Speaker 1: Okay, so we're gonna change theme song. We have to yell sports. We have to go sports. Okay, okay, everybody good. Casey's first time have you ever yelled sports with us?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, let's let you do it by yourself. You deserve this case Oh yeah, this is Casey by himself. So during the gap, you yell sports.
Speaker 2: Okay, do you know what gap we're talking about? No?
Speaker 1: Okay, what's on you to find it? Okay, ready to go, Mike, Podcast Call twenty fives Sports. No, wow, wow, okay you heard it? No, now now I heard it?
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: He was looking at us like I was like, wait, man, what's going on?
Speaker 3: And go? All right?
Speaker 1: Podcast Call twenty fives Stocking Sports.
Speaker 4: Yes, and they whizz.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, it's too bad, but what did you expect.
Speaker 1: It's a podcast twenty five wits.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 1: Welcome, Maddie blow it.
Speaker 3: Here we go.
Speaker 1: I'm going to start with me getting triggered on Twitter. Well, it wasn't that bad. Some times that I get triggered, it gets really bad.
Speaker 2: They talk about the hogs.
Speaker 4: No pickleball.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, so I have these meta glasses that I was wearing during pickleball yesterday, and I would just turn them on at times the prescription. So it took a while to get in. But you can just hit a button and it records. Now you can't record like an hour, but you can record, you know, fifteen seconds there, thirty seconds there. And so George Burge was over yesterday. We're hitting the pickle ball and I wrote first day back with the pickle plan on going pro this year in singles, using meta glasses for improvement notes and really I was just showing how cold the glasses are.
Speaker 6: And so.
Speaker 1: Jason Miller says, you need to come up to the net if you plan out being a serious player. Okay, shut up, Jason.
Speaker 2: He was talking about your placement on the court, like we're you're standing.
Speaker 1: Also, I'm just hitting the ball right, It doesn't matter. I said, you ain't serious. You're playing that doubles we wee life. I'm playing a man's version.
Speaker 2: Nice got him.
Speaker 1: And then some guy named Jason Scott Wrestling comes in after that and goes, any good player would come up to the net and singles and pick you apart, find some real competition. Dang, And I said, you talk a lot about looking at your pictures. You don't do anything athletic. Well, and I wrote that before you even looked at his pictures.
Speaker 3: Is he ripped?
Speaker 1: No, But I think he's like a wrestling coach or something. Oh okay, he definitely was some sort of athlete.
Speaker 3: I don't know that.
Speaker 1: I just say that I'm just in the let me trigger them back mode at that point, because I'm just hitting a ball. I didn't even say we're like in the middle of a game. We're just smacking the ball, agatting. We're playing a little more than a game. I mean a little less in a little more than getting loose, but a little less than a game because we're just first time back. So we're just getting some reps in. And so he writes, huh, I was a D one athlete for four years. Oh boy, So I say, I'll play you. I'll come to you one thousand dollars. Money needs to be put in an account before I get there. I'll do the same.
Speaker 2: Did you see where he lived?
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot of stuff was Ohio based on his pictures, So we can get there. So he says, man, you're triggered. Well, first of all, you must have been triggered to right under someone's random video talking garbage about their pickleball game. He said, let's go come up to Cleveland, let's play home court. Is Lifetime Fitness any weekend in April. Last time Tennessee came up north, we saw what happened. I'm not a Valls fan. Okay, that doesn't affect me. Lord, So like I'm in.
Speaker 2: You're representing Tennessee.
Speaker 1: Man, No, I'm representing me. I'm not represented Cleveland.
Speaker 2: Does he does in his Why does he come to you?
Speaker 1: Oh? I guess because you know I said I'll come to him. But but I'm not going up there until his money is in an account. So if he wants and I may lose, I don't know how to go to you guys, I may lose, but this is I'm willing to do it.
Speaker 2: This is fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I'm gonna respond right now.
Speaker 4: I'm in.
Speaker 1: The money needs to be I gotta make sure I go up on a weekend in April. The money needs to be deposited in an account first, because I don't want you no showing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's like the Annie.
Speaker 1: I'll do the same.
Speaker 4: Deal.
Speaker 2: Send what's the amount?
Speaker 1: That's awesome?
Speaker 2: We need to check with Lifetime Fitness to you have a membership. Do we need to get your membership?
Speaker 4: He probably get a date.
Speaker 1: He'll probably bring me a guest to make sure you get go all the way to Cleveland.
Speaker 2: You can get in there, but.
Speaker 1: We'd probably find a different court we could play on though, because they may not let me bring all you guys.
Speaker 4: Because we have to go in with to shoot it.
Speaker 2: He can't have five guests.
Speaker 4: He may have like his people there. I need my people there.
Speaker 1: I'm looking. I'm just gonna be real honest here. I'm going to his page and it's a bunch I think he's a wrestling coach, but I don't see him. I just see a bunch of like wrestling kids. But anyway, I wasso triggered. I was just like, let's just throw money at it and go down.
Speaker 4: So I don't know.
Speaker 2: Did he say what is what his sport was?
Speaker 1: It has to be wrestling because he's a wrestling coach.
Speaker 2: But you're playing pickleball, so okay whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, See if you can find him Jason Scott, See if you can find like.
Speaker 2: His background as uh you're looking up because.
Speaker 1: Sports Jason Scott Wrestling is his Twitter. It's under Scott Underscore Wrestling but see if you can find him, like wrestling at Ohio State or something. I'm not scared. This is awesome and I think it would be a fun bit to do too. And if I lose, I will take and I will tip my hat to somebody who talked crap, because most people to talk crap can't back it up. And if he end up beating me, I'm gonna wish it somebody that couldn't back it up.
Speaker 4: But I'm in.
Speaker 2: And what's uh? What what are we date were looking at? Roughly?
Speaker 1: He said, any weekend in April April.
Speaker 2: So it gives you time to kind of train a little bit.
Speaker 1: And I'm already going to be working out practicing.
Speaker 2: So is the weather going to be warm like from here on out or are we kind of just getting lucky.
Speaker 1: I think it's good. I mean I think it won't be as today's going to be really good. Yeah, but I think it won't be this good all the time for the next few weeks. But I think it stays pretty good. Like high are low fifties coming up, but I think now good, we've without some crazy front coming in. We're pretty much at the worst fifty forty eight, forty nine to fifty good at the best sixties.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm done with that.
Speaker 3: Yeah that cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: How excited were you when you saw like sun and warm? You're like, I get to play pickle.
Speaker 1: I was so excited that I just text George yesterday out of nowhere. I was like, Hey, I'm about to hop out on the court and hit some balls. I text read too. Read's like I diarrhea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what a laxative. It was not a good idea.
Speaker 6: I was trying to clear myself out, man.
Speaker 1: All right. I texted them reads like A can't and George's like, I'm in. So George came over and we've hit some balls and played a little bit.
Speaker 2: That was it.
Speaker 1: It was so last minute. It was awesome. But I'm gonna see if you can find more about this information you looking about Kevin.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm looking on your Twitter right now the post and I don't see him.
Speaker 1: Just go under that post and you just follow it down.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, we have Wade Phillips coming up Dallas Cowboys, former head coach.
Speaker 2: Pretty cool coaching in the UFL, the son of bum Phillips.
Speaker 1: You've been watching watch college basketball?
Speaker 2: Uh? Yeah, yeah, every pretty much every day. Sundays are they don't have like there's only like four or five games going on Sunday. But that's it.
