Speaker 1: The John Anick and Kenny Florian Podcast John Annik and Kenny Florian.
Speaker 2: I fucking love him.
Speaker 3: I can't get enough of him.
Speaker 2: There are a couple of absolutely self involve.
Speaker 1: You're your hosts, John Annick and Kenny Florian.
Speaker 4: Well, not the place for Star Wars talk, but may the fourth be with you. I've never even seen Star Wars. You want to wore the sports fan and me as a kid just put Star Wars on. People would say to me, what is it like Aniki wan or Anakin whatever over the years, and I'd be like, I have no idea.
Speaker 3: What you're talking about that I'm surprised.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Would imagine there will be some YouTube comments filtering in with buckets of respect being lost for me right off the top of the kind is what it is, you know, don't tell people you don't like Seinfeld. It's not that I didn't like Seinfeld. It's that my roommates in college would have it on twenty five eight, So I kind of ran out of steam on the Seinfeld front. Anyway. Great to be back with you, folks, it is indeed. May fourth, twenty twenty six, Episode five ninety four, The Anti Comploring Podcast powered by all the smoke fight. Thank you for watching on the Anti Comploring podcast YouTube channel. You can subscribe at any time. Ken Flow, you have been on a little bit of a whirlwind. You were in Las Vegas, I believe for the Bitcoin conference, some robot fighting courtesy of BattleBots as well. It seemed like a busy weekend for you. Are you you're back in North Carolina? Red eye last night or no?
Speaker 3: Yes, red eye? Red Eye? I got in. It was delayed as well, so we got off a little late start. God here around six am. I probably have about four hours of sleep something like that. So please forgive me if I'm a little little brain dead. But right here we are. I was away from home for like ten days, dude, I didn't know what to guys. So, oh you were out there that long? Yeah, I was there for a while. Have a reunion with the kids this morning or you're sleeping with that? I did? Yeah this morning? Yeah, yeah, yeah, that was probably good.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: My daughter was there to greet me. Everyone else was sleeping. She's like got out of bed. Yeah on half a month at least.
Speaker 4: You guys out of bed, Well, welcome home, and uh, we know you got a lot of busy things coming up which we will get to uh next week. But it is Monday, May fourth. It is UFC three twenty eight fight week.
Speaker 3: RJ.
Speaker 4: Clifford was in Perth covering UFC fight Night and he did not make it back to the States in time for the show.
Speaker 3: His flight was canceled. R drunk is what happened? I think, Yes, he's still drunk somewhere.
Speaker 4: Yeah, his blood alcohol level is very high right now in Sydney to South South Wales, Australia.
Speaker 3: As such, he couldn't join us for the program.
Speaker 4: But Jason Anna coming up here in about ten minutes, Ray Longo coming up in about a half an hour, and the Great Yanni the Greek has five UFC three twenty eight main card selections as well as your bets after a big week for a UFC fight night, Della Maddelena versus protests. So to that end, let's get to heads headlines.
Speaker 1: It's time for headlines. I have some Barry urgent and important breaking new headlines and Kenny Sans contest.
Speaker 4: You know, the guy I don't like is the I told you so guy, And we try not to be the I Told you so show. But We only call it like our eyes see it. You put your entire thousand dollars on Carlos protests to beat Jack Dela Mattelane. He could have been on any fight on the cards, so we acknowledge your wager there, right. But what we have been saying, or I've been saying on this podcast for a long time or at least dating to before the Jeff Neil result, is best of luck to the elite welterweights surviving twenty five minutes minutes under all the martial arts and weaponry that Carlos Protest bit brings to the table, and Islamikasha may be the guy, but Jack Dela Madelena was not the guy. And once again Carlos Protest is able to knock out an elite welterweight contender, this time a former undisputed UFC welterweight champion and in all likelihood when the rankings come out later today, Carlos protests the Nightmare going to be number two or number one in the world and likely going to fight for the title and the not too distant future, all hail the Nightmare.
Speaker 3: Carlos protests, what a performance John Imy talk about getting it done in enemy territory against another highly skilled striker in Jack Dela Madelena. That is not an easy task, and to make it look easy to me shows a level of mastery, right that. The masters are the guys that do all the little things so well that they make it look natural. They make it look easy. And Carlos Protests made it look easy, and the variety of strikes, the pressure even when he was going backwards. He is a freaking problem. Again. Good luck dealing with that guy because there's no ability to predict those patterns. He's throwing so much at you, with so much ferocity and mal intent. It's just what I don't I don't have anything else to say. Like I knew it was gonna be a tough fight for Jack, but to do it like that, John.
Speaker 4: Bro come on all violence all the time, the way he attacks your legs, the body, the bounce in his step. I thought Jack Della got off to a pretty good start, at least in terms of octagon control.
Speaker 3: Backing Protests up a little bit. Yes, he needed to do that exactly, and he needed to back him up. I think that was his best bet. You don't let a six foot three beast with all of those weapons. Back you up, and I Jack at least attempted to be the aggressor, which I thought was his best bet. He got off to a good start, like you said, he was landing some good shots. But Carlos, he's he's so comfortable on the feet now, John, he's just gotten better. And again, first of all, this isn't about Ian Gary. But first I think a lot of people got their eyes open to how good Ian Gary is. To diffuse that level of pressure, you need an unbelievable jab. You need to be tall yourself like Ian Gary, but more than anything else, you need phenomenal footwork. So I think Ian Garry's coming out of this looking very good. But yeah, I mean, there's just it's so difficult to deal with someone like Carlos Protestman.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't be surprised if he would be a betting favorite in a rematch with Ian mashade o' Gary. Right, there were some circumstances surrounding that first fight between those two. He was Yes, he's improved, right, that's really lead. But he was training for Jeff Neil, I believe, and the fight got moved. If I'm not mistaken and then he fight fight fights in Kansas City over five rounds. But you know, when you start to think about how some of these other elite Weltsway contenders would fare against the uber tough Jack Della Mattelena, I still think the answer is not. Well, Like, I still think Jack is going to be a problem for a lot of these guys. And look what Carlos Protest was able to do on the weekend. And every time I see this guy fight, I remember the Jeff Neil fight and just thinking, man like, how do you survive? I mean, these are credentialed opponents and the brutalization you know, has Joe Rogan texted me in DC like dude, like this dude is a significant problem for everybody south of Makasha at the very least.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, I mean he's he's got a monopoly on violence in the UFC, I think in the welt Away Division, and he he came out looking so good, man Like. That's how you maximize that opportunity, right, I mean, the welts Way Division is as stacked as it's been and obviously a ton of talent there. But if there's one guy who's able to skip the line at this point. It's Carlos Protest. He stayed busy. He's showing a variety of tools. He is proving that he is out there to both entertain and destroy, and that is not a difficult thing. A lot of guys who want to do that, but they don't have that level of consistency like Carlos Proctest, and to do that against elite competition, a former champion, Carlos is the real deal man. I don't think I was on that train. Maybe I gone on the Carlos Proctest train about three fights ago or something like that, a little bit late. Like a lot of people were all over it. It took me a little while to come around. But what a problem.
Speaker 4: Well, you've been on the Shadow Gary train of the Iliatoputia train. I mean, how many fucking you can only get so many tickets. I was a little bit surprised that they led the walkout talking cigarettes, which I think is so tired at this point in time. Not only is nicotine a perpetually misunderstood drug, but we need the narrative on Carlos Protest to be the martial artist, his entire life's body of work, the fights in Thailand, the jiu jitsu competition, right, this guy's got hundreds upon hundreds of fights in all of these different disciplines. You talk about his relative comfortability on the feet, I mean he he isn't drinking wine the night before celebrating the win like Topoitia, but he acts as if the outcome is an eventuality and he knows that he's going to eventually find a shot and get you out of it.
Speaker 3: Bravo, my friend. Yeah, I think that when you get a guy who has been around the game for so long, being a professional Muay Thai fighter, you know, living in Thailand, traveling around the world, making no money, and now having this opportunity with you know, the ability to make a lot of money now for each and every fight, and to have the level of fame that he has it, you know, And he said it. He's like, how can I not go out there and just have a great time now? He's like, before I had to fight and I was making no money. Now I just go out to entertain and enjoy myself. And it shows. It shows, And look at the difference between the fight against Ian Gary to where he's at now. He is absolutely a martial artist. A martial artist is dedicated to improving their skills, being honest with themselves and going what do I need to do to get that belt, or to beat that next guy in front of me, or to be ready for those other skills that maybe I haven't seen yet. Carlos protest is significantly better for the last time. What did he work on his footwork? Something that a lot of people, even good strikers, don't like doing, those little things that are monotonous that you got to do over He is so impressive, man.
Speaker 4: He is a top ten superstar in the UFC. I don't know when he sort of got to that threshold. The fan interest is absolutely off the charts, and I just remember after the Jeff Neil fite thinking, you know, this is exactly the type of guy that the UFC would pay and build a round and really a guy who could be champion. And now he has left Leon Edwards and Jack Dela mat Atlanta, two former un disputed weltroeight champions, firmly in his wake. And you know, Islami Kashev, I would think would be the elixir to protest his style write the ability to potentially take him down and keep him down. You talk about the ever evolving protests and the improvements that he has made with the anti grappling and the wrestling, but the Mikashev matchup is absolutely fascinating, even if it's not next.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one hundred percent. And what's interesting though, is that it may have to force Islam Mahashev to be more of an upper body clinched guy. Now, Mahashev is phenomenal at that, thankfully for him, but I'm not sure a whole lot of guys, after looking at that performance against Jack Dela mout Atalanta, with all those nasty knees that were coming up the middle, are going I think it's a good idea to shoot a double leg from the outside against Carlos protests like that might be a suicide mission to go in there and try to, you know, tackle those legs, those knees. That is one of the most effective uses of knees that I have seen, maybe maybe the most effective usage of knees that I've seen since Anderson Silva and and a variety of knees, not just from the klan truth from the tie plumb He's throwing long knees from the outside muy tie style, and typically you don't see a whole lot of guys have that level of success. He was crushing Jack to the body. He was crushing Jack upstairs to the head like and being six foot three.
Speaker 4: My goodness, right listed six to one on Wikipedia. I just checked. But yeah, six three. I don't know what the he's six, Yeah, I don't, But yeah, he's not talk about the you know, the the tie fights and not the Marlborough mediums.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: But Jeff Neil, Leon Edwards, Jack Dela Matalana now all by knockout or TKO and if Nasordini Mavov can get passed over for Sean Strickland because you had to make Chimaya versus Strickland, don't think for a second that you couldn't while the iron is hot and go Makasha versus Protest. Now Carlos has put over Ian Mashado, Gary as has the Anakin Florian podcast. I'm not trying to sort of start a narrative. I'm merely saying with the Middleway Championship fight, we have beckoning this weekend in the Brick City, Stranger things have happened. And if you don't think that they would like to expedite Protests into a championship fight based upon what we have seen recently, you're crazy.
