Speaker 1: Scrubbing In with Beca Tilly and Tanya rad and iHeartRadio and two times People's Choice Award winning podcast.
Speaker 2: Hello Hello everybody, we are scrubbing in.
Speaker 3: What happened with that stutter?
Speaker 1: So my it appears that my headphones aren't turned up, so I didn't hear myself, but I, in fact I just made sure my microphone was on and.
Speaker 3: It was it's our first time, first time she has her blanky with her today, everybody.
Speaker 4: Yes, the blankie is out.
Speaker 3: So about a good conversation because I have in my life like traveled with a blankie or like, oh my.
Speaker 1: God, it's okay.
Speaker 3: I have. I have brought a blankie for certain events where I felt like I wanted comfort, right, But as I've gotten older and realized how gross it is to travel said blanket to different spots that are in public facing spots, I have strong opinions about it because are you going to leave that here and it is your blanket for the studio or are you gonna get like take it home, wash it and do that.
Speaker 1: Bring it back every day. Yeah, No, I'm gonna leave it here. I don't really trust leaving it in the studio, so I'm gonna take it with me into my car, leave it in the car overnight, bring it back with me in the morning.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm less. Okay the car. It feels better safe.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not as bad as an airplane, like taking a you know.
Speaker 1: You're blanky on an airplane. Yeah, which I love a blanket on an air I want.
Speaker 3: It's so nice to have. But then once you get to your location, I'm like, I don't I can only want to touch it. Yeah, and then I don't even want to use it all the way back because it didn't get clean unless we were staying at an airbnb and I could actually wash it.
Speaker 1: You know, like hotels don't wash what you lay on. They wash them like once a month or something. What are you talking about those big comforters that you lay on when you're on in an hotel with the sheets, the comforter, the thing on top.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you have the sheet, you have a sheet under you and then a sheet.
Speaker 1: Don't you ever just PLoP onto the bed? I never.
Speaker 3: I don't really lay on a bed.
Speaker 4: You don't PLoP.
Speaker 3: I don't PLoP really crazy, I don't like I don't like being on or in my bed unless I'm freshly showered and have cleanish clothes on.
Speaker 1: Well, same outside clothes in the bed is disgusting.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, that's an absolute hazard, even if like there are who was it someone that I know and love?
Speaker 1: What Paulina what was talking about? Like she gets in her bed. She doesn't have that rule.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, a lot of people don't have that rule. But someone was telling me they travel and don't that they can get off a plane and airport and get into bed without showering.
Speaker 1: It's disgusting, it's so bad. But you know what, my dog's paws that have been all over the urine infested streets, bring those on into my bed.
Speaker 3: You don't wipe her paws off?
Speaker 4: I do, But like, how much is the wiping getting off?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 3: I'm wipe Phoebe's till there's no nothing on the pad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but then it's like in their fur they're kicking up dust.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's all I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, listen, not all of our rules make sense. Yeah, in this life, we all have our own things where we draw a line. I just have drawn my line at my bed and it's a sacred place. And fortunately I have Hayley who has adopted my neuroses around this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm grateful me too.
Speaker 1: My partner has been very respectful of my neuroses as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, and I'm grateful. Which, by the way, he's becoming a TikTok chef.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 3: You know what my dream would be is for Robbie to become a TikTok chef that goes on to next level chef as a social media chef.
Speaker 1: I keep thinking, I'm like, could you beat Bobby Flay? Like that's like what I'm like thinking every day that he cooks, Like, I'm like, are you there yet? There is not a day that's gone by in the last two weeks since he started this like pursuit that there's on Amazon package at our front door with some kitchen utensil that's like so random. Yesterday was a pistol and mortar or what is it called hornar and pestel? What is the like thing that you like, uh oh yeah, grind.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Then there was these little uh these little tiny they're almost like little tiny frying pans to make like the perfect sunny set up egg.
Speaker 3: Oh I've seen those, yeah, uh huh.
Speaker 1: Then uh there was a different some sort of cutting board one day, a different wisk one day, knives. I mean, it's just like every day something new.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's really committed. Yeah, but I'm glad he's filming it because I'm like that. I love watching that stuff and I think it's really his plating and everything he's doing is so beautiful. So I appreciate the effort as to that he's putting into filming it as well for the fans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank myself much. And you're getting to enjoy it, really just enjoying it.
Speaker 1: I told him. I was like, it's literally I'm Nara Smith's husband, like Lucky blue Smith. I'm Lucky blue Smith, Like you are making these meals because your wife it's for her fertility journey, do you know what I mean? Like you, I'm I'm reaping the benefits of this whatever is going on here.
Speaker 3: Well, he's doing it for you, correct, So the benefits are it's for me?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yeah, you're not.
Speaker 3: Really reaping them as much as they're just there.
Speaker 4: Yes, how was your weekend?
Speaker 3: My weekend was good. On Friday. So Haley's album for the movie, she she just went ahead and just decided to write a soundtrack after she finished editing the movie, she said, what else can I do? Oh, I'll write a soundtrack for the movie. And so it's a soundtrack inspired by So there's songs on it that are actually in the movie, and then the rest of it is are songs that.
Speaker 1: Oh, I thought they were all in the movie.