Speaker 1: I won't spend a whole much time talking about it. I have also been watching a decent amount mostly SEC games, ninety s.
Speaker 2: Game SEC's playing that. I mean, they're awesome.
Speaker 1: They're gonna have twelve or thirteen teams in the Den, yeah, which is wild because Arkansas has a great chance to get in and they won't even be five hundred conference. But all the teams are so good, supposedly they're gonna put a lot in. Auburn is the favorite to one at all at plus three sixty?
Speaker 2: Are they so dominant?
Speaker 1: Duke at plus three seventy, they're so so much one and two that the next one up, Houston's at plus eight hundred.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Houston's you know, you never know who're gonna get when you see Houston.
Speaker 1: They think that two SEC teams will be the two one seeds of the four. Wow, Florida, Bama, Tennessee coming in at four, five and six in the betting odds selection. Sunday is Mark sixteenth, that's six pm Eastern on CBS, So that's fun. Another story the Steve Smith story blows my mind. Yeah affair, Steve Sith was banging some dud's wife. Yeah, and he found out and his do it all on the internet.
Speaker 2: He did it, he let it out husband.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wild.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 1: Over the weekend, former NFL wide receiver Steve Smith took a beating on social media. Tony Martinez unloaded with accusations and apparent receipts accusing Smith of getting more than a little friendly with his wife, Nicole Martinez. Not only did Martinez post screenshots of what appear to be graphic texts between Smith and his wife, he also posted a video where he called Steve Smith and he's like, hey man, he slept with my wife. And Steve Smith goes, I'm sorry, whoa, that's all whoa. There's really been no public comment, but it was some dirty stuff. The article I'm reading it from Yahoo where Steve Smith Smith was like, that's want to fill that wet pee?
Speaker 2: What on earth? Apparently is Steve Smith married?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, the kids and apparently she played in the Carolina Panther band.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, the like the NFL have a band.
Speaker 1: I'm all a positive, I'm not crazy on this. I think she played in the Panther like the Marching band.
Speaker 4: I think they have a band like I know that they have the big drum right to keep pounding. That's their thing.
Speaker 2: But that's not official. I don't think it's like a fan, but.
Speaker 1: I think Casey. Would you google this, the Carolina Panther pet band. I'm pretty sure she played in it, and there was one time that he was like directing it.
Speaker 3: Lord.
Speaker 1: So this is how it all started, the messages he put out there. The guy ended up taking it all down and then taking his account down to but he took his cheating wife. I'm seeing the percussion p u r R per per Yeah, percussion.
Speaker 4: Okay, Baltimore Ravens band.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's what it was, the Ravens.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 2: Well there's also the percussion.
Speaker 4: Good point.
Speaker 1: I think of him so much as a panther. Yeah right, he played with that raven Yeah, yeah, it was the raven band. You're right, Wow, gotcha.
Speaker 2: Wild.
Speaker 1: You know she had to see that stuff on the internet and be like, oh my god, like she must feel like her her life is run. Now did she do it? It looks like it. You think it's too much, You think it was too much for him to do that.
Speaker 2: No, heck, no, you don't think it's too much. No, you don't think it could be handled a different way?
Speaker 4: No, I mean he definitely, like he definitely you know, watched out and wasn't thinking clearly and justly found out and then just went crazy. But how can you blame him? I don't be pretty upset.
Speaker 1: I don't like, I don't want to. I don't want to blame him. Yeah, when she's the one that cheated, I just ask if you think his mode of operation was appropriate or not, because it's definitely on her and Steve Smith. But Steve's Smith's to his family, right, Steve Smiths's ha any loyalty to that dude, right, Steve Smith's his his with his family.
Speaker 2: Which is probably his thinking like this is I mean everyone's gonna find out his family, the world, like.
Speaker 1: Everybody must pay.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I don't hate it.
Speaker 1: I don't know that I would do it because I would feel embarrassed too, and I think I would have it'd be so personal to me, is I don't want to embrassed. I'm just gonna handle it divorced, like you'd be embarrassed at your wife cheated on you with somebody famous with bigger Wiener. Mm hmm, it is that dude's aboosed.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: She even said he like I think one of the things where it was he like knocked her, I U d you whatever the birth controlling in her like flipped it.
Speaker 4: Then I'd keep a secret.
Speaker 2: He fled it.
Speaker 1: I think that's what it was with it in there, don't know. That's a big story over the weekend. I was kind of in that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was the headline for me. I was like, Wow, it's crazy, and then I moved on.
Speaker 1: I just read more and more and more. The Yankees will allow facial hair. Let's go over to Casey, our Yankee fan. Yeah, it's about time.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 2: I think it's about time.
Speaker 4: You know, beard today.
Speaker 1: If the Yankees get it, Casey gets it, that's what it is.
Speaker 2: Because of it.
Speaker 4: He just wanted to shine the pigs. I love George.
Speaker 1: You know you do have a beard for the first time.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well I finally grew it out and it took about like a week and a half. This is you know, Harry Italian over here gets a beard.
Speaker 4: As a Yankees fan, are you fine with this?
Speaker 3: Good with this?
Speaker 1: Battery?
Speaker 2: I'm cool with this.
Speaker 7: It's not going to make a much of a difference on the field. So but you know, yeah, I liked that they had this rule because it was their rule. But like they're still kind of you know, it's like they're more lenient.
Speaker 1: Yes, it does say like well manicured right in the language. Now, so you can't really have you know, the zz top.
Speaker 2: Beard, right, well, can you have a shadow?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you could always have kind of a little five o'clock shadow.
Speaker 1: They'd allow well groomed beards for players in a stash and mustache came the mustache though, could never go beyond the it can never handlebar it. No, you couldn't do the foo man chew, which is which is the mustache all the way down in the middle of the go t shaved out. So I like the Yankees had that weird rule. I thought it was a weird rule, but I liked it because they were like known for It's like, if you want to be the tip top, you got to shave off your face. It's a crazy rule. So yeah, so they were lying facial here there's a Wimby Rookie card that sold for eight hundred and sixty thousand dollars, which, by the way, we haven't been on since last Monday. But Wemby's out for the year with that blood clot and the shoulder. He is Chris bosh So and he retired from.
Speaker 2: The same thing. And my mom got tickets to go see the Spurs in Austin, which was like this past week, and they played Detroit and he was playing who do.
Speaker 1: I feel more sad for your mom or Wimby with the blood clot You're trying to take away his And he's like, no, that's nothing, my mom my mom. Yeah, Like, blood clot's a real deal. Hey, this is scary season ending injury for when Binyama didn't stop a collector from spending a fortune on his rookie card. Golden Auctions announced that the twenty twenty three Pinini Prism Nebula Choice one of one Wemby card went for a final bidding price of eight hundred and sixty thousand, one hundred dollars. That's a new record for a Wimby rookie card. The previous high was five hundred and sixteen thousand for a twenty twenty three Prism Black Schomer one of one. Sources the athletic crazy. When usually in the story and you're looking at the news, you start to get numbed to people paying a bunch of money for stupid things. But when you really think about paying eight hundred and sixty thousand dollars for a card, card, a piece of now, it's not that because a piece of paper, a stock is a piece of paper.
Speaker 2: I get it right. I mean a crypto bitcoin is nothing.
