. And I'm like, what do I want to do? Because Phoenix, and you may know this, Curt Phoenix has some of the best bars in America.
Speaker 3: I did not know that.
Speaker 4: I think it's a fairly recent last ten fifteen years thing because of global warming and climate change, that it is now an insufferable hell escape for about six months a year, like in the one twenties, no water never rains. It was over one hundred degrees one hundred days in a row last year, So some wise people started making the list bars. You can imagine, and I talked about being on the train bar before, where it felt like you were on a train car. So I'm you know, I'm I'm at my hotel. It's got the south door bar space. I'm just googling best new bars, best new bars, and I saw this one called Carrie On, which is like the inside of a high end private plane. So when you're on it, you feel like you're on a plane. What the servers are just like flight attendants that have drink cars. Yeah, it seats well, it's big enough to stand up, but it is round shape like a fuselage of a plane, with plane sized windows at each table, and then all the windows have sinked monitors, high toft screens. That it's a flight from San Francisco to Mexico City. So the plane takes off. It's really cool. So I go and I see Adam's show as Doctor Phil Live and it destroys in a way that I haven't seen a comedy show destroy wal like ninety minute show, maybe more like crushingly and Adam could not be funnier at it taught a lot of fan interaction, good guess all that stuff. The best was early in the show. I got a feel for who the audience was. When he's doing some crowd work and there's a dude, a white dude in late twenties on a date. He's wearing a turtleneck and which is just a turtle neck, which is a bold choice. Yeah, yeah, some people look very If you're Idris Alba, wear that turtleneck, Yep, you look good. If you're you and me, it looks like the rest of our clothes blew away in a tornado and we're wearing long John's. This is this is all we got. It's like, hey, season screetings. So this guy's wearing a turtleneck front row and he goes where you're from, Bud and the guy goes Los Angeles, and three thousand people boo so hard, really like boo, like boo, And so then you just start laughing, and you know, doctor Phil covers and all that stuff, and it was got some laughs out of it. And I think one other time somebody mentioned southern California and it was like boo. It was incredible. So I'm like, thank god Adam wasn't trying to be funny and talk directly to me. I just like sunk lower in my seat. That's so crazy. I mean, like, you know, people hate LA, but then when you really hear it, you're like boom, all right.
Speaker 3: So it's a specific set of people who hate LA and hate California, and it's so funny to hate Californian. It's like choosing the most beautiful place in all of America. Be like, that's the that's the devil. That's the devil, and it's like we're all.
Speaker 4: Our delicious food grows. We hate these people.
Speaker 3: All our technology comes from.
Speaker 4: All the entertainment that we've defined our own personalities by. We're written by these idiots that we think are gross in California. As so, show's great hanging out backstage, Adam's like, dude, I do a meet and greet. It usually takes two hours, So why don't you just go to the after party bar? And I'm like, where is it? He goes, it's this new bar called carry On. It's an airplane. I go, are you serious? Because I couldn't get in tickets released on Mondays. This was like a Friday night show and I was on the flight Friday And he goes, yeah, I'm the voice of the pilot that says, ladies and gentlemen, welcome to blah blah blah. We'll be flying for San Francisco. The average flight time is it? So Adam Ray is the vo in of the pilot, the fake pilot on the plane bar. Okay, So the owners let him have the VIP after party there because it's a brand new bar and it is so cool.
Speaker 1: I go in.
Speaker 4: The flight attendants are these two beautiful women who stop by your table. We're all chit chatting all the comics and stuff, and then they're like, can I make you a martini, sir? And then they shake you on martini right there next to you. So table side martinis.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that's so great.
Speaker 4: Then two people as pilots, as captains, you know, full ensemble, are serving chicken nuggets, homemade chicken nuggets with caviar on them that you Kurt, you, I've thought about you instantly. I'm like, Kurt would eat five hundred of these were so good and I hadn't eaten all day. And then so they're serving amazing food, they're making drinks and then you don't have to get up, and Adam's doing the signing, and then before I know, it's two thirty in the morning. Bar. Every other bar in the city is probably closed, but because we were so hidden away in this secret little bar, and so I'm like, all right, time to lift and get out of here. So I say my goodbyes, I hit lyft and then I get a message on my phone and I just see the thing and it says I'm your driver, brave man, and I go here we go. I'm like, of course this happens. So then the next and so I check it. I'm like, oh, I think my driver's here. And I walk outside and it just says have arrived. So notifications are I'm your driver, brave man, how arrived?