Speaker 3: So I agree. I think he could be in that slot. And you know, we've seen a lot of fighters over the years in big fights, you know, not get that opportunity because they got injured or something breaks down as far as contracts or whatever. I do think Ian Gary deserves that. I think that's what you're saying as well. Yeah, I Ian Gary poses his own problems because of that phenomenal fork and that long jab and those long weapons similar to Carlos Protests. But I think Carlos Protest is the more potent striker. I think everyone would agree with that. His shots are designed to kill. You know, Ian Gary's shots are kind of more designed to cut and frustrate. Yeah, I'm still a problem in his own right, but those are all great problems for the UFC to have.
Speaker 2: Right now.
Speaker 4: Three number one contenders, Michael Moralesy and the Shadow Morale process. All indications are Ian Theshadow Gary is going to be next. But you fight, you win like that you at least potentially reopen the conversation. All right, Deannakmploying podcast proudly brought to you by thrown Sport Coffee. For your busy morning's workout, your everyday routine and everything in between. You need coffee that works as hard as you do. Thrown Sport Coffee back by the legendary quarterback Patrick Mahomes, whose golf tournament, by the way, is coming up next week. So I'm wearing this wrisk brace to make sure that i can be ready to go. But this is functional, better for you coffee made for active on the go lifestyles. Each can has one hundred and fifty milligrams of natural caffeine, natural sweeteners, and one hundred percent of your daily p vitamins. The lattes pack ten grams of protein, cole Bruce, low sugar and dairy free.
Speaker 3: This is the Sport.
Speaker 4: Coffee Dairy flee dairy free Black Edition. Thrown Sport Coffee NSF certified for Sport Big credibility there in terms of mindfulness.
Speaker 3: For ingredients.
Speaker 4: You can find thrown Sport Coffee in retailer's nationwide, including Casey's, Quick Trip and Whole Foods. Are online on Amazon, Walmart, and their website. Directly sportc Coffee dot com thrown Sport Coffee, Get.
Speaker 3: Going, Keep going, Cody.
Speaker 4: I don't know why you populate Jay in the middle of the commercial spot, but I'm very happy to have my identical twin brother Jason Andik at Boston andic with us here. Jay, it's nice. Oh, it's great. Somebody hey, so identical except for that wrisk brace. So how to tell us you're almost fifty without telling us you're a fifty?
Speaker 3: Right? What the fuck is that?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: So everybody's asking me in the pre show meeting, what do you do to your risk? And the answer is, I'm almost forty eight. I don't know. I just woke up in my hand and wrist. We're swollen on Sunday. Can't put any pressure on it whatsoever. And we got to Mahomes golf tournament in like eleven days. So have you talked about the party party, Josh? Sorry, flow titterrupt yet? Have you talked about the party at your house from last Saturday night at all?
Speaker 2: Yet? Jo? So?
Speaker 3: No, thank you, Jay.
Speaker 4: So we did, probably against our better judgment, have a party for my daughter Riley, who was a freshman in high school. And I did get a text from Kenny Florian. I'm trying to find it here. Not that I'm that popular, but I got a small world though, Kenny Florian says. My buddy text me. This was ten thirty two pm Saturday. My buddy text me, I just picked up my daughter from a party at john Annex house. I guess he said, prominent lawyer. Uh for Spotify or so but so yeah. So we had the party. We had a list of fifty kids and three hundred kids basically showed up by eight forty five pm. It was absolutely insane. The lowest moment was mewing a bunch of glass off the main road because some of the kids, presumably from a different school Brunswick, broke a bunch of glass in the middle of the street. So I'm sweeping that up, you know. Simultaneously kids are like, can I get a photo? I'm like, oh, this will be fucking memorable, as up holding the room. What it was crazy, I'm asking And the cops were there within fifteen minute. Shout out to the Granwich Police Department. They were absolutely outstanding. Well, a lot of crime in that area, necessarily, but it is interesting and we have the greatest security team in the world, the UFC security team, but playing security for a night. And I guess I'll just share one quick anecdote since Jay brought it up. So my wife at one point is navigating the list and she says, wait, what's your name? And I guess by accident, she put like the flashlight in some kid's face and he's like, oh that light. She's like, all right, get out of here, and I'm like, well, I didn't see that.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: It's like, oh, the light's bothering you.
Speaker 4: Get the fuck up the property. After a while, it's like, you all got cell phones, you can call an uber. That part of it actually became sort of fun.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: I got the lacest tied, wondering if like five or six of these kids might jump me at any point.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't want to say too much, but we knew, not on like buying a family dog, that this was something that we were gonna have to do once. Right, she asked at Halloween, and we delayed until now it's never fucking happening again. Her younger siblings to never get a house party. My basement smells like Theta Chi fraternity. The smell may never go away and uh, it was complete and utter pandemonium and madness. When the cops first came, I'm run into the backyard trying to get everybody inside to control you know, the noise. I slip and fall. Maybe that's how I hurt my wrist. I'm just thinking of that now. My son Hunter is in a full suit with something that says security. He has a piece of paper in his jacket that says like you're kicked out. You know, it was so good it was, and here we are. So if I might touch on Carlos protests, right, you know, it's like when the tail of the tape actually does matter, right, regardless of what the numbers are. It's like the reach right, It's like they look like two different dudes in there. And you've said all there is to be said about protests. The only thing I would say is Ian Gary has punched that ticket in a way maybe that I think, No, Sardinia Mavov hasn't. In terms of that conversation.
Speaker 3: If you've given me.
Speaker 4: Where my opinion, regardless of whether or not Carlos protest at this stage is better. And I love Ken Flow talking about the improvement the evolution of these fighters, because you do see a lot of guys get better and better and better. But Jack Dela Madalena, right, doesn't seem to be operating in that confident place he was when he beat Alamuhammad for the championship, right. And if you don't think that fight against Islam Mahashev took a little bit of that confidence, I just didn't see it from Jack. I'm not necessarily saying that there were many paths to victory, but I didn't see a confident Jack Dela Matdelena. And when you guys talk about the I hate the phrase sort of pressure as a privilege, but you truly believe protest when he talks about what he came from and where he's at now, kind of playing with house money, and yeah, gosh, I just it really, you.
Speaker 3: Know, you don't think some middleweights we'd have some problems with that guy. Yeah, No, for sure, he's fighting in the octagon like that's his backyard, like that's his home. Yeah. So like, yeah, there's there's the aspect of having the skills to perform at the elite level. There's you know, having the natural athletic ability size what he's got that and now he's comfortable in there, and he's got experience, and he's got momentum, like, good luck beating that guy.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, and I said on a show earlier to take you know, I remember a point where Balam Mohammed Wi Octagon side and Carlos Protest came over and started running his mouth a couple of years ago, and at that point I was like, all right, billaw you take care of this guy. And without no disrespect to Ballah, but it's a whole different conversation nowadays. And you know, John, you talk about the two year setback. I understand JDM twenty nine years old, but quite a gauntlet, you know. I certainly think that he can continue to improve, but as Floria and You've talked about improvements, not him over the years, and I love it, and it truly is in the elite, in the elite of the elite, you gotta keep getting better or you will be left if Baha difficult to Gabriel bon Fieme on June sixth, I think you run it back with three named Jack and Balal and you rematch one of the best fights of that year, and it just goes to show you, though, man right, like Now you have these two former champions right in Blah Mohammed and Jack Dela Madelena, who have both lost two fights in a row. We have at least three number one contenders in the UFC's welterweight division, and how many guys like Carlos Protest doesn't give a monokam of a fuck. He will knock out Jeff Neil, knockout Leon Edwards, and then he will fly all the way to the end of the earth in Perth to face Jack Dela Madelena in the farthest place on the spinning earth that he can go bring forty people and say, well, you know, in sort of a dead pinned Brazilian type of way like Kenny, you could say it for us, right, like, how am I suppose I can't lose?
Speaker 3: I flew forty people this far. It's just and he means it, he man, and Jason, I think you're spot on with his approach and how he feels like he is playing with house money now and he's he's a special dude, man, And I just like everything about what he's saying, what he's doing, and the UFC has a star in that guy. There's no question about that I mean that Kenny have been the case, but this is even that much better.
Speaker 4: Kenny had a great tweet about Islam Mahashev, you know, sort of being to your point, the elixir perhaps for Carlos protest right. And perhaps that fight isn't conducted on the feet, if you will, if Islam gets that opportunity or that fight happens, but certainly Protess is going to continue to be able to work, and perhaps that big frame potentially can get up off the canvas in a way that Jack Dela Madelena couldn't.
Speaker 3: But earlier this.
Speaker 4: Year, right as the UFC dare we say, was you know, maybe having some rough weeks or whatever, But yeah, the worldwide leader continues all of a sudden, as we sit here in May to just have all sorts of matchups and be all sorts of stars to sort of pluck from.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 2: Flow.
Speaker 3: The other thing I was going to say in regards to that, you know, when they eventually they do fight, because I do think they will fight eventually. I think with all the weapons that he throws, if Islam's able to get to the clancher, get to his legs, yeah he's gonna do what he does. But all of those variety of weapons, it's like stepping on a mind. It's like walking in a mind with everything that he's throwing down. I mean, it's not going to be easy. And if there's one guy who can catch Islam on the way in, you know, I know we have this conversation before John who would be the guy that would finish it? Who's the guy that I would put money on right now? Carlos Protess?
Speaker 4: It's just crazy, right, Yes, if you ask that question and revisit that question, if you had to send one welterweight in there right now to you know, save a hamster's life, or you send in Michael Morales, you send in Carlos Protest? Who you send it in there? But sometimes I like to be a fan and just sort of be like, dude, best of LUCKX survivement twenty five minutes with all of that strapping come in your way and yeah, yeah, well no, And when Kenny talks about Protest being the best version of himself, we all know how married to the game, Ian Gary is better and better every time out and going all around the globe to sort of find different opportunities to train or whatever. I don't want to transition too much, but I have to shout out Steve Ver sig right, you know, because I was really impressed with that performance and a guy who perhaps got a title shot maybe a little bit too early, perhaps, you know, Elliott maybe wins that first round and then Steve Ver six proves there's levels to this shit, you know, And I like how he put himself back on the map, maybe even after losing that first round, some nice combinations. I like what I saw out of him. Just want to shout out. It is interesting because as competitive as he was against all Chanre Pantosa and the fight was there for the taking. I actually, after calling it, thought that he had won the fight. But that, Kenny doesn't necessarily mean you're ready, even if you fight the champion tooth and nail. There's a lot of different factors, factors on the Pantosia side. And now you see the physical maturation, the added muscle mass. He just looks like a championship level fighter to me.
