Speaker 1: To Teas in a Pod which Teddy Mellencamp and camera Judge.
Speaker 2: Hi, guys, welcome to another episode of to Teas and a Pod with myself, Teddy Mellencamp and Damn.
Speaker 3: Rich Judge and sick today.
Speaker 2: Me too, been hacking up along.
Speaker 3: Yes, he's been really sick for like four days now. Last night I'm like, oh no, no.
Speaker 2: I feel the tickle. I filled the tickle. But today on the twat seat we have Rebecca Minkoff coming on. She's known for her global, accessible luxury fashion brand that was created in two thousand and five. Rebecca Minkoff is a best selling author and powerhouse entrepreneur who has paved the way for Minnie and is the co founder of the Female Under Collective. Rebecca is dedicated to creating the modern cultural and business narrative of togetherness and a shared success. She continues to push boundaries, lead the fashion industry, and galvanized communities of women by promoting confidence, fearlessness, and authenticity. She is a loving wife and devoted mother of four. Rebecca's reputation precedes her, but we'll be impressing. This new group of friends proved more difficult than creating one hundred million dollar brand.
Speaker 3: One hundred million dollars.
Speaker 2: One hundred dollars. Well, let's bring her on in. Let's let's let's get to quizin.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 4: I know I have this, just so you know, I'm I'm professional, you're very professionally.
Speaker 3: I very perfect. Anything less, I mean with a hundred million dollar brand. She ain't been around, right, she's got a gold plated, diamond encrusted mic over there, watch out more.
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 4: I'm good, I'm good. I'm tired, but good. I had a late night with the girls.
Speaker 2: Oh really with the girls?
Speaker 3: You mean the whole cast?
Speaker 4: No. Raquel Jessela and I were on the Virtual Reality Live podcast event last night.
Speaker 2: I saw that.
Speaker 3: Where was that? It was in New York.
Speaker 4: It was in New York, somewhere in Chelsea, I can't tell you where. And then we went out for dinner afterwards, because like you know, as you know, we're trauma bonded, so we just need to keep talking about it.
Speaker 3: I saw you through a little shade, I did. I saw that on social media today and I saw that you threw a little shade towards well, I would say shade back at Aaron because Aaron had made a comment about the bag you gifted her and basically said, well, it's not my style. And you were asked on that panel what is her style?
Speaker 4: And you said, I said, she's not in fashion. So the bar is pretty love for her. She doesn't have to have great style, you know.
Speaker 3: And I also heard either you or the host say she had a bag collection of her own.
Speaker 4: She had a bad company many many years ago. I yeah, I'm not. I don't know that much about it, but I would love to be gifted one of her bags if that brand was still in business.
Speaker 3: I think Rebecca, what you said was does she still have it?
Speaker 2: Is it still around? No? But she talked about it on the show this season.
Speaker 3: Oh she did. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think that her and Abe may have had a discussion about financials in regards to that business and et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 4: Yes, I missed. There were some debts that need to be paid off. And listen, we have had our share of debts, so believe me, this is an expensive business to be in. It is not easy.
Speaker 3: I think any big business you have, you're gonna have debts.
Speaker 2: This leans this point because now you've had your business since two thousand and five. How you know some business owners like come in and out on how much they are still a part of the business. Are you still one hundred percent? This is what you're doing every day.
Speaker 4: It is what I'm doing every day. We sold the business two years ago, so Covid was really really hard for us. We almost went out of business. It would have been easier to go out of business and stick around, but my brother who was my co founder, we basically said, we just put seventeen years into this thing, like we owe it to ourselves and the tiny team we have left to just keep going. And we made it through, and then supply chain issues almost crushed us again right as we were like, okay, we survived Covid, and we just decided we needed a partner that had like muscle that had been this is in China and Hong Kong and new sourcing, and we were just like, we need a bigger, better partner because we're losing, you know, the factories are prioritizing the bigger brands, right, And so we sold it too years ago and I was like, I'm here, I'm here, I have the same job. I'm a happily paid employee, but it's my name, is my day?
Speaker 3: Do you have like a certain amount of years that you have to stay or you just taken it day by day?
Speaker 4: So I signed a five year contract, but everyone's like, so you can leave when it's over, and I'm like, no, what am I going to go do? Like I kind of want to be a doula, but I don't want to get up in the middle of night to make a baby come out of someone.
Speaker 3: Why do you want to be a doula?