Speaker 1: Yes, it is an investment into a human who may never come back. Yeah, who may have may come back and not be as good. For that kind of price, you need this person to be one of the greatest players of all time. Spend that kind of money. Yeah, and everything it was shape shaping up for him to be. I mean he was in for defensive player. He's gonna win defensive Player the year. This year he's not eligible. Now I won't play enough games. But this is after the blood clot The guy still bought the card. Wow, eight hundred and sixty thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: You think he saw it as a bargain. Then he's like, you know what, he's hurt right now, his stock is low. Let's buy this.
Speaker 1: Maybe it'll double if he comes back and it's a big if. But if he does, I'm gonna go know kind of, so the no is going to be he had to start bidding. I think when the auction started, the bidding started when Winby was still healthy.
Speaker 2: Ok okay, so does it last that long? Biddings like bids, Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Some of them are two weeks, some of them are a week. I have the Golden app I buy a bunch of stuff from it. So I think he probably got in one hundred two hundred thousand if I'm just speculating, And maybe it didn't go as high as it would have had he been healthy, because it could have been a million dollar card if he'd have been healthy. So maybe the price was lower. But I don't think anybody just jumped in like I'll get it cheaper because he's hurt. He could have been a guy that was already in the mix, and it's like I'll go up to this amount because he's heard in one or stuff I've done before. It's like, I'll go up to this and I'm like, oh, got up. Somebody out bids me. Please, somebody out bid me. I gave read a bunch of cards reading now are getting back in the card business I have. You can open it up for him, read, and I have an eBay business of cards.
Speaker 2: Dude, that case is so legit with a lock on it or two locks on it. Yeah, oh, we gotta turn away. He's doing a combo read.
Speaker 1: I forgot how to get the case open.
Speaker 2: I think upside down read.
Speaker 6: It's not upside down, is it?
Speaker 1: It's upside down read?
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh, I had so. Read sells them on the eBay page.
Speaker 1: And then he mails them and he gets ten percent of all profit.
Speaker 2: That's great, very nice.
Speaker 6: This one might actually be locked.
Speaker 1: That is, it's not locked. Push the little stings on the side of it. Well, we're gonna do a little experiment here, but.
Speaker 2: You gotta read. You want to bring it over to one of two locks open. It might be stuck.
Speaker 1: If you can get that one, Okay, we'll just wait.
Speaker 2: Looks like there's something going on. Yeah, it's definitely locked.
Speaker 1: I don't know how to get it open. If you like, turn the code. There is no code.
Speaker 2: It looks like they need a key, right.
Speaker 1: I don't have a key either. I swear to God a freed if read bring it over to me. I don't know how to get that open if you like somehow.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well there there's like a combination and key.
Speaker 1: I know, but I've never used either one of them, and I've never turned the combination.
Speaker 2: Hold on, why don't you looks like?
Speaker 1: Just bring it over here at the zero.
Speaker 2: Yeah, put them all to zero.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's it.
Speaker 6: What do you mean I didn't do it?
Speaker 2: Want to look at the other one?
Speaker 6: I just got the case.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but on the ground you're flipping it upside down.
Speaker 2: There you go. I can bring into things, no problem.
Speaker 1: Pull a few of those out. Let's see what we got here.
Speaker 3: Let's do this one.
Speaker 1: That'll be a C. J. Stroud rookie probably.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, Jim ten, come on, beauty.
Speaker 1: I don't really know what's in the box, but I know that I pulled a bunch of a bunch of my cards that were over one thousand dollars each and moved them to its own thing, so there could be some valuable cards in there. But what do you got there?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: This is a Corbyn Carrol is autographed.
Speaker 3: Autographed.
Speaker 1: He's out for the season. I think, well last year. We're about to start a new year.
Speaker 2: I think I think he's out for this. I miss the whole year. I think really, Yeah, it's a hold on of that one.
Speaker 1: No, I sell it. I give that. I try to get that wimbye price. Yeah, what else you got over there? Pick one more out of there?
Speaker 3: What we got? What we got?
Speaker 1: So say?
Speaker 4: Ooh, Mike Trout, is that a pat one of one auto patch?
Speaker 6: Auto?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: I should probably keep that one.
Speaker 4: Now you sell it.
Speaker 1: It's in the box.
Speaker 4: Sell it.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 2: Why you think about keeping that one? Just to wait, it's probably.
Speaker 1: Worth eBay dot com slash mister Bobby Bones four or five hundred bucks that Trout Gunner Henderson baby get ment ten? Okay, we're selling all those Did we get a hundred thousand and one?
Speaker 2: Any of them?
Speaker 6: I get ten percent?
Speaker 1: Let's go ten percent of profit? Buddy, Come on pretty good? Okay, Mike, you're gonna break, yeahs break all right, we'll come back.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Now we're gonna get over to our talk with Wade Phillips, former NFL head coach. He was coach of the Cowboys, coach of the Texans, head coach of the Texans.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He's now the head coach of the San Antonio Brahmas in the UFL, which sharts March twenty eighth. He's also Buffalo Denver won a Super Bowl as defensive coordinator with the Broncos in twenty fifteen. So here we go. This is Wade Phillips, hey coach. Where are you right now?
Speaker 3: I'm in Houston.
Speaker 1: I hear some classical music before we came on. You're rocking out to some Beethoven there.
Speaker 3: What Yeah, yeah, I was just checking out all the music.
Speaker 1: Whenever you were coaching in the NFL, your head coaching stops when it came to young quarterbacks. In the last couple of years, we've seen Jade and Daniels Crush and c J. Stroud before that, who was like the youngest guy that you had that you knew would be really good and they were really good quick, you know.
Speaker 3: I was with Jim Kelly and John Lway and people like that. We knew they were great. When I was at San Diego, we had Drew Brees and he did real well for us, and then we ended out trading him and uh or letting him go actually to Miami at the time, and so but you could tell that we when I went there, there were four and twelve and we went twelve and four the first year with him, so I kind of thought he was going to be a good player.
Speaker 1: Evaluating young players with the combine coming up and then the draft, how much did you like to get in that mix.
Speaker 3: Well, I think coaches ought to always be a part of it. Uh. You know, our general manager Mark Littlebridge does does a great job of really scouting and and doing all that kind of stuff and getting us look at the players. But also he has a he's a great evaluator. So in fact, he he evaluated over a thousand guys the first year we were with him. He's really good and that helps us.
Speaker 1: Was there a guy in the NFL when you would be evaluating that you really were like, I want to, you know, bet at all on this guy, and he was really your guy coming in it ended up being a big success.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I'd have to say J J. Watt With that guy. When I was with the Texans, there was big discussions on who we wanted to take with our first pick, and I was one of them. This stood up for him and and then he turned it out to be pretty good player.
Speaker 1: We have a my friend here who's a massive Cowboys fan. He wants to ask a couple Cowboys questions.
Speaker 2: Hey, coach, loved the Dallas Cowboys, loved when you were the head coach of the Dallas Cowboys. But what was that like being when you got the job? I mean, you know, your pops was the Oilers coach. Was that hard for you to be, like, I'm going to be a Cowboys head coach?
Speaker 3: It wasn't hard for for me. It was hard for my sisters. I have five sisters. They weren't big Dallas Cowboy fans because he you know, we weren't rivals because we're Houston and Dallas kind of a rivalry, but you know, they weren't in the same division or anything or playing against each other very often. So but uh no, it was easy to It was easy to proof the Cowboys when they're paid you.
Speaker 1: What was it like to work under Jerry?
