Speaker 1: Second date updated. How many times has Brooke come to one of us saying, Oh my god, I have the cutest date night idea ever.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: Oh, there's this adorable little shop. It's just a two and a half hour drive away, and a blind woman there teaches you how to cut off your own hair and turn it into a shower loofah. I just forced my husband to do it with me and it was so romantic.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, and he has such thick hair. You believe the loofah that man is able to make. I mean, just a head of gorgeous hair.
Speaker 1: Sometimes good friends give terrible dating advice, and apparently that's what happened to one of our listeners recently named Will Will. Were you tricked into making loofahs out of your own hair?
Speaker 3: Uh? No, not a loofah?
Speaker 2: Okay? Good? And I was gonna say, don't call it a hairball, because it's not one.
Speaker 3: All right, I was going to call it that.
Speaker 1: Okay. Tell us about the date that that you went on. What's her name?
Speaker 3: Her name's Heather, Heather.
Speaker 1: Okay, what did you and Heather do for your date? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well, I was trying to think of a date idea because I wanted it to be cute, you know. I thought it seemed really nice.
Speaker 2: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: So I talked to a friend of mine and she was like, go try out this little downtown area. It's on like the end of this little peninsula. I had never heard of it before, but apparently it's really cool.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 3: Well, it's kind of far away and I don't have a car. She doesn't have a car. So we took a bus.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, wait, took a bus to like some isolated peninsula, far far away.
Speaker 3: I thought it was kind of weird, but I like trust this person who told me that it was cool.
Speaker 2: So I was like, okay, whatever, okay, and wait, I mean it is a destination, like a cafe, Like, what's the whole point of this?
Speaker 3: She said? There was bars and restaurants.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's like a little town okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, like little beach area and things like that, like a touristy thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So you bust over there with Heather.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Heather and.
Speaker 5: I bust over there, and I didn't realize that this place, like how small it was gonna be. But it literally took us twenty minutes to see everything. Oh no, small, It was very small, but they still had like a restaurant, so we went and ate.
Speaker 2: Bet it was busy restaurant if it's the only one of the whole I mean, what was Heather's reaction. I mean, because I'm guessing the bus ride took a long time.
Speaker 3: The bus ride took kind of a long time, but I don't know. I was trying to read the vibe and she was still having a good time. And we went and ate dinner and that was a good time. But then there's kind of like nothing else to do after that.
Speaker 1: They don't have a hair loofa class that you could take over there.
Speaker 2: You didn't plan correctly.
Speaker 3: Sadly, No, I didn't. I didn't see any ads for those.
Speaker 2: They're usually in basements, so it's hard to find the flyer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, checking around, okay, I try actively not to check for hairlobers.
Speaker 1: That's you guys do a little wa what do you do?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, we walked around for a second and we were like, all right, let's just go back to the restaurant. They had like a little.
Speaker 1: Bart get hammered. That's always a good idea, true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like that You've been there an hour and you're already irregular.
Speaker 3: We're back.
Speaker 1: Was it fun?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was fun. So we're getting drinks and then we decide we want to leave and we missed the last bus out of that place.
Speaker 1: Oh, this is like when SpongeBob missed the last bus out of the city, remember that episode. I'm gonna take your word for it, though everybody understands.
Speaker 2: I mean that means you just got a pony up for a super expensive.
Speaker 3: Uber, right, Yeah, that was the plan. But there were no lubers in the Yeah, no ubers, no lyft.
Speaker 2: Like, nope, they moved there. He's actually living there.
Speaker 1: Now pay one of the locals to drive you home, like you're the mayor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm it's been a comfortable life. We have to get like a tiny hotel room.
Speaker 4: What oh god, which is also attached to the restaurant.
Speaker 3: It was. It was pretty close to the restaurant.
Speaker 2: Wait, what was her reaction? Which I mean like, this could go two ways. Either she's really excited and she's like, oh, don't worry about two, we'll split one.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I didn't want to assume anything and she didn't tell me otherwise. So I just got a room with two beds in it.
Speaker 2: Oh, and pretty assuming that's safe.
Speaker 4: You're not going to sleep.
Speaker 3: No, I think you.
Speaker 2: Would have to get two different hotel rooms like a first night. I don't know if you're not going to assume anything. Make a guy pay for two rooms someone to pick him up, and it's his bad planning.
Speaker 1: So what happened?
Speaker 3: So long story short, nothing happened. Like we fell asleep watching Pirates of the Caribbean, okay, and we woke up in the morning, no breakfast pot the first bus back. It was just kind of awkward, like having to be like forced to play together like.
Speaker 2: The first night, not onally that you don't have a toothbrush, you don't have all of your like face stuff, like you're waking up feeling and.
Speaker 1: You didn't like hook up at all.
Speaker 3: It was not great. No, nothing happened.
