Speaker 1: Help We Suck At Being Newlyweds?
Speaker 2: With Dean Aungler, Kaylen Lurkey and Jared Haven an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 3: What is going on? Everyone? Welcome to an all new episode of Help We Suck At Being at Newlyweds? And boy, oh boy, do we suck more than ever this week?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I just wanted to say that we've got a great episode. We're doing a doubleheader this week, just like the good old days. We have some great guests. Fran and Ria from Chicks in the Office are going to be joining us later this week on Thursday. You're not gonna want to miss that. But in the meantime, we want to catch up with I guess everyone that's involved in this podcast. So Kaylin is currently in France, Jared's currently in Rhode Island. You guessed it, Yes, nice, And I'm currently in Las Vegas. Look at us, Look at us? Who would have thought? Who would have thought? So what's going on you guys? Jared? Great to see you. It's always a pleasure to see you because we don't get to talk much to the week, but every time I get to talk to you on this podcast, it's a real tree even when you wear those silly sunglasses.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I felt like wearing sunglasses just because Dean's got his halo. I feel like I'm just missing out. You're cool, Jared.
Speaker 3: When you wear the sunglasses, I feel cool.
Speaker 1: I've always thought I looked good with sunglasses on. Also, it just hides my face, actually says no.
Speaker 3: I agree that I look cooler in sunglasses too. But Calen always makes fun of me because I always choose the exact same style of sunglasses, no matter where, when it.
Speaker 2: Is same exact ones, no matter what. He has, like seven at the same pair.
Speaker 1: It's those little round runs, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm a round guy. I'm the hipster guy.
Speaker 2: And I asked him to venture out in Japan when we were shopping for another pair because he lost his other pair, and he tried on other ones, and I was like, you're right, you found the one that fits your face shape.
Speaker 3: Of course, that's why I wear them, because they're the only sunglasses that don't make me look ridiculous. Like Jared's got a great shape of his face and so he can pull off many different styles. I'm sure, I mean not true. I have a very specific sunglass shape style. So but I will admit, Jared, you look cool. Hopefully you're in your comfy place. You're like the You're like Frankenstein from from that movie with Adam Sandler. What's the name of the movie with Adam.
Speaker 2: Sandler and the Little Kid animated?
Speaker 3: No, no, with the Little Kid. No is a dad, big daddy, big daddy.
Speaker 1: Oh Frankenstein.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he puts the sunglasses on and he feels safe and comfortable and no one can see him. So that's how you are right now. I feel like you're in your happy place. You're comfortable. You know, maybe try maybe we can get some spicy hot gossip out of you this this episode because of it.
Speaker 1: I know, uh, spicy. You know what you want to You want to have some spice?
Speaker 3: Yeah, spice me up.
Speaker 1: Ashley and I had sex last night.
Speaker 3: Yeah? Nice, I like as she's a reaction. She has no idea why you just said that.
Speaker 1: I was looking for some spice? You know? Why not change things up? Hey?
Speaker 3: Is that was that because you guys are trying to have a baby or you guys are just seeing it for the fun.
Speaker 1: No, we're doing it for fun. Man, Come on, that's cool.
Speaker 3: How did it?
Speaker 1: Every time has to be like to pro create?
Speaker 3: How did it initiate? Who started it?
Speaker 1: Ashley was the one who started it.
Speaker 3: Nice and like describe and detail how she starts it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she initiated it because it's planned, right, it's you know. So at like seven o'clock she's like, so you should we have sex tonight?
Speaker 3: Do we really want to talk about this?
Speaker 1: Not fully?
Speaker 2: No, because I said that that would be a great conversation topic for the podcast.
Speaker 1: Well, so here's here's the conversation topic for all these married couples out there. Caylin Dean, I'm sure you're not there, but you guys are headed there, so brace for it.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: You know there's times where you just like, don't have intimacy? What no, get away, Get out of the room. Get out of the room.
Speaker 2: The conversation was supposed to be about initiation.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: Ah.
