Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Boys.
Speaker 3: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Danny McCrae, Heckma Harrison and New.
Speaker 4: He scrugs, all right, everybody here, we are back one more time for you.
Speaker 5: We're here the Star if Frisco. It is the Players.
Speaker 4: Lads the podcast studio.
Speaker 5: Barry Church for Cowboys safety, heck Ma Harrison is new. He scrugs. Okay, Cowboys with.
Speaker 4: Real football practice today, sir, practice, no more underwear Olympics, no more just helmets or just helmets and short of pans. We're gonna put on paths. We're gonna pop, We're gonna hit. And this to me is where we start to find out the most important questions, at least for me. How are they going to look on the offensive and defensive minds? This is where the game is. One gentleman, you've got to be good there. So Church, you take us through what is a first padded practice, Like after you've done all the oldtas and the mini can't to play play and even the first play play Now we got the real deal.
Speaker 6: Now, the first pad of practice, it's always super hype, always super hype. Everybody's you know, been itching to get the pads on. You see guys that as can't progresses. You know, people get into that locker room later and later before practice starts. But for that first pad of practice, people are there thirty minutes earlier. Man, go make sure my straps are good. They going to Big Mike's equipment room over there, making sure their gloves fit, shoes are fitting right.
Speaker 5: Everything.
Speaker 6: Everybody got their swag together, and everybody's hyped up to go out there and play. And then when you get out there, you know, of course you got your individual you got all your walkthroughs and stuff. But when the real paths start to get popping them and you can hear it, especially from that offensive line, deepensive line, when they're over there doring, you know, their trench work all years, pop pop, and then usually what happens. I mean this has been I've been on two teams in my you know, my nine years in the NFL, and usually that first day of practice there's always gonna be some type of scrap because somebody went too hard on somebody.
Speaker 5: Else and they're like, no, we can't do that.
Speaker 6: And it's usually the offensive deeps of the lineman because they're hit twenty four seven, they're going out in twenty four seven.
Speaker 5: Somebody's hand with in the face mask or something like that happens.
Speaker 6: But the first day of padded practice it's always one of the funnest because you got the most energy. So every play just like, yeah, let's get it, let's get it now. As camp goes on, people are like, man, I'm tired of hitting these people. I'm tired of let's get some exactly. Let's get to the regular season. But that first padded practice, man, it's it's always legit. And I always remember my was it when I first really met for Lando mcclan I think it was twenty fourteen.
Speaker 5: He when he came over, Sean.
Speaker 6: Lee had went down, and you know, everybody's like, oh, man, we're gonna get the linebacker position. And then that first padded practice, you know, everybody's kind of thudding up a little bit, and I don't know what got into my man, but young undrafted wide receiver by the name of Tim I forget his last name. He was number sixteen for the Cowboys what across the middle and Rolando it might have been the hardest hit I've ever seen in my life. Took the man's helmet off. He had his little jersey up, so the straps on the shoulder pads was going this way and that way, and I'm like, oh, we got a thumper in the middle. Right.
Speaker 5: It turned out that he was a pretty good player out there.
Speaker 6: But I'm telling you, man, that first padded practice, I mean, it's the most energy.
Speaker 5: You'll see all the cap I love to hear that, man.
Speaker 6: I mean those stories about those first padded practices, you know that these guys are waiting to get into it all OTAs, especially for the offensive lineman defensive linemen. They're the ones that really can't get any work at all because everything is simulated. And look, how can you it's not simulated where you're hitting, So how do you get that with real work?
Speaker 7: And yeah, we can run seven on seven off you want to. You can bump all that if you get all the yak you want to, But it really comes down to really those iceol plays, and that's like the linebackers, the defensive lineman, all those people, they are ready to really I mean, you can't even get ready for the season until you get that first little, you know, touch of contact, you know, And it's just so many guys on this team right now knew it that you know. Man, it's gonna come down to how rough and rugged they can be, because after all these last couple of seasons, that's been the biggest thing about the Cowboys that people been the biggest question mark toughness. Where's the toughness of this team? And I think the NFL is basically legislated a lot of it out. I think it's something like sixteen padded practices or.
Speaker 5: Something like that. Where it used to be back for it was gladiated school, and you don't have that anymore.
Speaker 7: So now these padded practices, the importance of them has like doubled with how important it is to put those pads on to really see the identity of a lot of these guys.
Speaker 4: Maximizing and look, let's just be honest, Okay, the Cowboys have done a fantastic job of winning a lot of regular seats of games. When we go back and we start to look at the losses that they've had, it's been against good teams, and it's been against teams where we talk about popping pads in the middle of You look at the Buffalo game last year, Francisco game, you look at the Green Bay game, and you say, okay, when you talk about the toughness, this is where you get tough.
Speaker 5: This is where you must be tough. One player.