Speaker 3: It was really good. He's a great you know, people don't I'm sure they don't realize, but he's a great family guy. You know, he takes you in and and it is part of his family. Uh you know, he just does things extra for you and your family. So that part, you know, is really special with him. You know that. You know, he's a general manager. I think gets a lot of flat because he's a general manager. But you know, any general manager, I think, uh, you know, if they don't live up to what people think is going to happen, and they're going to get some some of that. But uh, he's a football guy. People don't realize how many played football he's He's been in it a long time and and you know he will Uh he's a good listener as far as you know, listening to the scouts and coaches and who we want to pick and those kinds of things. And he is the decision a decision maker. You know, you can say that for him.
Speaker 2: What about Tony Romo coach? I think a lot of us realize his knowledge of the game and how smart he was and seeing the game when he started commentating. We can see this on television. But what was it like coaching him? I mean, did you know immediately got this guy's his IQ was so good?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's football like he is super Uh he has a feel for the game is but he's got a feel for people too. I mean players that he's played with, and.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: He was special in that way. And yeah, you can tell on TV what kind of I mean, I've been around a lot of smart players, but he was certainly one of the top.
Speaker 1: When people say the coaches make these adjustments in game during halftime, is that overstated? Are you making adjustments all game? And is halftime when you can all get together and talk about it? How important is that or how much of a talking point is that?
Speaker 3: Well, you only have twelve minutes, you know, and so and part of it's getting in the dressing room and out of the dressing room and getting organized and everybody getting you know, a drink of water or whatever they need at halftime and some of them, so you have really very little time. So I think sometimes it's overrated. You know. Of course, sometimes you go in there and you all are help. You know, hey, we've got to we've got to do everything different. But there still are adjustment was made, and I think, you know, I think the good coaches make those adjustments.
Speaker 1: As a head coach or as a defensive coordinator, would you prefer to have game planned against a guy like Michael Vick, like really mobile or a guy like Tom Brady, guy that would you know, sit in the pocket and pick you apart? Which one was more difficult? Which one did you not like doing?
Speaker 3: I was at Atlanta with Michael Vick and his heyday. I mean, so, you know, he was such a great athlete and you know, could really run run the ball like a halfback, which there's there's a lot of quarterbacks nowadays that can run with it, but he, you know, he was a really talented runner. So but we just saw him in practice and you know, and and in the games, and you know, just ah, that what he could do. So so I never didn't really have to play against him. Her coach against him that much. A coach against Tom Brady quite a bit. And he was the greatest you know, he was the greatest quarterback so that I coached against. I mean, no matter what you did, he he could anticipate what you were doing, he could he could process it so quickly. And he had had such a gift of being able to get the ball in the right place at the right time. So yeah, he was hard to play against. Obviously.
Speaker 1: I want to ask you about a few players before we go and just kind of give me your overall thoughts on what it was like coaching them, And I'll start with Reggie White.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Reggie White was a fun guy to be around. They called him the Minister of Defense. And he was a very religious guy, but a real happy, go lucky, lucky guy. Every day was fun. He was fun to be around. Uh he pulled a lot of jokes in practice. One of our coaches that coached him, he would if he turned his back time talking on the chalkboard, Reggie might go over and pull his pants down or something. I mean, he was a he could imitate everybody. He could imitate Buddy Buddy Ryan to a t which the Rookie Show. Every year he was in the Rookie Show, and you know he would do the coaches and everybody would just laugh like crazy, but he did Muhammad Ali and all the I mean, he was but a great guy and obviously a great great player. It's so fun to coach. And you know he set the record. He set the record with twenty one sacks in twelve games when I coast him. So nobody will ever do that. I mean the record is twenty three now, but that's in sixteen games.
Speaker 1: What about JJ Watt You mentioned him earlier, Like, give me a JJ Watt story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jj, they boot him when we drafted them. When when he came in for the draft party, because nobody had ever heard of Houston, nobody had heard of J. J. Watt and uh Wisconsin, you know, from Wisconsin. So the fans didn't really jump on board. And he started fracticing a little bit with us, you know, and man, he was, you know, he was better almost. I mean he was up there with the guys that the great ones that I'd had before, and uh, and I noticed it pretty quickly. And so you know, one day they asked, the press asked me about you know, what about JJ and is he going to make it and all that, and I said, well, JJ's going to be a bus but it's going to be in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: And then Aaron Donald, give me one on him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, tremendously hard worker.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: I was a great talent, but the termed tremendously uh hard working guy that that uh you know, put in the work and the extra work every day. JJ did too. I mean all the great ones seemed to do more than everybody else, you know, whether it's working on their what their craft, we're working on extra lifting more weights or or running more after practice or all those things. All the great ones I've been around a bend like that. And he was certainly that way.
Speaker 1: Where about a month out from the start of the UFL season, where are you in the process now with the.
Speaker 3: Team, well, getting organized, getting our players organizing, and just about having our roster said going into camp, we've had coaches meetings offense, defense, special teams, then the league. We've had meetings with the league. We're having a couple of scrimmages that we're going to have before the season starts. We set those up. We had a rules meeting with Dean Blandino. So we've been busy.
Speaker 1: Are there any rules this season that you're having to go? Okay, I got to prepare myself for this because it's pretty new or different.
Speaker 3: Well, the kickoff, we're going back the old XFL kickoff rule, which I was a part of. So nothing else really changed, but we're going back to the old XFL kickoff.
Speaker 1: So you're the head coach of the San Antonio Brahmas, and so how did you end up that coach of that team? Specifically part of the merger.
Speaker 3: I was with the Houston and when we merged, they had two Houston teams, one in one in the USFL, one in the XFL, and they chose to drop the XFL team Houston team. So but in the meantime, the San Antonio job came open and I was off for that, so I was glad to get that one.
Speaker 1: Well, coach, we really appreciate the time. And UFL season kicks off Friday, March twenty eighth. You guys have the one of my favorite logos in the UFL. You have it on your shirt there too. It's it's such a legit logo. And so we'll be watching for you a little redemption after the championship game last year. You looking forward to getting back in the mix.
Speaker 3: Oh, yeah, it's going to be a great year. It's going to be a fun year. A lot of a lot of new guys, but we get back some of the really good players be back too, So we're looking forward to it. I mean, it's gonna be fun for the fans, and I hope Everybonde enjoys as much as I do. I love it.
Speaker 1: Well, coach, we appreciate it. I hope you have a great day and thank you for the time.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you, thanks coach.
Speaker 1: Did you watch Steve.
Speaker 2: Mcneir documentary finally? Did which you think?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Man, crazy? So I watched one. I don't know, Like ten years ago. I think there was maybe a thirty for thirty or something that I watched so different. They just covered it kind of black and white, like this is what happened, this is what they found, this is what they concluded. Boom and a documentary. This one opens up so many different options of what could have happened to Steve McNair. Crazy dude, Like, and I mean, I just love this. It's happened right down the street. Yeah, and that's crazy.
Speaker 4: Looks a little different now, huh.
Speaker 1: There are scenarios that really the public wasn't told about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, like uh yeah, three or four different scenarios, like when.
Speaker 1: When the police interviewed a certain guy and he was like, oh yeah, I was lying because my girl was near me. Like, there's just a lot of fishy stuff happening in this thing. So do you recommend it?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Like, if you know the Steve McNair story just from what you remember, watch this. It'll change your mind.