Speaker 1: Anyway, like what I was saying, sometimes it's hard to initiate. And because it's my point being now I've lost my train of thought. My point being is that sometimes you just go like weeks and you're like, oh my god, we haven't had sex, and it's because life gets in the way. I we're tired, at nights. We don't have the same libido that we once had. And we've talked about having planned sex on the podcast before. Not the sexiest of things, but needed, needed, And so with Ashley and I, it's just like, oh my god, we have to, like we have to have sex because it's like we just have to do it because yeah, most of the times, Dawson goes to bed at nine thirty and we're just exhausted.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's how it is for me. I feel like I don't have a sex drive anymore either. Not that you're saying you don't have a sex drive, but it's hard to find time. And then, like you said, the day gets away from me. Life gets in the way. I can't do that. I can't do the sexy time when I know that I smell and like just really dirty. Yeah, because we have to shower. Actually likes to get all ready. That's like and that's ninety eight percent of the time for me. I stink and I'm dirty and I feel like gross, and then I'm like, oh, but I don't want to shower before bed. I'll do it in the morning. You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a solution for that, But you don't like to shower. That's totally no.
Speaker 3: No, no, I don't mind showering. I shower today, thank you very much. I cannot shower at night. If I can't shower after eleven AM, then it's just off the table for me. I can't shower really.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean eleven is early. I can understand if it's like nine o'clock at night and you're like, I just got I'm so tired. I can't. I can't put myself in a body of water right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, especially before bed. But you're right, maybe it's a little bit later than eleven, But I just hate the nighttime shower. Some people swear by them. I can't do it. And you know, to the point of the conversation that we're having, that's like prime sex time. And at that point I'm like, like I said, I know I smell bad. I know I'm dirty. The last thing I want is for Kaitlyn to be touching me, because then she's going to realize how bad smelly I am.
Speaker 2: Right now, I already realized i'll smell you are.
Speaker 1: But who initiates more to YouTube me?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, but I initiate sometimes, Yeah, it's me. Yeah, but yeah, but we started to carve it out some time. There was a time not to get too personal here where we were like, okay, then I talked and we're like, we're not being intimate enough, and so we made we kind of did what you're doing where we like scheduled it and planned it. We're like every morning, we're gonna do it every morning. Yeah, it lasted a good couple weeks.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, uh, I mean, if we really want to get into it, after Dean broke, is like, it was very hard to be intimate. Yeah, like it. I mean it wasn't really physically possible because he just located his hip as well, so it became more difficult. And then we got better.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got better, we got worse, We got better, we got worse. It's an ebb and flow, but it really just falls back onto me too. You know, like I always talk about how a shamed I am of my body right now, and just like being naked is not really my favorite thing, and having to think about Kaylin seeing me this way is really depressing for me, and that just falls back on me. I just got to get in shape.
Speaker 2: But you look good.
Speaker 1: He does look good. He's crazy. But that's why for me personally, morning sex is just completely off the table. I want it to be as dark as humanly possible, so you don't see what I look like right now, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but at least in the morning, like you're thinner, you're less bloated. You know, you've kind of lost some water weight overnight, so you do, and you haven't eaten anything that day, so you do look better in the morning than you do at night. So there's at least that going for you. But I do agree with you with the lights thing. How's the breath though?
Speaker 1: You guys, they say, I don't know who says this, but somebody said that you found your soulmate if you can make out with them in the morning and their breath doesn't stay.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: How does my breast smell in the morning? Kaylen?
Speaker 2: I don't like anyone's breast smell is good in the morning. But but but we're episode made out in the morning and it's it's fine. I'm not like you.
Speaker 3: Well, your breast things in the morning too, so I did for you. How does that feel?
Speaker 2: Okay? I'm just I can't take you guys seriously because you have the halo Jared has the glasses. It looks like the angel and the devil like on my shoulders right now.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm gladly be the angel. Can you give yourself a filter so you can so you can fit in with us?
Speaker 2: I don't even know how to do that.
Speaker 3: Oh, you can play around with a little bit.
Speaker 1: I feel like there's got to be like Bunny ears on there for kailin.
