Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: Who's scoring big this NBA season? You are with all the new ways to get in on the action that Draft Kings Sportsbook and official sports betting partner of the NBA. From monster Slams to dish in the Rock to cleaning the glass, get behind your favorite player and prop bets you can make Undraftkings home of the NBA player props. Ready to place your first bet? Try betting on something simple like picking how many points your favorite player will have. Go to Draft Kings Sportsbook app and make your pick first time. Here's something special for you. New Draft King customers can bet five dollars and get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets. Instantly take it to the rack with Draft Kings Sportsbook Every point Counts. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use code money Moves that's colled money moves for new customers to get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets when you bet just five bucks only on Draft Kings. The crown is yours.
Speaker 3: Scammeling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York, call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and Y four six seven three six nine in Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino in Resorting, Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See DKNG dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 2: Boostmobile is now legit nationwide five G network. So I have to take a break from all the jokes here for just a second and put my serious boards on, because I would never ever joke about a five G network that has invested billions in building five G towers across the country, not even once, not even if mister Boostmobile himself asked me to. There's nothing funny about it. Boozmobile is now legit nationwide five G network and also provide coverage across ninety nine percent of America. Seriously visit boostmobile dot com or your nearest boost Mobile store location to learn more. Boost Mobile network, together with our roaming partners, covers ninety nine percent of the US population. Five G speed not available in all areas. Joining us now fought to a majority draw Saturday night. It doesn't look like he's too pleased with that, and there are a lot of people on social media that actually thought he won that fight. Joining us. Lamont, Roach Junior Lamont, How you doing, bro?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: I'm good man. Thanks for having me. I feel real good.
Speaker 2: No, thanks for having thanks for joining us. Take us through Saturday night. You go into that fight, you move up five pounds, you're one to thirty five, and you move up and you feeling, I mean, everybody's that man ain't No, he got no chance. Tank told you a couple of days earlier. He goes, hey, you're not going in the distance, y'all shake for a little with two fifty. Whatever the case may be. You go into that fight. You know tanks a slow starter. Builds up as the fight progresses. Know he's trying to land hook to the body, come up top with it. What was your process, What were going into that fight, how did you want to fight? And did the fight turn out the way you thought it would well?
Speaker 5: Honestly, yeah, the fight. The fight went exactly how we planned it to go, honestly. You know, Uh, we're familiar with him, We've been familiar with him.
Speaker 1: Uh. We just knew it was a matter of time for everything to fall into play.
Speaker 5: And back to the whole everybody not giving me a shot saying I'm gonna gett knocked.
Speaker 1: Out and all this and all that. I know what I'm capable of, and I know what I could do.
Speaker 5: Like they just in the nutshell they had they had me totally messed up.
Speaker 1: And especially when he bet me saying he's gonna stop me? What do?
Speaker 6: What do?
Speaker 1: I told him himself, I said, you tripping?
Speaker 5: I said, I don't know what got into your head these last couple of minutes, few days, whatever the occasion on you tripping.
Speaker 1: You know you're not going to do that, dude. I don't know why I told him that. I know you know you're not gonna do that. Cut it out.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Hey, listen, when you talk about you're very familiar with him, and I understand you and your team. You went into the fight with a game plan. Is it familiarity the fact that you guys probably trained together in the past, or you've been in camp together in the past, you spared together. Is that why you were so familiar And whatever game plan your team did have and we're able to execute, is that why it went so well?
Speaker 5: I mean, yeah, it's one of It's one of the many reasons why I went so well. Even though we were kids. You know, some of them traits, characteristics and just ways.
Speaker 1: Of a man who like grew with him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so.
Speaker 1: You know some of the some of the like some of the dirty tactics.
Speaker 5: I knew that he'd you know, revert to that when that pressure built up, when somebody else there wasn't.
Speaker 1: Scared of when somebody was there that was there to return fire.
Speaker 5: And you know what I'm saying, he ain't been in the ring in his professional career. He hasn't been in the ring with something like that or something like accountable what.
Speaker 7: I got right, So what I thought obviously watching the fight, and when I look at all his tape fights, most of the time, obviously he starts slow and then round five six he starts to pick it up a little bit, and by the time as he's picking it up, normally his opponent in deteriorating the conditioning where supposed to be. But I'm looking at you. They get the round six and seven and he coming forward and you ain't even you not even moving. So at that point, y'all mid range and you sitting in the pocket. And most of the time when he hits somebody, they retreat, but you get you took one to give one.
Speaker 8: I'm like, what he boy, he boy, going at it.
Speaker 7: I'm like, so did the power not affect you in any way where you didn't really care? We just sat in the pocket with him in exchange because most of the time, I mean, you got to be caut you got to be called just because when throwing punches, you know you got a chance to get hit, you know when you're letting go.
Speaker 8: Did you not care at all? Or did you feel his power early? In?
Speaker 5: Really one word about it. So it wasn't that I wasn't I wasn't caring this. I was cautious, Like you said, I was cautious. But the but the defense, the defense is there, and the confidence was was through the roof, and I got a change keep a spade to spade, Like you know what I'm saying, Like I see why he knocked people out. Yeah, I'm not gonna say the power is overrated. But I've been in there with guys who could punch. I mean, like with guys who can punch. So it's like it's it's nothing. It was nothing new to me. I've been in there with middleweight champions. I've been in there with junior middleweight champions, I mean like as they were champion in their prime and stuff like that. So it's like, you know what I'm saying, Like I was confident and what I could do defensively, and if I get hit, I know, I know I was give it right back.