Speaker 1: I watched a documentary on yacht rock. Oh that's notes and HBO that's a style of music.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So Bill Simmons has a whole music box series and the Atlantis Moore set was awesome. He did the nineties Woodstock Oh yeah, ninety four. Yeah, there's a whole series, the whole series on HBO. So I watched the yacht Rock one. Yeah, and it kind of started with Man, I can't think of the game. No, it's too dude. So yat rock was not a thing. It happened in like the two thousands with a comedy duo on social media they named yacht rock. Yacht rock was not a thing while it was happening. Oh really, okay, yeah, so they called it yacht rock Logins and so I know Kenny Long Loggins, but I only know Kenny Loggins. I don't know Loggins and Assina, but they were like the unofficial starters of yacht rock. So basically Kevin, it's like, it's like what you white R and B listen to in your in your yacht white soft R and B.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I always thought Hall of Notes is like the epitome of Doobie Brothers. Yeah, so Doobie Brothers ended up being a part of it, but Michael McDonald really was by himself. The Doobie Brothers to me seem a little seventy stonery because their name is Doobie, but they put them in this like they were considered. But again, at the time, there was not a format of yacht rock. It was something invented like two thousands and they just went back and like Sirius has a channel now of yacht rock where it's mostly like white people playing guitars that sing that sound a little R and B when they sing. Yeah, but they're massive hits, almost easy listening now hot A, C, R and B.
Speaker 4: White people love it.
Speaker 2: My cousin Lero, it's all he listens to, Leroy.
Speaker 3: I watched that.
Speaker 4: It was fine.
Speaker 1: So what what?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: What? Did you watch? A documentary on the yacht rock on HBO.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the music latest music box one called rock.
Speaker 4: I'm looking it up on Spotify to see if they have like playlists, you know, Oh yeah, I got them all over Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, h yeah thing.
Speaker 4: Okay, who ever heard of it?
Speaker 1: Are a yacht rock artists?
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Some of the yacht rock artists include by the way, it was a genre of smooth, soft rock, lush production, jazzy influence, sophisticated medalis. Michael McDonald, this is core yacht rock. The king of yacht rock. They call him, the Doobie Brothers, Steely Dan, they did a lot of Steely Dante, Kenny Loggins, Christopher Cross, Yeah, hall of Notes, there you go. They had Toto in it a bunch because the Toto guys ended up being session players too.
Speaker 2: What did they sing other than Africa Rosanna's the other one?
Speaker 1: Chicago? Oh yeah yeah, Chicago, Yeah, Chicago. The song I Think in the Park. That's it sad. That was no idea, nothing, no player, baby come back.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh yeah, that's a great one.
Speaker 1: So yeah, if you're a music nerd, you'll like yeah rock. If you're not, it's not their best one. But I didn't know that it was a comedy, like a couple of guys on social media that created that genre and then past reinserted all of it.
Speaker 2: I recently watched Sly Lives on Hulu.
Speaker 1: I saw the preview for that and watching it.
Speaker 2: Fly on the Family Stone. I was just getting a bunch of stuff on TikTok, like little clips, and I'm like, I gotta watch this. That's really interesting, interesting because it's like, uh, it's uh. Sly was like he's a radio guy, he's a radio DJ, and he's like started playing songs like I can do this really Yeah, So then he just started making music and it was so different that like people just loved it. And then how do you how do you watch it? It's on Hulu?
Speaker 1: But is it a movie or series?
Speaker 2: I think it's a one time documentary, like maybe an hour and a half, so it'd be a.
Speaker 1: Movie movie documentary.
Speaker 2: Pretty cool.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna watch it.
Speaker 2: But then but then you're like you just realize kind of how he ended, like how his career.
Speaker 1: I don't say anything about that.
Speaker 2: I won't, but just like I didn't know that, I didn't know how his career.
Speaker 1: I can't think about how's corrended. I don't know.
Speaker 2: So that's a good way to go and do it. Don't.
Speaker 1: Here's the namy here and I won't do it. Tom Brady gifted his team sent a three million dollar watch.
Speaker 2: He's gonna lose it because I always lost my mine and my dad gave me one when I was in college and I lost it. I lost it for a year and a half. He gave you, like a really nice watch, a Rolex really, and I lost it. How'd you lose it for a year and a half? I lost it. I just couldn't find it, and I couldn't tell him that I lost it. Every time I saw him he would he wouldn't ask. And then finally when I found it, he said, I was always wondering why you never told me where your watch was because I never wore it.
Speaker 1: Where did you find it?
Speaker 2: Though? It was in my car? So this is a crazy story, dude. So I lost it somewhere, didn't find it for a year and a half. And then I was down in South Texas in the valley at my aunt's house and my dad said, there's some guys like just down the street that are washing cars real cheap, like just get your car, like completely detailed. Cool, no problem. These guys are shady, man like a group of five shady dudes that spoke no English wash my car. I go pick it up, and the guy goes, hey, I found this in the back.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, it was my watch.
Speaker 1: She feel bad about thinking there was our shady yeah, And I said.
Speaker 2: To you, do you know what that is? Like, yeah, he's a Rodex And I was like, that's crazy. You so you know that that's an expensive watch. You're like, yes, yes, a nice watch.
Speaker 1: So question one, was it protected back there or was it just loose in your trunk.
Speaker 2: It's like it had fallen like I've maybe fallen between a seat or something. Have no idea. Man oh man, wow?
Speaker 1: And so did you feel bad? Did you learn a life lesson from judging a book by its cover?
Speaker 5: On?
Speaker 2: And I was probably twenty three, so and I didn't have a lot of money, but I I tipped the guy one hundred dollars, like, I just thought it was that importance for him to realize, like he could have kept it.
Speaker 1: He easily could have stolen because it was free. I mean, it was just out wow.
Speaker 2: So that's why I'm saying Tom Brady that in a.
Speaker 1: Video recap of the NFL Legend Super Bowl Sunday, he's seen surprising his team Benny, with a massive watch.
Speaker 3: Quote.
Speaker 1: All right, Benny, closed your eyes and put your wrist out. Don't look, Brady said, before putting Jacob and Coast billionaire Mini a Shaka watch, which is covered one hundred carrots of diamonds worth three million bucks on his son's wrist. That's crazy, Like I have some nice watches. I became watch guy. I don't have nothing like this, nothing nothing like this. So I have some nice watches and I like them a lot. I try to keep them from like hitting stuff, but when I do sometimes.
Speaker 3: I do hurts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like I hit like a bruise on my body had a bruise. Like ou, it's just a watch. So I like watches. I have one on today. I have a red Rolex on. It's my red one that I have.
Speaker 2: That's a nice, very nice.
Speaker 1: It's the most expensive watch I've ever worn.
Speaker 4: Was not mine.
Speaker 1: I was on a flight with Luke Bryan to American Idol and Hawaii, and so we were going from here to Hawaii. He won't care because he was on the NFL show talking about this on his plane, so not Southwest, Nope. And he had a bunch of watches and some of them may have been his, and some of them may have been watches that they were loaning him to wear. And these were two hundred fifty thousand our watches.
Speaker 2: It was just like in a case or something like, yeah, I was.
Speaker 1: He was just like put ime on. I was like cool, So I did.
Speaker 2: That's fun.
Speaker 1: He's crazy. Luke and I were planet Watch dress up in the back of his in the back of the plane because how much.
Speaker 2: Was the most expensive watch probably.
Speaker 1: About a quarter million.
Speaker 3: Woo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Was it heavy? And at the time, I was not watch guy, so I didn't fully respect the kind of watch it was. I just respected, Oh my god, I can't believe this is worth that much money. I then became watch guy because I just wanted to do something that made me look at old, because a lot of times I just dressed like pan swear a hoodie, your sweats to everything, and so I became watch guy. And not all my watches are super expensive. I have some really coolin so my wife got me one that's not super expensive that has like the state of Arkansas and initials on it. But you know, I remember putting on going I got a quarter million dollars on my wrist. They're crazy, It's crazy.
Speaker 2: They keep showing one on Instagram. The keeps goming on my feet. It's like a Roulette wheel.
Speaker 1: I'm like, gosh, I'm not a watch guy at all. The only wife seeing the Roulette one, and I'm like, I want to buy this. You can probably get there a couple undred bucks. Really, let me see which one you're talking about. I'm sure there's a very expensive one. Too, but usually anything that's super expensive they made a kind of a knockoff of that's not even a knockoff. It's just another brand that makes one that looks similar. Like everybody steals Rolexes. Look, a lot of these brands try to steal the shape and the look. They're not doing knockoffs there doing their own brand. Did you know Rolex is also a They don't make profit. They are a nonprofit nonprofit.
Speaker 4: Really did not know that. I had a roommate once who had two Rolexes, big watch guy, successful guy, and he would just screw like a drywall screw into the wall and just hang his Rolexes on that screw, like mid twenties, which they would wear them, and he would wear them, and then when he wouldn't wear them and take them off and just hang them the drivewalls. Screw you sure they were real? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh, never hang them on them. Never.
Speaker 4: Its wild. We would always make fun of them.
Speaker 1: Rolex is technically a nonprofit organization. Rolex is owned by the Hans Willsdorf Foundation, a private nonprofit trust established by Hans Wildorf in nineteen forty five. The foundation controls the company and reportedly reinvest profits into the business, charitable causes, and scientific research. Unlike typical nonprofits. Rolex sells luxury watches at a profit, but because it's owned by a foundation, it does not operate like a publicly traded business, so the profit they make goes so they do make a profit, but the profit they make goes back into their business and science and nonprofit.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 1: Reinvestment have been charitable causes and scientific exploreding uh, exploring grants.
Speaker 4: Huh. I never knew that.
Speaker 1: That's interesting.
Speaker 2: Tamu, is that a brand?
Speaker 1: Is that the brand? You saw?
Speaker 2: I think so?
Speaker 1: Maybe I'm not it's actually t e m u.
Speaker 6: Oh no, you don't want that?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: What is that?
Speaker 4: A team?
Speaker 1: You watch the official site or at team you dot com. I'm gonna do team you watch?
Speaker 2: What is just called roulette? Roulette? Will okay?
Speaker 1: Man forty three? Hey, let's go, yeah, let's go. Now what I wonder is if there's a roulette one that is super expensive, because roulette watch expensive. You can get a rose Gold roulette it's called a Lucky Harvey for one thousand dollars. Oh, here's one a Jacob and Co. It's four hundred ninety thousand dollars the rule.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, that's cool. This is it dinner with your buddies. Like, all right, let's put place bets. I'm gonna spend it.
Speaker 3: Boom.
Speaker 2: Pick a number.
Speaker 1: Anywhere from your forty dollars to half a million dollars for couch. I like how you called them my forty dollars because that is definitely my watch. Yeah, I figured if that were the case. Here's one for three hundred thousand dang casino ter billion. I don't know how to say this stuff. Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: It's a cool watch, though.
Speaker 1: Huh. Here's one for eight thousand, nine hundred ny five dollars. Do you want to get that one somewhere in the middle cheap one cheaper.
Speaker 4: One for you?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I would, I don't.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't like that, Oh you wouldn't. That's too distracting because I don't want to play it all the time.
Speaker 2: I want to sit in the wheel.
Speaker 4: One.
Speaker 1: Sodo bought a car for giving up the number twenty two? Who do you buy it for? Uh?
Speaker 4: Bred Batty?
Speaker 1: Does that he say his name?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Think of the at I have Beatty.
Speaker 1: I think it's baby. I only see him on baseball cards.
Speaker 3: Me too.
Speaker 1: I don't even know. I don't ever watch the Mets play. When one Soto made the jump from the Yankees to the Mets, he had one small problem. His number twenty two was already on Brett Batty. Batty was willing to give up his jersey number to help Sodo. And then he bought a car, a brand new Suv, fully loaded, trim decked out. Also with the car a Roulette watch.
Speaker 2: Did we talk about Carson Beck's car? Did we talk?
Speaker 1: No? We did a girl where they were taking but they found did they find him? Finally, because I can give you the story from last week, the Miami Hurricanes power couple of Carson Beck and Hannah Cavender had three cars stolen overnight in South Florida. Beck had two cars and Mercedes and a Lamborghini taken, while Cavender's SUV was stolen but later found that may be the one that I saw that they found it.
Speaker 2: This dude has a Lamborghinian Mercedes Benz.
Speaker 1: Then they just break in the house and get the keys like it wasn't any high highly fisticated operation. I think they just got into the house, Oh here are the keys, and stole the cars. If they found in the morning. Yeah, they find these cars. It's sound like the Lamborghini can stay hidden unless you're stripping it down or driving it out of the country.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they just jumped his fence and stole the cars just right out of his driveway.
Speaker 1: He has a Mercedes and a Lamborghini's.
Speaker 2: Is that Is that Miami money or yes? Is that Miami money.
Speaker 1: I'm sure some could be Georgia, but I think they paid him four million according to the stories.
Speaker 4: And probably a deal with Lamborghini on his car. Yeah, like name and then his girlfriend would the Androver.
Speaker 1: They have a ton of money. Yeah, Cavender twins.
Speaker 2: Dude, I saw a Lamborghini on the road the other day. That's pretty that's pretty rare. Like usually I think I see a Lamborghini and it's like Corvette. But I saw a real Lamborghini. And I was with my kids and they were about to go like over a speed bump, and I'm like, oh, you think he like slows down? Do you think he's gonna go for it? Like I think he's a slow down? Sure enough, he went real slow because those things scray they're so low to the ground.
Speaker 1: Not practical at all, but cool looking. What do you think about when someone buys a Lamborghini suv?
Speaker 4: Oh those are they have those?
Speaker 1: Do you feel like it's a waste and it's not really a Lamborghini. Yeah, you gotta get the sports car. Yeah, I feel like a Lamborghini is a Lamborghini. But if you're like going to get an suv, that's kind of a waste to get a Lamborghini suv. I don't know if about cars.
Speaker 5: Like if I if I had a buddy and he's like, yeah, dude, I just got a Lamborghini, come check it out and I walk out and it's an suv, I'd be like.
Speaker 1: Dude, I like kind of disappointed.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, but you could, like, like Teddy's point, you can't really drive over anything in a real Lamborghini quote unquote, like an suv you can, I don't know, you can have more fun with that.
Speaker 1: I feel like you can, but it's not it doesn't feel like that's a real Lamborghini.
Speaker 2: Does the SCV fly?
Speaker 4: Like, what's the Lamborghini a Lamborghini suv?
Speaker 2: Like if it goes two hundred miles per hour, like it's still a Lamborghini, then Lamborghini.
Speaker 1: It's pretty nice Lamborghini. Oh, it's for sure going to be nice.
Speaker 2: It's nice top speed on one ninety.