Speaker 3: No, So when you listen to the album, once you see the movie and then you listen to the album, you can kind of see what the scenes like, what they were inspired by. So like Periwinkle Princess because Sonya has like Periwinkle nails, and there's just like different songs that kind of are attached to the movie. So it's a really cool idea because she couldn't, I mean, trying to get music into a movie. I had no idea. It makes me appreciate soundtracks and like the when you hear a good soundtrack, the amount of money that they put put out to get those songs, it's crazy. So anyways, Haley had songs that she had started when she was in high school and was able to like write them for the movie to put in the movie. So anyways, her her soundtrack came out on Friday. And then there's this club. It's this club downtown called Club Nineties, and they have themed nights and they have like a DJ set and then they have a huge screen behind them and it's showing like music videos or edits from like TikTok or whatever. And so we all went but it didn't start until ten thirty at night. So we were all like, how are we going to do this?
Speaker 1: That is diabolical.
Speaker 3: We were all like napping during the day, and then everyone was like, can we come over earlier? Just because I need to get out the out of the house.
Speaker 4: I would need to leave my house before eight pm.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So some people came over and we just had a little drink and played games, and then we went to games. We played the game that where you put.
Speaker 2: The person on your guess yeah, yeah, guess who?
Speaker 3: All right, that really sums it up, so yeah, I guess I've.
Speaker 5: Heard who am I? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Both were yeah, So we did a little who am I? And then we went and it was so much fun. It felt like twenty eighteen, like I felt young. I felt young. And then Taylor Banks goes, is this what people feel when there's like eighties nights? And I was like, why would you say that? Oh? That is dark? But it would be because it's kind of like nineties and two thousands, you know. I mean this theme was girls Like Girls, so it was but two thousands, and I was like, that is twenty years ago. Even though eighties feels like it should be twenty years ago, it's four years.
Speaker 1: Comparing us to the eighties nights is really rude.
Speaker 3: But anyways, we had a great time, and we were up till three thirty in the morning, which is like an hour before you get.
Speaker 1: Up for work, thirty minutes before thirty minutes Like that's so crazy.
Speaker 3: Ships in the night literally, So Saturday we really just like did nothing fully wrought, caught up on Love Island and then important thing, yes. And then yesterday my sister Henk and her girlfriend Morgan came into town from Colorado and it was Hank's birthday, so we had they came in, we went, you know, to in and out, laid out by the pool, and then we went and had dinner last night. So it's been busy, busy social social. Yeah, and today's the premiere day. Today's premiere day or Girls Like Girls the movie. The day has arrived, Yeah, and I'm so proud of Haley, like I'm like you have to realize that regardless of I think it's going to be like a huge success, Like I really truly believe that, just based on people's reactions. But I was like, it's already a success because you got it made. Yeah, it's dinners, and it's beautiful, and it's the actor. The girls are amazing, and it's just I'm just so proud of her and I am. I was like, this is your day, you know, this, this premiere is your day. Yeah, because Friday is when it comes out for everybody else.
Speaker 4: How is she feeling today?
Speaker 3: I think like super excited I did, and anxious and all the things I think. I think today she's trying to just I told her, I was like, let yourself just enjoy today because Friday, obviously you're gonna have big feelings because that's when it's open for everyone to go see you. Yeah, but just enjoy it, like let's celebrate and party and you know, have fun tonight. So it's gonna be great.
Speaker 1: She's like, I have got work to do, I've got pressed to do.
Speaker 3: She's been so busy. I don't know how she does it. I really don't.
Speaker 4: I don't either. I do three things in a day, and I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, whoof three things is a lot? Give yourself more credit? What did you do this weekend? Y'all were social too, We were very social.
Speaker 1: We I don't even know how to like brekface this story, but maybe i'll do when we get back.
Speaker 3: I mean that's kind of early, Oh is it? Yeah, don't do it, don't it's not that good. No, she would have texted me if it was even that remotely juicy. But we did watch the the NBA Finals and that was on was that Saturday? Yeah, Saturday? And I felt sad because I wanted to keep going, really because I thought it was a fun series, Like I loved watching and I kept feeling like the Knicks would be like really behind and then they'd come back and to be exciting endings. And I also wanted the Knicks to win in New York.
Speaker 4: So were they not in New York?
Speaker 3: No, they were in San Antonio, So it was it was so exciting. Obviously it's like amazing because they've been won since the seventies or something, but I was just like, man, how incredible would that have been? Because the game before that when they came back and won, Yeah, yeah, that was crazy.
Speaker 1: Like, so we were at a bar mitzvah during the during the game, and they like literally stopped the music, stopped everything down for the last I'm not really sure how long, but like the last couple of minutes of the game, so like everything just stops. Everybody's just like parked, and they had like a huge screen behind you know, like.
Speaker 4: The DJ boot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, everybody's just watching it. Robb he's like up there with all the kids. And I was like I couldn't care less, Like I literally was like chilling on the couch, just like let's get the music go and let me get back on the dance floor. I'm I don't know why. I just don't care about sports. It's like, really, I.
Speaker 3: Remember what Sincere and Soul are doing right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't be home so I can catch up with my little minions on Love Island.
Speaker 3: Okay, So you don't you don't feel anything watching a game like that where it's coming down to the end and one team's gonna win for the first time when.