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: So I'm looking for a red car and I walk outside. I say goodbye Adam, say goodbye to Amanda. And then I spot my guy and he's waving. He's out of his car. He's like two blocks away, just cruise right by. So then I so, now it's two thirty, it's two fifteen in the morning, and I am nine thousand chicken nuggets drunk, and I've had so many martinis it's unthinkable. Because they're bringing them to my chair. Yeah. So I look at the lift app it loads, and my driver's name is Brave Man. All one word.
Speaker 3: Oh oh that's his name. Oh oh, okay, I didn't know that man has arrived. Okay, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Brave Man's in a Corolla. I walk out.
Speaker 3: Every Brex is a Corolla.
Speaker 4: Great car, great car. I my first car was a champagne colored Corolla. Great.
Speaker 3: Nice Honda Civic for me.
Speaker 4: I bet they're still out there driving. That's the thing about Honda Civic. And toward Akrola, they go twenty five thirty years, no problem. Great in the snow too. And so I walked this long distance and Brave Man is laughing as I approach. I'm not I'm not stumbling drunk. I'm not doing that tripp. I'm not tripping. There's nobody else on the street downtown Phoenix, just me and Brave Man and a red crowler. And he goes, hello, sir, I'm Brave Man. I'm your driver. I go, hey, Brave Man, what's up? And he goes, I see you with a beautiful woman and I go yeah. He goes, and she's not coming back to the hotel with you, haha. And he's laughing. I go, well, did you see the guy next to him? That's the beautiful woman's husband. So he just blanked out the other guy and saw Amanda and me, even though her husband was directly next to us, and the guy I know better. So then I get in the car and as we're driving the hotel, he says, I said, Brave Man. That's a pretty cool name. He goes, it is brave. You want me to tell you how to turn off your camera? Yep? What does that mean? He goes, so you must have another woman waiting for you back at the hotel room. And I go, no, I don't. He goes, you're going home alone. I go yes, I am, and he goes, oh, man, what you need to do is you need to learn how to turn off the camera. So when your woman wants to FaceTime you in your hotel room, you can say I don't know how to turn my camera on, because she's gonna want you to show her your entire room to make sure there's not a new girl in there. And I'm starting to understand.
Speaker 3: That is how committed relationships work. Brave man. The required show me the entire room to make sure that you're got face timing me with another person in the room with you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm starting to understand why his name was brave Man. And I was like, does this happen a lot? And he goes, he's like, just every time you say you get a new phone and you haven't updated yet, you don't know how to use your camera. I'm like, great, this is a great, great strategy, brave Man. So he drives me to my hotel and I oakingly say before I get out, hey, there's a bar here. You want to grab a drink. He goes, yeah, that sounds good, and I go, I think it's actually closed. And then I get out of the car and I look up. I'm like, yeah, they're shutdown. Thanks brave Man. He's like, Okay, don't remember the camera trick. I go, don't remember the camera trick. So now he's just reverse psychology and me or he's so mad that I invited him for a drink. I think Brave Man wanted me to bring him to the hotel room. But no, no, he did it. But it was so funny that, like I was like, of all the drivers, yeah, out here, I get this lunatic guy named well, he was at alutic he was the life of the party named Brave Man. And then I just was screenshotting all his messages everything the whole time because I'm like, this could go completely sideways. So Phoenix, I love you to everybody. Go say hi to owner Teddy at carry On. It's an incredible bar. And if Brave Man picks you up and you're not with a beautiful woman and you will feel like a loser for the next fifteen minutes. God, he was so funny, dude.
Speaker 3: Ah, here's one for Brave Man.