Speaker 7: Right, So listen, in the ninth round, I'm sorry, you know, I you know, I get it. I don't mean to take over. Listen, hey, young boy. And in the ninth round, you know, Jamonte took a knee. Obviously there's some controversy behind that. It wasn't rule to knock down by the referee. I've never seen that ever. And then my years of watching a you know, watching boxing and enjoying the sport of combat sports in general, did that moment impact your strategy for the remainder of the fight.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna say no, and let me tell you why. The simple fact that he took the knee is is it was really a boost because it's like, all right, it's all right.
Speaker 1: What we're doing is working. We know that he's looking for some It should have been a knock down one.
Speaker 5: So that's why I'm yelling at the referee, like, keep counting, like you tripping, keep counting. That's a knock then, because if y'all didn't notice he started to count, he started to count, he did, and.
Speaker 1: Then he starts he stopped.
Speaker 5: Okay, So so when we he was the action, I'm like, what you doing? Keep counting, like you can't do that? So and then it wasn't even registering or processing through my mind the other rules to the simple fact that he could have got disqualified for having his corner come up to the ring and assist him during the round, or.
Speaker 1: Or he can't turn his back on the like during the fight.
Speaker 5: That's cause for it. That's that's the wave at all. He took a knee and then turned around and went to the corner breadthord usually turning, turn, turn or stop the fight.
Speaker 1: Oh ain't.
Speaker 8: I ain't know that.
Speaker 2: I'm watching you a lot of times when when people hit Tank, like Ocho was saying, they retreat, But it seemed like you had a strategy like if he hit me, I'm gonna hit his ass back just as hard as many times as he hit me. And I don't think he expected you to return the kind of five that you returned, because you wabbled him a couple of times. And I'm not so sure that I've seen Tank wobble like when you caught him a couple of times and you're getting through the guard. I mean, hey, normally a southball fighter that lead right is a home run right down and is right down Broad Street. And you kept touching him with.
Speaker 6: It, for sure.
Speaker 1: Uh, it was one of the it was one of the many things that we trained for.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: Obviously he happy go.
Speaker 5: Lucky with his left and and been working for his whole career. He's been knocking these dudes out. So you know, we've been training, we've been sitting on the left being able to working on counter and working on you know, being able to block.
Speaker 1: And come back.
Speaker 5: And we had some pretty fast guys and then we had some pretty strong guys that I had to, you know, uh, switch rounds with every like you know, every spawn chest.
Speaker 1: So you know, we was ready. We was prepared. And like you said, them.
Speaker 5: Dudes wasn't really really cracking him back, and I was really throwing that fire at him. And the accuracy is was really probably pissed him off too. And the fact that I was busy, It's like this ain't stopping.
Speaker 8: Mhm.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought you did an unbelievable job of keeping the pace up. Like Ojo said, he's a guy that likes to start slow, so he has some energy reserved. So when he comes out from five through twelve, he's like, I got a lot left. I know, I ain't really spent no gas. Hey, I've just been coas and now I've been on electric mode. Now I got this fire, got this gas in the tank. I'm in the unleash. But it meant you met fire with fire when And I've heard Floyd say that, like when he went into a fight, he never watched tape on the guy that he was fighting. He left that up to his corner to watch the fight and then tell him instructions. He would take all that information and then once he got into the ring. Blah blah blah. Do you watch fight? Do you when you going against a fighter, do you watch them? Or you leave that up to your corner to watch and then give you an instruction of what you should do.
Speaker 5: Don't watch them a lot. I'm just so, I just so happened to be a boxing fan that the fact that I do watch him fight, you know what I'm saying? Like, I really like he's just somebody to watch. He inspected cree knock out all his skilled guy like one of the one of the better pound for pound fighters.
Speaker 1: I like watching good fights, so I do know some of his tendencies. But to study him, uh not really. I left it up to my dad. But one time, one day, like one day in camp, we did sit down and watch a few of his fights back to back.
Speaker 7: Mmkay, hey, listen, Tank Tank his publicly express interest obviously in a rematch.
Speaker 8: You want to rematch as well?
Speaker 7: Are you open to immediate rematch or do you have a you don't need a tune up, but do you have a tune up fight? Just to just to keep yourself going, do y'all y'all run it right.
Speaker 5: Media immediate and just to let y'all know, like in my contract, immediate rematch was signed. I signed for the immediate rematch when I signed for the first fight, just in case he lost or just in case it was a draw.
Speaker 1: So they put that clause in there. They put a rematch clause in it, so I already signed the rematch close.
Speaker 8: Okay, So when you got a rematch clause? How long we taken? How long is the break before you start training again?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 8: Is it six months from now?
Speaker 5: That was up to the in side and when they want to fight. So I'm thinking it's gonna be soon. I'm hoping it's gonna be soon.
Speaker 1: Let's say that.
Speaker 7: I mean, I'm saying from a boxing standpoint, is a boxer, what is soon to you? I mean when you say soon to me, I'm thinking a month.
Speaker 4: I know that.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking July. I'm thinking okay.
Speaker 2: But if I'm not, if I'm not mistaken, Lamar, I think I read something that he reached out to Loma Chinko's side and see if they were interested. Did you see did you read that?
Speaker 1: Did you see that? But he can't he gotta he can't believe everything you see?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: And if it is. If it is true, then you know that would be funny.
Speaker 5: But I'm pretty sure the rematch happens, and I'm pretty sure that's the next fight for both of us.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. Well, let me ask you this. Would you be interested? Go ahead? I'm just would you be interested in fighting Lomo or to your female low Pez or me?
Speaker 1: Hold up chair?
Speaker 6: Chad?
Speaker 1: How much?
Speaker 8: Hey?
Speaker 2: Put pauls on it?
Speaker 1: Hey, Chad? I mean, hey, if I don't know, if you've seen me fight Sat, I really do this?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I would there, I would. I listened. I've been studying you for years.
Speaker 1: Okay, I can listen.
Speaker 8: Listen.
Speaker 4: I don't have the time, but I could.
