Speaker 1: Second date, up date.
Speaker 2: You ever been out with someone and thought, what am I doing? They are way out of my league?
Speaker 3: Haha.
Speaker 4: I don't think I say no, they've.
Speaker 2: Got some liars in the room, because everybody's felt that. But have you ever had your own mother tell you, sorry, honey, that girl is way out of your leaves. Oh, you should give up and save yourself the embarrassment.
Speaker 1: My mom thinks I'm the most handsome man in the world.
Speaker 2: There's no way again, another good liar there. But the day That's what happened to one of our listeners, Alex. His own mom doesn't believe that he's got game.
Speaker 4: I mean, you relate to this so heavily, don't you, Jeffrey.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 2: But Alex proved her wrong by hanging out with a solid seven according.
Speaker 5: To him, and getting a cheap hotel.
Speaker 1: Room with her.
Speaker 2: Alex or with some of what I said exaggerated for entertainment.
Speaker 3: Well, technically it wasn't my hotel.
Speaker 6: I mean, it was it was hers.
Speaker 1: But yeah, okay, pay for it. That's right at the hotel room.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she was out of town, so it was a business that.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, Jeffery, you painted it. Yes, that was exaggerated for entertainment purposes.
Speaker 2: Okay, I was hoping that was perfectly accurate. But why don't you start from the beginning. Tell us about this girl you met?
Speaker 3: Well, you said solid seven. I agree, but you know, chatfash is really beautiful and.
Speaker 4: Does she have it?
Speaker 5: Wait?
Speaker 4: Does she have a name?
Speaker 6: Yeah, her name is Tiffany.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, how'd you meet her?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 6: We went on a dating app.
Speaker 3: We were just swiping, and I guess she was looking for something because she came from out of town.
Speaker 4: If you're like coming in from out of town and you're getting on Tinder, are you just bored? Are you looking for a one night like?
Speaker 2: Well, let's not sell our man short that like she just matched with him because she was bored looking to kill tom? I think I think she saw something that she liked on that dating press.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean that's what Yeah, that's what I'm going for. You know, I post a lot of like shirtless picks and stuff.
Speaker 3: So if anyone comes out from out of town and you know, they getting into wow, I think.
Speaker 4: She definitely was only looking for what if she swiped right on a shirtless dude and she's in town for one night kind of goes together.
Speaker 1: How did the date go?
Speaker 6: It was going it was going great. We're having a good time.
Speaker 4: At first, Where did you guys meet? Just like at her hotel, like at the bar.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just kind of like at the bar across the street kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Okay, I thought it.
Speaker 6: Was going well because she did. Eventually she took me to her hotel room.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, not much, not much to do there, I think he'll I think.
Speaker 4: He's being sarcastic.
Speaker 6: I'm not. I'm not being sarcastic. There's not a lot of stuff to do in a hotel room.
Speaker 3: To do.
Speaker 4: The last thing, okay, doing there?
Speaker 1: Watch TV? Yeah, doing any of these.
Speaker 4: Wait, why did you go to the hotel room?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 1: Please don't tell me to iron.
Speaker 3: No, I mean I thought things were picking up. I thought things were getting about to heat up, and I was curious to see what the decorn her hotel room look like.
Speaker 1: Oh I didn't tell.
Speaker 4: What to sarcasm and is what is not? He's serious?
Speaker 3: But yeah, I mean I thought it was going well and then she I think she tried to ditch me though.
Speaker 4: Wait in the room or where are you at?
Speaker 1: What are you talking about?
Speaker 5: She pushed you out of the elevator and then shut the door.
Speaker 3: We made it to the room, I checked out the decor, and then she left me for four hours.
Speaker 6: Yeah, son bought.
Speaker 3: I think she wanted me to go with her. She was going to go see a friend, but she made it seem like it was going to be real quick, like just to say hi.
Speaker 6: So I was like, oh, I'll just stay.
Speaker 2: So she left you in her hotel room to go meet up with a friend real quick and then said she was.
Speaker 6: Going to be back exactly.
Speaker 3: She asked me to come with her a couple of times, and I was like, no, I'll just chill here. You say hi, and I'll be ready when you're back.
Speaker 7: Oh, so you sent me, you stayed for four hours, you're committed.
Speaker 6: I mean she texted me a couple of times. I was like, hey, what's going on, you know? And she said, no, I'm sorry, I want to I'll be back soon. She wants texting me, okay.
Speaker 4: And she never once asked you to leave.
Speaker 3: No, she didn't ask me to leave. She did say like, if you want to leave, you.
Speaker 5: Can, okay.
Speaker 2: So you didn't take that as like a hint that maybe you should go.
Speaker 6: No, I mean I don't know why I was. I made the hotel room. I'm gonna stay.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna wait it out this way for her to come back.
Speaker 2: I can't try to.
Speaker 4: Get rid of you or not.
Speaker 2: She is listen the fact that she invited him, like, hey, come with.
Speaker 4: Me out of the room. She tried out of the room. She wanted him gone, and then she was gone for four hours, just in hopes that he would actually be gone.
Speaker 2: She saw his hunky, shirtless body and was intimidated and was like, I need some more liquid courage in order to deal with this hunk of a man.
Speaker 4: What did she say? Did she say that when she came back into the hotel room now.
Speaker 3: With those words, No, she uh, you know, it was about midnight at that point. She got back, and at first she was apologizing.
Speaker 6: And she's like, oh, my friend, you know, we're just catching up. We had to talk, okay, yeah, no worries.
Speaker 3: And then she finally was like, well I have an early meeting and yeah, I think I finally got the hint at that point.
Speaker 1: Oh that's when you got the hints. Yeah, So how did you leave it?
Speaker 3: I just said, oh, yeah, no worries, and uh kind of left but I feel like we had a good time before that.
Speaker 6: You know, her friend kind of got on the way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wait, what do you what do you want?
Speaker 4: Like you want to go out with her again?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I want to go out with her.
Speaker 3: I made it to the hotel room. That's the only time I've ever been invited to a hotel room because.
Speaker 1: It is kind of a smooth line.
Speaker 4: Though, I thought, what it's sincere Jeffrey.
Speaker 6: She could have said no.
Speaker 4: I think she realized that. Now have you text suitor called her? Have you talked to Tiffany at all?
Speaker 3: I texted her, I said we should hang out some time.
Speaker 6: Do you have her back? She just said sounds like a plan.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, well, think that's good.
Speaker 4: I don't think that's good.
Speaker 1: She could have said, no.
Speaker 6: Can I can I confess something? You all?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know if I want to.
Speaker 6: I just there's one thing.
Speaker 3: You know, people always ask like, is there anything that could have made it weird? I do sometimes photoshop my pictures.
Speaker 5: Okay, let's let's come back and try and get you a second date up date.
Speaker 8: Right after this hold on Second Date Update book, we have a listener who has come to us with a problem. He needs our wisdom, our encouragement, and what we don't need brook is your condescending signs.
Speaker 4: And oh honeys, I didn't say.
Speaker 2: Karen slamming his interest in hotel Decor's it?
Speaker 4: He called for honesty?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 1: No he did not.
Speaker 2: He did not ask to get another take. You have a responsibility, broke to our listener.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 2: We need to stand up and be an advocate for the photoshop shirtless men of this world.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Man, not a lot of guys would.
Speaker 2: Have the willpower, the mental fortitude to wait alone in a woman's hotel room for four hours after she excused herself, but Alex did, and we need to show him some respect.
Speaker 1: Gosh, darn it. Tell him how impressed you are.
Speaker 5: He's persistent, I mean, Alex at.
Speaker 4: Okay, Alex there, I don't think she did, buddy, But like, I think she was missing an opportunity because I think you sound like a nice person.
Speaker 6: You might want to go for a second date.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Alex, do you feel supported by Brooks words? There?
Speaker 3: I feel like she's.
Speaker 6: Being nice, but I'm glad she's trying anyways.
Speaker 2: All Right, he knows that you can't do your job or you aren't willing to help him, but he's still going to stick through it, just like he's stuck around in that girl's hotel room. All right, let's call her and try and get you a second date.
Speaker 1: You ready, Alex?
Speaker 6: I'm ready?
Speaker 4: All right? What's doing?
Speaker 7: Hello?
Speaker 1: Hey, we're looking for Tiffany.
Speaker 7: This is she?
Speaker 2: What's up, Tiffany? You're You're on the radio right now with Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 7: Uh yeah, what what is this about?
Speaker 2: This is about something we do on our show called a second date update, where we try and help our listeners reconnect with people that they met up with online or went on a date with. Ye and you met up with a guy recently named Alex, right.
Speaker 4: Man, I bet it was a memorable night.
Speaker 7: Uh yeah, you could. You could say that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, sounded out pretty fun from our end of the conversation.
Speaker 1: That was our takeaway.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think the first half hour, maybe when they were actually hanging out.
Speaker 1: There was definitely good moments we've heard.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, look, I was just trying to have some fun.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 7: It was a work trip. I popped on the apps, thought maybe we could hang out, have dinner.
Speaker 1: Mission accomplished.
Speaker 2: Fun achieved, Okay, so what did you think when you.
Speaker 4: First saw Alex.
Speaker 7: I could tell pretty quickly that, like he was a nice guy, but we weren't necessarily a good match. And you know from even like in his pictures, he seemed like a kind of nice, wholesome guy. And when we met up, he was really nice and I don't know, he seemed really interest said my trip and what hotel I was staying at.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he was mentioning that to us and that he wanted to see what the decor in your hotel looked like.
Speaker 4: And we thought it was like just a line, but it sounds like he was truly interested in the passionate.
Speaker 7: Wholesome Yeah, yeah, it wasn't a line. He like walked into the room and was like caressing the curtains, like the crown molding was mind blowing.
Speaker 4: Oh that was actually fancy. Sold I mean, what were you thinking when he's doing all this?
Speaker 7: I mean I mostly turned on. So just you know, when like you take a risk and you say, like I was bringing this guy into my hotel room a good idea and no, it really seems to be interested in this, but it wasn't anyway, it wasn't much really, and I was ready for the evening to be over. So I said, oh, like, one of my friends is also in town, so I'm going to meet up with them in the lobby. Do you want I come with? And he just said, no.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's too early to be meeting the friends of the people that you're dating.
Speaker 1: On night one.
Speaker 4: I think I want to get acquainted with this crown molding over the wait. So the friend wasn't made up? The friend was real?
Speaker 7: Oh no, the friend was entirely made up.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, you lied to him, the sweet innocent man. Why would you ask him to go with you then?
Speaker 7: Like what I mean? At this point, I was just trying to figure out a way to get him to leave the room because it didn't feel like he was going to So, you know, I thought maybe I'd get in the elevator and I jump off or something. I don't I don't know what.
Speaker 2: The solution was off in the hallway, not like down the elevator shaft.
Speaker 1: So he was. He was in there, he said, for hours, and you never came back.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I was trying to figure out what I was going to do to get this light free man out of my hotel.
Speaker 1: Room, trapped out of your own hotel room.
Speaker 4: And it's not because you felt threatened by him or anything.
Speaker 7: It's you is never mean, you know, he was was persistent, and obviously I made a mistake taking him there, but he, you know, was polite when I came back, and he didn't make a pass or anything. It was just kind of all in the morning.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's not good at picking up the hints, but overall he sounds like a nice guy.
Speaker 7: Yeah. I thought that until the next day when I checked out of the hotel. What oh yeah. So apparently he ordered a movie to the room while I was gone, and I was like, well, I didn't watch anything, you know. I saw the bill and they said, well it was rented at this time to your room, and I looked at it and it was I don't even know how to describe this movie other than it's titled Flutter Island.
Speaker 6: Hey, I have to say something here now.
Speaker 1: Earth like Butterfly Special.
Speaker 2: Hold hold on, Tiffany. That that was that's Alex. He's been on the other line listening this whole time to talk to you.
Speaker 1: But what was the name of the movie?
Speaker 7: Flutter Island.
Speaker 8: Like Shutter Island, but that it was not a documentary.
Speaker 4: Why would you do that, Alex?
Speaker 3: First of all, I went down and I paid the guy with cash and I told him to take it off the bills.
Speaker 6: That should have never happened. Who like I wist, I would have never made you pay for that. That's on the hotel.
Speaker 4: No, gross, dude, you were in her brain.
Speaker 1: Anything and there he just watched a movie.
Speaker 5: We don't know what he did.
Speaker 6: I don't want to know even to happen.
Speaker 3: Nothing happened, and she it wouldn't have happened if she hadn't lied to me.
Speaker 1: He was up there for four hours.
Speaker 5: What else is he gonna do.
Speaker 3: That You were taking such a long time, and I thought, you know, I thought it maybe helped me get in the mood. And you know, in case something did happen.
Speaker 7: And it didn't.
Speaker 6: Nothing happen, which is fine.
Speaker 3: And that wasn't even supposed to be on your bill.
Speaker 7: It's not it being on my bill that is the problem here. You get that right?
Speaker 6: What did you want me to do?
Speaker 7: They said it leave? Leave it's not your space. Why would you think it's okay to rent a movie in the first place.
Speaker 5: Well, he thinks something's gonna happen.
Speaker 4: Though it doesn't. It's her room. It's not his room. It's her room, her space. You invaded it a little different.
Speaker 6: I was invited. But yes, oh my, he has.
Speaker 2: A point, and I think he's still interested in seeing you one more time, Tiffany, if you're up for seeing him again, we would pay for a date to go out wherever you live.
Speaker 6: I'll cover the play.
Speaker 3: I just you know, Tiffany, I think we did have a good time, and that part of it was weird, but I think, you know, communication wise, we'll get better at that.
Speaker 6: And we should. We should try again.
Speaker 4: How could you be that clueless?
Speaker 6: Alex?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's called persistence, Brooks.
Speaker 4: It's idioticy, that's not even a word dumbness. I don't know.
Speaker 6: Hey, she wasn't even supposed to know about that. It was I asked the guy to pay. I paid him with cash. Where did that go?
Speaker 3: You have to we should make a complaint to the hotel.
Speaker 5: Actually it's an hotel's fault.
Speaker 4: Did you are not going to ask this question?
Speaker 5: Come on, did Alex one more chance? Don't let that hotel's mistake ruin a shot at love.
Speaker 4: We just say this time you can invite him into your apartment. You could just end up living there.
Speaker 1: Plus, I just googled it. There's a Slutter Island to you.
Speaker 5: Guys have to watch that together. We'll pay for it.
Speaker 7: Tiffany, you know, I think I'd rather sit in the hotel lobby for three nights straight.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: Hey, I don't know that that's clear to Alex. You may just need to say no.
Speaker 1: It's looking Jeffrey in the morning.