Speaker 1: From UFOs to psychic powers and government conspiracies. History is riddled with unexplained events. You can turn back now or learn this stuff they don't want you to know. A production of.
Speaker 2: IHEARTRADI Hello, Welcome back to the show. My name is Matt, my name is Nolan.
Speaker 3: They call me Ben. We're joined as always with our super guest producer Chandler the Golfman Maze a item. Most importantly, folks, are you You are here? That makes this the stuff they don't want you to know. It's one of our favorite evenings of the week when we get to hear from our fellow conspiracy realist all across the world and sometimes arguably beyond. We are going to get some letters from home, a thing that we've been doing lately that I quite like. We're going to learn a little bit about the go Garcia. We're going to learn about an active, very strange recruitment conspiracy on the part of Uncle Sam. And before we do any of that, in deference to this most wonderful of seasons, we thought we'd start with a horror story.
Speaker 4: Oh boy, did we ever think that? Gosh, this one comes from Beesel Bob, which is a great name I'm gonna go with beel z Abob, but beesel Bob is good too. I think some folks pronounce it beesel bub. I believe right, the name for the devil lucifer I scratch the dark one exactly.
Speaker 2: I think that's how this person pronounced it when they called in the voicemail systems diesel Bub diesel Bob.
Speaker 3: Alternatively, it's sometimes diesel Bub refers to Satan as a synonym, and then sometimes it's a employee of see one of the Seven Princesses. He's the he's the gluttony.
Speaker 4: Guy, well see In any case, Bob is a fabulous nickname for this listener who wrote into us with the subject line the day I may have sold my soul to the devil.
Speaker 2: WHOA.
Speaker 4: And I don't know if you all have been watching The Fall of the House of Usher on Netflix. N Yeah, but it's very good and that is a somewhat central theme. No spoilers, but I highly recommend checking it. I just finished it last night, and I think it's one of the best things Mike Flanagan's ever done. And also, if you're into Edgar Allan Poe and like this kind of weird literature, weird fiction. It ticks all the boxes. It does a really good job of weaving a lot of the stories that you might be familiar with, but presenting them in a way that's a little different than you might expect. So let's jump right into this story on how Beesel bub may have accidentally or on purpose sold their soul to the devil. Hello, STDWYITK, this is Beesel Bob. Please do share my name and message on air if you so choose. I have a real life horror story for you, a story in which I may have met the devil itself. As a guitarist, I was intrigued to learn the story of the Delta Blues guitarist Robert Johnson. Johnson was rumored to have sold his soul to the devil in exchange for musical ability. Johnson also practiced by playing in the cemetery, as it was one of the safest places for a black man to practice in the South. It has also been said that to really learn to play the blues, one must play for the dead. I took the saying to heart and began practicing in cemeteries. That is until I discovered that the dead do not appreciate being disturbed, oh Man. On one such occasion in Jacksonville, Florida, as I began playing, I suddenly heard the noise of stone grinding on stone and the snort of a pig. Immediately, a voice said, leave what. I hurriedly packed my guitar and took off down the path, when all at once a very loud boom reverberated throughout the cemetery, and I felt a strong gust of wind push at my back, as if to kick me out. On another night, in Portland, Oregon, I sat underneath an old tree to play. Suddenly I felt this instinctual urge that I should stand. When I turned around, I shined my flashlight at where I had been seated, and to my horror, discovered the largest spider I have ever seen was hanging by a single thread, directly over where my head had been ewh Lastly, one night, while walking in New Orleans, Louisiana, I fear that I may have met the devil. I was walking towards the crossroads at which stood Lafayette Cemetery Number one. I was reminded of Johnson's song Crossroads. I was singing and whistling that song. As I approached, when I noticed a figure in black standing at the crossroads without moving. This figure was standing there as if waiting for me to approach. Unnerved, I crossed to the other side of the road and headed towards the cemetery up on the left of the crossroads. The figure remained glued.
Speaker 3: To the spot.