Speaker 4: And by the way, they're going to have their first practice here in about fifteen minutes out knocks on California. I want to see what center brock Hoffman has. Okay, Okay, brock Hoffman is a guy who played so last year. Yes, they drafted Cooper b b out of Kansas State. But if I'm brock Hoffman, I'm up in here. You got to take this from me. That's how I would look at He's running with the first team right now, so as Pats pop, let's see what he can do. We all need to see exactly what Tyler Guidon the left haack of what can he do? We all all waiting on and see what they're gonna get out of Mozzie Smith, last year's first.
Speaker 5: Say he's ready. Look this is okay, all.
Speaker 4: Of this has been play play Okay, I'll do just rubbing up on each other, you know, right right, you know, swim past the guy. You know now he's hitting, okay, And for me, that's what I want to see. I want to see what these guys are going to do, because if this team is going to do anything, they must be good in the trenches on both sides of the well.
Speaker 7: You bring up a great point on brock Hoffman, and there have to be some confidence in him to be able to let Tyler be Idish walk. Let's just be honest, there I mean, and there always has been nothing you don't think so I think it was ten million dollars. A lot of those decisions make themselves right.
Speaker 4: It is nothing against Tyler be Okay, good football player, ten million dollars football player?
Speaker 5: Hey man, good luck you dq you know, flights a year?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 5: But he did you think?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 7: I really look, here's the thing I think, for for a very long time here in Dallas, they've done everything to keep the nucleus of a good offensive line and they and they paid guys that have been players. Again, can you point to Tyler biadis ten million dollars worth not so much? And so brock Kaufman is really pushed in this position where like you said, man, it's his to lose. But in as you know, as the peking ught goes and how your draft arter goes, and how you're being paid and how they're forecasting you into the future, BB is someone that they are saying, look, you could be the future here at this position. Second season here for brock Kaufman, and he has come in and spelled and with injuries and all of that, and.
Speaker 5: It's played really well, played really well.
Speaker 7: But I think it's going to come down to who is the guy in the middle, because you have to be the brain trust of that offensive line. You have to call protections. We know it's not just hiking the ball, so so much of that is going to be brock Kaufman has a leg up on the other side of BB because he's been in the system already for a year.
Speaker 5: So, like you said, it's his to lose, So go on flip on this one.
Speaker 4: I think about Terren Steele. Here's your starting right tackle. This guy wasn't drafted. So this team is showing you they're not afraid to give a guy an opportunity, especially on the offensive line that's undrafted. So it's not a stretch to say maybe he could pull this thing off, especially knowing Bebe's.
Speaker 5: Got to learn.
Speaker 4: I mean, you were undrafted right here, and so this is an organization that has no problem saying, if you can get it.
Speaker 6: Done, we'll play. Oh yeah, without a doubt. I mean the Cowboys they do great when it comes to undrafted guys. You're talking about the Miles Austin's of the world, to Tony Romols myself. I mean, there's Beasley, all those type of guys. They give opportunities to the Only thing what Hoffman is he's gonna have to go out there each and every practice and prove that he belongs with that first team.
Speaker 5: He's gonna have to show these coaches each and every day.
Speaker 6: Man, you know what that Hoffman he can pick up the blizz man, he can understand what protections are, he can help the quarterback.
Speaker 5: He's gonna have to do that each and every practice. When it comes to BB, they're gonna bring him along slow.
Speaker 6: He was a second round draft pick, so he's gonna have to have every opportunity to prove that he can't play. Because the scot team they don't want to feel like they're wrong, you know, so they're going to give him every opportunity out there to get that starting position.
Speaker 5: But Hoffman, he's going to have to make sure he plays his.
Speaker 6: Cards right and makes the right decisions almost each and every practice. Not saying he has to be perfect, but he's gonna have a lot less opportunities to mess up than a Zach Bibie with just because of the draft status and being undrafted versus the second rounder.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Well, and then on the other side, for Hoffman, he has he has two really good players next to him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, Smith and Martin. It really kind of makes the job a little bit easier.
Speaker 7: But I think for these coaches and his coaching staff, they're looking for who is more physical in the middle, who is going to be the guy because the running game is really what has been punished because you've been so weak in the middle of not having that guy that is that role breaker of offensive lineman, and so Cooper BB has a lot to make up to that regard. I mean, I think when they came out and they evaluated that guy, they evaluated him based off of his run, his ability to run block, his ability to get up to the second level for the center, that's the biggest thing. Can you get to the second level and it is tough. It is tough, but also helping on double teams and things like that. So I think I got my eyes on Cooper BB because I want to see how physical and can he translate what he did in college to the pros and been as physical as he was.