Speaker 1: I'm forced to watch it, like I like I had to watch it.
Speaker 4: Whatever.
Speaker 1: That not for your agreement, yes, for my arrangement. This thing called marriage and compromise. I gave him twenty minutes of the game.
Speaker 3: It was the last you run a tight shit. So I did.
Speaker 1: Enjoy seeing that, Like I was like, Okay, this is exciting, but like if I hadn't seen it, I would be neither nor like I'd be fine, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah, But I'm saying, when it's on, you do and you care enough that you enjoy it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not like gonna walk out of the room and stop my feet and like, you know, go to the kitchen like I'll humor him and whatever. But like I just would never be like, let me put the game on. I want to see what's going on in the game. Oh okay, you know what I mean. I did that, Like I want I don't want to watch any of the World Cup.
Speaker 3: Well yeah I don't really. I'm not a big I love I love women's soccer because we love going to Angel City games and it's we're there so it's fun. But I don't know that I could watch soccer on television.
Speaker 1: And I like love, you know me, I like love camaraderie. I love like being on a team, like I love that. So it's like I really want to get into sports, and I've tried so hard and I just like can't.
Speaker 5: We should have gotten to the University of Arizona women's basketball team for short lived.
Speaker 1: Short little I ordered the gear, I was like ready, and then it's just like I just can't.
Speaker 3: I do appreciate that, like once you have a little fixation, you go three thousand percent. But it is it could end in a week. But you have all the stuff that you need if you if you continue to support them.
Speaker 1: The tools of all successful people.
Speaker 3: We should go to one of the Sparks games, the women's basketball because we went after the Pride Parade last week and it was so much fun. And I really do think you. I think being in person, you would have fun.
Speaker 1: I literally just told you I don't care about sports.
Speaker 3: I know what you're talking about on TV. It's a different experience when you're there breathing the same air as the athletes, smelling the sweat.
Speaker 1: Is it though? Yeah, I'd rather like see what's going on with Bryce and Trinity and.
Speaker 3: What you can you can do it all?
Speaker 1: Could you imagine if I had I was walking by my neighbor, like we were walking our dogs to go.
Speaker 3: Poo, and she Pooh, by the way, what pooh?
Speaker 1: Sorry bathroom, but like just pooh without a at least pee at the poop.
Speaker 3: Ye're taking her dog's potty.
Speaker 1: And my neighbor was literally catching up on Love Island on her phone. She was like walking her dog to go to the bathroom. I was like, that's some dedication right there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you got to get it in. I mean, if you miss it a day. I didn't even watch Yesterdays, and I'm like, what happened? You can tell me, But yeah.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 1: I was forwarded through the challenge last night because it was just like so gross.
Speaker 4: I couldn't watch it.
Speaker 3: It was so gros.
Speaker 1: They were like deep throating hot dogs, and I was like, what am I doing? So I fast forwarded through it and to get to like just like the talking part, and then something happened.
Speaker 4: They keep referencing something that happened.
Speaker 1: In the challenge. I'm like, oh, and I have to go back and watch a stupid challenge.
Speaker 3: So you didn't even watch it, you don't even know what happened.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 1: I can kind of put two and two together from what they were like, oh say I finished the episode.
Speaker 3: The challenges put me in a moral dilemma.
Speaker 1: And sometimes like drama happens that much as I was like, I gotta go back now and watch this thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah wait, I do want to talk about Love Island because it made me cry on one of the episodes. But that's weird. We'll take a break and come right back.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: Listen up the Jonas brothers here.
Speaker 1: Our podcast is called Hey Jonas but Fire.
Speaker 3: Since everyone has a podcast, we wanted to as well.
Speaker 1: And we've had some incredible guests so far, and now our good friend Nile Horn is joining the show.
Speaker 3: I was going, boys, hey Nile, that's the same thing with slow Land. Slowlands is not about anything else, really, is it? You know? Or our tastes so good comedy about food? You do the same nick with some of the stuff that you've done. You too, Joe, Drop what you're doing and listen to Hate Jonas on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen to your podcasts. We're back. I even gave you leadway. I was watching you and I still want Okay, so we're watching I guess it was Friday's episode, and mind you, we watched it Saturday after we had stayed up till three thirty, so we're quite tired. I'm going to give myself that excuse. And the end of the episode comes, I mean, Haley cries watching every reality show like The Bachelor. She cries.
Speaker 4: I'm like, yeah, but Love Island is crazy work.
Speaker 3: But spoiler alert, that ending when Gabrielle Gabrielle was talking in Spanish to bea about how he felt about her was really I've never seen. That was a really emotional moment, and she said, thank you for what'd you say? Treating me normal, like making me feel normal, like never like making me feel basically like there was anything different about her. I just thought it was such a beautiful moment that you don't really see on those shows. And I felt like she had had a guard up so so much, and it was the first time that I felt like we saw her kind of you know, he broke through that.
Speaker 1: It's so funny that you felt that way, because I have a Love Island only group chat, and everybody in my group chat was like, crocodile tears, crocodile tears, crocodile tears. Gabes just like putting on a show.
Speaker 3: Oh they don't believe it.
Speaker 1: Mm mmm. But why what Crocodile tears. Crocodile tears. Crocodile tears.
