Speaker 1: You're listening to I Choose Me with Jenny Garl. Welcome back to I Choose Me. For my guest, Brooke Burke, choosing herself meant finding ways to take care of her health that she actually enjoyed, because working out doesn't have to suck. She shared some of her Brook Borke body tips and tricks with me. So let's get right into it. Brooke okay, and need to help us find our feel good? What is the very first step? Especially for those who say they don't like to work out, how can we make ourselves work out?
Speaker 2: So I hear this all the time, So I created the Baby Body app for people that don't like to work out, don't have time to work out, don't want to drive to a class, and don't want to spend the money on a class. So if you're to think about this one class that you're spending maybe I don't know, twenty five thirty bucks, depending on where you are, you can get the out for an entire month. If it's a dollar a day, I know we're worth a dollar a day. And maybe maybe it's a walk. Maybe you're listening to a meditation, maybe you're doing one of my live streams. Maybe you're choosing one of the twelve minute workouts, and I'm not kidding you. I used to laugh at that. You can do a five minute ad commitment if you want to target tone certain areas of your body. Just doing some things better than doing nothing. Starting small will help you feel good. It's like oxytocin. You can feel good, pop of that hormone that makes you want to do more. And I always tell people, forget about an hour or forty five minutes. If you don't like working out, you've already failed. Decide how much time you want to spend. Maybe it's ten minutes. Listen to a meditation, that's a walking meditation. You could listen to one of my interviews. It's still wellness, it's still going to reap your brain. And then you could sort of pick and shoot. So I have all these bite size burns that make it really doable for me.
Speaker 1: Bite size burn.
Speaker 2: Everybody wants to work out, and if it's not fun, you're never going to do it again.
Speaker 1: That's right, you gotta but you'll feel good if you do it and you commit to it.
Speaker 2: The other side of it, you're going to feel good, So just do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's just the truth. You guys deal with it. So we all heard about the castor oil and the belly button thing. You did it? I did it, and and.
Speaker 2: What did you see? I liked it.
Speaker 1: I didn't get I was like, I don't think that did anything.
Speaker 2: Did you sleep with it? Yes? Okay, So I try it because I review like all these things, and I'm always honest. I'm like, is it to god be messy? Is it going to be leaky? What the hell business about to research after it? Truth? Sorry, castor oil people, it doesn't have to be castor oil, by the way, it can be anything that's an oil that's warmth. I think part of it is the intention of doing it, and it heats up the belly, which creates comfort in the gut, floating and all of that. The oil makes your skin feel better. That we know is true. So the heat and the softness of the oil makes everything just feel better. So that's that. Actually like it. But I also kind of paired it with a little bit of lymphatic and abdominal kind of massaging. It's weird, but I like it.
Speaker 1: I I went so far as to get like the special pad the sticker that's like shaped like a heart.
Speaker 2: Oh you did? He was too cute. One was this big ugly Scott was like, what are you doing? Just you're gonna like it if it's work.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. Yeah, the things we do.
Speaker 2: It's mask on Billy. He's like, this is really sexy.
Speaker 1: You are hot. Yeah, you just say it all pays off. Don't worry. So okay, I like I said, I love your smoothies. I see you making them, putting the whole lemon in there. Game changer again.
Speaker 2: I like these weird things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like it that you like weird things.
Speaker 2: Charlene who is the founder of SymbioticA. He is a biochemist. He's freaking brilliant. Or in my lemon or sure, I'll speak really fast and fast track this. He's like, do you drink lemon water. I'm like, of course they drink lemon water. Everybody drinks lemon water. He goes a bitch to have lemon a way, don't you? Of course I have lemon way. It goes take the whole lemon skin, the seeds of the pulp, the whole thing. I don't even cut anything. No, I put in my blender with water. There is there are so many valuable properties in the raine of the lemon. You gotta wash it because there's wax. That's why our lemons look so pretty. Get an organic lemon, wash it, pop it in the blender with water. The key to this is nothing else, No mint, no celery, nothing, Drink it first thing in the morning. Gut breath, vitamin seed, detoxification, minerization. But there's all of these incredible properties in the rhine, and so I'll want to jump it. It'll last me a few days.
Speaker 1: Just the water, just the lemon. Only water, hot water, cold water, warm water matter.