Speaker 7: Tell your tendencies right now round one through seven. Okay, so we was getting there and SPA right now. I can tell you what you're gonna do by looking at your feet when you when you when you got your hand down by your hip already and you stepped forward.
Speaker 8: You're gonna faink. You know it ain't the keys. But listen, I've been studying you.
Speaker 6: I know you.
Speaker 8: So if you want to SPA at any point, if you get ready.
Speaker 1: For the next fight, I think I've seen you work yourself.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I got hands, ain't got no power, he got pillows, he got.
Speaker 8: Ain't got no lamar. Listen they hey lamar. Where I'm from, they call me Hella hands. Yeah, they called me headlands. But listen.
Speaker 7: Reflecting on your performance right in that fight, bro, I don't know, your game plan was phenomenal.
Speaker 8: Everything you did you executed from round one all the way to twelve. After you have a fight like that and you put on a show like that, what aspects I mean, like, what's how many how do you improve off of that?
Speaker 7: Because if you would have grade your performance that night, you get an a plush.
Speaker 2: So when do you go back?
Speaker 8: What do you go back and work on after putting on a goddamn show like that?
Speaker 1: Man, just just just going on.
Speaker 5: See my thing is I always want to get better all the time, no matter if I do have a good performance or not.
Speaker 1: I just go back and watch the tape and see what what he do.
Speaker 5: Obviously, if whatever he comes with the next one, that we just gotta still capitalize. We're gonna add too. What worse, if it ain't, if it ain't broke, don't fix. But we're gonna just we're gonna add to it. We're gonna build. We're gonna build. We're gonna build.
Speaker 1: Might try to, you know, make it up so we can see if we can get that. Stop at Joe. Now you know what I'm saying. No, no, no, that's how you capitalize.
Speaker 7: Hey, that's how Yeah yeah, well your condition was on point, bro.
Speaker 1: Old school fifteen year old fight over here, man, for real? For sure? I was in camp fourteen rounds.
Speaker 8: Wait with time and no time?
Speaker 1: No with time for sure? With time?
Speaker 8: Okay, okay, okay, okay, ok ok okay, okay, okay, cause you know I did twenty two rounds no clock.
Speaker 6: Shah.
Speaker 1: We're gonna get you in camp. Maybe you can get me ready for the rematch.
Speaker 8: Ay, matter of fact, bring me the camp. I ain't gonna charge I ain't. I ain't gonna charge you. You are you?
Speaker 1: Four rounds?
Speaker 8: I let somebody else go forward and.
Speaker 6: Not come back for another exchange.
Speaker 1: No robbery.
Speaker 2: I like that, all right? Bet man, Lamon, will you put Pauls on the game. Don't beat him up too bad because I need it. I need it for the night camp. I wanted to come back, talk about slurring. I don't want him to come back he gonna.
Speaker 1: Be all he's gonna be I think I think he's gonna be all right.
Speaker 2: You getting body blows, don't don't. Anybody's dead. You can't body blows.
Speaker 6: I'm good.
Speaker 8: I'm good. I'm good. I'm good. My defense, my defense is my offense. I ain't gonna get it.
Speaker 2: A lot of times when guys win and they get a rematch, they're like, well, I don't have anything to improve a pun and that they run into a problem because you had a draw. Can you go back and say, you know what, in this situation here, I should have did this instead of that, and I might have been able to land something. Is that how you go back and approach the fight because you didn't get to win, and so you're like, well, I didn't get to win. I didn't lose technically, but I didn't win either. And I think as a fighter, you know, draws and times that ain't what we do it for. We want to be win, we want to be on the top spot. And because you didn't land on the top spot, you feel that, you know what, go back and watch this fight through twelve rounds. Maybe if I pick it up through the first three or four rounds, maybe that's a round or two that I win, and we don't even have this discussion at the end because it looked like they gave you round twelve. Had you not run round twelve, he would which is sad.
Speaker 5: Honestly, So to me, I thought I wanted to fight. Clearly, I thought I want a close fight. I thought I want a very competitive fight. I'm not saying I steamrolled them or whatever, but to me, I think I want to fight now. Granted, ninth round should have been called a knockdown, two judges on the official score cards gave him the round ten to nine. If that was a knockdown, I went around ten eight. That's a three point swing. I would win a unanimous decision. So you gotta take all of that into account. It's three things that could have happened in that ninth round alone, with that knee, it could have been a ten eight round scored a knockdown, could have been a disqualification, or I could have won by TKL. So, honestly, when you look at that and you say I got a draw against the number one spectacle in America, a pound for pound talent, and a guy with a ninety knockout ratio. You look at it and like, Okay, if you got to draw, more than likely use was to win that night. So even though I didn't get to win, I'm not a moral victory guy. I'm pissed that I didn't win, honestly, right, exactly, I pissed that I didn't win. But I really think that that I should have. A lot of people think that I should have, and the rematch is just gonna make it worse for him because I gotta rip it up, Like you said, I gotta do something.
Speaker 1: I gotta do something. I gotta pick it up somewhere to turn this around and make it a victory for me.
Speaker 2: Lamont, you're moving up from super featherweight to lightweight. Were you afraid that moving up might rob you or some of the pot, because that's you know, normally guys that move up they lose some the steam. Were you concerned about that? Are you gonna stay? Are you gonna stand super fall or are you looking to move up to maybe go one thirty five one even higher?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: One thing that one thirty five gave me is a lot more steam. I ain't gonna allow five less pounds I had to lose, so.
Speaker 2: Uh, you know, So what do you normally walk around at Lamont normally?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 5: I want to say if fifty, especially if I'm in the gym now, no, no, I walk around like one fifty uh somewhere around one c one forty nine on a good day. If I'm on vacation, I don't get no higher than fifty five.
Speaker 2: So okay, okay, so you so I think that works. I think that's one of the things that helped Floyd Mayweather because Floyda is not a naturally big man. So it was easy for him to stay at one forty seven because Florida only walking around it like what begin with, So he goes for six eight weeks, he lose five pounds.
Speaker 1: That's its sweet spot for sure.
Speaker 6: Sure.
Speaker 2: And that's another thing with you. It's not like you're walking around one sixty five sixty one sixty five and you got to strip down thirty five thirty pounds. You only having to come down teen, maybe even fifteen pounds out of max. So that's a lot, that's not that's not that drastic where you see these guys have to go through this massive dehydration in order to make weight. Because man, you keep doing that fluctu weight in your body. Man, it takes something out of here.
Speaker 1: That's it takes a toll on you for sure.
Speaker 7: Hey, listen, after a fight like this, how much time do y'all take off, Like I mean, before you get back in and gradually just start building yourself back, not only in the shape, but just making sure you don't lose that rhythm and consistency.
Speaker 5: It's tough, man, especially how boxing is today. That's more so like a personal So me personally, I don't like being out the gym too long. I get cussed out by my a doctor because he tells me to take a break, you know what I'm saying. So then I understand because your body do need to heal rest. I've been through an eight week training camp and then went through a hard twelve round fight, so you know, uh, you know, got to get your body together, take some time off. Because when you peak, when you peak, and you peak at the right time, and I think I peaked at the perfect time on Saturday night, it's you know, it depletes you.
Speaker 1: So I get a little rest. I get a little rest, probably like two weeks.
Speaker 5: I want to be back in the gym one because I probably get you heavy, and I'm like, I don't feel I don't feel right, right, I'll be bored.
Speaker 1: I normally be in the gym.
Speaker 6: So that's where we.
Speaker 1: Live at Slay in DC.
Speaker 7: Okay, okay, make a little trip down there, man, whenever you get back in the gym and you want to start a sparring, I'm gonna come down there.
Speaker 6: And I got I gotta loved. I got a bad man, Chad. I don't know, I know, I know I'm a bad man too.
Speaker 4: That's what a teacher called me when the last I got a little bit for you.
Speaker 8: Right, We're gonna do eight rounds.
Speaker 1: Right, We're gonna do eight rounds.
Speaker 2: You get Yeah, we're.
Speaker 8: Gonna do eight Yeah, if you can, if you can beat me, yeah, at least four rounds.
Speaker 7: Now, you know Lebron James, he just scored fifty thousand points, right, he said, he sent me the ball.
Speaker 8: If you can beat me, if you can win more rounds than me, I seen this ball he gave you.
Speaker 1: Right now, we're gonna set that up.
Speaker 2: You would take that ball, Get that ball of up, okay, right on top of the bell.
Speaker 8: Okay, matter of fact, I'm gonna make it easy for you. I'm only using my jab man.
Speaker 1: Man, you giving you give it, you're giving it away?
Speaker 8: Nah, I mean, listen, I can I can take what I'm doing still win. That's what I do.
Speaker 1: I told you they call me, you're giving the prize away. Lebron ain't gonna like that.
Speaker 8: Oh no, you ain't gonna get that. You think I'm You think I'm gonna lose you and and lose that ball.
Speaker 6: Is a lot.
Speaker 2: Hey let me let me let me ask you this a little bit after the tank fight? Who would you like to fight out fight after tank? Are you gonna stay? Are you gonna go? Are you gonna stay? If you if you go back, if you rematch, you beat tank it one thirty five? Are you gonna stay at one thirty five or slide back down to one thirty or go up even to one forty.
Speaker 5: It depends on what's available. If the champions at thirty five are available, I want to fight them.
Speaker 1: I want to unify. Obviously, that's good for my career. It's like legacy fights.
Speaker 5: And on top of that, they big money fights money if they're not If they're not available, I will go definitely defend my title at thirty and probably try to unify there because.
Speaker 1: I can make thirty comfortably, and.
Speaker 5: I feel like I run that division like I probably can even go undisputed if they let.
Speaker 2: Me, because I'm lama being a student of the game. I know you've heard your dad. You weren't around there, but I know your dad has told you of whomever in your corner about the Four Kings. Hearns Hagler, Durant, Leonard, and how they fought each other and all the top contenders, and that they fought them. You go back to the seventies, you look at the heavyweights. They fought Norton fought our Lee, he fought Fraser, he fought for He fought Shavers, he fought our Lee, Nobody Duck. Why is it now, Lamont that we have guys and they want a cherry pick and don't want to take it. Seemed like and I love Floyd, but Floyd that fifty and oh, because nobody wants to take an ass whipping now because now they feel like my legacy is ruined. I lost the fight some of the great fighters. We don't look at our Lee because he lost three or four times even when he looked bad fighting. Trevor Bourbick, Colar Holmes. We don't hold that against him. We don't hold against Leonard, We don't hold against Haighlu, We don't hold against Hearns. We don't hold against nobody. I don't know, and I hate that. I love Floyd and I'm glad he's undefeated. But everybody thinks, now, if I be undefeated, I'm gonna be revered like Floyd, and it's not going to happen.
Speaker 1: It ain't was one of a kind of fighter, man in the caliber.
Speaker 5: Even if a lot of people do go undefeated and retire undefeated, it's not gonna be the same.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 5: And it's not gonna be the same because Floyd put it in his work. Floyd Floyd fought them guys when when he was able to and stuff. Like everybody, he forught them guys, and he earned the right to fight who he wanted to, when he wanted to, whatever the case may be. He that's that's just a once in a lifetime fighter. I don't know why the guys are not ill.
Speaker 1: Maybe I do.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna give you a little scoop. These guys are worried about the money that they can make.
Speaker 1: If they told you if they still have an O on their record.
