Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is Mick Shot, streaming live on Dallas Cowboys dot Com and.
Speaker 3: The official Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: App now Here are Bill Jones, Savannah Humohler, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 3: Now Dallas Cowboy stay you're really how about.
Speaker 4: Yeah? I love it, love it, love it?
Speaker 5: And how about that weekend?
Speaker 6: Welcome to January second, two thousand, Everson Walls January first, twenty twenty four, and this is mix shots Y Vicky, have you ever, have you ever since your daddy said, this is what you call a football?
Speaker 5: Had a better weekend than that weekend?
Speaker 1: It was quite a weekend, I must admit.
Speaker 6: Starting on Friday night with the Missouri Tigers at AT and T Stadium.
Speaker 7: Taking down the Buckeyes, continuing on Saturday night with first how about Them Cowboys and then the end of that game.
Speaker 1: Does that mean the jinx is oh, the curses over is over? Well?
Speaker 5: I think so because of what happened on Sunday.
Speaker 4: I still can't sign off for the first time.
Speaker 8: So it's still the same everything, still you your same.
Speaker 1: Ever, just amazing it's the NFL. Keep trying to tell people what you're telling them back week to week. It's the old Brian Downing saying, just when you think you're in, you're out, and just when you think you're out, you're in.
Speaker 4: But I'm going to enjoy today. I'm going to enjoy this week.
Speaker 5: Can you explain Brian Downing to people who don't know.
Speaker 1: Started with the Chicago White Sox way back and I think in the late seventies, ended up playing.
Speaker 4: For your Savannah. From what I hear on Twitter, that's what you're here for, is to keep us together.
Speaker 1: But it doesn't matter who he is, it's what he said, and it prevailed this week. Just when the Cowboys were able to look like they were going to lose the game, they won it. And just like they were got gonna fall, they were going to fall out of a first place, the Eagles get beat by Arizona.
Speaker 6: And last night, just when it looked like Alabama was going to beat Michigan, Michigan back and then when you just when it looked like just look when it looked like Washington had that game one and I was ready to go to bed, and then all of a sudden no, Texas is at the seven.
Speaker 4: Yard to wake up, wake up?
Speaker 5: How was there fifty seconds left?
Speaker 4: What happened? I told I'm texted everyone, wake back, wake up, wake up this.
Speaker 5: They got the ball back and they got fifty seconds left.
Speaker 9: Somehow.
Speaker 1: It's a good thing Washington had a very tall cornerback on that last pass. Yeah, because the normal sized cornerback is not going to go up in the air and swat the ball away, even if he was choking him with an arm around his neck as he was going up.
Speaker 4: Do you think that the rest would have they didn't have the No, No, there was no way.
Speaker 1: But we saw some pretty darn good quarterback play, by the way in that second game, and Pennix will be the number one draft pick.
Speaker 6: Whoa hot sports have Beenion Take that, Caleb Williams.
Speaker 3: Take that.
Speaker 1: Jaden Daniels. This kid should have won the Heisman. No one saw him play because he's on the West Coast and by the time they finished their games it's midnight here at one o'clock in the morning, but time, Wow, he.
Speaker 4: Really should I mean he was.
Speaker 10: I always brag on the Terrence Brooks as Checkbrook's son number eight for U T. I coached him in a lot of these FBU camps that I go to, I've never seen a cornerback as fully prepare and equipped as Terrence Books was as a sophomore in high school.
Speaker 4: This is how good he was.
Speaker 10: So I've been bragging on him for for for the whole year, and he made Terrence Books just look like an average defensive back.
Speaker 4: That's just how he was diming all night long.
Speaker 5: They got some pretty good receivers.
Speaker 4: He got some good receivers, and he knows just how to throw it to him. So he made out that Texas ut secondary just looking funny.