Speaker 2: Was she great? Was she sitting with her arms were.
Speaker 4: Watching it or wed?
Speaker 3: No? No, we were in bed the whole time, Like she might have been mad. I don't know if she was just kind of like not saying anything anyway. I emailed you guys because I have not heard from her.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's just as much her fault. I would ever not google that stuff like and if you're with a dude that you don't want to be with, you'd call your girlfriend, would get picked up, You would get somebody to sacrifice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know that's what I thought.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, good idea. Let's call her and shame her. I think it is.
Speaker 2: I think they he did something in the hotel room. She was into it until a certain point at leish you didn't like.
Speaker 4: Call a coast guard to come like get.
Speaker 1: Her also runs the restaurant busy.
Speaker 2: It's a.
Speaker 3: Helicopter.
Speaker 1: Well, we're gonna come back. We're gonna call Heather for you and see if it was your fault that it ended badly or hers. When we know your second date update in the circumstances, we'll find out for sure. Get your second date update, Next second Date update. If you missed part one of the second Date, Will and Heather ended up stranded in a tiny town on a remote peninsula where the last bus had already left, which gave them no choice but to stay the night in one hotel room with two separate beds. Brooke immediately said before we left in the first part that something happened in that hotel room. Scary like a gruff detective who's been working hooker beats on the wrong side of town.
Speaker 4: Something don't smell right.
Speaker 2: Over all I was trying to say, Jeffrey, is if she agreed to the hotel to begin with, she was feeling something good able enough? Yeah, and then it turned to nothing but Pirates of the Caribbean movie watching like, well, if.
Speaker 1: She hadn't done that, what was her option to.
Speaker 2: Sleep outside her own hotel room. She's a grown woman with her own credit card. I'm sure she could have covered herself.
Speaker 1: Jeff We don't know what her credit card situation is, like, maybe they're all maxed out herself.
Speaker 3: Credit score.
Speaker 1: All right, well, we're gonna see if Brooks gum shoe waves are right on or way off. But Will maybe you should tell us did you blow the ending of the Pirates movie? Because maybe Heather hadn't seen it yet.
Speaker 4: Oh that's it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not much one for spoilers.
Speaker 4: Oh really, he's like Johnny Depp gets away.
Speaker 2: Oh god, so funny.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, we don't have any spoilers for how this second date is going to end, so let's get right into it. Hopefully it has a happy ending. You ready to do this?
Speaker 3: Well, yep, do it all right?
Speaker 1: Here we go. Huh hey, we're looking for Heather.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is Heather.
Speaker 1: Hey Heather, I said we because you're on with a whole morning show right now called Brook and Jeffrey.
Speaker 2: Hi, Heather, do you have a second whoa?
Speaker 1: What do you mean like a more like a radio Yeah, we're a radio show.
Speaker 4: What if we were? What if we're just like a morning show that got together every.
Speaker 1: Day, just like a bunch of random.
Speaker 2: Broadcast podcast too, if that makes it.
Speaker 1: We're you know, we're a legit show and we're doing something called a second date update. Okay, Yeah, that's where we try and help some of our listeners who've gone out on dates but are getting ghosted afterwards, to try and figure out if anything went wrong or if there's a chance you guys could meet up again. And uh, okay, hey, there's a guy that you went out with recently named Will.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, did he call you?
Speaker 1: Yeah? We heard from Will a little bit about you guys going to this little town on this peninsula, missing the last bus out and having to stay the night there.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 2: Okay he told you everything. I don't think he told us everything because he didn't tell us why you weren't calling it. Yeah, no, I bet he didn't tell you everything, because we've heard that.
Speaker 1: You haven't been reaching back out to him after your night together.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So honestly, like I was actually really enjoying the date, like it was going really well.
Speaker 4: It was funny like that we kind of got stuck, and like, to be totally honest, I knew.
Speaker 2: The bus schedule because well, what if it was a complete slop? I wanted to know my way out. Wait wait, wait, so you purposely missed the last bus? Is that what you're saying. It wasn't even that.
Speaker 3: I just kind of I checked my watch and realized, like, okay, if we were to catch the last bus, we would have to like sprink right now.
Speaker 4: I think mentioned that, Like why would you not know, bud girl?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did not expect to hear from you.
Speaker 1: I'm being honest.
Speaker 2: So you were into him then, oh yeah, yeah, like it was going very well, and so I just kind of wanted to see what he would do, like how he would handle that situation, because like everyone put on their first date face, and I was like, this could be interesting, this would be.
Speaker 1: Like a fun little cook but it is brilliant is a thing.
Speaker 4: If you went on one day with me, you think I'm the perfect man. Okay, second date, it's like, oh my god, how are you even alive?
Speaker 2: Already? By the second date, we fall quickly.
Speaker 1: So everything was okay. When you got the hotel room.