Speaker 2: Doula?
Speaker 4: I just this is total side note. I'm obsessed with all things birth, and I think that they are magical creatures, these doulas, and so part of me.
Speaker 3: Is this a prank?
Speaker 4: This is not a prank. No, it is not a prank. I will not pull any more pranks again, ladies, I've I've heard it loud and clear. Can we ever.
Speaker 3: Straight into that prank? Whose idea was it? Originally?
Speaker 4: Originally I was at lunch with Air in which you saw like one tenth of the scene, and we were talking about how the rumors in the group are getting out of hand and making people upset, very upset. You saw it with and the uber and just a host of other bullshit and I said, what if we start a rumor that's so unbelievable that like you'd be an idiot to share it. I said, what if I say I'm pregnant and I believe I could be proven wrong, but I've almost positive. Aaron said, and you don't know who the father is? And we thought it was funny. It did not occur to me that that was highly insensitive. I am very much aware of that as someone who also struggled with infertility, that it was insensitive. And we left that lunch and it was just like, let's see who the leakiest. I won't say the word teddy, thank godd and just see what happens.
Speaker 3: But then it all okay, Eric separate there. That mean that means if you did that on camera, then production knew that it was a prank.
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Do you feel like it would have played better if they would have showed you guys saying this is a prank from the very beginning.
Speaker 4: Listen, I'm not in control that process, but I think in my head, being the innocent deer in headlights that I was, I thought, oh, this will be shown in chronological order, so the audience will go, well, no, you know, I didn't know that it was going to trick the audience. That wasn't my goal. And it wasn't because I said, I'm boring. I didn't even know that she had said that yet. So it was literally like, let's find the liar, that's my whole goal.
Speaker 2: But then that nobody found the liar because then everybody was told different parts of it. So what kind of ship prank is it? Even when people know about it?
Speaker 4: Maybe you should that Aaron, who you know, who's the one that told everybody? I didn't even know she told anybody tell the picnic. That's why I was. I was shocked in silence. I was just like, well, then.
Speaker 3: When everybody knows, the only person you're pranking is the audience.
Speaker 4: Yeah, listen, I you're right. I had the idea. I did not know that Aaron would tell other people and it would be point with pointless at that point.
Speaker 2: I think Aaron was possibly tipsy on this post strengths where she told Bren and maybe forgot that she leaked that little tidbit.
Speaker 4: I mean, in her confessional she does say she was like shook her head like no, but I still I don't. It's so annoying. I think that she still thinks and Brenn still alleges that she didn't think that Brynn was going to embellish it, or share or exaggerate the way that she did, or or decide brend decide on her own. Hey, I'm going to participate in this?
Speaker 2: Well what at that point? Why not? I mean, I don't really see anything wrong with Brynn adding fuel to the fire if we're all going to find out it's a prank anyhow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I even apologize to Brin at the picnic, which you also don't see. I was like, I'm sorry you were framed. That was That was definitely not how I thought this would go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So, how were you ultimately convinced to join the cast.
Speaker 3: Because we feel like you were convinced.
Speaker 4: I had a call with one of the producers who said that, you know, pointed out that all the women are not housewives, they are all female entrepreneurs, founders, and they really wanted the direction the show to be fun and funny with a little bit of drama. And I said, I'm good with that. You know, had you watched the show before, I had watched the first season before. Yes, okay, okay, and I and I you know again, it was like, it'll be even lighter this season, more funny, more fun And I was like, I can sign up for that. That sounds great.
Speaker 3: Had you been asked before in the past.
Speaker 4: No, that this whole this whole process started October of the year before.
Speaker 3: Now do you know any of the prior cast.
Speaker 4: So I knew Jenna from just being in fashion and making a huge mistake and taking an elevator with her and Anna Wintour and that was the end of my relationship with Anna because you're not allowed in the elevator with Anna.
Speaker 2: Just want to let it hold on only one person at a time.
Speaker 3: I need to know more about this.
Speaker 4: So there's a rule. I've been told that if she gets in the elevator, you can't get in with her.
Speaker 2: So how was Jenna in with her?
Speaker 4: Because they were they were co hosting an event together when Jenna was at j Crew And this was like fifteen years ago, and I was just excited to be invited to anything. And I just was like, Oh, I'm gonna get in the elevator house.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, did you try to talk to her?
Speaker 4: Yes? I had.
Speaker 3: I was like what'd you say?