Speaker 4: I was at Kansas State a couple of times this year and and talk to some of the coaches. They had nothing but good things to say about the young man. So I think if you're a Cowboy fan, you should feel good about Cooper BB. But I come back into this, heck man, We've seen this so many times. Seventeen game season, man, guys are dropping. I mean, Zach Martin is time last year. We've seen several players. So whether Cooper BB's your starting center or Brock Coffin, the way the NFL is played today, you're going to need some people and you're going to you just can't have five. You need about eight to nine of these guys because you're gonna groll through them. So that's that's my other portion of you know, can Iron shopper and Iron? Can it get better? If it's Hoffin's first, maybe B becomes a little bit later that's okay too, but they are going to have to develop some depth here. And let me throw this out here, and we're going way way way. I haven't seen it, but just the contingencies we're talking about Tyler guiding at left hackle, let's just say it doesn't go the way they want to. He may need a little bit more time. If they had to put Tyler Smith out there at left tackle, BB's play guard. You could potentially put BB at left guard and put Hoffman at center. I mean, they're going to have to experience. That's what they're gonna do anyway. So every team you're going to have to throw out some experience about who's where or maybe instead of putting Coop BB left tick, maybe it's a boy tuma yoga right there.
Speaker 5: I mean, who's a better interior guy next?
Speaker 4: So there's there's combinations, and that's that's one thing I do miss about not being a camper, and as it's kind of what.
Speaker 5: Are they doing?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 4: And I remember when just in like I'm nowhere near and comparing myself to these offensive linemen at the pro level, But I just remember the high school level when you just would mixing guys and just the communication and understanding how who's going to do what and where you go. It's a challenge and that's where I think the offensive line play because we always like to look at.
Speaker 5: The receivers and the running back but skill.
Speaker 4: Right, But that that challenge of having the mixing different guys and how you go about the learning aspect and working. You know, hey, if you you know, if you got Aaron Donald here, it's a whole little a whole little different about how we go run a play. So it's more said, a whole little different, you know. So as you're mixing guys in figured out who can handle who, that is a challenge, man.
Speaker 5: So I'm looking forward to that.
Speaker 7: Let me just let me just say this. I think that Tyler Geydon right now has a lot of pressure on it, all right, because of his drafts where he was drafted, but also each and every day he's going up against Michael Parsons and when you say iron shoppings, iron, there you have it. And if he can handle this matchup on an everyday basis, I think what I'm looking at is the first four games of the seasons, the past rushers that he has to face.
Speaker 5: I mean, he comes right out to shoot with Miles Garrett five. The last thing you.
Speaker 7: Wanted a rookie that be having seen guys fight over me, you know, waving other guys off to get on that side.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 7: I just feel as though, as a contingency, it's good to have a guy like Tyler Smith that you know, has the experience, has the footwork, and has the toughness. But I think what he's shown you is that man, he's a guard. He's a left guard. I've been fighting for him to go play left tackle. But I think that the front office and everybody else has seen like this guy has really hell to deal with in the middle of this offensive line. And if we can bring in a guy like Chuman Doga or bring a tight end and set him out there on that side, we will be better served than to move Tyler Smith out.
Speaker 4: There's first five games in year at Cleveland, home against New Orleans, home against Baltimore, a Thursday night game at the Giants, and then game number five at Pittsburgh.
Speaker 5: You talked about past rushers nothing. What I said, Oh my goodness, he's padded.
Speaker 4: Practices matter because you've got to start to figure out what you've got and you talk about being tough, you better be tough here.
Speaker 7: I heard an interview with Tyler Whiscus with Guyton, and he said, I didn't take a vacation this summer.
Speaker 5: I didn't go.
Speaker 7: I'm like, that's a smart man. He know what he has on his plate, sense of going to cans in France and all of that. You better be right here, buddy, lock in and.
Speaker 4: Back on what you said about Guy One of the one of the smartest things he could do is really just go Tyler asking Tyler Smith, because remember when he was drafted, a lot of people are like, wait a minute, it's guy. Nobody held more than in college football than him from Tulsa. I mean, there were so many people were just down and that young man, and he's been nothing but fantastic.
Speaker 5: That's true.
Speaker 4: So I would attach myself to him in terms of, Okay, we're playing next to each other.
Speaker 6: What do we do?
Speaker 5: How do I get better?
Speaker 4: You guys played college football, Heck, you played k State, North Texas, Barry you played Toledo, played in the NFL. But I just think along the way in any profession, find out who's good.
Speaker 5: You got what you do? How do I do what you're able to last this long.
Speaker 6: I mean, you gotta make sure you get to a veteran and make sure that pick his brain a little bit. I mean that's what I always did when I first got here with Gerald Sensibl was my you know, veteran, the guy that kind of taught me how to do this and that and recoverage all that good stuff. So you gotta make sure you hit to get a veteran in there. But I mean, what helped Tyler Smith so much was he had, you know, a Hall of Famer next to him. You know, hopefully that rubbed the lot off on him and so now he can help the next generation.
Speaker 5: But we shall see. That's a that's a big shooter, feel no, it is.
Speaker 7: And Tyler Smith is definitely the guy. He's man, and I'm so impressed by him every time I see him in an interview, just to wa how articulate he is as a young man. But also that's smartness and just kind of taking that guy under his wing and saying, look, man, this is this is how the NFL works, this is how play works, this is how you break down film with guys. Because he's gonna have to become a student of the game. When you're six seven, six eight and you're just used to being able to stick your arm out there and keep a guy distance, then okay, that works all right. That works against an Iowa State. That's not gonna work against Miles Garrett. That's not gonna work against t. J.