Speaker 4: Folks. Shout out to brave Man who did get me home safe and I do gave give him five dollars and a five star rating. Oh hell yeah, you want to do a hypothetical or yeah, hypothetical if we got one? Okay, I got a few actually. Oh Caroline Flannagan, the lovely and wonderful Caroline Flanagan sent Oh you know, we actually got this one from another person too, same question. If you were to partake in communion to you, what would your body of Christ food item be and what would your blood drink item be? Oh, she says, hers would be Core's light and tater tots.
Speaker 3: Great answer, great answer.
Speaker 4: I like that. So much worse light grape beer.
Speaker 3: I love that so much. Oh this is a great.
Speaker 4: So what if you were the body and the body and blood of Kurt or the body of blood of a Scottie. What would your my blood?
Speaker 3: I wear it for it to be I want my blood to be a vodka martini.
Speaker 4: See we're on a martini spin.
Speaker 3: You know what, Because I wanted to give a bit of a pop, you know I wanted And also I don't want it to be able to be faked like the wine was always faked.
Speaker 4: With juice and grape juice.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, And it's just like no, no, he wanted it to be wine, folks. He wanted to get a little bit drunk. Also, what a wild idea that we don't talk about enough.
Speaker 4: Very strange, and that you can just go onto Amazon and buy bags of eucharists whenever you want. There's just bags and bags of them. I'm going to hand them out of Halloween when you really spice the neighborhood up.
Speaker 3: But also the idea that like it was never there was never a thought in our minds as kids, or as eighteen year olds, or as twenty one year olds. Never a thought in our mind, is that like the religion that we had been raised in practiced cannibalism on like a base level. And then that was the originating idea of the of the of the religion, is that you actually ate the body and the blood of a human being, because that is what your Catholics believe, that it becomes the body, it becomes the blood when they do the little tinkly magic and the that is so crazy that it's all just based in cannibalism.
Speaker 4: Is wild.
Speaker 3: And then we judge like cannibalistic culture so crazily.
Speaker 4: And yeah, let's give cannibals a break. Are we really that different than the North Sentalese Islands or whatever? Are you really that different?
Speaker 3: So crazy? Okay, So that's gonna be my drink. What what are you feeling? Drink or food or bite?
Speaker 4: If I have a congregation, you know where I'm going. I'm bringing out a big dog ballful of ice and ice cold rumplements, and everybody's gonna be if you come to the Church of Scottie, you're gonna dog ball some rumple.
Speaker 3: You're gonna dog ball some rumple.
Speaker 4: They're also gonna be drunk within a shot and have incredibly fresh breath exactly.
Speaker 3: Oh and I think I do know my my my food item. Okay, it is a Ruffles plane ridged Ruffles have ridges plain potato chip with a dollup of full fat sour cream and a little spoonful a little spoonful of of caviar on top.
Speaker 4: God, I mean, that's why I knew you would love that nugget.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 4: It was a it was a homemade chicken nugget with a dollup of sour cream and caviar on it. I like, I ate like ten because also the drunk you're getting and if they don't have peanuts on that flight, I'm gonna be eat in the caviar nugget.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 4: So that's my so specific and beautiful. I think I'll go dog bowl rumple for my blood and and uh and you know, for for my not drinking sober parishioners, I'll just have some listerine, yes, basically the same. So just a nice chilled shot of dog bowld listerine.
Speaker 3: It would be really funny that listerine is my blood. Don't drink it, wash your mouth, spit it on the ground.
Speaker 4: I once read and anybody who works in marketing or advertising or academia. I once read that the concept of bad breath was invented by Listine in advertising, like everybody halatosis? Was that true? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the idea that that it was a medical condition called halatosis. They made that up. That's incredible, that's incredible, right, bad breath always existed because people smell bad, but.
Speaker 4: Teeth rotted out of their heads by their twenties, which is good for good for you know, fluoride in the water and stuff. And then I think my food would be. Man, I'm so tempted to say a party sub and you just pass out a little slivered everybody. But I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go just a tray of seven layer dip. I'm going rumpled seven layer dips, so everybody can take a scoop of whatever combination they want of those seven layers. I like that.
Speaker 3: I enjoy that a lot.
