Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of North Trendo. Lina, take your pot off plus around your head like a zeitocopter. Heyl Garaventa, Miles, I don't remember why we were talking about that song earlier in the week. One of the akas, I think so I've made a reference to it earlier in the week. I don't remember why one of the akas is about airborne heroin on tomorrow's episode. I couldn't do it because I didn't remember what where that reference was from. My brain is just there's too many episodes of The Daily.
Speaker 2: Today is North Carolina Day.
Speaker 1: That's what it was, Carolina Day, Baby, Yeah, exactly, I'm Jack. That's Miles. These are some of the things that are trending right now.
Speaker 2: Tell them.
Speaker 1: We'll go into more detail on the debate on tomorrow's episode. But that that Chris Christie images is my I think it sums up my feelings on the debate, the entire GOP. Yeah, you know, like the entire primary.
Speaker 3: This picture is really something else. It uh, I don't know, I forget seen it.
Speaker 1: At Dave Anthony from The Dalla wrote on Twitter, this is what a fart would look like if it were a human. And that's exactly right, because.
Speaker 3: You can look at it and you can say you could just look it looks like Chris Christie's party, like you believe that. But then also somehow that also looks like a fart if it were. I don't know, it's I think it does. Yeah, yeah, brilliant like from Dave Anthony, if there.
Speaker 1: Was, Yeah, it's a perfect description if there was a cartoon live action movie where like fart, like in the way that Elemental has. You know, what if fire was person? What if water was person? What if fart? You know? Why why didn't they think of that? Why wasn't that one of the things. But anyways, that image has taken over the image of Kevin James with his hands in his pockets from earlier in the week. It's the one. It's I'm hoping they are. I'm that that's my pitch for them, Kevin James. It's very potent right now. So yeah, yeah there, see if they got what it takes. See if they have what it takes? All right, The Right is pissed off that Paw Patrol has succumbed to the woke mind virus. Miles. There's patrols on on all our minds.
Speaker 3: Jack, they're not woke because the woke mafia canceled Paw Patrol for being copaganda.
Speaker 1: Oh well just you wait now, So first of all, we're all thinking about Paw Patrol this weekend. As Paw Patrol the Mighty movie descends on movie theaters. I was out are officially too old and yours too young. That's good for the dailies. I guess you can show your kids.
Speaker 2: More nine to eleven content now they're old enough.
Speaker 1: Now I'm just going to show them that the movie the World Trade Set. Is that what the movie was called?
Speaker 2: I said, Woa Twade Center, like I was like a preschool.
Speaker 3: Then there's what wasn't a Fight Night, Children's Flight Night?
Speaker 1: Yeah, building the Flight ninety three. Yeah, and they did watch that on a plane.
Speaker 2: Patson on.
Speaker 1: Oh well, Miles, that's the spoiler. But that's remember me.
Speaker 3: Ah yeah yeah, but that that'll be good, just to bookend their nine to eleven move experiences where they go, this one's not all right.
Speaker 1: But this time's not. I'm not eleven nowhere or shoehorning nine to eleven in everything, But anyways, at the time, yeah, as you mentioned people during the first Paw Patrol media blitz. People were like, it's kind of weird. It's twenty twenty, and there's this movie in which a cop is like one of the dogs is just a police dog who is lovable, huggable. Probably one of the more popular of the Paw Patrol's chase you know, and name Chase. Yeah, exactly, police Chase. Uh, but it you know, so people called it out and Eric Trump ted Cruz. Ben Shapiro at the time passionately defended the sanctity of a show in which a child and several talking dogs respond to emergencies. Right, really, we stand with Paw Patrol. But now there's a new Paw Patrol in addition to the big movie hit in theater. Uh, there's a new Paw Patrol spin off that will reportedly feature a non binary character. The spinoff is not about the non binary character. It doesn't even their appear during the episode in which they appear. The non binary character's status as non binary is not directly addressed on the show.
Speaker 2: But they know, the right wingers know, huh.
Speaker 1: The right wingers know that this is all just a trojan horse for your liberal sick values and so they are coming out hard against you know, the Left, for you know, these are the people who were raging that the Left ever dared to criticize Paw Patrol. And now they're complaining that the show's gone will and it's trying to inductionate kids, and the Left is like, guys, we don't give give a shit about this show.
Speaker 3: Worried about actual human beings suffering in physical space, not the fucking cartoon. Oh okay, yeah, well good good luck to them. I'm I'm already like again, I'm I'm tired of their hypocrisy NonStop. But it's not again, it's not hypocrisy because, like you said, their only thing is they have to build a world that is as hostile as possible towards LGBTQ people or whoever they deem on the margins, and anything that softens that perspective that would show that maybe there's it's an inclusive society.
Speaker 2: That is when they say they're getting indoctrinated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, for kids. So yeah, but Paw Patrol movie doing battle with Saw X this weekend, and we're all pulling for Saw X, so.
Speaker 2: That deliberates Saw patrols this weekend.
Speaker 1: Saw Patrol is this weekend fuck as well as the creator I think comes up was that one. It's the Rogue one guy Garth, Garareth Trinidad here Garth, We're not that one. But no, redless Garth Garth something. He's a he's a movie director. He made that Monsters indie movie and he made Rogue One, and now he's got an original sci fi that I'm rooting for.