Speaker 3: What's your go to position, Jared, here's an Ashley's Okay?
Speaker 2: Can we talk about something else?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we don't go deep. If it was din, if it was just you and I, we could rattle about this all day long. But you know, I want to be respectful of the lady in the room.
Speaker 3: You know, the listeners want to hear about their favorite positions.
Speaker 2: Let's try something else.
Speaker 1: Well, all right, so we'll we'll transition away from the sexy time talk even though, hey, listen, there's nothing to be ashamed of. It's just part of life, guys.
Speaker 3: But I have a question. I have a non inappropriate question. Ashley's not on birth control, right, So I know you said you guys aren't trying for a child, a second child, but like technically you're not not just on birth control. Oh she is, okay, I gotcha.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah right, Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: I just kind of always figured once you have a baby, you're kind of like off birth control for the rest of them, for your to life.
Speaker 1: Why would you think that because I'm an idiot, Because you're a guy. You don't know what the hell you're talking about.
Speaker 3: I guess, you know, I just assume once you stop it, there's no you're not going to restart it. But it does. I mean, it makes sense now that we're talking about it. I just have always kind of assumed, you know, you're married, you have a baby, and then you're kind of just like winging it and whatever happens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, say I do we get off with birth control?
Speaker 3: And then you know, yeah, I mean, Kalen's not on birth control, so we're we're not technically trying to have a kid. But like you know, there's no goalie in the goal.
Speaker 1: That puck.
Speaker 3: If it happens, it happens, Caitlyn might be pregnant at the wedding.
Speaker 2: No, that would be not good because I just tried on my wedding dress and it fit perfect.
Speaker 1: You would need some alterations at that point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But I feel like you're going to be like a tiny pregnant person.
Speaker 2: Would be nice, I hope yeah.
Speaker 3: Or it could be the opposite. You could do with balloon and we could have quadruplets. But yeah, either way, I guess we'll wait till after the wedding. But I guess my point being that you know you're not on birth control. I'm certainly not wearing condoms, so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those are long a gooing.
Speaker 3: Bro could happen.
Speaker 1: I just I can't remember the last time. Speaking of weddings, how are you guys feeling about the wedding right now? Where are you right now in the process? So you're trying on dresses, Dean, you probably haven't even started looking at Texas yet, but the venues all booked. Do you guys have food?
Speaker 3: All that good stuff we're going? Oh sorry, you can answer kaelin.
Speaker 2: In three weeks we have our food tasting. But next step, our wedding invites are going to print next week and then they'll be sent out mid June. Other than that, it's like design details. But try to my wedding gown fit perfectly. And on my way walking to right after the podcast downtown walking to my wedding dress fitting I passed like seven tuck shops, and so I feel like they're like, that's where Dean should go to find his pinguin tuxedo.
Speaker 3: What in France?
Speaker 2: Oh this was in downtown Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, Well do I go to the tux s fitting by myself?
Speaker 2: You could bring a friend, bring Josh or Jackson Jackson stylish, I told I asked Jackson.
Speaker 3: I was like, hey, if you want to get fitted for a tuxedo with me, we'll get you. You pay for your tuxedo. But then he's like, well, would I wear a tuxedo? And then I was like, yeah, I guess you probably wouldn't wear a tuxedo.
Speaker 2: He should wear suit, but he should still go with you because we will cover his suit cost.
Speaker 3: Oh but he's pa, he's proba already got one. But I guess we could buy him a new and that'd be a good gesture on our behalf.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's do it. We should.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So anyways, as we were saying, we got a food tasting in three weeks, we're actually gonna stay at the property that everyone's going to stay at with us, and it should be a good time.
Speaker 2: I think it's our first time seeing it not covered in snow, so it'll be interesting to see and actually like stay there.
Speaker 1: I mean, are you guys doing multiple food vendors? Like are you picking? Did you already pick the people? You're a caterer.
Speaker 2: So the property we're getting married at has a farm to table chef and he'll be there just like preparing the meals, and I guess we'll decide from there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which would be interesting. I've never really done a food tasting before.