Speaker 1: What do you see as the price on it? For some reason, I have Lamborghini model cars. That's cool too, Lamborghini, the Lambeau Urus. Okay, two and seventy five thousand. Okay, well it's about the same price as like a low end Lamborghini. Really like car.
Speaker 4: That cat.
Speaker 1: Was it wasn't a car. It was suv.
Speaker 4: Oh I thought he had like because now that it says Urus that I remember just reading about that, I'm pretty sure that's one that was his. Lamba was a Urus.
Speaker 2: Oh well that's deceiving.
Speaker 1: Okay, see that's my point.
Speaker 2: Now you're right, And that's the one still missing. I am underwelling.
Speaker 1: Why is it giving me all kids toys? I it's all models.
Speaker 2: They're like keeping it real. You're not going to buy one.
Speaker 1: So here there's something you might actually write. Yeah, so that's one still gone. There's one still missing. Yeah, that one's missing. If on the other two arrested the people is it a Chilean gang? I did not see a description of the gang. A technology students being mocked on social media for setting his dorm on fire while trying to hide his inflatable girlfriend.
Speaker 4: Oh lord, that's rough.
Speaker 1: According to the post on February tenth, the student enrolled in the university was thrown into a panic after his roommate returned unexpectedly. Rushing into the hallway. The student tried to burn the doll, but ended up triggering the campus fire, along filling the dormitory with flames and smoke. No one was harming the blaze. The student was discilined to face the wrath of the internet for embarrassing. For the embarrassing ordeal, So he's trying to have sex with the doll, tried to get rid of the doll by burning it and set the dorm on fire.
Speaker 2: That's embarrassing, and now everyone knows he has a doll. I just have one. He dates one.
Speaker 4: He had a transfer.
Speaker 1: An investigation starts after a woman wakes up in a bar bathroom after the bar was closed. A woman woke up alone in a closed Boston bar with no idea how she ended up there. It happened in last September when the woman called police after two am and reported that she woke up alone inside a bathroom at ned Divine's Bar. The woman suspected that she had been drugged by a contaminated drink, although her toxicology report revealed she had no drugs in her system. Okay, so you think she's got so drunk because if they did a toxicology and there are no drugs, unless there's like, yeah, that possibly right, but that's that's so drunk.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Management of ned Divine says staff has been retained to check and clear all spaces before closing. The woman was unharmed. W hdh ever been so drunk? You wake up somebody you didn't remember?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah?
Speaker 2: Who said?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Oh yeah you have Kevin?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: A couple of times.
Speaker 1: What does that feel like?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: When I was younger, it was like, oh man, what happened? And then like the older you get, you're like.
Speaker 3: What the heck?
Speaker 2: Well, when's the last time it happened? Hmmm?
Speaker 4: I can't even remember. It's been a while, but I'm also in my thirties, so probably the late twenties or something. Was it scary?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you don't because I would think I wouldn't know what I what else I did? Right, Like that would be the scariest part.
Speaker 4: That's what you're nervous about like, holy crap, did I do something that I don't remember but I'm going to find out later today. Like the anxiety you call that the PTSD or the post party depression PPD. Post party Yeah, oh that's what you call that, where you're just like have anxiety about like, holy crap, what did I do last night?
Speaker 2: Was it completely different than where you were all night?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, like you're at it, so you're at it? Well, yeah, say you're at a party, right, and then you wake up on a couch maybe or somebody else's house that you don't remember going to hopefully you know the person.
Speaker 1: What was yours?
Speaker 4: Casey?
Speaker 7: I woke up in the woods and Syracuse after like I just got initiated in my fraternity. We had a really fun time, and then I just woke up in the forest like right by my my campus dorm, and I had no idea what happened.
Speaker 1: And uh yeah, I had a lot of the pp SD PPD PPD.
Speaker 4: Yeah, post party depression.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, but if you're doing that while you're rushing, yeah, you at least know your boys know what happened to you. I think I like Irish exited though, because I was like in the forest by myself.
Speaker 2: I threw you there. I think they threw you.
Speaker 1: He hates the song, Oh come to us. Nothing stuck because they abducted him from his room. Yeah, and took him to the woods. Yeah, keep going.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just I just I was left there, man, what I mean, I just had to find my way. I don't I don't like bringing that up. Man, that's scary.
Speaker 2: We're waiting.
Speaker 6: Anyway. I was blindfolded and I was driven out into the middle of nowhere. And that's that's all that I remember.
Speaker 1: Did they do anything to you, No, but I did on my pledge retreat.
Speaker 5: That was my one time that I blacked out. So I just remember drinking a bunch. We were out in the middle of a like in a cabin, and then I remember waking up in like a makeshift bed, but I was in completely new clothes.
Speaker 4: WHOA, So someone someone changed my clothes for me.
Speaker 5: Apparently I got in the bath tub, decided to like turn the shower on, and threw up all over myself.
Speaker 1: And then so they changed your clothes because you had vomited on yourself more than they wanted to see Reeds private.
Speaker 6: Exactly, exactly so that was my one, one and done time. Not not a great time in life?
Speaker 1: You haven't done that?
Speaker 2: Do these stories make you? I don't want to drink.
Speaker 1: I wish I had some stories because they'd be fun to tell, but I don't want to have them. Now.
Speaker 2: That's like Kevin, it's like too old.
Speaker 1: If I lived through it and told and had it, that's a fun story in my pocket. But I don't want to go right. I'm good.
Speaker 4: We lost the buddy one time. He woke up in a graveyard. You lost him?
Speaker 2: He died.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we were at stage coach. No, no, we're at stage coach.
Speaker 6: And that's not how you say that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's not how you say that.
Speaker 4: In a graveyard?
Speaker 3: Did me?
Speaker 2: He pulled to me? Yeah, yeah, how do you wake up in a graveyard?
Speaker 6: He doesn't know.
Speaker 2: I got kicked out of a club one time for falling asleep in the club.
Speaker 1: Yeah, passed out or you were just I was.
Speaker 2: Like, I just need to lay down, and I laid down on the couch, cheeze, and then I woke up and I must have been asleep for like two seconds or whatever. The guy's like, hey, no, no, no, you're out of here. Get out you can't be here. You did you do?
Speaker 1: Diagnose yourself with planer facy.
Speaker 4: It is what I'm called why my heel hurts bad?
Speaker 2: Like, my heel just hurts all day and like to the point where and it's usually it's been to it's been hurting for like I don't know, like four months or so, but anytime I walk or use it, it goes away. And then kind of when I sit on the couch and put my legs up and then then stand on it, it hurts again. But that's not happeningymore.
Speaker 4: Now. It just hurts all day.
Speaker 1: So what am I doing to make it not hurt?
Speaker 2: I got a little tennis ball and kind of rolling it. Yeah, I'm doing some stretches that I found online. But I'm I'm assuming it's plantar fascia itis.
Speaker 1: Because diagnosed yourself. Whether it has to be what the internet says, Yeah.
Speaker 2: It probably is.
Speaker 1: It's common.
Speaker 2: Have you guys had it?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I never had.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: I thought I had it, and I diagnosed myself with it and I was wrong.
Speaker 2: So what did you have?
Speaker 1: I lost some cartilage and my foot and ankle from an injury. Dang, And so that's why now I have to take those an inflammatories. If I'm like cutting a bunch, if I'm spreading or playing pickaball, I have to take an inflammatories because it hurts so bad. It's bone on bone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is it your heel? No, okay, it was.