Speaker 2: Watt.
Speaker 7: It's a whole nother ball game when you have that kind of athleticism across from you.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, it's tough, which.
Speaker 4: Mean you don't need to run the ball. Let's let's let's take a break. Let's take our first break, because as we're talking about the past rushers and the offensive line, the result needs to be a running game. How do we feel about who's running the ball in that whole running back room.
Speaker 5: We'll do that.
Speaker 4: Next to Barry Churchich Maharrison new Scuts plays Lounge brought to you by Aristocrat.
Speaker 1: Are you the twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. The Dallas Cowboys and Captain Morgan are celebrating extraordinary, inspiring and original fans. Nominate yourself or the biggest Cowboys fan you know for a chance to be named.
Speaker 5: The twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Four Fan of the Year and win prizes. Including a trip to Super Bowl fifty nine. Visit Dallascowboys dot com slash fan of the Year, Go Cowboys.
Speaker 10: Hey there, Cowboys Nation. Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo. Bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys theme casino games developed by Aristocrat, a proud sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred Gambler that twenty eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 8: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapper the.
Speaker 5: Press guy who looks right, it's not there. He escaped slaft. He'll run for a first down.
Speaker 8: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 11: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 8: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 5: What are you waiting for? Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 10: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order, plus Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy whipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com. Slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 2: Right to the.
Speaker 5: Players Lounge.
Speaker 7: Games brings you Cowboys Steam casino games developed by Aristocrat Find America's team on and Off the Reels now at a casino near you. Do you have a gambling problem, please contact one eight hundred Gamblers Ford twenty one.
Speaker 5: And Oh don't do that. I didn't get through.
Speaker 7: Yes, I heard the damn hard. I worked on that do y'all know how You don't know how hard I worked on that. You don't know he's coachable. I was at the I was like, okay, take a pause, right, you have.
Speaker 5: With friends like these? Who needs enemies? Man? I forget.
Speaker 12: You know what, Just keep seeing to see if New Jack City Chris Right plays. Gotta be calling me calling serious man, do you have a gambling problem? I'm telling you how I worked on that.
Speaker 2: Y'all.
Speaker 5: The transition was nice. I was like, I transitioned nice. Right there. You're too young.
Speaker 4: Remember this, Remember the old Michael Jordan Come flyp Me video and they're just going through all this stuff about Michael beanis rising.
Speaker 5: Start he's doing this. P s a stop it, get some help, get some help. And he was serious.
Speaker 7: It's a popular gym, the popular gym, stopped me. Hell come on now, Aristocrat, Yeah, Gaby, he's Bury Church.
Speaker 4: Marrison over here. All right, paddick practice about to start. Well, it's already started five minutes ago. Okay, started five minutes ago. At ox Star, California. We're talking in the first segment about the past being on popping. Let's see what the offensive defensive lines can do. Yes, we know the Cowboys in the playoffs have been put out the last two years by teams who could run the football Green Bay, San Francisco. What about the Cowboys ability to run the football. That's the importance of the offensive line. And now the running back room kind of goes back to the future where here's Ezekiel Elliet. Yeah, not Zeke, fresh from Ohio State and Zeke but you know, little tread on a tire, fresh from playing for Bill Belichick in New England.
Speaker 5: And so now he's back. Yeah, we should not. It's like Klay.
Speaker 4: Thompson coming to the Mavericks. Don't expect to see splash brother Clay.
Speaker 5: No, that's not who you get.
Speaker 4: This is not Zeke. You know, feeds it. This is you know we you know, Zeke's like that older dog you have. Now we're give him the weight management food.
Speaker 5: You just go we've held. No, we feed a little differently. We watch it. This weight, we take it care of it. We can't get anybody dog a little bit, you know.
Speaker 4: So that look, if he's not gonna kill tote the ball twenty times game, he's not gonna run for fifteen hundred yard. We're not looking for that from Ezekiel, I think that would be unfair. Can he give you fifteen fifteen touches a game and pick up the blitz and third and one, third and two converted?
Speaker 5: That's what you need.
Speaker 4: It's like now when I look at Klay Thompson for the Mavericks. Hey man, can this guy go give you fourteen to eighteen points a game?
Speaker 5: That can help you here? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, because you'll you got Luca and Kyrie to do that. You got Dak, you got seen, you got people over here. Hey man, I just need to get your fifteen toes. Pick me up a third and two goal line score because goal line was brown last year. If he can do that, in my opinion, that's what I'm looking for from Zeke. What you're looking for?
Speaker 5: He well, Clay also plays defense, so I don't want to throw that in there as well. Not as good as you used to, but he still does way aitherway you need it. You need it on that team.