Speaker 3: No, I felt it felt real. It did. Yeah, I felt like it was real. It hit me and it also I also got really upset for soul during the challenge. I felt like angry at everybody. Oh and apparently they were saying, like the editors cut some of the like she got pied even more and they didn't show it or something. Oh, and I just feel annoyed because my my whole thing is, what's the The whole point of the show is that these people come in and they try to find a connection. And she didn't do anything. Oh really dramatic. She just found someone that she was interested and he's playing both sides. I think he's a villain.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's definitely the villain, especially because he's telling Melanie one thing and then doing another. The name of the game isn't like the bombshells are supposed to come and like break couples up. They're just supposed to find so like maybe find someone that's like a little bit single, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Like it's not that's not the name of the game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but when you're talking to someone if they don't say I'm closed off or I'm not interested.
Speaker 1: I mean, the whole concept of the show is like actually insane.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the whole concept is crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, It's like I see the inner turmoil that Kenzie's feeling. I'm just like, I've never dated, Like I've never had feelings for multiple people at once, and I like actually don't know what to do about it. And she's like, I feel like I have to give you the green light to like go ahead with Corbyn, but like I don't want to, but I guess this stupid show like makes me feel like I have to.
Speaker 3: I was dying when she said she's never had a roster because I was like, that is so something Tanya would say, having two guys saying she has a roster.
Speaker 1: That's right, my girl has a ros her.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I just felt I felt bad for Soul. I just there's something that I didn't that I didn't like about that whole thing. And then I haven't watched last night's episode. So what happened in the challenge that what's the drama?
Speaker 4: No, I miss I skipped through the challenge two together.
Speaker 1: Well, something happened with uh Casey and Anaya. They got called out for something. I think like he said, like somebody somebody Zach said that like he's playing it safe or something by being with her.
Speaker 3: Oh, and that really like rubbed her.
Speaker 1: The wrong way. But also you see Casey starts to try to like get with soul a little bit.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, that's gonna be dramatic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then I didn't watch you K last night, which means I'm too backed up from UK. Let me tell you something, watching two together is quite.
Speaker 3: I would say, too too much, too too many, Robby.
Speaker 1: I'm like, is this a cry for help?
Speaker 3: Like it's giving.
Speaker 1: I don't know what it's giving, but like what too simultaneously is is quite the task.
Speaker 4: And yet I can't dump one. I'm not ready to dump one yet.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not ready. I can't cut the cord.
Speaker 3: Well, I believe in you. You can do me a couple more weeks, like it's really not it's like four more weeks basically basically a month.
Speaker 1: I can do it.
Speaker 3: But I was gonna say my opinion on Anya and Casey. I don't really I think she likes him, but I don't feel like she's super into him. I think if someone came in and gave her attention that was more her type. I think she would.
Speaker 4: I think they both are playing it safe.
Speaker 3: Yes, but I think that so far she hasn't had a connection with anybody else, or gotten attention from anyone else, or been pursued by anybody else. So I think she's like, well, I want to stay on the show, you know, I want to be here. And I can't blame her, But I don't feel like either of them are super I'm not like getting romantic sparks flying everywhere. They like each other, and I think they have a mutual respect for each other, but I could see it quickly going in a different direction.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's so interesting because I'm just like, I'm not in love with any of these people. Like, there's not one that I'm like rooting for, Like literally not one. I'm like, send in a bombshell that's gonna blow my socks off, leap. It keeps sending in these.
Speaker 3: It almost feels late in the game to send in a really good bombshell.
Speaker 4: But I'm never too late in the game.
Speaker 3: But even who or do you even be rooting for? In the cast if a good bombshell came in, like who would you want to root for?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. It's yeah in UK, there's a couple that I'm like, I mess with them. I was gonna say with them bleepyy bleep bark, but yeah, I don't know. I'm just like not emotionally invested in with any of these people. And it's kind of like, really, I'm having a tough time with it. But maybe it'll happen. But I didn't want to tell you this story. Speaking of the bar Mitzvah, Jenny Smiley listens to the podcast shout out great bar Mitzvah. But before the party, they do like the service, you know, like where the boy actually is like bar mitzvah.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: And so we went to the service.
Speaker 1: And the rabbi is like, has anybody not seen like the inside of a torah close up? And I was like, I've never seen the inside of a torah close up, you know, like, yeah, come on up here if you haven't seen it, like, let me like show you. I'm realizing as I'm walking up there, I'm realizing all these little like twelve year olds are walking to the stage because it's a bar mitzvah. So it's like the thirteen year old boy and like all of his baseball team and like his friend.
Speaker 4: You know, it's like kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's me and like.
Speaker 4: Fifteen eleven, twelve year olds.
Speaker 1: A rabbit looks at me and goes, that's great. Are there any other adults that I've never seen the tora?
Speaker 4: I was like anyone else?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Just meyy great?
Speaker 3: Wow? Great? Yeah, a little bit about you.
Speaker 1: So I'm just learning about the inside of the tora with these little kids. And the saddest thing is there's like kids that are like super short and.
Speaker 4: They're like behind me.
Speaker 1: I'm like, you think that I would like stand behind because I'm so tall.
Speaker 4: Let the little kids see.
Speaker 3: No, I was right in there.