Speaker 2: I don't drink it too cold, but I'll actually make it and then keep it for the next morning as well. Yes, everybody should do that. In Mother Nature did not tell us to throw the good stuff away, So you know, there's all of these natural properties that we have. It's the same thing with the pineapple Bramlin. You can go buy these really expensive pineapple tea bags that supposedly are like us like healing diuretic. They're like thirty dollars, or you can go buy pills. No, you just ticked pineapple. Cut off the butt, cut off the thing. I have a button butt in the think carve it, wash it, take all the skin, throw it in a picture of water, if you were healing, if you had doneal work, if you had any kind of surgery. Is if you have information, your money, the Bramlin pure natural, amazing properties, pineapple skin.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, these are things you don't think of. You think of like I need a pill, I need medicine, but there's just so many natural remedies. What's your favorite recipe for a smoothie right now?
Speaker 2: I'm pretty much a creature of habits into my smoothies. I never did that before. My body needs it now in my fifties, I'll do organic on sweet and almond milk, cinnamon because I love the fall flavor. I love the smell of anti inflammatory. I'll do a half a banana, frozen blueberries, fiber, and then I'll do two scoops of my Superfood blend because it's got everything in their fla seed, macha, sustainable energy, cacao, all of these antioxidive properties, almond milk. I don't even put almond butter or peanut butter in there anymore. I use raw walnuts, brain food, raw food. It's the best. You know.
Speaker 1: When I was pregnant. My mother in law at the time told me, every day, eat a handful of raw almond walnuts, grain food, and your baby will be so smart.
Speaker 2: And my kids are smart, they're smarter, way will be really smart if we do that.
Speaker 1: My god, Yeah, they think of what.
Speaker 2: You spend on almond butter and peanut butter and all these other things that are not really that great for us. So I just do a handful of raw so unsalted, unroasted raw walnuts.
Speaker 1: Amazing, Okay, love it, gonna do it, Okay. Any newest biohacking routines that you're trying out right now, I'm up for anything right now.
Speaker 2: Besides my red light therapy masks. I love that one, and I have one that's red and blue and then a combo of both. Anything new. I do all kinds of weird stuff.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you. I just bought a thing, a bed, like an infrared thing you lay in. Yeah, like it's like a little mummy suat as.
Speaker 2: I do those when I'm in other biohacking places because they're very expensive. They're amazing because you get the whole body anti inflammatory and circulatorid benefits. I'm a big believer in it. You know, it's kind of a new thing, so worth researching. There is one free thing that I'm doing that's kind of interesting.
Speaker 1: Free.
Speaker 2: Yes, my daughter having this. So you wake up in the morning, first thing in the morning. Yes, you're gonna have your lemon water now, but even before then, and you just jump up and down for one minute and stupid. It's a limit. It's drainage, it's circulation, it's waking up the body. It's it's it's creating some signals, and it's time to wake up, in time to move, inflammation, all kinds of things get moving in your body. You just hop not crazy, just like jumping up and down, not like jumping jacks, not cardio. You're literally just hopping. Yeah, you're shaking everything out. It feels really good. And then you get like that body, that energetic body buzz. So I'm doing that. It's fun.
Speaker 1: I've just was watching Oh no, I was sounding like a spell a lot of time on Instagram. I was just this morning, instead of putting my red light therapy on and instead of meditating, and instead of drinking my lemon water, I was watching Instagram and saw someone talking about this and doing it. I was like, ooh, I want to try that.
Speaker 2: It's so easy. It sounds really silly. My daughter does it. She's always finding all these cooky things to do. It feels good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've been pumping my my glands lately, my lymph nodes, like doing all the places pumping them.
Speaker 2: Try this because this is probably going to help you just get like a little activation. And it's just the tummy, the weird tummy cast for real. Thing you do kind of have to work through certain areas that are holding on.
Speaker 1: I think, mm hmm. Yeah. Self massage, Yeah, we forget to do it. It's important though, I think, you know sometimes just the act of going in the bathroom taking all that time. You know, for yourself, it's a good hour, but the bath and the scrub and the facial and the hair mask and then you know, the exfoliation and then the lotion of it all, Like it takes me a long time.
Speaker 2: I'll put my hair mask in before I go to hot yoga. I'll do my meditation while I have my red light therapy mask on.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're double it up.