Speaker 7: Look warms my heart to see Ezekiel Elliott back in the Cowboys uniform. Now, we already had this discussion, Danny McCrae. We already have dinner on it, so there's no need to revisit this because the expectation of what he can do in his running back room, I think is going to be a lot better than what you saw last year with Tony Polller. I think Tony Poler he struggled throughout the season and that was the one deficiency in the offensive just synergy was his ability just to carry the running game. And it didn't matter if it was a running back by committee, ric O'Dowd or whoever it was, you just didn't have that tough inside runner. And you just alluded to the fact that there was in that short yardage game when we had those thirds and ones and we had those goal line experiences in Miami where we could not get into the goal. We just couldn't get across the goal line. We have that now, Now, how does that mix currently. I'm not looking for Zeke to be twenty sixteen Cie, but I am looking for Zeke to be that guy that can pick up quality yards and can also batter a defense. Ric o'dadell is gonna have to pick up the slack. You're gonna have to have a third guy in here as well. Yes, you're gonna have to add a third guy in here. Is what, Yes, you're gonna have to have a third guy in here as well, and it's gonna have to be one of those guys that can up the tempo. We asked last year it was all about, well man, Dak, you know, the running game ain't going took it and run with it, Dak?
Speaker 5: And what what did that show?
Speaker 7: Dak was like, Nope, nope, I'm an audible right out of that, and I'm gonna turn around and I'm gonna handleball to Tony Pollard.
Speaker 5: The running game wasn't there for us.
Speaker 7: And I mean, one way or another, we are going to have to brother running back by committee. We need at least fourteen to fifteen hundred yard of that room. And I don't see it.
Speaker 6: I don't see it at all. I don't see fifteen hundred yards out of that group. We're talking about a Royce Freeman, We're talking about Zeke my boy, Yeah, Rico Daddle, then forty Due. We were talking about that group of people right there, gonna give you fifteen hundred yards out that This to me reminds me a lot. And we talked about this, I think last week of the week before when we came in with that wide receiver corps with herds and the crew.
Speaker 5: Now we're doing with the wide receivers. Were doing it in the running back room. That's exactly what's going on right now.
Speaker 6: You telling me that group of people, that group of running backs, and looks he was a phenomenal running back when he first came. And like you said that, the tread is getting a little thin on that side. You think he's gonna he's gonna be able to carry the load. We've yet to see what Rico can do carrying the load. He was spelling Tony Poler last year.
Speaker 5: We don't know what Deuce is. Royce Freeman to me, this is I don't know, man, I don't, I don't, I don't. I don't see teen.
Speaker 7: Hundred yards in production yards. That's receiving as well. No, no, no, no, I'm Russian saying. I'm saying just I said Russian. So I'm gonna stay on that. All right. We got Ony eleven from Tony Pollard last season. I'm saying you needed more than that even from him. All right, you have to have more contributions, I think, and this is just right off the top. I think Rico Dada was something like two hundred and some yards and that's not that's that's not that's not gonna cut it. It's not gonna get it done. You have to be better to that regard this.
Speaker 6: This smells a lot like Dak passing it thirty five or forty five times, and.
Speaker 5: That's not gonna work. That's not gonna work. That's not what you need. So say this, man, say this number one. People will get cut. We do know this absolutely.
Speaker 4: So that's where Will McLay and company can go do their jobs.
Speaker 5: And they're very well. They do it very well.
Speaker 4: There's there's some teams out there who are going to have a surplus running back, so there will be a good player that you can go get.
Speaker 5: Number two.
Speaker 4: I said this before in the spring, and you two just gonna sit here act like I didn't say.
Speaker 5: So I say it again and I'm hearing it already. People that can't link man, that's right. Look, no, no, non, Mike McCarthy likes Hound of Linky. Somebody get this man off the.
Speaker 4: Airn liftkey just telling you man, okay, okay, honey, link youre too el boogie man, Okay, sleep on him if you want us, sleep on.
Speaker 5: Bookie. It won't be no fumble. There won't be no fumbling the one this time.
Speaker 4: Okay, Tucky tucking he got he's gonna You're gonna stop dropping rolling to the end zone.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm just telling you right now. I'm here for it.
Speaker 4: Okay, this is what that's right, the running back group right by l Boogie listen, Hey you you checked better.
Speaker 5: Look out?
Speaker 4: Ah hey, they playing each other to this year San Francisco against the Cowboy lift.
Speaker 7: Okay, he had nineteen yards last year, is nowhere but up for him nineteen yards?
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, so see see now if we can talk about Mazie coming back and doing something, we can see put some hopes and dreams on Mazie.
Speaker 7: Man can't get on. You won't so you won't let me sell my hope. I'm not gonna let you sell your I got premium hind my big MIC's behind this one. Okay, Yeah, trying to tell you, Okay on a lip key, look out, look out.
Speaker 6: If it was like Coon, like when when John come back with I can see put coon on the man you did who and I'm gonna stop. I gotta stop calling this man l but don't do it, Lifty nowhere're the same people.
Speaker 7: And if I'm going to have a player in that spot for Liftkey, I'm gonna and a half. That's that's ezekiel Elliott spot. That's that's where I need Zeke.