Speaker 1: Let me learn.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you don't have as much time left as they have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly what am I gonna see that the torah close up like this?
Speaker 4: Ever again?
Speaker 3: Yeah you don't. You probably won't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I did what I had to do.
Speaker 3: Wait, speaking of age, I posted this on Instagram, but for the two thousands night club nineties or whatever. I cut my jeans on the hem on the each side and I used to do that with every pair of jeans. Drove my mom crazy. But they didn't sell them like that yet, so you'd have to buy the jeans with like a flare boot cut or whatever, and then you'd cut the hemn just like a little snip hm. And I was telling Tati and Marla, I was like, look, I cut my jeans like we used to and you know, our youth. And they were like what. And I was like, you know, like you used to get your jeans and you cut them. They're like, I have no idea what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 3: Tony, there's no way. And then and Marla goes, no, I just bought them like that. And I was like, okay, because they're younger than me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so much younger, like.
Speaker 3: Too old? Yeah in the trend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm one year older than you.
Speaker 3: But everyone forget everyone in the DM. They were like, oh my gosh, yes, what how do they not remember? Everyone was very offended for me. So maybe it wasn't a California thing because they're all from California.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely wasn't a California thing because I'm like the youth of.
Speaker 4: A nation, we as.
Speaker 1: A trendsetter of right. Yeah, right, there's a trend, I will try it. Oh my god, which I did? What you know, how like everybody's.
Speaker 4: Wearing those.
Speaker 1: Those like eye patches, like the cool like.
Speaker 3: The roads like under e Yeah, mine weren't even road. They were just like right ones.
Speaker 1: But like these girls in my workout class has always come to wear my workout class with like these like eye patches, and I'm like, oh my god, they're so cool, Like, well, I'm going to be her.
Speaker 3: I don't care, like I'm very much like do you? But are there benefits to doing it in a workout class?
Speaker 1: Not sure, just for the aesthetic. I think just were visuals.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, So I wore.
Speaker 1: Them to pick up coffee over the weekend and I felt like such a dingal in Like I literally was like I just felt like people were staring at me. I did not wear them with confidence.
Speaker 3: Like I suck them and I'm like, how are they going? Well?
Speaker 1: I think about that with these pimple patches people wear, people wear like these like stars over there like pimples, and they're like out shopping at the grocery store. I'm like, I just could never but they're like Haley Bieber does it like it's cool.
Speaker 3: So like, I don't mind a pimple patch though, well an eye patch. I'm just trying to figure out what I would be like you Like, it's like when you wear a hat and you don't normally wear hats.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like you're already looking at everybody's looking at me. They know that I like not enough for these eye patches.
Speaker 3: They know it's performative.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they're like white, like they're not.
Speaker 1: Even like the cute ones with like the little mushrooms on them.
Speaker 4: Like I know, like you should.
Speaker 3: Get some cool ones, like some like the real ones. Yeah, and then see if you feel a little more cooler. Yeah. Yeah, Oh that's so funny. They're like sweating off. That's the other thing. I'm like, how are these girls working out and they're not sweating all?
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 4: I just couldn't be.
Speaker 3: I applaud you for trying, because I don't even know that I could do that.
Speaker 4: There's a trend.
Speaker 1: I'll try it.
Speaker 3: For Tanya to try. This could be a good series. She does it without any help, but we could add add to it. Did you listen to Olivia Rodrigue's album? I know Mark did.
Speaker 1: Well, let me tell you what I really did. I listened to Hailey Kyoko's Girls Like Girls soundtrack.
Speaker 3: That's what we need more of.
Speaker 1: What was your favorite That wasn't heavy rotation, but I did sprinkle in some Olivia.
Speaker 3: But let's go back. What was What are your favorites on Haley Kyoko?
Speaker 1: I need the full soundtrack? Hold on, I can tell you.
Speaker 4: Well, no, I need to look at it. Oh but I think I know, I think I know.
Speaker 3: Starts with Roly Coley and then it goes into nobody should have You but me no.
Speaker 4: Okay, So my number one right now is lungs O.
Speaker 3: Great, that's one of the ones she wrote like started in her youth.
Speaker 1: That is my number one right now. My number two is falling Through okay. And then my number three, well, I'm not gonna even count this one because it's in a league of its own. But the Girls Like Girls from the motion picture version, Yeah to me, Like, I'm just obsessed with that one. But I'm not even gonna put that in the category because like it's obvious. Yeah, I'm gonna go with Trophy.
Speaker 3: Oh I thought you would love Trophy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's my top three.
Speaker 3: Those are really good top threes. I love the whole album. My top three that I love nobody should have you, but nobody should have you but me. I love the intro because it's so cinematic. I love the intro makes me feel like I just like want to run through a field with my wind in my hair.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I also love the girls like Girls motion Picture. I love Dieing for You with Young Miko.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that one's like a like a like surprising sneak up on me.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I love Perry Winkle Princess. I love August's voice. Yeah, the whole album's amazing. Okay, well, based off your quick listen of Olivia Rodrigue and I want to hear Marks because I haven't listened, so I'm interested to hear the top three that I should prioritize.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna take the Cure out of it just because we like dropped out in the Cure we already had. So I'm just gonna take those off because the Cure is really one of my favorites, if not my favorite, it's so I'm just gonna take those out of the running. Stupid song is I'd say my number one You and Me equals Heart Forever, or it's just you and Me equals Heart you plus me heart, it's not equals a heart equals heart.