Speaker 6: It's after the Alabama Michigan game. I was like, I thought it was alarming, how the lack of playmakers that were on the field in that game. And then that Texas I know, I'm familiar with the Texas wide receivers. They've got some really good ones, but that the Washington wide receivers. Isaiah standbacks then telling me about them all all year.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, is he I'm sure? Yeah, he was the show today.
Speaker 5: He's in the New Orleans Airport right now and he's booked.
Speaker 4: He's already used.
Speaker 6: That's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's just gonna drive over stay there for that next week quite some games, but were blessed this week.
Speaker 8: Great weekend of football, great weekend of sports.
Speaker 1: So I don't know where you want to start summarize?
Speaker 11: Can we start?
Speaker 8: Actually?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 5: Please?
Speaker 8: Free game Cowboys Lions. On Saturday. I ran into Mickey in one of the end zones during warm ups and here walks Michael Irvin and I don't know what you guys talked about, but he stopped Mickey and they had.
Speaker 1: A full on t I'll tell you what we talked about. Some guy named ce D Lamb there you go. Who I think one or two of us might have picked him to be the pod pick and the pic to click, by the way, and Michael went on and on and on about him. I it was funny. I said, well, uh, he's going to break your record. What are you going to think he goes? He better breaks because if he doesn't, they're not winning.
Speaker 4: That's true, that's true. We needed every yard, right, we needed every yard that he gave.
Speaker 1: Us, all two hundred and what was it, twenty seven and thirteen catches.
Speaker 10: I was in a suite with a guy he was betting. They were they were gamblers, and uh, he said that he needed CD to give forty more yards and he would have six thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: He bet.
Speaker 10: I'm like, what made you think CD was gonna go for two hundred and sixty something yards?
Speaker 4: But that was his bet. I think, I don't know how that goes, but he's he kept I need forty more yards twenty four yards? Like damn dude, I like C geez.
Speaker 1: Well, I figured I figured if they would have kicked the extra point over.
Speaker 4: That, So does the bet go into overtime? Why not for the whole game? For the whole game? Yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: It was one thing that he was going to break the reception ck single season reception record, but he was two hundred and some yards away from the yardage record. I'm saying, okay, maybe next game, right, and he gets both of them both crazy man.
Speaker 4: I did not see that coming, and I don't think we need him that much.
Speaker 1: And another touchdown, which, by the way, that's eight straight games with a touchdown, and that ends up being as I highlighted his accomplishment, he scored a touchdown in eight consecutive games, the longest active streak in the NFL. Not only is Lamb, the Cowboys Cowboys first receiver to record a touchdown in eight straight games and his third NFL receiver in the past ten years to do so, along with DeVante Adams and Antonio Brown. Well, they need him to go nine straight now.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 10: He spoke of Adams in regards to how you know he macauthy has been affiliated with two really great wide receivers at the end of the interview. At the end, he kind of brought up Adam's name in regards to how McCarthy is accustomed, you know, to dealing with wide receivers of this caliber.
Speaker 1: That was a good interview, but it helps when you have one catch for ninety two yards.
Speaker 8: That was one of the best plays that really was entirely safety.
Speaker 1: It went from minus two to plus six exactly.
Speaker 4: And you know they dog number fifty five for you know, make you know, not making the play. It wasn't as.
Speaker 10: Easy as it looked making the sad It wasn't as easy it look as it looked, because he definitely missed him horribly. But you know, Dak had a little something to do with that, because he thought Dak was going to throw. He was going into throwing motion and it was in one motion that he do and went down there. So when he ducked, I think fifty five was like, oh, I think he was going to block the pass. I think he was going to necessarily, And once he got in there, I think he just got a little confused and he was in no man's land.
Speaker 1: And the incredible thing is when he rolled out, he ended up throwing the ball off of one foot like fifty yards.
Speaker 4: And he threw it as seed. He said, he really threw it just as he came out of that break right perfect.
Speaker 1: Time, and the dB fell down.
Speaker 4: I don't think it would have mattered. No, he wasn't going to catch. No, he was a good but I don't think he would have made the play on the ball.