Speaker 3: One hundred percent. And you know, we were talking a little bit earlier about potential declines of fighters coming off of title fights or being a champion sometimes getting to the top of that mountain, and we see a lot of guys slide down that mountain quite quickly and never never being able to recover. And for Ersag, I thought that was also a very tough matchup going against Elliott. You know, Tim Elliott is so awkward and unorthodox, you know, and he can give so many guys problems. I didn't love that matchup for er if I'm being honest, especially given maybe a little bit of his struggles that he's had and to come back like that, Jay, Yeah, I was thoroughly impressed, making the right adjustments, fighting like a veteran, fighting like he feels like he belongs there in his elite.
Speaker 4: So that that was a huge win. Yeah, tough guy against whom to look good. I did think he won all three rounds, but the judges had a twenty nine to twenty eight for Uh. For Steve Vers, What do you guys think of Quillan Salkill Banil Daryus Lands An early shot acknowledged by sal Kill dropped him a little bit, maybe it was a jab, But this Quillan sal Kiale man, he's got an entire nation behind him and he's maximizing these showcases Kenny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is another kid who's a problem, who's getting the right fights at the right time. I think that is huge too, because it's not like he's been in the UFC a long time. But whoever is managing him coaching him, they're they're they're making the right choices as to who they're fighting and who they're fighting at certain times. And he looks great, and he's showing that he's diverse as a fighter as well, Like he's so good at keeping the fight where he wants it and going against a guy like Banil daryush who's a high level Brazilian judsu black belt, and we've seen sel killed take the fight to the ground, but he knew he's like, you know what, I'm not gonna be on my back against this guy. He had the wrestling show that he had to defensive resting to keep it on the feet. Was able to recover after getting kind of dropped there by that sneaky little hook from daryushan and came back even with all the pressure like Daryusha was legitimately tried to knock him out. Yeah, and he gets a little reckless, but sal Kild kept it together. Showed his composure, showed that he has superior skills on the feet as well. And man, that was a fun fight while it lasted. But salth Kilt's the real deal. Man. He's a guy that people are gonna have to watch for big for the division.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, Kenny, I want to ask you a question. You know, Jack Dela Madelena making that walk in his hometown in Perth, Western Australia. You know, I know, I get just sort of curious about that. I mean, I know there is some pressure there in your backyard going against a dude like Carlow's fucking protest.
Speaker 3: No, absolutely, I mean again, I felt almost too comfortable fighting in Boston, Like I think one of my biggest mistakes was like staying at home. I didn't feel like I was in a fight week almost.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: It was just really weird. And you have to put yourself in that in that place, and even as I'm you know, kind of doing competitive shooting and things like that, like you almost need to feel that pressure a little bit. However, you need to be able to control it. Pressure is a fire and it will either consume you or it will fuel you. And I think for you know, Jack, it's tough. I think he came out in a pretty good headspace. I think, yeah, everything, Yeah, but John, I mean, you go to different cities all over the all over the world, and I guarantee you there's someone asking you for tickets or bothering you about this, or bothering you for that. And for fighters you know doing that, there's a lot you gotta deal with in your hometown as well. I'm not saying it comes down to people bothering you for tickets, but there's a lot that comes with that. And and people are constantly mentioning you know you fighting in your hometown and this that can get to you. And and for Jack, I think when you're face see a guy like Carlo's protest, who's as dangerous as he is, and now you're getting this striker and you're supposed to perform well where you're not afraid of being taken down, that can be a lot to deal with.
Speaker 2: Jay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it was more of the opponents than Perth. I mean, he fights too Brown and beat him in Perth. But yes, he did sort of oh, for lack of a better verb, Perth this main event he was rumored to be headlined against Shofcott rock Monov in a fight that didn't happen. But Jack, he didn't fight Leon, and sorry, Jay, I know you got somewhere to go.
Speaker 3: But he did good.
Speaker 4: He didn't fight Leon and he didn't fight Chofcot and the Muhammed matchup I thought was really good for him. And now we'll see the extent to which Jack can rebuild. He's certainly young enough to do it. No, I mean, I can't hold a candle to r J Clifford filling in for him today today rated RJ. But he probably would have brought up that beer snake in the crowd. I would think, did you guys see the beer snake in a crowd?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: No, coup. I guess a beer snake is like beer cups? You know that are I mean this thing Cody'll find an image, but literally the beer snake of cups in Perth, Western Australia, I mean, top to bottom. It was a sight to behold and I want to shout out my guy Joe Martinez as.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, Joe.
Speaker 4: Martinez was on point too, but this was pretty fun to see in Perth, Western Australia. Maybe some sort of Guinness Record there. Yeah, if you are the audio only, we are showing this insane beer snake in the crowd at rac Arena. Thanks to the UFC on Paramount Plus for the footage there, Jay, What was it about Joe Martinez? I thought he was on point as well, just with all the accents. But would you like no, I just went Ozzie, Ouzzy, Ozzy and then they fire it back. I just you know, And I had the privilege of watching him when you called Canelo Crawford, John, And it's interesting, you've almost never worked you almost never worked with Joe Martinez. I find I had never met him before Cannello Crawford and just watching him sort of prepare and watching him get ready to go do his work. I was impressed with him there, and I just thought he really handled the moment really nicely and got me fire up here across.
Speaker 3: The other side. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, we appreciate your contributions as always in the octagon and out of the octagon here on the Anic Imploring Podcast. Buddy, have a great day and a better uh evening with every boys. Thanks Budy.
Speaker 3: Jay.
Speaker 4: All right, long, going sixty seconds, But Mother's Day is this Sunday, folks, what are we doing for mom? What are we doing for your wife? Do you usually lean towards flowers, brunch? Maybe gift cards or a frames is the best way to mix it up from the standard Mother's Day playbook and just an easy, meaningful gift that outlasts all of the other options. I'm trying to show my mom appreciation every day. I know you're trying to do the same. I still lean on her for advice all the time and the most important thing to her family and memories. So with this or a frame, you're getting free, unlimited storage. You can add as many photos and videos as you want. You can also preload photos before it ships, That's what I did. You can even personalize your frame with a message before it arrives. Gift boxes included as well. Every frame comes packaged in a premium gift box with no price tag. It's easy to share photos and videos. You just download the free or app or text photos straight to your frame. The app is just incredible and it takes like two minutes to get it set up. Your favorite live iPhone photos will also play right on the Aura frame. So make this Mother's Day special with our frames name number one by Wirecutter. You can save on the gifts Mom's Love by visiting or frames dot com and for a limited time, listeners of the Anaconflorm podcast can get twenty five dollars off. They're best selling Carver Matt Frame with code a F pod. That's a U R A Frames dot Com promo code a F pod. Support the show by mentioning us at checkout. Terms and conditions apply. All right, let's get to the star of the program. He is very long ago.
Speaker 1: It's now time for the Ray LONGO minute.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna push a hole in this fucking shop.
Speaker 1: The Ray Long No Minute. John Annik and Kenny Florian Podcast.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, hey, oh oh shoot, where is my head?
Speaker 3: That's a great question.
Speaker 2: What happens?
Speaker 5: Wait?
Speaker 2: Wait, wait, it's late. Get ridio already. I'm not even getting my coffee for.
Speaker 4: This thing, sport coffee. Thanks for shouting out a competitor.
Speaker 2: Oh oh shit, Slate, I don't know what the hell is it? What's it?
Speaker 3: Anyway?
Speaker 2: Well, if I would have had it, I wouldn't have made the mistake.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, right, Well, we are gonna before you go to Turkey to get your hair.
Speaker 3: We're gonna get just some thrown sport coffee.
Speaker 4: So I didn't get in a fight at my daughter's party this weekend, but I would like to fight the YouTube commenter who always says I just fast forward to the ray longo minute. Fine, fine, great, great, if you didn't like the first three, great, wonderful.
Speaker 3: Right, we're gonna ask about Carlos.
Speaker 4: So Carlin, I am just a UFC fan till the day I die, Right, And when I say on the show last week, like you know, best of luck to any of these welterweight surviving twenty five minutes underneath all of these violent weapons possessed by Carlos protests, it's not really predictive. It's it's really just me being a fan. And man, is this guy just not an absolute marvel to watch?
Speaker 2: Well, I'll tell you what a beautiful demonstration of just range and keeping a guy at the end of your punches. And I don't know, man, vicious knees up the middle. You know, I like the way he freezes your first and he throws the knees very calculated packing the legs. Standing up with this guy's a nightmare, one hundred percent proved. I mean, I think I did pick protest, but I thought it was more of a flip them fight, and it was anything got a flip them fight. You know, he just really ran through a really talented Jack Dela Modolene. And I mean the height that this guy has and the ability that he can use to keep you at the end of those punches pretty impressive. Man. That was a really, really impressive performance against a highly talented ex champion. Ray.
Speaker 3: You know, when I'm looking at the fight, I'm up oftentimes looking at it from the perspective of a fighter. Right, if I had to fight this guy, if I'm a coach, what do I do against this guy? This is the kind of guy that would keep you up at night, right as a coach, like trying to plan for what he brings to the octagon. Right, And he's even better than we saw him last time, Like he's constantly getting better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it looks like his confidence is growing. And I think you're right, he is getting better. I Mean, the problem obviously is I mean, if you're a coach and you have a guy that can wrestle, that's gonna be the issue. It's almost like, you know this is but even those knees down the middle, Ray like, yeah, yeah, yeah, he's always gonna have a chance. And I tell you that the height is Bisbean's not a small guy. He was not I'm not saying towering over at Bisbee, but he was noticeably taller. And Bisban's I think he's a big dude.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a big dude. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And this guy's fighting at one seventy. He looks like he's got no problems. But I think Kenny, and I tell you, I mean, you can correct me if I'm wrong, But I mean the despair he's still between the striking and grappling is just so wide. I mean, look at Revvik's and gam right. I mean, and it's you think you think Islam's not putting this guy on his back and keeping him there. I mean, I highly doubt it. And it's a tough ma, it's a tough matchup. But unfortunately, we all really want to see the striking. I think I think that's even like the UFC's thing. But and this guy is your guy, but you match him with the wrong guy, I think it's gonna be a problem unfortunately, because I love watching him fight. I'm not I just don't get at this stage of the game. How they could be so much disparage at the top between guys, you know, even like what happened with the kid from South Africa. I mean, it's just you gotta, yeah, right, you gotta. You got a guy that's a bull, he's walking through people, he's but he's getting the job done, and then he's just it's not even a contest, like it's I don't know, I find it fascinating that people aren't bridging.
Speaker 4: That gap yet, Kenny, It is interesting, right, we do have these recent examples that are pretty telling in their dominance. Even if the rule set maybe favors the strikers, that Islami Kasha might be a minus five hundred favored against Carlo protests.
Speaker 3: Because the expectation as to what he'd be able to do. Ray is Lucky your dog's still alive?
Speaker 4: Yes, okay, So if you had to save Lucky's life, which welter weight would you send in there right now to beat Islami Kashev and Iliotopodia cannot be an answer because he's not a welter.