Speaker 4: I was like, hello, how's everyone feeling today? Is everyone you know? I was on and it's all schipp or kitty?
Speaker 3: Did she respond like shut up?
Speaker 4: It got silent. It was awkward, and I was like, right right, I must have missed the memo somewhere.
Speaker 3: So don't feel bad.
Speaker 2: It happened to me. Was Bob Dylan. I didn't know you can't make eye contact or shake his hand, and so he went to put his paw like fist pump, and then I shook the paw.
Speaker 3: His stump and it was one of the most who did your dad tell you?
Speaker 4: Like, oh my god?
Speaker 2: Well no, After the fact, I was like that was awkward, and they're like, well, yeah, Teddy, he's still do handshakes and there's no icon to.
Speaker 4: Take jermaphone Like yeah, I think, so, oh my god.
Speaker 2: But either way, when those things happen, like I feel like the people that you know, Anna Winter and Bob Dyla and they've moved right on. But I will like self hate for weeks about it, overthinking.
Speaker 4: I'm still thinking of fifteen years later. I'm like, maybe that's why you know I've never been invited to the met Gala. I don't know. Maybe it's because I got into the elevator with her.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, so.
Speaker 3: Brand and Brynn said, you know something shady about your bags. You never responded to her. We never heard you really like talk to her about it, did you? I mean, were you not upset or hurt? Was there a moment where you're like, faff, who do you think you are?
Speaker 4: Well? I never got the chance to respond to her about it because I found out at that breakfast and I did confront her about it later again probably not going to make the edit. I did confront her about it, and I was like, dude, that was low, that was not cool. And she was just like, you know, conflict resolution, that's what this is all about.
Speaker 2: And I was like, do you feel like she's trying to produce you all the time? Because I feel there's that scene right at the beginning when we first meet you, and I think you come down and like pink jammys or something with the pink jammys.
Speaker 4: Everyone's harping on those.
Speaker 2: Well, it was like in the Hampton, we're in pink jammys and we're at work right now, but like there was something sweat about I mean, Jammy's sweat. But before that, you could feel like she was almost coaching you. Yes, us, prior to sitting down. Did that happen the duration of filming.
Speaker 4: It pretty much stopped. When did it stop? I would say close to the end, it stopped. But I didn't ever take that bait. I'm I'm you know, I might be boring ladies, but I'm not stupid. I was like, why are you telling me to do this? She's like, it's conflict resolution, like we fight, we make up and I and I just was like, I'm just gonna be me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you don't fight to fight, like, you have to have a legitimation, so you have to start, you have to care, and it starts to look a little bit stage and fake, if you know, Yeah, that's her mentality.
Speaker 2: If is there anyone at this moment that you'd like to fight with?
Speaker 4: I'm in fight mode right now just because I feel like I played it nice. And then you know, you go along and you watch with this say about you and confessionals you're like, oh, that's it, or on stage in Miami and you're like, oh, that's how they feel. Okay, So now now what do you led up?
Speaker 3: What would you do different?
Speaker 4: What would I do different? I guess I would have been even I felt like I was very vocal. Again, I can't speak to you know, the process. People decide what gets shown in what is it? I guess I would have been more vocal at times and stated opinions more strongly in the moment. I think during confessionals, again, I want to support women. I want to see them do well. So unless I have real beef with someone, I wasn't just going to throw shade just to throw shade, and you know, and maybe I should have gotten the memo that that's you know, that's part of this.
Speaker 2: Do you think that we're seeing a true version of who you are, because like I still feel like as I'm watching, I don't know you.
Speaker 4: I think that you get a better sense of me from this interview, from my instagram, from my podcast, from you know seeing me even you know in other places, this is like a one tenth of one percent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, would you want to be full time so they can the audience can see more of your family?
Speaker 4: I guess TVD My husband is a little on the fence about that, which is why I wasn't a full time to begin with. We do have a young kids, and so I think he and I have just been weighing, like, if you know, if there's a round two, what does it look like? And I mean, we shot stuff with my daughter that that's not in it. We shot stuff this incredible event that Jessela and I did. We shot with all these other incredible women in fashion.
Speaker 2: So like how many outfit changes were at that event?
Speaker 4: Just one unfortunately, but I was hoping there was at least.
Speaker 2: Can we get a little bit into and I hate to do it, but a little bit into the scientology I had.
Speaker 4: This I'm ready, okay.