Speaker 1: But they're gonna wine and dine you. It's very nice. Yeah, like what are we going to do?
Speaker 3: Like take three bites of seven meals?
Speaker 1: Pretty much? But that's the best part is that you get to try all all this different food and then you can take it to go or you know, you can obviously give it to a food shelter. You don't throw the food out, but yeah, yeah, try all these different things and then you get to figure out what you want.
Speaker 3: Are they charging us for this food tasting?
Speaker 2: Klein, No, they're not. It's included. That's the one thing that's included.
Speaker 3: That is I'm surprised I am charging us a thousand dollars for this.
Speaker 2: I know, I'm surprised. We Dan and I were talking. We're like, should we just stay at the property because are tastings late. It's a little bit removed from Aspen. It's like kind of a drive and Deed's like, they're going to charge one thousand dollars for one night, but they gave us a discount of one hundred dollars, sohous.
Speaker 3: I guess, very generous, and it'll be nice. It'll be nice to just stay up there and kind of feel what it's going to be like for us and for everyone else that's there.
Speaker 1: You know how many people are you guys inviting? I know, I can't remember.
Speaker 3: Small it gets smaller every day. I think it's gonna be.
Speaker 2: Like seventy Yeah, but we inviting like eighty five maybe. Yeah, we've gotten a couple of those, so really Yeah. Hannah Ann from The Bachelors so far is a no.
Speaker 1: Yea Well that headline this week Hannah Ann not going No.
Speaker 3: I know I's and I'm sure some of my friends won't show up too, because you know, who wants to go to a wedding and Aspen in summertime in the fall.
Speaker 1: But it'll be nice Aspen. You've heard the Beautiful is like wine over there, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, lots of fish in the Capistrano River as well. Yeah. No, it'll be good. It'll be good. It's just a little stressful. I'm still trying to plan my bachelor party. That's kind of like what I've been thinking about doing a lot of lately. I haven't actually taken any action on it, but just thinking about it.
Speaker 1: Hey, the first step in anything is thinking about it. Yeah, no, I agree, You've checked that box off.
Speaker 3: I've got a group of like six of my close friends that I like put put together and I was like, hey, guys, so I don't have a best man, so I'm going to plan this, but I just like want to pick everyone's brain and like see what everyone wants to, you know, what everyone to be interested in doing, where we want to go, Like what time frame is the best? And it's I was such a bad idea because now I have six people saying this weekend, this weekend, this place, this place, this place, and it just what needs to happen is I just need to book something and then say this is where it's happening, this is when it's happening, and then I'll send out all the like the invites and everything.
Speaker 2: Obviously, Well, what I did that you'll never do is I sent out a survey and it was like, what dates are you available? Like which weekends in July and August? What's your size? Because I'm getting everyone like little clothes, like different outfits for the thing, favorite colors, et cetera. Which you'll never do, but you could just send out a survey with the dates. And then it was like I found one weekend where everyone is free.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's not going to happen for me, but yeah it's stressful. And now they're saying like, Dean, you got to freaking figure this out. You gotta get it done. If you don't do it, we're gonna do it for you. And I was like, no, I need to do this. I need to prove that I could plan something like this for you guys. And so they're like, well, what we want to help and I'm like, absolutely not. I'm going to do it.
Speaker 2: Because it's going to be like a wild weekend in scottsdaleer Vegas. Yeah, like just partying all the time. I do have a question for you to put you on blast. If you were to have a best man, who would it be?
Speaker 3: Oh, don't put me on blast.
Speaker 1: I just want to It'd be er, what am on blast? That's the safe answer. Come on now, it'd be Brett.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Wells would kill you.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Maybe one of my brothers.
Speaker 1: Maybe, yeah, it had to be a brother.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I wasn't a best man at my brother's wedding, which you know kind of makes me.
Speaker 1: Best man his best friend. Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, I between Josh Jackson and Roney.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'd probably be between those three. Maybe like Austin or some other people in there would be considered as well. But that's partly why I'm not having a best man, because I don't want to have to think about it.