Speaker 2: I think right now with the look, I'm not I'm not following it as much as used to but I think Ian Gary is the guy here guy because I think he's he's, you know, a big one seventy. He's been saying for the last couple of years, if you're not wrestling, you know, you know what I mean, he's been saying.
Speaker 3: The right you can stick and move like you can make a move.
Speaker 2: I think that's why he gave Pratt tru because he was all over the place, and I think that's the guy right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So I don't know, Like, if I really had to save my dog's life, I might pull like a Joaquin Buckley wild card out there and just say, hey, dude, like you're trying to save my dog's life, if you please go balls to the wall and try to find a knockout shot, you know, unlike not unlike what happened to islamikashev way early on in his career. Courtesy of Adriano Martinz.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't know, but yeah, I think a lot of people woul say I'm a shadow garrier protests maybe Morales. It's a fascinating conversation. What feels the worst on Jack Dela Madelana physically after that type of brutalization, right. I mean, Kenny, I don't know if you even had a fight in which you absorbed that type of damage. I mean, I know jose Aldo kicked in the leg, but god, I mean, what other worldly toughness to stay in that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So Jack is one of those guys who's extremely tough. Right, We've seen him in some really tough fights before. He's very stoic, he's very quiet. When I saw him wins in pain and open up his mouth every time he got kicked to the leg, that was unusual. And that's where I said, Now this Protest guy is different, Like he is out there to destroy. He's out there to decimate your legs, your body, your head, and he can do it with every freaking long limb in his body. Yeah you know what I mean? Like Ian Gary, Yeah, I think his footwork might be a little sharper. He's got a really sharp jab, maybe even in better job than Protest, But Protests jab is really good and the potency of his strikes ray Like he's for me. I might surpass him because I just think that those knees down the middle, everything he throws, if he touches Islam, it could be over like, I think he's that dangerous now, but if he gets taken down, he Islam's gonna be all over him. But I think he's more potent a striker than anyone in the well to eight division overall. Morales has crazy knockout power as well, but the variety of weapons, the versatility of protest, to me, is what stands out.
Speaker 2: And I think that's the fight to make Morales against protests, and the winner gets it deserves a title shot, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So if you don't want to see either of those guys lose, well that's that's the issue, man.
Speaker 2: But getting back to what hurts most on Jack Delama, latter might guess would be his ego at this point because he went from champion he lost to a wrestler. Now his first fight back, he lost to a striker, which is can't be going over good with him because that's a major problem now. So I don't know, But what a nice guy, you know, I met him once with his team. They're just good people and he's got to figure out a way to get back on the horse now.
Speaker 3: John, And your question, I think is an interesting one because typically you see guys at that level, at the elite level, sometimes it's just kind of one thing. It's a body shot, or it's like kicks and you know, protest hit him and hurt him everywhere. I think he sore everywhere even and that's where like as a fighter, you're going I need something to look at it to make me feel better. It's like I did these things that were good, yeah, and and that's gonna mess with the fighter's mental space after that one, because you're like, man, there's levels of the game, and that was not a good matchup. I can't really point to much that what went my.
Speaker 4: Way, right, I mean early round two, I'm looking at some of the camera angles and the right side of Dela Madelene's face was so swollen early on in this fight, the other side of the leg, the outside of the leg, the body, the arms from taking kicks, all of it.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: So Ben Vickers scrappy mma in the corner of Jack, and he does a particularly good job. I think at times. Jack comes back to the corner after round two and he's like, ah, you can tell how much pain he is. The pain starting to set in a little bit, and Ben's like, no Ah, you know, like get back out there, and I did think he did everything in his power to try to center his guy, but Ray just way too much bone crushing violence coming the other way.
Speaker 3: Nothing you do about it.
Speaker 2: Hey, listen, man, I'm sold on Protest after that. Man. But the funny part in that phase when the first time he took him down it was easy, and then you had you will say it to yourself, Okay, this is the game. Please just gonna go out there and take him down, and then he couldn't, and then it just it created a worse downfall. Yeah, I think so. Yeah, man, that was that was impressive. That was really impressive. And to travel that far and to have a performance like that isn't easy either. Yeah. You know, that's a long freaking trip man.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: Protest said he couldn't have everybody be sad for the trip back, so he made sure that they were happy.
Speaker 2: And uh, you know when you say when it works out like that, it's good like that.
Speaker 4: When you step up the way that Carlos Protest has stepped up for the UFC, and Sean Strickland, by the way, is another guy who has repeatedly stepped up put his title on the line very quick stepped into main events against a bousmagamet, i'v an a Sardini mob off short notice, all of those things. But Protest, you know, stepped into the Ian Gary main event right and fights Jeff Neil, then fights Leon Edwards, goes to Perth. Now, I don't know if he's going to be willing to wait, the type of guy he is, given what his show money is. Maybe he says, yeah, give me Morales, give me one of these guys. Right, But if you are Carlos Protests and you understand that overwhelmingly the most dollars can be made if you are the champion or fight for the belt, I think if he waits and you know, gets healthy and gets better, I think eventually, Kenny, you're right, like we will see Protest versus Makashev or Protests versus the champ.
Speaker 3: You know, Yeah, that's the one to make Man and Proctice again maximize that opportunity, which is not easy to do given all those circumstances that he was dealing with.
Speaker 4: On on Saturday, all right, right, lightweight division comin event, we talked a little bit about Quillen sal killed earlier on and Benil Daryusha at one point had an eight fight UFC lightweight winning streak. He's now lost four of five and had an early moment and but what do you make of this? Uh this Ousie Quill and sal Kild sort of taking this fifty five pound division by storm.
Speaker 2: Oh listen, that was a perfect fight to see where he's at. And he came through in flying colors. That's about it. But I mean, I think Benil's how old is see now he's he's getting up there. And once you get on those losing streaks, man, it is you know somebody I saw something the other day with I guess champs that have lost and they just it just it just continued. You continue to lose it. It's it's hard to break. At this point. I think he's got to look at you know, probably retiring soon. He's what a super nice guy that he's just a gat I mean, I think that was part of his problem. It just wasn't what the UFC wanted to promote. I think because he deserved probably a shot, you know, well the fight win streak and I don't.
Speaker 4: Know, just wrong division right, and said yeah, yeah, that could be it too. Yeah, he's been a little bit exposed against the Eliite fighters that he has faced recently. He has that Hanato moy Kano win fairly recently, but otherwise the Oli of Eas Sarwakians, these guys have proven to be on a different level than him. But it is interesting when you think about a transition in Australia and you know, the transition from say Volkanovsky to Jack Della Mattelena, and all of a sudden, now Jack has lost to in a row Volkes the champion again. I do see Quillan Salkild, who is still very green, as a guy who can really carry the torch for this nation.
Speaker 3: Kenny.
Speaker 4: It's a tough division, right, I mean, Benny Daryush want eight fights in a row and didn't even get to number two or three in the world.
Speaker 3: You know, but I do even Clintalkild, I really do. I do too. You know. It seems like he's got the right mentality. He has a variety of skills as well on the ground, on the feet, massive for the division, you know, really good size lightweight. But yeah, that division is crazy, so much talent. But if there's a guy that can represent at a high level and prove that he's elite. I think it's sell killed for sure. He called out me Cam Yeah, and again like who's calling out Gamran? Like that's a tough matchup for anybody. He could be a nightmare if he's able to, you know, get you down repeatedly. And it shows what kind of confidence he has. And again, this isn't a guy who's been in the UFC for four or five years. He's still relatively fresh to the UFC. And I think it shows the confidence that he has in himself and that his team has in him as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it is interesting when you could call out somebody like Paddy Pimblet, for example, And I do believe that Paddy Pimblet is a force with whom to be reckoned for sure. But you gotta have something in your thought process, Kennedy to call out Mattauj Gamra, right that maybe you're thinking like he doesn't have the power on the feet to knock me out. And I believe enough in my grappling technique and strength and submission ability in my own right, you know that Maybe that's why you know, because it was very calculated and sal Kill doesn't miss a beat or hesitate for a second to call him out.
Speaker 3: You know, yeah, I think, first of all, that's just really smart business sense to go and do that. Having a name, very specific name that you want to fight again shows his level of confidence, but also perhaps shows that he has a ladder in mind to get there.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: It's like, before I face a Sarukian or before I face kind of the elite wrestlers, let me take a guy who's maybe just a step underneath there and Gamron and prove to everybody that I'm a problem for wrestlers as well.
Speaker 2: So smart, I tell you guys a spot on today. Man, I like it. This is good.
Speaker 3: I got my thrown coffee before the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm leg behind. I got nothing over you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I promise, I promise that we're going to take care of you with the Throne Sport coffee. We might just have to suspend it a week because you chose to acknowledge one of their.
Speaker 2: Wait First off, I one hundred apologize.
Speaker 3: Apologies, no no clue.
Speaker 4: So, speaking of apologies, tay to Ivasa apologizing to his fans for a seventh successive loss. And uh, I think this one stings in particular because it's now back to back training camps in which he has put in the work and it hasn't. Kenny produced the desire result and it's a lot of red stripes on the wikiped page.
Speaker 3: I was cheering for him so hard while watching that fight because I tell you what he has been putting in the work. He has been It was clear that he was way more adamant about not staying still when someone hit a takedown on him. He was scrambling his big heart out to try to get back to his feet. He was, you know, you could tell he was working the ground game, all that stuff he's wrestling, but it just wasn't going his way. And I will say this for any other fighters that are that are you know maybe hearing this is that this is why you don't have those camps where you take them off because it may maybe it doesn't click in one camp or two camps or three camps. And if you took those camps off before, and you're going, oh shit, now I gotta I gotta scramble for the for the test. I didn't do my homework during you know, all these years, and now I gotta like cram for the test. It rarely goes your way, guys, So stay working all the time. And it's clear that he has been working recently, but if he was working a couple years ago, that be paying off now.
Speaker 4: I think, in my opinion, maybe Ty would agree with that, but it shows he has talent.
Speaker 3: He has talent. Maybe wasn't always you know, laser focus with his training, but man I fell for it because he was doing the right things. He was attempting to doing the right things. You see the hunger when he was fighting. He just wasn't able to pull it off. And in this game it's way too complicated and tough and it takes a few camps for it to really click to where you can execute it in a fight.
Speaker 2: Right. And Kenny does one thing you said, Look, it's that winner learn for a lot of the first time he lost like that, that was the time to start, you know what I mean? And I got you know from my experience, Like the biggest guy that ever demonstrated that to me was Morob. I mean, he had a lot of not a lot of losses, but anytime he lost the next day, he was back in there correcting it anytime. And he he defines that saying win or learn, because he one million percent did uh And I expect him to do it again for the next gen fight, but uh, ty to of it, he had to go back at that time. One camp ain't doing anything. I'll be honest with you. You know, look, if you if you got a short minute, you know, if you got like a big opportunity, yeah you try to do it. But to think that you could bridge the gap with some of these guys that have been doing this shit their whole life in one camp is just nothing short of delusional. Unless you're a super talent. I mean, you'd have to be a unique individual, right.
Speaker 4: My parents were always preaching like stick tuitiveness, like stick the fuck to it. And you know, I said when I started hot yoga that if I get to one hundred classes and I can't do some of these fucking poses and balance, then I'm out. And I was getting very frustrated around class forty five, and then I had a little bit of a breakthrough and maybe you know, started to not look like the worst student in the class, and I started to think, not unlike a jiu jitsu mentality, like wait a second, this might actually work out, but yes, you can't cheat the developmental time. And I think for tie as many amazing training camps as there have been in the United Arab Emirates. There's been a lot of recreational time as well. And you know, you can't cheat this game.
Speaker 3: If R. J.
Speaker 4: Clifford was on here today, Ray, he was gonna suggest that bare knuckle boxing would be uh an arena in which Tie could realize a lot of success and.
Speaker 2: Financially not a bid suggestion. Yeah, yeah, because what he's got to stick it to what he does at least decently, and he can. He does have pout that's actually a perfect uh Yeah, I think he hit that nail right on the head.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 3: He's got the style, he's got the personality.
Speaker 5: You know, he doesn't have.
Speaker 4: Genetically the biggest heavyweight hands, right, I'm sure again some fans will be like, dude, yeah, but I'm telling you, like no, I'm just saying no. But some of these guys, when they shake your head right, like Dan Henderson, it still hurts, you know what I mean. Like, I'm just saying that when I think about heavyweights, overwhelmingly, a lot of these guys like Georgina Rosenstrike will just stick his hand out and it hurts, you know. So I don't know the tie, I'm just in a bare knuckle setting that is actually a big Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm starting to think that's a I mean, I'm not starting to think, but that is a huge factor when you have a fucking mid.
Speaker 3: On you man.
Speaker 4: Wellchie has about it, and go Chie's hands are just they feel like rocks, you know what I mean, like just everybody's got.
Speaker 2: Chi. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean I would say for a lightweight there above average, but rock bone density.
Speaker 2: You know. You know what fight fascinating me was the two heavyweights.
Speaker 4: The the Brando Parachitchen Shamilaz He fight to night.
Speaker 2: I think I fight yeah more on such weird times. I was trying to follow as much as I could, but uh but dude, how do you get rid of? I mean the punishment that other guy took with clean shots, Like what do you do with that?
Speaker 3: I was looking at those guys. I'm like, that's why I carry guns.
Speaker 2: You know what do you think? You think You're punching that guy in the head on the street without breaking your hand and he's just gonna laugh at you.
Speaker 3: I mean, he imagine that guy on Beth It's like, what are you gonna do? Zombie? That is a giant zombie.
Speaker 2: Oh good god, I cannot. His head was snapping back goldie indicators that he's going out, and he still managed to Uh yeah, yeah, you're right.
Speaker 3: That was the They landed like twenty knockout punches on each other. Got any other normal human beings, it was, and.
Speaker 2: He almost came back. He cut it looked like he was gonna turn it around.
Speaker 4: One hundred thousand dollars in bonus money. Oh good for his efforts.
Speaker 3: He deserved that.
Speaker 2: When that was one of those fights, when the guy had him against the cage, I'm like, I let him stay there for another thirty seconds so we can get more of them, we can get more of what we're saying. I let him, let him charge up, and then throw him out there again. Oh my god, it was I thought that was crazy, crazy, crazy.
Speaker 4: So of all the chaos that ensued at my daughter's uh wayward party this weekend. You know, the second officer that showed up, who's actually a detective, he was just doing a little overtime, you know. I see that cauliflower here. I'm like, oh, we are in business now, train Ryan, you train officer, you know, and uh, but it's always great when you see the man in and the jiu jitsu practitioner's been doing jiu jitsu for ten years, and I asked him, you know how much more confidence does that give you out in the streets? You know, choke one of these young motherfuckers out in a blink, can't she y? How's your rear naked show? Crying?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 3: It solved so many problems, even just I said not to get off track too much, but getting handcuffs on people, that's where I see police officers struggle so badly. Their ability to control a guy who does not want to be controlled, or doesn't want to get into a car, doesn't want to you know, And that jiu jitsu or wrestling background is a huge advantage for police officers.
Speaker 2: The problem that too, Kenny, is the police officers are handcuffed themselves.
Speaker 3: I mean, you can't do this, you can't do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna tell you something, man. On that like growing up in the like the seventies and the eighties, holy shit, you got out of line. You would get like, yeah something. And I'm gonna say, as weird as this sounds, i'dn't to go back to that. I'd like to go back to those days guys are getting away with murder. I just I don't like it. I mean, I have had a buddy of mine's got a script. He's gonna start shooting the movie soon. But it's based on his life story in like nineteen eighty two and he went out with a girl. The fault didn't like him. He was a cop. He threw light a fluid on him and threatened to threaten to set him on fire. Like it's and I'm like, that's the shit that happened. Like if you did something to like a CoP's kid or something back, you were getting pulled over every half hour, they would just tort you. Now again that's successive. I don't like that. But there's got to be a common ground, like you know, And I think what always happens is it's so far one way, you got to bring it all the way back the other way instead of in the middle. But those guys are handcuffed now, and who the hell wants to be a cop? You could you could end up in jail trying to do your job, and I think that's horrifying.
Speaker 3: Have you ever been handcuffed?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: Wow, how about that?
Speaker 2: I'm listen you pull, I'm throwing the keys on the you know whatever.
Speaker 4: Not even the golden handcuffs, because your wife has an amazing job as well.
Speaker 2: Those hands, those handcuffs are on. Okay, I don't know you would metaphorically.
Speaker 3: Before we let you go.
Speaker 4: First of all, I'm sorry I didn't call you back this week. The answer is yes to every.
Speaker 3: Good thank your voicemail.
Speaker 4: The answers always yes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just I feel weird. I think we gotta something in the future, you know, if we could have two seconds of your time this week?
Speaker 4: Yes, Numbered event pay per view weeks are always a great time to get on them.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, where are you are? You're in Jersey this week?
Speaker 4: Yeah, my friend down the street. We will take care of all of that. And uh, I don't say figured of that. You're the star of the show. You literally are the star of the show. So the answer when you need something, or want something or have an idea on the podcast, the answer is always yes. But before we let you go. Kamzaschimayev, who is fighting this weekend. I listened to his walkout song on repeat on the treadmill the entire time this morning. Ah, he's the most electrifying force in the fight game, at least as far as I'm concerned. Dana White myself, others have said we have never seen anything like him, and he is a five to one favorite to retain the belt in his first defense against Sean Strickland. Ray, what are your expectations for the main events Saturday night?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Man, I tell you. The thing that bothers me is there's people that saw those training sessions that have a good idea of what's going to happen, and unfortunately all three of us haven't been there. But I like the way Strickland's been talking. I don't know, I hope he's not just selling the fight because he sounds very confident.
Speaker 3: But uh, I sounds like quite defense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you know, I'll get off the fence. But he's a five to one favorite.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I can.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: I think you think it's juicy, Ray, Yeah, I think you see some potential in Strickland.
Speaker 2: True, I gotta go with this. True blooded American.
Speaker 4: Has four hundred, so a one hundred dollars better.
Speaker 2: I'm betting on Strickland, all right. I like I like uh, I like his whole stick, I like everything. But Uh. The thing that bothers me is this guy's training with that guy that what's his name, Calvina?
Speaker 4: Oh the garage, Sure, yeah, I don't I don't know, man, a few for a few camps now, ray, yeah, camps.
Speaker 2: Yeah cool. I just hope he's second or third board and there's no p peo bulls ship anything like that, because it looks like the testing is uh, become way more than it used to be. But it could because I'm out of the loop a little bit. But I don't know. I always had guys in the gym sitting there, and yeah, it just didn't seem like the same thing the last couple of years.
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, I think that's fair. All right, Well, we'll see how it all shakes out this weekend. You will not be at UFC three twenty eight, I take it. I will not be there, Okay, all right, buddy. Well we hope to see you for a show at the gym in the not too distant future. But thank you for your time today as always.
Speaker 2: And yeah, and we're working on that. I think I'm gonna put together. I be awesome.
Speaker 3: Your phone on, I'll call you later.
Speaker 4: Today might be the UFC Hall of fame calling you better keep your phone on.
Speaker 2: I'm waiting. Let's go. Take it easy, guys, Take it easy.
Speaker 4: B Ray Longo minute every week on the Anaic and Florian podcast. And with that it means yes, it's Monday, but UFC three twenty eight is here. And DraftKings Sports Book makes every fight night mean more. When a fighter steps into the octagon, everything they've built comes down to that moment. And with DraftKings you are ready to move when they do. You can bet fighter props to win by knockout or submission. You can bet live from the opening touch of gloves to the final horn. Every strike, every takedown, every finished attempt matters, and DraftKings Sports Book keeps you connected as all the action unfolds. And there is also this new DraftKings customers bet just five dollars and you will get one hundred dollars in bonus bets instantly. Just download the DraftKings Sports Book app. Use code af pod so you're ready for the moment. That is code af pod for new DraftKings customers to turn five bucks into one hundred in bonus bets instantly. In partnership with DraftKings, the Crown is yours gambling problem called one eight hundred Gambler or one eight hundred My reset. New York call eight seven to seven eight hope en why or text hope en why. Connecticut call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org on behalf of Boothill Casino in Kansas. Wager tax pastor may apply in Illinois twenty one plus. In most states, Voyd and Ontario restrictions apply. Bonus bets it expire seven days after issuance. For additional terms and responsible gaming resources, see Sportsbook dot DraftKings dot Com, slash Promos Limited time offer. All right, Yanni, the Greek for My Money is the most thorough mixed martial arts handicapper on the planet, and we're very thrilled to have acquired his services for UFC three twenty eight. Yanni, my man, Happy Monday.
Speaker 3: How we do it?
Speaker 5: Never better? John, thank you for having me. Welcome and glad to be here again. Kenny shout out. I'll be there this weekend, so I'm excited to go for this card. Yeah, they're flying us out so I'll be taping from there later in the week. So this is a card I've really been working on for a little bit, so excited to cover.
Speaker 4: Well, this is amazing. So UFC on the Line will be live taping in Newark, New Jersey. Have you taken that show on the road.
Speaker 5: Before, Yeah, to Vancouver. We did it up to Vancouver and that was it and this came by surprise, so yeah, really.
Speaker 4: Oh that's great and obviously you've got some East Coast roots. You must be pumped to be coming back.
Speaker 5: Indeed, about an hour plus away from Philly and New York City, so yeah, a lot of close friends around that vicinity. I'm excited to be there, staying about five days because I want to do a little traveling.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 4: Well, the listeners and viewers were very appreciative of your analysis for UFC three twenty seven. We asked you to pick nine fights. It'll just be five today. But before we get started, Aaron Judge, I don't know if you've been paying attention, but since you were on the air, he's hit ten fucking home runs, so ten, he's had ten in the last fucking proofs, So I don't know if.
Speaker 5: You're taking he gave He gave that pick out early early.
Speaker 4: All right, everybody, Aaron judge al MVP. The price is not as sweet as it was. All right, lightweight division, we do have some big numbers on the main card. This is one of them. King Green minus three zero five, Jeremy Stevens plus two forty five Yanni. A lot of paperwork, a lot of film on both of these guys. Stevens, out of the UFC for four years, returned against Mason Jones last May and his native Des Moines, Iowa. Hasn't won spending his last seven UFC fights, but there's been a lot of time outside of the octagon and other endeavors and initiatives. What are your thoughts on Green and Stevens under the lights this week?
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is a tough fight because of the price. And here's what I mean. You're looking at King Green's side obviously the rightful favorite. You touched on it. We've only seen Jeremy Stevens fight once since twenty twenty one at the UFC level, and prior to that he had come in it was like against Gamra, against Cador, against yat ear top level guys. On the flip side, we've seen Green of late. He's coming off a very impressive win against Zel Huber in a fight he was not expected to win a plus three to fifty dog in fact right, and prior to that, it was a fight he was supposed to when it was supposed to be easy against Gibson, where he went off at two to one and he got a split decision. But it's the activity of Green that you have to like, coupled by the fact that when you get to the Stevens side, it's again a negative strike differential against Green is a problem, and I don't think he's going to be able to implement that ground game that's going to give Green any type of issues where he'll be able to take them down, control them, sub them, anything like that. I think Green systematically starts to break Stevens down by outlanding him, and the question is whether he gets them out of there or not. The price is keeping me off it. If I have to pick the winners, obviously the Green side minus three hundreds should win, but I can't get to where there's value because I got to conclude he wins this fight four out of five times, and I just can't get there with a guy that's, you know, a couple of fights above five hundred in the UFC and with Stevens, just too many questions, marks going way out on that risk curve, decent plus on the take back, but just not enough to interest me. For me, it's a kind of fight I'm going to pass on.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I expect Green to win.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't expect a ton of people to be salivated to get action on this one. A few other numbers for you. Kenny thirty ath UFC appearance for King Green. He'll be forty in September, had nineteen pro mma wins when he arrived in the UFC in twenty thirteen. Jeremy Stevens, as many of you know, made UFC debut on his twenty first birthday at UFC seventy one back in two thousand and seven. He will also be forty actually later this month on May twenty fifth, King Green, Monastery of Thought, Jeremy sevens plus two forty five kemphlip.
Speaker 3: You know, I see it a little differently. I think that you have two thirty nine year olds going at it. I think that Jeremy Stevens has had a rough patch, hit a rough patch in the UFC going against two grapplers, and Mason Jones and Gamrot never going to be a good matchup for him. But he's going against a guy in King Green who's going to be willing to stand up with him. You're also going against a guy in King Green who loves to keep his hands down low. He will not change that style for anybody. It's a part of who he is. It's a part of baiting people in Do you want to do that against a guy like Jeremy Stevens who has that kind of power. I don't think Jeremy is as fast as he used to be, but I don't think his power has left him at this stage of his game. So I think I think there's some value on Jeremy Stephens' side. Why just because you have two grapplers that are two strikers, sorry that you know are are gonna throw down, and Jeremy Stevens, I think is the more potent striker. I think he's got more power than Ken Green, is more unorthodox. For sure, he's gonna be an awkward out, but I think Jeremy Stevens has a shot, And for that reason, I think I think it's a little juicy, not a lot of juicy, but I think it's a.
Speaker 4: Little little juicy al right. Next up on the main Car live on Paramount Plus this weekend. In the welshweight division, Sean Brady minus one eighty five. New Mantlewakeing Buckley is plus one fifty four. So Brady number six in the world as of this tape and could go down a peg or two because of Carlos protest. Who will be number one or number two? I would think so Brady Fott just once in twenty twenty two, lost to Bla Mohamed, once in twenty twenty three, a win over Kelvin Gasolum, once in twenty twenty four, a win over Gilbert Arino Burns, and then last year Yanni the win over Leon Edwards followed by the loss to Michael Morales. Massive spot for him here Againstjaucke Buckley, who is also coming off a loss against Kamara Usman. Big things at one seventy strong lean either way for you, Yanni the Greek.
Speaker 5: Not a very strong lean, but I think there's some value because this fight's a lot closer than a coin flip than either guy being close to a two to one favorite. It's gonna come down to who gets to implement their game, and you're looking at a contrast of styles. We know what you're getting with Buckley wants to keep it standing. He wants to use his power, he wants to use his reach and the athleticism where you know what Brady wants to do wants to take you down. He wants to control you and try to get you out of there with submissions. That's the bottom line, or even you know, some ground and pounds, it's will Buckley be able to keep it standing? He's faced close to fifty takedown so far into UFC and stuffed you know, seven out of ten of those, so chances are it may be taken down. But will he be controlled? Hasn't been controlled all that long? Fifteen percent of the minutes he's grampling it that he has been controlled, So will Brady be able to control him? The thing that sticks out to me is each round starts standing, and that's where Buckley's gonna have the huge advantage. He's gonna have a four inch reach. The power edge is there when you look at the knockdown ratio, knockdown Ray all in favor of Buckley, and I think again it's it's a lot closer to a coin flip that the question is both these guys who they fought of late, Like this is a big fight for both of them, coming off the Morales loss on for Brady's side and the Ousman loss on the Buckley side. But prior to that, the names they were beaten was like Covington, Thompson, Luke A and then on the Brady side it's Burns gastolom A lost to Muhammad. I think this is a step up for both guys because of when they're facing each other as far as the point in their career. That's why I think it's a lot closer to a coin flip. Brady should be the favorite, but I don't think he should be about a one seventy one to eighty one ninety favorite because that says he wins this fight two out of three times. It's a little bit too much for me. Closer to sixty forty at worse. Give me plus one fifty or better on Buckley and I got to take it. In fact, it like plus one thirty one forty. I think there's some value, so plus money.
Speaker 2: I like the dog.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's nicely laid out. Joaquin Buckley just turned thirty two. Kenny maybe not even in his fighting prime, spent some time at Kilcliffe FC during this training camp. Very hard worker just like Brady and has been the far more active guy. Went six and oh did Buckley combine in twenty twenty three and twenty twenty four?
Speaker 3: What do you make of this one? Ken Flow, Sean Brady, Joaquin Buckley. Yanni let me bang bro took all my analysis. That was spot on, dude, amazing job. I agree with a lot of what Yanni said, man. I think it's a phenomenal breakdown. I think there's a lot of value on Buckley. Why well, even though he's coming off that loss against Kamara Uzman, he trained with Kamorrow. I think that that was an eye opening experience for him. And we talked earlier about fighters learning from their mistakes or learning from their losses. I think Buckley's one of those guys. I think he is as competitive as they come. I think his size advantage and strength advantage will come into play here. Because Brady tends to bully a lot of guys out there. I'm not sure he can bully Buckley now. I think he can out technique Buckley on the ground if he can get it there. But I think a lot of it is going to come down to maybe that first round. Can he get off to a good start and gain some confidence coming off that last tough loss to Morales. So if Brady can get off to a good start, I think that's a good sign. But I think Buckley, you know, it's going to be important for him to get his footwork going and stop those takedowns to send a message. I like Buckley here. I think it's worth again sprinkling a little money. I think Buckley's got value for sure.
Speaker 4: All right, Buckley plus one point fifty four or so. Right now, we'll see where that number is as we approach closing time later this week. Now to a heavyweight matchup Alexander Volcom minus one seventy wall though cortez Acosta is plus one forty two Yanni the Dominican republished. Cortez Acosta has won three in a row eight of his last nine, only lost in there on points to Sergey Pavlovich. Now he draws the Towering Drago.
Speaker 3: What do you make of this one?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think he got a lot of recency bias on the side of Volkoff coming off that al Maia win in a fight he was expected to win. At least that's what the market thought. He opened about a two to one underdog. Now, sharp money did come in on the volkoff side, and they got that one right because he closed it about plus one fifty five. So this is the guy's won five of six fights, but on the flip side with a Costa. He's out for forming the betting market in this spot now winning eight of his last nine fights. But this is what I like. It was a dog against Bivok, dog against Pavlovitch, dog even against Daleya opened the point flip against Gazebe, and obviously he was favored to beat Derek Lewis. But here's why I bring those prices up because we have a common opponent, and that's the Pavlovich fight. Both men opened at pretty much the same price, so the odds makers thought they should be about a two to one dog. The market thought about the same things. Not much money on either guy. Each closed about plus two hundred. So here's what I'm getting at. Vocolf gets to win against Pavlovich, Costa loses against Pavlovich, but the prices were the same. That's what sticks out to me. The odds makers agreed, and then we the market also agreed. The result is doesn't matter. They could have fought that three days later and a completely different outcome could have happened. It's not the result, it's the price that sticks out to me. So we all thought it's very similar, and I think stylistically Kenny will break it down better. But I think we're looking at more or less the same thing. For me, this is a lot closer to a coin flip. Another closer to a coin flip than one where side it should be two to one. Like vocolf I don't think he should be a two to one favorite at plus money. I like the Cortes side. I think this line's a little bit too high. So for me, I like the big guy to get the w can't flook ahead.
Speaker 3: Man. I love the breakdown, and I agree with you yet again here Yanni. I think Volkov. I love Volkov, the improvements that he's made of the course of his career, his size, all that stuff. You know, that quiet warrior vibe, that Russian stoic. He is a problem and he's extremely dangerous. The problem is, even in the fights that he looks great, there's always at least one or two strikes per round, where I'm like, he should not be taking those shots and fighting a guy like Waldo Cortez Acosta. He cannot allow Waldo Courts as a costa to land some of those shots because that might be the last one he takes. I think Acosta's got a great shot at winning, and maybe winning by knockout Volkov's defense. Sometimes there's a lot to be desired there. His offense is phenomenal, But how long is it going to be until Waldo Courts Acosta starts to find his rhythm in his timing and lands one of those big shots. So I think, without a doubt there's value on the Dominican for sure. So give me court to Zacosta, all right?
Speaker 4: Lot of agreement today. We'll see if that extends to the two title fights to close out the card at UFC three twenty eight, first of which will be for the undisputed UFC flyweight title. Tatsuro Tyro was north of two to one. He is now minus one sixty six as the betting favorite against the incumbent Joshua Van who is plus one forty. First title shot Yanni for Tyra first titled defense for the twenty four year old Joshua Van. This was initially slated to go down in Miami last month. Now it shall be done in Newark and we'll see which young guy emerges as the flyweight champion. I have no idea who's going to win this fight. The only thing that I believed was that Tyra would close as the betting favorite. Money has seemingly come in on Van. The price has come down a little bit. Yanni, the Greek who leaves Newark, New Jersey, is the unisputed UFC flyweight champ.