Speaker 1: He just face planet.
Speaker 4: So, yeah, it ain't funny, man, I've been there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it ain't. It ain't fun anybody get the score right there? I think we were.
Speaker 8: We all went pretty pretty high. I didn't think it was going to be as low scoring as it was.
Speaker 10: But I had twenty eight twenty four, Savannah forty two, thirty spags you of thirty to twenty two, and you know, Bill, he.
Speaker 1: Had some gimmicks.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just thirty eight to six.
Speaker 4: Yes, I didn't want to because that was the score. You want to mention it, then you go, that was the score.
Speaker 6: That was It was a revenge game for Jimmy because that was the score of the playoff game in ninety one in Detroit was thirty eight to six.
Speaker 5: The Cowboys lost.
Speaker 4: But but now Spags was the only one to have CD as the pick to click.
Speaker 5: And okay, by the way, all right, from now on, we took Michael.
Speaker 1: We're taking Lamb off the board.
Speaker 5: We took Mike off the board earlier in the season. We got to take CD off the board.
Speaker 4: You might about that, What about that? You gotta take Dak off in you gotta take him off. I mean the man through for three hundred and forty five yards.
Speaker 1: Come on, that's another So we.
Speaker 5: Take Micah, Dak and CD off the board. You can't pick those three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, if they're not, then the Cowboys aren't winning.
Speaker 5: If one of the three they can still go off, we just can't.
Speaker 4: We can't pick them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's too much of a lamp. That's a compliment to that's too much of a lay.
Speaker 1: So somebody needed snowbirding. If you're doing that, somebody needed to take de Marcus Lawrence.
Speaker 3: Macus, this guy.
Speaker 10: This guy is amazing. I mean the way he's been making plays. He takes upon himself. Some times a little bit too much freelancing gets us in trouble, but I'll take it, especially when he's making those stops to put them in.
Speaker 5: Was the only tackles we were making a couple of weeks.
Speaker 10: Now, and he's continued to make that move inside, but he kind of leaves Parsons hanging a little bit on the outside. So you gotta be careful and pick your spots when you do it, and he picked some good spots.
Speaker 4: He picked some good spots.
Speaker 8: I like Jordan Lewis this game. I think it was one of the best games he's played, A real good game.
Speaker 4: I would give him the MVP on side.
Speaker 8: Defensively, defensively, just in the first half, five tackles and then the interception, he just he just made all the stops for it.
Speaker 4: He really he's really playing well. He is really really playing well.
Speaker 1: And it's good when you can get your slot receiver to play that well because they think they've got a mismatch by putting maybe one of the top receivers in the slot right and he's he's playing and making tackles and just making plays.
Speaker 10: And so going back to Jordan though, I mean, you know, come off of achilles right, Achilles injury.
Speaker 1: No, it was it was Frank Frank surgery and he can't.
Speaker 6: He career was in jeopardy whether he'll be able to come back, and and his.
Speaker 10: Play wasn't that great necessarily, but I don't know what happened, but he has come back, especially in the last three weeks I think about it.
Speaker 4: He's been making serious plays.
Speaker 1: I if Trayvon Diggs doesn't get hurt blands in the slot, he may never got that chance to get back as a starter.
Speaker 10: He's he's anticipating very well, uh, covering that inside route, which we seem to have a phobia covering inside routes.
Speaker 4: But he's the one that gets it. In the secondary, he would have found his way on the field.
Speaker 6: They would have probably they would have had they would have put him at linebackers.
Speaker 10: But yeah, exactly, well the time, he looked like he was at the linebacker position.
Speaker 4: Stuff.
Speaker 5: Speaking of that, we have some visitors here at the start today.
Speaker 1: Sounds that way, Uh, former Cowboys Lael Collins and Damian Wilson, the linebacker coming in for.
Speaker 5: They're going to have their numbers retired as Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, I think they're looking for a spot on the practice squad at this point.