Speaker 2: And then I do my limit. Yeah, I mean, and I've got the coffee machine prepared the night before I go to bed. Yeah, we have to be efficient times.
Speaker 1: True, there's just so many things. I know that you are a cancer survivor, yes, And I know that there's so much that people can be doing, new technology, new things, new biohacks that they can be doing. And I know that there's also that you know, always that element of worry in the back of your mind. Once you've had something that like that, like life threatening threatening, how do you handle it? How do you not let it consume you? The worry, the fear.
Speaker 2: I feel like we have access to so much right now with technology. We can learn so much about our body and the responsibility that we have, especially as women at every age, by the way, is to have a baseline of where you are currently. So I'm a big believer in examining the blood and doing a panel. There are incredible biohacking and functional medicine facilities now everywhere. Next Health being one of them. Find a functional medicine doctor that's willing to take your blood work and really evaluate it so you can learn about your body scans like perneuvo I did that. What is the other one called the gallery test? I believe where you can go and tests for like, I don't know five hundred different things, but I'm a big believer and I want to know where I am right now so that I can evaluate that year to year to know where what's changed in my body, so I don't really skip ever that yearly physical that's expensive and time consuming consume. I know our healthcare system isn't super supportive of all of these amazing things access to learn so much about our body, especially hormonally check my hormone levels. You know, I manipulate my body. I believe in HRT. That's for me. But being a cancer survivor, I have to do regular checkups right, and I have to continue to learn my body. And I'm also a little bit of a geek, you know, and then it comes to bio hacking, so I'm always trying word things. I did the plasma exchange where I took my blood out when vein you know when IVY in, when IVY out, and did like a plasma exchange wild Wow. Yeah, I'm just always curious. And I used to vulnerable share because I have a lot of automobuve challenges and you wouldn't know it because I really manipulate my body and biohack my body, and I take very good care of myself on most days. Most days. But I used to think that, you know, maybe I'm going to live to be mid seventies or eighty because I got all these things happening. Now I feel like I'm going for a hundred because we love that. We have so many things that we could do to live longer and stronger. Cellular repair, iiO hacking, the regeneration, and a lot of it really is lowering your stress levels and managing the variety, rewiring right, and regulating your nervous system to where wellness comes into play. The app is not just for fitness. It's mindfulness, it's meditation, it's still it's yoga. Lower your stress levels and you'll live longer.
Speaker 1: Yes, No, I wanted to talk about your app before we go. I think that there's just a lot there. You have a great app, you designed yourself. How does it work? And where can people find it? And where can people find out about your retreats? And you're smooth all the things. I'm sure it's all in one place.
Speaker 2: As seeing that. I mean, the app is for anybody at every agent stage of your life, even if you don't love working out. The first week is free, so honestly, if you're thinking about doing something, try it for a week. If you don't like it, forget about it. You can literally spend seven days with me for free and see what I do to activate energy and how to find my feel good. Everything's on brookbrook dot com. My retreats just quick online events. You can sign up for the app. You can do it free trial. And one of the things that's different about it than most fitness apps is it's really got that community component. So I do a meeting every Monday for free. I literally do a zoom every Monday with the entire community just to be like, hey, this, what's coming up, how are you doing, what are you working on? What do we want more of? And I love it and people like why do that? I do because it's a community that's really strong and they show up and they support each other. So fitness yes, yoga yes, but all kinds of other things. And it's seven days free, Like, who cares?
Speaker 1: I want to have seven days free with you? That sounds like great, thank you?
Speaker 2: I would love that.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, okay, I do want to Just remember you talked about the light mask and I want to make sure people know what the heck that is and why it's beneficial, because some people might not know.
Speaker 2: The red light therapy mask. So I review all kinds of stuff. I like the wreaky Wreaky rik.
Speaker 1: Way Wreaky Wreaky It's.
