Speaker 1: Welcome to Chopping It Up. I'm your host, Mike Hallon, the senior restaurant and food service analyst at Bloomberg Intelligence. Today we're joined by Justin Rosenberg, founder and CEO of Honey Grow.
Speaker 2: It's up.
Speaker 1: That's up, man, Thanks for doing this, Thanks for having me. Let's just hop right in. Man, you weren't always a restaurant tour I was not. Tell us a little bit about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was, you know, from here. Always great to be back in my hometown, New York, even though my Phillies had on go. Phil's been in Philly for twenty years, which is a wild wild thought for me. But born and raised Long Islands, and I went to Penn State undergrad. Met a girl got me to Philly. Now she's my wife and mom of our three kids. And it was in finance in the beginning, and you know it just didn't love working in my cubicle. But it was great in many different ways, and did it for five years. But my passion's always been food and the idea of scaling something and building a business. Had some health challenges in my mid twenties. I waited a lot more in a bad way and went to the doctor, and you know, they're like, hey, you got really high blood sugar and high cholesterol and scared me. I just had a first kid. Verbatim, He's like, do you want to see her walk down the aisle one day? And scared me enough to say yes and get my life in order. Went vegan for about two years, but I was making salads for lunch, stir fry for dinner at the company I worked for, company called PRET It's a real estate investment trust. I would get the access for all the sales for all these different tenets. So like Chick fil A was doing insane numbers, right, I think there's like eight five today. But I would just people in a way, like why are these concepts doing so well? Why is the Apple store doing four thousand a square foot? What can I do to really create a great brand? You know, what are they doing that other brands are not doing? So I really wanted to create something that's not been done. I think there's so many bowl concepts out there, and this is like, you know, I'm part of that twenty tens boom. I didn't want to do you know, burgers, Mexican salad, it's all been done and you know, honey grop eighty five percent stir fries. So we're not a solid concept per se. And that was kind of it. Just got after it and rode a business plan and a lot in between. But that was the beginning, your brave soul.
Speaker 1: Did you know how difficult the restaurant business is going to be?
Speaker 2: No, I had no idea. I mean I worked for a buddy of mine on the weekends in DC in a kitchen and busted. My ass was just quiet, nobody knew who I was and just cooked and learned and got beat up in the kitchen. But I mean, any scaling a business career, you gotta be nuts man like, like you have to do. Something's wrong with us entrepreneurs, so like do what we do and withstand what we do. But like it's also just in our DNA and it's it's been fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's cool. It's interesting that you know health struggles and being overweight. Yeah, you know, because I just know you as being in shape.
Speaker 2: You want to see a picture. Yeah, I wish we had the cameras in here every phoner.
Speaker 1: Yeah for the listeners. Justin beat me up in jiujitsu class weeks ago.
Speaker 2: And we should we should talk about that, dude. This was me on jiu jitsu on awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he chained with a bunch of savages in Philly, their monsters.
Speaker 2: All right, So this is a picture of me. Got married in the two thousands, So this is I think it was my twenty two or twenty three. Here that's my now wife.
Speaker 1: Dude, that doesn't even look like you.
Speaker 2: I don't even know what she said. Yes, I genuinely don't know. Why what are you thinking? This guy's gross? But uh, I got some funny pictures. I can share it with you too. I'll shaw after this.