Speaker 4: Wow right, wow, well.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it would definitely be practice squad with the idea that you get them and you've got some issues. We've talked about the depth at the linebacker position, and now on that offensive line which has been ongoing and is going to make this long playoff run you're gonna need.
Speaker 5: You never know what is around the next corner.
Speaker 8: Wile Collins was with the Bengals last year.
Speaker 1: Correct, Yes, yes, they so they released him. He tore his ACL in January and so he wasn't ready to start the season. He was still on reserve pop And I think it was after the I wrote it down after the first game of the season they let him go for salary cap.
Speaker 4: Reasons September twelfth.
Speaker 1: And the key thing here is, and I'm sure this one got forgotten, he was cut after the first game to if they didn't give him an injury settlement, they were going to save seven point four million, and over two years it was going to be close to fourteen. So they were having salary cap problems. But what we forget is when the Cowboys let him go after the twenty twenty one season, this year he was costing the Cowboys eight point one six million in dead so they had just signed him to that five year, fifty million dollar deal in twenty nineteen. He missed all of twenty twenty, got suspended five games in twenty twenty one, and actually, I think, as we've pointed out in the show, Terrence Steele outplayed him that year. Yeah, so that's why in March of twenty twenty two they let him go. But it was very costly because the cap space was spread over two years and the last eight million counted this year.
Speaker 4: By the way.
Speaker 1: The Bills worked him out on Friday, I saw. So I think what everybody's thinking now is he's recovered from the ACL let's see what he has, so they'll work him out and hey, all you got to do is sign him. If he's good, to sign to the practice squad. See where he's at. You get a free look basically for what are they paying the guys in the pre the squad now about Oh, it's very it's very very.
Speaker 4: Says I.
Speaker 1: Probably you're probably more than your first year hour. So we'll see with Tyler Smith with the plantar fasci itis.
Speaker 6: Which is a torn it's a completely torn plantar fascia in his left right.
Speaker 4: And that's better.
Speaker 6: That's underneath basically. Yeah, but that's better than a partially torn. A complete tear is better as far as him being able to play, apparently, that's what we're.
Speaker 5: Told and being able to play win now Sunday Sunday in Washington.
Speaker 1: Yes, I mean you got to play through some pain, yeah, but it's not as painful as if it's just partially torn.
Speaker 4: Did you see him walk off.
Speaker 1: Yes, well sort of yeah, with help.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's my point.
Speaker 5: But they're saying, they're saying that there's they're they're telling us there's a chance.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: And that's not the first time I've heard that. That's kind of been always the thing about the planetar fascia. If you tear it all the way, it's better than partially torn. Because who just recently had it, and there was some talk about you should just go in and tear the thing, uh, and it'll heal faster than if it's just partially torn.
Speaker 5: So it like it only takes like a few days to well, I don't know.
Speaker 1: If it takes a few days, it's painful, but not as painful as if it's not totally torn. So they're going to take a look at them and you know, see see where he see where he's at.
Speaker 6: Okay, all right, we're just getting started on this edition. So so much to get to and we come back in a moment.
Speaker 4: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: And they snapped the press guy who looks it's not there.
Speaker 3: He escaped, flapped.
Speaker 5: He'll look full perstyle.
Speaker 4: Just like football.
Speaker 12: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 6: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 4: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, they've got you covered. What are you waiting for? Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 13: We know that juicy, cheesy, grilled to perfection burger sounds amazing, but it does sound like something is missing. Pepsi baby, the yin to this Burger's Yang. Burgers and pepsi go together like well, like burgers and pepsi. This perfect blending of flavors makes every bite of let us, every sesame seed on the bun, and every sip of that crisp, refreshing ice cooled koola a journey to footopia.
Speaker 5: Burgers better with pepsi, That's what I like.
Speaker 11: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes.
Speaker 1: Learn more and.