Speaker 1: You know, that's nice if you have a made of honor.
Speaker 2: No. Told one of my best friends that if I were too, she would be the one. And she keeps asking me, like to plan the bride shower, the bachelorette all this stuff, and I was like, no, I've got it, but thanks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've told a few of my friends that, like I was like, hey, if I had a best man, you'd be I have to look.
Speaker 2: For to one person. That's insane.
Speaker 3: So I'm just that's kind of why I'm like stressed out about it. Not well, not stressed out. I would be stressed if we were doing that, but thankfully we're not. But yeah, no, wedding planning is going well. Uh we you know.
Speaker 2: Just well for you because you're not really doing a lot.
Speaker 3: That's going well for you because you enjoy it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 3: So it's a perfect Kismet situation.
Speaker 2: We also pivoted on our dessert during our cake tasting. We were like, we don't like cake, why would we do cake for the dessert. So we switched to many ice cream sandwiches.
Speaker 3: Which is great. But I was lobbying for ice cream so early on and you the whole time were like, no, we can't have ice cream at our wedding as a dessert. It's impossible. How do you keep an ice cream cake cold for that long? And I was like, I don't know, there's a million ways to do it. I'm sure. And now look what we're doing. We're having ice cream, just like I wanted.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we did a good compromise. My favorite dissert's chocolate chip cookies, your favorite desserts ice cream. So it's kind of like in the middle cookies and ice cream.
Speaker 1: Oh, you all know we should do too. We should be already compromising. You're already a married couple. Look at that.
Speaker 3: We should have a giant bowl of hot Cheetos at the wedding as well.
Speaker 2: I'm good, but that could be for your bachelor party.
Speaker 3: No, it should be at the wedding. I want it to be at the end of the buffet. Do we have a buffet. I want it to be at right next to the ice cream sandwiches. A big bowl of hot Cheetos we.
Speaker 2: Can do like that, can be the people's goodie bags as they leave, you.
Speaker 3: Know, yeah, no, no, no, no, I want it right next to the ice cream.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna lie next to the ice cream. Sounds terrible, but the goodie bags is a great idea.
Speaker 3: You eat some mot Cheetos and then dig into some ice creaming, cleanse your palate, set it back to neutral, and.
Speaker 2: Then we'll have white monster on the side, all of these favorites.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that sounds like a great idea.
Speaker 1: What are you guys? I was looking forward to at the wedding. Yeah, the wedding day, whatever the wedding has entailed.
Speaker 2: Friday of the wedding, I think is going to be really fun. Like, obviously I'm excited for the wedding, but it sounds like a lot of pressure on us and a lot of attention on us. So I think Friday I'm most excited for.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm rehearsal.
Speaker 2: Then I'm asuming there's like an event on Friday that I'm excited.
Speaker 1: Okay, have a band talking about it?
Speaker 2: We could, but I might as well keep me surprise.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is John Craigie coming to play at our wedding for on Friday? Is that what the surprise is.
Speaker 2: No, it's not a surprise for you. You know what's happening.
Speaker 3: Oh I thought you were going to say John Craigi is going to come and play a private set for all of our attention.
Speaker 1: No Matchbox twenty is she'll be pretty sick.
Speaker 2: Anything would be awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we could reach out, you know, I reach out to John, I'll talk to.
Speaker 2: I'm down to fly out an artist if we can fly out one person versus like five people, because it's very hard to fly out five people to Aspen.
Speaker 1: And it's just very expensive. We had David Cook player wedding, and legitimately because it was him, his like assistant his band members because they had he had a couple of people and then they stayed two nights. I think maybe it was just one night camera. So we had to play for the flights, all their travel, all their equipment because remember they're bringing big ass equipment with them, and their hotels and the hotel was like five hundred dollars a night, so it was a lot of money.
Speaker 2: Well, like had a singer singer reach out and it was her, her team, her husband, and Aspen is so expensive. I'm flying out Emma the makeup artist, Emma Willis and that I was like breaking the bank over So I know you're.
