Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market. Harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. I'm Nathan Hager, joined by Bloomberg's Dan Curtis on a day when stocks won't be moving off the back of an official jobs report, but we do have a lot to talk about in the micro space, including advanced I'm sorry, Applied Materials taking it on the chin this morning, Dan, Good morning.
Speaker 3: Good morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: You know, today is a good day to let the single name shine without that jobs report. But Applied Materials down three percent in the pre market. It's a semiconductor equipment maker, and it's announced that it's going to take a six hundred million dollars hit to revenue. That's due to new US government restrictions. The company's updated guidance comes after the Trump administration expanded measures to prevent sanction companies from receiving restricted goods. Applied Materials sees part of its business getting impacted by those new rules, So an analyst from Bernstein notes that this is not the only company that will probably see see these hits to revenue. The street is just waiting for other companies to come out and project how much this may impact their business. And despite pulling back in the early hours, it's still in line with a broader chip space so far this year.
Speaker 1: And we got some news this morning that affects shares of Taiwan's semiconductor that are traded in the US, A pretty big headline around Huawei.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so this is the restrictions I just mentioned. Part of that is to target Huawei, which is on a restricted company list. The Trump administration is trying to limit the access that some Chinese companies have to AI chips and high tech high check materials that the likes of TSMC makes. So we got a report from tech Insights that discovered dies from TSMC were used to produce top AI chips at Huawei. The Huawei was also found to have used components from Samsung and sk Heinex. All the companies whose components were found used say that they do comply with US export regulations. It's not clear yet how Huawei obtained the technology. In the past, it's used in intermediate company to funnel restricted goods and just worth it to know. Huawei has not responded to comment. They are on a week long holiday in China. That said, TSMC still powering ahead in the pre market. It's up about two percent and hovering near all time highs.
Speaker 1: And the biggest top side mover in the pre market this morning. I get. I guess we could call this one in the tech space. What is going on with Rumble? It is catching a huge bed this morning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, it's definitely more in the tech space this morning because it's starting to integrate AI into its video sharing platform. It's partnering with an AI company called Perplexity to integrate artificial technology and that's just basically going to help suggest videos to users while they're on this site. The collaboration will result in a new subscription model combining both the pro versions. While Perplexities tools will be integrated. Perplexities new AI browser called Comment will be promoted across Rumbles network. That's how the partnership is structured. That's lifting shares thirteen percent in the pre market. This is a stock that I will say has gone a massive lift earlier from the President Trump's election that was seen as a positive positive catalyst as this platform appeals to law of far right users. The shares have pulled back. They're still nearly fifty percent off from all time highs, but this morning is helping out the balls a little bit.
Speaker 2: This Stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.