Speaker 2: So can you clarify being a scientology for us? From what my research? And listen, I am not a detective, but I am on But from my understanding is if your parents are high up in the church, then you are kind of born into the church and then you go and you're like a cadet or or something like that as a child. But in your interview I heard you say that it wasn't until later in life that you joined.
Speaker 4: Yep, so none of that is true. You decide the first one of the most basic and first things that you learn about is what's true for you it's true for you. No one can shove anything down your throat. And having being on the Jewish side, right, you're just told belief from day one and you accept it or not. And this is like, is this true for you? Does it work? Cool? And so growing up in my household, we did Shabbat, we did Hanukah, we did all those things. And then it was like, if there's an air of your life that you're seeking improven in, here's some tools and if not, no, And I wasn't interested. And then I moved to New York when I was eighteen. I was lonely, I was scared. I didn't know what the was going on. And I knew, after having been really bullied in high school and really just very depressed, that I needed something. And I said, let me try this. It's something my parents and my brothers have. You know, how to spend a lot of time doing. Maybe it can help. And it did helped me with my own depression, with my own fears and anxieties, and I was like, Okay, this works for me. And that was kind of when it became my own if that makes.
Speaker 2: Sense, But then why do we hear all of these things like and is this all just complete, made up, pressed up And granted there's made up things in the press about every person situation, but like, why do we hear like, Okay, Tom Cruise can never see Surrey again because she's not part of scientology? Is that accurate?
Speaker 4: Listen, I don't know him. I can't speak for his personal situation. I have never heard of any rule or anyone experiencing that at all.
Speaker 3: Do you think scientology it's a bad rap just from the documentaries? And then what was Leah what's her name, Leah Remini?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I think that look at it this way, We've had five thousand years to get used to Christianity, Judaism, Islam. Judaism is still attacked right in a huge way right now, as with other religions, more smaller sects of religions sect not sex and scientology is like seventy five years old, so anything new, I think will be mislabeled as controversial. And I think people read media and the headlines instead of going to read a book by Aron Hubbard or find out for themselves. And I think that the documentary was really if you look at it, it was propaganda. It was an interviewed no scientologists at all. The church offered many times full open doors sent over twenty five letters to the director of the film, Hey, we'd like to have you interview with scientologists actually or coming to the church and see for yourself. I mean it goes on and on, and the book that it was based on was banned in two countries because of its libel as nature. So for me, you know, part of the reason why I said what I said, you know on the show is like, read a book, go to scientology dot org and check it out for yourself, because that's where you'll find out about it. And that's been my experience. It's helped me with depression, anxiety, marriage, you know, it's helped me. Just this industry, the fashion industry is so I mean your industry too, right, it's all crazy. So if this is my one, I should say two north stars for me, like to keep some semblance of sanity and grounding. That's what it is for me.
Speaker 3: How much time do you spend at the Scientology Center Center, I don't even know what you call it.
Speaker 4: Well, you're only spending time there if you're enrolled in a class or doing the counseling that they have so it's really up to you. Like some people go and they say, good, I want to take a course. It's going to take a week. Let me go two hours a day. Some of the courses are longer and be like cool, I'm going to come every day for a month, or I'm going to come on the weekends, or you set a schedule, you know, and then it's up to you.
Speaker 2: And I promise this will be our last scientology question. So if we were going to dig into one additional scientologist, would you rather discuss Wendy Muskavich or Danny Masterson? Because I saw you in a picture with Danny.
Speaker 4: I found it.
Speaker 2: Oh, Shelley Muskavich.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'll just touch a both. Okay, This whole where Shelley thing is like who the cares? Let this woman have a private life, you know what I mean? Like, why is it someone's a troll on Instagram's like, get a life. She's where she wants to be. She's decided she's private. Where is Jenna's fiance?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 4: Is anyone saying when I was younger, I.
Speaker 3: Knew taking classes at the Scientology Center girlfriend?
Speaker 4: And then just to speak quickly to Danny, I haven't seen or spoken to Danny in over ten years. When I started out, he was incredibly supportive to me.
Speaker 3: I knew no one.
Speaker 4: He helped make a lot of great, you know, introductions to girls and actresses that were excited to wear my product. And that's all I can say. I don't have you know, I didn't participate in the case. I don't have details.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's your problem. Why do you think so many celebrities are in scientology?