Speaker 2: Called Wreaky Ricky and I like that one because it has blue. If you have acne or blemish it, it's got red for stimulation, circulation collegen. It has a combo, and it's got one for inflammation. I also have a blue one that's called higher Dose. It's blue, it has red light. So there's a a lot of them out there. Are their price. I really do believe that they work. And like I said, you can tumbleway on me. It's a ten minute uh practice. Yeah, how to get your prayer and visualize your day. Just slow down, just to have ten minutes to be with yourself while you're getting your vanity in.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's so smart. That's the best thing I've ever heard. I think I'm definitely doing it tomorrow. Yeah, how do you get protein? I'm a vegan, so I know a lot of times, like if I were to join your app, like I need specific how do I get my protein as a vegan?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, My daughter's vegan as well now, so it's been an incredible learning curve for me. Do you do plant based proteins? You do? Okay? Great?
Speaker 1: So I don't actually like, I don't recommend, I don't love and I don't recommend that people do like the fake meats and stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the fake gigs, and you know, no judgment for everyone, but if anybody can really just keep it natural and eat the colors of the rainbow and try to get what you need, I mean, there's so much controversy related to protein. In fact, I'm part of Golden Hippo and High Impact Protein and doctor Gundry and Amazing. You know, he's part of that lineup as well, and I'm always picking his brain about protein. And he's one of three doctors that actually doesn't believe, you know, all of these stats of how much protein you need. Some pay say a gram per pounds, some say a gram per kilo. What is somebody like you do who's vegan, be on tofu and all these other things. But I recently, in my fifties, I add two scoops of protein to my smoothie and that can be way, that can be plant based, that can be anything. But here's the kicker. If you can't digest the protein, there's no reason to put the protein in your body. So you have to get high quality protein. You need vitamin D to help you break it down. You need to be able to digest it, and you need a leucine like you need all the essential amino acids. So it's really complicated. You've got to have a high integrity product. Make sure there's not too much sugar in it, make sure that it's FDA approved. Read your labels proteins. I don't like that dirty. I want to I would like to eat everything I can for mother nature. But it's almost impossible to get what we need, especially if you're trying to maintain and forget about building muscle. So I put two scoops of high impact protein. It's easy to find in my instagram in my smoothie, which is mostly superfoods. Right, you think your smoothing is packed with protein and you're using almond milk, it's really just expensive water. There's like no protein and almond milk everyone, So you use water, get some superfoods, get some fiber, some fruit. You know your flax seeds, your chance or whatever. But I'm using protein now because I don't have time in the day. I'm not going to wait five eggs. I don't want to eat chicken meal like And you must be struggling too as a vegan.
Speaker 1: It's really hard. And I talked to my friend doctor Parcone, who says every day that you're not getting your amount of protein, you're aging, and I went into a full body panic because I'm like, oh my god, there's not one day in my week that I get enough protein.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure almost any expert that you ask will give you a different formula. And the truth is, there's not a universal theory. And I've done so much research in this space because it's one of the most common questions. It depends on your activity level and your goal. Are you building, are you training, are you maintaining? Are you losing muscle mass as we age as women? Yes, the answer is yes, So how can we just fuel our body to maintain that? And we also need we need to reserve for healing. We need collagen for our brain. It's not just hairskin and nails. We need it for our gut. So I really like this new brand, and I like it because it's because it has all these other things in there. And some scientific research showed that your vitamin D with protein, something magical happens and you could absorb it. It's called high intact protein. So I'm loving that. It's great and I'm just completely manipulating the world around me. It's my own body.
Speaker 1: You're like a hero, honestly, Like, I love it that you yet you put the effort into finding the ways, and I think that that's so cool and it's really beneficial for people like me that just want to get the information from you instead of going out and finding it myself. So everybody, you must must check out Brook's website and her app Body. You say it, I want to mess it up.
Speaker 2: The app is Brooke Brook Body, but he's body dot com. You can sign up there. You can find her Retriaque can connect with me. I have blogs, I have an amazing community. Yes, spend seven days with me.
Speaker 1: It's great, great, I love it.
Speaker 2: Leave out for seven days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, seven days that I'm out. Thank you so much, Brooke for spending the time with us today and giving us all this great info. You are an inspiration to so many women, and I'm one of them.
Speaker 2: Thank you. And I've been watching you for so many years and i'm a fan, and I love what you're doing and I love that you're living with purpose. So thanks spending the time and being thoughtful, and we should reconnect.
Speaker 1: I would love it. I would love it.
Speaker 2: Your guests, thank you.
Speaker 1: I'm always here cheering you on.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Bye, bruh, thank you.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll speak soon, see you soon. Gooyde Bye