Speaker 4: Maybe they could do that together, run DMC together, forever, forever together hunt of Limkey and Zeke.
Speaker 7: That's your answer to that. You shot me down on the fifteenth. I said, fifteen hundred yards between three guys, and I got like I got four eyes over here.
Speaker 5: A link into that too. Okay, my bad, you're gonna get you something to a boogie. I'm just telling you nineteen last year, was that right about tober? What better?
Speaker 8: Was that?
Speaker 5: Right about? Still? Be better than your two? He took a jump? Okay, took a jump, didn't I tell you did?
Speaker 4: Just gonna get that same contract you did say that Limpy's gonna he's going to He's gonna be a factor here, man.
Speaker 5: I just tell you right now, set in the spring.
Speaker 4: I know I'm out there on this island by myself, but that's what you have to do. Sometimes you gotta go ahead and decide I'm gonna be out here like Prince Prince was out here out here by himself, wearing them crazy clothes and g strings and all that.
Speaker 5: Okay, look at him, look at it, the legend legend.
Speaker 4: I'm just telling you right now, I'm gonna put some faith in this man. Put some faith right here, Hunde Limkey, jump on the train if you want to.
Speaker 5: You can sit up here criticizing. That's okay. You got a lot of seats on that train, That's okay.
Speaker 4: I'm all right, man, all right. Jesus was by himself for a minutntil he found twelve. Right now, I'm gonna go get myself twelve. I'm gona get twelve l fuggy disciples. You're recruiting to day outside for the Book of Mike McCarthy.
Speaker 5: We're gonna leave that. Look. Look, I see where you're going with that, all right, I see where he's going with that.
Speaker 7: But I really, I really think that's the reason why you bring back in Ezekiel Elliott, because you understand I have faith in this guy. I've seen him do it before. He did it in New England. Okay, yes, well he did it in New England and I just didn't look for me, Barry that production that he had in New England. Boy, we sure needed that production. Last year.
Speaker 5: We gave that, we gave it away. And if he can mimic, if he could just mimic that. But what did he what did he do in New England? I was this what I'm saying, the real it was? What is what he could have done here? That I look at him the goal line? How many times we talked about that for the five yard line? They couldn't get something done.
Speaker 4: That's where you're looking at him back and show you take that with Zeke his ability and the improvement of Elboogie, I.
Speaker 5: Can't believe you lost by two and you know what this is.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna go back to something that that I know knew is always going to talk about the win percentage in the NFL. It's always, you know, two points or less. All right, that's it, all right. You lose a game by two points to the Dolphins. You have a game against the Bills where they're just running the ball. I mean it down your throat. Playoff game talked about that. You have a team that's just runaway freight train and you can't stop the bleeding because you don't have a running game to speak of. We have got to figure this out. I mean it's gonna that's one of those things. And I knew you guys were already on this train of the running running. Back room don't look too good, and I don't feel as confident in it as always have with having those you know, cornerstones in the running games sitting in that room.
Speaker 4: So that's why you need but I give it.
Speaker 5: I was hoping somebody to say something else.
Speaker 7: Here.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 4: This is just like when you know, like Bobby Brown did mister telephone man, that's him.
Speaker 5: Mister telephan up the middle. Oh, somebody help. We got to take a break. When we come back.
Speaker 4: Some good news, some good, positive news that these brothers will be on board.
Speaker 5: This is a player that.
Speaker 13: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at nflshop dot com, slash Hugo Boss at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 2: I'm Cowboys alumni. Danny mccraig here with Smoothie King, asking what's that sound. That's the sound of me sipping one of their Powerpacksmoothies with over ten grams of pro team with real fruits and organic veggies.
Speaker 5: Because they's Smoothie King, what you see is what you sip.
Speaker 2: So grab a delicious Smoothie King Smoothie, throw a straw in your jaw and gets sipping real Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Hey, their Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 10: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys theme casino games developed by Aristocrat, a brown sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem, please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred gambler that's one eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 11: Raising Caines presents the other rules of football. Rule one, any broadcast without the express edition of cook to order Cane's Chicken fingers is prohibited. Rule twelve, no crinkle cut fries, Texas toast or cravable cane sauce constitutes an illegal formation. And Rule thirty one anybody who loves to feed their game face is an eligible receiver of Caines when it comes to winning game day. Caines rules raising Canes chicken fingers one love Go Cowboys.
Speaker 5: To the Players Loud.
Speaker 7: The official twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboy Star Magazine Training Camp Preview is now available. This year's edition features scouting reports, position the analysis, a pullout schedule, pollster, and articles from your.
Speaker 5: Favorite Cowboy writers.
Speaker 7: Get your Training Camp Preview today at your local pro shop or Dallas Cowboys dot Com slash Star heck.
Speaker 4: Ma Harrison, appreciate you, Jack Harrison. That's very church from the Cowboy Safety on the scrugs. All right, gentlemen, it's not shock you.
Speaker 5: Okay, go ahead, what you got man? You guys got news for us, all right?