Speaker 11: Get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 14: Did you know that responding to one spam call can lead to more? Or that the IRS would never ask for your Social Security number on the phone? Beat scammers at their own game by subscribing to AARP FraudWatch Network alerts and texts at AARP dot org. Slash beat Scammers TX. You can sign up to receive information that helps you recognize and avoid the latest scams. That's aarp dot org slash beat Scammers TX, demitt shuts.
Speaker 8: Kpost Roufine and onproofing the official roofer of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: All right, we continue here on mixed shots and after a.
Speaker 6: Busy, busy, busy New Year's weekend, And how about we take it back to Saturday night now.
Speaker 1: And the end of the game about ten thirty at night or about ten.
Speaker 6: Thirty on Chris New Year's Eve Eve, and the Cowboys have a twenty to nineteen lead on the Detroit Lions.
Speaker 5: They just scored a touchdown.
Speaker 1: Take it from there, making seven plays or whatever they did again.
Speaker 5: Monross Saint Brown gets into the end zone. It's twenty to nineteen, and Dan Campbell says.
Speaker 1: Screw that that extra point. We're going for ty the way you knew he was going to do that, right.
Speaker 5: And he told the offense before they went on on the field, we're going to score. We're gonna go for two.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's the way he played all year long. Yeah, and that's why they are where they are going forward on fourth down taking chances like that, so they score and let's do this first. Have you ever seen anything like that in your life at the end of a game needing three two point attempts.
Speaker 10: To concluded The reason I say I've never seen it because I've usually any almost any coaches saying Okay, we'll just go for the time, right.
Speaker 4: I mean, to me, that's what made it the most unique moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just going for the time, especially after you just drove the length of the field, right.
Speaker 10: And you're away from home. You know, that's something that you might do if you're the home team. But he had something to prove. He really did, And to me, that's his emotion. Could be his downfall, you know, in regards to his you know, he's so impulsive, you know, and I love that about him because his team follows him, you know. The way they play is like I said, I look forward to this game the moment I saw the schedule, so.
Speaker 1: I said, seven nine plays, seventy five yards. So once again, the Cowboy defense faltered when they needed to close out the game. It's two weeks in the row, which is a little bit in the room dangerously going towards.
Speaker 10: The end of the before you go on this defense has just become at its best moments of being.
Speaker 4: But don't break defense. That's what it has become.
Speaker 10: You know, we want to make sure we keep our offense in position to win the game. As much as we complain about them played against Miami. You only gave up how many points against Miami? Twenty two points you gave up against my that's.
Speaker 3: A heck of a job.
Speaker 4: That's a heck of a job. But you allowed them to come down just when things went hand and to win the.
Speaker 1: Game, which by the way, it was twenty to nineteen when they got the ball in that something.
Speaker 10: So now you're looking at this game a great offense. Really, I think that's we just beat a great team. This is a great team that we just beat. The Lions are well coached, they have a lot of talent. They have a good quarterback. But we made him look average, you know for the most part.
Speaker 1: And that's what's the hard part. You almost lost to a quarterback that finished the game with a sixty seven point two quarterback rating.
Speaker 10: You created that rating for him and then now you're gonna let him off the hook. Made him be a Pro Bowl right in one he was looking like he just a mass.
Speaker 1: Okay, So the two point conversion, I want just go around and what everybody's opinion on what happened, or as well as we know what happened, anybody can go first.
Speaker 4: Well, I'll say go ahead.
Speaker 8: I was gonna say, Buil did a really good good job of explaining this on Twitter after I think you even posted the clip of got it from.
Speaker 5: Our fine people here Dallas Cowboys Radio.
Speaker 2: Bro, you didn't rig rigged, You didn't rig the video, the audio, all the audio, the audio, shure, I'm sure, yes, yes, So.
Speaker 4: Well, what have the Bible around this somewhere? He's really been they've really been scorching it a little bit.