Speaker 5: They think that a blemish would knock down the value of their whatever they have in their contract or whatever they have presented to them, which is, you know, crazy to me. I think, if you put on a good enough fight, no matter if you win or lose, the performances what matters.
Speaker 1: And it's really what matters. So people wanna pay to see you fight. If you fight the good fights, that's what that's.
Speaker 2: What they're gonna pay.
Speaker 1: Says, They're gonna pay to see it.
Speaker 5: That's why payper view numbers used to be so high, because people are gonna pay.
Speaker 1: They want to see certain fights. They want to see them fights.
Speaker 2: Look at Mickey, look at Mickey Warden, Arturo Gotti. That was jam Pat lost, didn't matter. People still pay big money to see that because they know they were gonna get action. But now Lamont guys like, you know what, Yeah, if I fought Lamont, I can make fifteen mil. But if I fight this guy that I know I can whip, I can make ten. So why take the chance for extra five when I can get this can over here and I can whip it for ten? So I just give me a couple I give me five or ten, I'll give me five or ten a D ten million dollar fight. Why would I need to take a risk for two of those big fights?
Speaker 8: Do that? But then you got to think about that, Lama, I told uncle to night.
Speaker 7: We talked about this too, Right, Not only do certain people not want to take risks, but you want to build it up until you get to the really, really good fight. So if you got like you talk about the folk kings back then, back in the day, right and today's, if you got the best boxes right, and if all the best boxes fight each other right now and not have fight out the fight at the fight, and actually you build it so people want to actually actually want to watch and you can maximize your pay. That's a little different. Think about how long before Early and Bud actually four, Look.
Speaker 8: How long it took. Look how many fights they had because they was a build up to it.
Speaker 7: So from that standpoint, I kind of get it and understand you want to maximize your pay. You also nobody want to lose, but at some point they ain't gonna have no choice but to fight each other.
Speaker 2: You got time, you got to be right, But think about it, and Lama, you know this sugar Ray went the one sixty. The flight hide list went up. They he didn't come down, they went to him.
Speaker 1: They did because they.
Speaker 2: Very similar one thirty, one thirty five, they went up two C. Sugar Ray was one forty seven, went to one sixty. Packler Herris with one forty seven went to one sixty A.
Speaker 1: You're definitely right about that.
Speaker 2: That's middleweight and Ray, Ray.
Speaker 1: And Durant started at thirty five. So yeah, one of the most light ways to.
Speaker 2: Ever do it. Yeah, a lot of a lot of those guys started, Yes, a lot of those guys started there. O Joe thirty thirty five, Fort Floyd thirty thirty five, forty forty seven, and fort for uh De la Hoya at fifty four mm hmm, yeah, oh yeah. A lot of them got yeah and had pop Pacquia the novel the pacquyall started at that.
Speaker 7: One one six well and blew through and blew through everything a division champion.
Speaker 2: And you're not gonna see that, even even when you look at Armstrong, you look at all those guys, nobody's doing this again. Nobody's gonna do that. Yeah, I mean, basically you'd have to start it saying you'd have to start at like one forty and go to heavyweight to to try to clean out of everything the house that ain't that has not happening at all. I mean Roy come ye, Roy went from sixty sixty eight centy ten.
Speaker 1: Years straight middlewayweight.
Speaker 2: Roy was if Roy had had Roy just stayed there and not script the muscle that he put on to go to heavy because I think that took a lot out of him. That took too much out of him. He probably should have stayed. He probably should have never come back down or just took his time. But Roy won the title, couldn't get nobody else to fight, gave the title up and came back down, and he wasn't the same after Tarboro beat him that one time. He was never the same because he got started getting beat by fighters that Roy. Roy would have marked the floor inside of five rounds with him. Yeah, so what's next? Tank? I mean, excuse me? What's next? All of my what's next? After after this tank? After this tank? By you say you want to fight whoever the big money fight is? Who ate Lomo kill Femo handed Garcia? Who else?
Speaker 1: One thirty five?
Speaker 8: Right now?
Speaker 1: Keishaan Davis and Loma Chink.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's what that's that's who we're gonna be looking at after you know what I'm saying, After after I be tanked, after I be tanking and rematch. Uh you know, if them guys ain't available, then we gonna go to thirty and defend my one hundred and thirty pound championship.
Speaker 7: So listen, out of those three you just named, who would you prefer to fight first if you can't get all three, if if you had a preference.
Speaker 5: If I had a preference, I don't really got a preference I want I would. I would put a blindfold on and pick whichever one. It don't matter whatever I.
Speaker 2: Tell them, whoever want disass. That's why I disass. As a matter of fact, I tell you what. I tell you what Lomo, you gonna get it first, So you're gonna get it after I get tanked. When I get tanked, I'm gonna get you at the first of the year. He's your core. I'm gonna come see you in July and Keith Shan David Hey at the end of the year or twenty seven. I got your I got you, asked.
Speaker 1: With sound good to me? You am me sound real good, hey.
Speaker 2: Man, I appreciate it. Congratulations, great fight. It wasn't the outcome that you had hoped for because you trained for eight weeks, had a great camp and you put the time in to win. It didn't go his way, But who knows what's gonna happen July August when the next fight come around. Wish you the best and guess what, come back and join us again when the fight happened, and all we'll see what happens after that, Lamar. I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Appreciate I appreciate it. All right.
Speaker 8: I'm gon see, I'm gonnaee you in DC, no doubt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, get my contract. We bring you out for sure.
Speaker 2: All right, hey body, because you needed talk, you know. Yeah, that's what I want to do yet, Yep, that's what I would do. That what I want to hear, what I got.
Speaker 1: It on the night cap.
Speaker 2: That's what I need you to do.
Speaker 6: Record all right, all right, all right.