Speaker 2: It was it was going great, and I was like, okay, I'm excited, and so yeah.
Speaker 5: He he ended up booking at a hotel room.
Speaker 2: Okay, Wait was that the right move for you? What were you hoping him to do?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: I was kind of hoping it would be one hotel room room. Oh okay, I was super into it.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, so what changed?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we get up to the room and he's like, let's watch Piates with Caribean, and I'm like, great, a classic, let's do it. Yeah. Plus, it's like it's a movie you've already seen, so always that indicates to be like, okay, you don't actually want to pay attention to the movie. Yeah, background right, like I feel like everyone has seen that movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Ok So, anyway, about like thirty minutes into the movie, she pauses the movie just kind of like randomly.
Speaker 5: And like dials a number on his phone.
Speaker 2: And she like turns it on speakerphone, and I'm like, what is about to happen?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: His voice comes on.
Speaker 5: And it's the girl and she's like, is might Bby ready for his nightly routine?
Speaker 2: Did he have a like girlfriend? What? Guys?
Speaker 5: It's his mom and she.
Speaker 4: Starts reading good Night Moon, Get out here.
Speaker 1: Gotta be I'm still waiting for the weird part.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it has to be some joke that it just ended up not funny or something.
Speaker 4: I'm like shook at this point.
Speaker 2: I'm literally like I didn't say anything because I kind of kept waiting for it to be a joke.
Speaker 4: Did he tell his mom that you were there?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was like, Okay, yes, I'm ready, but I've got a friend over, so it's got to be quick. I'm still.
Speaker 1: Unusual.
Speaker 4: I would have been like, oh, let's do this another time.
Speaker 2: He's done this in front of other women before.
Speaker 3: Can I stop you right there?
Speaker 1: Oh no, I wanted to keep going.
Speaker 2: I need excuse, I need like some logical.
Speaker 1: Just getting good.
Speaker 3: Right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Is that you?
Speaker 2: I we swear his mom isn't on the phone too, I promise.
Speaker 1: That's how the segment works in the second dates is we have the other person listening so that they can hear what went wrong.
Speaker 2: How is that out?
Speaker 3: I think it's weird that you don't appreciate that I have like a good connection with my mom.
Speaker 5: Well, that's not normal. You're a grown man.
Speaker 1: Grown men aren't allowed to love their moms.
Speaker 3: That's that's what I'm saying. I'm saying grown men don't have their mom call them on a date every good night moond, Like.
Speaker 1: Do you not.
Speaker 3: Very often? So this is like something that we do together and it helps me sleep.
Speaker 2: There is still way there's not been another person telling you that this is weird and creepy before.
Speaker 3: Obviously I don't like have people around all the time, but you were there and I thought you would be okay with it and would think it was, you know, like kind of cute.
Speaker 1: Is that how you felt? Feel like, maybe there's a little bit of cuteness.
Speaker 2: This is not the worst part though, you guys.
Speaker 5: Let me cut to the worst part of it. He gets on the phone and then he decides that this is the time to come on to me.
Speaker 2: What no, no, he hung up.
Speaker 3: He hung up the phone and he was like, Okay, now I'm going to try to be cute and like cuddly I was like, No, if I'm you in that situation and I see that something I'm with has a really close connection with their mom, that's a turn on for me. It shows emotional maturity. I'm just saying, you.
Speaker 2: Imagine on their wedding night, he's calling his mom.
Speaker 1: What's wrong of that?
Speaker 3: Don't knock it. She's a great storyteller.
Speaker 1: I think Brook is just jealous because she's not as good of a mother as she has to get over that. But really it comes down to Heather and if you're willing to give will another chance for a second date, because if you are, we're willing to pay for it.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: I just am like, I can't imagine a future where this is something.
Speaker 5: I have to abide. Like if this was how it was on my first date, how much worse does it get?
Speaker 2: And then you have to I mean when you are with someone, you're with their mother too. I mean it's like an in laws situation.
Speaker 3: Heather, I don't get you like it's just a story, you know, it's how we cannect. I mean she can read a different story if you want.
Speaker 1: Heather, you're missing maybe you would like to read him the good Night's stories.
Speaker 2: Even no I don't think Will would let anyone replace his mother.
Speaker 1: I don't want to impose. So is this not happening?
Speaker 3: I think that is like so short sighted. I think we had a good time, and I think it's dumb that you don't like that I have a good connection with my mom.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't want.
Speaker 1: You to go home empty handed. Tonight. You know what I'm gonna do Tonight, I'm coming over and you and I are doing Big Spoon, Little Spoon. We'll have your mom read a good night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're gonna love it. It's a great story.
Speaker 1: Do we have consolation prizes on this show that people never even expected or wanted? Everyone today except for Heather Sorry, brooked Jeffrey in the Morning