Speaker 6: So the only thing I will say on that is, okay, I got the audio from Douglas Barricklow okay. And but to post it on social media, you want to have an image to go with it. The video, So I'll be up front. The audio does not match up specifically with the video that's shown on the tweet, which is it shows Skipper coming onto the field whatever, that it's off by five seconds whatever whenever he made the announcement, but it is the announcement was made. What I wanted to find out because I knew typically when and when in a tackle eligible announcement, it's always made by the referee, and you can hear it in the stadium, okay, with you could not hear it on the TV broadcast, and that's not unusual because the TV broadcast, even though they have access to the public address speakers or the audio there, they don't pipe it into the TV broadcast.
Speaker 5: They do it great job, yeah, yeah, right.
Speaker 6: We do a great job on Dallas Cowboys Radio where you can hear all the ambient noises in the stadium and so forth, and they can do a great job of being able to hear when those announcements are made. And so after the game, I'm like, okay, was did the referee announce that seventy was the eligible receiver?
Speaker 1: And he did to ninety three thousand people, right, he did it.
Speaker 6: And you can hear it on the radio broadcast, and as you see in the video, which is why I wanted to match it up with the video, he also went to the Dallas defense and told them by swiping his jirt in front of.
Speaker 5: His shirt that number seventy is eligible.
Speaker 4: And that's all.
Speaker 5: So we have the audio, we have the audio right here. How about well listen to it.
Speaker 6: There comes if he had to make him play eligible favor number seventy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, brought in an extra look at that lineman. Okay, there you go.
Speaker 1: So now the question is did Taylor Decker say I was never sixteen six sixty eight to two? Well that was never announced, right, So the only positions that are regulated by numbers is the offensive line got to be between fifty and sixty seventy nine. All right, So if sixty eight is going to be eligible, it has to be announced because sixty eight is not a number that can go out and touch a pass. Okay, it was never announced. Now, so the question is did the official miss it or did he really not go and report in because he was already in the game. Right. I listened to his postgame press conference. He didn't sound very convincing to me. It was almost like, well, yeah, I did.
Speaker 10: That's what I wanted to hear because he said he had he double down. They said he doubled down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so he lied, and then they kept asking him and he goes, well, I don't want to say anything to get myself in trouble. So if it was me, and you know, me, I'd have been screaming from the highest hill right by golly, I reported in he missed me. He never said that, right, But regardless of that, if he doesn't tell the Cowboys he's eligible, the Cowboys aren't going to cover him. That's what everybody, that's what everybody's forgetting. They did not know he was eligible, and McCarthy made somewhat comment about it yesterday in his press conference, and then Dan quinn doubled down. It's like, yeah, if we knew he was eligible, we would have defended it accordingly.
Speaker 4: You had two guys going with one guy.
Speaker 1: Because they all went with the tight ends, right, and no one bothered with him. I'm going, why didn't they? Well, that's what they missed. They were yelling that the play should have counted. What they should have been yelling at is if the official screwed up on not announcing him as eligible. But you can't assume, right if they had announced him eligible, that we would have had the same ending, right, And that's what that's what everybody.
Speaker 4: I can't see it. I can't see an offensive line of beating the dB down there.
Speaker 1: If they knew he was eligible, and then that would have been up to the Cowboys to say, Okay, they're unbalanced over here, but that guy can still go out, and they would have I think alerted themselves to it.
Speaker 4: Right, No, that's a fact. I think that's a fact. And that so they only played.
Speaker 1: Because there was what they heard. There was a defender right in front of him. I think it was Donaghan Wilson, right, and they both went with the tight end with the end.
Speaker 4: That's true.
Speaker 1: So great play, but you got to explain. And here's the other thing that I think they might have screwed themselves in it. They were trying to be deceptive with that.
Speaker 4: That's where Troy was talking about Nick.
Speaker 9: Troy said it, Nick, speaking of deceptive. I've done a little research on this, so I actually went to Dan Campbell's Monday press conference where he's more candid and he's had time to think about it.
Speaker 4: You want to hear what he has to say about that. I loved here.
Speaker 6: It is.