Speaker 4: You're going to church every week, you know you might some people put black olives on them. Get that that seven and a half layer. But you say you just want cheese and bean, I got your cup. You want sauce and guac. The choice is yours. So yeah, I'm going dog ball and rumple and seven layer dip Dealer's choice.
Speaker 3: I love that so much. But you mentioned party sub six foot party sub classic. Here's what I want to recommend. This is my six foot party sub recommendation because when you cut a foot party sub into eatable sub, yeah, it's size and it can't eat it because it's now you're holding the thinnest wedge of bread and it all just the shit just falls out. It's impossible to eat. So here's what my suggestion is. And I don't know if it's possible, but if you can cut lengthwise first, so you cut from tip to tail, cut it the whole thing in half, and then cut it and you give people larger pieces, but it's only half the bread.
Speaker 4: I understand what you're saying, and that I.
Speaker 3: Think you could hold maybe with like three fingers. Then all of a sudden you got something that you can actually eat, as opposed to it's a horrible it's a horrible situation. Look at this delightful six foot sub. You love it, you love it, you want to eat it, and you can.
Speaker 4: They are fine in Maryland. The place Santoni's Glyndon, Maryland did a circle sub. It's a party sub, but it's just a circle. What do you mean? Man? Thing is so good pizza? They know they bake their own round bread and so probably if you straighten it out would be like three or four feet and it's to your point. You can cut it into a wedge instead of those weird little triangle or rectangles that you can't hold onto. Also, you feel like you have to eat the party sub in normal times like corn on the cop which I love, you know, but you feel like you almost have to hold the sides and then eat the middle. Yeah, as if it's like a serial killer walked into the office party and was like, I understand how normal people do things.
Speaker 3: Also, why is it that of all the party food subs were the only one to be like, we're gonna make a six foot version of this, whereas like a pizza was never like you know what we're gonna do. We're gonna have an eighty inch pizza.
Speaker 2: You know, like no one.
Speaker 3: I guess there is one place in La that you can get that at, but like it's not a very common thing to just have like a giant round pizza.
Speaker 4: No, there's a place in La. So when I would throw those really big parties. Like those huge parties, I would buy like two or three four foot party subs from this place in my neighborhood, and I would keep them in the fridge until it got to be around eleven PM. Then I would just put all three of them out on my counter at once, and people would be like, what is this, and I was like, you'll see. And then somebody makes that first cut and everybody's been drinking, everybody's on drugs, everybody's having fun, and then those subs would disappear within two hours. We're talking twelve feet a sub or out the door.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I remember I've been recently doing. I used to do just multiple crave cases of White Castle at parties, just having those show up, and like midnight or something, people go ape shit for white Castle when they're drunk.
Speaker 4: There was a great night. I remember you doing this at one of the Halloween parties and you were like, I'm gonna go get one hundred white Castle sliders and we were like, oh awesome, and the party was raging and it took so long for those to get back. By the time you came back, there were like nine people there and you know I was there by myself. It was you, me and you know, the regular crew. But then there are a lot of people there that were like, we're going to hook up. I don't know if we really need to eat a bunch of oniony sliders. And I remember one time you brought them in and I could tell in your face You're like, oh my god, the party is over and now I have one hundred and I ate so many that night, just trying to help you out. I'm like, I think this is a great idea. I love the execution here. I'm riding the f train back for forty five minutes at least, so I ate like fifteen of those things just to be like, I want Kurt to see that damage was done.
Speaker 3: This what they are. Hot, They're one of the most amazing food items. I really do believe that. And cold, they are horrified. It is like entering the birth the birth area of a of a giant alien from aliens. Like it is that upset to eat a cold a cold white castle cheap.
Speaker 4: Yeah I missed that. I used to. It's like crystal in the South. It's like, you don't we don't have anything equivalent to out here. I'm trying to think if we have like sliders and bags out here, I don't think we'd the steamed ones. I don't think.
Speaker 3: So we can't get white Castle out here, can we.
Speaker 4: I've never seen anything close.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I also for parties would do Jersey Mike's, which is delightful because Jersey Mikes has little boxes that they put. Ye do them all and then sometimes I do uh shake shack too. That's a delight Yeah, have like one hundred shake Shack Burgers show.