Speaker 4: Contract update or or Patrick Walker Dallas Cowboys dot Com see ceedee. Lamb and his representatives have replied with the rebuttal offer to the Cowboys on Sunday, courting Steve Jones.
Speaker 5: So there you go. There it is get the man signed. So they're working.
Speaker 4: They're trying to get the talk to Dak Prescott too, so they're they're exchanging.
Speaker 5: They're talking good.
Speaker 4: And as a former player, we've seen a lot of deals get done in training camp for.
Speaker 5: One hundred percent. You see it all the time.
Speaker 6: The guys that you wouldn't even think we're about to get extensions are talking about getting extensions or deals, whatever the case may be.
Speaker 5: You'll just hear it pop up one day. Oh man, you got paid.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's because when you look at it, you know, in the locker room, guys don't really you know.
Speaker 5: Count each other's pocket They're not really you know what you're getting. Are you talking that?
Speaker 6: You're talking that that's kind of a sacred bond that you don't count anybody else's pockets in there.
Speaker 5: So the players hear about it, you know, just like when the media hears about it.
Speaker 6: So you see it all the time and can't when it comes to getting guys getting paid in extensions. I mean Orlando Scandred, you know when I was here with him. I mean, I feel like he signed a new deal every year. You know, he was getting read up on something. So you know, it happens all the time. And hopefully they can get this thing done with CD, because you know, without him, I mean, you're looking at what you know, Hunter lim Key, you know fergusoning those guys.
Speaker 5: I mean, that's gonna be the offense. That's gonna be the offense. So we'll see. I can't believe it's gonna be a good year. Non believers out here, Yes, a lot of non believers out here. You don't want to book. You don't want to read the book of Lympy. That's okay, love for the water.
Speaker 7: For CD, he's young and man, he's got a lot more contracts to sign, and so this is this is one of those opportunities, rare opportunities that guys get to go to the bank and actually open the vault and get paid. And he's put the he's put the work in, and it's just it's weird when from the outside looking in, all those people ask like, what are the cowboys doing?
Speaker 5: What are they doing?
Speaker 7: I mean, because this is what you want from your homegrown players. You want to draft the guy, see him develop into to that, and you want to pay him accordingly.
Speaker 5: The pickle that the Cowboys in.
Speaker 7: That they draft a lot of good players that they have to put pay at the top of the market.
Speaker 5: You don't have any B level guys.
Speaker 7: All of these guys we're talking about are a list guys, and Ceedee Lamb is definitely uh. It needs to be mentioned in the same breath as those justin Jefferson's Davante out. He needs to be there because the numbers dictate that he should. The thing is going forward. You look at this offense and its not playing chicken where a mac truck gets from the front office. You got to have him at the beginning of the season. So no matter how you look at it, you can't make this contentious contentious enough that he has a it is. It says I'm gonna stay out and you guys just figured out Emmett Smith. It is a classic example of a guy that just said, look, I ain't coming back until the deal gets done. And what happened to the Cowboys have to lose a few games two for them to say I let's go ahead and get this pushed over to your image. So you could get that sign I just think that, Ceed Lamb, And I'm just going back to the beginning of the season. Those first four games, he really didn't make an impact. And so if he was even able to have ae hundred yard two hundred yard, I mean you're talking about that seventeen hundred yards possibly being a two thousand yard season the way that he came on. And so look, I think whatever number he's mentioning, it starts at thirty five. Gotta be starts at thirty five. And I don't know what the structure of the deal is. If he's looking at the three year, four whatever it is, it's all funny money anyway. He just hey, give me the sign up on this down. Oh god, this is this is crazy. So got to get that deal done.
Speaker 5: Ceedee Lamb.
Speaker 4: And you go back and you think about that draft and the receivers that were taken in the first round. The first receiver off the board, John Gruton and the Raiders took Henry Ruggs out of Alabama.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The second receiver off the board Jerry Judy from Alabama. Ruggs and Judy from Alabama, they both on national championship teams.
Speaker 5: Denver took him.
Speaker 4: He's no longer with the Broncos, and Rugs ended up losing his career through through off the field stuff. So Ruggs gone out of the league, Judy no longer with the Broncos. Then you add Ceedee Lamb Cowboys taking him seventeen. Jalen Rager gets taken. God, he still he's no longer with the Equals, no longer with the he was on somebody's seen last might have been with Minnesota. He might have been with Minnesota last year. And then Jefferson Mm hmm.
Speaker 5: That was a miss. That was a miss.
Speaker 4: So you think about the too. Yeah, these two receivers in the back end. And of course you know the Philly fans are mad as heck about uh Jalen Rager and and uh because I.
Speaker 5: Guess the tape is.
Speaker 4: And it was because interesting because zim zim was there at the time, Mike zimmer cow was out of defensive coordinator. I guess they laughed. There's video like they laughed about Phil.
Speaker 5: And then they're like turn the.
Speaker 4: Guard and we're taking jeff and and and then to think, yes, just think about the you know, two guys to Alabama.