Speaker 1: It got so bad it got into my heel. But that's only because it got so bad. I was like, what's on my heel? So it must be that it wasn't mine?
Speaker 2: Is crazy?
Speaker 1: Wee?
Speaker 2: Here's what good?
Speaker 1: No, it's loss of what's crazy is injury? Man?
Speaker 2: Order you Like, I stretch my heel or whatever, but then my calf starts kind of like hurting a little bit. So it's like, it's just weird how everything's all connected. Like when I broke my arm, It's like I broke right where my elbow is, but it hurt all the way up to my shoulder. Like everything is oddly connected.
Speaker 1: You get a massage on it?
Speaker 2: On what on my heel?
Speaker 1: Your feet? No?
Speaker 2: No, should I do that.
Speaker 1: I hired somebody to come to my house and just do my feet and my calves whenever, because it started hurting so bad, just to loosen it all up. Because if one thing's off and you start to run with favoring the unhurt side a little bit, yes, and that leg gets jacked up and so then everything's off.
Speaker 2: That's what the internet said to said, don't do that.
Speaker 4: I got a pedicure the other day, not the same. It was nice, I recommend it, not the same.
Speaker 1: Not the same.
Speaker 2: Do you go to just like massage Envy?
Speaker 1: For that, I have to make come to the house physical therapist.
Speaker 2: No, but me like, I'm not gonna do that. Like do I just go to how much Marsagejimmy costs?
Speaker 1: No? Massage parlor, No, that's a different thing. Massage parlor feels like where you get.
Speaker 2: The Yeah, oh it's not. It's not just a regular parlor.
Speaker 1: I would say.
Speaker 4: I'm like going to.
Speaker 2: A spa.
Speaker 1: I would say, going to sure.
Speaker 2: A spa or a.
Speaker 4: Where do you go for don't I don't even get a massage parlor?
Speaker 2: Say it on the windows.
Speaker 1: It's just no, no, no parlor parlor is the word. This sounds dirty to me, and I could be wrong, and I don't think those places do that. I'm saying, but if I see massage parlor, parlor feels weird.
Speaker 2: You're saying, like Robert Kraft went to a slage part of parlor, not a massage place. Justin Tucker massage parlor.
Speaker 3: Parlor.
Speaker 6: Parlor is like it's a it's a place where you go like wash your clothes and stuff. But it's in the back it is.
Speaker 4: Is that real?
Speaker 5: No, But that's just well, parlor feels like it's it's not the main thing, got it?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, anyway, good luck.
Speaker 3: So I just go.
Speaker 1: What does it costs? Because I can tell you right now, it's.
Speaker 4: Like an hour can be nowadays anywhere between one hundred, two hundred and fifty.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I got a massage and massage you can get this.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you. You can get the same pay this exact same thing. And the woman that I use come to your house. You don't have to go to the freaking massage passage. She's awesome.
Speaker 4: She brings the table and everything she does nice.
Speaker 1: And I just tell her, like, work on my heel, Well, I would say, work on both. She'll make sure to do you evenly, so you're one side, because when I was hurt, she would work on that side a bunch, but SHED have to the other side to just to make sure it was all even.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, makes sense.
Speaker 1: I can hook you up.
Speaker 2: I'll give you a number, all right, that'd be cool, yeah, because they'd be the same price.
Speaker 1: But I would get that worked out, but not by somebody that is a just doing massages for fun or for make to make you feel good, to actually work it out and it hurts.
Speaker 2: Do you remember when I went to my first massage? It's crazy, my butt.
Speaker 3: It was in Vegas.
Speaker 2: It was a Vegas ves but the guys it wasn't shady.
Speaker 1: It was legit, but the way you toned it it felt shady because I'd never gotten a massage in my life. And I was working for the news and it was me and my reporter, and my reporter was like, he was from New York and he goes, dude, you got a massage.
Speaker 2: Let's I'll buy one for you. Just because I was this photographer. I was like, well that's cool. He's like, let's go. Let's go down there. And it was the hotel place and like I'd never gotten one before, and they're like, take your clothes off, and I'm like all like, I'll take it all off, and took it all off.
Speaker 3: It was crazy.
Speaker 1: You thought that was weird?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I did to.
Speaker 1: I don't play my clothes off.
Speaker 3: You don't know.
Speaker 2: Oh, I think that's part of it.
Speaker 1: I do want to wear I guess they I always keep mine to wear on it. I just want people seeing my testicles.
Speaker 2: That's that's true. That's true. But they're pretty good at like covering stuff as you pretty good to me. Is not perfect. Yeah, yeah, And then after the massage, we did a uh well, I don't know if I can't say that what he called it, but it's like kind of you you're getting a hot tub and then a cold bath.
Speaker 1: There's a term for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he said it was big in Asia.
Speaker 1: I'll probablydn't say that now, but he said.
Speaker 2: It was big in Asia. Like that's what it's like, a therapeutic.
Speaker 1: But why wouldn't you say the name of it?
Speaker 2: Because what he called it was not good?
Speaker 1: Got it?
Speaker 2: But we did it.
Speaker 1: Text me what he called it?
Speaker 2: Stand by, Well, maybe it's not that bad.
Speaker 1: I'll be the judge of that.
Speaker 4: Let's trays you remember it.
Speaker 6: That's not that bad.
Speaker 2: That's that's not that you can't you don't say that.
Speaker 6: I don't think it's drug. It may it might actually be derived from that.
Speaker 1: I don't think that'sory at all. I don't know every I don't think there's any.
Speaker 2: But what if, like they don't call it that, that'd be bad if you called it that.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna google me too.
Speaker 2: It's where you get in like you start in a hot tub and then you get into ice water. It's like hot tub for two minutes, ice water, two minutes back in the hot time.
Speaker 4: I typed in, I typed in, what is a blank? What I told me?
Speaker 1: Number one?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: In China, public bathhouses of existing for centuries, offering a place for people to bathe and relax and socialize. The bath houses typically typically include hot poles and cold pools.
Speaker 2: There we go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Eddie had typed Chinese bath and I was like, how is that?
Speaker 2: I just gotta be careful.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: I hear you. I hear you.
Speaker 1: I hear you. Better to be I think you're saying, yeah, okay, it's better than like Mexican bath.
Speaker 2: And what is that read?
Speaker 1: I don't know, man, I'm just saying, what it's your family referred to as a Mexican bath.
Speaker 2: Mike and I are waiting breath.
Speaker 1: Racism slowly drips out O man.
Speaker 6: I mean, if there is one, I want it.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: Ah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're done.
Speaker 4: Thank you guys.
Speaker 1: Go follow watch over on YouTube at Bobby Bone Sports. Thank you, guys, Please subscribe, please give us a good review. We'd love it and help us a ton and set it on an auto download, right, Mike.
Speaker 4: Yeah, auto download, love it.
Speaker 1: That would help us a absolute ton. We're just trying to stay alive. Thank you. We will see you guys next week. Blow it out, Hi, byeverybody theme song written by Bobby Bones That's Me and performed by Brandon Ray. Follow Brandon on socials at Brandon Ray Music. You can follow the show on Instagram at Bobby Bone Sports. Thanks to our crew co host at Producer Ready, segment producer at Kickoff Kevin, video producer at Redrberry, and executive producer at Mike Diestro. But most importantly, thank you for listening. Bobby Bones. We'll talk to you next time here on twenty five whistles