Speaker 2: Appreciate that a quarterback coach from a team drafted in the top seven refer to your door Sanders as brash and arrogant in his team interview.
Speaker 6: JR.
Speaker 2: Sena. Anderson posted a very lengthy, interesting post I'm not gonna read it all, but you guys can see it. Here we go with this again.
Speaker 6: Oh yoell, that's what that's what you want from your quarterback.
Speaker 4: Listen, don't change. You know else's brash?
Speaker 7: Can I tell you one quarterback who's brash, especially come out of college with the way he plays, the way he carried himself by the name of Baker Mayfield. You in number one two number Baker Mayfield was trash. Cam huh, Cam brash? Huh?
Speaker 4: You know who else's brash? Johnny Manziel was brash. You know now, all of a sudden, there's a problem with having confidence in yourself.
Speaker 6: He's not brash.
Speaker 7: It's about having confidence. It's believing in yourself and believing in the work that you've already put in. The resume speaks for yourself.
Speaker 6: Turn on the film.
Speaker 7: There's the reason he's talking the way he's talking. I believe I can come in to change the franchise. How was that brash for feeling that way? If you're not serious about changing your franchise and having a franchise changing the quarterback, I'm not the one for you. What's wrong with saying that when that's exactly what the teams are looking for. Someone with that type of confidence, not soft spoken.
Speaker 4: You are a leader of men coming in as a rookie to change the franchise, you.
Speaker 6: Have to be.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's just say, for the sake of argument, Joe, everything that he's said, everything that this coach said, that he's brashed, and he's arrogant. Can he play That's all I Can he play football? He's a football player. He's not into politics. Because the politics, you need to be likable. That's why people will vote for you in this situation. Can he play football? Okay?
Speaker 1: What art?
Speaker 2: Does he have? Any issues off the field? Do you worry about having to have your phone on ring the entire night? Are you worried about a if you see my player here, give me a call watch out for it? Is that any such thing that you can need to worry about. His dad would brash? I'm confused. At the end of the day. Can the guy play football? Can the guy? If you want a politician, if you want elite, a cub scout, someone that's gonna be in the church, Okay, fine, I get that. I want a football player. I want him to have good care. I don't care about the brashness. I don't care about all this stuff. I don't want them to get in trouble off the field. Although I understand that young kids will make mistakes because I was young, so I'm not here to condemn for a first time mistake. I just don't want to see a repeat offender. That's what gets That's what that's what I get upset about repeat offenders. But I don't have no problem with you doing I don't have no problem with any guy if that's what if that's what we're talking about. That's what we're about here.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 2: You have to understand a lot of times, oh Joe, you hey, we brag because we had to ay. We a lot of times we were playing against people that were bigger than us, older than us, and we did something good. We had to let them know. That's that's how we grew up.
Speaker 6: Every time, man, every time.
Speaker 7: But listen, it is I understand obviously, especially at the quarterback position, they want you to be and conduct yourself a certain way. They want you to be Palm Brady's the paid man to Drew Breeses. They want to lump everybody in the same category. They have to be a robot you have to be politically correct. You have to know how to talk, and you have to know how to answer questions. You have to know how to keep things in house. You have to know how to fall on the sword. But things don't go well, you got it.
Speaker 6: Put the blame.
Speaker 4: You put the blame on yourself.
Speaker 6: No, it's me. It all starts to me. Offensively. I have to play better.
Speaker 2: You know, when you win, we won. When you lose, you take the blame. That's the part about being the quarterback. That's the ownership. That's the ownership that one has to have. Oh Joe, this is what Jasina Anderson second paragraph, according to league sources said. Quarterback coach seems to have an issue with the culture of athletes who have broad faith and financial success before entering the NFL and their opinions appears to have to have them a problem with certain athletes. I'll leave it at that. This is how the pre draft evaluation can get jack because of evaluators don't seemingly possess the discernment to detect intangible traits that are connected to the will and drive to win without being a stat or delineate it delineated in an analytic report.
Speaker 6: That don't.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you're not, if you're not familiar with the said culture. See somebody from a different culture, if somebody from the Asian culture or the Jewish culture, I couldn't. But I know my culture. I know how we talked.
Speaker 8: That man.
Speaker 2: Think about it, and I've always said that. You've heard me say this numerous chime chat. What I respect so much about guys that parents that had money, his dad's time. He said, now I want your money. I want to do it myself. Peyton Manning parents have money. He said, Noah, I want to do this myself. Brownie James, dad is Lebron James. He said, nah, Dad, let me put the time in. That says something because a lot of times we see people kids of famous or well to do they don't have that kind of drive. It takes a special type of person to go up living in an ivory tower with mink slippers and phil Jamas say hey, I want to get out the mother like my dad or like my mom? Did everybody watch it like that?
Speaker 6: I got you.
Speaker 2: Push your door and his dad did everything. He put him in the right situation, had great coaches, had a cultivated relationship with Tom Tom would talk to your door, probably checked them out on film, probably work with him. What's wrong with that? Wouldn't we If every parent could be in a position to make sure they kid got the best the best teachers, the best coaches, the best physios, would we or would he or she not do that for their child?
Speaker 6: Absolutely, that's the whole point. That's the whole point in being a parent, being a phone of being a mother. That's what you that's what you want.
Speaker 2: I'm confused.
Speaker 6: Oh it goes without saying. But just for the sake of an argument, you have the other side that creates stuff like this. But don't care. Oh, he's not conducting himself the way the way we.
Speaker 2: Find that's your kid. You didn't raise it. Yeah, I love it. A situation that he's gonna get in trouble. Uh, he's he seemed very levelheaded to me. I know he's gonna be level headed because I know his dad. I know it's dad extremely well, and his dad jokes around. But they know he know nonsense. They know he know nonsense.
Speaker 6: That's what it is to have a business.
Speaker 7: When it's time for business and perfecting your craft and getting better at your craft, putting the work, the homework, the studying, the training.
Speaker 2: How many times you heard Time say I'm two things. I'm coaching Dad, but I'm dead first. Make no mistake about that. His kids are very, very of the utmost importance to it. He's always been this way. Y'all think he's this is time, this is who he is. Now he behaves a little different with you on the phone with me. But I don't get it. But you know what, O yo, hey, I guess I. Bucky Brooks responded, thanks for sharing the desina. Every year we watch high profile quarterbacks deal with the nonsense. No one expects your door Sanders to be perfect fit for every coach organization, but the unnecessary character attacks by NFL personnel and some media members with NFL backgrounds, It's garbage. These unflattering and unfounded remarks. Remarks haunt prospects beyond the pre draft process, including taining the fan based opinion before the players takes the field for a squad. It's stupid. It does. Perception is a person's reality.
Speaker 6: Wait, whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa.
Speaker 9: You ain't finna get it. You ain't finna get away with that one. Hold on now, all right, somebody stole up you know you travel that travel with that man.
Speaker 2: Reception is a person's reality, but perception is not always the truth.
Speaker 8: Were you in your bag?
Speaker 6: Wait a minute? Perception is not always the truth.
Speaker 2: It's uh. Look, he's been dealing with this his whole life because guess what he's been Dione Sander's son. He's been dealing with this his whole life. He's gonna deal with it for the rest of his life, no matter what occupation. That precedes him for the longest time. And I still get it. I'm Sterling Sharpe's little brother. They be in the airport. I said, bro, you loud and wrong. Yeah, but you're close you with that boy?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I just hey when they called me like, yeah, yeah, you played for Green Bay No, I played for them, but oh yeah, that's right. You're the one that played with farm No. I played with el Way. But okay, but go ahead, keep it going. Hey.
Speaker 6: They they used to they still do what to be used to?
Speaker 2: They still do. I like, bro, oh yo, kids, when they tell me, man, y'all don't look nothing to like I said, my brother, not my dad. Hey, what the hell?
Speaker 8: Hey?
Speaker 4: You know, you know people people today still and most of the time it's women most of the time as women is very funny. Obviously they're fans of fans of me, and they confused me and TiO all the time, and I mean sometimes they missed. I'm not sure how you mistake me for Tyo. Till was about two inches taller and about he got about forty forty pounds on me. You know, he six three by two thirty.
Speaker 7: Like, I mean, I'm confused. Now, you know, I'm I'm one good looking brother. I'm one good looking brother. Now I'm not saying my brother from another mother is is ugly and nothing. But he don't look like this, so I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: Now, my sister and I we look alike. You look at my sister and you tell, okay, they brother and sister my brother. My brother looks just like my mom. Me and my sister look like my dad. But it's okay. But I understood that growing up. Won't you imagine? I got a brother that's three years older, so he's a I'm a freshman, he's a senior. He's good at everything. Naturally, Bro, you ain't gonna be like your brother. You can't ride run your brother.
Speaker 6: Okay, don't like that. That ain't number motivation though, you know hearing that Amber motivation. Hey, let me tell you something.
Speaker 1: What you think you doing?
Speaker 6: Have to deal with being I can't do that. You can't do that.
Speaker 4: Well, maybe you could do that at the HPEC whatever, but you can't do it.
Speaker 6: So he goes to Colorado.
Speaker 4: You know, he gets done there.
Speaker 2: What do you say?
Speaker 7: You're still hearing all the chirps and the terms and all the negativity. Now draft process, you're showing your confidence based on the work that you've been putting in for who knows how long. Now they tenue to change because they don't like the way you conduct yourself. Because you believe in yourself, you have confidence. We talked about Travis Hunter in his comparison to play both ways in the NFL, comparing it to shay Ho sh Otani. What are we talking about? What are we talking about? It's okay, that's the confidence. That's what you need to be great at whatever it is you do. It doesn't even have to be sports, it.
Speaker 6: Doesn't have to be football.
Speaker 7: But the kind of confidence that your door has, the kind of confidence that Travis Hunter has it's okay to be like that because that type of confidence is what had driven them to the point where they are in life.
Speaker 2: Because guess what. So he went to HBCU, he lit it up. Oh he should he had an HBCU. He go to Colorado, he lights it up. Oh conference, You see, I can't win. I can't win. How does he win? How does he win?
Speaker 1: On Joe?
Speaker 2: He goes to an HBCU. Does what he does? You say the level of competition? Now he goes to a D one and now you say, what the conference was weak?
Speaker 7: Now when he gets to the NFL, I wonder what's going to be the excuse? Then when he comes in and actually changes the franchise around. Same thing with Cam Wore. Can Wore is a little different. Can Warre's approach to the game and the way he conduct conducts himself. It's a little different. Everybody is different personal, he's different. All won't be the same.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want so do they TV?
Speaker 6: Because I show listen, I wasn't that.
Speaker 2: I'm joking.
Speaker 6: I'm talking and walking, but I'm talking to walking.
Speaker 2: Yes. Quinn Yours says he is the best quarterback in the draft. Overcame and should door I think I'm the best in the class and the most ready for an NFL and most ready for the NFL because of what I've been through. I think I'm the most ready for the situations that occur in the NFL. Injuries, playing through tough injuries, having a big name behind you, continue to play through that amount of pressure, continue to be confident after being bitched. It's hard to do. I matured a lot, and then all the injuries I had to deal with and come back from, I wouldn't trade it. It's the reality of the position. Stuff's gonna go wrong, and I have a plan of attack for pretty much any situation that can arise.
Speaker 8: I like it. You got to be a ob seated. There we go.
