Speaker 1: It's nine oh Gene onegin with Jenny Garth and Tory spelling. Okay, Today on another installment of nine O two one on one, we have another amazing guest star with us. We have Jason Carter. We have Jason Carter.
Speaker 2: You guys who played the one and only Roy Randolph.
Speaker 1: Yes, he was in season four of Beverly Hill ZENA two and oh and uh he was a controversial character. So let's find out all about Roy Randolph.
Speaker 2: Jason, are you there?
Speaker 3: Hello?
Speaker 1: Hello, silver Fox.
Speaker 3: Silver Fox. That's right, that's me Hello that hi.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, it's been a minute.
Speaker 3: Yes it does.
Speaker 1: We have just thirteen reveriting the Roy Randolph episodes on our podcast Season four. You made quite a splash, quite an impression on all the ladies in the show. But now, as Tory and I are watching the show back for the first time and seeing what really happened, you know, from a from a viewer's fans perspective, we have to tell you Roy Randolph's given us kind of creepy vibes.
Speaker 2: What do you think I mean, I think he's sexy, but she means in like how it plays out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're a little close for comfort with the with the co eds there.
Speaker 3: I think I think I was. I think I was playing the theatrical camp so it's not quite bad guy, but in charge. I don't know it was. It's been a long time. I'm supposed to remember this stuff.
Speaker 1: Well back then it was a different day.
Speaker 3: I mean, right, yeah, yeah, I'm wearing this shirt because this actually is a nineties shirt, as you can tell from the collar. I've had the thirty years and not worn.
Speaker 1: Oh you dressed for the show. I love that.
Speaker 2: That's amazing. Well, everything that's nine days back in so you looked on trends, you looked very current.
Speaker 1: Look at you.
Speaker 3: He is.
Speaker 2: Making an effort, you know what. And we appreciate that.
Speaker 1: You had such your your character on the show. Did you have you been able to rewatch any of the episodes that you were in?
Speaker 3: No, did you.
Speaker 1: Ever see them?
Speaker 3: Yes? I did? Yes, I did. I know I'm a terrible man.
Speaker 2: No, good, don't watch. Let us tell you what you did? And then no comment.
Speaker 1: So obviously you were the director.
Speaker 2: It started with a chat on a hot tin roof that the girls were all auditioning for and.
Speaker 1: Met who was it? Kelly was auditioning Brenda was auditioning and Laura.
Speaker 3: It was funny because when I got the notification for the casting to go to go and auditioned.
Speaker 1: For it, Oh yeah, tell us.
Speaker 3: It was being a r S director who was directing on Broadway and was taking some time off and everything like that, and the horror director and then at the time with Peter Hall and Trevor Nan and all of that lot, they all had goate's and long hair, which is what I had, so.
Speaker 1: Perfect, absolutely perfect for that part.
Speaker 2: We walked in and They're like, nailed it for we even hear the scene. Did you so you came in audition? Did you audition for my Dad? Do you?
Speaker 3: Yes? Yes? I did, Yes, I did, And it was it was a straight I had just happened to be one of my first roles in America because I just moved to America and my Asian already had an agent here from History. But and I was being sent up for auditions and I got sent up for this one. And I turned out and I'm wearing I've just come from London, and I'm in London kind of actor style, and I've got this huge military black coat on in Los Angeles and I'm wearing this thing. I don't know why I'm wearing this thing, and uh. And I was staring out the window because the view from the office was so great, and I think your dad walked in and I said, oh, a great view, and then turned back to the view. I was so kind of like this was a whole new world as a consequence of which I don't know. I think I I just accidentally nailed it.
Speaker 1: I don't think it was an accident.
Speaker 3: Would you like to read for us, because I'm still looking out of the window. I took my coat off, put my coat on the couch, sat down on the couch, picked up the pages. It was just it was, it was. It worked very well. For some strange reason, I kind.
Speaker 1: Of wish you had watched the episode back because I want to ask you who you thought should have played the role of Maggie if it was cast properly with Brenda, or was it or.
Speaker 2: It was Jenny who kind of came into the mix because she was just you kind of got talked into it. You were just going to read for another role, not the main role in then Laura Kingman, the other one who goes cuckoo, who literally this rule was everything to her.
Speaker 3: That's right, that's right. Now I recalled who do I think should have played it right?
Speaker 1: And I think you can't really answer that it was exactly the person. We do think that Shannon did an amazing job.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, yeah, yeah, because the whole point about it is is that, I mean, even from Roy Randolphstanity, seeing what could be expressed by this person given the given the right coaxing.
Speaker 2: I'm just curious. So Kelly kind of came in just was Ernest did it and nailed it right, right, and then all of a sudden, Brenda goes to his place.
Speaker 1: Yes, Brenda knock knock knocks on on Roy Randolph's door at night.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, that's right.
Speaker 1: How did she get.
Speaker 3: Er not to do that?
Speaker 1: Yes? I think that's frowned upon these days. But I wonder, we wonder what happened? What happened when she went into Roy Randolph's house, right, because she got the role right after that she did she did what?
Speaker 3: Oh that's right, So you're asking me to speculate on what may or may not have happened.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine Roy Randolph doing anything terror like terror.
Speaker 2: I feel like she gave another audition and just knocked his socks off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I will just just the sheer audacity to even come round to his house.
Speaker 1: It's scary. Expressly expressed, you were terrified.
Speaker 2: Every then you didn't know where this was going. How did she?
Speaker 1: Did you know? Did you know at that point? I don't, None of us knew. But did you know that your character was kind of being used to have Shannon's Brenda's storyline separate from everybody else's And did you know that?
Speaker 3: What? I was completely unacquainted with the show. I just arrived in America. I'm going for an audition for show. I don't know whatever, I'm going for it, and then I get the part, and then I'm thrust into the middle of it with you guys on a sound stage similar to the sound stage that we had in Babylon five. As it wasn't a sound stage, you have to stop.
Speaker 1: At that time, it was not soundproof, no from LA so you probably didn't know, but you were working in at a time.
Speaker 2: It's nice now, but thirty three years ago, a very seedy area that was on It wasn't a sound stage, it was an abandoned warehouse they turned into one, and right next door they filmed porn.
Speaker 3: Oh really, yeah, I missed that. I mean, you guys check that out. I didn't. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, the boys were all over that, but we weren't.
Speaker 3: We were like, that's fun.
Speaker 1: I love it that you didn't. You didn't know about the show because the show was not popular overseas at that time. Before it was.
Speaker 3: It was the nineties. It was the most creative decade I think occurred. It was a brilliant time to be in Los Angeles. I mean I consequently went on It's funny you stay, I was creepy and everything like that. I consequently went on to play a bunch of bad guys in Guests Evil.
Speaker 1: You're so damn good at it.
Speaker 3: Well, it's I think it's the trick is that maybe it's the European thing to be able to get Hello Darling.
Speaker 2: Right and then I mean, you're so iconic and known for Babylon five obviously, but did you ever get recognized? Yes, Roy Randolph, you did, Okay, like people were in public.
Speaker 3: Okay, a very popular show, and it would come out of left field. I wouldn't be expecting it. Oh you know, they get you. You're you were on nine o two or no, and for some reason the character had such an impact on the world because it was the end of episodes, at the end of the season, and Nike I thought I was a new regular. Did you an invitation? I was. I don't know. I got an invitation to go to Nike and pick out some clothes nice promise to wear them in interviews?
Speaker 2: Remember that those days, Jen, Oh yeah, we got the same back then with a good old day Nike.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, that's right, that's right. No, it was.
Speaker 2: Do people ever come up and say, if it wasn't for you, Brenda wouldn't be off the show because she chose this acting off.
Speaker 3: London mobody seems to know that I didn't sleep with her, even after all the shows played.
Speaker 2: Fans think it, Yeah, that's interesting.
Speaker 3: So because because it's not clear, it's unresolved, it's it's it's and then oh, please go to London to my my my drama school. Did I run her?
Speaker 1: Where in the we never see her again? So what have you done with Brenda?
Speaker 3: Ah?
Speaker 2: What if they ended up getting married and had what beautiful Brandon marriage, that's what you think happened?
Speaker 3: Well, I was looking up because just before I do the podcast I think I was on the German side or whatever. But there's kind of fan fiction about that.
Speaker 2: There is tell us, tell us, tell us this is so cool.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, it was five minutes. I just not noticed that while you're checking it out.