Speaker 1: Gonna love You're gonna love having her there.
Speaker 2: Oh, she's the best. After my engagement party, I went and did a trial with someone else in Denver and I was like, no one compares to Emma, so's weird.
Speaker 1: She's the best, and just like awesome having her. You want to be surrounded by the people you love on your wedding day, Like I look back and having Emma there was so awesome. Troy, our wedding planner, there was amazing. I'm trying to think of just other people that flew in for work, work purposes, but we were so happy to have them there. There was a bunch of people, so yeah, definitely a good choice with Emma.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm excited. I also wanted to fly out the planners for engagement party. Her company is called Runaway Indy, but I get along so well with her. Dean loves her husband.
Speaker 3: Oh love her husband. He's the most handsome man in the world.
Speaker 2: And they're just like I want to be friends with them. There's so much fun. We have so much fun hanging out with them. And after the engagement party, I was like, we're going to fly you out. We want you to stay on the property. And then I realized how expensive it was, and I was like, Okay, never yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I don't know, it might be worth it. Like I remember even like the videographers lorev where they're just like, you become so close with these people and then because you're going through all of this process and you're planning such an important day and then they're there, it is you kind of it's your family there for like seventy two hours, and it's really nice.
Speaker 2: We are shooting with our wedding photographer during our food tasting for the first time, and he seems incredible. We've never met him. I've just talked him on the phone and he was like, I want to. I like to shoot with my couples beforehand, just so I get a feel for them. And yeah, it'll be it'll be fun to like shoot with him, get to know him better a dean. When I talk to him on the phone, he rends me a lot of Ben Higgins, like the way he speaks and is I don't know. Over the phone. I was like, you sound exactly like Ben.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that'll be fun. So yeah, so we're doing that. We're spending one night on the property and then the next day I drive seven hours to climb a mountain. So it'll be good. And then what are you doing killing your Are you find out to Aspen?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, have you booked that yet? Text you about that? No, I haven't, but I'm going to fly out the next morning.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna lie for a second there. When you said the next day, I was like, are you kidding me? The day after your wedding, you're climbing on Are we getting married on a Saturday?
Speaker 2: We are?
Speaker 1: This guy doesn't know anything.
Speaker 3: No, that's good. I've known these things. I just want to reconfirm. The more I hear it, the more it sticks in my head for a longer repetition.
Speaker 1: We do the same thing with Dawson.
Speaker 2: You know how you want to get married on a Tuesday. Yeah, I'm here in France and I showed up and someone was getting married on a Wednesday. So it happens.
Speaker 3: Dreams do come true. I guess for those people at least. Yeah, But Jared fill listen on what's going on in your life?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 3: How was Mother's Day? This was your second Mother's Day with Dawson. Obviously you are the father, but you know how is Ashley's Day?
Speaker 1: I am the father. I think a Mother's Day went well. We got dinner with my family. So I worked until about four thirty because Audrey's was just really busy. Obviously Mother's Day a lot of people go out, so it was pretty low key. I worked the night before there was so we do these after wedding parties sometimes and they go to about two in the morning. We close it one, but we're there till too. So I got out to work at Saturday around two in the morning, and then I had to be back there for a little bit before eight. And but there's a CVS at twenty four hour CVS, and I knew I wasn't gonna be home till about five on Sunday for Mother's Day. So I walked into the CVS at like two fifteen in the morning and got Ashley a card and flower and candy and wrote her a little note in the card and had it waiting for her when she woke up, which I hope sufficed because you know, it's just crazy town over here in the Have and Nike and Eddie household. But Mother's Day was good. Man, Like I you know, I don't know. I just as I get older and listen, I think women are incredible creatures and mothers deserve so much praise and love because I've seen firsthand what Ashley has gone through with pregnancy and helping, you know, raising our child, and of course I raise our child as well, but Ashley's so good at being a mother. So I don't mean any disrespect. But like, I don't know, I'm kind of just getting over holidays, cause it's like, dude, like it's just like that Saturday. Our lives are chaotic, We're all over the place, and I'm like, ah shit, Like I have to get Ashley something I don't know what together her like. I was like, maybe I'll get her massage or something, so like, because I try to like show my appreciation every day to Ashley, but it's like one of those things where I'm like, oh, my god, Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Birthdays. I'm like, my god, am I just becoming an old grump? Is that what's happening?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you've been an old grump for a while.