Speaker 1: I have a funny license where I was like, it was like, you know, I was going through a tough time in my marriage and I was really overweight, and he was around Christmas when I got you know, I had put on some weight after Thanksgiving and Christmas. I was probably like two forty. Right now I'm like two fifteen, and uh, you know, I look like a totally different person. But it was so funny, Like get handing my ID to people, they would look at the IDA, look at me, look at the ID, look at me, and I'd be like it was just rough. Cri SMIs you know, family to be you know, stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Well, you know it's the holidays. Dude, you you're but you're two fifteen. Let's talk about jiu jitsu real quick, because you're very well distributed to fifteen. You know, for all Mike's listeners out there. He actually, to his credit, drove in from Jersey to Philadelphia, central Jersey, not like you know, over the bridge, but central Jersey and then like doesn't know anyone in this this school that I go to Balance Studio. Shout out to my crew there. You know who you are and you and after it, man, like you like you really you trained stuff, but like not the ju jitsu side. Yeah, and you're formidable like you were like you had like like strong legs, like I couldn't get certain like moves on you, and you know you held your own. Dude. I was saying before, like I just kept checking on you. I'm like down the hall like the matt like getting my butt kicked and like keep an eye on you. And you were like you're getting after it. So you should be proud. That's cool.
Speaker 1: Thanks, man, It's fun. What I love about it. And MMA two is like it's such a humbling experience. Man, it is such a humbling exp experience and I think everybody needs that in life, you know what I mean. So I agree. Yeah, it's awesome, man. It's a great you know, stress reliever, and it's fun. It's like three D chests, right, like using your brain and thinking and trying to create traps. I'm not that good to be able to trap anybody, but you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It's three D chests and you know, not to go too deep into current events, but for me, and you know, I've been going through a hard time, Jewish people going through hard time, a lot of people going through a hard time, and it's been a chance for me to turn my brain off and you know, Monday morning, Tuesday night, Wednesday morning, I'm not thinking, I'm rolling and I'm just with other humans. I don't care your religion, your race, gender. People there to train and it's beautiful and awesome and I'm very grateful for it.
Speaker 1: That's cool, man, That's a great gym.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: All right, Cole, let's talk a little bit more about Honey Grow for the people that aren't familiar. Can you talk a little bit about the service model, the menu, customer base.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we're based in Philadelphia. Fast Schedule concept. We do freshly made to order stir fry salads, honey bar, which is take some fruit, there's all some honey on top of it. It's actually five percent of our sales. It's like a little snack. That's pretty cool. Everything's made to order order on a Kiosk, which is basically an app. And we have thirty six locations. So we're you know, Boston here in New York and Brooklyn, Hoboken, Jersey, Delaware, Baltimore area, DC, Metro Pittsburgh. Forgetting something which isn't good, but we will be at forty restaurants. But in this year, and thank god, things have been pretty good. It wasn't always good though, Nope, it was good bad.
Speaker 1: Good about the the bad part a little bit because I think I think listeners could learn a lot about it. And you've always been super open a bad which I think is really cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Look, I I have nothing to hide. I don't really care. It's like, you know, if we're going to be a publicly traded company one day, I don't know, like you're not. The numbers are the numbers at the end of the day. And I think the numbers will always speak for themselves, kind of like actions speak more than words, and that's my philosophy. And you know, the challenges we had was we raised a lot of money, We had the pressure to grow. We opened up a bunch of new markets. I had a second concept that really was more of a business solution than like a passion project. Honeygro is like from my heart and soul in DNA. Minigro was like, hey, like the cost to build a honey grow in twenty sixteen or fifteen was too much. Let's do this smaller version that we don't need to vent and have a simpler line, and we'll do that urban and the honey grow suburban, so instead of doing like one to six and I think, you know, we're all drinking the kool aid. I think this thing was going to be a successful as quickly as honey grow. And the food was great, and it did great until two thirty here in Manhattan, and then all of a sudden, you know, it's the city. But yeah, a lot of mistakes made, so you know, paid crazy rents, you know, just not really mastering that model. I think there was a lot of confusion. I think the best models are the simplest ones, and you can