Speaker 4: I look at it this way. You tend to only hear about something when the famous person is part of it. There's double triple the amount of celebrities who are Catholics or Jews rights no one associates Oh you know justin Bieber Catholic or you know, Christian. I'm not sure which one. They're not like putting those two together. But for whatever reason, again, because I think it's new, right new or seventy five years old, I think people are just like, oh, oh, these two things they have to be spoken about at all times.
Speaker 2: You do what is going to make you feel your best and what's going to provide you support?
Speaker 4: Plus, But don't you think nowadays like anyone can be anything? Like why can't we just be talling. Hey, if this makes you happy, great, Like you know, people do yoga, they climb mountains, they do stunts whatever.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: I don't know what each one of you do to feel better, but to me, it's like, give me a break, like just leave us alone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think what adds to the questions is like whenever you feel like you can't get an answer to a question, then people dig further and they create their own narratives. You know, like when you had that scene with Brinn and you kind of pulled back, I was like, well, now now let me get to my work. You know, like instead of if you if you would have answered the question the same way, you would have just answered it to us right now, it would have been like, oh makes sense.
Speaker 4: Yeah. But here's the difference, Steady, is you weren't talking shit about me and spreading rumors about me, and then and then spending no time with me, getting to know me or even bothering and then asking me my deepest most person question. You know, like, I'm not going to give you the answers to that when you haven't when all I know about it.
Speaker 3: Well, you know why she's doing that. She just wants to get the drama. And before you even start, we even saw you on our TV screens, there was a lot of talk about scientology, and there's a lot of talk like, oh my god, this girl, we need to shut her down, and you know something about your parents and all this stuff, and so she probably like, let's get to it. I'm going to get the drama out of her right now, not caring about you as a person, just using you to bring, you know, some drama to the show.
Speaker 2: Well, I have I have some other hard hitting questions that I need to know. This is not scientology related.
Speaker 4: I love this. Barbara Walter has hit me hard.
Speaker 2: Teddy, Listen, do you not drink on the show because you don't want to lose control of your of who you are as a person? Or do you not drink in general?
Speaker 3: Well no, because you were breastfeeding too right at the time, So that's kind of drink and do that.
Speaker 4: So I have a list a mile long of when I allow myself to drink. Am I away from my child and he's knocking a breastfeed? Am I pumping? Do I have a photo shoot the next day? Do I have to speak about something? Do I have to get up early. If I have to check off all those or a majority. I just don't drink.
Speaker 3: So that's called discipline, my friend.
Speaker 4: So I probably have a drink once, maybe twice a month. I had half of a drink last night. I feel like shit today.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I just want to say, were you hammered?
Speaker 4: I was like a little buzz and headache and I was like, see, this is why I don't do this shit.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it's not it's hardly worth it anymore.
Speaker 4: But for Britain to just harp on that point, and like what is she like the alcohol police? Like she gets to tell me when I get to drink or not, like give.
Speaker 2: Me a break, right, But isn't that also a lot of girls on New York that don't drink, like Uba doesn't drink.
Speaker 4: Correct, Uba doesn't drink period. And Jenna, I think, is like me and it's an occasional like, well do it, but I don't. I don't know her reasons why. I just know that I have to go to through my checklist.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we just had your fellow nubie Raquel on the podcast did you two bond over being the new members of Ronnie?
Speaker 4: We did? We did a lot. There was a lot of like, are you okay? Are you okay? What's going on? Are you survive? And how's it going for you? Did you get hazed yet at it? You know? So it was it was nice I think for both of us that there were two new people and not just one because the other girls they you know, they had the lay of the land.
Speaker 2: Yeah, who do you feel like other than Jenna and Raquel that you probably bonded with the most on the show?
Speaker 4: I would say Uba, I think, yeah, I think that she is an incredible human and very kind and she's very wise and I appreciate so in my in my moments of like what's happening, you know, she would she would just talk me off my ledge.
Speaker 2: And who do you think is the biggest shit talker or leaky pigeon?
Speaker 3: Oh, I think we know that.
Speaker 4: Well, it's it's really up for debate right.
Speaker 2: Now, That's what I was going to say. I think it might be up for debate.
Speaker 4: I think I think there might be two in the mix.
Speaker 3: And you know, you know, Bren is one Bren, But again.
Speaker 4: I think you know Aaron Aaron, I wouldn't say is a rumor starter, but like if she's going to be tasked with a secret and a plan. Those those lips were leaky.
Speaker 3: Are you guys going on a big trip this year?
Speaker 4: We went already? Were we went?
