Speaker 1: Misspelling with Tory Spelling and iHeartRadio podcast. Hello and welcome to the very first episode of Misstepping with Tory Spelling.
Speaker 2: And about Easton Allen.
Speaker 1: Hi, I supposed to say your name. I don't know. I don't know the etiquette for this. I don't know. We're winging it. This is our first show, it's our first dance, as it were. Oh it is, and I just made a misstep. Thanks too. There's a lot of fun. There's no take two on live TV. We're talking about Dancing with the Stars. Season thirty four premiered last night.
Speaker 2: That's right, this is a this is I watched last season because of you. So this I'm new to Dancing with the Stars, but I'm really excited about this. It's a lot of fun. I found myself getting so into the judges reactions last night, getting like really emotional, and then like I found myself becoming a dance expert. After like the third the third couple, I was like, gray were really off time for that one. Okay, I don't think they deserved a seven.
Speaker 1: You know what. From going from being in the ballroom and being like, oh, what do you mean? It was so great? I went to doing the same, like I was suddenly watching the TV being like, no, oh, my gosh. All I can say is I always say like because of my nerves, I turned down Dancing with the Stars for thirty two seasons. I finally did it the thirty third season. I'm glad I didn't say no thirty three and come on thirty four because I would have been it's double elimination next week. No one got eliminated last night, and I feel like I would have been like peacocking it off with Andy Richter instead of Anna Delby because I wouldn't have sustained. Well, I don't know what to say. Let's just go to the finals like everyone's great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's not fair.
Speaker 1: This is not a fair show anymore. This is not for the common folk anymore, like me.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, this is really exciting. It's your twentieth season, which is our twentieth year. Sorry, it's the it's the thirty fourth season, twentieth anniversary of Dancing with the Stars. I mean, what a legacy. It's crazy. Before we jump into it, Tori, I have a question for you, and I'm sorry if you've answered this before, but I found myself wondering like when you pick, you pick the song that you're going to dance to, but do they give you like a list of approved songs, Like how does that work? Or can you pick any song?
Speaker 1: You can't just pick any song you can. They ask you what you want to dance to, and you tell them your favorite song and they will try to clear it. And sometimes there's reasons that they can't clear songs, or if another contestant is dancing to it already, but they do help you out and the music department is unbelievably talented. And I found last season that they got to know me and my energy and my spirit super quick and they would suggest songs and I'd be like, oh my gosh, yeah, that's right where I want to be, That's what I was going to say. So it was really helpful. And as we move on, you'll see there's specific nights.
Speaker 2: I know, next week is One Hit Wonder Week, which I felt I was like, man, what if someone finds that's a an artist finds out there One Hit Wonder is their song is on that episode. But I was curious to you, like, if you wanted a dance to, like the All in the Family theme song, Like would they let you do it or it.
Speaker 1: Has to be like that was so oddly specific yet very because I think.
Speaker 2: That's what I would want to do.
Speaker 1: Wait, what was the Hall in the Family song? Oh?
Speaker 2: Great? Well, and now I can't put me on the spot. It's those were the days and you know who you were then, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, sure, I guess. So what they what they do tell you and they encourage you, is you want to pick songs that are relevant that you know, not just because I went in wanting to pick like all eighty songs because that's my jam, and they were like, well, you you can, but you want to be relevant to like the new demo that's watching Dancing of the Stars and voting, and so you want to pick something that kind of everyone will know, which might not be all in the family. You know, Hey, hey, we want to keep everybody on their o. My favorite is different strokes the world don't move to the beat just once. Anyway.
Speaker 2: Uh well, this was a really fun episode to watch, the first the first episode, shall we I mean, shall we get into it?
Speaker 1: Shall we dive in?
Speaker 2: Okay? So that opening number so much fun. Love seeing all the pros back on the floor dance and together they really showing their stuff, not being bogged down by these celebrities that they have to, you know, keep up with.
Speaker 1: I know they can. It's like it's like triple to speed.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is what they can really do. But we start with Jordan Chiles and Ezra sosa Uh an Olympian, and they danced to Break My Soul by Beyonce.
Speaker 1: Olympians usually do pretty well.
Speaker 2: On this show.
Speaker 1: I have found historically duh, it's not fair. Yeah, and I feel it's not. Well, obviously their strength, all of their moves, they can do their gymnastic flips, but it's also their stamina, like they perform in front of millions. Yeah, so like they have no fear. This is nothing for them. So it's really unfair, I think, even though they will say when they come in like oh my god, I've never done this before, it's just yeah.
Speaker 2: Also, if there's any class of person Dancing with the Stars that is prepared to do something and then have men hold up a card of one to ten or something like, it's an Olympian, they're ready for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, they were great.
Speaker 2: There's a one foot spin that I really liked in that dance. A lot of flips, a lot of tricks. Derek did not think they incorporated enough salsa in those moves, and they each scored five or total of ten for that first dance.
Speaker 1: I'm not salsified enough to know there is enough sulf in that dance. But I got to say, like Ezra was with Anna Delby last year and he went home first. Ezra, I love friends with him. He's an amazing human, amazing dancer, and it was his first season last year, so it is nice that this year he has an Olympian. You know, Anna is a good dancer. I think she's a really good dancer, and she was working really hard and learning, but she went home. Re really liked me.
Speaker 2: But we should know like great, oh yeah, yeah, this is gonna be a lot of fun to watch them. And we should note that Carrie Anne was sick or arouse last night. So the only two judges we have Bruno and Derek Huff And.
Speaker 1: I never missed her presence, more like, yes, it really was glaring that, you know, the boys had to hold their ground and it was like, oh I missed her.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, sir. Absence was palpable, and I really hope she's back next week.
Speaker 1: Because I like that.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you, that's a ten point word there. Now we're going to move on. This is clearly, I think an early fan favorite. Dylan Ephron and Daniella Karra Gosh, oh, I'm saying her last name right, but uh yeah. They danced a Chotshot and Milkshake by Calise so good.
Speaker 1: I'm just going to go right out and say he's hot.
Speaker 2: He's so hot. Oh my god, he's.
Speaker 1: I thought the other on lit was hot, but he's the smoke and Ephron, he really is.
Speaker 2: My wife was watching and she doesn't know a lot of these people, and she was like, oh god. She was like fanning herself. And I've had the joy of meeting him in person, and he's just a beautiful human being and he's a cool guy. It's like a nice guy, great energy. I love how he started off.
Speaker 1: Did you say you've met him?
Speaker 2: I've met him, yes, Oh, and he's great. He's beautiful in person. He's really nice, really low key. I think he's great. I'm a big Dylan Efron supporter.
Speaker 1: How old is Dylan Ephron.
Speaker 2: Dylan Ephron is I know this at the top of my head, but he's roughly he is thirty.
Speaker 1: Three years old. Perfect. Is he single?
Speaker 2: I believe he has a girlfriend, but let me just confirm that for you.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, now that I'm now that I'm not married and single. I asked this question a lot, and I sound like that person that like creepy person, like, oh he's I'm that person. And now I didn't mean that. Sorry, dylanough uh well, slide into dance. Okay. So Daniella the past seasons has gotten. She was with Dwight Howard last season, who was seven feet tall. Daniella comes in at five foot two, and I think that's the Hollywood version. I don't know. She is a tiny, petite powerhouse. Yes. And the season before I am blinking on who she had won. They won, or it was it two seasons ago. She always gets these athletes, is my point, that are super tall, and she has to come up with all these crazy things. And she said to me. I saw her a few months ago and she was joking and she said, oh my gosh. She goes, I said, please give me someone normal height this season, and she said, I love my past partners. But she said to Cat, I hope I get someone that is more my height. And she got such a hot guy that I'm like, whoa, I'm nervous for Pasha.
Speaker 2: So the year before, I mean I would be nervous too.
Speaker 1: But I'm just kidding. They are so good together, and they just renewed their vows right before the season, so I have no fear there. But they are like one of those couples that you want to like feel the energy between the chemistry.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, they're both such beautiful people too. So she had Dwight Howard last year. The year before she had Jason Maraz who comes in at five foot nine, and then well, okay, but the year before that she had Joseph I got home stands last name, right, But Bayena, it's Arnold Schwarzenegger's son.
Speaker 1: So I'm just shitting the bed here left and right saying that every year she gets an athlete that's sixless.
Speaker 2: I mean, Arnold Schwarzenegger's son. He's not a He's no slouch, you know, he's a pretty athletic guy. But yeah, this is gonna be a lot of another fun couple to watch. I'm really excited to see more from Danielle and Dylan Ephron. But each scored five.
