Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 3: Get your tickets to invest Vests. Sean Diddy COHMS has been confirmed as a headliner. Congratulations to the great Robert Smith who sold a company for four point four point six billion dollars.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 3: It was a cybersecurity I believe cybersecurity company name uh a.
Speaker 4: Patio.
Speaker 5: Microsoft purchased it.
Speaker 3: Correct, IBM Mike Rossoft, No, IBM purchased it.
Speaker 5: Four Uh.
Speaker 3: He made a lot of money on that transaction. So let's break this down how this work quickly. It wasn't that he sold his company. I still a lot of people that that was a little confused in the comments section, saying like, you know, they know we shouldn't be selling our companies.
Speaker 6: So four billion, ye say it for four billion? Yes you should, Yes you should. If somebody off of y'all four billion, listen, you can sell a red pandem might have two and a half. Right now, I'll even hit at the table. Let me get my fifty slap tander. We shouldn't sell companies. The purpose of buying a company or building a company is to sell it so then can enjoy time with your family, not to be slaves forever.
Speaker 5: Or perhaps create more companies. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well the thing with his so his business is private equity. So they what they do is that they purchase companies. Right, They invest in companies, but they pretty much like purchase the company they they own. Majorities take in the company. So they'll buy X, Y and Z company and they'll pay one hundred million dollars to have fifty one percent ownership of the company. And the reason why the owner of the business will do that is because you know, they feel like they have taken it to the point where they can't take it any further. And now you know they need they need to scale it, they need resources, they need money. What did with the hope and the attention that the company is valued at one hundred million today. By the time that they sell it, they might sell it for a billion, right, and then everybody eats because now you're going to make money on that on that side as well. So that's actually what he does for a living. He buys companies and then he sells them. Paul Judge just texts me, that's ironic, Paul, So.
Speaker 2: We need your Paul on the show. And Rashan Williams my brother.
Speaker 6: I know you're not doing interviews, but if we can get you and Paul on the show together, that would be great.
Speaker 2: For the culture. I bet rasa go ahead.
Speaker 4: Gotta put it out there for sure.
Speaker 3: So it's his, it's it's his business model to buy companies and to sell them. So we just have to educate the public to understand that he didn't sell out. It's not like he you know, sold his company, and he could. He could sell his company if he wants. That's his that's his right, but that's not actually what happened. So he sold and he sells companies all the time. This was just a very big sale. So, yeah, he sold the company for four point six billion. Everybody made a lot of money in that transaction. It's not like he gets four point six billion obviously, because he has partners in the company and you know, the owner original owners.
Speaker 4: So let's say he made a hundred million. No matter what, he made a lot of money, right.
Speaker 3: So this is something that very important piece of news. And of course he will be headlining invest FST. So it's crazy because that came out and then at the same week our other headliner, Diddy made news. It came out that Diago parted ways with him. And that's a big deal as far as the the tequila brand that he has and really understanding the business side of that. And he enlightened us to a variety of different things that we weren't aware of when We spoke to him about the the liquor industry and why he sued and why he felt that it was it wasn't fairly done, and he was saying, like, you know, the information is important for entrepreneurs to know when you're dealing with corporate like how they take advantage of people and how they, you know, play off with your ignorance. So he's the headline as well. And then the other key headliner in this situation is Richard Paul And it came out that on the first day, on the first day of NBA Free Agency, three hundred and ninety million closed in contracts for three of his clients and he will be at invest Fest.
Speaker 7: And that was just in the first day. He has since added more to that portfolio. We just saw, uh, Anthony Edwards just signed an extension for over two hundred and sixty million.
Speaker 5: They are there, they're Richard.
Speaker 4: But here's the best thing.
Speaker 3: There's a bunch of other people that we can't announce it.
Speaker 4: We announced my line up out of practice patience.
Speaker 7: There was a text that came through two days ago that you don't even know about that we I'm gonna have to text you about. That's been added, it is historic is an understatement. Monumentous is an understatement. What's gonna happen here is something that is going to be beyond legendary. When you have this level of talent, this level of brain capacity, this level.
Speaker 5: Of earners, what's up.
Speaker 7: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like the checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners. Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com, backslash, go, backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl, don't wait, don't hesitate. Let Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure, they definitely can be, but understanding a professional's routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save plan, make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas. Man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals. Caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you were here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day. Imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right.
Speaker 7: Leave now.
Speaker 1: Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 7: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security of excellence in the same place at one time.
Speaker 5: What's about to happen for our community is going to be life changing.
Speaker 3: Man, get your tickets to a beside. This is something that's never been done before, ever in history of the world. And get your hotel. We have a hotel block. It's on a website.
Speaker 4: Do you now watch to the.