Speaker 2: Oh this is the John Raven Washington one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, we'll see, We'll see.
Speaker 1: So we will.
Speaker 2: Also don't forget I go Apple etch and sipping cream weekend too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you'll find out all about that on to Mars episode. It's the big weekend folks like Pop Patrol the Mighty movie is. It's projecting big, big things for the Pop Patrol franchise, to the point that they've already greenlit a new movie for twenty twenty six, which is presumably about like some of the dogs having to be put down at this point, because yeah, they've been around for a decade.
Speaker 2: I mean let's remember, Yeah, and because they are seventy years old.
Speaker 1: And doctors, they're elderly dogs at this point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've seen enough elderly animals you know, and elderly powerful people on our screens.
Speaker 1: Let's let's their child leader is should be in his like early twenties at this point, right, right, right, weird, All right, let's take a quick break. We'll be right back, and we're back.
Speaker 2: We are, and.
Speaker 1: Alabama, in some grotesque carcarole McDonald's meal has decided to supersize their prison system by building two just super ginormous prisons, freezing the scientific word, Yeah, super ginormous. Yeah, I'm just reading off of the white paper here from their proposal. Yeah, could each house four thousand inmates. And the cost of so the cost of one of the prisons or the cost of both prisons. Like at the time, people were like, this is absurd that you would be spending this much money, Like this is not a good use of funds. This is just you know, institutionalized racism, like in the most you know, horrifying form. And now the costs of just one of the super prisons has ballooned to more than one billion dollars. That's two hundred and seventy thousand dollars a bed, which is more than the typical Alabama home. Alabama has a poverty rate of over sixteen percent and they aim to keep it that way or yeah.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 3: They're like, yeah, we just we just like building this stuff. Like what's the positive aspect? Yeah, sure, it was just.
Speaker 1: Making money for somebody to make money for companies building it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I like how that was like most of the state's budget for two prisons.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're like, you wink, all right, I got like a little bit left, but we made this one for one billion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they're stealing. They're taking four hundred million dollars of pandemic relief funds to build this prison. And you know, it's.
Speaker 2: Wow, the things you could do you directly.
Speaker 1: There's a massive problem with like violence in the Alabama prison system that you know that these prisons will do absolutely nothing to address. It's just.
Speaker 3: It's just a money machine because then once it's fucking once the prison's built, then you get to make a ton of money off of the upkeep and maintenance and fucking.
Speaker 2: As we found out in the Private Equity episode about.
Speaker 3: Like making people make massive amounts of money on the phone, calls are used to so yeah, so it's a fuckery. Carcerle Casino for all people who get invested in to enjoy. Yeah, wow, great, great, great, great, great great great. Can we talk about something fun.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about the Pokemon van Go Yeah, not just a clever name.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: Apparently, according to one Pokemon executive, there is a strong link between the inspiration behind Pokemon and the inspiration behind some of Vincent Van Gogh's most famous work.
Speaker 3: First, like, what because this is a this is a fucking collaboration between Pokemon and the Vincent van gol Museum in Amsterdam.
Speaker 1: And I like they put him on the same footing, Like they could have said Pokemon, like the visual the artists behind Pokemon were inspired by van Go's work, but instead they said Pokemon in many ways is like van go We're inspired by similar shit. Like we're kind of brothers in art if you will, Right, So why didn't you say so? Yeah? Because yeah, by the same thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a fight with Paul Gogan that made me cut your ear off. That's how Pokey Man was created. It was a fight with Paul Gogan and you know just kind of went into did some weird stuff, got my ear off.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it's like the art from it is doesn't even seem like like, honestly, I hate to say this, I think a AI could have done a better job of giving you Van Go x Pokey Man collab art.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It looked like cool stuff from like Red Bubble or like you know one of those online right art stores.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah for sure, for sure.
Speaker 3: And then I just like now that like more than people enjoying the art, it just became people just slamming the gift shop to take as much of the merch so they could resell it on eBay.
Speaker 2: And that's really what this all has turned into.
Speaker 1: It's like the Rick and Morty fans storming McDonald Yeah, yeah, that's what they've turned the Van Go Museum into.
Speaker 2: Have we not learned anything as a species.
Speaker 1: From the McDonald's giveaway, right, but an exclusive Pikachu card and other items are already being sold on eBay for hundreds of dollars, which seems maybe not worth it, but the fans storm there like fight with people all to sell it online for one hundred dollars. Yeah, let's see. So the GOP's big impeachment witness was revealed and testified, dropped some heat on Capitol Hill basically saying like, yeah, we don't have any evidence yet, sorry, and that whole thing.
Speaker 3: There is some there is some wild stuff going on. Let me just play a clip that was going on from this hearing supposed hearing about Joe Biden, really Hunter Biden, that they've somehow connected to Joe Biden. Here's a taste of the kinds of questions that are being asked. This is Jasmine Crockett from Texas asking a question.
Speaker 2: She's a Democrat.
Speaker 4: President of the United States has to committed. But when we start talking about things that look like evidence, they want to act like they blind, they don't know what this is. These are our national secrets? Looks like in the shit ter to me, what looks like more evidence of our national secrets? Say on the stage at Mari Lago, when we're talking about somebody that's committed high crimes, it's at least indictments. Let's say thirty two counts related to unauthorized retention of national security secrets, seven counts related to obstructing the investigation, three false statements, one count of conspiracy to the fraud of the United States, falsifying business records, conspiracy to the fraud of the United States, two counts related to efforts to obstruct the vote certification proceedings, one count of conspiracy to violate civil rights, twenty three counts related to forgery or false document statements, eight counts related to solictening. And I could go on because he's got ninety one count spending right now. But I will tell you what the president has been guilty of. He has unfortunately been guilty of loving his child unconditionally. And that is the only evidence that they have brought forward. And honestly, I hope and pray that my parents love me half as much as he loves his child. Until they find some evidence, we need to get back to the people's work, which means keeping this government open so that people don't go hungry in the streets of the United States. And I will yield.
Speaker 3: And you can't tell that wow, because they're out here being like, we don't really have evidence. And that's why she came up and was like, what about this actual shit?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And yeah has that ever been said on Capitol Hill?
Speaker 2: I'm sure there has been.
Speaker 3: I mean that Jamie was like behind you getting like he was even catching the vapors.
Speaker 1: After they was like.
Speaker 3: Whoa, okay, okay, okay, yeah, because I mean, again, this is all happening against the backdrop of the Republicans about to shut the government down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that shut the government down pursuing an impeachment without like they don't even really know what they're impeaching him over because they haven't found anything. Just like vibes again.
Speaker 3: The biggest thing again, remember when they started off, They're like, we need to do the impeachment inquiry, so we get subpoena power so that we could find something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're like, you're not leading with evidence first, dude, so you're going on.
Speaker 3: A wild goose chase, but with sapina power anyway, So this is how.
Speaker 1: You find stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you love, you love a bit of uh, you know, changing the focus to what actually matters.
Speaker 2: But hey, this is where we're at. This is what they're using their time with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and finally Costco says, it's one ounce gold bars are selling out fast miles. So I just wanted to do this as a public service to our listeners so that yeah can run you get two g's on you and spend two thousand dollars on a one ounce are of twenty four carrot gold from rand Refinery.
Speaker 2: What what for?
Speaker 1: What gold?
Speaker 2: I mean?
Speaker 1: It works it works on the people. Man, they know, is it just gold?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Costco is just like here, well, I mean I get it, like the US dollars is only based on the threat of dropping like bombs on people. So right, they're like, this might work when things all go to crap and the billionaires retreat to their bunkers.
Speaker 2: Hm hmm.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It feels like we should talk about that at some point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's gonna be it's gonna be interesting, you know, if we we're gonna I want it. This makes me wonder if like we switched to the carbon standard of like carbon renewal, if like Costco will have like, you know, just chunks of carbon imagine. Yeah wow, I mean coal that you can I get, but it's removing carbon, so I'm not sure. Like yeah, carbon pendants like pendants with like little carbon chambers and.
Speaker 2: Right, sure get your gold folks.
Speaker 1: If you want to make your greed more literally evident to everyone around you, go go buy some gold bars. You know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean you are getting I think you're like you're you're saving like fifteen bucks, is that right?
Speaker 2: That's that's why the Costco membership is worth it, folks.
Speaker 3: Thank you, you know, what I mean, because you will now save on your gold ingots and the like.
Speaker 1: But if you just bought three hundred brotisserie chickens like you would be saving even more. That's true because the exchange rate of rotisserie chickens like that is the big loss leader for costco, you know, right, So that's the way to actually make your money back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, huh, all right.
Speaker 1: Hey, I'm just saying I have a brilliant economic mind. So come here for all your finance and yeah.
Speaker 3: And also check out our threads accounts because we will be doing zeit Gang gold gold bars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you should check these out.
Speaker 1: Am I allowed to say that it's a pump and dump scheme? My, we're not. But we said that.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: We're apologizing.
Speaker 3: No, Remember we were saying, how can they how can they accuse us of it being alive?
Speaker 2: We tell them up front it's a pump and.
Speaker 1: Dump, right, Okay, Okay, it's a pumping dump, y'all. It's a pump and dump.
Speaker 2: It's a look at it, look at look into it, because it's coming to you.
Speaker 1: We're tub thumping with the pump and dump. I buy these stocks and they go up again.
Speaker 3: I drink these rubes to buy my nft s, and then I pulled the rug out and I.
Speaker 1: Told my friend I was going to mention tub thumping on today's episode, and I followed through it the last second time. A buzzer for three.
Speaker 3: That was fucking Harris. That was Indiana Jones snatching his hat real quick right at the end, right before the door closed.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, all right, well those are some of the things that are trending on this Thursday afternoon. We are back tomorrow with a whole ass episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves. Get the vaccine. They got a whole got a whole new one. Oh you want to get the new iPhone, how about you get the.
Speaker 2: New vaccine formulation.
Speaker 1: Don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to y'all tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Bye bye,