Speaker 4: Up and now Shakeshacks on Delta Airlines. Delta's what put what? You can now get shake Shack Burgers on Delta Airlines?
Speaker 3: Are you when did this start?
Speaker 4: Two weeks ago? We got sent it a bunch, but it's like their new thing, and I don't know if it's just for certain classes or whatever. Probably is just for business class and they're probably just like Capital rein superior again. But yes, now they have shake Shack Burgers on deltas.
Speaker 3: I'm excited.
Speaker 4: That sounds great. Here's advice from Emma Burke, who lives in LA. If you're doing advice for the bonus episode. I live in LA and have been out of work in post production, which is editing for those who don't know since April. Have you guys ever dealt with unemployment here? And how do you handle it or keep your spirits up? It's tough? Yeah, but I think em and I exchange a couple more messages and she is like working a regular job too, like to get by, And I am very pro like, just take work. All work is noble, All work is good, keep money coming in, no matter what. But when you have a dream and you're working your career job and then you're unemployed for ten months, that's really stressful.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's incredibly stressful. Yeah, and is the question for recommendations on.
Speaker 4: What to do or yeah, what to do, not like to what career to follow, but like how do stay? How to not be depressed and bummed out about being unemployed for so long?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I mean I always find like your own personal projects is what I find to be the way I've always dealt with it. And it's just like, Okay, so I'm not getting paid, no problem, Like I'm going to now just make stuff that I want to make, and usually by making stuff it leads to work.
Speaker 4: That's a good point. Yeah, that's a good point. That's like when people always talk about like if your dating apps are so stressful and all those things, but it's like then you just go into social situation you've never been in before, and like that's when the connection happens. It's like when you're zigging, you can all sudden you're zagging. And that's actually a really good point. I would say, as Kurta and I were joking about, I think in this episode earlier, like the one thing about California, LA is very expensive, but California is very beautiful, and within two hours of the city there are incredible things to do. And I would also say on the days off, when you can find ways to travel just outside of LA even if it's locker centaur or Alta Dina, just get out of your daily routine of waking up, not having the job you want, go in the same coffee shop, going all this stuff. Just switch it up a little bit. Make a day where you go, I'm going to go to Panga today and I'm going to take a twenty minute hike and then I'm going and my whole day is just doing something I've never seen and never done before. And the good thing about California is there is stuff all over the place that you can go. Yeah, I've never done that. I'm gonna go check that out.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Go, if you're on the east side, go straight up the two, go right into Angelus National Forest.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 3: Pick a random hike and it is you. Within within five minutes, you are in the most beautiful woods that you've you've seen in southern California, and you're completely alone, and it's awesome.
Speaker 4: And I'm going to give you one that I'm going to do, maybe as soon as this week. I found out in Livermore, California, which is kind of up near San Francisco. And again, I know, gas prices are expensive, so it's not you want to dump one hundred dollars a gasoline in your car and go on a long trip. But in Livermore there is something called the Centennial light Bulb. Do you know what that is? Kurt No, I did not know what it was either. It's it is the longest burning light bulb in America. It was first lit in nineteen oh one and it has been burning now for so it's only it got turned off a couple times, but now it's one hundred and twenty years of constant illumination.
Speaker 3: Wait, I mean that's just crazy. I don't know it one light bulb, it's just light.
Speaker 4: But where is it? And it it's in Livermore? At it in a room? It's it a Yeah, it's a building that's like a museum. I think it's in like a community center or something. And it's uh, okay, here we go. It's at let me click this. Uh it is at four or five five zero East Avenue in Livermore, California. And yeah, it's fire station number six. Okay, so it's in a fire station. But uh, it's one hundred and twenty three year old light bulb and it is the oldest known continuously operating light bulb. So I'm gonna road trip just to see this light bulb, Curt.
Speaker 3: Has it's never been repaired, They've never had to replace a filament on it or no, that's the whole thing. No, I mean, like, did they turn it on in nineteen oh one and be like in one hundred years this is gonna be awesome or was it just on for like somebody forgot? Like I want to know the story. You go, you find it, give me the stort.
Speaker 4: I'm going to report back. I'm going to be a bananama in the wild. And if any other ban animals are in californ Bornia, Nevada, Oregon, wherever, and you want to do a dumb, silly bananas road trip, check out the centennial light bulb in the wonderful town of Livermore, California. Shout out to my buddy Franco Austin Wasson. You got one or you want me to do another one.
Speaker 3: I want to have the hypothetical hypothetical.
Speaker 1: M h.
Speaker 4: M hmmm. We did get quite a few of those. Let me find a good one for us here. Let me do another, Let me do it. Would you rather like hunt for hypotheticals? Would you rather have to shake hands with yourself? Oh? This was from the debonair Elliott Joyce. Would you rather have to shake hands with yourself every time you met someone? Or you have to offer your foot to them as your handshake? So yeah, you'd have to shake your own hand when you're meeting somebody, or when you meet somebody you have to offer your foot instead of your hand.
Speaker 3: I think hands shake my own hand.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, but you are comedian and you are tall, so yeah, there's a it wouldn't be that, but the shaking the hand.
Speaker 3: Shaking your own hand is quickly done and you get get it and you don't even have to address it, whereas offering your foot only it has to be a conversation every single time you gotta talk about it. Sorry, I'm in this weird. My life is cursed.
Speaker 4: Hi, I responded incorrectly years ago to a hypothetical and a podcast, and now my life is cursed. Yeah. Also there's something else, shaking your own hand that is very funny to do.
Speaker 3: Anyways, it's very funny, exactly, It's a delight. I might just start doing it.
Speaker 4: Do you think it's worse when somebody has a very soft handshake or a too hard handshake?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Great, great question? Both say so much.
Speaker 4: I know, and I know it's also a little this one goes a little different with men and women and stuff, because like, I've definitely shaking hands with women who had a extremely soft handshake and I wasn't like, what's wrong with her? Right? Yeah, But if a dude comes up to me and gives me that limp fish, I'm like, Bud, what happened?
Speaker 3: I used to do it on purpose as a funny joke with a frint with like certain people where we'd be like hi, and then we would just take our hands out and and just hang them and just kind of bump them against each other, like no one would would engage anything, and then we would just like rub them together and that would I said high to each other every single time we saw each other.
Speaker 4: I like that. I think it's worse when somebody squeezes her hand too hard. I think it is such a macho bullshit thing. And there was this dude in New York and he used to like double tap handshake you like you'd handshake, then you'd pull away, and then you'd like squeeze your fingers as you pull them away a little bit. And I was in a circle of friends and we were all meeting this dude for the first time, and he did it to me. First, I was like closest to him, and then I walked, should't do it, And then like I sho My buddy and I like looked at each other like what the hell was that, And it was almost like we wanted to fight the person. It was nuts.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, sometimes I will do a strong handshake to a man who obviously is like acting aggressive or like has like some sort of shirt on that's offensive, And sometimes I will purposefully do it, just be like I don't fuck with you.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, I know what you mean. Yeah, I think I got all the things we do. The the urinal posturing of being a man, where if you're like too close to somebody at a urinal, it's weird. That's a that's a strange dynamic man.
Speaker 3: Also the sometimes inability that I have at urinals. It doesn't happen much anymore, but he used to happen more when I was younger. Of being unable to pee because men are near me.
Speaker 4: I've heard that before and not me.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: I would always just get there and be like, ah, there's just too many dudes around here right now.
Speaker 4: I don't know. You just have to go.
Speaker 2: Great workfellas, looking good.
Speaker 4: Hey, there's a file fire in the ice cave. Oh I just had one. Let's see. Here's one for you. Here's a hypothetical. This is from the transcendent Melissa. I believe Brussard to cut your name off, but we're gonna go with Melissa Brussard. Thank you for sending this in, Kurt. If you could come back for your next life as a celebrities dog. What celebrity would you be the dog for? Oh, and Melissa said she can't decide between Oprah's or Martha's or the Queen's cor geese rest in peace the Queen.
Speaker 3: What is the like, do I understand what's happening? Or am I a dog? Is the question?
Speaker 4: Well, you know the way dogs and humans are so connected. If you if they could speak, maybe they're all just people inside there being like I'm a person. Yeah, maybe when they're barking at you, it's just a dog being like.
