Speaker 1: Welcome to Insider's Guide to the Other Side, a production of iHeartRadio. Hi, y'all, I'm Julie.
Speaker 2: Hi there, I'm Brenda. Welcome to Insider's Guide to the Other Side.
Speaker 1: Now, y'all need to know that we are obsessed with everything on the other side.
Speaker 2: Yes, we are, because once you learn to navigate the energetic, or to some the invisible world, life is going to be more fun and much more serene.
Speaker 1: Uh heck, yes it can, because let's be honest, br in, earth school is hard. In fact, you taught me.
Speaker 2: That, let's crush Earth School together.
Speaker 1: Well, hello, my witchy apoo. Your skin looks fabulous, thanks to you.
Speaker 2: Why, thank you, el I'm welcome.
Speaker 1: It does. You're like glowing, even though like what you have in the back is also glow. It's like there's there's like this metaglow that's going on. It's like web three glow. Whatever the hell thats.
Speaker 2: You going to tell? You're going to tell your people, a lot of a lot of people about your secret.
Speaker 1: Well here's what's funny, y'all. So, and I just want to stay really quick up front. We are obviously not doctors. We are not so whatever we say, look shit up yourself. But yeah, it's like I stumbled upon stuff and this was hilarious. So I stumbled upon this. When I say stumbled, I stumbled on the inner web, this barry. It's not like I was walking in a field of berries, but I stumbled upon this berry and I started reading about it. I was really fascinated with it. And it's called c s e A buck thorn b U c k t h O r N. And I'm reading about it, and I'm reading about the history of it, and there's some i'm gonna say horse shit story because it's about horses. But like apparently back in the day the Greek military people. But you know, my stories are never right unless I read them directly. And how they would take their kind of retired horses and they would send them out into this field and then when they would go check on them, which I thought was actually really sweet that they were checking on them back then, they would see they'd come back and they were like incredibly healthy, their coats were healthy, they were happy, and it's because they set them loose in an area with with these sea buckthorn bushes and they were eating the berries. And I thought, I.
Speaker 2: Just have to interrupt because I'm giggling because we all know how much you love a good origins.
Speaker 1: I do, I do, I do. I could be sold anything with an origin story.
Speaker 2: Continue.
Speaker 1: I mean, I was sucked in so fast, and then I used AI to actually understand more about it, So I got sucked in even more when I started using It's better than chat GPD is called perplexity. When I started getting that, then I'm like, oh, I'm in AI.
Speaker 2: AI is the opposite of an origin story, right totally.
Speaker 1: But it gave me a good it like actually wrote the story nicely. So I found Sea Buckthorn online and it's this really kind of bright orange. I ended up getting the juice for it, and it's not just the juice, it's like the skin and everything that's in it, and it has all the it's interesting, it has all the omegas. So it even has one that's omega seven, which helps with mucus and that helps your eyes, your skin, internal functions, things like that, And I thought, well, I'm going to get that, so I started putting it in my smoothie every morning. And then you and I recorded, and You're like, oh my god, my elf, your skin looks fantastic, and I'm like, it's see buck thorn.
Speaker 2: So of course my generous elf ship me some awesome So so first of all, she sent me a link and I'm like, oh, sure, this is an euovedic and she's like, is it really No?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna retail that really quick because what you said, what you said to me was I have a feeling my elf that you had no idea this is aerobatic. I said, what, of course I did. I said it was the berry that saved the horses. That's what it was.
Speaker 2: So we had a fun giggling over that we did.
Speaker 1: And so I'll just tell like I I do really heavy protein shake in the morning with a lot of like icelandic yogurt and cajava, all like this stuff, and I put see buckthorn in it and a little something else to kind of cut because it can be pretty tart, like to drink it on its own. So I kind of cut it with like some orange juice, not a lot. You just said you don't need a lot, And I'm telling you one. As I look forward to it every morning, I feel great, my energy's better, my skin. I think I've totally turned back time, just a tad.
Speaker 2: It's it's unbelievable. It's like a resurfacing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's really great. So if they have the they have dried berries. They also have skincare products. So if you don't want to actually consume it, so you can go to Herbology E R B O L O G Y dot com. You can also find the same stuff that Herbology actually packages on Amazon. You can go to another site called Cebu si b U and they call it the Seaberry just so y'all know, for skin products, which I then of course bought skin products. So now there's like again sea buckthorn all over my damn house. I might even paint the walls with the color. I don't know. It's like I'm living in this world of sea buckthorn and I feel great.
Speaker 2: You're like the happy, happy horses.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I'm like the Greek horses back in the days of yorn and totally loving every second of it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And Susan, yeah, you also said there's a like an emotional booster kind of totally fact.
Speaker 1: I mean I have a little bit more energy. I don't know about you. Oh, there's a mood and Hanser for one. Yea yeah, there's a mood enhancer. The other thing is that and I'm going to put caution to folks seriously read about it. Again. We are not doctors, and talk to your doctor actually.
Speaker 2: Because we don't get paid for this.
Speaker 1: Oh oh my god, No they should because this is truly like a love story of the elf Ncabuckthorn. Is it can? It can again, I know a doctor. It can bring down your blood pressure. So if you're on blood pressure medication like statins and things like that, it could take it too low. So you need to be very careful about medications you're taking. So like you should with everything that you consume, is be knowledgeable. Talk to your physician figure that out. I don't take anything, so I'm like free and clear like I it's I take no medication, so I don't have to worry about that. But when I did for certain things, I did have to worry about it. So anyway, I just want to make sure everybody knows that piece. It's really really important that you definitely check that out. But it does have that ability, So just FYI.
Speaker 2: A good heads up, yeah, and a lovely gift to people you love. Thank you, Yeah, thank you, Miche.
Speaker 1: Oh. One other thing I can interfere with is if you're taking any medication for autoimmune and bleeding bleed. Those are the things so autoimmune bleeding, which I will say you can't see. But I have these cuts on my finger and my pointer on my right hand, which really sucks because I'm right handed. Because I was opening getting the the foil off of my Icelandic yogurt and I slice both those efforts. I'm like, come on, y'all, I'm gonna overpay for something. At least don't let me cut myself and I and I was a bleeder and I'm like, oh, I see. So if you need clotting things like that, you know, just be careful. So I think I've given everything I've read for you guys to consider it. But it is definitely if your if your body's open to it, it can be I think, a really great supplement to have. And it tastes fun and it's a fun color too. I mean, it's.
Speaker 2: Orange, it is it is. I don't put it in my hole, Smitie. I just put it in like a lemon, sparkly water.
Speaker 1: That's all which Susanne does. And she loves it. I like it in my hole.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just really it's all really fun.
Speaker 1: Which is again, you know, our school is hard, and taking care of your body, you know, your vessel is a part of it. That's why we actually bring this stuff up. It's not just because I'm crazy, and partly is Brinda lets me let my crazy come out. But it is hard, and and it's hard when you know, when you don't feel good but you don't feel great, or there's so much external noise and if you feel better, like it won't be so loud. You know. That's what I've weirdly found, like the better I feel, exercising, eating better, sleeping, well, all those things takes that noise level down. Yeah, so this is one of those things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this this, this is quickly becoming one of my basics because it's just it's fabulous. And I just want to qualify that this was not the activation we were talking.
Speaker 1: Away, Brenda, tell us why are we here today?
Speaker 2: So there is a reason. Had the inspiration came from the my tro class that I'm teaching right now online and the student you know, they're awesome questions and I was doing a demo reading and you know, did the talked about whatever was going out in the reading, and as part of what I was talking about in the reading, I mentioned a meditation that I've practiced and led and taught and called the High Heart or the Goddess of your Heart. Right, so it's a high aspect of your heart. I said, you know, this is where you don't if you've got a conflict or a misunderstanding or something that wants to be healed or addressed, you you don't. Sometimes it's really hard to go directly to people, and so it's just easier to take care of things in the energetics. And what you would want to do is get into meditation, do your grounding and clearing, you know, and talk to someone in sacred space right or you know, in the in the etheric level, so you kind of leave your personality behind, show up with your high is good and engage that way and invite them to do the same, right, So you're not speaking directly to the personality and it goes really well and can shift things drum. I just actually had a personal experience of this a couple of weeks ago, and it was just so helpful. It was cleared up like the next email I got was extraordinary and right on spot where I was hoping the conversation would turn. And I was very grateful for that, and so because that was part of the message in the spread of how to deal with the conflict. And then we went on and I asked the person do you have any questions about about this reading? And they said no. And then I turned to the class and I said, does anyone have any questions about how that new spread unfolded? Like, you know, what are your questions? And someone asked, well, where do I find that meditation that you talked about? That sounded great? And I was like, what do you mean? Like I just explained it, what do you mean? And so that's what I wanted to talk about today. How do we create active meditations that support the lives were actually living and not just some bye in the sky nirvana that we don't actually get to live every day? So how do we create meditations that support lives that we're actually living in the life we want to live?
Speaker 1: So I love it so much. So we're going to take a quick break, and your elf has questions, so we'll be right back, and we're back. Y'all about dey activation. So I have a question that I'm sure other people are wondering themselves, which is you mentioned in our intro section about about the higher heart, the high heart. Do you want to talk a bit about that, just survey it kind of understands what that means.
Speaker 2: Sure, I can talk about that, and I know you have experience with it as well. Mostly it's an invitation to me. The distinction is if I'm charged up about something personally, or I'm struggling with something personally, and I go directly into that sacred space with all that lower frequency, it can get mucky. It can sort of defeat the purpose of creating sacred space, right because I'm bringing all my ego, I'm bringing all my bruisedness on my wounding. This this invitation to go, wait a minute, connecting with the literally higher aspect of you, the one that can hold the greater good for all, not just myself. And in this soft, high frequency place of greater possibilities, you would go in this way. So there's the heart, the physical heart, the personal experience, and then there's the high heart, which is a more collective high frequency, and that's what we're going for. And then you would also invite the other person spirit to do the same. I invite the highest aspect or the high heart to come in as well, so that we're going highest aspect, highest aspect, we can find we can negotiate for the greater benefit of all without worrying so much about ego or setting someone off or creating creating more karma. Really, that's that's the purpose of that. And again, I know you have a different specific which is also a very fun way to look at things as well.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, I learned from when I actually first started my whole journey, you know. Susanna and I went to take crystal classes from Patricia at the Crystal Matrix, and each week we would focus on a certain you say chakra, I say chakra potato potata, and I say, if I say chokra, it sounds like I'm an expert. So the chakra each each week was a chakra. And it was interesting because it was eight courses, not seven. And because the heart she split into two, she split into the lower and she split into the higher, and so there were also different stones attached different exercises. So when it was the lower, it was like rose quartz. It was about self love, because we all struggled with caring for self, loving for self. We like to self destruct and all those things that we need. That was that week was a doozy. And then and then she talked about the Higher Heart, which was more of like Green adventurin. She even talked about malachite, but this was more of our love for community, love for others, and that's how she separated them. And those were things like you're talking about it. It's like, listen, I am. I am not here in this moment to activate my you know, to work on my own self love. I'm here to work in conjunction with another spirit. I'm here to work in conjunction to either send that you know, to either result conflict, to send love, to send protection, whatever it may be to someone else. Was through the Higher Heart.
Speaker 2: So that's that's what I learned, exactly exactly. Yeah, same thing, different expression. And you had some crystals that you like to work with in both of those.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, no. I loved working with rose quarts in the lower and I loved and you know, I'm a big fan of malakite. I love Green adventuring as well, but a lot of the green stones. So we're the higher heartstones. So you'll actually in our in our new old house don't call it the new house because it's so owed. But in my new old house in the living room, I have multiple pieces of malachite that are around nice because it is more about more, more than me. Right, yeah, okay, So I have more questions for you if you don't mind. Are you ready?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yep.
Speaker 1: I've asked you before, like we've done multiple episodes about mediumship and and when we and I asked them like, well, what do you see or what do you feel or how do the messages come through to you? So similar vein to asking you that is when you're in those like what do you do in a meditation that's for the for the higher heart, the high the Goddess heart? What like? What what exactly are the things that you do or focus on?
Speaker 2: So this is what I think for me personally, like I have my foundation to get my frequency that you know, I like, I like my my rituals, right, so I've got my Mama's I've got my tarot cards, you know, so I get into you know, and this is what I would be the extended dance version. So I've got you know, I may not do all of them at once in one sitting. I may sprinkle them throughout the day. But these are tools that I use on the regular. So I would sit, do my grounding, do my chocolate cleaning, do the filling up, do my protection prayers, do my gratitude prayers, you know, and this is just my entry, you know. So that can take a minute, and you know, and then I might do a terroot spread at that point, and then I consider, like then I would do a work session. And the work session may be on any given day, it can vary. I may have something i'm turning over that i'm offering, I'm worried about, or i'm lost in, or i'm suffering or i'm in pain about, and I would turn that over to the divine or something that I'm grateful for and want to offer, you know, additional gratitude prayers, or something I'm asking for to receive, or some healing for myself or someone else. So those, you know, can be different, little active parts of my work. And you know, then there may be something that I'm longing for that I'm not clear about, and so then I would create a container and pull you know, kind of charge it and you can't see, but my fingers are like I would just charge that container of what I want to receive or the guidance I want to get or the energy I want this to hold as I'm looking to create something or to create clarity a lot of times is what I'm asking for, quite frankly, And you know, at that point then I just get really still. But there's a whole lead up before I drop into that just space of silence, of clear intention between me and my guides and the divine and just hold. And then of course that's why for me personally, setting an alarm and meditation is very helpful. It is not required forever one, but I do like to set said an alarm just on my watch. It's it's just easy because when you're in that stillness, time is not I don't have a sense of time. It's usually like the only time of the day, I don't have a sense of time, And so it's very important. It's because I, you know, I have commitments and so that keeps so that also suddenly the alarm allows me to go that deep, sacred depth of exquisite. Yes, that's how I describe it.
Speaker 1: I think I just went into meditation as you were talking. But I think it's you know, I think, what's so? Like, I know that you've called me before or no, actually, you usually text me and you'll be like, hey, my off, what's going on? You like you lit up my grid or whatever it is that you say, I like, lit up my.
Speaker 2: Mind, you hit my radar screen, whatever.
Speaker 1: It may be, And like, how does that happen? Because that's activation to me, like you're opening up to something or I'm just bugging the shit out of you, which is also totally possible.
Speaker 2: So I have a beloved friend and teacher who is in a treatment for a physical challenge, and the other morning I actually text her. It was in quite early hours in the morning, we're not in the same time zone, and I said, hey, what's going on? And she was having a really hard time, and she said, think you. Later in the day she texted me and said, I'm doing much better because I was because I could see when I was doing my check ins and in what I consider my satellites. So I set up little satellites of people who I'm actively working with in the energetic fields, and then you know, then I have my you know, my inner circle that I'm always working with, so just to check out and see where you know, everybody's scaling up on any specific moment in time, and sending blessings in prayers through those satellites to them. My personal practice is to not send energy to people directly, but to work through their satellite. So it's set up as a poll system so that they people can pull down prayers when it's the most helpful, when their own intuition and wisdom would be available to that. And so as I'm tending to my satellites in my sacred space, then you know, I know how to engage with them. So that's why I reached out because her satellite was lit up in a way that I was like, this is this is off the you know, acceptable normal range, and so I'm going to reach out. And she just said, in that moment she was in so much physical pain, how much it meant to her that she wasn't alone because she was alone physically in that moment, and she said, it just it feels so good to know I wasn't alone. Yeah, yeah, so sweet, my magical witchy pooh. Well, you know, but this is what happens when you get being set up in a systemic way. You know, I like a good framework, so it does.
Speaker 1: I get that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so, but thank you for asking. That's what I do. So tell me about yours.
Speaker 1: Well, I think we should take a quick break, okay, and I'll tell you about mine. And they're not nearly as cute and sweet as yours are, but they do exist.
Speaker 2: And welcome back. Thanks. Tell me what you have for us.
Speaker 1: You know, I activate in a lot of ways in a physical way too, like it's I certainly a ground I get clear, but in terms of the higher heart, the other part, a community part, like what happens, this is really funny. One night, I have super calm. Suki walked up to me and she was sitting there facing me, and I started drawing on her chest and I do I did, like the the spiral of life on it, and then I just started saying to her over again, my strong Suki spirit, my strong Suki spirit, and I just and then I would kind of tap it, and then I kind of just grab her hair there very gently, and then she'd lay down. Well, she comes back to me every night, and if I don't do that, she's restless. She moves so like it's that's an act. I mean, that's a different it's different than what you were talking about, but it's an activation nonetheless.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really not different. Right, you're doing it in the physical, I'm doing it in the energetics because these you know, because the people, most of the people I have satellites on are they're not like in my house.
Speaker 1: People you don't really want to draw a circle on their chest and then pat them on it afterwards.
Speaker 3: But some people from upon that, some do, some do, But that's sweet again.
Speaker 2: And dogs are so energetically sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and now she really demands it like it's a thing. She will sit there and stare at me like like her brown eyes will like capture mine, and it's what she insists now. And this has been going on now about a month and a half, so it's a new thing. But other things for humans. One of the things that that you taught me that I thought was so incredibly valuable that I used to this day is I'm such a protector and therefore a worrier, not a warrior, but a worrier. Well both, I'm a worrying warrior. And you said to me one time, you go, well and listen to my elf. You worrying about someone is not helping them, that is not serving them. So I think you said, I offer to you another solution which is normally wasted. And and and you had already taught me the prayer protection about the you know, white light, the clear red light, the blue light of you know, and then of healing, and then of course the golden light of God. And so you said, since you're comfortable with the lights and you know the colors, is that, why don't you just send whoever it is that you are concerned about the blue light of healing, And that way you're not interfering and causing more anxiety or angst for them because of your worry, you're actually participating in the healing versus just sitting back, you know, doing the the like the knee pump. Sitting down is going oh shit, what's going on? And so the word because that doesn't and you were you're of course, I'm fucking always right, but it's but it actually it calms me. I know, because I've gotten calls from people like, I don't know what you did, but I'm so calm right now, you know, And they don't they just because if they know me like that. And those are really the only people I really send that to anyway they feel it, just like how your friend totally you know, felt it and knows it. And so there is it's just more so you taught me to be productive with that time, productive with that meditation time or or or or or diving into it when I felt too antsy and anxiety about what was going on in my world.