Speaker 1: When Taylor went to report and Skipper was sort of running that way, I can explain why there was so many women going in that direction.
Speaker 14: Is that just some self refuge in somebody's ring? Not confused that less at all?
Speaker 15: If you're running a play like that in seventy is your jumbo tight end and they know that because that's what he does for you. And then you're gonna decide you're gonna make sixty eight eligible. And he walks over to the ref and then the ref stands over sixty eight before you play, and they hold the ball and they stand over and point at it. Do you think you're gonna be able to throw the ball to sixty eight. No, So it's about eligibility, that's what it's about. And it has nothing to do with the ref. The ref knows. He knows because sixty eight reported. It's for the defense, so that they see three different people and you're just hoping they happen to not here, but at seventy that's all. Now you saw what Hutch did last year here at Green Bay. They did the same thing to us, and Hutch picked it off right, and TENA was up just kind of, oh, all right, he made a play. He said he's going to the officials before and I guess it talks about this. I'm not getting into it.
Speaker 1: Wonder you know along either of bout it either foards the draw off the plane specifically with the official, was that specifically done.
Speaker 14: It was just audioce just uperbly.
Speaker 15: Telling one piece of paper, our play, what our players have.
Speaker 4: That was it?
Speaker 1: So is he trying to say the official screwed up?
Speaker 9: So I think what they were trying to do.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 9: So they've got two guys in the game that have the last digit at eight fifty.
Speaker 4: Eight right tackle.
Speaker 9: Okay, So if you go back and look at the tape, Okay, what they did is they lined.
Speaker 1: School out to the right like he was like he was eligible.
Speaker 4: Okay, he's a tackle. You can move them down the line of screverags. You can. He can line up on the sidelines for all they care. Okay, So they move them in motion.
Speaker 9: So they have six, they have fifty eight soool on one side of the line, and that making it an unbalanced line because they're saying that seventy is a tackle now and they have fifty eight or sixty eight on the other side as their tight end quote.
Speaker 4: So that's what they're trying to do.
Speaker 9: They're trying to stack the line with two guys on each end with an last number of eight. So you don't know who to cover that you didn't listen to the Referrerace and see that would.
Speaker 5: Be with the announcement that was that sixty eight was eleigient right.
Speaker 4: Eight, Oh, it's fifty eight right.
Speaker 9: He was at the end of the line of scrimmage because seventy was lined up in the tackle position.
Speaker 5: It didn't occur to them that they that the referee might call.
Speaker 1: The wrong number.
Speaker 9: Now, all three of the guys, fifty eight, sixty eight and seventy all huddled around the referee, so I can understand why he was confused.
Speaker 10: Yes, well, no, he didn't allow He didn't really allow seventy to really approach because when I was talking to fifty eight and sixty eight, it seemed like he was in such a hurry, and I heard the referee talking about it.
Speaker 4: What they made a mistake was they were in such a hurry.
Speaker 10: The referee was in a hurry because he walked away from seventy as he came over after talking to fifty eight and sixty eight when he was.
Speaker 4: Done with them.
Speaker 10: I got it, I got it, I got it, and he walks away and that's when he makes the announcement. He never really gave seventy a chance.
Speaker 4: Man. He came up late.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he came out, which he had several times during the game as the third title.
Speaker 6: Here's the other thing the factor into this. I heard a retired official talk about this. Typically on an extra point, they don't even make the announcement. Usually they do not make the announcement because on a regular extra point, always you have someone who has a number in between fifty and seventy nine ineligible number that's lining up on the outside because in a field goal formation, it's.
Speaker 1: A field goal for me, right.
Speaker 6: But in this case, there was a timeout called and so they had time to go ahead and make the announcement.
Speaker 16: And it was obvious they were going for tuliar to hearry though, but if it was a normal if it was he was in such a hurry and he saw he saw.
Speaker 6: Seventy running on the field, okay, And that's what they typically do, and it happened earlier in the game.
Speaker 5: Seventy was the tackle eligible.
Speaker 6: So it's a loud stadium, and I wouldn't be surprised if sixty eight said I'm the guy and brad out and didn't hear it, because it's a loud stadium.
Speaker 4: People right there, they were carry right now.
Speaker 6: And that's what guy doesn't demonstrated demonstratively motion to his jersey that he is the.
Speaker 4: Tackle, and Troy said that.
Speaker 10: Troyce says, I have been Troyce, I've been here with these moments, and he said, Lineman, they try to be cute. Basically, he didn't use those words, but they try to be a little bit cute the deceptive when they come on because everyone is watching and listening to see who's sneaking into eligibility.
Speaker 1: Ye, here's the other thing. Who else did it? By the way, somebody got a hold of Dean Blandino and asked.
Speaker 14: Him about it.
Speaker 5: It was on the Fox to show the next morning, next morning.
Speaker 1: Right, and he explained it more so than the guy right after the game that was diagramming.
Speaker 6: What the hell?
Speaker 1: And he basically explained it. He had an ineligible number to touch the ball.
Speaker 4: It's just that way because that was announced.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm showing Everson. Look at the receiver that's lined up next to Decker on the left side.
Speaker 5: How far off the line of scrimm?
Speaker 13: That far?
Speaker 4: No, not that far.
Speaker 6: There's is the other part of the deception on the play is it appears, just looking at the with the camera angle that the receiver on the left side is on the line of scrimmage that sixty eight is covered up, but he he is like halfway he's halfway to the line of scrimmage whatever on the fringe.
Speaker 1: So he was basically they was uncovered the way they lined up, right.
Speaker 5: He technically, I guess it could have been. I'll show it to you.
Speaker 10: I've seen another angle to where you can kind of make the argument for Detroit, you know, but it's it's it's a little he's.
Speaker 5: Got one foot up there and one foot back.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean you see as the offensive tackles who were lined up in the backfield like three yards back, right, that was basically he's closer than that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: So for for in their attempt to be deceptive, they screwed themselves.
Speaker 10: And let's be real, guys, but there's if I'm Detroit still, even with all of that, sixty eight came.
Speaker 4: Up and talked to the man, and he should have said six.
Speaker 5: That's between the Lions and the referrece.
Speaker 9: And then what you call and then there by the way, everybody want to be around that.
Speaker 1: The game, right, they had another attempt. There's two more probably and and if Micah doesn't like that, which had nothing to do with the interception. Right, games over, and then they got another chance five yards closer after they got.
Speaker 10: Want to kick it after the second because he's a stubborn man from Texas.
Speaker 4: Typical Texan. Me and Bill know what this is about.
Speaker 9: Mickey's good friend Rob phil The text text he said on his last show, Rob says, I felt like he was the guy at ten cups.
Speaker 4: I'm going for this. We're gonna get it on the.
Speaker 5: Green, hit it over that water.
Speaker 4: Wasn't he from Texas? Texas? All right?
Speaker 5: We continued more good one, Rob.
Speaker 11: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire and the Erica. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 4: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite. What a pair can cracks?
Speaker 17: A kickoff Tailgates, going Waypass, postgame Sunday Night overtimes, followed by Monday Mortals, Swagger Brisket and the Smoker, Miller Lite and the Creek, America's team playing America's Greatest sport. Miller Lite the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football taste like Miller Time Celebrate Responsibly, twenty twenty three, Miliberal Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 14: Did you know that responding to one spam call can lead to more? Or that the IRS would never ask for your Social Security number on the phone? Beat scammers at their own game. By subscribing to AARP FraudWatch Network alerts and texts. At AARP dot org slash Beat Scammers TX, you can sign up to receive information that helps you recognize and avoid the latest scams. That's AARP dot org slash Beat Scammers TX.
Speaker 11: You know that sound anywhere.
Speaker 13: It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for. Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana, because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping a cool pepsi. Finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 3: That's what I like. Demiced shots