Speaker 2: Though. I feel like we talked about this on the podcast, just being over holidays recently. I agree with you it's too much.
Speaker 1: I mean, I still love Christmas and Halloween, but that doesn't feel like it's more of like a celebratory season, yeah, rather than like this one day you have. I mean, I guess Christmas kind of, but well, Christmas.
Speaker 3: You at least like decorate four you get excited for. It's like more of a build up and a bigger thing. So I don't think Christmas really falls into the category of things like Valentine's Day. But I do agree with you Mother's Day. It's great obviously to celebrate and appreciate mothers, but it just seems like sometimes it seems a little forced, like you should be celebrating these people every day. So I'm with you on that one. Birthdays and Christmas, even Christmas, I don't love Christmas. Birthdays I think are important, right Kaylen.
Speaker 2: Second time I've ever heard you say that.
Speaker 3: But yeah, right, Kayla.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you think are or are not important?
Speaker 3: There are the only important ones in my opinion, Like birthdays. Everyone's got a different birthday. You're celebrating something actually that happened, not like some random, made up thing. Birthdays I think make the most sense to celebrate in my mind.
Speaker 1: See birthdays, however, should be celebrated for the mother because Mother's Day. So I think Mother's Day should just be canceled. And then the day of your birth you should celebrate your mother because she's the one who pushed you out. Yeah, and I've seen it firsthand and I would die if I went through that. So I celebrate Ashley for that, I say, Dawson.
Speaker 2: And then like the build up for Mother's Day, I feel like a lot of moms are let down. Like I called my mom for Mother's Day and I was like, what are you doing? She said, Yeah, no one really did anything for me. I'll just like go pick up dinner to go on the way home. So I feel like there's a lot of opportunity for let down with Mother's Day because typically then this is just the household I grew up, and moms do a lot of the work, and like, you know, my mom is the one to get all the Christmas presents, all of the birthday presents, and so I feel like she's typically pretty let down on Mother's Day. You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's sad. See, that's I know. Yeah, mothers should be just celebrated every day, be like hey, thanks for being you, you know, because Mother's Day, it's just I don't know, but.
Speaker 3: I'm sure most moms would say like, oh, I don't need I don't need it. You know, you're my biggest gift, et cetera, et cetera. As I mean, I'm not a mom, nor will I ever be. But I guess I'm just saying like I don't really, I don't know, it's just I don't know, maybe.
Speaker 2: Typically pretty selfless.
Speaker 3: I agree, Yeah, yeah, right, selfless. That's kind of what I was trying to get too. Thanks for helping me there. But I agree with you, Jered, Like, you know, when February comes around, you guys are celebrating Dawson's birthday, make sure that you let Ashley know how special the day should be for here as well.
Speaker 1: Oh I tell her that all the time anytime I see a baby now at Audrey's. For example, there was a one month old little boy at Audrey's today who is so cute, and he was crying, and it brought me back because like, there is a different type of cry that a young baby has, and it's like piercing and I because it just feels like they're in pain, you know, I know they're not. It's just like they're just in the world and they don't know what to do. It's really sad. But anyway, so the baby was crying, and whenever it was like, oh, he's so adorably, so cute, bluda blah blah, which he was. But then I was looked at the mom. I'm like, how are you doing? Like you're the one who's not sleeping, You're the one who just pushed this living thing out of you. You're the one who's dealing with all the consequences of what's happening to your body right now. It's a beautiful thing it's a wonderful thing. I would never Dawson is the best thing that's ever happened to me. I love him so much. I definitely do want another kid, even though like when I think really think about it, it's like, whof, I don't know if we could do it. But I love Dawson so much. I would never trade anything for him, but damn, Like it's a lot on me, let alone Ashley and so like, I always make a point to be like, how are you doing? Like you are you okay because it's okay? You know, are you getting any sleep?
