Speaker 1: Hey, welcome to the Second Date Podcast. Thank you so much for being here. We don't normally do this, but you are really special to us. So Jose is going to give out his personal phone number right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay if you need to call him, so text seven eight nine two.
Speaker 3: Okay, show's textboard.
Speaker 4: If you're lonely, you can text us. I'm on it all night long.
Speaker 3: Okay. Yeah, so you're on it more than your own phone texting. Basically, I mean it's a better way to reach him. That's all we're saying. And don't forget.
Speaker 1: We've got forty five more minutes a full show, an hour long.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, can you take that much?
Speaker 1: If you want it, go for it. It's over at the Brook and Jeffrey main podcast feed. But right now we're all about the second Date, so.
Speaker 3: Let's get it started.
Speaker 4: Second Date up dated.
Speaker 2: Normally, when we do these second date calls, people are asking for help with the person they went out with a few days ago, maybe a couple of weeks back, sometimes even up to a month. Yeah, and they're disappointed the other person isn't responding. But one of our listeners, Bo says he wants to reconnect with a girl through us that he hasn't seen or spoken to in almost two years. WHOA, So this is probably going to be interesting. I'm curious to know what the story is. Yeah, bo, welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: Hey, thanks guys.
Speaker 2: Now, I understand playing hard to get, but it's a little extreme.
Speaker 1: So you guys wait two days to call I wait two years.
Speaker 4: Well I wait that long to reach out.
Speaker 5: Well, let me give you a little bit of background. Okay, So this happened when I was on vacation in Mexico two years ago, and she was also on vacation. She was there with a friend. I was there with a group of buddies. It was a cabo and the whole place kind of had these like spring break vibes.
Speaker 2: Okay, so this is already a lot different than a lot of the second days where we do where people are meeting on apps and stuff.
Speaker 4: You're meeting on a spring break basically.
Speaker 5: Yeah. So we go into this one bar and I see these two girls that are sitting down at the other end of the bar. One of them I thought was really cute. They seemed like kind of out of place because they weren't partying like crazy like everybody else boo.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So they were entering the wet t shirt contest. They were just taure themselves.
Speaker 5: They were having a cocktail. They were being chill, you know, and I like that because I wasn't going too hard either.
Speaker 3: Jeff so bored right now.
Speaker 2: Well, now someone has to babysit. I understand you responsible people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's a good point too. So did you go talk to him? I assume, yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So I go over there, I sit down and start talking to Sheila. Yeah, and we sort of bonded over that we were both the two lame ones in this crazy groom.
Speaker 4: It's kind of funny.
Speaker 5: So we talk, you know, we learned like where we're from, and like it turns out we're staying at the same hotel.
Speaker 1: Okay, whoa are you guys from the same city or no?
Speaker 3: I mean, are we going to try to get a hold of her across the country.
Speaker 5: She's from a different state. She's from a different state.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, interesting, Okay.
Speaker 5: I don't know what I was thinking. I was just I was into this girl, and so I told her my room number. We part ways stay good night. Middle of the night, he calls my room.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly what you were hoping for me.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, but it didn't turn out that way. So she called the room. She is freaking out. Why, he tells me there's like these drunk dudes that are banging on her door and scaring her and a friend.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that's scary. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So I get dressed, I go to her room.
Speaker 4: You went good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're just gonna go back to bed.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to intervene. I'm gonna get like hotel security or something. I don't want to get involved.
Speaker 3: That is a smart thing to do, is hotel security.
Speaker 1: One dude against a group of men, like, you're not gonna do jack.
Speaker 3: Like that.
Speaker 2: How many bones did you break bo when you went and tried to stop the drunk guys?
Speaker 5: Well, no bones were broken. There were. There were like four or five dudes, and they were just being told. I guess that they'd like seen them earlier in the day in the room, and.
Speaker 3: They were scary.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was super weird. So I go down and I tell them to get the hell out of there. They did.
Speaker 4: They left nice.
Speaker 3: Okay, I bet she was so grateful. Did you talk to her?
Speaker 5: She was, yeah, you know, she of course heard the whole thing. Through the doors. She liked that, and she asked she could come back to my room. She did, and then we ended up making out.
Speaker 2: Yeah you did, You're a hero.
Speaker 5: It was a good makeout, Sesson. But that's it. That's all we did.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's cute.
Speaker 5: So I got her number and that was it. But the thing is, I didn't see her the rest of the trip at all, Like I tried, but either she wasn't in a room when I tried calling a room, or she didn't. She never texts to be back. And I called her one time after I got back home and she didn't pick up and I left her voicemail and that was that. And I was two years ago.
Speaker 3: Are you sure she was single?
Speaker 1: You know, like she got wrapped up in the moment she only kissed you, and then she was just like, oh my god, I did something terrible that.
Speaker 4: Happened on Brooks last Mexican and my husband.
Speaker 3: Was with me.
Speaker 4: Yes, awkward.
Speaker 3: Did you ask her if she was single?
Speaker 5: Well, no, No, it just sort of assumed if she wasn't, she wasn't going to do anything.
Speaker 6: Two years now, so even if she got single, she's and.
Speaker 4: I think the rule in Cancun is everybody is single.
Speaker 3: He was in Cabo.
Speaker 4: Oh well that's a different that's a whole different business.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they have a different rules.
Speaker 2: This is crazy, though, because you haven't seen or spoken to her in two years, and now we're going to reach out randomly out of the blue to see if she remembers you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how are we going to say? Like Nick from Cobo? Do you think that's it?
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, his name's Bo, so that maybe she also had a Nick in Cobo. Maybe that's why she's calling.
Speaker 2: Oh no, she's like, oh my god, love, that's the one that Brooke made out with on her family Vaca.
Speaker 5: Sorry, okay, no, I you know, look, I know it's a long shot. It was so long ago, but I figure if anybody can do it, you guys can.
Speaker 3: So okay. And she wasn't drinking, so she should remember. I think she was drinking. She wasn't drinking as hard.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, it wasn't like that.
Speaker 5: She wasn't crazy like that.
Speaker 4: She was No, she was just injecting stuff. It was fine. So we're gonna come back.
Speaker 2: We'll call Sheila and try and get you your second date update two years after you last saw her, right after this she's still in right now.
Speaker 4: Hold on second date update.
Speaker 1: You're in the middle of a second date update update, and we're gonna find out how the couple is doing right after you here Part two.
Speaker 2: For most young single people, a trip to Tabo is all about tequila shops, wet t shirt contests.
Speaker 4: Getting your wallet stolen on the beach, right one.
Speaker 3: But I have my passport in that.
Speaker 2: She's not an authentic Mexican trip if you're not robbed somehow. But that wasn't the case for our listener Bo. The only things from him was his heart when he met a woman.
Speaker 4: Named Sheila at a bar there two years ago.
Speaker 2: And the craziest part, they were both sober when this all happened.
Speaker 3: Sober ish, Jeff. They both were drinking cocktails. They just weren't as wasted as their friends.
Speaker 2: Even still, that's shocking, and BoA's thought about her ever since that trip has never been able to reach her. That's why he wants us to try and do it for him today.
Speaker 1: I don't know that we asked what motivated you to finally take this step.
Speaker 5: I'm not getting any younger.
Speaker 4: Tell her that destination hits us all at some point.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're just gonna go with the more romantic version of that story you have. Yeah, okay, here we go. I'm dialing Sheila right now. Hello, Hi, we're looking for Sheila.
Speaker 7: Uh yeah, this is she who's calling.
Speaker 4: It's okay. You don't have to be afraid.
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't know. This would be such a weird call to get.
Speaker 2: We're just a friendly morning radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 3: Hey, Sheila, Hey, uh hi.
Speaker 2: We're trying to help out one of our listeners with a segment called second Date Update.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, and this is.
Speaker 2: A guy that you met two years ago on a trip to Mexico.
Speaker 3: While she says, wow, yeah, you're in Cabo.
Speaker 7: Yeah that was that was a long time ago. Who oh, oh my god, Oh my god.
Speaker 4: So there's this guy named Bo that a little bit.
Speaker 7: Oh my god. Yes, that was such a long time ago.
Speaker 6: I hadn't really thought about this guy forever.
Speaker 1: Oh that's okay, Well now you're thinking about him now.
Speaker 3: You sound you sound happy that the memory.
Speaker 7: Kind of, but like, so much has happened since then. Okay, okay, what is this about.
Speaker 2: Well, this whole segment is about seeing if you remembered Bo because I don't know if you know this, but after your trip ended, both said, he tried to reach you.
Speaker 8: Right right, Yeah, But like back then, everything was so complicated.
Speaker 3: I mean it you were in a relationship, weren't you.
Speaker 7: I was engaged at the time.
Speaker 1: Oh god, Oh my god, girl, Wait does that when you're married?
Speaker 3: Are you married? No?
Speaker 7: I was engaged with two guys actually at the same time, so casually, okay.
Speaker 6: So like back then, I was a hot met and I did a study abroad in Italy and I met this guy and we hit it off and he ended up proposing, and I said yes because I felt bad.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, you said yes because you felt bad?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yes, I mean I was leaving and I was like, yeah, I'll marry you, and then, you.
Speaker 7: Know, I laughed, and then I never talked to him again.
Speaker 2: Oh that's one proposal. How did the where is the second proposal?
Speaker 8: So I leave Italy and I go home to my other boyfriend.
Speaker 7: I guess you.
Speaker 8: Missed me, and he proposed and I, you know, I said yes.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wow. So then you went Tacabbo while you're engaged to two men and made out with Bo.
Speaker 8: Yes, which made things even more complicated, and I felt so horrible about it.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, you're lucky Bowden proposed to you, because you probably would have said yes to that too.
Speaker 6: Maybe maybe in my life.
Speaker 3: So wait, did you end up getting married to anyone?
Speaker 8: I know they both fell through like karma eventually caught up to me.
Speaker 7: I guess.
Speaker 2: Wait, okay, so what's your relationship status now?
Speaker 7: I'm dating someone.
Speaker 2: It's nothing serious, just casual relationship with my husband.
Speaker 4: It's like, not that scenious.
Speaker 1: It's hard, I mean, honestly though, it's hard to trust you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it is, I guess, But I told you the truth. I'm an open book.
Speaker 2: Now, Okay, why would you make up all that embarrassing stuff about yourself?
Speaker 5: I believer?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well you know what, that is definitely kind of an embarrassing story. It's nice that you were able to tell us the truth here. So now it's our turn to tell you the truth. The truth is we want to help you bring back some of your past right now, by that terrible fling, bow is on the phone right now, listening to this conversation, wanting to talk to you.
Speaker 7: All right, should I hang up.
Speaker 5: Here?
Speaker 4: Are you there?
Speaker 5: I am here?
Speaker 1: Yes, But you're acted like BO is going to be excited after hearing all of that, Like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Bo, that was that was a lot.
Speaker 5: Uh So let me get this straight. So when we hung out two years ago, you were engaged to two different guys, one of whom you weren't even really talking to anymore.
Speaker 7: Well, right, I'm no longer talking to any of them. But Hi, by the way, Hi, it's.
Speaker 5: Very good to hear your voice. And I really like hanging out with you. And I know it's crazy because, like you said, literally all we did was make out one night. But I just I can't. I can't stop thinking about you. And uh, I guess.
Speaker 7: You're still thinking about me?
Speaker 3: Did you just laugh?
Speaker 5: Wait? Of night? And I mean, but like, can I ask did you even like me?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 5: Were you actually into me? Or was this just a nothing thing?
Speaker 7: Or I mean I liked you enough to make out with you? I mean, this is a lot right now.