Speaker 2: Yeah? But like, are we going to say we're going to see the big trip?
Speaker 4: Oh? You're going to see the big trip? Jas has already spilled the beans. It ended early. Two people were escorted home.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm like, you already on the show and I didn't see it. How can I not remember that?
Speaker 2: So it has I'm a ninety percent sure. I mean that it's Uba and Bren, but I you know, I'm not always I can't always use my.
Speaker 3: Was it a big secret? We're not allowed to know who?
Speaker 2: Actually, I don't know if it's a secret. We kind of saw it in the in the mid Sea.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but out there's no more pranks, there's no more trickery. So everythank you.
Speaker 3: Now, if you could host a cast trip, is there someplace you'd like to take the woman?
Speaker 4: I'd love to go to Cancoon. I was just at at an Albert's resort there.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 3: They just opened one in Las A, Leva's a little wine town. It's so nice.
Speaker 4: I was there Maddie Savern. Oh you were Yeah, that was there last year. It's so great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is my one of my really good friends. Her friend owns it.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's phenomenal.
Speaker 2: Can we talk about the hot mic moment on Jeff Lewis?
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, were you mad?
Speaker 4: Here's what I felt. I literally had just left breakfast with Cy and we had a great so we knew each other when she was like, mommy blogging in Brooklyn and just starting out, and I lived in Brooklyn, and so I left lunch like gosh, I'm so glad, like we're reconnecting and I'm getting to know her again. And then I get a text from Aaron and it's like have you seen this? And I press it.
Speaker 2: Of course Aaron had to let you know, like you don't have the World Wide Web and could find out on any Bravo blogs. Minutes later, Oh my god.
Speaker 4: And I was like I just wanted to throw up. To be honest, I just felt like, wow, I'm a naive idiot, Like how did I just get tricked? So that was my first reaction. I then sent it to her with no questions, and she wrote back she said, what I said you were nice. Listen again, and I said, no, you said I'm boring and she said, I said, which is fine, but like shitty okay, And then she apologized and I was like, okay, I'm a big girl. She apologized, but I think where it got weird is in her confessional. She then he doubled down on the boring and I was like, oh, so you live to me again.
Speaker 3: So well, here's the thing. It was a hot Mike moment. It wasn't like she was ants like being funny.
Speaker 2: Anybody that does know anybody that does Jeff Lewis, They say, do not talk during any of the breaks you're constantly on. Well he doesn't.
Speaker 3: It doesn't mean he has to use those clips. Yeah, the entire things you have, you never to go look for it. You have to go to the serious app and look for it. Now these are used as clips on his Instagram account, and he used that clip just double shady.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean it got him a lot of clicks and views, didn't it. And the fortunate thing apparently being nice is boring and.
Speaker 3: Well, at this point, Jeff Lewis should just be a housewife because he's literally like pessing so many people off with his radio show that he's on every housewife show nowadays.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, oh Jeff, okay, I take it back.
Speaker 3: Jeff didn't use it as a clip. Bravo page. A Bravo fan page screen grabbed it, put it on Serious Appa posted it. But yeah, but.
Speaker 2: When she's wrong, she says she's wrong.
Speaker 3: I am white. Cast members surprised you the most of the season, either in a positive way or being more difficult than you expected.
Speaker 1: Or.
Speaker 4: I guess I think Brind because I went in with kind of like, oh, she's so fun and bubbly and you know we're gonna we're gonna get to know each other and have like she's the fun one, and then I was like, oh no, this is the one that I have to watch out for.
Speaker 3: What we saw different, Brind, This son so far than we did last year.
Speaker 2: And you loved her last season.
Speaker 3: No, Si, Si is a little different too. Cy was a very she was.
Speaker 4: Self exploration self.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: You know, you know there's people that go women that go on the show and they see themselves from the outside and they're like, oh shit, like I gotta fix that, and there's others that just don't.
Speaker 2: Get then they're like, all right, now I'm gonna double down bad behavior, ycause there's anything other than the prank that you would have changed about this season and things that you've done or didn't do, what would it be.
Speaker 4: I noticed that holding your energy for that long was hard for me. I can do it for seven minutes. I can be extra and I was just being myself and it comes across as really low energy sometimes and I wasn't. But I was like, I was like, gosh, they're all being so it's almost like a city.
Speaker 3: You were inside your head, you were thinking all these things, but you weren't.