Speaker 5: Well, the books are always going to have the advantage over the better when fights get rebooked. Here's why they all read. You know, number one, what the sharp betterers are going to react, how they're going to react, and they know what the bunk it's going to do, how we're going to react to the price. So they have that advantage that we already bet into the Van versus t ear of mad Job. I was a little bit surprised that after we booken, since it was the Van side that had to pull out, that this line dropped so significantly to where you have now you know, tire around that one fifty one sixty range instead of moving the other way. But also rarely do you get where the challenger is favored over the title holder. But this is another example that we see in other sports all the time where the number you know three team is a dog to the number fifteen team. Why because power rating wise is all that matters to the odds maker. It's not about perception or narratives or anything like that. And what sticks out here is another situation, just like we touched on where we have a common opponent and I'm an opponent. Here is Ravov, both face for Evolve. The difference is Taira opened the two to one favorite. We the market bet him up to a three to one favorite, and he didn't get the w but we thought he wins that fight three out of four times. Everyone in Bob thought that flip side of that Van fights roy Va minus one twenty five favorite closed about minus one thirty right around where it opened, So the market all agreed he should win that fight about fifty five percent at a time, where we thought Tyra should win about seventy five percent at a time against Rayva. The difference is, again Van beats roy Va, Tyra doesn't beat ray vaugh The oddsmakers don't care about that single result. Once again, they're looking at the power ratings which have Taira above the Van side, and to me, that's what sticks out here. This one's still at flyway. Let's not forget. And we have another contrast to styles, with the striking of Van against the drappling of Tay. I don't think that Van's gonna have the advantages in the striking as great as the advantages Tierra is gonna have on the ground. That sticks out a lot to me. And I think even in the striking, you can't forget we're talking about flyways, and even though the narratives Van comes in packing power, he's right around that flyway average as far as finishing inside the distance in his UFC career, So it's not like he's a one shot knocked out power each and every fight. I think Tier is able to withstand any kind of danger from the Van stand up, and I think when he takes him down and you do see that he's levels above in the grappling, eventually he does get the takedown secures. You know, he's good with those triangles, good with taking the back. I like Taira here anything less than two to one. I think it's the right.
Speaker 4: Side, nicely laid out as usual. Yeah, Tatsurotira. Kenny also has just become a monster physically. I couldn't believe how good he looked, just in terms of the US and the strength and conditioning when he fought Brandon Moreno at UFC three twenty three, and that win kind of made him undeniable. He surpassed Manel cop in a lot of respects, and now the challenger is favored to become the undisputed Flyway champion. Joshua Van on the other side, trying to hold, serve and successfully defend the title.
Speaker 3: Kenfila, who do you like in the comin? Yeah, you know, first of all, a really interesting hearing Yanni attack it from that angle, I see it a little differently. Listen when when I got the initial odds from you last week, John, I was kind of licking my chops at plus one seventy for Joshua Van. After I started doing some video research, I thought it made a lot of sense. And then I started doing some video research and I started looking at Joshua Van, and I said, this guy might be the most underrated striker in the UFC right now. I think he is absolutely phenomenal. I think he might be first or second. I'm probably the second best combination puncher behind top at present moment. And you know how highly I hold Toporia as a striker. I think this is a very young and composed, technical striker who if you allow him to take advantage, he's gonna run away with it. I think he is nasty. I think he's dirty when he needs to. I think he's tough. I do think that Tyra will have the advantage if this fight hits the ground. I think he's very dangerous, but gonna gets a nice, stocky, tough, strong Joshua Van. I think Van can maybe survive some of those moments. Tyra is good at taking you down, but he's not a high level wrestler, and I like Joshua Van and those spots. Van is or might be one of those guys who can, in one camp learn how to get better when it comes to wrestling and grappling. He's a phenomenal athlete, dude. And I just came away more and more oppressed, more and more impressed with every fight that I saw from Joshua Van. I said, Gosh, what am I not seeing here? What are the odds makers not seeing here? And I see a lot of value with Joshua Van. I wish it was at plus one seventy. I think there's a reason why that that price is coming down. And boy, I think not only can Joshua Van win this fight, I think there's potential for him to get Tyra out of there within three rounds. I think he's that good. Tyra needs to get off to a good start. I think Tyra needs to win this fight early, similar to that one punch knockout. He needs to take Van's back early. Get them when you know they're a little dry, get it when when he's feeling fresh. Tyra has made great strides with his striking, utilizing more long range strikes. I think he's getting better in regards to his conditioning. He does look stronger, John, I agree with you there absolutely. The fact that he's doing more of his camps here in the States, I think good sign there. And he's an impressive fighter, there is no question about it. One of the most impressive fighters that I've seen come out of Japan in a long time. I just think Joshua Van is built a little different.
Speaker 4: Tremendous co main event breakdown by both gentlemen, and we'll see who ends up winning the flyweight title fight this weekend at UFC three twenty eight. That brings us to the main event, kemp fl will have you lead us here for the undisputed midweight title commaia of minus five thirty five Sean Strickland plus four hundred first title defense for the still undefeated Chimaya have he only turned thirty two last Friday, May first, fifteen to zero not to zero in the UFC A force unlike anything we have seen in the fight game, Kenny, and he is trying to leave Newark, New Jersey the way he arrives at the undisputed Midway Champion. How to handicap the main event?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 3: Is this fight good? It has everything? And it just a testament to the kind of star that Chimaya have is because every time he's on a pay review card, it just feels a little different. I think he's that big of a star, and man, I think he's probably gotten even hungrier as champion in a lot of ways. You know when you started to become a champion, and I felt this when I was getting close to those opportunities for myself is the big advantage to me is that you get more resources, so then you can invest even more in yourself. And Chimaya's making a lot of money now and he's bringing in Olympic wrestling champs. He's he's flying here, He's flying guys in like this is a case of kind of the stronger getting stronger, right or the rich getting richer. Chimayav is kind of doing that with his camps. I think he's gonna continue to get better. And Strickland is also a problem. Who's gonna know Chimayev and maybe certain vulnerabilities better than someone like Sean Strickland. Sean Strickland is different than Drinka's duplici in that, in my opinion, he's better at scrambling to his feet. He might get taken down, but he's very good at getting right back to his feet, and that's where he could potentially tire out someone like Chimayah. Now, Chimayav I thought paced himself extremely well. Really, he was very calculated in how he approached Strick's duplicity. He showed that he can be an emotionally intelligent guy and not get overtaken by the moment or get frustrated if you know he had his moment to finish and you know the round ends, or you know his opponent get back to his feet like he was extremely efficient and composed throughout those twenty five minutes. That gave me more confidence in Timid, but Strickland I think is a threat. I don't know if it's you know, juicy enough for me to lay down money on Strickland. It might be. I think people are counting out Strickland perhaps a little bit too much here. But I do think Chimia is one of those rare athletes that comes around only once in a long while, and he's undefeated for a reason. He brings a level of talent and tenacity that I think is rare, even amongst all the dangerous men that have fought inside the octagon. I think he's that special, and I think Chimayev will retain his belt. I don't know if he's able to get Strickland out of there, but if he does, I think it just shows how good he is. Because there's not a whole lot of people that can stop someone like Sean Strickland. But Chimaia, I do think he's got the grappling firepower. I also think he might have the striking power as well. I don't think he wants to get into like a combination exchanges with Strickland. That's where he can find himself in trouble, especially maybe later on in the fight. But I expect another very technical, calculated performance from Hamzat Chimai. If I think, I think, and still.
Speaker 4: Janni the Great Kamsa Chimi minus five thirty five Sean Strickland is plus four hundred tenth UFC headlining spot for Strickland his fourth UFC title fight. How do you see the main event playing out, my good man.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm interested to see when the recreational betters get to the window, what this line's going to do, because so far we've seen zero resistance, meaning usually you'll see some take back on the dog when the line moves this significantly because we've seen Chamaiev opened minus three fifty, get the four fifty up the five point fifty and zero resistance so far. So if you're going to be betting the Strickling side, I don't think there's any rush to get to the window because you're only seeing the line move in one direction. Now, the problem is betting Chimayev. How much further is this line going to move? Like for me to get down on Chamaiev right now, I got to think it's closes minus seven seven fifty eight hundred to conclude that I placed a good bet that I got good closing line value. Otherwise I'm trying to predict the outcome and you're just not going to make any money doing that. On the flip side with Stricklin, if you get down now and the line keeps moving against you like it's doing but kind of being your favor if you're taking the dog like unless it closes back down three three fifty, you're not going to get closing line value there either. So that's where the situation. We get to these big chalky matchups. The narrative is gonna get pushed, and I'm starting to hear it that Strickland's live, and I think you're gonna see a lot of betters argue that point that chimaiev'st with the cardio and Strickland's wrestling defense and it's gonna be able to not get controlled and get back like. We're gonna hear a lot of that dr in this week and I think you're gonna see some Strickland money come in, and I hope that's the case because I like the youmaya have side. Again, what how much room do we have for value? Because when you're talking about minus five thirty fives, five fifties, the money line is eighty four eighty five percent, that's the break even, so for us to think it's a good bet, I now got to conclude chimaiav wins the fight nine out of ten times, and again it's hard to get there when you get to the UFC level. The problem is, again he's just so levels ahead when you get to the Gramplin. We've seen that and it's just hard to fade him. And I love seeing any athlete in any sport who's that dominant when you know what they're gonna do and you still can't do anything about it. And we know from these guys training together that to you, mine have obviously got the best of it. And what I also didn't like, and I try to separate noise from signal, but I saw in an instance that I didn't like the lack of confidence. I know we're hearing the right things from from Strickland, but I saw this one, and I try to avoid that stuff, John, But I saw this one second where Ilia Tupuria was what Aiden Ross and Aiden say he's gonna bet fifty dimes on Strickland and they called Strickland and Strickland's response was, you're rich. It don't matter, Bro, that's the wrong answer. John Anne calls me and says, hey, Dana heard your advanced blackjack player. He's gonna put up fifty dimes. He wants you to come play blackjack. Dude, I'm gonna say, bring the camera because I'm about to spice them up. You're about to watch the man chop up the blackjack table like never before.
Speaker 3: That's what I was saying.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't say that. If I lose his fifty dimes, he's not good kick Again. I try to separate the noise from the signal, But to me, that was signal. And I like Jamiah. I like Jamiah big here. The only problem is is gonna get down to that minus four four fifty range that I need to bet him? I don't think so. So I'm gonna have to get creative and I'm gonna have to find a way to bet him. John haven't gotten there. Yet. But here's what I'll share. Both main event Cohen events are three and a half. That's the total. Here's the problem I have if you've done nothing else as a better if you've only woke up on Saturday and you looked at them at the totals and you sold three and a half or four and a half, If you've blindly gone over every three and a half and every four and a half, Availa to you, you will have made a double digit return on investment betting the UFC. And it makes sense because the markets bias towards unders. It's bias towards finishes, just like we knew for a long time in the NFL the bias was towards over in totals, so they were jacked up a little higher. There's still that bias in the MMA where we want to see finishes. So those three and a halfs, those four and a half, I like to bet those overs. But again in these matchups it just doesn't set up well. But me, it's Chimaya or pass and I just hope the price drops so I could get a bet on them. But again I don't want to go along take time. But I'll share this if you're ever giving out picks. You want to give the dog like you're not going to get any right return on your money saying bet Chimaya. But you go out there and you say Stricklands a lot and a plus four hundred wins. You know you look great, so there's no lass in saying the Stricklands side. But no, no, no no, we keep it on your show. Brother, I like Youamaya four to fifty or better. That's the side plus ev all day.
Speaker 4: You're the man. And it's interesting when you think about some of those over three and a half numbers because as a commentator for fifteen years, man, it feels like a lot of these championship main events go at the distance for whatever.
Speaker 3: That is worth.
Speaker 4: All right, time to place your bets. You each get three thousand dollars for UFC three twenty eight chimayab versus Strickland. Last time Yanni the Greek was with us, he returned you about eight hundred dollars to the positive a UFC three twenty seven. Last week for Ken Flow, he put his entire one thousand dollars on Carlos protests, so he is feeling pretty good as well. Yanni the Greek three bands with which to play for UFC three twenty eight.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and it's so important to me to be profitable that I have to do this professionally like it was for the first season or two on the line. Yeah, I didn't parlay. I did it like a pro because I had to prove I could be profitable. So still have to do that here on the album Florian Show. So we're gonna be Robot. Gonna start off with my first bet and that's to Soro Taira minus one sixty six. Gonna put eight thirty to win five hundred.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 5: I know it's a lot to fade the champ, especially at plus money. I know why it's attractive to Kenny, but I gotta go with Tierra, Like I made my true line closer to two hundred, so I got it back that with my cash.
Speaker 3: All right, Next up thirty yep, go ahead, yep.
Speaker 5: Eight thirty. Rate them all off at once, Johnny, Yeah, go ahead, my man. All right, I'll make the big ones first eight thirty to win five hundred on Taira. Then euroslav Amasov at minus one seventy once again, I'm gonna put eight fifty to win five hundred. I love the guy. I think the best prospect to come out of Bellator that doesn't get the hype. He deserves only one pro loss. You know what you're getting from the Ukrainian World, Sambo Champ. I think he gets the job done. Alvarez coming in on that hot streak and being the killer is why we don't have to pay minus three hundred on this. This should be minus three hundred. He wins this fight three out of four times, I'll bet a fifty to win five hundred. And then Grant Dawson coming off a knockout loss like that a little dangerous, but that's why we're getting him discounted here against Rebeccy. When I zoom out, I see nothing but w's for the Dawson side three and one is last for eleven two and one in the UFC. I'm gonna lay that one sixty lane eight hundred to win five hundred. So that's three favorites and I got two small dogs for you. Cost Cortes a costat plus one forty two. I explained the reasons why there. I think he's live. I love that Kenny agrees too. If I knew before the show. I'd have been had a bigger bet on him. That's two sixty three sixty nine. And now that I know Kenny also likes the Buckley side, this would have been a bigger bet also, But I thought it's closer to a coin flip. So at plus one fifty four, I'll put two sixty to win four hundred there. So Acosta, Cortes and Cortes a Costa forgive me and Joaquin Buckley are the two dogs each for two sixty, and that eats up my whole three dimes. John, not even a parlay, not even gonna waste it on parlane this week.
Speaker 3: I love listening to you.
Speaker 4: I'm very excited that you're gonna be doing a live remote for UFC three twenty eight, because I know some of those opportunities have been few and far between. Ken Flow three thousand dollars suspended, UFC three twenty eight, where.
Speaker 3: We go, Yeah, so we're gonna sprinkle just a lit a bit of money, just one hundred bucks on Jeremy Stevens hundred bucks just to win a little little and then we're gonna put, uh what I have, fourteen one hundred, is that right? Fourteen hundred. We're gonna put on Yaroslav Amasoff. I thought I was gonna be different, but Yanni. Yeah, I'm onto it as well, Buddy, I think that, and I like you all. Alvarez, I think he's a fantastic fighter, but Amasoff, I think is a fantastic fighter with a ton of experience. And people aren't onto him yet, but I think they will after Saturday and then so that that's fifteen hundred, and then the rest is gonna go on. My guy Van Joshua Van, Wow, No, thanks, gonna get juicy. We're gonna put the rest of the one thousand.
Speaker 4: Is that no, fifteen hundred dollars wall upon event?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, there you go, yeah, fifteen So uh yeah, let's go.
Speaker 4: Well, I can tell you guys now that when I'm calling the Comaine event this weekend, I'm gonna be thinking of Yanni the gree Krelis, and I'm gonna be thinking about Kenny Floran because you guys are on different sides.
Speaker 5: Yes, if you look at your screen as we speak right now, it's exactly ten thirty five am Pacific time, with Kenny confirming to me the Amassol side, that screen probably just lit up. I just amassolved right now. And if you're looking at your live on screen right now at ten thirty five am Pacific, I'm pretty sure that I just lit that screen off. That sharp account. Yeah, just moved.
Speaker 4: Sharp as attack as always, Yanni the Greek, be sure to follow this man on Instagram. We look forward to seeing you in Newark, New Jersey. My man travels safe. Thank you so much for the best, Thanks for having me. Very best luck to you this weekend. There he is, Yanni the Greek corralis with us here on the Anakin Florian Podcast. Just fascinating stuff from a gambling perspective for UFC three twenty eight and yeah, Van and tyre Man just is gonna be absolutely fascinating. All right, Our final act today, What if I told you a short sixty dollars investment could land you a sixteen hundred dollars UFC card. Welcome to Homo Fyte repackspower by Collectibles dot Com. So if you've been watching the show, you know how this works. You open your pack and inside is an authentic graded UFC card. From there, the choice is yours. You can keep it secured in your vault. You could ship it to your home collection, or you can sell it back instantly to collectibles dot com. I actually had a big hit on Bruno Fhajeda last week, sold it right back, doubled my money for two more repacks. If you love MMA, if you thrive on anticipation, if you appreciate championship level stakes, this is your moment. Go to Homo Fyte cards dot com or download the collectibles app and get it on the action. Because sometimes the biggest win and don't happen inside the octagon. All right, we have logged into Kenny Florian's account. I noticed you got a little cash balance there. I don't have a cash balance at all. You got two cards today, my man, Let's see how it goes.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 4: Maybe one of us will get a chimayav card. Oh imagine that during this year UFC three twenty eight week. God, look at Kenny's balance. You could buy a million of these things.
Speaker 3: Far What do we got?
Speaker 2: What do we got?
Speaker 4: Justin Kasey, Yeah, so you paid sixty bucks. They're offering you a ninety percent buy back thirty nine dollars. It's a Justin Gaetchee moon Rise PSA nine Okay, So what are you gonna do now? You have a week to sell it back, so you could hold it and sell it back after the show. Could also keep it and give it away to one of our listeners. You could also to see if he beats iliotil Portia, maybe the value goes up.
Speaker 3: Right, what are you gonna do? Well, dude's a legend. I'm gonna keep that. I'm a gay chie fan. I'm gonna keep that one. And then maybe one of our lucky listeners will We'll get that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, So ken Flow is gonna hold on to the twenty twenty four tops all night. Ag card I was gonna go at you if you sold that one back.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 4: Second part of the day for ken Flow. Look, why is his XPR balance so high? I mean, this is insane, mine, I can assure you is not. All right, Let's see what you got No refs, no, no refs, no way, no reps no, certainly not the ref from Karate combat.
Speaker 3: My goodness. All right, what do we got here? Daniels del Hoober? Okay, PSA ten. So Daniel del Hoober PSA ten.
Speaker 4: They're offering you ninety percent buy back on the fair market value, which is like thirty three bucks. They're offering you about thirty bucks. One hooper who really needs to win a.
Speaker 3: Fight, Danny, Danny boy, you know you disappointed me a couple of times I picked you. You didn't come through. I'm bitter about it. I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna be upfront about I'm selling you. Sell Oh, Danny boy, the pipes. The pipes are calling, all right, so can flow pretty productive day on the Homo fte repacks for you. You get the Justin Picci card and we're gonna quickly log into my account. I have had several of my cards shipped home to me. I kept them in the online vault for a while. But I had my jeanwet Lee card and my Alex Panada cards shipped here, not for me. Those are going to be given away to listeners. So at Anti Florine Pod if you want to be a listener, who I give one of these cards away too?
Speaker 3: All right, here we go.
Speaker 4: I am not looking for a Dan Murgleatta card today, not looking for a Herb Deed.
Speaker 3: Fourth all right, Brady.
Speaker 4: A prism oh, okay, sh prism PSA ten Oh, it's a big hit it's the first big hit on the Anakin Flooring Podcast. We had a solid hit last week.
Speaker 3: This is a big hit.
Speaker 4: By back of about one hundred and sixty seven dollars. We are going to hold on to this card and we'll sew this perfect to the show he's fighting on. Yeah, so he's high die prism PSA ten Sean Brady. Oh, we are keeping that good hit and I might actually get him to sign it send it back to PSA. Wow. All right, rookie card tie die. They're telling me, let's go Sean Brickhouse Brady biggest hit.
Speaker 3: All right, And now.
Speaker 4: It's my final selection of the day and we're feeling really good after the Sean Brady whack. Homophyte repacks. Just download the Collectibles dot Com application is probably the best way to go about it, but Homo Fyte cards dot com as well. We're just waiting for this to populate. Yeah, I'm ready to open my Homophyte repacks. I mean, are we gonna go footy two today? We are not gonna go too for two necessarily, although we love them. We love Calvin Cater in the Methuin area. This is a Calvin Cater PSA nine twenty twenty four tops Chrome Gold Refractor, so we'll sell that one back. Cody, thank you again. We're looking to uh to hit for the biggest amounts possible, but thanks to our friends at Homo Fight and the repacks absolutely scintillating. I'm going to a card shop in Armac, New York with my agent next week to get some of my garbage Pale Kids ps eight. All systems go on the card front and we can't wait to see all of you live on pay per view or Paramount Plus as it were for UFC three twenty eight this weekend. Thanks to Jason Anik Ray Long Goo Yannie the Greek R. J Clifford is back next week and we'll be back with you next Monday to recap the piss out of UFC three twenty eight. We will see if han zacchim I have can add to his legacy or will Sean Strickland become a two time UFC middleweight champion. Thanks to our entire team at All the Smoke Fight, Nathan Bronson and everybody on down our live producer Cody Marrow, best of the business. Thank you all for being here. Subscribe to the Nicmplorment podcast YouTube channel and we'll talk to you next week. Until then, have a great day and a better even goodlet