Speaker 5: Alabama guys were good. Now make sure they were good. Ruggs was amazing down to Julie, I thought was better than Druggs.
Speaker 4: But at this level, this pro level, wow, I mean, you know, first of all, I did think that Lamb was miscast, Like, okay, what a guy's looking at me?
Speaker 5: This was he was a great player. You know, he had hurt me. He was a great player, uh at Oklahoma.
Speaker 4: But it was just very surprising and to Church and I at that time we were doing the podcast, we did our mock. We had said the Cowboys need to use that pick on Trayvonn all about yes, we were all because they needed a corner. We're all about digs. But then it's right there. And so the Cowboys did the smart thing, even with a Mario Cooper Roun. They took Ceedee Lamb and then lucky enough dan Quinn took a j I can't remember his name, but they took the corner from Clemson instead of taking digs.
Speaker 5: And then Diggs falls in the second round.
Speaker 4: The Cowboys get Lamb and digs and you talk about just too slam dunk, uh, you know too all pro two all pro picks.
Speaker 7: I don't know if you guys have gotten an opportunity to see that show receiver.
Speaker 5: Yes, check it out.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean it is the way that they follow those guys and just kind of show their game and how they prep justin Jefferson is the real deal as a player, as a person, you know, and it just you couldn't help but fall in love with the kind of person that he is, his charisma as a person, but just the way that he prepared for the game. But you also see just his suddenness as as a player, and it knew you. You know, you've obviously been around the league so long you recognize, man that so many of the pundits and people that talk about the game never had that respect for slot receivers. It's always the guy that's furthest from the ball, that's your dog. Who the guys on the outside receiver one the Jerry Rice is, the Michael irvs. The guys that made their life out on an island. Now the NFL has changed, it's it's spread them out the best way you can. And if I can get my best player in the slot, I'm gonna misuse you on a linebacker or I'm gonna miss I mean, it's gonna be an adjustment problem. And I think that the offense of these offensive coordinators have gotten so smart and it's so layered in the way that they attack these defenses. When you have a Justin Jefferson who can be on a linebacker, who could be on a safety Ceedee lamb is. Look, he can't go anywhere but up because he's a mismatch. He's a matchup Night Mayor on the inside. And these guys are getting these big contracts off of playing in the slot, something that twenty years ago nobody would even you're a slot receiver. That's why you're getting it like that because you got Mike Lervian on the other side.
Speaker 4: What does Jefferson do with the quarterback change? That's going to be very interesting.
Speaker 5: Who got over there? Sam Donald and JJJ McCarthy.
Speaker 7: He showed you last year though he played with some some tomato cans for sure last year and still you know, it was relatively good.
Speaker 5: We saw Davante Adams with the Raiders. Oh, he's being punished with Jimmy Garoppolo. He did something in his past life. I'm not going to ruin the show for you, but you got it. Yeah, but I.
Speaker 4: Go back into just looking at the Cowboys now at a certain point time, if you're Dak Prescott and your CD LAMB and yes you want to get what you feel you deserve, but you've got a good combination, right, yes you do. I would take that into consideration for both parties of Hey man, look, you want your bread.
Speaker 5: I want my bread.
Speaker 4: But let's not try to take so much bread that we break the US up. Shaquillo knew how a great thing I was watching on on one of his podcasts and he spoke about how he wished he'd taken a little less to stay with Kobe Bryant even though he went to Miami with d Wade and win a championships. That I should have taken a little less was again not trying to church.
Speaker 5: You were in that situation. You don't do that, b Cemo.
Speaker 4: But I say, called Davante Adams, Hey, but he has that? How's that has all?
Speaker 5: You got? All that money all going past him?
Speaker 4: Because what you need you need to catch the ball and you need to get your stats to keep on going.
Speaker 5: Because I think all three of us would.
Speaker 4: Say the Davante's career that he's built so far is hall of fame worthy of considering. He's still got more to put, but he's putting together. It's like Zach Martz, like, hey, as you start to look at like, are you putting together something where they need to consider he has, but you don't have Aaron anymore.
Speaker 5: And your boy car is gone. Now what they got out there now O'Connell or something. Yeah, it's pretty bad, right.
Speaker 4: Right, So that's why I go back and just see thee lamb. I get one in the money. But if you took a little less and you dak, you took a little less so you could make sure you're playing with a top flight guy said, go have a conversation with Shaquille O'Neal about putting it.
Speaker 5: Anybody saying that, hey man, it's taking no twenty percent.
Speaker 4: We ain't saying going to become dollar general up here, you know. But I'm just saying be smart and make sure you get something because look at the monte and obviously you're telling us to watch the receiver to go see it. Okay, See it's frustrating, all right, fun stuff Jazz, appreciate you, Chris Bean, Joshi heckman Man, good stuff here, Barry Church.
Speaker 5: I'm players that we're going to talk to you tomorrow. Okay, let's do this again tomorrow. Tomorrow, tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Right here, two PI, right here, Dallas Comrading.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.