Speaker 1: Welcome to NFL Daily, where the holiday season never ends if we keep getting cards.
Speaker 2: At least Colleen Wolf does porn it.
Speaker 1: I'm Greg Rosenthal in the Chris Westling podcast studio, and we're back here.
Speaker 2: See you next Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Jordan Rodrigue of The Athletic and Colleen Wolf.
Speaker 2: Hey, it feels good.
Speaker 1: You know last Tuesday was fun, but it wasn't you know? I missed you guys. You were you were in snowy Philadelphia, you were watching your Eagles.
Speaker 2: What was your weekends?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 4: It was fun?
Speaker 5: I loved Philadelphia, by the way, let's talk about it.
Speaker 3: What did you love specifically about Philly?
Speaker 5: So I loved how you walk up to the link and you walk through the tailgate.
Speaker 6: Huh.
Speaker 5: And honestly, everybody was really nice. I was wearing a dark green jacket, but still everyone was really really nice. It smelled amazing. The weather was terrible, but everybody was in such a good mood. Everybody was drinking. Our uber driver was like ripping off advanced statistics the way over, like it just.
Speaker 4: And she knew exactly the way to go.
Speaker 5: Shout out to evet like it it is just so. And then when you sit, when you're in there, and it was a snow game, which was so magical, right, and they and they they're all in their best like cold weather gear, and they're throwing snowballs in the air, not down at the field when they're own team scores, right, and they're throwing all the snow in the air and this like whipping winds and everybody is just like trooping through it. And like, I loved that Matthew Stafford made them silent for a minute, because the crowd lives and dies with its team. Even those moments were just so fun. And I got a Nishkabibble's cheese steak.
Speaker 3: I love that for you.
Speaker 5: Was incredible, traveled really well because I ordered it in because I was on the show with Greg later that night, and some cheese fries whizz nice.
Speaker 3: Of course I have had this exact order before, yes.
Speaker 4: And tried not to fall asleep for the next two hours.
Speaker 3: That's difficult.
Speaker 5: It just I loved it. I thought it was great. It's such a great sports down. It's a great football town. Unlike rookie outside linebacker Jared First, I love Eagles fans.
Speaker 7: Listen off everybody Jordan knows exactly what she's talking about.
Speaker 2: I love me some Philly on a playoff weekend. Two.
Speaker 1: The Eagles Super Bowl run happened to coincide with the year that they were sending me to games. So I was there for the NFC Championship. I was there for the Falcons Divisional round wind and yeah, there is something that they were greasing all the poles.
Speaker 2: So remember that was the whole thing.
Speaker 4: So it was great there.
Speaker 5: So there there a car a truck had broken down outside of the stadium. An Yvett, the Uber driver, she was like, Oh, they are going to have to move that at least three hours before kickoff, otherwise that thing's going to be on fire.
Speaker 4: And I was like, oh sounds good.
Speaker 2: I'm ready.
Speaker 3: So casually, yeah, yeah, it was just great.
Speaker 1: I was like, all right, note to self in an underrated city in general, Emica and I, who love love a good sandwich, love a good meal. We once went down on the Amtrak from New York to philadelph You just to eat as many sandwiches as we could in a weekend and catch a couple of baseball games. Philadelphia really is an underrated city to just visit. So I recommend, are you guys just doing I don't know why.
Speaker 2: I don't know why.
Speaker 7: I feel like because I've missed some time in here, like I feel like you guys are buttering me up somehow that this is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're like the significant other that doesn't give us any attention, so we're just even nicer to you to get more real of which.
Speaker 2: What how is? Tim?
Speaker 1: I did not know where you were going with that, but yes, Tim Wolf, we love a good Colleen brother.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, How are you feeling though?
Speaker 1: Since we're not going to be previewing the show that's going to be tomorrow, we have Patrick Claibon in the studio, we have some special guests for that one. How are you just feeling about the Eagles journey and where they are going into this game?
Speaker 7: I mean, I don't love that they're playing the Commanders because the Commanders are just like so oddly frisky right now and playing with the house money type of deal, and it just feels I don't know, I don't know why.
Speaker 1: I feel like, would you rather be going to Detroit though? As an Eagles fan? Would you rather think?
Speaker 3: I don't want to go anywhere. I don't want to play anyone.
Speaker 2: Glad you're not on the team, but.
Speaker 7: It just feels like the worst case scenario would be for the Eagles to lose to the Commander's in Philadelphia at home in the NFC Championship game.
Speaker 3: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 7: For a chance to go to the super Bowl and it's Jade and Daniels, a rookie going to the Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: I can't have that happen in my life.
Speaker 1: That is true. You sort of give up being the underdog. Not that they would have been by points spread in Detroit, but it's the number one seed. It would have just been a coin flip type of game, and now you're like a heavy favorite.
Speaker 2: Chris Long talked about it.
Speaker 1: He's killing it at the green Light Light podcast, where it's an amazing atmosphere. It's a huge advantage, but it's like any great home field in the playoffs. If you fall down a little bit and they get a little tight in the moment, it almost flips to the point where you can really feel it. Hopefully they can stand up to that. I think they can. We have other stuff to talk about. Okay, we're gonna go through some news, some big news.
Speaker 4: Colleen's dog.
Speaker 1: That was something we're gonna hit towards the end of the show. We also are introducing a new quick segment that's going to be called I Choose Violence. You know, you know, like you see a tweet and it's like he woke up. I don't know if we need a sound effect. We didn't talk about that ahead of time because I don't want people to get too great. It's you know, you wake up and you have a thought that you don't mind that might annoy some people out there. You wake up and you're choosing violence with your takes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, can I tell you what I wrote in my notes about this segment. I said, I don't have anything violent. I think I'm just really tired.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, the take is in violent. It's just you're just saying something that maybe people don't like. Maybe not.
Speaker 1: We'll see, we'll see how much we really incite violence. But first let's do some news and yeah, we have a new head coach. Ben Johnson is the Chicago Bears head coach. It came out on Monday, pretty soon after the Lions are out of the playoffs. The Lions lose their offensive coordinator to the Bears. Some reports out there that the Raiders were in on him. There's some buzz of like, was it a money thing? Did the Bears just come over the top? They did Florio throughout that. The buzz is that it's around thirteen million dollars a year and there's the average is eight.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: There's separate quote unquote buzz that maybe they really did make a difference in terms of their offer versus the Raiders, and that the Raiders had a chance.
Speaker 2: That's not confirmed. I'm just like thrown around the scuttle.
Speaker 1: But Colleen, what do you think about Ben Johnson staying in the division and now coaching up Caleb Williams.
Speaker 7: I do love that he's staying in the division. Like that just feels. I know it's not on purpose to be petty, but I just like the petty nature of it, even if it's an indirect kind of petty move. And I like that he's going to see the Lions now twice a year. I like that he's putting together, uh, this coaching staff, which we're going to talk about a little bit with potentially Dennis Allen.
Speaker 2: There is talk about it, no order to it however you want.
Speaker 7: I mean, listen, it's just I'm happy that we finally have at least like that head coach. I want to like start checking off the list. Here the Jets are interviewing like seventy five thousand people. I just like I want answers, and I don't like floating in like the in between of everything and speculating.
Speaker 3: So I'm happy that that one at least is done.
Speaker 5: I think the Bears handled this a lot like they handled their quarterback search. It was very clear that Caleb Williams was their guy very early on, so too with this, it was very clear and at least probably some agent floated reports that Ben Johnson was very interested in the Bear's job and there was a mutual interest. And then also they made it very clear that he was the target that they were identifying. And yes, they went through the process and they interviewed a lot of candidates as well, but they were going after Ben Johnson, and similar to how they were going after Caleb Williams, not bringing Jaden Daniels in for a thirty visit, going to Caleb Williams pro day, bringing the entire brass out there, they were courting Ben Johnson less publicly because you can't really do that with the coach who's currently playing and in the playoffs, as you have your search, but they were he was there. He was considered to be one of the top guys, one of two perhaps in this coaching cycle, and they wanted to go get their guy. To your point, Colleen, I do love that that's in the division. You were gonna have to pay him. Also, based on what happened last year when he sort of deferred and declined to even entertain some of these jobs that were out there, you were gonna have to pay him a lot anyway.
Speaker 4: He made that very clear.
Speaker 5: But also to be in the division, you were gonna have to throw the bag at him, and the Bears certainly reportedly did that.
Speaker 7: I am absolutely shocked at what Jordan and I were watching earlier.
Speaker 3: Ben Johnson without a hat on. I didn't even know he had hair, and he has a swoon.
Speaker 4: Got a swoop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's let's actually listen and take a look at that video. It's Ben Johns and arriving at the Bears facility.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much. My family and I were beyond excited.
Speaker 1: This is exactly where we wanted to be, This is exactly where we want to bet you.
Speaker 2: This is a this is gonna be a challenge. I don't aware that I.
Speaker 6: Know what this division is about, and this is exactly where we want to be.
Speaker 3: Oh, he's giving Dan Campbell a little bit there, and I like it.
Speaker 5: I like it Dan Campbell Kevin O'Connell like a mashup between the two.
Speaker 4: Don't you get that vibe?
Speaker 1: And we haven't seen him a lot in public. I mean, he has press conferences, but in those press conferences he does give off a little bit of his reputation vibe, which is he was from a math background and he's very serious and analytical. And if you've heard anything negative about Ben Johnson, it's it's sort of from himself that he likes to be by himself and just drawing up plays and that's where he feels that the happiest, which is some of the criticism he maybe got from others around the league, which was just like, is this a guy gonna be ready to kind of lead a room? So it was fun to see him in that scenario. Although it's also that was like a long video released by the Bears, and I loved it, but it's halfway between awesome and like unintentionally funny. There is something funny about the whole building coming out and like welcoming their savior, and I do know something about it just seems what a weird industry.
Speaker 5: They've done, what I mean, they've done every two to three years for a while now, you know.
Speaker 4: But I really I hope the.
Speaker 5: Best for that franchise that's been trying to find the right leader for a while, that's been trying to get even on the same page, let alone in the same book with the front office and the quarterback and the coaching hire for years and just kind of have been off by a year or two every single time. I hope for them that this is the case. And I do think that even if he's not necessarily outwardly, this very clear guy who very openly and obviously in every way that he presents connects with players. Or you see him and you think that guy gets his players, I think when you watch him call games, Greg we talked about this on the show last week, when he calls games, he notices these little details about his players that maximizes their talent, that builds these bonds together. The Jamison Williams Teddy Bridgewater play that he trick, play that he called has history to it, and I won't re litigate that, but like it just was a very cool detail that empowers his teams. He is full of those, according to Jared Goff, and he's been full of those moments, which really helped bring Jared Goff out of the darkness a little bit as well.
Speaker 3: I'm sure Jared hates this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and big year coming up for Jared Goff.
Speaker 1: I am very curious to see where Dan Campbell goes for his offensive coordinator and just how it looks, because yeah, if you remember Ben Johnson took over the play calling during the twenty twenty one season, it was an immediately better offense. And so I always say with head coaches, you want them to bring something, something that you can define. And maybe maybe it's like Dan Campbell, who brings in a great staff and is obviously a great leader, but maybe it's just schematic advantage. They were seven, third and fifth in DVOA on offense at the end of each of the last three seasons, so he did really well. But I'm just gonna do it now. I'm I'm choosing violence with my bears take which is bad. Wow, they're still gonna be the worst team in the division more likely than not like going into next season. I have to see a Bear's plan work until I believe it.
Speaker 2: I mean, is that what you.
Speaker 3: Thought going into this year? Today We're gonna be bad?
Speaker 2: Yes, And I have thought that.
Speaker 1: Admittedly, I'm like wearing my biases like for five years straight and I've been right five years straight. And every year Bears fans, who are the most optimistic and some of the loudest fans out there and knowledgeable and they love their team so much, are convinced. Every off season I'm told like, no, this is the reason why. And it was in the Fields era and even late in the nag era and now and to me, it goes to the highest levels there.
Speaker 2: It goes.
Speaker 1: With the structure of the GM and ownership and Kevin Warren as the CEO president, who I have questions about. And so it's kind of like the Jets for me that the Bears are in that territory that it's like there's just a lot to overcome. I feel like in the building that I will believe that the Bears have like turned a corner when I see it, because they're still in this division and those are three of the best coaches in the NFL.
Speaker 2: So like he's still fourth to me, right, bring.
Speaker 5: People bring up the example of it can be done when they use the commanders as an example. But that's a very different situation. Ownership change, because well, thank you, I was just going to say that, Yeah, I'll just leave.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I'll just go. That's that's, that's everything.
Speaker 3: They got to bring in a shaman.
Speaker 7: They need to sage the place, they need to just do a full clean out.
Speaker 2: It is a big change.
Speaker 5: Sorry, Jordan's okay, I might choose.
Speaker 2: Violence, but yeah, please do. I mean I was.
Speaker 1: I was trying to have it, you know, kind of tiptoe around it a little bit.
Speaker 3: Everyone's doing great today because we're here back.
Speaker 2: In the settle at NFL Media.
Speaker 1: But I don't know, I lose their DC too, like I wanted, I wanted more for him.
Speaker 2: Yes, they might. Let's go to the Jets.
Speaker 1: The Jets have Aaron Glenn in the building as we're taping this. According to our NFL media insider Ian Rappaport, the object today is to not let them leave the building.
Speaker 2: It really sounds that's so dumb. It's so dumb.
Speaker 3: Let's say I hate it so much.
Speaker 2: Locked the door.
Speaker 4: It's like I.
Speaker 3: Can't believe they let him leave the building.
Speaker 2: Can't believe it. Why they let him leave? Just like clock.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's such a weird thing.
Speaker 1: It's a good visual I just do they mean, like I guess close the deal, like.
Speaker 5: That is a financially and I visualize it as like Hodor in Game of Throats.
Speaker 1: Like holding back even there, like you might be back at your hotel, but by the time they really like negotiate as your agent. Really they're working it out while you're at a different part of the building. I don't know how that'll work.
Speaker 7: They're bringing in like crab legs for you and just like, oh and now there's a dinner and a show that we'll have.
Speaker 3: You can't leave, not yet.
Speaker 2: You never know what could happen.
Speaker 1: But we went developing news on our website about this, and that got my radar up. I was like, we're going developing news on just that he's going for a second visit. And as the day has worn, you know, worn on here, I feel confident just talking about this and we'll see if we're wrong. As if Aaron Glenn is going to be the next head coach of the Jets, what do you think about this?
Speaker 2: One.
Speaker 5: I I much like the Bears, I have yet to see anything work and similar to hiring a great core dator to become a head coach in Ben Johnson, Aaron Glenn is a great coordinator. He has all the qualities you would want in a head coach, but I have yet to see proof of concept actually work for the Jets who have taken these big swings in order to try to sage the organization from a football perspective, taken the big swing for the quarterback and it still hasn't worked out. It is still rippled and crescendoed or decrescendoed into dysfunction. And I think that that is where I'm trying to actually see the steps right. I'd like to see once the hire is in place, Okay, what are you going to do to fix so many elements? Similar to the Bears of this franchise that has just been in congruous for so many years.
Speaker 7: They make these moves every year, and it's you can build a believable case based off of it, and you can really talk yourself into why some of these things will work, because on paper, a lot of times it seems like, yeah, okay, they've done everything that they needed to do, and now here are all the ingredients now make the dish, and then they just end up like completely burning it or just like messing it up somehow. I I'm with you on that, but it's just I don't know how they're going to turn things around without kind of cleaning everything.
Speaker 5: And I do not doubt one bit that Aaron Glenn will be a great head coach who will develop great talent a lot on defense and then also hire people to develop talent on the other side of the ball. I believe that one percent that he has all the tools. But so did another coach who got fired mid season after a couple of years when the people decided that it was his fault that this was moving backwards yet again. He was that and I don't want him and I don't want to see that happen to another really bright, promising leader and great defensive mind and great head coach who just continues to get put in these terrible situations.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I don't think this should be terrible. Lance Newmark is getting interviewed for a second time as a general manager. He is the assistant GM in Washington this year, but he was in Detroit and worked with Aaron Glenn for a long time in Detroit, and it's believed that they will be a package deal. And I like that the Jets have done the setup that the Bears are doing right now, where there are different alignments. In the Bears case, it's a GM who is you know, needing to keep his job, and then also like a president that came in halfway through the GM's job and is very front and center, and now it's a new coach, and I don't love that here's a new GM and a new coach if they do in fact higher lance newmark that know each other well, that are aligned. Supposedly Aaron Glenn has a good staff in place. I don't know who that is. Like it's very hush hush.
Speaker 2: He has a great right now, but he's been in a league a long time.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think it's really interesting if you're a Saints fan, that the two hottest head coaches in this cycle and the Jets again get the hottest, Like, you know, one of the best head coach candidates. We're both in the Saints building forever, you know, Ben Johnson and Aaron Glenn, and they weren't even interested in in in Ben Johnson's case, in like taking that interview in Aaron Glenn's case, it sounds like they were they were kind of using the Saints's leverage. He had at a point he had an interview set up for later this week, a second interview with the Saints.
Speaker 2: But doesn't seem like that's everything.
Speaker 4: He's not allowed to leave the bill, right. You can't physically go, but you're going.
Speaker 2: That's not a great sign.
Speaker 1: Like two guys that were there in your glory years and Ben Johnson and I wish we had circled back to this is apparently trying to recreate that staff by getting Dennis Allen as his defensive coordinator and possibly getting Darren Rizzy if he's available, as his special teams coordinator.
Speaker 4: Which I love.
Speaker 5: I love that, so I would really love that as a full staff because it is similar to the models we see working and it won't be like that right away.
Speaker 4: Just to hedge a little bit, but it's.
Speaker 5: A similar model as what we see Andy Reid do where he hires a capable quote unquote head coach figure to completely manage the ecosystem of the defense. Matt Lafleur hiring Pisaccia to completely manage the ecosystem of the special teams unit.
Speaker 4: I love that when it works, it really really works.
Speaker 5: And to what we talked about at the beginning, where Ben Johnson likes to be the mathematician kind of hold up with the quarterback and some of the offensive skill players in the lineman in his office, designing things and figuring out different levers to pull in different cool things to do. Well, if you have hires like that, if you have people who have proven capabilities of running one side of the building or one side of the football team, then that allows him to be a little bit more hands off in that regard.
Speaker 4: It's a collaborative effort less so.
Speaker 5: Either someone who has to be in every single meeting room, which stretches a lot of young head coaches really really thin. They don't quite understand when they take the job just how much is manded of them time wise.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is worth pointing out.
Speaker 1: Dennis Allen was a really good defensive coordinator for a long time with the Saints, and that sort of fell apart this year. Their defense kind of finally didn't look good. But before that he had been running pretty great defenses, So maybe he can have his like spags, you know, life.
Speaker 2: Just as a coordinator.
Speaker 1: I also want to say about the Bears thing like me having doubt about their organization. This is the hardest thing to predict in the NFL, Like what hires it work or not?
Speaker 4: Johnson, this was.
Speaker 2: The right move.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like, it doesn't mean it wasn't the right move finding an innovative head coach to pair with Caleb Williams, Like, I'm really excited to see what he does.
Speaker 3: I just I'm really excited to see what the Saints do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well they have a second interviews. It's interesting about Darren Rizzy. By the way, both Alvin Kamara and Cameron Jordan put public support on Twitter on Tuesday behind Darren Rizzy.
Speaker 4: Call that the old Max Crosby.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll see who is lovely.
Speaker 3: By the way, on game day morning this week.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, the size difference between you two standing next to each other incredible.
Speaker 7: At one point we took a picture and I was like, oh, I can't even go on my tiptoes because I'm already on my tiptoes and heels Like I can't.
Speaker 3: There's nowhere else to go from here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Saints by the way.
Speaker 3: I guess.
Speaker 1: While we're on a coaching interviews, supposedly they're doing some second interviews. Mike Kafka and Anthony Weaver are both in the mix for second interviews. There Liam Cohen getting it the first second interview in Jacksonville, which a lot of people think means he's the favorite that they won't want to let him leave the building. So that's something to keep an eye. And then there's the Lions. Dan Campbell spoke this week about life maybe after these coordinators and how he sees his team moving forward.
Speaker 6: Listen, all we can do is move forward. Man. You brush yourself off of our gone through the loss of a family member, feeling to anger yesterday to now, I'm back on my feet, ready to roll, and I'm acknowledged. I can look in the mirror and say, you know what you failed, man, what are you gonna do about it? So that's where we're at. Move forward, man, questions.
Speaker 2: Damn, that's where we are.
Speaker 4: Jeez.
Speaker 3: He moved through all that, but quite quickly.
Speaker 1: I kind of like that though he went through it kind of like a fan does. It's anger, it's acceptance and.
Speaker 3: Now stages of grief.
Speaker 1: He's ready to just I just crush everything in his path.
Speaker 4: I picture, so they're obviously practiced.
Speaker 5: It's sitting in his press conferences, but I picture being a reporter on the other side of it.
Speaker 4: You're ready for.
Speaker 5: This big monologue, open kind of a thing, and he goes all right, questions and I'd be, oh, okay, god, you know, get my recorder ready, like my off season have already started kind of a thing. But I also, as a very highly caffeinated person myself, I could kind of see some of that quintuple espresso coming through. But I you know, burnout and crashing happened with these deep those seasons happened so easily and catches these guys when they.
Speaker 4: Least expect it.
Speaker 5: Dan Campbell, I think is going to be one of those who outruns it a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I could see that.
Speaker 2: I hope. So I hope.
Speaker 1: I want them to stay in the mix at the very top of the game, and it's tough in that division for everyone. I think they will. The defensive injuries are not to be ignored. It was there like three of their best four players essentially on defense, and I think they have enough on offense to and they.
Speaker 7: Made it that far with all of those injuries, that's still saying something about the talent on that roster.
Speaker 5: Back on the Saints for a minute. I wouldn't be surprised if they looked back at Joe Brady. Yes, he was in their building kind of as a quality control offensive assistant in turn type of role under Sean Payton. And he has connections that are still in that building. If they decide they do want to go young, maybe not quite ready yet, but somebody who may be ready over the next couple of years, but get in earlier type of higher and then start to rebuild with that offense. Looks like and you know you've got Spencer Ratler, you know mold a little bit.
Speaker 1: Could be him, could be Mike McCarthy. I think McCarthy was possibly the backup option by according to the reports, he was probably the backup option to Ben Johnson in Chicago. He was hopeful of getting that job. He might be in a similar spot in New Orleans where he either gets that job or it's a young guy. And speaking of young guys, we have some breaking news as were the Vikings and Coach of the Year candidate Kevin O'Connell have agreed to terms on a multi year extension, which is hilarious to me because Pro Football Talk and another like outlets, we're picking up the buzz on the is Kevin O'Connor going to get traded again? Like on Tuesday morning, like just out of nowhere, this started picking up, and then later that day here's the extensions. Like that's that's how the sausage gets made. It's a pressure being applied, and it's good to see. I would he's very interested to see Florio, who seems pretty tied in with that organization, say that there was He wrote and he was careful in what he wrote, but he said there was a legitimate tension. I'm using the word legitimate. He said there were tension. There was tension between O'Connell and the organization about the status of his contract late in the season, but that all goes away when you sign a big fat deal.
Speaker 2: So good for them.
Speaker 3: I think you way to smooth things over.
Speaker 5: If I'm just thinking about what the optics of it, looked like there were a lot of other coaches or some other coaches from that hiring class that got extended before he did, without the record, So if I'm looking from that perspective and looking at the optics of it, I'm like, well, excuse me, what the heck is my organization? What is my ownership group doing right now? Where is this? I've got all these wins stacked.
Speaker 3: Up right, so the hold up here?
Speaker 1: And Ben Johnson just got thirteen million, I'm making way less than him.
Speaker 2: I'm a deal.
Speaker 5: Let's I'm half of the bend of the Kevin O'Connell, Dan Campbell hybrid man now coaching the Bears, you like.
Speaker 1: And when they hired Kevin O'Connell, like, no, at least most people on the outside had had no idea if he would be good or not. I thought Lafleur was a weird hire because like his one year in Tennessee was pretty disappointed.
Speaker 4: You need to recover from Sean, that's all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe maybe that was it.
Speaker 1: So good good, pray love your good for them, And it'll be interesting to see if QUESI their GM gets a similar extension that just matches up with Kevin O'Connell.
Speaker 2: No word on that. Sometimes that doesn't get announced.
Speaker 5: Another Ian rapaport is reporting that they are currently working on the contract extension for Quasiadolfo Mensa and it's likely quote Ian that both will be around for years to come.
Speaker 2: Good to hear you were on the on the forefront of the lou An Arumo beat this off season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, see I record that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I interviewed with Atlanta. But he's going to the Colts.
Speaker 7: Yes, Which I just feel like because there was so much buzz around lou Anarumo this hiring cycle, and coming from the defense in Cincinnati who did not have a great year, I feel like that is sort of damning to Cincinnati because of the way that they set up Lou this year. And I think that ever since Jesse Bates left, the whole defense kind of crumbled, like he was sort of the Jenga piece, as Dave Damashak would talk about. I feel like he was the Jenga piece for that defense, and then it was just like they weren't able to do the things that lou likes to do, and that's why things just ended up the way in Cincinnati. But I don't think it's an indictment or a reflection of Lou as a coach, and I like the hir in Indy.
Speaker 1: All Right, well we'll revisit this and let's let's back in on the cult.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Oh that's a good call.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, in six years when Lou's looking for a different job, you'll give him six years there. But no, how about in a year or two when the Colts defense is coming off their title game appearance or Super Bowl winning h thing in louse.
Speaker 5: Gin I was early and Jack, she's I did want to ask you this, Colleen. Are you surprised that Ballard stayed like? That was one where I just I thought that was a given that he would be gone, But I guess not.
Speaker 7: I mean, I guess maybe the relationship that he has with Ursa must be really good for him to still be there. But I'm always surprised when it's not a full like GM head coach, everyone's out, let's bring in a full new chapter for each team, because that always feels like it's the right way. And I know we've talked about like there are examples like the Rams and like some other teams that do it differently.
Speaker 3: But I was surprised that they kept them.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: It's a good move. It feels like they needed a new voice. Gus Bradley had been there a long time before Sansteiken, and I think it makes a lot of sense. Just some quickies before we take a break. Brian Schottenheimer, the offensive coordinator of the Cowboys, is interviewing for the head coaching job, and some belief in Dallas he might be the favorite. There we mentioned Jeff Albrook is Raheem Morris's new coordinator in Atlanta, and John Stryker back to the Patriots. Not back to the Patriots, but back to Mike Rabel. He is like his numbers guy Consiglieri.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Mike Reese.
Speaker 5: ESPN dot Com was reporting this over the weekend that he John Striker, who is doing a situational game management and analyst role for the Rams and specifically for Sean McVay, is going to be heading back to Mike Rabel's staff. McVeigh plucked him out of Tennessee when Rabel was not going to be doing a job this last year. And it's interesting because it's pretty much night and day. A nicknamed Stretch, he had had such a stellar reputation across the league for finding little ways to win in margins and finding little advantages, little rules bending, little things with game management and situational analysis. That's been such a huge talking point around the league, little things with the clock and with managing officials and all of these different types of things that we don't often think about, but when they happened, we're.
Speaker 2: Like, that was so cool.
Speaker 4: How'd they think of that?
Speaker 5: That was all Stretch And everyone remembers the punt the punt play or the excuse me, the clock management where Rabrael Alt Belichick, Belichick, you know, Stretch was on his staff at that time, and he completely changed the way that Sean McVay manages games. I mean, he's now going forward on fourth down most of the time when he should. He's doing really interesting things that he never would have even thought about before, like fake throwing a challenge flag. Now this is not He would not confirm this to me, but he laughed hard enough to make me think this is what happened. Fake throwing a challenge flag even though you knew you couldn't challenge the play because there was four forward progress on the play and you could not challenge it. But the challenge, which you knew you weren't going to lose because the officials would give it back to him because you can't challenge on that play, would give the defense time to research and sub and different things like that that the Rams have quietly been doing all year because they knew they needed those advantages with a roster that was either young or less than in a different ways. I think this is quietly a huge higher and it also does play into or a rehire in that regard, and it does quietly play into a lot more coaching staffs are very under the radar hiring these guys who exists with the Ravens, John Park with the Cowboys, who is with the Colts for a long time.
Speaker 4: They definitely miss him.
Speaker 5: Guys who are on the field doing these things versus in an office somewhere down on the other side of the building working with an analytics department. They're in the headset now, And I think that's really interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a good hire. Rabel knows him well. Say's contingly area and what is old is new again? I mean that's Ernie Adams's role with the Patriots, which NFL Films has done about fifteen different Like, no guy that didn't have an official title has been immortalized more than Ernie Adams, who essentially was Bill Belichick's game management analytics guy in the headset during games. The whole time he was with the Patriots. So Rabel's got his guy. All right, let's take a break. We'll come back with the segment on the other side.
Speaker 8: Twelve of the NFL's finest quarterbacks. I've left them of their states lugery swits for the adventure of them. Brid Iron heroes are used to leading their teams on the field, But can they outplay, outlast, and outthrow each other in the ultimate survival challenge? You ain't everything you have with the gobe to we find a way to win the.
Speaker 7: No matter what.
Speaker 8: The stakes are high and the competition is fierce.
Speaker 2: But I thought we were done.
Speaker 3: I thought we were.
Speaker 8: Done wise to the top, and who.
Speaker 7: Will be.
Speaker 2: That's the problem. Al right, back, let's go. This is Quarterback of the Island. Is here here he.
Speaker 1: As self appointed mayor of Quarterback Island?
Speaker 2: Am I allowed to even be there? I herefore call this.
Speaker 1: Surprise emergency Meeting of Quarterback Island to order. Our co executive producer Jordan rod Rieg said she had an item of business. And it's like one of those things where the Congress all like leave early for the holidays and they're like, nope, we've got to vote on some bills on Christmas Eve.
Speaker 2: Everyone get back to the Capitol, people to work.
Speaker 5: Here, I deem this topic and this matter at hand as crucial and necessary business. Okay, I hereby use my one and only riptide card.
Speaker 3: We still have them.
Speaker 4: We still have them.
Speaker 5: Okay, to pull Sam Darnold off of quarterbacks?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, Well, remind everyone what a riptide card is.
Speaker 5: A riptide card is a one single use card for an entire NFL season and postseason, that in which you can pull without argument, one player off of Quarterback Island that you so choose. Now, unlike Greg's opinion on the matter, you cannot then instantly replace a player of your choosing.
Speaker 1: Well, let's be honest, we're all just playing fast and loose with the rules at this point of this season, your.
Speaker 3: Honor, some people, there are no rules.
Speaker 5: But I thereby would present to you all a nomination which then we would vote.
Speaker 2: Upot okay, so to review.
Speaker 1: When we finished the season and we thought it was for the season, We even sent out a little graphic. The final class of QB Island twenty twenty four was Josh Allen, Joe Burrow, Jaden Daniels, Jared Goff, justin Herbert Lamar Jackson, Patrick Mahomes, Sam Darnold, Baker Mayfield, and Geno Smith. And you believe the evidence since then has caused you to just pull that poor boy Sam Darnold off the island.
Speaker 5: And it wasn't just the last game of the season. It was that the struggles compounded into the postseason while another quarterback ascended. And so now that we have an empty space on quarterback Island, I would like to argue back and present to you for nomination. Matthew Stafford. Oh, first, I admit that he wasn't a fully worthy Islander by the end of the season, based on some of the rolls of his season overall, and especially the back third of it, which he admitted to me. We talked about this after the Vikings game, about how he did not play his best football or even close to it through the back third of the seasoning here, yes, yeah, you know, I'm there, and I covered the team that. Yeah, that's good anyway, So yes, and so actually justifying not having him on. But the postseason performance against the Vikings, after the chaos of the fires of that week and the relocated game, Stafford did not just play an efficient game, he made a couple of his signature like only Matthew Stafford would even try that throw, let alone complete it. And even then I'd say, Okay, good stuff. You'd still be fair leaving the island as it is, because only extreme circumstances might get us to revisit what was voted on and therefore solidified.
Speaker 4: At the end of the season.
Speaker 5: And I think these are extreme circumstances. I was in Philadelphia watching and listening as he with busted ribs single handedly sent a ripple of quiet dread into one of the toughest and most badass fan bases in football history, and in the snow and icy winds made even those Eagles fans into believers as he put that defense totally on the ropes.
Speaker 4: With those last two drives.
Speaker 5: The way he played in those moments that made everyone understand that if the Rams were to win that game, they could legitimately win the Super Bowl, and his whole team came with him, and he convinced the head coach, who at times has been the one who you've had to pull into the feeling, and the quarterback who can actually do that to get Sean McVay to believe right along with you. That quarterback who can silence that road stadium and sling it in the elements and take control in that way even though he can't move for crap, should get to spend his off season in the warm comforts of Quarterback Island, where other current members Sam Donald, Jared Goff, and Justin Herbert, well not Donald anymore, totally crumbled in the playoffs. Thank you for the time and for your consideration.
Speaker 3: Wow, listen, I'm not going to stick up for Sam Donald.
Speaker 7: He burned me in a really big spot multiple times, and I am just very disappointed, Like I am mad and disappointed in Sam Donald.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, that's right.
Speaker 1: On game day morning, you went hard on Sam Donald.
Speaker 3: I was like, this is gonna pay off.
Speaker 1: Look like a get you did it a social post up in my face. I actually gave you a gift of telling you how right you were about Sam Donald on this show.
Speaker 2: Did you keep the receipt?
Speaker 3: You know, times things change, and that's just what life is.
Speaker 1: It's unfortunate because, like for a lot of he really did help define the season, and yet this isn't the MVP vote. Why do we have to be locked into the end of the regular season we're making this up as we go along. And now when you look back at the season as a whole, I do think you will remember those two Matthew Stafford performances. When I rewatched that game in the snow, I was even more impressed on the All twenty two that first drive and it was indicative of the rest of the game. Included three tight window throws that just shouldn't have been completed, that had to be absolutely perfect. Wasn't snowing at that point to be fair, but just the tight window rate in that game was so much higher than any other team that played all weekend. Darius Slay said it after the game, just how Stafford to sling it into like the smallest of windows and he got it done. And to do that and do it after the performance that he had with the Rams having to evacuate and then leave the city and get the win, he is one of the defining features. And I am ready to vote yes on Sam Darnold.
Speaker 5: Well, you don't get a choice on I use my rib t. You don't get a choice, But the vacancy should go to Matthew Stafford, is my yes.
Speaker 7: Oh, I think everyone is agreeing on that. I definitely thought that Matthew Stafford was going to lead the Rams to a win at the end, Thank god, Jaalen.
Speaker 2: Carter came in and stop that.
Speaker 7: They had all the momentum in the world though, and the Rams looked really, really good, and it was just like in the snow. Ye it wasn't It didn't feel like that was supposed to happen. And then all of a sudden they had life thanks to Jake Elliott missing those two extra points and the way that they just kind of caught fire and were able to just march right down the field.
Speaker 4: Two things.
Speaker 5: One, the guy who was running the elevator to go get us up and down into the bowels of the stadium where we were running to postgame press conferences and all of that kept referring to kept saying the phrase, Missy Elliott almost cost us the game, and I was like, it took me so long, actually click, that's it was incredible. I was like, I love Philadelphia Eagles fans, like that's because he missed the two kicks, and oh, it took me so long to actually understand, and because I was.
Speaker 4: Like, how was she here?
Speaker 3: Like I haven't been sleeping.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And then and then the other thing was like that that Jalen Carter outside inside fakestep to make it look like running a stunt and then actually coming up the middle had bolimmer in a blender, and it just it's fortunate that you know, it's a rookie center for the Rams playing there the stadium, Like, I give all the compliments, and I mean it to Philadelphia Eagles fans, I love to hear. I mean, I love, I love football. And that was so effing football. It rocked snow games.
Speaker 4: It was so sick games and.
Speaker 3: Philly are absolute best. I was so sad that I wasn't there.
Speaker 4: It was so sick.
Speaker 5: And but they it almost felt like they were all holding their breath.
Speaker 2: That was.
Speaker 5: It was spooky and cool, and no it wasn't snowing snowing, but there was like ice and sleep coming out of the sky the entire second half, even though even in some of those tight window throws.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, no, I meant the first that first quarter driver, he was electric and he kept it going in that that that ten play drive there's he might be the only guy on the planet that could have done that drive that way, getting ten plays done one he was he was absolutely incredible.
Speaker 4: So you sure feels like it.
Speaker 2: Uh, you know, hurt. There you go. So Matthew Stafford, you've made.
Speaker 7: It in Uh congratulations, thank you for that, and hopefully Steve Wish approves, you know, but we outvoted you anyways, three we got a voting.
Speaker 2: Block of three. Yes, got from Matthew Stafford and now QB Island.
Speaker 4: I won't be murdered in my sleep.
Speaker 1: For the season. Sorry, Sam, let's do the segment.
Speaker 2: That was a nice little surprise. Uh. It was just something that that you thought that basically maybe maybe you'll upset people, maybe not, but that you're going to choose violence on this great Tuesday. Why don't you go college?
Speaker 4: Oh okay, great, that did sound violent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I a great Honestly.
Speaker 7: I choose violence, first of all, against my landlord, who's deciding right now to rip up all of the bricks and concrete that's around the house. So jackhammers are NonStop all morning and afternoon.
Speaker 2: And that's fine.
Speaker 7: That's that's something that I'm dealing with though personally. But I choose violence against the Eagles passing game is a problem argument.
Speaker 3: The argument. I can't do the argument right now. I mean, yeah, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 7: This problem is like such an issue that they are one game away from going to.
Speaker 3: The Super Bowl.
Speaker 7: I'm so sorry that they didn't pass the ball in the snow and all of those conditions.
Speaker 3: I'm so sorry that they have.
Speaker 7: Saquon Barkley and one of the best offensive lines in the entire league. How dare they run the ball? How dare they do what's working for them? Like, who cares how they're winning, They're doing it. I don't understand why people are complaining and picking apart this team when they're going for the NFC championship this weekend, Like, get out of here?
Speaker 3: Uh, how will they ever fix themselves?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: No, Like, I get it.
Speaker 7: Things would be a lot easier for the Eagles if they were able to have a more consistent, balanced offense. Sure, like these wins would probably come in an easier fashion for them. But they're still winning. And if you have Saquon, you have this defense that's so good, that offensive line, that running game, just lean on it and see where it takes you.
Speaker 3: Look cut, Colleen, it's so annoying. I hate it.
Speaker 2: Also, are you watching that one again? First half? Jalen hurts that was like a B plus Jalen Hurts game. He played well.
Speaker 1: He took a couple of sacks he shouldn't have, which he's just gonna do at this point. But if DeVante Smith doesn't get his head taken off and aj Brown doesn't drop great go ball on a touchdown, they're up twenty to seven at halftime, and Jalen Hurts has about one hundred and seventy yards and he made all the right decisions in terms of when to run take the five yards, when to slide, and he actually was hitting his check down more often than usual. He obviously has shortcomings as like a pocket passer. He is also obviously the worst quarterback playing on this weekend, which is unfortunate. But the good thing is it's a team sport and he's playing at a level I think that can get them over the finish line and win the Super Bowl if they all play well around him and he plays, you know, closer to his best version and that he's healthy, which maybe by the end of that game he was not playing at his best version.
Speaker 3: But I really I finely got hurt in the third quarter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do give them.
Speaker 1: It also is like we're talking about like a couple of different snaps late in that game that people are talking about.
Speaker 2: I didn't think he was moving that bad.
Speaker 1: Actually, he didn't play nearly as bad as I thought upon rewatching, and the offensive line had one of their worst games season.
Speaker 2: The offensive line's sneaking not been amazing for a month. That's that's my like lukewarm take.
Speaker 3: Oh, they're terrible.
Speaker 1: No, they're really good, terrible too, but they're like they're not getting the running game going consistently enough.
Speaker 2: Their success rate and they're down to down.
Speaker 1: Production hasn't been good, and they've made a lot of mental errors and they gave up a couple mistakes mentally for what the Rams were doing in terms of their pass rush that they had like won really upfront.
Speaker 5: I said this to you before the show. I thought that was a B plus Jalen Hurts game. I thought it was a D Kellen Moore all game because with Philadelphia loves you today.
Speaker 3: Loves Jordan rod Rey.
Speaker 4: I had a great time in your study. I send me more cheese steaks, please.
Speaker 3: Everyone really runned off on you.
Speaker 5: I in the walking in, I mean, you know, you never know what can happen walking into that stadium.
Speaker 4: In the parking lot.
Speaker 5: No, So you know, the the deep drop calls, I hate it. I'm like, yeah, I get them going in the checkdowns on the quick passing game.
Speaker 4: Don't even make it a check down.
Speaker 5: Give him a first to read outlet that's actually a short and a quick or a hot like, do those types of things that you can give to him. So he's not taking these deep drops and doing exactly what the Vikings at Nauseum did with Sam Darnold, these deep drops that play right into the hands of the strength of the Rams young pass rushers, even minus Braydon Fisk.
Speaker 4: That's what he kept doing, including in the end zone.
Speaker 5: I did not like that, but that's not on Jalen Hurts and when he was able to pick up gains and when he was able to get the ball down the field, whether taking the right moments to run before he got hurt or getting the ball to his playmakers, I thought he had a B plus game. I did not like the way Kellen Moore called that game at all.
Speaker 1: I agree, but again, I guess it was rewatching. Just think, and you can do this with a lot of games, but I think it was more exaggerated with this one. Was they were that Aj Brown, Like just three specific plays. AJ Brown dropping a pass he catches almost every time, the Mackai Beckton illegal man downfield, which is a mental error, and the Lane Johnson fallse start at the goal line. If you get two of those three, you're scoring forty points. I could not they they they made mistakes, but offensively they moved the ball more than consistently enough, and the rams were up for the challenge. But also like if they don't make those mistakes, they're putting up forty and no one's talking about Jill Hearns.
Speaker 2: All right, your your choice.
Speaker 5: Well, to choose violence not really violent, but I do choose violence on behalf of punters everywhere.
Speaker 4: We've had some really good punts this year.
Speaker 3: Guys, Oh my god, what is this?
Speaker 4: Colleagues like, got her head down?
Speaker 5: I think if a punter pins an offense inside the five yard line and then the defense gets a safety, and then the punter stat sheet should account for one of the points. I choose violence on the half of my punters everywhere.
Speaker 1: I mean, that feels more like a cat on your lap on a nice warm day. That's like a warm and fuzzy I don't know if that's violent.
Speaker 2: But I love it.
Speaker 4: I literally wrote, I don't have a violent take. I'm tired.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like that idea just as a proposal though that punters, we should have more punting stats in general.
Speaker 2: Thanks like inside this.
Speaker 3: With more punting storyline.
Speaker 2: That was just a nice way to give Ethan Evans is his name?
Speaker 5: Well, yes, Ethan Evans had a great punt, but also be right before the safety. But also we've had some really outstanding especially punting is becoming an extension of the defense on some of these teams, and I've loved watching that. I will say I have another one that's I'm annoyed.
Speaker 4: I don't feel violent about it, okay, but I'm like annoyed about it.
Speaker 5: I don't think that coaching candidates, regardless of whether they're in a playoff game or not, should be able to interview with teams until everybody is done playing.
Speaker 2: Yeah you know who agrees with you?
Speaker 4: Who?
Speaker 5: Me?
Speaker 2: But also Bill Belichick I saw him make could you argue?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was surprised because it's it's been a tough.
Speaker 4: I'm annoyed by it.
Speaker 1: A parasocial relationship year for me and Bill Belichick. He doesn't know this, but I have not enjoyed his media career, and it just hasn't been saying anything.
Speaker 2: And I often disagree. It's just hasn't been good.
Speaker 5: I don't like how to handle that that I'm not saying anything.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, we agree with it. He made he made this point, and I saw it this week. He made this exact same case, and I do agree with it.
Speaker 7: Greg was like, finally Bill Belichick says something that's worth something.
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly.
Speaker 4: I'm just annoyed about it.
Speaker 5: I think it sets everybody back, whether it is trying to do right by minority candidates, whether it is stressing the f out of candidates who are preparing for playoff games and taking things off of their plate, whether it is basically just wasting time by people you know you're not going to hire. You're just waiting for coaches on good teams, and it's like, everyone, chill, wait one second. It's your own fault if you're so god awful that you fired your coach halfway through the season. Let the good teams cook and fully focus and wait your turn to speak to them, and then in that way, everything equalizes a little bit more.
Speaker 3: This is common sense, like this is what the rule should be.
Speaker 1: And I wonder though, if the Lions hadn't lost, let's say they go to the Super Bowl, does Ben Johnson get hired by the Bears for sure?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe they wait till February and it's fine, and it's and it's kind of a agreed to like Kyle seen with that money was back back in the day. I don't know, Like the whole thing seems off to me, because of course it's a distraction. People talk about like, oh, distractions in the locker room, and like I'm not saying that the Lions lost because of that, but of course it's a distraction. You're going to these interviews, and if you really want to get the job, you're really preparing hard for the interviews and spending a lot of time. Not that like you're not it's not like they're missing team meeting anything like that.
Speaker 2: But that's a lot of stress.
Speaker 5: It's just like well, and also and also it's it's derivative of the candidate's time, regardless of who they are, because you're saying, oh, we'll go on Zoom for an hour. That way, we're not taking up your time, and it's like, how the hell could you get a feel for somebody over zoom in an hour? And then second of all, like you're not even really actually doing proper research at that point and it's all being agent fed instead instead of you getting in the weeds with these people and like actually looking and seeing what they're about and like it, okay, I am violent about it.
Speaker 2: I'm yeah, And just never even met with the Bears in person, Like that was just a right.
Speaker 3: It was just why everyone came out to see him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and we're like, are we sure this is him around?
Speaker 4: He's not wearing a hat?
Speaker 2: I mean yeah.
Speaker 1: It is a little crazy, and of course it would be distracting less so for the gms, this is actually a good time. This is coaching specific to be taking those interviews. They're busy, but they they can they can handle it. But that's like a lot of a lot of preparation. Actually, our our friend Anthony Weaver, I'm calling him a friend because he was a guest on the show, and I don't think you would know who I was quite yet, but I'm calling him a friend. In Miami, they asked him a week or two before the season and about interviewing for these jobs, and he was like, oh yeah, my agent was getting on me because he asked me, what have I done to prepare for these interviews and I told him absolutely nothing. I'm just I'm putting everything into these final weeks of the season. And that was, you know, the regular season, And that was maybe a tell that, like, he might have an uphill battle in this in this cycle, because there are certainly coaches that have gone through it a few times and they.
Speaker 3: Would respect that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do respect it.
Speaker 1: If you're especially if you're working for the Dolphins, you respect it.
Speaker 2: But like it takes a lot.
Speaker 1: Anyways, let's go to my favorite part of the show and it's called Puppy Corner. Let's learn about man Colleen Wolf before we say goodbye. I know your life has been thrown upside down by a new creature.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what, one day, why didn't I.
Speaker 7: Just drive out to Palmdale in the middle of nowhere, go to the pound.
Speaker 3: And pick up a puppy. It's gonna be so nice.
Speaker 7: I finally will have like a full time puppy living with me. And I mean I didn't really realize how much of a puppy this one was they said she was about a year and a half, which, yeah, that's still puppy energy. But she's a border Collie so she's very smart.
Speaker 3: And very active.
Speaker 7: And I went with Keema, which, by the way, if anyone gave me a name submission, thank you.
Speaker 3: That was so entertaining.
Speaker 1: Here's a picture if you're watching on YouTube, your face. It's the only exclusive of place you can find a picture beautiful Keema.
Speaker 3: So yes, I went with Keema.
Speaker 7: I got hundreds of name submissions. My mom has actively told me that she doesn't like the name Keema and has given me another set of possible names, but.
Speaker 3: Kema is I can't leave the house.
Speaker 7: Without Keema freaking out because she has separation anxiety. So I have been sort of under house arrest and just trying to work with her. She pulled out her in her stitches and staples on her. She got spade and she worked her way out of multiple cones, so we're now on the third cone. I watched Sunday's games, the Eagles. I watched everyone on Sunday at the animal hospital because I was there with her as she got re stitched and stapled. So now she's home and I have someone watching her, so I'll go back and Yeah, today I found her standing on top of the kitchen table like a cat.
Speaker 3: But she's forty five pounds.
Speaker 4: A counter surf huh, I love it. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: I grew up with a it's going shalty, a Shetland sheep dog, which is a close relation a mix that includes the border colleague. Yeah, and I could have I could have told you they're a little more, you know how some people say like, oh, yeah, my dog is he's kind of like a cat. Like they're not that they're going to take their their high maintenance.
Speaker 2: They're a lot. Yeah, they're a lot of fun, but they're a lot.
Speaker 3: She's very funny, just very smart though.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so she has already figured out a lot of workarounds for things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what a terrorist. I'm so excited for you.
Speaker 5: First of all, she is fully emotionally and physically in charge of your house now, So congratulations. I'm really excited for you though, because my Tucker is a shepherd college mix.
Speaker 4: Oh, he countersurved. Just to give your heads up.
Speaker 5: He counter surfed until he was no so and this was barricades. He knows how to open doors. He learned how to do all of these things. But once they once.
Speaker 4: But I'm it's a good thing. It's a good thing.
Speaker 5: Once once they grow into you and learn you, it's like they really respect your tendencies and your personality and the way that you operate her, and like they fit themselves into your life in a very cool, very human way. And it's it's so rocks because you can see them figuring it out, like she's figuring you out. I don't know, but Eric is laughing more than I just love I love that for you.
Speaker 4: I'm excited.
Speaker 3: I love it too.
Speaker 2: You have about five years until really calms down.
Speaker 7: You had a child, ye, that was like you like gradu to get like day care for her.
Speaker 3: I'm flying my dad out here.
Speaker 7: To watch her when I go to the super Bowl because like she can't be left alone for even thirty seconds.
Speaker 3: She cries.
Speaker 7: When I go into the shower, she freaks out.
Speaker 2: Six or seven those were prime, you know, years after.
Speaker 3: The amount of negotiating I did with her.
Speaker 4: That's she that's that they love that.
Speaker 3: Uh huh. Yeah. She learned steps the other day and what mirrors are.
Speaker 7: So we're really just I have she's like four months old. It feels like.
Speaker 5: I'm so happy for you though, because you two are begining to become this bonded pair, like she's going to be ride or died, just all about.
Speaker 3: It's just cool.
Speaker 4: I'm excited for you.
Speaker 5: I know it's a lot. I can Tucker and I volunteer to help with whatever. He's very calming. He's been through it, you know. He's like, I've been that girl, you know. So yeah, whatever you need, we got your Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, that was another episode of Puppy Corner.
Speaker 3: There will be many more.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to return.
Speaker 3: I've cried so many times.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, are you okay? Yeah, I'm sure.
Speaker 1: It's like Rihanna said, you know, you found in love in a hopeless place. There was there was all this tragedy in our area, and coming out of the fire there came Keema into your life.
Speaker 4: You did a really good thing, Colleen.
Speaker 2: Will you will remember.
Speaker 1: I mean, it'll all be mashed up together, right, the fires and Keema coming into your life now now forever.
Speaker 3: I love her.
Speaker 7: She's really sweet, she's funny, She's just a handful. So I brought a terrorist into the home.
Speaker 1: And I mentioned at the top of the show that you were still receiving some holiday cards before we say goodbye. Who cares it's January twenty first here you want to open one? I have a feeling Colleen's.
Speaker 2: Tree is still up. Am I right?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No? I thought mean, I mean you got one from Germany.
Speaker 7: Got one from Germany. That's cool, it was really fun. This is from Pascal Brogue.
Speaker 2: Hammer cool.
Speaker 3: He says, hi to Tim my brother, so thank you for that.
Speaker 7: We got one from Emily Volts and Luke.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Toby Straker, the only listener who addressed me and colleague, Oh, so I like you. We got we got one from South Dakota and North Dakota.
Speaker 5: We you guys got one from Adrian Vasquez from North Texas. And he said something I can relate to. Forgive this smeared envelope. I'm a lefty. Best wishes for.
Speaker 2: Toby.
Speaker 1: By the way, is a Raiders fans does mention you specifically Bordan in the in the card and says he's looking forward to more draft content soon. I'm glad you mentioned that, Toby, because we're going to go hard. It's a daily podcast. We're gonna go very hard on the NFL Draft. I'm looking forward to that. Sounded like a threat season.
Speaker 3: Oh, Emily got a new puppy.
Speaker 7: Oh, she says, Merry Christmas to Colleen.
Speaker 3: Greg Jordan's whole yes corner continues.
Speaker 1: You guys are the best. We we love our viewers, our listeners. Keep playing it eric as we get out of here.
Speaker 4: Oh go birds.
Speaker 7: From one long suffering Philly fan to another, my dog says hello.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: I just hope, honestly, if you guys keep sending Christmas cards throughout the year, this can be a semi regular Oh, this is amazing part of the show. We'll be back on Wednesday, Luke Patrick claibon some special guests. Yes, when when the Jets and the Bears are getting their fan bases hopes up again.
Speaker 2: It's hope season already for teams.
Speaker 1: Around the NFL. You know football is back. I'll see you Wednesday.
Speaker 3: I love the parts