Speaker 2: And the other thing about that worry factor, And I love that you do, you know, so masterful at this now, right, so beautiful because that worry factor because on the other side of worry is usually love, right, it's something you want, it's someone you love so much're something that you're really supportive of. And then if something doesn't go according to plan or is unsure or unclear, we flipped to worry or panic or something like that and to go, wait a minute's that's the last thing I want to activate. And so I just one thing that I that I love how you can count on that now to know that to create that shift and you're still engaged in their field and so supportive. And that's what I really want people to take away is in meditation space and this can be something that you go in and out of all day long. It Yes, it's wonderful to say for your fifteen minutes and light your candle and take your notes and like that's all lovely, and you can drop in and just resent to yourself, drop a new grounding court, say another prayer, like just and just have acts. I feel like when we're in that sacred space, it's centeredness, that's clear connection to our highest aspect, to the divine. We have all possibilities available to us in every moment. Like, that's why I think it's really important to do clear all that stuff out. It's all the pre programming, all the cookies whatever that you bumped into before.
Speaker 1: Clear your cookies, y'all.
Speaker 2: Clear energetic cookies. That's what's available when you drop into meditation in that sacred space, so that you actually have options that you can activate. What frequency do I want to amplify in my field? What do I want? How do I want to bring my best self forward? That's how you do it, clear and move forward, activating what you want. And that's really how I hope people think about meditation. It's an activation of your energetic.
Speaker 1: Self, right, and it's not just that separate moment whenever you choose to do it. It's great to do that, but it's like, you know, you got you have all these tools available to you. And I think that's what the beauty I hope that this conversation is for other people is. For one is you don't have to have a manual on what to do. You know, you can drop into that space and you'd be like, you know what, I need to send this person some love. I need to send them some healing. I need to send them something. Listen, I sent people more times than I can even count, protection from things. Oh, and you can do those things. Just don't forget to do it for yourself, but you can also do it for others. And it is totally the LP version of our life, right. It is the long play, it is the full album. It's not just a song in the morning, you know, it's it's you know, I actually have on my desk, I have this. I have this thing about I love elephants, just I love them and I can't even express And I have this carving and it's at a Rhotocro site. So it's stunning. So it's pink and red and it's of a mama elephant and a baby elephant, and you see the baby elephant's trunk kind of like getting ready to go through the mama's elephant trunk which is curved back, and it just remember, it reminds me that we're all here together, we all need each other, and my job is to make sure that I do what I can in a very healthy, productive, effective way with all my elephants in my hurt.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: But that's what I look at every day. I don't forget that, even in the midst of like a presentation, a work thing, a not easy thing, or whatever it is. I look at that because we are all here together, and if we could all take care of our communities, all of a sudden, everybody would be taking care of right, you know.
Speaker 2: So hopefully we've wrapped up some you know, spun up some ideas for you to activate within yourselves or start creating. And again I wouldn't rinse repeat on things that we even talked about, but let it be seeds for your own creation to serve you. I think that's really important to follow your own inspiration, especially if you can't follow your inspiration sacred space. I mean, what are you going to start. What are you going to trust? It is so like it let it be an on ramp and then create your own and let us know how it does. What do you get going on? We'd love to hear.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to hear what people do.
Speaker 2: So it's going to be really cool. So thanks for listening, everybody, and remember your school is hard without the other side. Thanks y'all, Hi, thank you for joining us everyone, and a special thanks to our producer Joey Patt and our executive producer Maya Cole Howard, who guides us while we guide.
Speaker 1: You hit us up on Instagram at other Side Guides, or shoot us a note at home Hi at vibes dot store.
Speaker 2: We want to know what you think, We want to know what you know, and we want to hear your stories.
Speaker 1: And remember our school is hard without the other Side. Insider's Guide to the Other Side is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Spotify, Apple podcast, or wherever you get your podcasts.