explain, like we sell seraphices and selves as we do. Minigro is like, well, it's noodles, it's bowls, it's salads. Food was great, but I think it was very difficult to really conceptualize and explain. So that was aside. And then with Honey Grow, you know, were really quick and we took on some rents that were pretty crazy and you know, seven new markets in one year, and plus we had a brand new corporate team. So it was just like the textbook of what to never do. And you know, look, it was a really hard, scary time five six years ago. And I think I've told the story, but I remember, you know, looking up my wife and I went to Miami to get away for a weekend, and my wife's on the phone with the kids, not really knowing everything going on in my life because I didn't want to like share all this, but we're running out of cash, and my our CFO at the time, my partner, David, was like, you know, we should really be considering bankruptcy together some of these leases, and you know, my wife's looking at the ocean like smiling, and I'm like I'm like, we're not doing that. We have we're going to create a plan, let's do it. And you know, I knew, and unfortunately, my investors have been very supportive and been very good and that way, a lot of people would have said, this doesn't work. I got our good luck. They put more cash in and let us execute our plan, and we did and then something so by twenty nineteen we were really on our way, and there's COVID. But by the middle of COVID, we're actually doing okay, thank god. And then the last three and a half years, you've been really good. We opened thirteen restaurants producing low twenties and ebada and we've been profitable from a like everyone's talking about ebada, like ajustity whatever, like yeah, we have a lot of that, thank god, but now we actually make money, so we have a net income basis. We've been profitable too. So one of my goals has been, you know, there's been a lot of companies that have gone public and iPod it's super inspirational and it's great, but I you know, I like to keep my gena tight, a little different from some of these other guys that they do what they need to do. And that's fine. But I'm a firm believer after going through what I've been through with cash and everything else. Like, run the business type. We're not a tech company or a restaurant company. Our jobs to make people happy, s have really good food, do it over and over and over and over again. We're not perfect, but you know it's not I'm not creating time travel here. Yeah, I'm not like, you know, creating portals in space. It's like the restaurant business.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a simple business, but it's hard. Yeah right, but yeah, no, that that's great. I think there's a lot of great lessons in there because a lot of chains now are trying to shrink the size of the box because it's expensive to open a new store, construsting construction costs are up. You know, we haven't seen that kind of break in the cost of real estate that a lot of people have been expecting with interest rates being higher and stuff like that. So you're seeing a lot of chains making that move.
Speaker 2: Yep, yep. Absolutely, We've been flexible in the real estate. So two thousand square feet will take some reason twenty five hundred square feet, but we'll take two thousand if we can make it work, and then we'll take three thousand. We can make it work. But you know, we're all competing for the same twenty five hundred square foot pad site, redcap space, and the challenge is there's not enough of that coming out of COVID and there's there's a lot of big box but there's not a lot of that. And the issue then becomes everyone's growing and they have cash. And I hear this from everybody. It's like it's just everyone's competing for the same real estate, driving up rents and you're getting less from landlords. So for example, we I turned out of space recently because of recently iPod company was willing to pay a crazy rent and I'm like, this is in Pennsylvania, in a suburb of PA and I'm like affiliate. I'm like, go for it. I mean, that's a mistake I made six seven years ago, and that's fine. Like, if they can do it and afford it, go for it. You know, I know the AUVs and they can make it work. Cool, We're going to be disciplined and it's it's good, but it's not great. We move on and that's just how it has to pay well.
Speaker 1: It's good they're private and you can do that right because you know, once you get that equity money, you know, the Wall Street's pressuring you to open more stores and you've got to hit those bogies or where the evaluation multiple gets dinged and you're on you're on that hamster wheel, you know you are.
Speaker 2: And I think internally we're really disciplined group, but we're also aggressive. You know, we grew this year. We'll have nine new restaurants into base of thirty one, so you know, next year we're looking to do twelve to thirteen more. So we're not you know, we're certainly aggressive in the market, but you know we're not going to be twenty next year.
Speaker 1: It's just not possible. Yeah, it's no way. Yeah. And I guess what's the biggest hurdle is it? Is it finding good managers?