Speaker 5: Have you heard the song Yeah, you plus me equals a.
Speaker 1: Heart for Oh, you plus me equals You're Right Forever? And then Maggots for Brains. I'd say those are my top three.
Speaker 5: I think you can't go wrong. The song of this album is really really great, more than sour. I mean, it's tough because it's a different vibe, the rock chick vibe she was going for. Originally, she's very eighties new wave. In this album, it's very like I mean, look, there's a song called The Cure drop Dead references the Cure. There's a song with Robert Smith from the Cure. Two or three songs sound just like the Cure. So it's heavily Cure influence, where the other stuff was, you know, more like yeah, more of a never sound. So anyway, I would have said, if you'd asked me first, I would have said, stupid song and you plus me equals the Heart. I think those two are singles, and I think they're both.
Speaker 3: Smashing songs of the summer.
Speaker 5: I think there's potential for either of those to be sold. Whatever they want to release next could be songs. This Wow, because those are both really really great. What's wrong with Me with Robert Smith is really really good. That's what my kids are really into. And I thought Honeybee and Less are just beautiful.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I was saying I saw a Honeybee edit to girls like Girls scenes from of like Maya and Maira or Sonya and Coley to Olivia Rodrigo song. So we're just getting crossovers left and right, left to see community being represented, just like.
Speaker 4: Women women helping women Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Women lifting women, yeah, w l W women lifting women exactly.
Speaker 1: Oh, but yeah, it's pretty good. I'm gonna give it a couple more listens, but I just like, I was really entrenched in Haley Kyoko's soundtrack this weekend, and so that's where my my like Legions lives. Yes, but I did give it a couple listens to Olivia.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna I'm gonna get into it because I love Olivia Rodrigo, love her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's a little cutie.
Speaker 3: I was thinking about this for you as just like some suggestions just based on what your activities have been lately. But I'll do that when we come back. We're back, Okay, So there there's some things that happy couples do in the evening instead of watching TV. And I know that when you've got two seasons of Love Island and barbecue brawl, Like, I know, it's hard to find other activities.
Speaker 1: But I just wanted to brawls just once a week, so it's not that hard to digest, Okay, okay, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: I just wanted to see if y'all do any of these things outside of watching TV.
Speaker 2: Hit me take walks together. Yeah, you'll do tikewalk. It took a very long walk this weekend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, y'all really did. I was thinking about how long that walked. When you told me you went from your house to the Maybourne I was like, that was a really long jaunt.
Speaker 1: For ye Hilly, we don't go back up ober home.
Speaker 3: That is so funny. I've always thought about that when you talk about walking to dinner, the walk back up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, because that's the thing.
Speaker 1: We'll like walk, we'll have dinner, and then by the time we're done with dinner, it's like dark, so then we'll just like uber hup.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah that's nice. Okay. Well, getting outside for some fresh air can help reduce stress and overall well being. Like Haley and I, if we're both just in one, we're like, let's go for a walk, and it calms calms us down so much. Yeah, cook her bike together. You're more of like a watch and eat. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I do offer to help him, and when he says, yeah, you can help me, I'm always.
Speaker 3: Like, why did he take me up?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I wash the parsley and while man, not the butter lettuce, anything but the butter lettuce.
Speaker 4: Those things are dirty as hell.
Speaker 3: I hate washing the producing chopping it.
Speaker 1: Why don't you buy the pre washed butter lettuce. He buys the butter lettuce. That's like all in a head and then it's all dirty.
Speaker 3: You have to wash peace by peace.
Speaker 4: I'm like, what are you.
Speaker 5: Saying that he on a typical night when you're not helping, he cooks a new cleanup.
Speaker 4: Right, yes, And so that's still like and you were.
Speaker 5: Complaining here the other day that he uses every dish imaginable.
Speaker 1: Literally he uses like.
Speaker 4: Who's like hamburgers.
Speaker 1: Who'll put the raw patties on, like three of them on the plate and then like we're having six, so I'll have two separate plates for the raw. Then he'll get other ones for the clean So that's like four plates right there. Everything has its own new dish. We had, uh we barbecued yesterday. There are six of us and I had like not paper plates but like not plastic because they're biodegradable, but you know, like those like wooden plates or whatever to not to like try and like minimize the dishes that I had to do after And yet I walk into the kitchen and I'm like, it's just piles of just the utensils and the things that he uses spice.
Speaker 5: Every little eating gets its own separate dish.
Speaker 1: Yes, everything is in its own little dish.
Speaker 2: I'm like, babe, I'm like that too, though, But how old are you supposed to do it?
Speaker 3: You don't want touching, I know.
Speaker 1: And you don't want it's like, you know, you can't tell the chef how to cook, you know what I mean, Like I gotta let him cook.
Speaker 3: So like so you're you got big dish dish duty when it's time to clean up.
Speaker 4: So can I tell you something that's life changing?
Speaker 1: But I am thirty eight years old and I never and I do dishes like I'm like the dish girl, you know, like he'll do the dishes, but like really like they're they're my load. I just started using gloves. Do you know how amazing dish washing gloves are?