Speaker 1: Each judge gave him five points, so total ten. Well here's the thing, he's never performed ever, which whoa like this is? Well, I don't know his background. I know he won Traders, he went.
Speaker 2: Traders and he's like a so he does all of stuff on social media. He's not an actor.
Speaker 1: He's not an actor okay, yeah, not performer. So yeah, when he said he's never performed ever, oh my god, he's a real person just like me. He's smoking hot and can of rip that shirt off and show that six pack, seven pack, eight pack? I don't know whatever he had. I didn't care about his feet. I was looking there, you know, so it didn't matter. But yeah, you could tell he was nervous. You could tell. And they said this, you know that he has to work on kind of more. What did they say? The performance of it. I loved his butt shake, of course, Bruno said that, but his timing and everything, but he'll get there.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, I think they're one to watch. Oh yes, absolutely definitely. Next up, we have Elaine Hendrix and Alan Burnston. And she was she's from the Parent Trap. You would recognize her as the stem home from the Parent Trap. And she was a dancer like she started out as a pro dancer. Yeah, full on, and you can see those skills in her performance. A lot of parent trap stuff in that first dance. I mean she was wearing a hat similar to the one she wore in the movie. She did the secret handshake. That was really fun to like when that handshake came out, I jumped up and pointed the screen. I had a lot of fun with that. Yeah, Derek was stunned by that performance.
Speaker 1: He loved it. Now, I have a question, when you have like a secret trick in your bag, do you feel like you should pull it out the first show because everyone's thinking, okay, parent trap, is she going to do the handshake? And she did, but then she's like put her best foot forge we haven't gotten to it. But Corey Feldman did the same thing. We were all waiting for it. Is he going to do Michael Jackson? And he did, so it's like, okay, but they're not being eliminated this week. They're getting scored this week. I don't know. I might have waited to pull those things out a little.
Speaker 2: Bit earlier on see I think that was a calculated move. I mean Baron Davis, NBA player, he comes out with like a bit assla basketball, you know, I think they have to. I think right out the gate they should do that to remind the audience like this is we have a relationship, remember you know the parent trap. We're going to be run this together.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: That's kind of because I thought that too, as like, oh, they're all kind of like, you know, pardon the phrase, they're all blowing their load like really early in terms of like their little tricks.
Speaker 1: That's exactly it.
Speaker 2: But but I think I think in this case it's probably and like you said, there's no eliminations this week, so like maybe they won't have a chance to do that if they're going to wait till the later.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean, so so we're saying not to go back to me at all. I should have done like Donna Martin graduates in cap and gown and then take it off. And I should have done it at the first show. See. I brought that up to Pasha and I was like, do we pull that out? And he's like, no, you want to see if you're interesting at all, you're going to do that. And we didn't know if I was. You want to save that.
Speaker 2: Because I did like that there wasn't any like nine o two and zero stuff in your in your dance, your first dance, Like I kind of liked that, like, you know, there wasn't like a you know, they didn't have the beach house on the on the set or anything like that. You know, like it was like because it was like, oh, this is.
Speaker 1: Exactly not and then I like came out but oh man, yeah, I don't know. Maybe I wasn't listening or something, but when I was on, I don't remember being told there was a double elimination. Oh really. I was so engrossed and I was like I had blinders on. It was like a horse race. I was like and go. So I don't know. I was kind of shocked. And this year they're like, oh yeah, double elimination. So maybe that's the thing every season. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess wait did they announce an did Anna get announced.
Speaker 1: First before you or yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, so was there like a split second You're like I'm safe.
Speaker 1: Oh so I didn't know there was double elimination until they said there's double eliminations.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay moment and.
Speaker 1: I was in the bottom three. No, I didn't think it was going to read.
Speaker 2: Me well, so Yeah, Leaine Hendrick's a great, great job, six scores of six from both judges.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was great. And wait, so she was in a car accident.
Speaker 2: Correct, Yes, she was in a she was hit by a car while riding her bicycle. Oh my god in the early nineties, which ended her career as a dancer.
Speaker 1: Geez.
Speaker 2: And then she became an actress after that she did okay, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: She's done great. I loved her costume. I loved her hair, I loved her makeup. It was very old Hollywood and I yeah, I appreciated that on every level. She's my favorite.
Speaker 2: Look oh wow, yeah, yeah she looked great. So this next couple I think an early front runner. Yeah, from the Secret Lives of Mormon Lives. Oh yeah, Whitney Lovett with returning dancer Mark Ballas.
Speaker 1: Mark Ballas like all time favorite, I think, such a fan favorite. Has been off the show last year he came back and did this amazing dance with Derek Cough And now.
Speaker 2: He's back, he's with Jase Curls are back.
Speaker 1: It can't go wrong with Mark Ballas.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was feeling like, I mean, here's the thing. Do you watch Secret Lives and Mormon Wives.
Speaker 2: I have not seen all of it, but my wife is like a massive fan, so I have like walked in and out of the room. I know the beats.
Speaker 1: I've seen, Like enough, right, I I'm a fan of that show. I love that show. And I you know, she's mom talk. She like start a mom wanted to start starting gallas and mom talk. So I knew she could do like the TikTok dances of course, but I was surprised, Oh so her setup video did you notice? And I was like, Oh, I knew it right there. I was like, she's going to crush this and be great. Her setup video what do they call this? It's not set up video, but it's like it's.
Speaker 2: Like, you know, like the introduction package in Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they showed her being like oh I can't get the steps, like kind of goofy, and I was like, Oh, she's going to fucking crush this. But I'm my gosh, can anyone do this? If there was Mark Ballas, that's my question?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean she really looked out in terms of a partner. He's so great and something they kept hammering like, oh you do TikTok dances? Those are ten seconds at a time. This is a minute and a half and something I enjoyed at the end. Or in her post dance interview, Julianne was asking her like, oh, how did how did it feel doing a long dances of just a TikTok and Whitney was like, yeah, it was like seven tiktoks. And I wondered if that's how Mark was training her, Like he's like, okay, so let's just pretend this is a separate video. Okay, We're just gonna connect them all. And you know, I think because of that, like because she's done all these TikTok dances, like I do think she'll have a leg up. And she she has a background as a dancer when she was when she was younger. She has a bit of a dance background.
Speaker 1: Like so are we talking like tap jazz ballet in like preschool child child you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, beyond that, I don't think she danced like professionally thing like that, but she she does.
Speaker 1: She did do a bit of dance, Okay, unfair cool.
Speaker 2: She was a cheerleader and she was in a dance company when she was in high school and she would train to dance forty to fifty hours a week, so she's you know, she's got a she's got a nice little foundation there to work with.
Speaker 1: Ed job, unfair, move on, No, I'm just kidding. I thought she was great. I loved her. She looked beautiful, Yes, great, look. I loved her look because a lot of times on Dancing with the Stars, I feel like, you know, it's the time it's a very almost showgirl asque look. Yes, and sometimes it's like, wow, they really made you up too much? Not it's beautiful to watch. But she kept hers clean, I thought, and I liked that. I was did you see her? She was huffing and puffing after all, but like, really, I've never seen anyone huff and puff and look so beautiful while doing that. It's almost like people either have a good crying face or a bad crying face. Like Kim Kardashian is notorious for being a bad crier. Yes, yes, even though she's so beautiful. Me, I'm a bad crier. And you don't realize this into your own reality TV because then you look back at it and you're like, oh my god, do you know if you're a bad crier or a good crier?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I haven't had the luxury of watching myself cry.
Speaker 1: So you should ask Allison.
Speaker 2: Yeah, next time we watch Old Yeller or something, you have her to bring out the phone and video take me crying. I think that's a good thing to know about yourself though, if you're a good or bad crier.
Speaker 1: So we need to figure out we have to do a minute how much? Minute and a half? Yes, a minute and a half, dance and then see both of us if we have that good or bad huff and puff face. Because like she was like and it was like beautiful, and I was like, she probably looked like that when she had a baby, when she was pushing, she was like glorious. Anyway, I kind of was girl crushing on Whitney love It last night, just gonna say it.
Speaker 2: Okay, oh yeah, she's she's great. We're excited about her. She and Derek gave her a seven. Bruno gave her an eight and he helped the wrong paddle at first, So that was that was kind of funny. I love watching these guys stumble a bit.
Speaker 1: There was there was quite a few stumbles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it was kind of chaos down there.
Speaker 1: But he looked but Carrie Anne needs to get back, yes, and control those boys. But I felt like he looked confused afterwards, almost like he held up his eight and they were like oh wait, and and Julianne was like wait, wait, wait, we had the wrong paddle up. And then he was like wait no, almost like he meant to do a seven, but then the eight was up. He was like, oh, well, yeah, did you feel that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I see because I'm curious, Like I from watching it, it looks like they have like a little computer or something at the at their seat where they type in the like where they lock in their score, so like that becomes he held up an air, he put an eight into that, and then he held up a setond by accident.
Speaker 1: His look of confusion was just like oh what happened?
Speaker 2: Oh god, I didn't mean to give her that love of a score. Yes, but so at this point that Whitney and Mark are in the lead, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just feel like an eight out of the gate. I didn't mean to do that. Pun is is a lot on the first dance. Yep, there's and I typically I don't know. The theory is I have no inside information here is that the judges give room for the dancers to grow. So they typically, like the pros, will always tell all of us like, don't worry if the first couple shows you get lower scores than you expect. You know, they want you to grow, so sometimes they don't score you as high. Going in with an aid, I'm just I'm shocked. She was great.
Speaker 2: She was great, and and they but they still have some criticisms for like, you know, Derek says you need to maintain your form a bit better and stuff like that. But regardless of high scores for Whitney and Mark, We're moving on to Baron Davis NBA All Star Baron Davis and Britt Stewart. I am a Baron Davis fan. He was a Golden State Warrior for a long time. I have two of his jerseys in my closet. I'm very excited to see Baron. Yeah, I was really excited to see him. They danced to Can't Touch This by mc hammer, a nice Glen boy, and he came out with the bidazzled basketball. They did the mc hammer like, you know, kind of like leg shuffle foot shuffle thing, and yeah, they were a lot of fun. They said, you didn't just touch this, you crushed this, So I was funny to hear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were great, they were good. It made me like, I kind of love this season how their the pros are letting their stars kind of do more freestyle even early on. Yes, and they're letting them kind of like what's so, I feel like they're really getting to know their their peeps and like, what are you good at? Let's throw it in there so we give them a bit of what you can do best.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's it's a lot of fun and for the audience that may not know these people that well, it really is a nice introduction to their personalities and what they're into.
Speaker 1: Definitely. So I wish I had thrown like the robot into my first dance because it's my signature.
Speaker 2: So I would have loved to see that. Yeah, huge, huge star for this next this next star. We're dancing with the stars. Alex Earl massive influencer. We have her lights all over the studio in Burbank and our iHeart offices. She's just a Here's the thing I think is interesting about Alex Earl or her partner's Val Schmarkowsky. She's like an influencer, But when you think influencer, You're like, oh, they got they know the TikTok dances, they know how to do this. No, no, no, she comes from like the world of makeup and get ready with Me and stuff like that, does not have she does not do these dances.
Speaker 1: So her intro when they announced her, it was like I thought it was the next presidential candidate. I mean, I don't know, it was like it felt a little bit more than the rest of the stars, like they were just I can't remember what they said, but like it wasn't just social media start. It was like alex Earle with her partner, and I was like, whoa. It was such a huge announcement. I was a girl, better be good here. But she didn't disappoint. No.
Speaker 2: She she did a did a good job, danced to Circus by Britney Spears, did this really cool leg swing I thought was really fun. Uh and she The Drek gave her a seven and Bruno gave her six. High score for alex Earl and she has a lot of you know, something I think about with this show is that like you can be the best dancer out there, but like if you don't have the crazy fan base, you may not go as far, which I think a lot of people. That's a criticism a lot of people have for the show is that it's like a populated contest at a certain point.
Speaker 1: I agree, I agree. I feel like this season especially, I guess maybe because I'm not on it and I'm just like fan girl here and supporting, like my dancing at the Star's family. I've been really following it more on social media, and you see how some are just lugging it, lugging it, and there's so much promotion and videos made and logos and stuff. I'm like, gosh, is that an unfair leg up? No pun? Intend to hear dance sho you up? Because I know last season I was working so hard and I had my head in the game that I didn't have time to do all these TikTok videos. I wasn't and maybe that was to my demise. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a you know, you want to put all of your effort onto the dance floor, but then you also have to be every second you're not dancing, you got to be making tiktoks and like begging people to it's really.
Speaker 1: Right, which also makes me question I'm sorry to say this, do the people that have teams have a better shot because you know, they have people that are helping them post and helping them make logos like vote for us and stuff. You know, yeah, it's you know, it's that's not fair. I went into this as a single mom of five. Well, I sound a bitter party of one. I'm not I have this.
Speaker 2: She's got her a little beer of all there. It is fan favorite toy spelling. Yeah. So the next couple Scott Hoying, I hope I'm saying his last ning, right, I'm sorry Scott Scott Hoying and Riley Arnold. He's from Pentatonics. My mom such a big Pentatonics fan, so excited about this.
Speaker 1: Okay, So your mom's a fan of Dancing of the Stars.
Speaker 2: She's not fan Dancing with the Storry. She's a Panatonics fan. So I think she. I think she's watching this year though because of him.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, because that just brings you back to Alex Earl. Because the original demo is like my age and older. Maybe they started watching way back twenty years ago, and I just wonder if they're like, who's Alex Earl and they have no idea.
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly, and I think they're trying to bring like with the Morning Wives too, They're trying to like bringing people, so you know, pentatonics, I think, and then they have wide appeal. Something I really liked about his intro package was that because he danced to Abricadabra by Lady Gaga and he made a TikTok with his husband about the song and Lady Gago commented and he had the comment like printed out and framed like a massive comment on their wall. I thought that was awesome. But yeah, great, great performance, really high kicks there. That was really fun to see.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and the crowd went wild. Yeah they did. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So they both scored a five from each of the judges, and we're excited to see more from them. A fellow member of the iHeart Podcast family, Daniel fishal with your former partner Pasha Pashkav. They danced a Stronger by Kelly Clarkson, great fluidity. I thought Daniel looked so elegant. She looked amazing out there, and they both scored a six, and I'm excited to see more from Daniel Fisher. She did a great job. Boy Meet's World star Daniel Offisher.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. I obviously very invested in this couple. My partner, Pasha Danielle love her, and I was just like, Okay, let's see. And I was just praying because I'm like, fellow actor, come on, Child's teen star, you can do this podstar. So yeah, her strength I was surprised at, Like, I feel like she hits moves and there's photos, you know, they take photos of like every move that you hit. And I was looking at the photos afterwards and her legs and arms, and I was just very impressed with that. I think her strength is really helping her here. But I didn't know she'd be as elegant as she was. And it was fluid, and I saw that smile. Pasha always says smile, smile, and she just looked like she was having so much fun. And I was surprised and happily surprised. And I think that they're like a dark horse in this race. Even though she's not a dark horse, she's like every America's crush, So she has two things going for here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everyone kept commenting about how they were or she was their crush growing up. You know, I was one of those people too, And yeah, I'm so excited something I think that she pointed out in her intro that you had in common with hers. She's like, I've been performing for most of my life, you know, Like so this, even though I haven't really danced, I know what it's like to be in front of a camera. I can, you know, take information and synthesize it and perform it. So yeah, definitely couple to watch.
Speaker 1: We will.
Speaker 2: We're excited for next week. Can we see more from Daniel Fishal Another Mormon wife on here, Jen Affleck and our new dancer, this is his first season, Jan Rovnick. I hope, I'm sorry if I'm saying the last name wrong. There's a lot of a lot of consonant.
Speaker 1: The last names are so hard and I'm so exciting you're saying them. Yes, And he danced with Taylor Swift.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was very exciting to learn. Yeah, they danced to a bad bunny song which I'm not going to try to pronounce in Nueva Yole, I believe. And there's a macarina in their dance. I thought, and maybe that was you know, maybe that's rude of me to assume, but like there's like a putting their hand down, on the on the on the chest, then on the waist. I saw some macarina in there that was really fine. And yeah, they did a great job a lot of lifts. Derek did not like all the lifts and all the aerials in that.
Speaker 1: I wasn't a fan of all the lifts. It made me wonder, since this is Jan's first season, if you know, the pros have been doing this for so long that they know what to do and what the judges are going to respond to. So even though he has so much training and he's so amazing, I was like, is he going to know all this? And I think that's where the lifts came in that you were like, oh yeah, yeah, that's his like Taylor Stift stuff. So wow. She must have been really like because I know from doing lifts on the show, and I only did like one or two that you get so dizzy you have to find your replace when you come back down, and she was being flipped all over the place. So good for her. Jen Affleck Yeah, I thought she was great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was awesome, but I want to see more of her moves.
Speaker 1: Definitely, they were right.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, let's keep her on Terror Firm. For next week. Yeah, so Corey Felderman and Jenna Johnson our next couple. Great to see Corey Felderman back.
Speaker 1: He's a he looks awesome.
Speaker 2: He looks great, cool bleached hair, you know, obviously a huge dance background. He danced too. It's still rock and roll to me by Billy Joel and we're saying this earlier he did the cool moonwalk. We're to the MJ stuff in there. I heard those rumors that like he hasn't gone to any rehearsal or right, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know what that was, but it was like right in the beginning, it was like Jenna Johnson says she hasn't seen him since the announcement good Morning America, and I was like, what we all like? But I wonder if that was just like a press get like so we'd be like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I kind of I hope it. I like the idea of that being the true because he just comes in and kills it like he did a great job. Yes, but there's there's form and technique to work on and uh, they scored a nine. Dare gave him a form, Bruno gave him a five.
Speaker 1: Definitely, and Jenna just so everyone knows, even though you do know if you're listening to this won the Mirror Ball last year.
Speaker 2: Yes, returning champion Jenny Johnson, this is our next couple. This is a Fifth Harmony member. I have been saying her name wrong this whole time. I feel so bad. It's Lauren ha Reggie is how you pronounce it?
Speaker 1: I thought it was now. I also thought she was in a group called Third Harmony, So don't worry about it.
Speaker 2: Uh, Lauren HAREGGI from from Fifth Harmony and Brandon Armstrong. She's she's great. I like in her intro she basically said like I wanted to do this because everyone comes out looking snatched and I want to do that too. And I was thinking, like that's a cool, like, hey, you know I want to I want to tighten things up. I think I'm just gonna do Dancing with.
Speaker 1: The stars and so, you know, going to the millions of people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I thought that was fun.
Speaker 1: They they did a great job.
Speaker 2: Derek says she needs to stick the landing better, she needs to finish things off more confidently.
Speaker 1: Because he had to say something they did like a great routine.
Speaker 2: They really did. Yeah, Yeah, Derek gave her seven Bruno six. They're they're high up there. Uh yeah, great, great dances from from our fifth Harmony Superstar. Uh. Andy Richter is our next couple and director with Ma Slater. He's he's a he's a dark horse, you know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's something.
Speaker 2: He's something. He's got moves, but uh, they not a lot of footwork for for Andy. They kept it kind of low key, I thought, and I know that he's he's an older guy. Uh, but the spirit of the cha chaw was there, as Bruno says, uh, and they just have to work on their timing. And you know when Bruno gave them a four, and I could hear the udio booing, which I thought was wild.
Speaker 1: Because who doesn't love Andy Richter? Got I love him. Yes, Here's the thing I feel is unfair every season, you know, they want to put different age groups and demos and talent and technique and levels. I feel like he's kind of everyone is really pretty solid, and then you have Andy Richter who's kind of like, hey, I'm here to have fun. I know I'm not the best answer and I'm a little bit older than everyone, but it's glaring because it's just him and that's.
Speaker 2: Not Yeah, yes exactly, but he's.
Speaker 1: The cherry on top and I'm I'm happy he's there. I love Andy Richter. He said he was peacockying. It was a nod to his days on NBC with Conan O'Brien.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we love me. He's so funny and he's just he's one of those guys like when you see him, he just wanted to smile. He's got a joyful presence. Yeah, so that'll be fun to watch him. Hilaria Baldwin and Gleb so Chenko, I believe is the last.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter glob. Everyone knows how many other Which globe are you talking about again? Globs globe? And then we all just drool a little. So.
Speaker 2: I mean she she had a podcast with iHeartRadio for a short amount of time, but she has some dance experience. Her husband is Alec Baldwin. He was in the audience tonight. That was fun to see.
Speaker 1: Shidows there is a mama of seven.
Speaker 2: Mama of seven crazy and I thought she looked great. She did a great job. You can see that she has a dance background. She's very confident out there.
Speaker 1: For sure, but she broke her hip sixteen years ago to stop dancing, so and since then we know that she is a yoga teacher and she's excellent at that. But this was her dream to go back to dancing, and she never thought she would and here she is doing it now. I am friends with Hilaria, so I'm trying not to be biased with all of this, but I thought she did a great job. She gets it's a lot of criticism from people, and she's very thick skinned and she goes for it. I did text with her last night after the performance and I was like, you crushed it. You know, what are they gonna say now, like fuzz? You went out there and did it. And she was like you're the best. I love you, So we'll see. Yeah. I feel like watching Hilaria and Gleb it's almost watching two pros. I kind of got lost in that and I thought I was watching a pro dance and it almost took away a bit from seeing a star being there. So I don't know if that's going to hurt them. Knocked over my mic got excited.
Speaker 2: The energy of the of the dance floor has reached Tory spelling. She's slapping the microphone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely, And Gleb has a lot of focus on him right now because of his off screen, off screen, off dance floor romance last season with Brooks Nader, which I next show will get into that. Because I was there for the behind the scenes from the beginning to the end, I can comment on that a little bit, So stay tuned for our next episode. But she has publicly on her new show Loved thy Nator, which I'm big fan, talked about the breakup and how we cheated an honor, which he denies. So he has a lot of eyeballs on him this season.
Speaker 2: The plot thickens. Well, we can't wait to watch more. They both scored a seven. They got a total fourteen points from the judges. Our final couple Robert Irwin and Whitney Carson, Steve Irwin's son, animal conservationist. They danced to Born to Be Wild. What a what a performance? My god, so much such high jumps, big leaps, the crown on the ground, just so much energy. It was so much fun. Derek said, it's the best first dance he has ever seen on this show.
Speaker 1: He went there, he said it, Yes, I could not believe that. I mean it was incredible. I was floored.
Speaker 2: It was insane.
Speaker 1: Do you dance floored?
Speaker 2: I was dance floored. I was flabbergasted. The mirror ball hit me in the head. I was so excited about this. Tied for the for the top score with Whitney Levitt, so just huge, a score of fifteen massive.
Speaker 1: I have some thoughts on this. Okay, So this couple was announced. It feels like months ago, right, Yeah, they teased that Robert Irwin was he was announced it's the first Dancing with the Star to be on season thirty four. And then they made us wait and wait, and then I announced like one more right, and then we had the big reveal on GMA, which we always have. But this makes me think were they able to like everyone gets the same amount dancing in studio, but like outside studio, have they been practicing for months?
Speaker 2: Yes? I had that same thought, like it's nuts. He's not like I mean, I don't think he has any dance background, Like this is crazy. His ability is so high.
Speaker 1: I mean, his sister Bindy won the mirror Ball. It doesn't but just you know, everyone said, it doesn't mean that he's going to be a great dancer, and what you know, obviously honoring the legacy of his father, but I, oh god, I'm going to say it, and everyone's going to hate me for this. It was almost too much for me. It was so I know, he was so good and had so much energy. I felt like I was watching you know, some dance like musical and Broadway, and I was just like, you're too good for this show. First dance, Like I wish Whitney had been, like, just pull it back a little, so we wow them. They have nowhere to go at this point, yeah, except for the finals and win this thing so well.
Speaker 2: I mean they've established themselves as a as an early as the winners.
Speaker 1: Basically, they should just hand in the mirror ball right now.
Speaker 2: And next week we're doing one hit Wonders week and it's a double elimination, no one eliminated tonight. It's the first week. But next week is going to be predictions.
Speaker 1: I mean, come on, let's do predictions so that we can be wrong and then well something.
Speaker 2: I think I think, unfortunately I hate saying this, but I think next week we're going to say goodbye to Andy Richter and and I think I think Baron Davis is not safe either. That's what I think. What about you?
Speaker 1: I don't know. It feels like a game of chess with this show. So I don't know if it's going to be two males next week, even though it's two females on the last season. I think at risk is Andy Richter. It could be Barren if you if there's one female you would throw into the factor, who would it be?
Speaker 2: I think it would be Uh, let's see. They all did so well. I know it's hard. It's hard. They're all so good. This is a really tough see. I mean, maybe maybe Alex carl Bet.
Speaker 1: She has such a no way, she is such a following, she's going so far, and they're not going to vote off Corey Feldman right away.
Speaker 2: I don't think no, no, no. I don't think it's going to be Corey and Andy.
Speaker 1: Shoot. I don't have an answer here, Jen Affleck. Could it be No, No, she's sticking around Lauren. Maybe Lauren and Ezra. Yeah, could be Lauren and Ezra and Andy Richter and the Slater poor and the Slater. I love her so much.
Speaker 2: We'll have to see what happens next week. I'm dancing with the Stars. This has been so much fun, Thank you Tory.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Easton. Wait, we need like a sign off. Let's let's misstep out of here.
Speaker 2: Yes, we'll miss Seth out of here.
Speaker 1: Bye bye bye mh.