Speaker 1: So there is fan fiction. Sorry, we actually do not know about this.
Speaker 3: I didn't read it. I didn't read it, but it was intimated that there was fiction, so I didn't click on the link because I was busy. Oh what am I doing? And I'll tell you something. It's if only having been an acceor all my life here. Sorry, more nervous about this than anything else.
Speaker 2: Guys, Well it was everything you've done. You're nervous about this. We're just low hanging fruit. No, what do you mean nervous? What do you mean nervous?
Speaker 3: No, I don't know it.
Speaker 1: Just blushing? Are you blushing? Jason Carter?
Speaker 3: No, I don't think so. I might be. I might be hot, but flushed. That's right when I'm talking to babes. What can I do remaining professional?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Please? Please? So you moved just before this to America, to Los Angeles, and you've stayed here ever since.
Speaker 3: Yes, funny, isn't people? In fact? I think that happened at the beginning, which is why we've got America point out to people. You do realize that America was founded by a bunch of Brits saying no to George, that's Americans suddenly magically appeared.
Speaker 1: You just came a little late.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, that's right. Fine, I came there, so I'm a late immigrant.
Speaker 1: And you've had such a crazy, like just fulfilling career. You've done so much, many different projects, like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's been well, it's it's yes, I think I think I did all my theater in London and then I came to America and didn't do theater ever again.
Speaker 2: Really is that sad in you?
Speaker 1: You can't really compare the theater here to the here in London.
Speaker 3: Well, I was in Los Angeles so at the time during the nineties. I don't know what it's like now, but it was basically a bunch of actors doing shows for casting directors to see them and cast them in television. Yeah, like Showcase, and half the audience would leave in the interval.
Speaker 1: Once you moved here, you never did anymore. Once you moved to America, you never did any more work In Britain.
Speaker 3: That's correct.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, so you walked quite a lot before you came.
Speaker 3: Oh well, I was lucky enough to do the West End four times National Theater.
Speaker 2: Do you miss being on stage? Though?
Speaker 3: There's a time of life thing. Do I miss anything? Do I? What I do is I Actually, I'm very grateful to having had experienced it. I know what it's like to walk out in front of two thousand people in a character. The hardest thing, the hardest thing, no stage right there. The hardest thing was when you know the science fiction thing, Babylon five, whatever that you know from your fan base, When you have to step out on a stage as yourself, it's a very strange experience. Worst the first time I did it, I had no idea what to do. And I don't know whether you know him, great actor Peter Jurassica was in Babylon five on my first audition, on my first convention, I followed him out on stage. Well, he spoke for forty minutes without fielding a question. He just talked me. I just stood there like animal gon any questions.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's like our Jason Priestley. I remember the first time we were at the Emmy's and Jen and I were going to present. Jason was doing something before and we were so nervous because you know, talking as yourself in front of and people are like, what do you mean? You're an actor?
Speaker 1: You can do it.
Speaker 2: I said to Jason, are you nervous? And He's like, Nah, this doesn't bother me at all. And I was like, this is the hardest part.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, he's a special case. I think it was. It was a weird because it was a weird experience because we're on for an out. We had an hour to talk to the crowd. This was in London, and.
Speaker 1: He took forty five minutes of it.
Speaker 3: Well he did forty five minutes without fielding a question, and then and then it was my hour and I was on next after was all the cars were there. I went on an accent and I got to about thirty minutes in and said, anybody got.
Speaker 1: Any more questions, that would be me too.
Speaker 3: Do you want to hear a poem?
Speaker 2: I want to hear a poem, I.
Speaker 3: Said some of my I started saying to myself of my parents, I write a drama school.
Speaker 2: Wow, you could say anything to me right now. I could listen to you.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 3: Oh well, thank you, thank you?
Speaker 1: Okay, So did you have kids?
Speaker 3: Did I have kids? This does a question that we have after we've crossed the threshold and with death. So how was your life?
Speaker 1: Did you have kids? I've just told you live with your family, but.
Speaker 3: A bit of romantic rock and roll historically, but.
Speaker 1: I have How old is.
Speaker 3: Ever? So? I mean nearly forty thirty five and oh I have to do the numbers on that one. But you starting, I had two. I had two sons in London, and I had a daughter in Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: Okay, so very young okay.