Speaker 7: Once again, he's spewing it in a different light. He's spewing the same type of confidence and brashness that they're talking about that you do or did, but in a different way. He just spinning it in a different way. Use in his history, his past experience. I telling you why he's available as the best player ahead of the two that might be in front of him. That's very brash. Why are you telling us that same thing?
Speaker 6: The delivery is.
Speaker 2: Just different every player, every player in the draft, believe they're the best player in the draft. He did go through a lot. He went to Ohio State, couldn't get on the field. He leaves and go to Texas. He came with much fanfare, got booed, they wanted arts. Yeah, he had to play through injuries. Yeah, he's gone through a lot. Now you have to I mean, you have to be resilient. You have to be able to come partmentalize. They're gonna love you one week, hate you the next. But you have to believe. Have a strong belief in yourself. O Jo. That's the number one thing. Never let him take your confidence, even all the bulls, even if you get benched. You made it this far. You made it this far to give up, to quit because now you have a little bit more adversity that you've ever gone through.
Speaker 6: Nah, listen it take on your mental too, you know. Do you take a totally mentally Oh yeah, for sure, especially at the at the quarterback position. Oh my goodness, Oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: Well I wish mister EWR is the best of luck. Oh you're a fan. Posted a picture of sam where with Sammy soci this weekend and it's gone viral, but then let's go viral. Yes, Sammy, yeah, Oh you're trying to say what you want? Sammy?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: No they say, they say, Sammy, he's black again.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I saw that earlier.
Speaker 7: I thought somebody played around and photoshopped the picture, because how do you go from bleaching skin black again?
Speaker 2: Man, Sammy looked like them look like the way brother the white chick.
Speaker 8: He done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sam darker?
Speaker 8: What happened?
Speaker 7: I think you listen, Once you stop bleaching yourself, doesn't your doesn't your normal pigmentation too much?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 2: He was probably on the abbit that alterica. You youn't remember them bleaching creams. They used to be bleaching cream Hey, anybody anybody my age older, nobody them bleaching creams. There was ultra, there was abby, there was no zema, and there's esoterica. Anybody nobody them?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: I been our light skinned was a time, won't you.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: Nah. I've been black my whole life, even when it wasn't popular back in the eighties, because you know, back then it was popular all Joe, It wasn't populative like the night is where Michael Jordan hit, Wesley Snipes hit because you know you had a head barge brothers. You had a l and Chico the barge. You had al be sure you had all the all them brother with the good hair and the skin.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So nah, I've been black by popular man since sixty.
Speaker 6: Eight, same same sind seventy two.
Speaker 2: Glad that you're back, Sammy, Oh Joe. Granny says, don't come back over unless you bringing back her containers. My grandma said, don't bother coming over if you don't bring back her containers.
Speaker 4: Granny, don't play by that tumplewear. Now you talk about tumpawb.
Speaker 2: Yeah, somebody took my tumpleware and just want to take their time and just.
Speaker 4: Oh they ain't being your tump web band.
Speaker 2: I did that for a couple of months, te about you. Well you know I got Yeah, I know you got it, but I want it. What I'm gonna put my food in my hands, So you want me to store my food like they said, put my hands in the freeze on.
Speaker 7: Uh my girl, I ain't play about her tuperwear. Boy with damn, she ain't play about and she got to use and take her lunch to the work man and please.
Speaker 2: Man, we just put we ain't have no tuberwar like that, man, we put looming and fall on top of everything. You we had no lids, hey, y'all had all Maybe y'all did we ain't have no lids in the seventies and eighties. Food just be all out or you put looming and fall over the top of it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I bet, I bet, I bet you have. I bet you didn't. You didn't keep your grease and the and in.
Speaker 2: The coffee and the coffee right on the right on the stove.
Speaker 6: Oh no, we don't.
Speaker 4: We don't live the same life.
Speaker 6: Hey.
Speaker 2: Like I said, I ain't know nothing. I ain't nobody no tuberwar. We ain't have no tuberwear. I mean we had. You know, our drinking glass was old, great jar, was a great jelly jar, a man a jar, hot water break this thing off the side of it. You ain't brought no drinking glasses.
Speaker 6: Same same, same, yep and all those things.
Speaker 2: Like I said, I ain't know nothing about this until I got the till I was in the NFL, I ain't know nothing about no tupperware. I heard people mention it, But we didn't have that. Like I said, my grandma put looming them for Hey, cover that dish, boy, looming them for cover it up.
Speaker 7: Hey, I'm just thinking about breakfast man back in the days. I don't know if you look quaker Olds creak oats open listen. I remember my granddaddy man either I asked for two things for breakfast, are either.
Speaker 6: Quack Olds oat meal or creama wheat. I don't know if you remember Queen mariet And he would use the evaporated milk. Yeah, I know, the white can.
Speaker 2: I didn't know you weren't supposed to drink that milk. I didn't know you wasn't supposed to drink it. I didn't know that you supposed it blends you make, you make cakes and stuff with that. I didn't know you weren't supposed to drink it. But I want to me and my brace to wonder, like, man, why are we every time we drinking his milk? Our stomached be tore up?
Speaker 1: It's too damn thick.
Speaker 2: I don't know what I was. That's all we had. Hey, we get some get some water, and that came milk. My grandma said, hey, boy, drink somebody now, And uh, it had to be The milk had to be really spoiled. I mean it almost had to be claver. You know what claver is like, it's coagulated. Now, if it was like that, it wasn't drinking. But hey, if it's just a little smell, Oh you got to go into cereal. You got going up in here. Hey, my girma like you be okay boy back dude, but uh yeah, my grandma wouldn't. Hey, you're gonna be told the dish out there with looming the fall over, you weren't getting no troublewaar so, so you were good.
Speaker 4: The volume
Speaker 5: M hm