Speaker 3: No, I've never had them, Becca, Damn, we're old.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this podcast is really turned into something, hasn't it.
Speaker 3: I am anxious because I also am the dish girl.
Speaker 1: So I'm please send me the way. Do I have the gloves? I put my initials on the glove.
Speaker 3: Just gross.
Speaker 1: I put my initials on the gloves so that nobody else uses my dish gloves because I love them that much.
Speaker 4: Are they the yellow gloves? Yellow rubber gloves?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 4: No? No, no, no, no no. But I'm like, why have I gone my whole life?
Speaker 1: Now I can wash the dishes with scolding hot water and not feel the thing. It's amazing And the grip, yes, flying out of this is the best invention ever.
Speaker 3: God, I've mixed emotions about this show.
Speaker 5: Is Hey, I got a hot date tonight. I'm interviewing Harry Styles. I'm living the life.
Speaker 3: And I'll interviewing her. Yeah, if you know, she's still interview her cells. But now we have dish gloves too, Like we have a multitude of rain.
Speaker 1: You know what Mark, being in your twenties and dating doesn't make not being in your twenties and dating doesn't make you less interesting.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I was.
Speaker 5: Looking at Lolo, nineteen year old Lolo in the back room station the dishwasher gloves conversation.
Speaker 3: Well, she that's something she should know about because she can keep her hands yep, my god, I've probably took ten years hands.
Speaker 4: I want to use these gloves.
Speaker 3: And I started doing this like this is helpful for all ages? Really this? Yeahashion?
Speaker 1: And you know what, Mark, I think I'm still as interesting and as fun as when we started this podcast.
Speaker 5: I did not mean to suggest, all right.
Speaker 4: It's what you imply for.
Speaker 3: Have you all played the game? The guests who game that we played on the podcast. Have you and Robbie just dabbled in that together? No? Okay, well, Haley and I certainly have.
Speaker 4: And the funny part does seem like it'd be fun to play.
Speaker 3: The funny part is that when it's just two people, you could just have someone in your head. It's because it's that guess it's like twenty questions, right, yeah, And so we had them on our heads and they keep kept falling, and then she goes, wait, why are we Look, we both know the person we chose, so why do we need to have it visual?
Speaker 1: Oh right, all right.
Speaker 3: So anyways, that's a good one, but it says play a two player game together. So y'all play cards, y'all. Y'all are very active in the game community.
Speaker 2: We are gamers coming up taking dance lessons.
Speaker 1: NASA tournament on Wednesday night, Oh attorney.
Speaker 5: Yeah, for yourself and the tournament. Sorry, I'll be quiet.
Speaker 2: Mom thinks that me aging means I'm boring.
Speaker 5: It's like your rose Ennyland from The Golden Girls. At this point talking about diswasher gloves.
Speaker 1: And always being an old soul, I've always been like I think it's true.
Speaker 3: Like for I remember she was even during her dating. Yeah, she would put her yourself to sleep and we'd be like, Tanya, you you do need to go out, maybe to me like Monger than seven pm to get out there. And she did and here she she earned this spot with her blanky in her lap, yes, and dishwasher gloves. Have you ever taken dance lessons?
Speaker 1: Never? We actually were going to for I couldn't remember if we were going to choreograph like our first dance, but we didn't end up doing it. We felt like it was like too contrived.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you just had to let it flow. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I would love to take dance lessons. Would be so fun.
Speaker 1: Nothing sounds worse to me.
Speaker 3: But you're a good dance I'm not going to dance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you really are. Love you, but I'm not you. I could do the macarena, and that is every dance.
Speaker 3: That I've taught you to do on a TikTok or reil. You do it. Not great, yes you do. You choose the intense spatial expressions and movements, but you pick up the movements very quickly. Anyways, I think you do really well. Do you'll ever do arts and crafts together?
Speaker 1: Not really?
Speaker 3: Maybe that one you could implement, yeah maybe, yeah. Well great, God, y'all are y'all, are y'all seem you're gonna make it. It feels like you're gonna make it. To strengthen your relationship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do want to start cooking for him, though a little bit. It's feeling a little.
Speaker 3: But he loves cooking. I guess it's not like you're like, get in the kitchen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, get in the kitchen and grill and give me some food. Could you imagine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that'd be so funny. Alright after you said you'd give him twenty minutes of TV time, I'm like, yeah, I guess I could imagine you saying that scary, that's a.
Speaker 4: Rigid like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, it just kind of happens to work out that way.
Speaker 3: Do you have your outfit for tonight for the premiere? So?
Speaker 4: Yikes, I have an outfit.
Speaker 1: I haven't tried it on, which does worry me a little bit because it's like a cape, so it could be really bad and if it doesn't work, then I'm screwed.
Speaker 3: I love the cape.
Speaker 1: Look like pants, like a flowy wood no, tight tight cape, tight cape around my arms, kind of like mummy, like a mummy.
Speaker 3: Like a British mum.
Speaker 1: Oh like a mummy, not mummy, No mummy, a mummy.