Speaker 3: And unfortunately divorces followed eventually. I'm not one a bad, bad, bad, bad bad man, but I am happily married and with an Albuquerque.
Speaker 1: Oh wonderful, just at the foot of.
Speaker 3: The San Dia Mountains, so I can.
Speaker 2: Go from there. When'd you move to Albuquerque?
Speaker 3: Uh? You about a year ago? Still getting used to the lack of oxygen here because of course you're a mile high. So the air is very thin. Wow much, it's sunny from most of the year, and it's not d.
Speaker 2: Well, it's not one And then wait, so uh why where?
Speaker 1: Why there? Though?
Speaker 3: Why there? That's it's a weird one. It's interestingly enough, a friend of mine from thirty years ago in Los Angeles had moved to Albuquerque, and he s, hey, you ferenty moving to Albuquerque so we can hang out and everything like that. I thought about it living louis the end of the time and moved and we moved. I told my wife about it, and she she was looking at the idea and thinking about it and didn't tell me. She applied for a job, got a job in Albuquerque. Can she moved four months before I did.
Speaker 1: It's wild, so we're just ready for a change.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it had come to the point. Yeah, this is interesting. So it's a weird story of me in America. I've lived in the low desert Los Angeles, I've lived, then I moved to Michigan so serious winters, then Louisiana and so that's the swamp. And now I'm in the high desert, so low desert whatever you call Michigan lake country.
Speaker 1: And I feel like you need to move to the Pacific Northwest next.
Speaker 3: That's a pretty good idea, just certainly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you can play.
Speaker 3: If there's time.
Speaker 2: Well, we keep talking about your past, what are you going on now?
Speaker 1: Tell us about it.
Speaker 3: Tell us, no, I'm actually I'm happily contemplatively looking back and not particularly worried about the future. And yes, I did the outrageous thing. I'm sixty two. I retired. Doesn't mean I can't work as an actress.
Speaker 1: Enough, Wait, we can do that at sixty two, Can we do it?
Speaker 3: You can technically do it? Yeah, I mean I didn't reize I could get a discount on the bus when I was fifty.
Speaker 1: But hey, the other day I wanted the movies with my daughter and she bought me a senior citizen ticket.
Speaker 3: Oh but that's the weird thing. And I get so upset now when I'm in the supermarket and no one wants to ide me that happened.
Speaker 1: You're just there, living in the now.
Speaker 3: I suppose. So I suppose. I suppose that. I suppose that's the thing I've always done, which is why I've just been responsive to life rather than having any plans. Just like what doors appear, and then I go through them if they appear, but they might not appear for a very long time, and then they appear it or not, what we'll see.
Speaker 2: You giving her anxiety.
Speaker 1: She's a planner I'm a planner, but I'm the same way as you. I've never I've never had goals or plan as far as like what I want to do next with my life. So I love that that.
Speaker 3: Don't promise yourself. It's like Christ thinks something. But don't promise yourself anything, and you won't disappoint yourself. If you set goals, you can fail your goals. Now says they never promise anybody anything, and then you'll never disappoint anybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, as a parent, that's a good one to practice.
Speaker 1: Whatever I mean, that's it sounds like you have beautiful life though.
Speaker 3: Well I do know, yeah, like most Well, I mean happiness, this is for everybody. Happiness is a choice, no small print, no read this book, no do this. It's a choice. It's a choice. What did you just say happiness is a choice.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I am so embarrassed, Jason Carter. I did not hear happiness for whatever reason, it came out pens and but Jen usually would react and she didn't, And I was like, guys, I don't know what's happening right now.
Speaker 1: Is just a quote. People, he said happiness is a choice. I thought he.
Speaker 2: Said, my penis is a choice, and then he wanted.
Speaker 3: It's my awful accent? Or is when I got to Los Angeles and I'm meeting casting directors. Yeah he's great, but can he lose the accent?
Speaker 1: Can you? Can you lose your accent?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Do let me do it?
Speaker 3: Do it?
Speaker 1: Talking like American? We just put him on a spot.
Speaker 3: That's all I was about. Southerner. If I okay, just.
Speaker 1: Say I'm living in Albuquerque with my wife, say that in like American.
Speaker 3: I'm living in Albuquerque with my wife.
Speaker 2: No, pretty good. No, I heard it.
Speaker 1: I heard the wife she did. I I love that.
Speaker 2: You admit you can't though.
Speaker 3: But the thing is, people say I've lived there for thirty two years or whatever it is or more, and people said, you haven't lost your accent.
Speaker 1: Why would you?
Speaker 3: Because yeah, why would I? Because here's it's different. It's very common where I come from and where I come from people that go, oh, I love your accent. They don't do that, No, but they do here, so so why would they change it? Also, Also, the nineties was great because I did your show playing a very nice man, but I did play a lot of villains and at the time during the nineties, British villains were in in a big way, you know, like the bad guys speaking charmingly and not taking your gun out but just going hello down everywhere else. Yeah, yeah, yeah, sinister, but in a charming way, you know, darling villainry, which is what you know, the Alan Rickman territory of life and camp villainry.
Speaker 1: You're so sexy. Sorry, tell your wife, I apologize.
Speaker 3: We thank you. Goodness me ah.
Speaker 1: You can I ask you one question?
Speaker 2: Please do so you did do a lot of comedy, but you were on and tell us about your experience on Third Rock from the Sun.
Speaker 3: That was actually a marvelous experience. And I was very lucky to have gone for that audition at that time because they had had they cast it three times before me. I didn't know this and hadn't got the right person. Because they're the comedians. They're looking for something to launch from, some spring from. So I had the chain smoking, roll up poet London guy, which I can easily do. But I got cast. I got cast pretty much on the set because they were doing all the auditions at the studio Columbia. Figures. Can't remember, no, but I'm there and I'm on the phone outside in a British phone box, of course, because they decorate sometimes and I'm on the phone just calling my wife and suddenly there's an assistant tapping in the window. You've got the job. What you've got the job? Can you go to wardrobe and makeup? Whoa?
Speaker 1: Literally go right there.
Speaker 3: It was all Hollywood. It was like you were doing it. We were in rehears because they rehearsed it, and it is shot in front of a live audience. And John Lithgow, the massive, massive John Lifga is the nicest man on the planet. And it was directed by David Hughes who was also massive as indeed was what's the name that the daughter. I can't remember their names now, but they're all massive, and I was her boyfriend. There's the point that was the gag, and then they're all chained smoking and doing poetry. But every single take that John Lithgu did was different. And the director, John Hughes, I found out, directed the original Monty Python.
Speaker 1: Oh wow.
Speaker 3: That hence the relationship with John Clees being on the shore and stuff like that. But he would just let John Lift do his stuff. Just Ris.
Speaker 2: Kristin Johnston, she's yeah, very tall, oh.
Speaker 3: But they were all super lovely and and being their comedians, they needed something to launch from. So having this chained smoke, self indulgent of writing the poem about myself to myself, by writing my poem of myself, it was already just like all intents and yeah, and they're all chained smoking and they're all wearing black.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize John Lithgow was that tall.
Speaker 3: Oh, he's massively tall, and so is that so so is David Houston, the British director there was Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: I love him so much.
Speaker 3: Brilliant, so sweet and so in charge, just different, different stuff coming out of their mouths each time. Great people, we love that. Yeah, and very welcoming, very gracious, very hello, Thank you, Ry, you know, very nice. Well, that's good your show is having like that, But it's very often regulars can be total guests.
Speaker 1: Which wasn't your experience on the show.
Speaker 3: Wasn't your show?
Speaker 2: That never happened on our show?
Speaker 1: No, no, no no.
Speaker 2: How did everyone treat you on our set when you first came on?
Speaker 3: Oh? Very well, it was it was you.
Speaker 2: Can't transition after seeing these like a less megastars were amazing and then now be like you guys were okay, no, no.
Speaker 3: It was it was. It was fair enough, it was. It was a weird one because initially I was a bit of fish at water because everyone had relationships and it's all going on, and most of my scenes were with Shannon, and initially, first couple of episodes, Shandon didn't talk to me. That's fine because I was in my own world as well, and I was more interested in how the camera worked and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Hey, I was young, But why didn't she talk to you?
Speaker 3: I don't know who she talked to, but she didn't talk to me at the time, but then then the subsequent episode because I didn't bother Maybe because it didn't bother me. I was invited to a birthday party, which was her twenty third birthday party.
Speaker 1: I think where was it.
Speaker 3: It was in a in a nightclub thing in Hollywood, down by the Grime and Chinese I think theater, and there was a lot. There was a bunch of fights there and bouncers. It was a wild one.
Speaker 2: I was just a Thursday night out. But okay, are we talking bar one? Are we talking China Club? Are we talking Rosy?
Speaker 3: No? I believe me even if i'd gone to those places. I probably couldn't remember now.
Speaker 1: Was I there?
Speaker 2: You don't have to remember this, did you?
Speaker 1: Did you g I'm serious? Was I there?
Speaker 3: I went to the party?
Speaker 1: Yes, went Jason, but toured. Do you don't you.
Speaker 2: Remember was being there?
Speaker 1: I goeh? Were we there? We just came about it.
Speaker 3: Remember now, it's all overwhelmed by the fact there was a big fight. I suddenly broke out from our primaries and don't know what it was. But of course the tabloids decided there was a reason.
Speaker 2: How did you remember, specifically twenty third birthday? I have a good memory. I would never remember that.
Speaker 1: Maybe because you were so shocked to get the invitation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but well it was it was I wonder what was? It was a weird one, and it was also an interesting lesson that I had in life because the big fight was happening. One of the guys who was fing I actually was. I was. I don't know what it was. It was the time of my life. I was in Jesus mode. I don't know, but I grabbed this big, hulking, massive guy and just I'm holding him a whole him like this, Like the big man walks away the big man walks away. You b calmed him down, and he's trying to the door, and then the bouncers grab him and the fight starts again because they're violent too.
Speaker 1: There. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think you would remember a big fight again.
Speaker 2: You'd be typical Thursday night out. No, every time.
Speaker 3: Because I got it involved, because I decided to pretend that I could solve the problem.
Speaker 1: And I feel like you did. You made a difference.
Speaker 3: First second, more than the lost of people went crazy. Yeah, I was looking for a fight. Don't calm him down. I didn't say that, but that's it.
Speaker 1: Gosh, we wish we could.
Speaker 3: It's lovely when she's thinking.
Speaker 2: You're talking about me yourself into trouble right now? Wow, it's just fun to catch up with our producers find it. Oh my gosh, I have to know where that birthday party was. I wonder if we'll look it up. Wheat Was it at the Hollywood Athletic Club?
Speaker 3: It might have been. I was very I was very new to Los Angeles, so I couldn't have pinned anything down, but I knew we were down in Hollywood.
Speaker 2: I think it's coming back to me, But you know, I don't know this is how her process works about thirty minutes.
Speaker 1: So I hope you have some time. Yeah, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: I'll get there and then I'll be whoa amazing Okay, anyway, we'll find out at some point. Okay, I'll slide into your DMS and not to talk about that, but just kidding. Jason Carter, do you have Instagram?
Speaker 3: I am very bad on all those social things. Yes I do. I think I do, but I don't use it in the same way as I don't use Twitter, which I also have. Yeah, what's going on? Because she scrolls down and goes gives me the news. But but I use WhatsApp. That's it. What'sapp with my family? Very cool WhatsApp.
Speaker 1: It is what's up? What's upp what'spp what's up? Well, what's happy you? Then? Yeah, you can what's happened? When you remember where the bird? I remember the party?
Speaker 3: Okay, okay? Or email me. I have my email addresse, which hasn't changed in thirty years.
Speaker 1: A speeler.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, don't tell us.
Speaker 1: Are you Are you AOL dot com?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Oh, don't react that way. We're proud we are AOL dot com and it makes us pretty proud it is, even.
Speaker 2: Though every time we give it to someone I.
Speaker 3: Know historically America online, way back, way back, way back, way back. Yes, but they're still running, are they there? You go just now.
Speaker 2: But we can't let it go. It's literally just the two of us, the habit. I'll never let it go, will you, Jen?
Speaker 1: Nope?
Speaker 2: Nope?
Speaker 1: Hold on, what are you looking at, Jason?
Speaker 3: I'm looking at Tory Spelling's twenty third birthday and I can't find it either.
Speaker 2: You mean Shannon's Tory Spelling on the brain? Nor?
Speaker 3: Sorry? Sorry, I'm old? All right? You young people don't understand.
Speaker 1: We are not that much younger than you. Just know I want you to We're not.
Speaker 3: It's the great leveling out as you get older. Like my my younger brother, My youngest brother is seven years younger than me. Well, when I'm eighteen and he's eleven, that's a big difference, no relationship whatsoever. But I'm sixty two he's fifty five. Were the same age.
Speaker 2: It happens.
Speaker 1: And don't you like what age do you feel even though you're sixty five? How old do you feel?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: We all have that number.
Speaker 3: Are you prepared for some Jason kind of thought wisdom things is that some people get old. Bear with this one. Some people get old and turn into old men. Other people just become decrepit. That I'm that model. I will always be Jason, but the vehicle will fall apart.
Speaker 1: But some people, Wait, you just called yourself decrepit.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yah, yeah yeah, but but but I'm not decrepit. But I'm just saying my vehicle will fall apart, right, but I will still be driving it. Some people turn into something else. Some people become old people. I don't know what it is. I've met loads of old people who didn't you get a point. Yes, you remain You're the same driver. You're the you guys have been driving for the years you have. I can see you're the same drivers.
Speaker 1: I don't think Tori and I will ever become old people in.
Speaker 3: My no, but that that's the point.
Speaker 2: And emotionally.
Speaker 3: The weird lesson for this was during COVID. Yes, I've done some strange jobs. I was a working for a wine liquor store and as a delivery driver in Louisiana during COVID. Okay, and I had to go.
Speaker 1: That was that was a necessity for people.
Speaker 3: Nobody was on the road, so the police weren't stopping anybody, because who was going to stop anybody? You'd have to talk to them. So we were the heroes of the road in the medical profession, delivering liquor in Louisiana, in loss in New Orleans, of course, but because of the law, I would have to ask them for their birthday and the holding their license up to their window, like how dare you come to my door? You ordered the liquor? But old people. I see old men, and I know I'm twenty years older than them. They're in the forties. But they had they appeared to be old. They had set, they had set, they had become, they had stopped. Unfortunate. So I'm My father died when he was seventy one, ten years ago. But my mother said at his funeral, isn't as Brian, Brian has his name Brian? Or is it? Because I always used to say to Brian, growing up is optional? Growing up is optional?
Speaker 1: Yeah, very wise words, Jason.
Speaker 3: I stole him. I stole them.
Speaker 2: One last thing though, to Jen's point, because there is I feel like we all have that one number stuck in our head, like you remember yourself at and for some reason is there an age.
Speaker 3: Well, I suppose it's going to actually be the most consequential period of your life as well as that sound. And that would have probably been when I went to Grammar School when I was twenty. I mean I was there when I was eighteen to twenty one, but I was at Lambda, not the Royal had Me Acting school, which of course was invented by Peter Frere. He sent me the shirt.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I wondered why you had that shirt.
Speaker 1: Of course, Peter is okay, amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was playing Roy Randolph now and I did it totally camp and I wore wore top hat. Really, I was directing epic productions and I'd married somebody who had a stately home.
Speaker 2: I just had an epiphany.
Speaker 3: Wait, I'm sorry about that.
Speaker 1: What if this had.
Speaker 2: Happened to you, guys, because I keep bringing up Brenda went there and married you or whatever and had babies. But in the final episode that we ever see Brenda Walsh, she says to Dylan, give me something to come back to, and we allude to the fact that they make love one last time. But if we were to allude to the fact that when she went to get the part for Maggie the cat. She made love with Roy Randolph, then technically she could go away and she could have come baby and be pregnant or have a baby. But we don't know who the father is. It could be Dylan or it could be Roy Randolph. Oh, my dad would be so proud, right now.
Speaker 3: That's right. I don't know. Wow, this is obviously an adventure that could have happened.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, these things that will never know. This is sad, but it's so great to catch up with you, so much to see you and you will forever be Roy Randolph.
Speaker 3: You're wonderfully nice. Thank you, and you're looking great.
Speaker 2: Guys, thank you. I apologize to your wife that I seem to have hit on you. I wasn't. I just appreciate you.
Speaker 3: Hey, you can hit tell me anytime.
Speaker 1: Sorry, all right, Thank you so much. Jon, Bye, Jason.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Bye bye bye bye.
Speaker 3: Two