Speaker 2: It's hard because you were You weren't just the other guy, Bo, you were the other other guys.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you were, you were mister right now, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: It hurts so bad, but it's true.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 7: It's really sweet of you. I I thought about.
Speaker 2: You, and he's gone, like he's gone through all of this effort reaching out to our show that this is a pretty complicated process in order to get this done.
Speaker 4: Well, think about it.
Speaker 2: He kept her number for years just in case, hoping he could use it.
Speaker 1: Number who deletes a contact? I mean that happened, friend.
Speaker 5: I mean sorry, I guess I was just gonna sort of ask Sheila, you know, I mean I I did take in the fact that you were single. Yes, that did register with me, and.
Speaker 3: I yeah, it wasn't like fully single.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I guess in this whole scenario, kind of single is essentially single.
Speaker 1: Yeah, taboe casually in a relationship?
Speaker 4: Sure, no, no, no single Baker.
Speaker 5: I guess I was just gonna say, like, this whole thing has been the biggest long shot ever. And I know we don't live in the same city and all that, and I don't know about logistics or any of that stuff, but like, would you be open to like some kind of a long distance.
Speaker 2: Dating thing, And if you're open to that idea of possibly making it work, then we would love to help facilitate that by paying for your official first date, I mean, not the fause.
Speaker 1: I've also been told long distance relationships don't need too much trust.
Speaker 3: It's very might be just their type.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Sheila, you've had two failed proposals, but the third times the charm is what they say.
Speaker 3: Rush to that.
Speaker 4: Okay, She'll say yes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, lesser casual relationship proposes first.
Speaker 7: You know what I say, Let's give it a shot.
Speaker 3: I bet.
Speaker 4: Fanusiastic. Yeah good, I'd like to follow up. So we're getting rid of the side guy right by.
Speaker 7: The time we go on a day, he'll be history. Don't worry about it.
Speaker 5: The great. Thank you guys.
Speaker 2: Congratulations Bo, you're mister right now again.
Speaker 4: Yah'll take it.
Speaker 3: Take freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Last we left Sheila and Bow they were talking about trying a long distance relationship once she was free from all of the other men that she was actively dating and engaged too.
Speaker 1: Honestly, out of all the update updates we've done, I am most shocked that they're on the phone with us right now.
Speaker 4: It's crazy.
Speaker 3: It would have never Wow.
Speaker 4: So Sheila and Bow are back. Where are you guys at now?
Speaker 7: Where divorced?
Speaker 1: You married and divorced in the time since we've talked to you.
Speaker 8: Yes, actually we went back to Cabo where we met and we had a couple of wild nights and we got hitched.
Speaker 3: Wait is he on the phone too?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm here honestly to be totally frank with you. I don't know what the hell is going on, but I'm into it.
Speaker 4: Are you guys completely separated?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 7: No, no, no, no no.
Speaker 8: We we came back from Hobo.
Speaker 5: I realized that too soon.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, yeah, we jumped into it too soon. But you know, we're still men with each other. We're still dating.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you.
Speaker 2: Met him well, engaged to someone else, broke up with them, married and then divorced bo, and now you're happily dating each other.
Speaker 3: I think was engaged to two people.
Speaker 4: Okay, engaged to multiple other people.
Speaker 7: I mean, no need to bring that up.
Speaker 5: But okay, I mean technically she was now engaged to three people.
Speaker 4: You know, the relationship is all over the place.
Speaker 7: I mean, it's it's our story. It's not for everyone, you know, it's okay.
Speaker 1: I gotta say, it's gonna be great at any sort of dinner party.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean other than that, it's your normal boy meets girls story. But you know, thank you for taking the time to come on.
Speaker 4: And give us an update. You two and divorce in the marriage.
Speaker 2: Do you have an open invite to like the next wedding or divorce or whatever, like just something's gonna happen with you.
Speaker 8: Like they're not very playing.
Speaker 1: It's brooken Jeffrey in the Morning, Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning,