Speaker 1: Welcome in to Fantasy pros MLB. This is a leading of life with me. It's for me Mario, and that is my brother. He's a Luigi, and together the two of us, we make it repairing Welsh. I'm gonna give you the opportunity to speak in a very stereotypical voice just for the opening about an Italian plumber.
Speaker 2: Go ahead and you canna talk like me if you like.
Speaker 3: Mario, thank you for giving me the passes. Thank you to allow me to bring back the Luigi name to the Mario brothers.
Speaker 1: Hey, my goodness, we are to do a handsome guys, that's all I know. And we have got all kinds of baseball for you, for your face, for your ears, and for your eyes and for your cockles. We've got it all for you. So we're gonna go through. We have a prospecting within it. The Welsh, you got the injuries, we got so many things.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be amazing.
Speaker 1: And why are we like this?
Speaker 2: Ill tell you why?
Speaker 1: Because we hit the twenty five that I was in subscribe, but it was on the channel. Nobody said that we would do it, and we did it, and we are so proud, and we said we would dress up again every time that we hit a new mark. So the question is, what were we gonna do when we get to thirty thousand next time?
Speaker 3: Not to talker like at this Mario, Not to keep going with this voice.
Speaker 2: All right, I can barely talk out in that thing. I this mustache seems absurdly large. I mean mine almost like, yeah, that's not that's not better. I don't know what's going on. This mustache came and it was enormous. I mean, I don't know what they're making this musty. I gotta like flip it up here so you can hear my voice. It's gonna fall off at some point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but we're here. That's for you as well. By the way, for the audio listeners, we're dressed as Mario and Luigi. I can't do impressions, so people are mentioning I sound like grou In there.
Speaker 2: So it's not upside down. I thought it was upside down too. It's not.
Speaker 3: No, you have to wear them like it's minus ridiculous here. But thank you for twenty five thousand. I will tell you we almost had an extra surprise, mister Joe Mario here. I know I saidedly U huh. Was we almost had a guest appearance by Warrio. That's right. Warrio almost came in in the form of cousin Donnie. But Warrio's outfit did not come apparently, and it was not shipped in times.
Speaker 2: So that's just so sad. What thing. But I gotta call him a back. I owe him a phone call.
Speaker 3: Let's let's shout him out though, because Joe did make an appearance on Donnie's show.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 3: If you want to get a little promotion for that, Joey.
Speaker 2: Yes, shooting straight with Donnie c just me and cousin Donnie talking. I don't know, I gotta like put this. I'm gonna wear it like a mutton chop here. I'm gonna be like you're wearing a guy from the seventies for a little while. I don't know. This is just crazy. So let's get into the baseball. We got a lot to get to and we've got to start here, obviously with somebody getting paid. And that man is Vladimir Guerrero Junior. He signs an agreement fourteen years, five one hundred million dollars. Ooh, we that is a lot right there. So let's talk about this Welsh because I don't think it's an accident that this weekend over at City Field where he was shumming around with you know, Lindor and Sodo, and they were hanging out at batting practice together, and all this stuff was going on, and then the crowd was cheering Vlad Guerrero every app at, every time they come up, all the fans, the Met fans clap and enjoying themselves. I think the Blue Jays got a little nervous there. So here's a question. I know, Vladimerguirrel wins this because he gets paid five hundred million dollars, so he's a winner. But who are the winners here? Is it the Blue Jays making this investment? Is it Vlad? Could he have gotten the six if he went to the open market between the Yankees and the Mets and and god knows who else might get into the mix there, or do you think this is just the smart thing around for everybody to get in on this extension.
Speaker 3: Vladdy got the coins and the princess peach.
Speaker 2: He got so many coins it's unbelievable.
Speaker 1: He got a hundred coins, he got a free life for fourteen, He got a fourteen of free lives.
Speaker 2: That's a lot.
Speaker 3: This is one hundred percent by taking us serious by the way talk like this, this is one hundred percent a Blue Jays win because nobody wants to go play there. You can't get any free agents. They're throwing all the money out there. They can't get Mario, Luigi Warrio or Luigi or whatever the fake Luigi is. They can't get anybody to come and play there. So this is a huge win because he gets to work as that catalyst to potentially bring back a guy like Bo. There's a lot of rumors about Bo maybe not coming back. So yeah, I mean from a non fantasy breakdown perspective, this is great. He's gonna, you know, be the catalyst to hopefully getting some free agents to come in. But it's no doubt a win for them. There is a little part of me that was thinking maybe he'd push even a little bit more with the market and teams. I mean, the Shoyotani contract created a blueprint where it's no matter what that financial dollar looks like, the right players, you can market and make money outside of baseball beyond belief. So you know who cares. But yeah, this is a win for the Blue Jays.
Speaker 2: Well, they can tell you one thing. Kyle Tucker is gonna make six hundred million dollars easily. That number is gonna have a six in front of it because he's a great defensive player. He plays the outfield. Look, this is good on Laddie, he got paid. Good on the Blue Jays. They finally got somebody. I've been talked to Joe Alrico since this has happened. I can only assume he is super excited about this. Finally the Blue Jays got somebody. And I like when guys spend their whole careers basically at one spot. I think that's pretty cool. You know, I am a throwback. I am romantic about baseball still, and it's nice when you have a player who just you know, comes through an organization, stays with an organization. And I'm not surprised it happened this weekend because I was watching the home opener and those guys were out there before batting practice, hanging out with each other, chumming around. And I get it, a countryman, everybody's hanging around. Everybody love and let I don't know, they looked awful chummy together, and I think the ownership was like, we can't let this get any further. If it's five and that's the number that gets it done, let's just get it done. And they got it done, so their credit good job also getting it done. Logan o'hoppi. Four homers in four days an incredibles start three forty five, three sixty seven, eight sixty two slash five homers, nine rebies, Joey P's favorite catcher of the year doing pretty good. Unfortunately, one of my other favorite cheaper catchers on the IL more to come, also a big Dodger pitcher going in the IL. We're gonna break that down a little later. But speaking of the Dodgers, the Phillies take two from the Dodgers. If you watch the show on Friday, I gave you the Phillies plus one eighteen to stick the Dodgers with their first l and they did, and then they won this series from them. The Phillies are not intimidated the Oscar Hernandez two homers, But Jose Alvarado, he's the closer, folks. I hate to break it to anybody who still has got questions about it. He gets a second save. Casianos's a grand slam. Glass now was no good five runs, two innings for him, but that was really uncomfortable. He looked like he could not get his good footing on the mound at all. The weather was crappy, the whole situation was bad. Glass now just looked completely uncomfortable. I would write this one off and not for you know, remember it at all. But your boy was terrific too. I want to shout him out because Christopher Sanchez nine strikeouts, So great day for the Phillies, great day for Sanchez. Not a good day for Teleglass now.
Speaker 3: No, not a good day for Dodgers in general. As you're gonna mention, by the way, it is just a delight watching you do this show and talk like this. You can't even see Joe's mouth. You actually look like Warshock from Like the Watchman. You're just like the things are just moving around.
Speaker 2: I'm like a I have to like over emphasize for you to see my mouth.
Speaker 3: That must is quite it's too much. It's quite incredible. And tune in for a little bit later. I will yoshi impression it as many people are mentioning here. But the Chris Sanchez thing I think is really important to talk about. There are quite a few pictures I feel, relatively in short term of the season, vindicated to a couple of the guys that I was pounding the table on. I know everybody was pounding the table on Spinster Swellenbach, but that was a Day one guy for me, as well as talking about Christopher Sanchez being, you know, kind of one of those like League Winny type of players and the high high K percentage. You know, Era is still up, but he's expected Thera is in the low threes. He's giving up not a ton of barreled contact. Thirty four percent K percentage early on in the year. It's a it's a it's a big it's a big win.
Speaker 2: Yeah whoo. And also here a question add Matthew Boyd and drop Bailey Obert. No, I would not do that at all. I think that's a terrible move. No, No, it's gonna be fine. Just relax. Mister Tucker has been very good. New mister Cubb, I don't know Kyle Tucker man Lettle slow start those first couple of games in Japan, but after that, a two run homer RBI single will walk against the Padres on Sunday, he is second in the majors in homers. He's got five, he's got fifteen ribies, he's got thirteen run scored, twelve walks. So so far, the Kyle Tucker move for the Cubs has been as designed as delivered, And that's great. And I know a lot of people still have concerns about him in Wrigley Field. At some point, let's let all that play out. Let's just live in the awesome right now, and Tucker is living in that. Also, we had some good news and some prospect World stuff or rookie lookies. At least Dylan Crews two for four with a steal on Sunday, so he's not getting sent down. That's great. And we had a debut from Chase Delander, who earned a victory over the Athletics in his first start in the major leagues. Now was it perfect? No six strike, strikeouts, one walk. He was able to work around some problems there. Delander is a guy that you know you talked about in the off season, and I know we're always hesitating about pitching prospects in Colorado, But what were your takeaways from the Chase Delander debut.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was very excited about that. I was actually on like a hike with my family, and I didn't do a bunch of betting, but I saw one bet on the board prior and it was Chase Dolander's strikeouts at three and a half yesterday, and I took the over and that ended up smashing. As I was go around the hike, I was peaking, and then when we got it, I was like, ah, it's a beautiful day. And he looked pretty dang good, rewatching forty three percent fastball. His cutter looked really solid. He threw that twenty seven percent of the time. Interesting too, four pitch mix of ten percent or more. The cutter and the changeup have similar VLO characteristics, but it's just like the change up ends up dying and the cutter just moves twenty five spin on it, two thousand on the change up, same velo, averaging around eighty nine, touching ninety. His curveball looked really gross to thirty eight percent whiff rate. He had overall ten total whiffs twenty four percent. CSW a little bit lower, but you know, he's able to get in his own a little bit of a home run problem. I think that he is kind of a dude, and I had mentioned I tweeted about it. I'm high on Dolander, even if he's in Colorado. I thought that was a good first start, even though there was a home run problem. I think he can get that going. And I think he is someone that in twelve teams you should potentially look at the back end of your rotation. It's tough. Somebody'd ask me Jackson job or him. Oh man, that's really really tough job. Maybe a tiny bit more sustainability, but I think Dolander's got some huge strikeout potential and wait to see him out of Colorado as well.
Speaker 2: Like the prospect don't like the environment. I will be careful. I'm not saying he's not worth an ad. If your pitching staff is really bad, then okay, yeah, sure you can add him and see what happens. But I think that you got to be very careful about the start you make. We are going to get to more of your questions. I see a bunch of them. I'm very excited to see all the peanuts and cracker jacks. On such a beautiful day, celebrating twenty five thousand subscribers on the YouTube channel. I can't wait to see what we're gonna do for thirty thousand. Also make sure you subscribe here. We're on Twitch, Twitch, dot tv Slash Fantasy Pros Live. That's where we are as my audio is muffled by my mustache here. But we are going to take a break from Mario and Luigi because it's Monday and Mondays. We like to do a little segment called Prospecting with the Welsh. That's right. Prospecting with the Welsh is our favorite time to look down on the farm to see about some prospects and not be able to help your fantasy team. So let's talk to the Welsh about just that Welsh. We had some Chase de Lander moments already making a debut. And speaking of the Rockies, we got another guy who just got called up in Zach Veen. So that's the guy everybody's talking about. If you were on the wire last night, you might have already picked him up. He's rostered in about thirty five to forty percent of leagues right now, hitting three eighty seven, He's got a homer, eight ribbys, seven runs, a steal over thirty two played appearances. I was bitching and moaning last week about why are the Colorado Rockies keeping Zach Viene down and signing guys like Mickey Moniac. This makes no sense to me, So I can only assume that the Rockies GM was watching the show.
Speaker 3: Well, we don't know what to do with this team in general, because like we would have put we would put Zach Viene on a higher list of watch, but they committed to Beck, they signed Mickey Moniac, They've got a lot of outfielders, so it's like, what are we doing here? So this one came as a as a non surprise surprise, if you know what I'm saying. But Veen has been a contact monster near the top of the tippy of the board as far as like hits go. Twelve hits in very very short sample sized a week of the minor league season, stolen base already put up a homer hit three eighty seven with a four to seventy two OBP. What's really interesting about Veen is he's one of the most aggressive base stealers on the planet. Makes a lot of contact kind of hits across his body. I've seen him for a couple of years. Doesn't have really great max evs is just a tall skinny guy, but dude, he is I'm telling you, if he gets on base in this first game, he is stealing immediately. So what you have is it's kind of Victor Scotti with him that you know, if he were to play the whole season and hit like two seventy legitimate shot at maybe stealing fifty bases, I think he's going to make a ton of contact and Colorado opens up some of the offensive possibility. So I think as a fifth outfielder, it makes him extra interesting. And to throw this out, my buddy Beck had put this out, and I think this is important to mention. This week is the end of the PPI. So PPI is where if a team has a prospect up, you know by opening day, if that guy gets Rookie of the Year, they get an extra pick. Well, you got to bring prospect up by this week. I believe it's by Thursday. Thursday wins there Thursday that if a prospect is up and it's with the team for the season and wins Rookie the Year, they get compensation. So Veen is now eligible for that. Maybe that opens up for a few other players, but Veen is a twelve team look right now, certainly.
Speaker 2: The stone base is I think a huge part of this equation too. When the rules changes recently. I mean, there's a guy with a fifty steel season a couple of years ago in ninety games, So the stone base are going to be there. So if you're in head to head category leagues, look, he still got some swing and missing the game, but you can overlook that as long as he's finding ways to get on base, and he's finding ways to hit.
Speaker 3: With and if Colorado opens up, if he opens up the offensive potential just by a few other margins, you know, a non hit turns into a double, a double turns into a homer. Like, that's where things can really change at home games. So also watch his splits.
Speaker 2: That's what we'll do, all right. We're also watching Nick Kurtz. We talked about him last week and we're talking about him still because the hot streak has not gone away. Another homer is fourth home run in eight games. So the problem is, Soelderstrom's hitting, Brent Rooker is not going anywhere, right, So we're trying to find some room at the end here for this guy. And it's gonna be a little tricky. But if Kurtz continues to hit like this, you gotta figure something out, whether it means he's grabbing an outfield glove or Brent Rooker is gonna play some more outfit. I don't know what the answer is here, but Welsh, we've got to start making some room for Nick Kurtz because I don't see how another I don't know, thirty days of this sort of productivity is going to keep him down on the farm.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm wearing the as sell shirts, so sell these other players and get Nick Kurtz up. If I were to give you a bold, bold prediction, it would be that the A's would try to do something this week to bring him up. I purposely brought him up last week when it maybe wasn't as popular that he could come up simply because he is blocked. But he's been amazing. I do this little sheet on my ITL Patreon that I mentioned the top twenty five prospects to stash and I moved him to number one because he's hitting over four hundred. He's got four homers all ready, fourteen hits, he's got a four P fifty nine OBP strikeouts down, he's walking, He's literally doing everything. You just want to see them do something. I don't know how they do it. I think it would be advantageous for the A's to bring up a guy like Kurtz right now, especially if they foresee and then maybe this will be telling. By the way, if you foresee that Kurtz is going to be on this roster a decent amount this year, why not bring him up now and put yourself in a position where the Rookie of the Year candidate is open that you could get him out there and maybe you could get another first round pick change the organization. I wonder if they think about that, But as we mentioned, he's blocked. Sodastrom is ridiculous right now. We haven't seen them experiment with Rooker in the outfield or anything like that. But I would not be shocked if he came up this week due to PPI. Otherwise, he is one of the most You have to watch him bats if he is called up.
Speaker 2: Also off to a very good start and maybe rocketed for the major leagues ticket very soon. Travis Bizana, second based prospect of the Guardians. Look, he's hitting a double, a home run on Saturday, really good home or two singles and A double the next day, He's got four hit games, first of his pro career. So Bazana is a guy that is probably going to rock it through Double A. My guess is by May he's in Triple A. I don't think they're gonna give him more of a month if he keeps this up, and then I do believe this is a player you're going to see sooner than later, because the Guardians want to compete, and Bazana basically has a clear path to this job. So I love how we're seeing all these guys from last year's draft already just kind of rock it through. I know Cam Smith is struggling right now, but you know, Bizana fast track Kaglio and we're gonna talk about in a second, Kurtz. It's really been a solid draft. And you know last year when we talked about the draft, I loved this draft. I thought it was a really best draft we've had in a long time. So, Bizana, what use your take on him? And when do you think we actually see him in Cleveland?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would also say, like not a lot of people like to this draft, I think it is going to go down. Oh, I was one of the best first round first year player drafts in Fantasy from the top guys in Baziz and cag leone down to where Cam Smith is gone, Christian Moore and the pitchers Hagen Smith and Chaseburg. The first round went from to incredible. There's so much talent high school kids, and Bazana leads the tippy top of this. I legitimately thought out of camp they might consider even pushing him to the majors. He was playing in the minor league spring training games. He was playing with High A in minor league spring training, and then they moved him up to double dude's hitting over five hundred right now and a very you know, start out on Friday, of course, but I think I think you laid it out pretty properly. I wouldn't be shocked if by the end of this month he's at TRIPAA and if this team is in highly competitive in the division, which they clearly are. I don't know if they've got great options at second base that could hold him back. I would not be shocked if we saw him at some point in May. Maybe they want to get that like Super two stuff out of the way first, but I do expect to see Travis Bozana mid years. So do you want to speculate on him now if you've got na spots, if you hold a roster spot, no, you would be better off, you know if Kyraen Paris is still sitting out there like go and filling it with that instead of speculating. But Bazana should be up in the near future.
Speaker 2: Paris, I mean, the track record is not there for me. I'm not buying this stretch for him. Jack Kaglion and a four hundred and sixty foot home er, my god, it almost went out of the entire ballpark. It was wild. It was like the back row of the grass section where you could sit there and just hang out with your family and just bring chair.
Speaker 3: Get a five hundred and four foot homer according to him in AFL that I was there to watch. I videoed it. I never seen anything like it. And I talked to him the next day and he said the data in the dugout said five oh four nonchalantly, it is the It is seventy eighty great. I mean it's close to eighty grade power is a possibly get Yeah, he is going to be a masher. And you just got to watch the contact and strikeouts. I do expect we will see Jack at some point this year, but I think people feel like it's going to be sooner that I don't. I don't think they're going to rush him. I think you need a big injury to a guy like Vinnie Pasquentino midyear for them to consider it though. So he's kind of like Bazana. You don't want to get too aggressive. You should nam if you've got like some type of rookie in a spot, but holding a bench spot right now in most twelve or fifteen's is I don't think it's super smart.
Speaker 2: All right, one more guy to talk about and then two guys to watch. Andrew Painter, we just got the word that they are looking to bring him back sometime early July, late July. That's kind of what we're timeframe is. But look, this Phillies pitching staff has been so good. I'm not expecting Painter to make a huge impact, and I can't imagine them munsing him in the bullpen either. I think that would be the last thing that Phillies want to do with this kid. So it's gonna be some sort of starting role. Maybe at some point he makes a couple spot starts, maybe the playoffs. I don't know. We'll see what happens. I'm not holding my breath for this. I think this is more of a twenty twenty six thing. But what do you think about Painter and his potential arrival in July.
Speaker 3: I do like that they've already told us I love Painter. I talked to him, We got to see all his starts in the AFL last year, talked to him a bunch, super smart guy, great pitch mix, fast, I mean, just everything is there. He's pro ready, but they're really really babying him like hardcore. And they've told us like he's not even going to be an option until July. But I think that July marker they are going to push him. The only thing I could hold it back is if the rotation is pitching well, Chris Sanchez is pitching well, he's just Lozardo is pitching well. We'll see with Ranger. But what I would say is around June I would speculate on Painter, not any further, just like the other prospects we talked about. Around June is when I would pick him up just in case they get pushed up and watch how the rotation is doing, because when he's up, he's going to be a guy that you're definitely going to want a.
Speaker 2: Roster, all right, real quick, Welsh, give me two more guys to watch here before we get out of prospecting with the Welsh, YEP.
Speaker 3: Two last players. Just to keep an eye on both Triple A players. If you're looking for infield help, chase me draft that we mentioned With the White Sox, they've got a bunch of dudes. Chase mea drot hitting three thirty three, three homers, he's got two stolen bases, seven walks to four strikeouts. They've got room on that infield with the White Sox and PPI, maybe could be something for him. And then finally, the fastest man in the minor leagues, Chandler Simpson hitting almost three. He's got eleven hits in the minor since it started in tria A five stolen bases. And this is a guy that just the other day beat out a ground out to first base. Yes, he grounded the ball out to first base and he beat out. He's the fastest dude in all of baseball. Him and Victor Scott are great friends. I talked to Victor about it. Chandler is the guy. He makes a lot of contact, not a poor bat, and he is a literally ground out to shortstop. I'm getting on and I'm going to steal a ton of bases. So I think the Razor Mangham and Meisner are kind of interesting. But they've got this like just weird collection of outfielders that you could see Channeler in the near future and he will be the stolen base guy to push if you are looking to chase that while you're prospecting with me the Welsh.
Speaker 2: There you go, and that, my friends, is prospecting with the Welsh. Join us every Monday live on leading Off on Twitch dot tv Slash Fantasy Pros. That's the place to be for Prospecting with the Welsh Live and of course you can always watch us video on demand on the YouTube channel. Don't forget to subscribe. We're a twenty five thousand subscriber and growing every single day. All Right, we're back to this woolet rock some questions in here too, because they've got a lot of stuff going on here today. We're having some fun. Here's one from be looking to make a pickup from the wave wire vn or Jordan Walker. I would be picking up Jordan Walker, your thoughts.
Speaker 3: Jordan Walker, my friends. I believe he is at the tippy top of bat speed right now. He's barreling. He's the dude and his Yoshi would say.
Speaker 2: Us, that's actually not bad. Solar Flare drop roblis for Veen.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I would have to. I l Roblist. Robliss had a bad I was told not to watch it. I don't like bad injuries. Everyone knows.
Speaker 2: I watched it.
Speaker 3: It was rough, you get blocked. I don't do injuries, but it's I don't think it was bad.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, it was definitely bad, but I wasn't like, oh God grows like that. It wasn't that kind of thing. But there you go. All right, let's get to some fun facts. Fun facts here I got. I can't talk with this mustache. It's crazy. Here we go. Mets staff is first in starting pitcher era relief pitcher era opponents ops five seventy three and home runs per nine point five. So the starting pitcher era is a collective is two four zero. The relief pitture era is one point twenty nine. So everybody made fun of all the Mets pitching staff. I don't think they're making fun right now. I'm telling you that whatever they've done here in this new Sterns regime, you gotta pay attention to when you see these guys starting to pop off. Also fun. The San Francisco Giants, not the Dodgers, are in first place right now in the West. I don't know how long that's going to last, Welsh, but I just wanted to give the Giants some love. Pitching's been solid, Helio Ramos has been terrific there. William Doomas hasn't hit yet, but I assume that he is going to. I think we got to give a little love to the Giants here on a Monday morning, where they sit at top of a division that's got the Padres who've been red hot, the Dodgers who've been red hot. But it's the Giants right now who have the best record in baseball. How about that?
Speaker 3: Yeah? And the NL West probably the most competitive division. I know the AL East is right there, but they know West with how the Padres have been and the Dodgers, so I think they're a super sneaky team. I will say they are striking out like crazy offensively. They could probably use some type of offensive bat in a trade, but their rotation is getting by.
Speaker 2: Right now, here's one from Derek picking up Junghu, Lee or Veen? Who do you want to pick up?
Speaker 3: I would go with Lee. I guess I'm I guess I'm not as optimistic people. I feel like people are wanting to drop like really solid outfielder fives. And there's not a lot we know about Dean, but Veen is fun to speculate on.
Speaker 2: Here's one drop cruise for Victor Scott.
Speaker 3: No, okay, oh, for Victor Scott. I thought it was Veen.
Speaker 2: H Victor Scott.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna still say. No, man, I'm gonna hope that that two hit game cruises kind of get get back going. It's been really gross. I'm gonna hope he's bouncing back.
Speaker 2: All right. Speaking of bouncing back, let's talk about the three ups. We've got. Jackson, Churio, Homer twice drove in five, I've runs. The Brewers beat the Reds eight to two. Boy, the Reds are all or nothing. They either score one run or like one hundred. This team has got no in between of them.
Speaker 3: Right now, you got Hunter Green versus Logan Web. I think it is a crazy matchup, so they're gonna need some runs.
Speaker 2: Seriously, I don't if they're gonna get any, but the good to see Cherio bouncing back after a slow start. Weekend in New York. Alex Bregman, he was very good. Four for five, two doubles, a homer. They played a double dip yesterday and guess who was good. Raph Field Devers four for four, a pair of doubles, four runs, score, three RBI, a home run in the first game of the double header. So a great day for him. Let me just cavea on it and saying that the Cardinals pitching is terrible. The Cardinal pitching staff is a complete dumpster fire. Okay, the rotation is bad. The bullpen might be worse, or probably is worse. It's bad. I'm glad Raffie Deverses. I'm glad he had a good day at the plate. I'm glad he's starting to pull himself out of it. Am I completely not concerned anymore about Devers, No, not yet, but I want to give credit where credit is due. Gonna, I'm gonna shout out Raffie Devers because he had a really good day yesterday especially and certainly the numbers starting to tick back up. Let's see how it plays out against somebody besides the Cardinals.
Speaker 3: I thought you were gonna give credit. Recredit was due to me for being the one that wasn't selling and backing and freaking out because I was the one that was like, I get credit by you. But that was My question is like, are you backing off your stance of getting him the hell out of Dodge and not buying on him?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Now yet, although now that the Vladdie Guerrero Junior signing has happened, it becomes infinitely more interesting the teams that might be kicking tires on third baseman. Just saying something to watch now. If you're trying to keep up with everything going on in fantasy baseball, make sure you're using my playbook. Manage your fantasy baseball lineups and dominate your leagues with my playbook from Fantasy Pros. It's a suite of the most powerful tools to help you make better decisions, manage your lineups, and win your leagues, because that's what it's all about. You'll get custom news for your teams, your players, rankings, and analysis, sink your leagues for free to set all your lineups for all your leagues, just on my Playbooks app at Fantasypros dot com, slash MLB my Playbook or download Fantasy Baseball my Playbook app today wherever you get your apps from. With the ups come the downs. Miles Nicholas not good. Michael's give up nine runs, eight earned, eleven hits and two and two Thursds innings. That's pretty pretty awful. Brian Wu also not a good day for him against the Giants who can't be stopped. Four runs, five hits and six things of work. And then Corbyn Burns was charged with four runs over five innings on Sundays. So Corbyn Burns to me last year, you know that little bit of a fade for him was noticeable. I don't know if it was pressure, I don't know if he just wasn't right health wise, but I feel like we are removed from the days of Corbyn Burns being you remember those stretch Corbyn Burns had a couple of years ago when he opened the season and he had like sixty strikeouts and two walks. Remember that Corbyn Burns, it was just filthy, dominant it's been a while since we've seen that guy. I'm not freaking out about Corbyn, but are you a little worried here of what the Diamondbacks purchase at the stage of his career.
Speaker 3: I mean it's kind of loaded. Like I'm worried about the early stuff with him. He made this pitch mix change. It looked I think it was last year where he went, let me open this up. I think it went more primary. I guess it was the I guess it was the cutter percentage was kind of all over the board, and it was he he had added the slider in and he kind of did the slider thing again this year while dumping down the change up. So the change up is the thing that's really gone by I guess the problem would be so far for this season is the cutter vlo is down by essentially almost like a mile and a half, So I mean that is down in general, it's a lot, yeah, which is it's significant enough. And then this slider is just not efficient right now. That is down about a mile per hour as well. It's not getting whiffs. But it's very very early on in the season. It's a little bit of a different environment. You know you were in a pitcher friendly environment in Baltimore. It's more hitter friendly in Arizona. Tough division and stuff like that. I'm not sure I would read much into it at this point, but I kind of know what you're saying, Like if you think the eliteness is behind, I don't. I think there's a lot of offensive run support out there. Defense hasn't really been Their dinebacks were like one of the best defensive teams last year. Their crap this year, so we have to see that kind of adjust. But you know, the other the last thing is like we saw Burns have kind of like a tale of two halves as well. He was great in the first half, he struggled in the second half, and you just cross your fingers. It doesn't carry over. If you give me two more starts, I am gonna start worrying. But maybe to what you're alluding to, that might be too late. So I can understand if someone is worrying. It's a five VRA expected is the same. The stuff is down a little bit. I'm not sure it's over, but I didn't need at least one more before I start even reacting to it.
Speaker 2: I was a fate of Burns coming into the year, and I went on record and saying that I thought Gown was a better return on investment of his ADP than Burns wasn't his. So it's gonna being to see you're you're right, though, I think, you know, let's give it one more to before we start really trying to get out of it. But it's going to be tricky. I love that Sabo goggles back of me up. I love Sabo Devers was still laying on all the swings and the Cardinals pitching is so bad. He at everything. Oppoh, that's right, he did, uh and they were terrible. Here's a question for McGrady. Are we expecting tight pants Robbie Ray to get his strikeout rate back before Tommy John Well, the strikeout rate was pretty good in the spring, So my answer is yes, Welsh, I do expect that to return. Your answer, yeah.
Speaker 3: I didn't know if the question was going to be like, do we expect his pants to get tighter? You know those you don't see those memes where it's like, you know, for every hundred likes will make someone's head bigger. It's like for every hundred likes, we'll get Robby Ray's pants even tighter.
Speaker 2: Everybody's talking about my type pain I would expect.
Speaker 3: So it's a thirteen percent k percentage that's not going to stick. I think he will get right here. It's again, it's very early to kind of focus on that type of stuff. Red's today that Yeah, you know, if you were if you were pit, the Reds would be like a good, a good get back type game.
Speaker 2: Get ten today, Wally World totally a soda strum, Natelo or Manzarto rest of season. If you can only have one, who do you want? Dude?
Speaker 3: This is tough. I talked if you guys listen on Friday, I talked up Nate Low and then he I think he hit a homer on that Friday or Saturday. I still go Manzarto totally. It looks the worst right now. That one I can't get out from under Sodastrom looks so good and Low I think I think it's just totally as like down. So he's the one becausin.
Speaker 2: Donnie has his type pants on as I as I expect, as I expect at all times. And you know, look, maybe you don't feel great anymore, you know, you're getting older, maybe those type pants don't fit anymore, you're a little tired, Maybe recovery takes a little longer. Maybe your performance to the gym or you know, and sports just isn't what it used to be. These could all be signs, Luigi, of low testostero and a condition affecting about thirty percent of adult men in America. And you know what. Kaisa Trex is an FDA approved testospher replacement therapy designed for men just like you. It's not an injection, no no, it's not a gel, of course not. It is a daily twice pill that fits seamlessly into your active lifestyle. And we here live a very active lifestyle. As you can see. We're hopping into warp tubes, We're running around chasing coins. It's crazy, the kind of lifestyle of the Welsh and I live. And hopefully Kisa tres can help restore your testosterone to its optimal levers levels. And you know you can't let low t hold you back, so physic kisatrex dot com to learn more and find a provider near you who can help you. Get started today at kaisatres dot com. That's ky Z A t r e x dot com by prescription only. Kisa Trecks is a controlled substance and it can be a target of abuse, so don't abuse the Kaisa tres. How dare you just be responsible? Kaisa Trex is not for use if you're a pregnant woman for obvious reasons, so don't do that. If you're a man with prostat or breast cancer, you should also not use it. Safety and efficacy in those younger than eighteen is unknown, so you got to be over eighteen in order to vote and to use the Kaisa trecks. Okay, tell your doctor about all the medical conditions and medications you're on. Serious side effects could include increased blood pressure, worsening prostate symptoms, increase risk of prostadaate cancer, blood clots in their legs, lungs, decrease ferm count, liver problems in large or painful breasts, and breathing problems while you sleep. Common side effects, though, include swelling of the ankles, feed er body increase, roud blood cell count, increase in prostate specific antigen or PSA levels. PSA is a test used to detect prostate cancer. By the way, and report these symptoms to your doctor. Immediately call your doctor to learn more about Kaisa trex today. For questions and more information, visit kisatrex dot com or call one eight three three nine four nine five zero four zero to learn more today. That's Kaisa trex all right.
Speaker 3: I want to do I wish we could place that for the very first level of the first Mario. See if the read finishes first, or you could beat the level of Mario first.
Speaker 2: Hey, look, if your princess is another Castle, it's probably because you weren't using Kisa tracks.
Speaker 3: If you're a little Mario and you want to become the big Mario, you need the kis of track.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's what I'm talking about. I'm just saying, you know, my god, that was terrifying. This is why you watch the YouTube channel. Kids. Subscribe today. We're giving away free stuff. More on that. Let's do the injuries real quick, Blake snell Oh, this is crushing. This is so sad. Fifteen dail left shoulder inflammation. He won his first start, but he wasn't great. The next start wasn't good. Through a bullpen session Sunday morning. No timetable yet, Welsh, what your panic meter here? On?
Speaker 3: Snell I mean, like we talked about Simeon and these guys, it's not the panic levels pretty low. They're babying him. They've got twelve pictures. Yeah, I'm like, okay, cautiously optimistic. The first half last year was the biggest disaster on the planet for him. He ended up being like the number you know, the number one pitcher in the second half. So might be a buying opportunity. Let's monitor the injury. But you know, the Dodgers, their pictures get hurt, they have to baby him back. I'm not like, this suck, but you had to expect this. There are pictures that you have to build in the miss time. I think Snell was one of those, just like it would be jabram.
Speaker 2: Uh Lucerios here your Diaz was dropped in my league and Ivan horareers on the IL. Should I claim it? Yes, pick up DZ right now, one hundred percent. I mean, I'd rather have Dz rest of season anyway. So that's crazy. I'm a little concerned about the shoulder issue. While she's right, it's April, but this really is thrown a damper. And what I just say on Friday, what can stop the Dodgers injuries? In playoff format. Yeah, here we go. I mean, could you imagine if Glass now just wasn't right somewhere else? Like I thought, he was just uncomfortable. He seemed like a hard time grip in the ball, in the weather. He seemed like he hated the mound in Philadelphia. He was constantly picking at them the whole thing.
Speaker 3: The first half. It's like that. I mean, this was hage me here. But this is like the jerk, if you remember the jerk. He hates these cans. He hates the first half more than anything.
Speaker 2: Well, he's not used to it, you know, usually Todd of Glass. Now, he's not used to pitching in bad weather because typically he doesn't start the year un till like June, and he never really finishes the season, so he's never pitching in October or September very much. So, I mean, this is kind of weird. He's like, what is this? What is this? Fifty five degrees you speak of? Tyler glassnow? No leike Mariners infielder Victor Roblest ran into a wall. He's on the il terrific play. But oh man, it's April kid. Slow down. We talked earlier and mentioned this about Ivan Raira the knee going to the eel. It was just inflammation though no structural damage. That's the good news, but unfortunately he's gonna miss some time. Royce Lewis, with the hamstring, has been hitting and doing some light running. Welsh, have you done any light running this week?
Speaker 3: I was out hiking yesterday in a little light running out.
Speaker 2: That's the hiking. Is that like running running in.
Speaker 3: There's a bit of light running. I'm actually right, as much as I don't look at I am a runner.
Speaker 2: So do you hold the B button down and run really really fast like I do? That's what Mario does. Yeah, yeah, that's how I run. And also despite pinch hitting on Saturday, Matt McClain still out yesterday, so keep an eye. He's day to day with hamstring tightness. That's never good. But you know what is good Welsh? The best bets of the day with a Joe and the well and we're gonna do the best of bets. See, I'll put the mustasher back on. The forty is a bit because he's a fun you can try. So. I gave you the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: They won a.
Speaker 1: Game against the I'm sorry the Phillies they beat at the Dodgers last week. I got your money on that, so that's a nice Today I got a skinny parlay and I got a.
Speaker 2: Logan Gilbert for you. So Logan Gilbert over six and a half strikeouts minus one oh six. Then I want to take Francisco Lindor to score a run. It's minus one fifty, but I'm gonna pair it with one Soto to get an RBI today at plus one sixty five. You put those two things together, you get two forty nine. So there you go, plus two forty nine for Lindor to score and want so to drive in anybody, including himself. I like that today against the Miami Marlins, and Blazzo is pitching today, so give me a crack at that. Welsh, take us through your best bets of the day, because they see you are also on mister Logan Gilbert as well.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm not gonna do a voice. I can't do the impression. I can only do weird ones. I will say this. Sabel said, I run with Sandals.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 3: I'm a Sandals guy. Funny enough, we had a little bet behind the scenes. I don't know if we're going to count this, but we said with our boy CALLI over under for this week on Typo's was point five and Joe and I smashed.
Speaker 2: The over smash the over.
Speaker 3: Hunter Green's name is spelled wrong, but I don't know. I don't know if we want to hit him with it because it is still Green. I did type it correctly.
Speaker 2: But no, all right, it's wrong. Sorry, Callie. It took you one show, Cally, one show, Kelly.
Speaker 3: I'm doing as you. I got a little parley in here as well. I got Logan Gilbert Hunter Green at six plus strikeouts. I believe they're both around six point five. Hunter Green, I got to tell you it might even be a play to play the alt and go to eight. He struck out eight though in his last two. But the Giants are like bottom three in the league, and strikeouts per game is in. They are striking out, so I like that. Houston is also in the top ten of strikeouts as far as hitters go. So both of these guys, it's a good bet you're getting even money. You want to play it to seven, you could totally do that. I'm just playing it down a little bit. Six comboed Michael King. Seven strikeouts you're getting plus one point fifteen. I really like that one. I know that A's have been a little bit more patient, but they have given up some seven strikeout games. Two pitchers Michael King is coming off a huge one. Chase Dolanders struck out six yesterday while getting hit a little bit. I like Michael King at seven strikeouts. And Saint Louis Pittsburgh over eight total runs. I believe the Cardinals are averaging like six runs per game right now there. Their offense is kind of going. They got two we got two not great pitchers going in Libertore and Mazinski or however you say it. So I'm gonna go over the eight total runs on Saint Louis and Pittsburgh. I believe they're both averaging around nine. You have a push potential on it. So those are my three best bets of the day.
Speaker 2: Make sure if you're going to place your bets, you go ahead over to fantasypros dot Com slash. Leading off, new customers play their first bet of five bucks. You win, you get two hundred dollars on bonus bets over on a fan duel. Again, that's Fantasypros dot Com Slash you're leading off today and you can go check out Betting Pros today as well. Download the Betting Pros app use the Betting Pros tools so you could be more successful in placing all of your bets. All right, home run board time. Obviously good weekend for the well she had. Matt Olson. I got one from Brent Rooker. I'm not on the board because I've only got two.
Speaker 3: Haang it.
Speaker 2: But Razor up at the top at eight. Welsh not on the board, so congrats. The Razor's still holding strong through the weekend. I'll meet this simple. I'm going with Juan Soto my one to one in my heart plus four hundred today. If you want to bet him to hit that homer. I'm taking one Soto today. Welsh, who are you taking?
Speaker 3: I'm taking a new mustache here. I'm gonna go with mister Fernando Tatis Junior versus Louis Severino. Severino gave up a couple homers. I believe it was in the last start or it was the first one though, but I think Tatis is gonna get one. We're going big fly on Fernando.
Speaker 2: There you go, big fly on Fornando. Look, we went a little long today. I know we were talking about the U zero for five what we're gonna call it. I think we'll bring that back tomorrow. So if you want to vote in that poll, live to be a part of. Is it the Sinko Stinko? Is it the uh? What was it? The Spicy Margarita? The Kaisa Treks right, that was also there.
Speaker 3: Sinko, Stinko and Spice and Margarita are my favorites.
Speaker 2: Yes, we will throw the Kaisa Trecks in there too. But there was another one too that was pretty amusing. We'll have to find that last one. But oh the Millort that was the last one. Thank you, Jasy pros See, Michael Kellig might not be able to spell, but he has a good memory. So there you go. So those are positive things there. Also, real quick before we go today, let's shout out some of our new subscribers here on the twitch channel, and remember subscribe on the YouTube channel. We've got lots of short videos you could see. We're helping you with the cycle getting the two star pitchers over the weekend. They give you some more names to pick up. We do the Waiver Wire video too. There's two waiver videos out there different perspectives for you to buy and sell videos. We got so much content to help you crush all of your competition. Welsh shout out some of our new friends.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we had in the last like five minutes. We all wear forty two McGrady TFT both subscribed with Prime. A couple of people were asking about it. It's pretty easy search. You can just link your Prime account to Twitch. You get an automatic sub gets rid of those ads and you can get on the home run board. We also had Derek at the top, Derek Master and a bunch of follows. You guys are absolutely killing it. We are on the road to one hundred subs. We are, I'm hoping we are going to get this in April, so keep rocking with that. We'll celebrate with you guys, and we are closing in on six hundred and fifty follows. So thanks for for everybody's support here and of course everybody on the YouTube. Drop your comments in the YouTube section. We're checking those out. We're answering to make it a part of the show. We love you all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean more milestones. We could do something stupid for one hundred subs. We could thirty thousand. Now is the new goal on the YouTube channel. Who knows we've done mullets. Now we've done Mario and Louis, So drop your comments below. What is the next milestone you'd like to see us get to and embarrass ourselves. That's what it's all about here, and we're all for you here, the peanuts and the Crackerjacks. That'll do it for us, But the story of the game goes on for Luigi.
Speaker 1: I'm a Mario that'll do it for us. So bye bye, I see you next the time.
Speaker 4: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify, follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB