Speaker 1: You're listening to the Buck Sexton Show podcast. Make sure you subscribe to the podcast on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Hey, everybody, welcome to the Buck Brief. Our friend Mark Simone in the mix right now, mister New York, the host of the phenomenal Mark Simone Show on seven ten WR NYC. Now, a lot of you like, well, if I don't live in New York, what can I First of all, you can listen to the iHeart app, but you can also listen on the Marx Simone Show podcast, which I recommend you do.
Speaker 3: Mark. Good to see you.
Speaker 1: Hey, great to be here again. I love this show. I love watching this.
Speaker 3: Thank you. I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: We're trying to Clay and Buck. We're trying to just keep keep it all moving and try to help save the country. As I know you are as well. So you're there right in the mix and in the midst of it in New York City. As this Trump trial is underway, it just seems kind of the whole thing. You have to slap yourself and say, I can't believe this is even happening.
Speaker 3: Let's start with this. Do you think do you think that the the jury.
Speaker 2: Is it possible for Trump to get a fair trial with the jury pool in New York City, they're going to be seeing them pretty soon.
Speaker 1: It looks like, yeah, probably not. You know, they had him fill out this questionnaire about everything to see if there was any bias. I don't know why they didn't have the judge fill out the questionnaire. This guy wouldn't get him a trial. He's got a history of serious Trump hatred, you know. And some of these jurors. There was one that said, watch his CNN, watches ms NBC, But I could be fair. Well, you can't be even if you try, because you've been subjected to all this propaganda on those two networks. It's gonna be tough to get a fair trial. It already is unfair. Alan Dershowitz has said the gag order, he's totally unconstitutional. Not allowing him out to his son's graduation, according to Dershwitz, violates a couple of New York laws. The worst mafia hit man that gets excused for a graduation or a funeral. What they're doing to Trump is never happened before to anybody. The whole idea of it. I checked their ten million non disclosure agreements signed every year. Right now as we're speaking, companies are signing non disclosures. Remember, in the debate, Bloomberg admitted he signed non disclosures dozens of women. That's in Alvin Bragg's district. I don't see him getting prosecuted, so I don't think he can get a fair trial.
Speaker 2: Is there any sense, I mean, obviously from your audience in New York, I'm sure people are outraged about it, but you know, in New York, it's just it's making such a farce of the Manhattan DA and the whole I feel like, how can anyone take this guy seriously? You know, he lets out the real criminals and then he uses the powers of his office to harass a presidential candidate. And I think you and I agree, if the election were held tomorrow, Trump would win. I think he's probably going to win despite all this stuff in the fall, you know, despite all the nonsense they're pulling. But is there any sense like this is just too gross? You know that it goes too far. Is that growing in New York? Or is it only this people that have known this all along was crazy stuff?
Speaker 1: No, it's definitely growing in New York. It's a typical democratic stuff, always overplaying their hand. Watched the video of Trump visiting Harlem after the trial yesterday. Study that video. When he gets out of the car, this is Harlem, this should be a democratic neighborhood. They are cheering, applauding, chanting for him. Watch when he comes out of the bodega. They're plotting, cheering. He was a conquering hero there. And remember when you think most of the crowd would be democratic. They're mad at the Demo. You're really mad because these crazy, woke left Democrats have been running their neighborhood and ruining it. They've subjected him the worst crime way. People are mad. Remember Reagan won New York twice for almost the same reasons, the crime, the inflation, the costs. I think Trump has a real good shot at winning New York this time.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's that's a bold statement, to be sure.
Speaker 2: What would do you have any any particular thoughts on some of the jury selection as it's happens. I think they've seen it as you and I are talking about a half dozen and I'm six or seven of them. Do you see anyone in there? I know they've put out these sort of general descriptions of them. You say, maybe that's the guy or gal who's just going to stand to thwart the madness and say stop, we're not doing this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, this is not going to go well with this jury selection. Yeah, you know, if we're somewhere else, like if Trump could get a blue collar guy on the jury, he's gonna be okay. But there's no blue collar workers for the most part living in Manhattan. They're taking Wednesday off every week in the truck. Usually it's Friday they takeoff. Now, why would they make it Wednesday. A lot of people believe the judge is trying to make it impossible for an Orthodox Jew to be on this jury because that community supports Trump. It's Wednesday thing before.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I mean all you and I know this, All you need is one NYPD guy, one FDNY guy, and you'd be in a whole different world here, because they're just not going to go along with the sham and no one's going to bully them into it either. But you know, you get a bunch of like teaching assistant software workers and cultural studies majors, And I mean, I'm worried. I am worried that Trump is going to be convicted. How concerned are you about that?
Speaker 1: It could be convicted? But nothing will stand up on appeal. Absolutely nothing. A non disclosure, I know they call it hush money. It's not illegal. There's no crime there falsifying business records. It has to be to commit some kind of fraud. The business records never left his own file, so there can't be any fraud. This election interference. The Federal Election Commission said no. Any appeals court has to toss this out and he can't go to jail. Secret Services kind of made that clear. If he was, it would be some kind of house arrest. But it's not gonna that's not going to happen.
Speaker 2: The whole thing to me then it obviously it's so frustrating Mark, because they're they're breaking all they talk about norms. I mean, they're breaking all not just norms but common sense and common decency rules we would all have or an election.
Speaker 3: We all know what's going on here. We all know they're holding this.
Speaker 2: They can get Trump, But I just want to is it because they think if they get a conviction on this absurd trial in New York, meaning just they get the conviction. Right, Oh, he's a convicted felon. Now that then he loses the election? Is that all this comes down to for Alvin Bragg and those who are pushing this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not going to work. And I think the other reason it's an excuse to get out of the debates. Biden will say why I can't debate him he's indicted. Well, you're the one that indicted him, so that's some system indict the guy and say you can't debate him because he's indicted. But again, they're going too far. This doesn't pass the laugh test or the smell test. You might get away with it Manhattan, but you're not going to get away with it in America.
Speaker 2: I don't think. I really don't think so. And I think, well, let me come back. We're going to a quick word from our sponsor, re Mark, to come back with this. How you think it's backfiring? And what do you think their moves are going to be to try to stop Trump? Up to this point? But first off, you know Mark, are you coffee drinker all the time?
Speaker 3: Oh? Man, I'm going to send you some.
Speaker 2: We founded a coffee company, Clay and I did Crockett Cooffee dot Com. Delicious Roast to order beads. They're fantastic and it's in the spirit of Davy Crockett himself. You know, I know you like history. I'm a history guy. Davy Crockett. The frontier, that period of America is fascinating, So we wanted to build a company that also, by the ways giving it. We're partnered with Tunnel to Towers, which I know you're very involved with and and a fan of that organization. They do amazing work, So some of our proceeds goes to Tunnel the Towers. So I'm gonna send you some Crockett Coffee. But for anyone out there listening Crockett Coffee dot Com again, that's Crocketcoffee dot com. Please subscribe best way to do it. Then it gets delivered every month. You don't have to think about it. And if you go subscription, you get a nice deal. Also, if you get more than sixty dollars in your order, which is not allowing me to think of coffee, you can get two months at a time. It's good for months the coffee that you get. If you get over sixty dollars worth of coffee, you get free shipping, which is really nice, so please go check it out or you have to send something to mystery in New York. Hopefully it is acceptable to his refined palate. He's a very refined fellow, so I think that he's going to find this to be very very good. Coffee mark. All the legal stuff, like we just said, all the legal stuff Atlanta, New York, J six and d C, Florida, mar al Lago documents. We have to come up with these weird shorthands even talk about them. Is it all just blowing up in the Democrats faces? Do they realize it? And if so, what are they going to do about it?
Speaker 1: Is it's gonna look ridiculous. Most people haven't really really focused on it, But when you focus on it. Nobody ever has been in four criminal trials at the same time. John Gotti didn't have four trials at the same time. Nobody has even Again, Dershwitz says, it's totally against all laws in this country. You have to get people time to prepare for a trial. You can't with four trials at once. Every single person Letitia James, to prosecutor in New York, visited the White House. Alvin Bragg visited the White White House, Fannie Willis's guy, two eight hour meetings in the White House. In fact, the disc attorney here Bragg had turned down this case. He didn't think there was anything there. Biden administration sent one of their top guys to join the DA's office in a weird job that never existed before, an executive consultant. He's the one running the trial. It's clear you don't have to be Columbi to figure out this is actually being coordinated by the Biden administration. So all of that's going to come out to the public at some point and they'll realize this is just Soviet style Stalinist nonsense.
Speaker 2: And so then what do you think that you know, people keep asking me, because there's this sense, after what we saw in twenty twenty, the Democrats they've got to have another trick.
Speaker 3: Or perhaps many up their sleeve.
Speaker 2: You know, do you think they can try to ram through the J six case against Trump and DC so they get it started before the election, like because right now it just seems like Biden, if it's just a head to head competition between Biden Trump, they're already doing election and interference and Trump is already ahead in every swing state by every poll, right, so it must look like Biden can't win. They've run out of time really to replace him, unless they pull something crazy at the DNC, which I don't think they I don't think they're going to do. Do they just have to play this out then? I mean, is and just hope, Like, do you see something where they think they can turn the tide? And if so, what would that be?
Speaker 1: No? No, you know, they live in a bubble. They live in DC, they live in Manhattan. They just live in this bubble. January sixth they didn't realize to the middle of America. They barely remember what you have to explain to them. January sixth was a trespassing incident three years ago. I mean, it was a horrible trustpassing incident. But that's all it was. It's not an issue in the campaign by any stretch of the imagination. And the biggest fear none of this is going to work is that they got something up their sleeves some horrible September October surprise. Who knows.
Speaker 2: I mean, you're hearing this from your audit, right. People keep asking me, they like they must have something. I'm like, well, if they have it. I don't know what it is. I mean, they might have something they think is going to work, but I mean, remember they they thought they thought back in twenty sixteen Billy Bush tape, it was it was lights out for Trump and it wasn't.