Speaker 3: Are you?
Speaker 1: Are you just sad all the time? What's going on with you?
Speaker 3: If you had to make a decision between Dawson and Ashley, Jared, who would you pick?
Speaker 1: I love my wife. I love my wife so much. She's one of the best things that's ever happened to me in my life. You know, maybe tied with Dawson, maybe tied with Dawson, but I got and I would hope Ashley would make the same exact decision if, like we were in a Sophie's choice and it was Dawson or Ashley. I love you so much, Ashley, but I'm I'm going to try to save you both. That's my first option. But option number two is Dawson.
Speaker 3: Well that that kind of brings me to my question that I was that I was kind of wanting to ask, is as a as a parent, obviously you can speak to this. I can't speak to it. I've read or heard or whatever. I don't know, consume this information somehow that parents should and often parents often put their children before their relationship with their partner. But they always talk about how important it is to put your partner first always. But so you think you think it goes kid partner.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think whoever said you need to put your partner first before your kid never had kids.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's probably not too far from the truth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I I would tell Ashley, and I think actually would make the exact same decision. I know she loves me. I know she cares about me more than anything besides Dawson. Uh maybe tied. I have of like all tied together. You know, it's hard to separate the three of us. You're like, just take them both. I would, Yeah, I would pull a Tom cruise and I would make sure that I rescue both of them. But if if the decision was ever left in Ashley's hands, Like if she had to, you know, she had to shoot one of us, shoot me, Ashley, Like, you're saving his life.
Speaker 3: He needs to live on Calen. How do you foresee that going for you? If that were ever a choice that you had to make, you are Alistair, I.
Speaker 1: Think, or.
Speaker 2: You over alis Ir. Elistair's a jerk sometimes, Oh we love him. He's just so mean.
Speaker 1: It's mean. What does he do? He bites people, loves bites people too. She's a little meani herself.
Speaker 2: It gives me so much anxiety. But I've heard like, once you have a kid, everything changes, you know, so you put your kid above everything else, and then it's your partner.
Speaker 3: I would put you before the kid, no matter what.
Speaker 2: Really, I don't think that's true, but that's sweet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course, I think.
Speaker 2: I think when we bring a child into this world, you're going to experience a lot that you've never experienced ever before.
Speaker 1: It's also just the pure innocence of your kid. Like it's just he's so helpless and he's so happy about the smallest things. You know. I literally just go like I move my sunglasses up and down and then he smiles.
Speaker 3: And you're like, yeah, he also shuts his pants and doesn't contribute and isn't like, you know, he's not your You're that human entity that exists around you. I would pick Kylen every time, no matter what, and that's what I'm sticking with. But we do have to wrap this forget though.
Speaker 1: One day, when Caylen's older, she's gonna start pooping her pants too, So it's like full circle, you know what I mean. Do you want to deal with the poop now or are you a makeup brush by the time playing.
Speaker 3: With it by the time Caylen is pooping her pants, all of them pooping my pants for ten years at that point, So it's really it's kind of you know, not really with that list of worries. But that's gonna end it for this week's up, but not this week's but today's episode because we do have another episode coming up. We're cutting this one short because we have some great guests joining us in a couple of days on that podcast for innera from Chicks in the Office. Be sure to stick around for that in a couple of days. But Jared, thank you for being open about your favorite sexual positions. That was really enlightening.
Speaker 1: I didn't answer it, but sure Ashley was in the corner like, yeah, no, I can.
Speaker 3: It's really glare through the zoom even though she was out of frame.
Speaker 1: She was happy.
Speaker 3: But that's gonna do it. For this episode of Help We Suck At Being Newlyweds, be sure to tune in a couple of days where maybe we suck just a little bit less. Thanks for listening. Follow us on Instagram at help We Suck at Being.
Speaker 2: Newlyweds and email us at Newlyweds at iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 1: Make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. We'll see you next time.