Speaker 3: I know what's going on here, because if it was just me just being a dog in a dog body, is that what we're gonna go with? Or is it I'm a I'm actually a dog, Like you're to kind of have a rough concept that maybe I was something previous, but I'm just a dog.
Speaker 4: I think it's more fun to have your consciousness in a dog. Okay, it's your it's your brain and experience in but you act, behave and look like a dog.
Speaker 3: Okay, I think I know what I will say? Do you have do you have a thought? First?
Speaker 4: Well, my first thought when I first read this was to be whoever the current world champion marathon runner would be because dogs seemed to love to like run, and if you were somebody that's like, hey just runs twenty six miles and two and a half hours, like that'd be a great owner. You're just like, I'm gonna run with that person every day. Yeah, But if we're doing it more like human me, I don't want to run that much very often. Yeah, So I would say celebrity is interesting too. My favorite current living celebrity is definitely John Waters. That would be a fun household to be in, a lot of weirdos, a lot of great conversation, probably would feed you very well. So I would lean towards that. I'm trying to think of what celebrity is just the known. I mean Betty White was like known, best animal owner, just loved him to death. Hmmm hm.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: The first time I ever saw a dog on a plane was Daniel Tosh had a laptock on a flight and I didn't even know as possible, and I like looked and saw the dog and was so confused, looked up and it was Daniel Tosh and I was like, well this just keeps getting stranger and walk back to my poor person seat.
Speaker 3: What a fascinating person just.
Speaker 4: Loves his dogs apparently just absolutely loves dogs. Good for him. Who doesn't love a good dog.
Speaker 3: So my first feeling was Chelsea Handler, because Chelsea hand loves dog, treats her dogs like little princes. They come to work with her, remember that, Like they're everywhere with her. They just you know, And Chelsea, you know, loves drinking, loves doing drugs, probably has a fun house, you know, so it would be fun to kind of just be a dog around there. But then I'm more thinking, like who's the most interesting person? That's right, you know, because it's because like true, I think as a dog, you're pretty happy most of the time anyway, So who's the most interesting person to.
Speaker 1: Be with?
Speaker 4: I know that's the thing about dogs. They're always just having a ball. Yeah, what they really are so fun?
Speaker 3: I would say Banksy's dog.
Speaker 4: If if you could go we're cooking there we go.
Speaker 3: If Banksy took his dog on on like when he puts stuff.
Speaker 4: Up, Yeah, Banksy's dog would be good. I was wondering if you're gonna do like a Laird Hamilton or some like Kelly Slater, like some surfer where you're like, I just go to the beach.
Speaker 3: I ever watched an interview with surfers. They are the fucking dumbest people on the planet. It is they're so happy, but they are so and they're also just like, I don't know, I gotta go. Like, especially big wave surfers like Lard Hamilton is kind of interesting a little bit. Yeah, yeah, but like when you watch the people who are just like I don't know. Every day I might die that I do this and my family would be ruined. But I just love to feel that adrenaline. It's just like go drink or something like you're gonna kill your big wave surfing to me is not I don't love big wave surfing.
Speaker 4: The I went to the Surf Awards once because they were at a hotel. We were shooting, and it was so eye opening that like the presenters or other surfers, so they would be like best wave of the year or whatever, like hot tallest wave, like whatever they were, like they would barely be able to read the thing that they were like the prompt and.
Speaker 3: Your sense of humor is always just smacking another man in the testicles, do you know what I mean? Like that's like the level of humor that's happening.
Speaker 4: And then when they would win every speech, they would start sentences and not finish them, but then they would all just evolve into you were there, and you were and then recognizing people. So it would be like Kurt brown Oller wins biggest wave ride of.
Speaker 2: The year, and then you'd be like, oh, what it was, you were there? You know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: And then I was like, they're not saying anything. They're just nervously pointing at people and saying you were there or like it was. And I'm like John, John Florence won one and he goes up there and he's talking about pipeline or something, and I was like, what is he even because he's like it was you and You're like these But then maybe dogs love that, so who knows, maybe maybe dog want Yeah, I mean, maybe those are Maybe it's the reverse. Maybe this is the reverse hyppathetical where dogs got to turn into people and they turned into surfers when given the choice, here's.