Speaker 3: That's what your cape looks like.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh it's cute though. Yeah, I'm not describing it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, no, no, I I think that you have really upped your game in fashion.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Used I used to have to tell you to buy your skirts and dresses the right size because Tanya would not buy the like. There are certain things where you can wear it loose and bag like this shirt, you know, like you can get a looser, bigger size if you want it to be oversized. But she would get a tight dress and dress that was supposed to be body con tight. Two the size is too big because it was more comfortable. And I'm like, yeah, well a nightgown also would be more comfortable, So might as well just do that if you're gonna sacrifice.
Speaker 1: I never used to wear clothes that fit me. It's so weird. Yeah, but clothes that fit you are so uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: I know. But like when I am getting ready for an event, I just assume I'm not going to be comfortable.
Speaker 4: Oh I know, it's such a drag, but I.
Speaker 3: Don't think about it once I'm out. You know, I wore that. I wore a corset top on to the thing on Friday night, and it pushed my boobs up so high that everyone I had multiple people asked if I got my boobs done.
Speaker 1: I thought you would look like you got your boobs done, and I was like, no, my top is so tight that they had nowhere else to go.
Speaker 3: And when I took the top off, my ribs had like a bruise. On them from the boning of the corset.
Speaker 1: You know what's so so Like, I just think I'm at this age where I'm just tired of it. Like I'm always cold. I have a blanket in the studio, Like I never wear tank tops because I'm always freezing.
Speaker 4: Okay, so I know this about myself.
Speaker 1: I'm always cold. And yet I'm going to a bar mitzvah that's at night outside and I'm wearing this like it's it's cocktail attire. So I'm like, I wear a dress, but I know that I'm gonna be effing cold. And guess what happens when I get there. I'm freezing.
Speaker 4: And I got to that yeah, and I.
Speaker 1: Thank god they had merch shout out Jenny, and I put that sweater right on, and I was fine. But I was like, why do I not dress to make myself comfortable? Do you know what I mean? Like, I'm like, why am I not investing in like some nice slacks and like a cocktail top?
Speaker 3: Do you know what I mean? Yeah?
Speaker 1: But done are the days of me needing to wear dresses all the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you can still wear if you like to wear a dress, you can still wear a dress, but.
Speaker 4: I don't want to be cold, but anymore.
Speaker 3: Like a scarf for something that you put around your shoulders, wearing clothes, toed shoes, the sandals.
Speaker 1: And while I'm here, I'm going on a heel free summer. No more inches above two on my foot until September.
Speaker 3: Kin's only kin's only kin heels are flats are bus Yeah.
Speaker 1: Kitten heels flats sneaks, Wow, jellies, whoa two inches? Two inches? I'm done.
Speaker 3: I don't pee. For people who don't live in southern California, it will be like blazing hot during the day and then it drops significantly.
Speaker 1: Yes, it was like fifty degrees on Saturday night. I'm in this like little slinky lace dress with sandal open toad shoes like a chump.
Speaker 3: Maybe you just need to bring a bag with some close toad shoes and slacks and the top, just so you're cozy. Robbie didn't have a jacket that he offered you.
Speaker 1: He did offer me his jacket, but then I looked at him and he looked cold, So then.
Speaker 4: I feel bad.
Speaker 3: You all might need to bring just some heating those little heating.
Speaker 4: Pads you can stick it up at the bottom of my feet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, some hand warmers.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, like I'm so insane.
Speaker 1: But like they say, when you're like trying to conceive, to keep your feet warm, Like they say, warm feet is a warm uterus and that's what you want. So I've been like obsessed with keeping my feet warm for the last year. So I like do not like going out at night with like my feet exposed, because I'm like, I'm supposed to keep my feet warm.
Speaker 3: You does your brain ever just shut off? Ron?
Speaker 1: It doesn't.
Speaker 3: I think you're okay to have some open toe shoes at night.
Speaker 1: I was trying to like describe this to Robbie over the weekend because I'm like, I think it's just so different for me and for him. You know, Like I'm like I cannot turn it off. It's constantly in the back of my head.
Speaker 4: Yeah, everything that I do.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, some we can't relate me and Robbie.
Speaker 1: No, some people can.
Speaker 4: A lot of people can't.
Speaker 3: Oh wait before we go, Haley did this like streight interview thing in New York, and she said something about how one thing she likes to do is like when I'm taking a bath, She'll come and sit like just with the toilet like clothes, but like sit on the toilet and talk to me. She was like, I'm CODE dependent and I like just like to sit there. Well, we're not taking a bath together, but becka second bath and I'm sitting there just to be in the room with her. And someone commented was like, Hailey is so tawny I code. I was like, true, so true.
Speaker 1: Robbie left it like it was Sunday morning and he woke up straight out of ben like went to the grocery store to get groceries for his barbecue brawl.
Speaker 4: And I texted him maybe it was not for twenty minutes.
Speaker 1: I was like, I miss you. He's like, be home in twenty.
Speaker 3: He's like, please gotta get the goods for your dishes for you to do dishes for.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's tough being Haley and I.
Speaker 3: Well, I can't wait to know y'all are so loved. Y'all both have a really great situation in great partners.
Speaker 4: That's true that period.
Speaker 3: Clocket, Well, we will be leaving now, but we will be back back on Thursday with dear Bonia, and I think we're going to do the Guess who game again. If we're feeling wild. Yeah, so stay tuned for that and we love you so much. Let's be back Thursday. Bye.