Speaker 2: Always? Always like finding a good GM is always the most key thing you need to successfully run a business. And I you know, recently said on a separate podcast, and it's true, and it's like, you know, this is quoting, it's like Jocko from you know, Extreame Ownership. But it's a great line. It's very true. There's no bad teams. There's only about leaders. And if you have a really good leader, they can remove the low performers on the team, build up your top performers and really like push where you need to go. Whereas if you have a bad leader, like things are going to happen that you don't want. So, you know, one of the key things we've been doing is pushing an elite GM program, which is very similar to the restaurant tour program from Chipotle, but it's very effective. And when you create these cultures of folks that are like all star teams led by really great gms, the food taste better, you know, the experience is better, the vibe is better, the music is the right volume, like everything kind of clicks. The hospitalities there and it becomes a really great experience. And then the P and L is also really strong, not just the sales, but things are managed tight. So it's that balance of like culture and vibe and business results is really key. But it starts with the GM.
Speaker 1: Cool. Yeah. Black Box Intelligence has done some work on that and they talk about how that's like the biggest correlation with a successful restaurants having a great no question, Yeah, cool, it's financing, tighten up, tightening up.
Speaker 2: We're not looking for financing, so we've been pretty lucky. We recently extended or got more in a line and the terms are pretty favorable. But I hear other things, so yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Know franchisees you know who don't have the scale, Yeah, or especially getting squeezed a little bit right now. Yeah, yeah. Can you talk a little bit about your mix of in restaurants sales versus to go and kind of what the pandemic did and how it changed your business.
Speaker 2: For sure, we were eight percent delivery pre pandemic. We are today sticky it around thirty three, thirty four percent like high a pandemic almost fifty percent kind of stable.
Speaker 1: Your food travels well, thank god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like it's it's literally like you know you've had like it's freshly made noodles. It's great, by the way, thank you, the noodles of the same duel as David Chang is gonna get more food. But it's like a high quality good product. We're very proud of that. And uh, it travels well. And during the pandemic, a lot of folks discovered us and it helped us stay alive and ultimately thrive, so it was good.
Speaker 1: Cool. Do you have any plans to franchise in the future.
Speaker 2: No, I mean, look, we talk about it at the board level, but right now the focus is the growth plan and just executing that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, I mean you have impressive unit economic uni economics, so it doesn't seems like there's any real reason too at this point until you go international, right, you got to grab that international partner and let them run with it.
Speaker 2: One day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how our staffing levels better?
Speaker 2: Yeah, twenty end of twenty one, beginning of twenty two was horrible. I remember just like walking in too the restaurants and just seeing like there were days we couldn't even open because we couldn't staff. People just were not showing up. So many no shows on interviews are happening. I mean, it was a really, really, really stressful time. And kudos to the team at Honey Growth for getting through it, in particularly the ops team, who are badasses and shout outs to all you guys and girls. You know who you are. But it was hard, you know, they did a great job.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, good, Yeah, that's what we've been hearing. Things are definitely getting better. Still, some a little bit of issues at late night. But even that's that's getting a little bit easier to staff right now. Yeah, you guys have always seemed to be ahead of the game on technology. I uh, the Kiosks, you were early on those, the virtual reality training. Yeah, I love that kind I love that. So it was fun, Yeah, really really cool. You can find it on YouTube. Uh, you know for the listeners. Is there anything else that you're you know, focused on right now technology wise?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, look, the the Kiosks, it's essentially an app where one hundred percent digital. As an organization, it's either you know, you're ordering on the app, you're ordering the mobile website. I'm sorry, on the Hunter website, you're ordering on a Kiosk. We're ordering third parties. So we're you know, that's just the way it is. Not intentionally wanting that. Actually, I'm not going to sit here in SA a tech genius.
Speaker 1: I'm not.