Speaker 6: Last minute or you'll be staying in Tennessee trying to drive over.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So the first hotel block is going, but I think they have the second one at the higher regency the regency. So if you're trying to get a hotel tap in at the High Regency, go to our website investments dot com.
Speaker 5: Get all the information. Make sure y'all get your rooms. Y'all want to be there in person. Be there early. We're going to be there about a week early. We're gonna be doing a couple of other things that we're gonna announce, but make.
Speaker 4: But I want to say something too about it.
Speaker 3: A This is a lot of people say all the time where it's like, well, if he sold it for four billion, then it was worth twenty eight They get this from this master P thing when master P was like, well, well.
Speaker 4: For sure.
Speaker 3: But I mean, yeah, it's kind of common sense if just think about this logically, right, if you're selling something to me and I'm buying it from you, I think that it's more valuable than what you're selling it for, or I wouldn't buy it.
Speaker 4: That's just that's just that's just the common Yeah.
Speaker 3: And it's supply chain for them to make it's a it's the system only works if there's a buyer and a seller. There has to be a seller for the system to work. If there's no if there's no seller, it's not going to work. So this is like the original barter system right where it's like, if you're selling me something, I think that I'm going to pay for it right now, but it's worth more than that, or I wouldn't buy it. So that's not the best way to go about it. To think like, well, if he sold it for four billion and hel much, because it might not be in his interest to keep the company for twenty years and nurture it, and he got a bunch of other he's buying a hundred companies in that timeframe, right, Like his model is to buy it, build it, and sell it. IBM's model might be to groom it, grow it. Neither one of them are bad, but we have to be careful because we just we're repeating narratives that we fully don't even understand ourselves.
Speaker 2: And maybe that didn't work for other people. Yeah, you can hold.
Speaker 6: On to like So, if you're an entrepreneur and you sell to or have an angel invest, there needs to be room for the angel to invest and take it to venture.
Speaker 2: Venture needs to be able to take it to.
Speaker 6: Private equity or go public once the IPOs It needs to be room for the retail investor to have room for it to grow.
Speaker 2: Also, you should know what that multiple is.
Speaker 6: So if I take Randpanda and sell it to Schwab for two and a half, I need to know how long it take them to get to a multiple sixteen for it to be worth it in a down economic environment over a four or five year period.
Speaker 2: Otherwise no deal.
Speaker 6: That's why you have to study every market, every swath of investor, whether it's small, large.
Speaker 2: Private equity.
Speaker 6: And that's why if you come to market mondays or investment, that's like you need to listen to all the not just if you're in real estate, you need to listen to more of the private equity and publicly traded side. If you're in stocks, you need to go listen to pe in venture and media because you need to. Even when we talk about celebrities, a lot of times people say why the celebrity is also the marketing engine for the company for it to go public. Going back to Diddy, there's no way in hell they shouldn't have offered him equity and they're offering him royalty on products. But when Jay said I wanted to buy this to one point five after they said it was one point five.
Speaker 2: Why wouldn't you sell it?
Speaker 6: Because it is worth way more and you don't want him to get control and interest. But if you're not having these conversations in your own reading the headlines on Instagram and Twitter, it may not make sense.
Speaker 2: It's been you want to talk Ponzi schemes.
Speaker 6: That entire liquor market and how they've been using us for branded and marketing for the last thirty years is fucking egregious. No one would have been buying that product if it wasn't for Diddy.
Speaker 7: M And I mean the part that people got to realize is that the amount of time that it took for him to even get to that point, Right, he's been trying to have his own spirits for twenty years. Like we're watching it over the past ten like this is great, Like we started seeing those so rock commercials and maybe in O eight on nine when he's you know, they're doing the Oceans eleven.
Speaker 5: That's O eight on nine.
Speaker 7: But like he's fighting that since the early two thousand, right, And what he's fighting for is not just for himself, it's for what's coming after that, for the next person who wants to have their own spirits.
Speaker 5: Right, So you're not gonna you're not.
Speaker 7: Just gonna treat him away and set a bar in a standard for everybody that comes behind him. He's trying to make sure that everybody makes profit and makes it a situation that it benefits both parties, not just the one side.
Speaker 5: And that's what we've seen.
Speaker 6: So once again, these companies like hedge funds are owned by small families. Yeah, and often they won't let other families and of a certain hue. And we have to have a coalition to figure out away how to be able to do so.
Speaker 7: And still we brought up the Asia when we would and market money is live in London, right, we're gonna be talking about company and we talked about over the percent since nineteen ninety three has been up twelve hundred. Has a lot to do, say the marketing from people from our culture.
Speaker 4: Oh well, mind to the situation.
Speaker 3: My graduates from my school being forced back drop bag drop, Mike drop back drop drop.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.