Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, Are you ready shot some bouts? I hit the fan.
Speaker 2: Welcome to on sanctioned Thursdays, Horestling with Freddy. Ladies and gentlemen. It's on sanctioned Thursday with your host Freddy. Praise Jumar. What's up everybody. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know why I did that. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: I don't have Jeff here, so I'm lonely and I'm doing other voices besides my own so that I don't feel by myself. My wife's in Toronto shooting ready or not too, you guys, She's in ready or not too, And it happened like last second, so she had to up and leave while we're in the middle of a move and left me with the babies, left me with the doggies, left me in the new house.
Speaker 1: To organize myself.
Speaker 2: And I'm sure she'll want to move everything so as she gets here, so I get to move in twice. I'm going bananas. But I'm excited because all my TVs are hooked up and I'm able to watch professional wrestling, so are you. Today's episode is dedicated to Backlash, which is going to be in Saint Louis. We're making predictions. We're gonna try to make you people some money. We don't have Jeff with us today, so you don't get Jeff predictions, but his is going to be wrong anyway. You don't listen his stupid old predict predictions when you can listen to me and producer Alex here who we pick. I think we're gonna probably be down the line. I don't think this is a hard card to call. I think we got to figure it out. I'm pretty I'm pretty sure we're aligned on all of them. But let's start with the most important match of all, the undisputed WWE Championship with the champ, the last champ, John Cena Boob Boo versus the viper Randy Orton. Before you cheered, you better remember he broke my back in the friggin' ring, So it's a double boob.
Speaker 1: Bos bastards all right? Here we go.
Speaker 2: Two decades, twenty years for their rivalry.
Speaker 1: We even did an episode of this on A. A and E's I was.
Speaker 2: At eight A W's or a n W on A and E's rival show. We did John Cena and Randy Orton. I think I did that season. It might be Fluffy who did that one. I don't I don't remember, but one of us, one of us cool guys did it. Anyway, I worked there when this rivalry sort of began, not began, but during the middle of it, when people had signs it said if John Cena wins, we riot and they started cheering for Randy because they wanted something different. They didn't want the PG champion. They wanted a more rated R champion, somebody who didn't give a shit like Randy. That's that's what the crowd wanted back then. Now they're loving John cenas the bad guy, right, and they're loving Randy Orton is.
Speaker 1: Just being one of the greatest wrestlers to ever do it.
Speaker 2: When I worked there, he was the best wrestler on planet Earth. You know, he's he's older now it's still to me he's still the best. But I think you can make an argument, well, Ospray's there, Seth Seth freaking Rollins is up there. There's there's a few guys that are that are up there. I wonder who Randy thinks the best wrestler is. But I digress. Anyway, they're wrestling in his hometown Saint Louis, the same city where that son of a bitch broke my back. They cheered by the way. I'm like, it's in his hometown. Man, it's gonna be bummed out that he beat up a celebrity nobody and they weren't anyhow, They're gonna wrestle. It's seen a seventeenth world title reign. That's what's on the line. Jeff has no idea who's gonna pick because he's not here, but both Alex and I picked Sena to retain. And not only that, I'm tell you to finish, all right, I tell you to finish. I want you guys to think back in this twenty year rivalry. I want you to think back to how Randy lost the match but retained the title by slapping the shit out of Mike Kyota, the referee, and a shout out Mike Yota.
Speaker 1: He worked there when I worked there. He's always really nice to me.
Speaker 2: He got the shit slapped out of him though, by Randy, and he's like, Yo, man, what the fuck you just slapped the shit out of me? And Randy was like, well, yeah, what are you gonna do about it? And he's like, I fucking disqualify you, ding Ding ding Ding, and he disqualifies Randy Orton, which means the champ at the time, who is Randy Orton, loses the match, but the champion can't lose their title in professional wrestling via disqualification, so he retained the championship.
Speaker 1: And Seene is.
Speaker 2: Looking at this going down, like, Yo, what the fuck just happened to me? That's what he's going to do to Randy. I think Randy's going to be about to win the match, and I think John's going to slap the shit out of whichever referee's there now, and he's going to be like and point at him and be like, yeah, motherfucker, you forgot, but I didn't.
Speaker 1: And I think that's how.
Speaker 2: He's going to maintain this championship, which would be a big fu and a really cool throwback. Or maybe you hate the idea, you can hit us up on our social media if you think it sucks.
Speaker 1: You won't hurt my feelings.
Speaker 2: You will hurt Jeffs though, and he'll go in on you guys even if you go in on me. So if you don't want to get got, be careful.
Speaker 1: He's a professional. He's pretty good at it all right.
Speaker 2: Next up the WWE Women's Intercontinental Championship, the newest championship.
Speaker 1: I think it came after the US.
Speaker 2: No, the US came after, but anyway, the champ is Lyra Valkyria out of Ireland versus Becky Lynch out of Ireland. Both women stand five foot No, I don't know un till they are. But Becky Lynch has betrayed her and she's challenged her for the women's in her Continental Championship, and we don't know who's gonna win this.
Speaker 1: Huh is it going to be youth the youth or is it.
Speaker 2: Going to be experienced. I tend to pick these on who cuts the better promo, who can get more asses in the seats. Becky Lynch is second to none on the microphone. Her worst promos probably an eight, bests are ten. Obviously a lot of nines in there. That's her average, and Lyra's aren't there yet. She just hasn't had enough time.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: They pull a lot of people, in my opinion, up really really early before they've developed that, and they let them learn on the job. They give them an opportunity to fail, but they're quick to pull a plug if you do, they don't give everyone the same amount of leash, right, and I think they might pull the leash on this one. And I think becky'llill establish that title be able to carry a little more gravity and a little more weight based on her experience and her talent. So I'm picking Becky Lynch to upset the champ and win, and so does producer Alex because he's a.
Speaker 1: Wise wise man like Paul Hayman.
Speaker 2: Next match, McAfee versus Gonther, I think, and so does our producer Alex, that this isn't gonna be a squash match, but Gunther is gonna tear Pat McAfee apart and beat him into oblivion and probably get a ko where the ref just has to stop the match because Pat's not gonna tap He's not gonna tap out because Gunther did. And then Pat can save a little face and be like, yeah, but I didn't tap out, bitch, and you did. Don't ever forget that. But he's gonna get kaoed where he can't answer the bell and they're gonna have to medically stop the match. That's what I think is gonna happen. I'm not even giving you guys picks this week, I'm giving you picks and finishes.
Speaker 1: Come home.
Speaker 2: Next up the United States Championship. It's a freaking fatal four way. It's the champ. Jacob Fatum telling you right now, that's my pick versus La Knight versus Damian Priest versus Drew MacIntyre. Now, if you want to go against me, now's the time to do it, because Drew MacIntyre is one of the best dudes on the microphone as well right now. His wrestling top shelf obviously the body. Come on, man, he's one of the best looking dudes out there. Handsome face, great beard, super jacked and thick like he looks like you know what they said, like Jim Tomy was built like a tree. He's thick like that, like built like a redwood. But then he's jacked like Bruce Lee at the same time, So he's got the total package. If you wanted a dark horse that you could be like. Oh, he came into this story a little late, but I could see them putting the belt on Drew, But no, the championship will remain with the champion.
Speaker 1: Jacob Fatto. I think he's going to have a rocket ship and it's not time for him to lose yet.
Speaker 2: When he does, it'll be time for him to go after a bigger title, and he'll come after whoever the champion is at that at that point, we don't know.
Speaker 1: We don't know.
Speaker 2: It could be Johnsona, could be Cody Roads, could be Randy Orton, could be Zamy's. It could be Sammy's ain. If you didn't watch Money and Iraw, you don't know. You don't know where he went.
Speaker 1: You don't know.
Speaker 2: Now not all these are matches we know are going to happen, because we record these before they announce that stuff. We think these are gonna happen. So tag team titles on the line. Phraxium, which is a new team up from NXT, which is Axiom and Nathan Frazer I believe is the is the young Englishman's name versus the Street Profits. Street profits are winning this match. No matter what, They're winning this match. I think Phraxium is awesome, they have great moves, but Street Profits are winning this match. Next step maybe the toughest one to pick on the card, the only hard one to pick on the card, I think, which is Logan Paul versus the Champ Jay Uso. My pick is Jay Uso because I don't think they put it on him to take it off him. I think they're gonna give him a real shot. He has great crowd control. His matches are awesome, but the crowd control is huge, like the interaction with the crowd. Like when sponsors want to offer you jobs on Instagram, they look at interaction a lot, like in the chat, like how many people are commenting? Are you speaking with them? Is their interaction like in the wrestling world. Jay's a master of that and has it locked in by the way his brother's killing it on the mic and in the backstage segments. Jimmy's on another level right now. But Jay's winning this match. Our producer also picks jayda win the match. I think Logan Paul doesn't care if he wins or loses. I don't think he's like that at all, and I think he's just going to give an awesome match the two of them. They're both going to fly across the ring and it's gonna be awesome. But I still pick Alex or not pick Alex.
Speaker 1: I picked Jay.
Speaker 2: Finally, Tiffany Stratton, the women's champion who's been surprisingly quick to improve on the mic last couple weeks on TV, like wait, wait what, wait what that that was pretty good. This is another one of those instances where they were like, look, you're we don't think you're you are where you're going to be on the mic, but we're going to give you an opportunity to fail, and they have and she's not failing. She's done really well the last couple weeks and held her own in there and even if she had to go off script just a schmidge and then get back on like you didn't see any like fumble on the field, so to speak. She's going against Naia Jack's She's winning. She and Alex thinks Tiffany's winning too. We both pick Tiffany stratd. I don't think this is a hard one at all. They're not taking the belt off her. She's improving on the microphone, and she'll only improve in the ring because she's new to it and already good and could flip all over like a luchit or two and drop the elbow after the backhand spring, which is pretty sick. So she's winning that match, you guys. That's easy, and so is the picks on this episode of Unsanctioned Thursday. Place your bets on whatever draft app you guys use, make some money, Shout us out on the social media wrestling with Freddie Always let us know and give us a little handclap emoji when we make you a couple bucks or pizza money as the cool kids like to call it. And now, stay tune every week because we'll be here for you talking all things wrestling. Jeff will be back next week, so will I never miss a beat of wrestling when you listen to us, and we'll see you next week.
Speaker 1: Peace,