Speaker 2: You almost seemed like aloof like you didn't want to be there.
Speaker 4: Well, I think in a lot of the moments that you're seeing, I'm either saying something ridiculous coming out of my mouth like I sneezed and my Diva cup came out, or you're seeing, you know, people trying like I clearly knew Britn was trying to stir the pot with her terrible game.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 4: Going to be comfortable in that moment because I'm like, I know what you're doing, and now you're picking a subject that's deeply personal to me. Like you want to stir the pot and ask me about my marriage, my kids, my business. I signed up for that shit, but not not something like this. So I think I think I got uncomfortable sometimes and I and yeah, and you.
Speaker 2: Get your head up, so did I. And but you live and you learn. Can you tell us if we need to be well? Tam doesn't need it anymore. But do I need to be using the Diva cup?
Speaker 4: Well, okay, this is I don't want Diva cup to come after me. Maybe it's just because I've had so many kids, but I will say that I was using it and I sneezed. It shot right out of me and it wasn't pretty, As I said, it was a murders.
Speaker 3: I don't even know what a Diva cup is.
Speaker 2: That you're too old Diva cup, Tam.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you just put it.
Speaker 4: Up there, it collects it and then you pull it out and it's reusable and sustainable and it's a great idea.
Speaker 2: But what do you put it in the dishwash?
Speaker 5: Really?
Speaker 2: How do you clean it?
Speaker 4: And the sink was themself and water. But maybe if you've had four children, it doesn't work for people like us. I don't know. Maybe I have four kids, little rhinoplastyar whatever they need to do down.
Speaker 2: There, I sneeze and ip. The other day I went to a trampoline park.
Speaker 4: And OVA candidate okay.
Speaker 3: And then I need a smaller garage for that thing.
Speaker 2: Can you please not call my lady part a garage?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 4: What about a docking station there?
Speaker 3: Just it just needs to be smaller, not our v size. It needs to be like a little Volkswagen bug size, a.
Speaker 2: Little a Mini Cooper an That's what I'm gonna say. But a little convertible Mini Cooper would be fine. Just park it right in there. Is there anything that you want to share before we kind of close out.
Speaker 4: We're done already.
Speaker 2: I can keep unless you want to share the juicy freaking tea with us.
Speaker 3: We bring it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know what I want to ask, is Jessel's husband playing it up for the cameras or do you think he's just a douche lord?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: Eddy, Well, what I liked him last season and then he got a little taste of being a funny guy and now it's non stop funny guy and I'm like enough, and.
Speaker 3: Now he's a clown. Told pan Fish, She told.
Speaker 4: Him, Okay, your stick is up. You need to get something new, So the warning has been put out by the wife.
Speaker 3: Do you think that they're going to have that girl that she wants?
Speaker 4: I don't think right now with some things she shared with me last night, which I will not say, but I think I think she still wants it, but maybe not in the next six months.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, all.
Speaker 3: Right, and OK what other question, let's see.
Speaker 2: Do you hang out with Jenna's fiance off camera?
Speaker 4: Yes, but not as often as I would like. So I actually know Cass probably better than I know Jenna. She shot me from my perfume campaign. She and I have a mutual bestie and I love that woman. She's one of the radest humans I've ever met.
Speaker 2: Who's the mutual bestie? Is it Jen?
Speaker 4: No, it's a woman named Tali who if Brinn had been able to share the rumor more, she was pinning all of it on my best friend. She was like, she was gonna say, Rebecca's best friend is the one that told me all the stuff.
Speaker 2: Do you think that it's fair that she didn't have to share that part of herself on camera?
Speaker 4: You know, I think there's been a lot of conversation between all of us about what we're willing to share and not share. And I think the consensus, especially after last night, is if you're going to be on the show, then like you got you have to do it, you know. I mean, I'm willing to share my family. My husband does not want to share our kids, and that's like I have to respect that. He's fine to go on, but I think we have to all share, like you have to like you have to be ron open.
Speaker 3: You know what industry is your husband in?
Speaker 4: He's a director.
Speaker 3: Oh so he's like, hell no, I want my kids on that show. A lot of men don't, no, and especially come on with me.
Speaker 4: And then he had like he sliced his achilles and he's like, I'm not going to make my TV debut like in a wheelchair, Like that's not how I'm going to show up as your husband. So I'm going to pass.
Speaker 3: How old are your kids?
Speaker 4: Thirteen, ten, seven and two?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, do you want any more?