Speaker 4: As I drew closer, I noticed the figure was a man wearing some kind of security uniform. He watched me as I headed over to the cemetery. I thought to myself that it was strange that this lone security guard would be standing on an empty street corner so late in the night. Realizing the cemetery was locked, I considered jumping the iron fence, but the security guard was still staring at me. I settled for gazing pensively through the bars into the shadowy cemetery. Suddenly I noticed the security guard walking closely behind me. He said to me as he passed behind me. Nice place to meditate, isn't it. I replied that it was and turned around, but the security guard had completely vanished. I rounded the corner of the cemetery and looked to where he might have gone, but he was nowhere. In sight. I'm not sure if by evoking the spirit of Robert Johnson I summoned the devil, and if in doing so I inadvertently sold my soul. I can note that my ability to play the blues significantly improved after this encounter. I am a devoted follower of the show and am forever grateful to you.
Speaker 2: WHOA, those are good. That's intense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, thank you, Bee Sable. I love the way you write.
Speaker 2: Man agreed.
Speaker 3: Also, I've got some good news for you if you are if you do believe in the human soul. Typically the way it has to be sold is it's a misconception. You don't have to necessarily sign anything. A gentleman's agreement can hold so as long as you didn't shake hands or make the declarative statement in which you agreed to barter away your soul. It may be a situation where you just got some encouragement, not a little at a boy and you know who doesn't enjoy a good place to meditate.
Speaker 4: Interesting that the devil would be talking about meditating, though, right, I don't really think of that as being a particularly devilish pursuit.
Speaker 3: He's a very meditative dude. He meditated on why humans were the new the new kid right, and then reached his conclusion and set the universe in motion.
Speaker 4: Yeah, one could argue that's that's a good point.
Speaker 2: My theory is that Beesel Bob encountered a bunch of crows dressed up as a security guard. And the reason why security guard vanishes because the crows just like Dishurst.
Speaker 4: That's an excellent theme from Fall of the House of Usher. Wait, really well, I mean there's you know, there's a demonic force that's sort of the main antagonist in the show and is often depicted as a raven and also made of like steam or can just vanish and disperse or become a raven?
Speaker 2: It will Oh it's po Yeah, you're right, Okay, it's.
Speaker 4: Poe af no question about it. Yeah, it's so funny. I mean, I really think that that show does such a good job of weaving in a lot of modern concepts. Like the family that is, the Usher family in the show is sort of a Sackler family type situation where they have done all of these horrible things knowingly and they're sort of being punished and or the debt is coming due on this Devil's bargain they made. And you know, again, I don't want to spoil anything for you, and it's impossible to spoil having just read the poet stories. They're just going to kind of enhance your enjoyment of the show. But the tone of these stories from Beesel Bubs very much in line with the vibe of this show. So I thank you. I think this is a great way to kick off this episode as we march headlong into spooky season.
Speaker 2: For sure, what's the weirdest thing you guys have done at a cemetery?
Speaker 4: Poop?
Speaker 3: Kidding would be really disloding effort to that honest to answer it doesn't have to be honest. I was. Let's keep it honest. So the when I was living in Guatemala, the part of it I was in, uh similar to places like New Orleans. A lot of the a lot of the caskets, a lot of the grave sites are elevated above the ground. And I went to I accidentally crashed a party there. It was a pretty cool party too. Was it a dead man's party and we were a lot of dead people there? Is it a monster mash type situation?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: That was the That was That was probably one of the strangest and honestly longest nights of my life. Yeah, it was cool.
Speaker 4: To leave the rest of the imagination like that.
Speaker 2: What about you, Matt, I I attempted to contact my grandfather, like he was cremated. So I don't know what the rules say about contacting the dead after, you know, depending on what happens to their body when they go. I know it probably changes depending on the sure belief systems, but you know, I just it was like meditation, right, a good place to meditate, and you know, he was physically there so.
Speaker 4: Well, and it does seem to be a place that's primed with the kind of energy that maybe would be conducive to such a contact.
Speaker 3: Oh that I also got lost in a cemetery for several hours is very big.
Speaker 2: WHOA, some of them are huge, like a military cemetery kind of thing.
Speaker 3: Like no, because those is since we're audio, Matt is illustrating the reality, which is a lot of those military cemeteries are uniform, smaller tombstones, and this one was not that, but it was. It was a wild time, especially when the GPS stops working part way through and then you know it's already dark.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's intense.
Speaker 3: But tell us your favorite cemetary stories, folks, tell us a special your spooky stories. We love those. Send in your own accounts, and I just want to once again, Diesel Bob, give you props. I really really enjoy the way right there.
Speaker 4: Agreed. I think we can make this one a bit of a shorter one to kick us off. Let's take a quick break here, a word from our sponsor, and then come back with several more messages from you, and we're back.
Speaker 2: I remember why I recognized diesel Bob. I attempted to call diesel Bob back and left a message, So apologies to you, Beesel Bob for that, but also thank you for writing in.
Speaker 3: You can also just meet us at the crossroads later.
Speaker 2: Hey, we'll be there dressed.
Speaker 3: In bone thugs and Harmony cosplay.
Speaker 2: Just talking really fast about.
Speaker 3: Busy bone for sure.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, so let's jump to the phone lines. We've got a message here, guys. Some of these are silly, and I'm doing it on purpose for us, just to have a little fun. So here's our first message from lunch Lady, whom I've also left a message with.
Speaker 5: Hey, this is lunch Lady. I just want to say I love the show. It's great. The only picture I see is the Matt sexy as hell, and I just appreciate that you being a pingenius, bend your appreciation for king great down South hip hop. That's all I wanted to say. Because I'm listening to some juicy jay right now and I thought of you. That's kind of odd. It's kind of weird. Don't worry about it. It's not a big deal. But you know your hip hop and I like that smart man. Pat on back, pat on the butt. No, you get nothing. I'm sorry. No, you're amazing too, your amazing father, and as a father with a daughter, I love listening to you too. Thanks you guys. I'm sorry. I've had a couple white wine apologist.
Speaker 4: I love a good white wine.
Speaker 3: Best white wine spirits or advertisement I've ever heard shout out t CYJ Fellow Tennessee And yeah, that's that's so nice. Man.
Speaker 2: I'm just made me so happy hearing from lunch lady just saying just really kind things.
Speaker 3: That's what I call letters from home. You know, it doesn't always have to be like a revelation, right or you know the truth about the JFK assassination. We we just like hearing from you guys.
Speaker 2: Oh exactly, and you know what, We're gonna switch it up a little bit. Let's hear one more from a Frame, who is a constant caller on the voicemail system.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: A Frame just has a tiny comment on something that that happened in one of our episodes, and I am trying very hard to remember which conversation it was and I cannot, so I need you guys, your guys help.
Speaker 3: You and I were talking about this off air earlier. Matt, I don't think we can. Either of us were able to remember.
Speaker 4: I guess it's down to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll see.
Speaker 6: But just had to say that Ben's little joke about not seeing any performance and hances your pants is just about one of the funniest things I've ever heard. You could just go for it, dude, just your pants totally can't.
Speaker 5: That's stopping you. I believe in you.
Speaker 6: Good stuff, That's all.
Speaker 5: I had to say that.
Speaker 6: My eyes are wet after that, and it was very funny.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 4: My pants are wet after that, as I just.
Speaker 2: Pooped my pants because I'm wearing them and I just did no.
Speaker 4: I don't remember that either. But that's just the kind of little nugget of wisdom that just flies through unnoticed sometimes when we're hang.
Speaker 3: It's also I was thinking about this. It's also for many people. Maybe we talked about this a little bit too many. It's psychologically difficult for a lot of people to poop their pants.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know if I could do it, Just like, okay, I've decided you.
Speaker 3: Could do it.
Speaker 2: I believe in you.
Speaker 4: It's very very thoughtful.
Speaker 3: But also also my eyes are wet. It's such a specific I haven't heard that phrase before.
Speaker 2: I love it. I love it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've heard like cutting onions, I've heard people say that. But but yeah, man, we believe in you.
Speaker 2: You know, it's all.
Speaker 3: It's like any other responsible recreation. You just want to be conscious of your scene and setting, you know, read the room, make sure everybody's going to be cool and supportive.
Speaker 4: I guess I just love slash hate the idea of intentionally pooping your pants. It just seems like a very nihilistic, self defeating thing to do.
Speaker 3: Well, you've been programmed to think that way for so long.
Speaker 4: Maybe I need to open my mind, you know.
Speaker 3: Like how to how to astronauts use the toilet. But what if you have to go when you're on an eva, you know, like you're out there in the suit. What if you're in a gilly suit as we talked about earlier this week, and you can't move for days.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying, is there the questions that keep keep us up at nice See?
Speaker 2: But yeah, if you poop your gilly suit though you it's you're gonna give your position away, like for sure.
Speaker 4: To bury the whole suit and then your naked.
Speaker 2: That's exactly right.
Speaker 3: Well, write in gilly suited enthusiasts, let us let us know the secret. Also, we we know private investigators, pis and long haul drivers too who have just said, look, you can't be too proud. Sometimes you got to use that empty Gator eight bottle coffee.
Speaker 2: Can baby seal it up?
Speaker 3: Astronaut story you guys remember saving a while ago. Now, the story of that that astronaut who got obsessed with the dude or the diaper to go in. She didn't. That kind of knowledge doesn't come from a vacuum.
Speaker 4: No, Well, it comes from the vacuum of space where nobody can hear you poop your pants. In space apparently, guys. I think I found it.
Speaker 2: I think it was a conversation we had about steroid Olympics on Strange News.
Speaker 3: Something you brought to the table, a Strange News segment, and I think.
Speaker 2: It was something about that you don't need performance in dancing drugs to do that. All right, Well, hey, we've got one more voicemail here we're going to listen to today, and this one comes from Storm Raven.
Speaker 7: Hey, it's up, guys, you can just call me Storm Raven. I really don't care what you do with this. But I was actually lucky enough to visit Diego Garcia. We had moved some B fifty two's there because we were bombing Iraq at the time. It seems like we're always bombing someone, are threatening to bomb someone, you know, ye not AnyWho. Diego Garcia is actually long. It's got a runway that's barely long enough to launch in land heavy bombers. But I do mean barely. You miss the runway and you're in the ocean. Just it's just that simple. But the island is about half wild. It's about and it's about half wild, and it roughly follows the outline of a footprint, it's weird. But the Middle Blue Lagoon, it is a beautiful blue lagoon. But that lagoon is also home to several merchant marine vessels which are gym packed with war supplies, ready to say, oh, anywhere in a moment's notice, wherever the US wants to pick a fight. But remember how I said the island is like half wild. That's because that half is even restricted from those who are stationed on the island. Now, I don't know why it's restricted, but I've got a good hunch, and that hunch is probably sensitive to some countries reasons. So we'll just leave it at that. But it it's a shame people can't see it because I do mean that lagoon is absolutely beautiful. So but you guys, take care of yourself and keep doing what you're doing. Back.
Speaker 2: I just thought that was a great message from somebody who has experienced in that place that we just, you know, we began talking about a little bit, and I think we were all really interested in it. And I don't know what do you guys.
Speaker 3: Think, Yeah, God saved the king, right, because this is a depending on who you asked, this is a territory of the United Kingdom and I'm picking up what you're putting down there storms. This is this sensitive. But again, like we said, you know, they do have beautiful wildlife from what we hear. We've talked to other people who have had the distinct pleasure you could say, of visiting Diego Garcia. And there's something it makes me think of the Merchant Marines. Do you guys know much about them?
Speaker 2: Not much, not as much as I wish I did.
Speaker 3: Do you know who runs them? No, you're not the Department of Transportation?
Speaker 2: Wow? So are the is it? It is a military though?
Speaker 3: Right, it's not a government agency. It's not a military service. It's a DOT.
Speaker 4: It's made of civilians, right, sort of like the Coast Guard, and then it's like volunteer I guess, but like weapons ready, right.
Speaker 3: They you can go to the US Merchant Marine Academy. They do carry supplies. I'm sure they have to have security when they're going, like we're not. None of us have been members of the Merchant Marines obviously, but I didn't know the DOT even had a maritime administration.
Speaker 2: That's so nuts, But I guess it makes sense because let's just refresh people where this is very south end of the Maldives. Oh gosh, I don't know if I'll be able to even describe it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's right out like if you started India the tip of India with a little kama that is Sri Lanka, and then go down and slightly to the left and you will be you'll be sort of in the the mid northwest of the Indian Ocean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's almost smack dab in the middle of all of the land that surrounds the Indian Ocean there. So that's a great strategic position even if you're dot right, But you need to deploy a ship really quickly.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, pull up a map, look at the Persian Gulf, look at your booty, the Red Sea, Gulf of Eight, and Yemen. As you said, that is another incredibly important point. I'm really glad that got brought up because a lot of those things, a lot of the US activities abroad are not classify, but they're just not as widely reported, and administrations might change, but that doesn't mean the bomb stopped dropping for sure. Uh.
Speaker 2: Just to end on a light note here, guys, I really enjoyed the phrasing of storm Raven in a lot of places in that voicemail. The first one is the concept of that the island is half wild, because it made me feel like some kind of MTV spring break promo, like, man, this island is half wild fully lagoons go wild? Yeah, yeah, it's this blue lagoon is so filled with merchant marine vessels.
Speaker 5: And uh.
Speaker 2: And also just that phrasing that you picked up on ben sensitive to some country's reasons.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a nature reserve there too, Like a lot of a lot of islands that are territories with a primarily military interest, a lot of those places have amazing wildlife, you know, assuming they're not the side of nuclear tests. But even then life endures. It's amazing. It reminds me of Oh, I gotta do it. I have to do the shout out. I probably shouldn't because because it gets harder to find this book every time that we mentioned on air, But one of my very favorite books, which you might enjoy as well Storm Raven, is called Atlas of Remote Islands by Judith Shelansky. If you can get the hardback copy, it's amazing. It's somewhere between an anthology, somewhere between an Atlas. Of course, Diego Garcia makes an appearance, but perhaps not in the way you would imagine. So do check it out. And you know, if you have had the fortune to travel two places like this, let us know because a lot of people in the United States. It's weird. I can't remember what I was talking with about this, but a lot of people in the United States simply will not have the opportunity to travel because it can be so prohibitively expensive unless you join the military. Right, So we want to hear your stories about places you think your fellow conspiracy realist should know more about, because there's a lot out there.
Speaker 4: Well, if you go to the website for the Merchant Marines Institute that you were mentioning, the first selling point is want to see the world, manes.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, Yeah, I see the world, probably some asterisks, some specific parts.
Speaker 2: Of the world. I just want to visit the United Seamen's Service Center.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I bet you do. Whatever that means.
Speaker 2: Well, it's the club.
Speaker 3: They don't say what kind of sir.
Speaker 4: I I just met whatever I meant by my tone.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, I get it, all right, all right, Well, with that, we're gonna hear a word from our sponsor. Thank you so much everybody who called in over the past month. We're caught up to October. Guys, we did it. We'll be right back after word from our sponsor.
Speaker 3: We've returned seamen like sperm guys, get it like we're going to walk you through a casing body.
Speaker 2: No wait, I was talking about like the term for people who are on the scene. We knew what you meant.
Speaker 3: We knew what you Okay, we just refused to acknowledge it. So the h this is uh, this is one of our final pieces we got. We got an email that was very interesting from our pal Brock, fellow conspiracy realist. If you've heard the show, if you heard any of our strange news or listener mail segments, then you have heard Rock. Uh. Rock hipped us to something that I was very much not aware of, and I am I'm surprised. This is why, this is why we love hearing from you folks. So we know TikTok's a big thing, right.
Speaker 4: We know that.
Speaker 3: Uh, we know that the US millitarya is a big thing. To your point, Storm Raven and many other folks riding into us. We also know if you look at the numbers year over year. We know that for quite some time the US arm Services have been struggling to meet their recruitment quotas as more and more people become i would say, disillusioned with the army or cynical about joining and about what that greater purpose might be. Then we see that fewer and fewer people are going into a recruitment office or signing up. So how do you change that? Well, according to some interesting research we read, as well as a great little piece of from Upper Echelon on YouTube, we have learned that the psyop wing of the Armed Services, the US Army in particular, may have taken to TikTok and leverage slashed weaponized e girls. Before we continue, for anybody not in the know, how would you describe an e girl?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I remember this from years ago from my kid, and you told me what an e girl was, and I just remember they're kind of goffy internet, like perpetually online. Are they the ones that have the certain water bottles or is that Visco girls? I think that's Visco, Yeah, that's that one. But then there was like the hydro flasks. What is egirls? I'm sorry, I'm getting conned.
Speaker 2: Is is there a sexual or sexuality.
Speaker 3: Component similar to some luck bing videos. The idea it could be a twitch streamer. It's now increasingly at someone on TikTok, and the idea is like you're a cute See. There are all sorts of specializations, but ultimately, at least critics would say the idea is that you can encourage a parasocial relationship as an egirl to get people to donate money to you to sharing your interest watching play video game for instance, watching you do unpacking unboxing videos, et cetera.
Speaker 4: I was right about the goth element. Are there a subcategory of the mal.
Speaker 3: Goths or like waifu kind of ideas? So, this genre of influencer and performer is enormously successful and a lot of these people can make a quite a lucrative living here. So in step with programs designed to recruit young gamers through video games like Call of Duty, which we mentioned earlier, there's this allegation that Uncle Sam has weaponized some of these so called e girls. One great article we found about this, in addition to the YouTube video we mentioned earlier, is from Dazed Digital. This is by gunsili Yo Sinka and The title of it is how egir influencers are trying to get gen Z into the military, and they spend some time on someone named hey Lujan who has three hundred and sixty three thousand TikTok followers as of earlier this year and at the time this person's twenty years old classic eagle thing posting what are called thirst traps, right, but these thirst traps take place inside choppers or holding assault rifles, holding military gear hashtags like Pew pew and military curves. There will also be her plane with rebot control tanks.
Speaker 4: These are oh my gosh. These are like strategically created hashtags by somebody working in like social media marketing for the governments.
Speaker 2: Well it sounds like guns and Ammo the pages of like magazines back.
Speaker 3: In the Guns and Ammo after Doug.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean they would have like some of the ads, not the actual articles in but the ads often have that very.
Speaker 4: Peny clad women sporting assaults a little soldier of fortune to it as well, not counting the classified advertisements and Soldier of fortune.
Speaker 3: But that time has passed this person. This person, who is sometimes called the psyop Girl No Fooling, is a self described psychological operation specialist in the US Army, and people have started speculating been speculating for a long time now that she is that her role in the Army is entirely to entice gen Z people largely male. We would assume to sign up for the Army or the Armed Services, some branch of it in hopes of meeting the one because what do you think of what do you think of the army romance? Right? Totally Number one guest family future.
Speaker 4: Every girl needs an e boy or whatever. No, that's not It's much more complex and fluid than that. But wait, so she claims to be a psyops expert, but it turns out that she actually is the syops.
Speaker 3: She claims to be employed by the US Army, and people are increasingly believing that there's also stuff like people not stuff like Bailey Crespo, Kayla salinas uh and then hashtag mill talk, m I L t O ky military TikTok uh and the more I thought about this, this is mentioned in several articles as well. I think of folks like remember bella Porch she came out with. She's an influencer who came out with a song that went viral which was build up thanks for beating me there.
Speaker 2: I don't think I know this one.
Speaker 8: It's it's it's about it's about how you, as a woman, you should not have to conform to romantic or sexual expectations.
Speaker 3: Cool. Yeah, down with overall's message, I think anybody can support. However, she served in the US Navy for four years before she went viral on TikTok, which to people play in the conspiracy Board Red String game. They think that this may have been a precedent or a blueprint that's set for this idea of let's get to young potential future armed Forces members through the power of sex appeal right and through video games.
Speaker 4: You know, it's funny because it seems like Uncle Sam has been sort of late to the party with that kind of stuff, sure, and that oftentimes their attempts at like making the military seem cool have fallen quite flat. So I guess they just finally maybe got some younger folks on their marketing team that were like, you know, what we ought to do is this. But also, TikTok is kind of notoribviously an enemy of information security, you know, right.
Speaker 3: That's what's interesting to me as well. And I think that's a good point because TikTok is an app that is compromised by the Chinese government pretty openly.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: I don't think anybody at this point is going to say that's not the case unless they work for the government of China. But you see other countries doing this too. Israel has done this with things like the gun Waifu an influencer and IDF soldier. This is from the article who Well, here's the thing I think at that point, I think at that point our author on Day's Digital might have a particular stance in the race. The most important part to know is that to your point, other countries are doing this a lot of times propaganda. If it works in one situation, other organizations will attempt to emulate it as quickly as possible, create a feedback loop, right, which eventually creates to diminishing return, which is why people move on to new syops. So there's there's a question here, which is are we when when people agree to this or when they allow this? Here is this line to children? Is this like are you we selling them a full a bill of goods? Like if someone when you join the army, right, when you join the armed forces. Even if you don't meet your fantasy online girlfriend, you still have to stay in.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah. I think it's a crime if you just leave, you abandon your post. I think it's called going a wall or something, and it's punishable.
Speaker 3: I think even if you had the mental fortitude to purposely share your pants every day, they would keep you. Unless you were that guy on that plane from a.
Speaker 4: Few weeks back, they'd figure out something for you to do.
Speaker 3: They figure out something, Well, you'll likely the latrees. I mean he's there all the time. Anyway.
Speaker 2: It just puts you going to see one thirty and they make a little hole so you can just drop bombs on the NI.
Speaker 3: But but so my question then, building off this great point you make, Brock, it does seem there's something to it, but we don't know whether it's some widespread, systematic or systemic rather nefarious thing, or if it's just a couple of forays into something that's working.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: So my question is is this dangerous?
Speaker 2: I you know, you know what feels dangerous to me the fact that there is a real thing called army syops.
Speaker 3: Oh, come on, that's old beings.
Speaker 2: No, no, but that but think about that. Psyops is the kind of it's a sci fi feeling thing, right, psychological operations, but it's real. It's a real thing within all of the branches of military for ages.
Speaker 4: And we talked about this recently. I think I forget the ghost army tapes or whatever, like in Vietnam, where they would play the sounds of ghosts of like the viet Cong's like ancestors that would supposedly get them to potentially retreat. They'd hang like speakers in the trees and stuff.
Speaker 3: I mean asswong or mutilating a corpse to look like it was an Aswalang attack in the Philippines exactly.
Speaker 2: But when psyops are involved at all, how do you know what is a part of the syops syop and what is not part of the syops sciops. You shared a link for a training about a training video that they put out to try and encourage people to join their thing. Yeah, and it sounds insane, then.
Speaker 3: Well, it's like when it's like when I can't remember which intelligence agety it was. Maybe out in the United Kingdom they put out a billboard with some riddles to solve. That was like the application slash challenge Cicada.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean it's not that different than I guess the CIA now allowing people to not have to take a drug test it in order to be a hacker for them, you know, because it's just part of the culture. You know, people don't want to work for the government if they can't smoke their weed or whatever, you know. And it's the same thing where they're trying to meet people young people. Not to sound like a granddad where they are. Is it any more dishonest than those videos we were talking about in the previous episode with the you know, call of duty kind of action sort of like think people rising from the swamps, and you know, it looks like just wow, you want to be a hero. I mean, it's all Michael Bay type stuff. That's that's not honest. We know that's not what it's like.
Speaker 3: You said that. Yeah, let's point out our earlier episode. Look, regardless of whether or not you support this way of gaining the interest of young people who may not fully realize the repercussions of their decisions, you should check out our episode on the US military and how it interacts with the entertainment industry in the in domestically and a little bit a little bit abroad, still mainly in the endphere. But the long and short of it is, the Armed Services will give you a heck of a deal on having US military appear in your films and your TV shows, so long as you make them look good in the process. Yeah, that's great, you know what I mean. I think any organization that had the money to do that would do so. So it's just pr But those sie up groups are the s battalions and specific they are real. And when you see a video game company or a movie studio wanting to use the military legally in media, then they're gonna talk with those guys the propagandas.
Speaker 4: Don't they let them use like helicopters and stuff or they are like supervised They obviously they're not just letting people fly their helicopters, but it's stuff that would be very expensive to either create or to cgi. It is a good deal for the movie industry if they can play nice, so long as they look good.
Speaker 2: Well is the thing. Somebody recently, and I apologize I can't remember who was, They were talking about the Top Gun Maverick movie and how the enemy is never defined. It's like an unknown enemy, and there were people online attempting to figure out who the actual ideological enemy of them of the American forces was.
Speaker 4: Isn't the point though, that it doesn't matter that it's just like leaving it up to the imagination and it makes it a little more universally applicable or enjoyable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so, But I imagine that's one of the reasons that they're able to actually get access to a lot of the planes and feature actual military toys.
Speaker 3: Look, the idea is the lesson for those kind of films, especially when they're shown abroad, as anyone.
Speaker 4: Can get it.
Speaker 2: Oh you know what I mean? Yeah, like, do you.
Speaker 3: Really want to find it why we don't have free healthcare?
Speaker 2: It's because of these these five And I.
Speaker 3: Know that's on cinema. But that being that alone, that cynicism does not mean that is untrue. But also just to be very fair, you know, the US armed forces are one of the great guaranteurs of international trade, right especially we look at this huge infrastructure across these massive oceans, counting Diego Garcia as well. The force projection of the United States enables global commerce to exist, and it's really hard to argue against that, and I don't necessarily, you know, there are all kinds of criticisms. We'd love to hear your stories on this one, folks. There are all kinds of criticisms of the at times misleading tactics that recruitment offices have given. Have spungges, yeah, for ages, and you know they themselves. If we have anybody who's worked in recruitment listening tonight, you know that you yourself may have been subjected to some pretty crazy quotas that are very difficult to meet at times. So there is that problem there to maintain that recruitment. But then there's also the question of what is ethical. You know, I just I feel God, there are so many stereotypes about young folks. I don't want to say kids who join the military instantly, get married to their high school sweetheart, buy a Mustang at twenty something percent interest, and then fast forward two years and they're in deep water. And those stereotypes exist because they there is some sand to them. I just hate the idea of a kid signing up for something that will affect them potentially for the rest of their lives or potentially end their life, just because they saw some TikTok videos that doesn't seem right.
Speaker 4: Well, and this seems like kind of small tata as compared to the ethical quandaries posed by military war machines in general. Right, But like a lot of these kind of oo wu type videos, these egirl type videos are about sexualizing young people, you know, in a very potentially icky way, but it's also about empowerment sometimes too, So it's a it's a confusing fall of wax. But when the government kind of weaponizes it and is trying to target it, then they're capitalizing on something that is in the wrong hands, quite you know, problematic.
Speaker 3: And we want this is where we will your help. If you have worked in recruitment, if you've worked in the armed forces, if you haven't, it doesn't matter. We want to hear your opinions on the ethics, on the nature of this conspiracy, whether it's overblown, whether there's sand to it, and we love it. If you visit Army times dot com, check out a article says, foreboding Army syops recruitment video shows who's pulling the strings. This was written in May of last year by Rachel Nostrand and with that, like we cannot wait to hear from you on this. With that, folks, we bid you at a do and a happy almost Halloween. Shout out to Brock, shout out to lunch Lady, shout out to Storm Raven, a Frame, and of course beezel Bob. One final note, on a bit of a personal level, a dear friend of mine and of the show has passed away unexpectedly, Canadian Dean. There are many people listen to the show who know you and remember you, and there's never there's never a right way to say it. But just wanted to give our thoughts to your family and loved ones and with that, we can't wait to hear from you, folks.
Speaker 4: That's right. You can find us all over the Internet where we exist the handle Conspiracy Stuff on x FKA, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube. Conspiracy Stuff Show is what we are on Instagram and TikTok.
Speaker 2: Hey, do you have a phone and do you like to use that phone to call people? We'll call us. Our number is one eight three three std WYTK hope you caught all that just the way aFrame, lunch Lady, Storm Raven, and diesel Bob did. By the way, diesel Bob, this is just for you twenty two. You get it all right. When you call in, you've got three minutes. Say whatever you'd like. Please give yourself a cool nickname and let us know if we can use that name and your message on one of our listener mail episodes. If you've got more to say, links, pictures, videos, anything like that, why not instead to send us a good old fashioned email. We are folks who read.
Speaker 3: Every email we get. Conspiracy atiheartradio dot.
Speaker 2: Com stuff they don't want you to know. Is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.