Speaker 2: I just knew that if you wanted a salad and I wanted to stir fry, the best way to do it. It's also assume that most people don't want to create their own food, which is the number one thing was create on Stuver a chicken excuse me. I knew that that would be the cleanest, best way to do it and also make it beautiful in the process. So yeah, I launched that in twenty twelve. And now yeah, we have the app with it, which is great, and everything gets funneled into the same loyalty system, so you can actually get loyalty rewards on the Kiosk and on the app, which really helps strive frequency in a really cool way, which I know our competitors can't do. Yeah. And then for the future, like you know, everyone's talking about automation, We've we've been looking at some stuff and maybe test some stuff on it. But honestly, like we run like good numbers and not to sound cliche, but like it like annoys me a lot when everyone tries to get very techy and like, you know, we're gonna get rid of people. Like there have been concepts I've seen that have really tried this in the past, say four or five years, and it doesn't feel good. Yeah, and the food's not as good and there's something missing from that.
Speaker 1: It's almost like it's sterile, I guess is the word. It's like, yeah, it's it doesn't feels like you're in like a hospital or something that in at a restaurant, it.
Speaker 2: Feels like you're in the hospital. I mean, look, the kiosks don't save us labor at all, Like people think, oh well, yeah, I mean you can make the argument during peak lunch that there's four chios, but I also make the argument that you could go on your app too, So it really isn't saving on labor. And if anything, we have a person on the floor as an ambassador, table touching, cleaning tables and et cetera. So you know, look, I don't I'm a firm believer in finding really great quality folks and we need good folks because we're opening more restaurants and a benefit of working at honeygro Is. Look, if you're a team member and you want to be GM good like, well, we'll train you. That's part of the Elite GM program. Uh so yeah, I mean we're not down that automation path yet. We're checking some stuff out. If we can make the lives with the team easier, great, But you know, I never want to be that sterile concept that's banking on tech.
Speaker 1: Well, it's great that you have the employees touching the tables because a lot of your fast casual competitors aren't doing that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and by the way, we don't beat a thousand. There's sometimes I'm walking in there, I'm like, where's that the ambassador. So it's been a massive push of mine. And again, like I just mentioned this bell to say it again a previous podcast, but Ivan Orkan, who is incredible Roman chef Ivan Ramen. I'm sure you know him. I was on a panel with him recently and he had he had an amazing line that I've been just I've been just pushing home to my team and when I'm in the restaurant, especially with the team members and the gms, it's like, guys like you will never go back to a restaurant where the food is incredible but the service sucks. You're just not gonna you will not go back, Like, I don't know, maybe you will.
Speaker 1: I don't. There's a great uh tapist place near me at home, and there's I had a bad experience with the service one time, and the food is phenomenal, but I never went back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's you know, quoting. You know, everyone in my generation read Danny Meyer's book, right, And I'm paraphrasing, but it's like, you know, one of the first things that happens when you're born, if anything, is you're being held. So it's like a Nate and you want to be taken care of him. That's part of the restaurant experience. So look, it's if the food, you know, it's the best word for this. Diversely, I guess, you know, contrapositive of that. Conversely, that was what I was thinking of Branda tired. If you're in a situation and the food is good and the service is incredible, you will go back. And like, we're not a Michelin Star restaurant at all. We're not. We don't want to be. But we do our thing and if the service can be really great, we know we can get folks to come back. That'll be the biggest driver of frequency. That will be the biggest driver of you know, people talking about us and marketing and you know that's the restaurant business.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I guess that is that something that you're doing too, is like trying to hire for emotional intelligence. Oh for sure, Danny.
Speaker 2: Talks about right absolutely, And again we don't bat a thousand. We recently opened a restaurant. I don't want to say which one, but it's that was great. But an opening day there was an ambassador who should not have been ambassador. And I'm like, you know, what are we failing on here to, you know, like to not recognize that? Yeah, And I realized a lot of our team, you know, leaders, be it in the restaurants or you know, DMS or whoever. You know, some folks may not realize the importance of that characteristic, right, It's not just a person cleaning tables. And today, you know, I'll give a shout out to our DMS or legendary group you know who you are. They're all over it now. It's like, you want to find people who were going to care, yeah, and self motivated people who are willing to be coached and care. We don't want a janitor on the floor just like quietly cleaning things up. That's that's not hospitality. Like you want them to be like, hey, how's your stuffry? Looks really good?
Speaker 1: Cool?
Speaker 2: Thank you, I get you anything else. Let me refill that for you real quick. You're like, I'm coming back.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So it's those things are critical.
Speaker 1: So is it hard to like, is it hard to figure out who's going to be the next good manager. And you know, do you find a lot of employees maybe that don't want to be a manager, that are very happy at you know, working the register or whatever it may be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that that was a really that last to last point. That was a good lesson I learned early on. So when I was running the restaurants, the people who would be great, like prep people, per se and I always had the best attitudes and we're willing to help, and like they didn't necessarily make the best managers. And I learned that, you know, good eleven years ago. It was like, why wouldn't you. They just want to work, They want to put their head down, they want to like hang with their friends, and they want to just do their thing. It is hard. It is hard to find good folks who want to move up. I mean often they're just like I want, I want it. And that's you know, for me, the first sign like great, show me that you want it, and let's see if you have the skill set. And you know, being a leader and one of the hardest things for me because again like I created from scratch and I ran the restaurants, is going from door to leading. It was a conversation I recently had with my COO about somebody else. But like, you got to be leading, and leading means developing people, Like you got to spend your time. It's easier for me to just go in there sometimes and do stuff right, whatever the thing is, But it's better for me to build that person to do that. And that's really what I think separates managers and leaders, and that's something that's become a huge focus of mine.
Speaker 1: That's cool, man. I wish I spent more time working in restaurants. I did a little bit of time as a short order cook. Was like usually it was not easy. Usually in emergency situations too. For my friend at the town pool. I was a lifeguard in the Cedar Grove, New Jersey, and yeah, my friend ran the snack bar, and so if he was in a jam he couldn't work and the cooks called out sick, I would take the day because I could always find another lifeguard that wanted to work, and I'd work as a short order cook. But I you know, I did it. You know, I don't know, five ten times I wish I wish I had more actual restaurant experience.
Speaker 2: Now that I cover restaurants, what were you cooking?
Speaker 1: Oh man, it was what do we do? We did a lot of tail ham eg and cheese sandwiches in New Jersey, right, we did a lot of those grilled chicken, some fried chicken, French fries. You know, you get a few fryers there, and yeah, it.
Speaker 2: Was hard work.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: For sure, tickets are coming up, doesn't matter where you're cooking. It's painful. I know what that feeling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was like if I got a ticket, I was just heating up some pizza. It was like a relief. It was nice.
Speaker 2: The pizza is like that's easy. Yeah you uh, anyone in the restaurant, we all have PTSD from that that printer noise. There was a great episode. I mentioned it on some Instagram posts, but it was like, I'm sure you watched The Bear.
Speaker 1: I haven't.
Speaker 2: I heard it's great, dude, you gotta watch it.
Speaker 1: Check it out.
Speaker 2: My wife and I love that show. Yeah, that's it's one episode where they put on third party delivery and just like the tickets heap coming. It's just like it's a painful episode.
Speaker 1: Like your PTSD starts kicking in for sure, tablet hell and all that kind of stuff. Man, crazy crazy times for sure. All right, Cole, how's how's uh? What are you seeing from the consumer?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we're not seeing folks trade down yet. We're pretty study on our average check still, which has been great comping. Our transactions are up still as well, So very happy with where we're at. September was a bit of a flatter month for us, I think for a lot of folks as well, and just kind of trying to figure out why October has been really good. But you know, for the past really almost four years, twenty twenty one, twenty two, twenty three, like it's always been like this crystal ball. I don't know. And I think we're a good group that we act accordingly and make changes as necessary. We're all over it pricing. You know, we've raised prices since twenty twenty by twelve percent. We did the math. Our peers has to be well biled behind Piers, right, Yeah, our peer group, I.
Speaker 1: Mean a lot of your peers Rows increased their prices twelve percent last.
Speaker 2: Year, right, so I think the peer group was like at least fifteen to seventeen percent based on the math that we've done. And uh, listen, as an entrepreneur, I hate raising prices like it's easy. It's an easy short term win, and sometimes it makes sense, and we have to deal with inflation. Yeah, but I worry, and you and I had this conversation I don't know, like almost a year ago at this point, about all the death that's out there, student loans, geopolitical stuff happening, oil prices, et cetera. And you know, I worry about folks not having the ability to go out and spend as much money, obviously, and I think a lot of other people still think otherwise. And I'm on the other side of that. And you know, look, every time gas prices go up, we see drop, sales drop. I mean, I remember last year when gas prices went up in the summertime. We're just our comp went from like here to here. We're like, okay, it's not like things just change at honeygro overnight. So I don't know, a lot of people live on budgets, man. You know, for sure, my mentor taught me that. He's like, you know, people in Middle America look very different than people on the coast.
Speaker 1: You know, He's like, gasoline price goes up fifty cents, that's a discretionary money. That they probably to spent that they can't now.
Speaker 2: Right absolutely. I mean, you know you're gonna buy a stirfry for you know, thirteen bucks and a drink for two bucks and tax versus, Hey, that might get you three gallons of guests. So yeah, you know, it's it's tough and everybody's back on the roads. Man, My commute's brutal recently. It's it sucks.
Speaker 1: You're coming from Jersey's Yeah, all the way down to I'm North Jersey down to Princeton. It's a hike, man, it's a hike. But I got a good gig, man, so I can't complain.
Speaker 2: You know, this is the nicest office I've ever seen Bloomberg.
Speaker 1: Yeah, free snacks here, We're we're in New York. This is actually the first podcast is podcast number twenty six is the first one I've done in person.
Speaker 2: Oh nice?
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is cool, Like, isn't it? It is really cool. I'm gonna have to do more of these, but should but yeah, so yeah, we got the free snacks, free coffees, whatever you need. There's definitely an ROI on all that stuff.
Speaker 2: I was doing the math I was waiting for there. It was like thinking about what I'm paying rent in Center City, Philadelphia are four thousand square foot. We make it happen though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this place is nice. If you haven't been here, it looks like a spaceship when you first come up onto the sixth floor.
Speaker 2: It's ridiculous. The free snack thing was crazy for me. I'm like, oh my god, like that's crazy.
Speaker 1: You know, listen, that's not free right, Like I'm not going across the street and taking time away from my desk. So there's there's an r I on it.
Speaker 2: There's maths.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, justin that was awesome man, thank you for doing this.
Speaker 2: My god, my pleasure.
Speaker 1: Man. Where can the audience go to find out more about Honey Girl find their local, you know, the closest store.
Speaker 2: Yeah, honeygro dot com locations app has everything on there as well. Social media Instagram, honey Grow, Facebook, honey Grow. And we'll be opening up in a few more markets. So we're in Pittsburgh, We're opening a new one coming up in Roeville. We're opening up in tom Serve, New Jersey later this year, Brumaul, Pennsylvania. And we are also going to be doing there's one I forgetting that's not good. There's a fourth one in there. Brandon tired.
Speaker 1: So yeah, listen, it's Friday. It's late on Friday.
Speaker 2: Alexandria, Virginia, I forget you guys. Yeah, that's a good one. So very excited in that next year. Just continue to push.
Speaker 1: Awesome, man, it's a great story. I love following it. Sure, I gotta get back into the gym so you can beat me up again.
Speaker 2: I didn't really beat you up.
Speaker 1: You're good shoves in survival mode, you know. A big thanks to the audience for tuning in. If you liked the episode, please share with your friends and colleagues. Check back in a couple of weeks. I'll be discussing the labor market with Vivian Wang, the founder and CEO of Landing