Speaker 1: So yeah, now, I don't you know the fifty one guys that signed the letter, those shadowy awful Clapper Brennan. The only thing is when they went to get him in twenty twenty, all they had was a letter they wrote. So hopefully they haven't got anything. Hopefully. I mean, if that's all they could do in twenty twenty, what could they do now? Trump is just going to get stronger and stronger. You know, all this trying and criminal cases, all of this has kind of reinforced that image with a lot of people. He's like a superhero. He's like bullets bouncing off his chest.
Speaker 2: It's incredible. It's incredible what he's been able to continue through. I know so many people who say, just the prospect and meaning people I know from law enforcement side, work in the criminal justice system as prosecutors. They say, just a felony indictment against most people, and you know, they got to like just be taking boatloads of xanax and oh my god, my life is ruined.
Speaker 3: And what am I going to do?
Speaker 2: And you know, Trump's like playing golf and he's like, they're not going to beat me. They're just not It is remarkable. And you know, he told me at mar Alago during the interview we did recently, He's like, I'm just built differently. And I said, you certainly are. I want to ask you this Mark. You know, Trump went up to the bodega, right, he went to pay visit to the guy who defended himself that brag Brag initially charged with murder. What do you think about the you know, the optics of that move as it pertains to everything going on in New York and and just how's the how's the mayor doing there with crime? I mean, how's the situation?
Speaker 1: It's bad? Uh. Trump is going to do more of this in the next few weeks. He's going to do one of these every couple of days. For the optics. He's going to go to the migrant hotel and do a press conference in front of there. You know, if you want a site of where a terrible thing happened and Bragg let the criminal go there's dozens and dozens of places. They may actually give him a change of venue just to put an end to that if it gets too effective. But he's also looking at rallies one in the Bronx, one of Madison Square Garden. He's going to really I mean, may not be able to travel around in campaign, but he's going to campaign hard here and again he could win New York. It's very possible. People are really upset in New York and the mayor's basically a good guy. He'd love to solve all the problems, but he hasn't got a clue as to what to do about it. He has no skills in this area. He's not an executive. He just can't get anything done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was My concern about him was even if I do think that he wishes he could get the crime situation under control, and this is what I hear from people, but he you know, he doesn't have he doesn't have the team in place at the executive level to be able to do what's necessary. And I think he lacks some of the understanding on the criminal justice side of what it would really require. Now it reminds me patriot defender, everybody it's no call legal defense to protect your rights, freedom's reputation, and your way of life. So if you have to defend yourself, let's say concealed carry case, any kind of physical defense of yourself, your legal defense is covered by Patriot Defender. Patriot defender dot com is their website. But they also cover any violation of rights because of politics. So if you're right for free speech is denied, suffer consequences, your legal defense is covered. Speak up at a school board meeting about vaccine mandates consequences, and your legal defense is covered. I'm a big believer in this kind of defense. I'm a partner in Patriot Defender. I really believe in what they're doing. So please sign up. Probably already have it in your state. Most states, I think now already offer this. This membership patriot defender dot com the only membership that goes beyond defense for concealed carry weapons Patriotdefender dot com. Sign up today and uh mark just before before we let you go. So can I quote you in saying that you think they'll at least be a surge for Trump in New York going into this election.
Speaker 3: Is that fair?
Speaker 2: I won't go as far as to say he's gonna win New York. That'd be crazy. But you think he's gonna He's gonna surprise people.
Speaker 1: I think he could win New York. Reagan did it truck twice. We had this a great Republican candidate, Leezeldon, who came pretty close within a couple hundred thousand votes. Are winning. If I told you a private citizen with no experience could get himself elected president of United States, you'd say that's insane. He's done the impossible before. He could win New York. Hey, look at Biden in Pennsylvania. Nobody showed up. Twelve people showed up for the rally. If you appeared in scrant and you'd get thousands of people. He's the president, nobody showed up.
Speaker 2: I'm all right, since you're doublin nomina quote. Mark Simone says, it's it's in play. It's a long shot, but it's in play. Trump could win New York.
Speaker 1: He's got a shot.
Speaker 3: I keep trying to hedge for him. He won't let me.
Speaker 2: He's like, no, it's not a long shot. It's in play, all right. Mark Simone says, New York is in play for Trump. We're gonna We're gonna hit that headline hard and please go subscribe. I told Mark this before, and I don't say this to you know, people come on the show. I actually listen when I can in the morning, when I'm having my crock of coffee. By the way, every day, yeah, I listened to Mark Show.
Speaker 3: He does a great job.
Speaker 2: And the only problem with listening to Mark Show is it reminds me of home and makes me a little harmsick for New York sometimes. But anyway, go subscribe to the Mark Simone podcast for any of you who haven't been listening. Does great analysis, great news coverage. Mark as always, thanks so much man, Thanks for all you do, Thanks.
Speaker 1: For having me. Love it.