Speaker 4: I would love one more, but my husband said, we lose our son in five years, and do you want to spend the next five years being distracted by another baby or soak it up with him? And I was like I won't do it.
Speaker 2: I mean that's a good point. Yeah, yeah, I mean that is a good point. Oh, how do you feel about if some of the ogs came back to New York.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's a good one.
Speaker 4: I think that maybe there should be a girls trip with us and the ogs, you know how it works. Yeah. I think showing up to a dinner's random. I don't know. I think there should be some group bonding and then see where this energies click and then leeting ads needed, don't you What do.
Speaker 3: You think about what Bethany said? She said basically said do you know her?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I know her. I asked her if I should do it, and she said, don't show up to the body when it's already Ovah, she said that to you. Yeah, I said, I'm thinking about going on the show. What do you think? Because I had been a guest on her podcast a couple of years ago, so that was her opinion. But you know what, Listen, everyone's upset because we're not like the OG's. I think that's a different time. It's a different show. No one in social media, no one like she said on her video that they just acted crazy and had nothing to lose, and they were just a bunch of you know, women, and I think I think from what I'm hoping, the creators wanted to change the dynamic of the show a little bit and not try and do that.
Speaker 3: And so I yeah, I mean for the people that keep saying like, bring the OG's back, hardly any of them live in New York anymore, right, so it's just not going to happen. And they did give them the ultimate girls trip. Can be the ultimate girls trip and you can take all put both of them. Yeah, oh my god, you guys would be fighting.
Speaker 4: Like share a room with Derinda, It'll be great.
Speaker 2: Did you guys see the headline that who was it Kelly? Was it Kelly? Ben Simone was on like a dating app on Riah and she was it was gonna daze Bethany's boyfriend?
Speaker 3: Was it Bethany's current boyfriend?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: Yes, I think she she would. She told the story last night because she was there. She was dming with him and then she ran into him outside of a bar in the Hamptons and then realized that that's Bethany Frankels. I guess her boyfriend pre name right for that to be the case, I'm not on Riah. So I don't know, but you can apparently not.
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess we'll find out. We are actually about how.
Speaker 3: Kelly stupid is he?
Speaker 4: That's well stupid, but maybe yeah he has a thing for housewives, like maybe clearly.
Speaker 2: But also I've just learned this. You can't do screen grabs from Rya or you get kicked out.
Speaker 3: Well was another phone?
Speaker 2: Then you use another phone, So it's.
Speaker 3: Not really that hard to figure out.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, Well, we appreciate you coming on. Next time that you come to LA, you've got to come in and we'll do it in person. Fun and we love some bags. They are my style.
Speaker 3: She has no shame in her game with.
Speaker 4: You that you you will not just throw me under a bus.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: No, if you gifted to me, I'm going to leave it outside of Marshalls and then be like look what I found.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, Marshalls, Teddy, come on, go up a level.
Speaker 2: That was the point I was really trying to be at it. Are you kidding? I love?
Speaker 3: I have several of your bags.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you're incredibly impressive and it's a you know, it's insane the business that you've built, and uh, people like to you know sometimes give a little a little shit when there may be.
Speaker 3: A little jealousy.
Speaker 4: Well that's to be them.
Speaker 2: Thanks for coming on. Where do people find you on Instagram, socials, et cetera.
Speaker 4: Yes, you can listen to my podcast Superwomen with Rebecca Mincoff. I'm at Rebecca Mincoff and at Becky Minkoff for my.
Speaker 3: Personal Do you go by Rebecca or Becky?
Speaker 4: I go by both and people are like, can I call you Becky? And I was like, yes, that's what I grew up with. It was Becky. It only became Rebecca when I started the brand, and I felt like, yeah, you sound like an adult.
Speaker 2: What does your husband call you?
Speaker 4: He calls me Becky.
Speaker 3: I only became Tamor when I started the show well because there was two there was two Tammys.
Speaker 4: So, oh you're a Tammy.
Speaker 3: I'm a Tammy.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, my mom calls me Tammy.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, you don't seem like a Tammy at all.
Speaker 2: Tammy Sue.
Speaker 3: I told my husband said when I finally leave the show, like, are you gonna call me Tammy?
Speaker 2: He's like, no, my god, I'm gonna start calling you Tammy.
Speaker 3: Heyay call me tea.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. All right, thanks you guys please this week. Thank you Becky with the good hair you Bye.