Speaker 3: Something you're doing, John Waters.
Speaker 4: I think so. Also, I have a feeling he watches great weird movies all the time and I can just cozy up on the corner of that couch and watch weird movies with John Waters. That seems fun.
Speaker 3: That's one last one.
Speaker 4: Here's a fun one scenario advice. This is from the fant task to Courtney Courtney something with an scch Sorry, Courtney, I screenshot at it. You'll know who you are. I'm twenty nine years old and I got semi drunk tonight on wine at Applebee's. Great start, Great start, fun person, Courtney rules interested, But I'm going dress shopping two hours away from home tomorrow, Cleveland to Columbus, Ohio, and my mom is sleeping over because we have to leave at seventy m I want to go to the bar at the end of my street. Me and my fiance are regulars. Fiance is asleep, but I'm scared my mom will get mad at me. What would the banana boys do? How would you sneak out of the house with your mom waiting in the wings, your fiance already asleep, You're already wine drunk from Applebee's.
Speaker 3: Oh oh, there's a bar at the it's happening right now kind of question. This is the first type of advice, which is very very present, moment, very specific. Once they get it, it will be way past this moment.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna set a sound machine outside the mom's door, loud sound machine going, even if it's on your phone or on like a computer, and then you can do whatever the fuck you want, because that's going to cover up all your coming and comings and goings.
Speaker 4: I think you just treat it all like a challenge. I think you start a timer on your phone, and you see how slowly you can creep out of your house. You see how quietly you can open unlock the door. You basically replay all of us in high school sneaking back into our houses, but you do it as a grown woman.
Speaker 3: And oh that's another option as well. Yeah, to just say I'm a grown adult and I'm allowed to go to the bar whenever i want, because that's what being an adult is. And you write that out of a piece of paper and put it on the and then you go to the bar.
Speaker 4: You oh, in your house and you find an item that you know your mom always thought was great and loved, and you wrap it in wrapping paper and you slip it in your purse. And when you come back, if she's mad at me, you go. But I was out getting you this, and then you give it to and say night mom, and go to sleep and let her deal with the guilt of second guessing your heart and your soul and your commitment to your mind. Here, Kirk, because since that one was, I'll do the real quick one that will just do a speed What do you rather from, Eric Simsick? You have the power flight, Kurt, but you can only fly with your back to the ground facing the sky. Or you have the power of super speed, but only if you're running backwards. You have to fly looking up always, or you have to run backwards always. Which one would you rather have?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Man, I mean, I don't understand how you do either.
Speaker 4: You know, it's great, visual great.
Speaker 3: It's a very funny. I guess. I guess you could fly like that if you just went high enough so that you knew you weren't going to hit a building or anything. Yeah, and you just picked your direction. But then also it's like you don't it's almost impossible to figure out how to where you're gonna land.
Speaker 4: I think it's such a funny. Would you rather for exactly the reason you're talking? I would go flying back to ground?
Speaker 1: One?
Speaker 4: Flying seems great yeah two. But yeah, you don't really get the visuals of what's beneath you, but you could hold a mirror at some point and see what's beneath you. But then just the funny visual if you and the kids were in the front yard and you looked up and just saw me, hands threaded, relaxing like I'm just taking a nap, flying over I mean, funniest thing in the world. Yeah, that's say thank you.
Speaker 3: If we're going flying Eric, it's another bonusade, folks. Thank you. You can always send all of your advice or your hypotheticals or your would you rathers to our Instagram The Bananas Podcast, Thanks Gotti.
Speaker 4: Thanks Curty B. Bananas Man. Bananas is an exactly right media production.
Speaker 3: Our producer and engineer is Katie Levine.
Speaker 4: The catchy Bananas theme song was composed and performed by Kahon.
Speaker 3: Artwork for Bananas was designed by Travis Millard and.
Speaker 4: Our benevolent overlords are the great Karen Kilgareff and Georgia Hartstart
Speaker 3: And Lisa Maggott is our full human, not a robot intern