Speaker 1: First Date follow Up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at Advocates Law dot com.
Speaker 2: Allegra is on the phone today for a first day follow up. She's getting ghosted by a dude named Harold. So in a few minutes, we're going to call him and see if you'll tell us why he's ghosting her and maybe get her another date. But first, Allegra, how long has it been since you heard from him?
Speaker 3: Oh? Man, it has been about twelve days already.
Speaker 4: How many times have you tried to reach out to him in the twelve days?
Speaker 5: A few?
Speaker 3: Like, I'm not going crazy, but I've spent a few texts on a few different days and I haven't heard a response since our first date ended.
Speaker 1: Actually, okay, well let's go back to that. Want to tell us about your date and how it ended?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I have quick a typical date.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: We decided to meet up for drinks, and we were having such a good time that we actually ended up getting dinner, had some good Italian food, then we had a large drink.
Speaker 5: So it was a good date.
Speaker 3: Like it was definite hours.
Speaker 4: Okay, that would make me feel like it was a good date.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, okay, definitely liked me, like he was really into it.
Speaker 5: So how do you know that?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, first of all, you don't stay several houries if you're not feeling someone, you know, and his body language was into me. The conversation was blowing, like, you know, he sent me a really nice text when he got home at the end of the day. He just hasn't been responded to since then, and that's why I'm like, something's up, Like it's just not adding up.
Speaker 4: So he texted you when he got home. What did he say?
Speaker 3: He guess said that he had a great time and to have a good night, like very typical. You know.
Speaker 1: Was there any talk about a second date while you were on that date, like oh, that'd be fun for us to try next time, or any kind of subtle hints like that.
Speaker 3: We said comments like that multiple times, like oh my gosh, you haven't seen that movie. I'll totally go with you again, Like oh my gosh, that happened, let's do that together. So we didn't specify like a second date, but we definitely had the vibe of seeing each other again.
Speaker 2: And there's nothing that you can think of on the date that happened that could have been awkward.
Speaker 3: I mean nothing was awkward. We are very different. He you know, he's kind of like a buttoned up dude that's taken life pretty seriously, and I'm kind of the opposite. Like, don't get me wrong, I have my stuff together, but you know, I'm care free. I like to have fun. But I don't know, I don't really think that was an issue. I feel like he was really into me, and I made it clear that I am very into him, Like very What.
Speaker 4: Do you mean. I made it clear.
Speaker 3: Like I'm basically attracted to him, but I let him know, like he's my ideal type of guy. Like it's really hard to find a guy that you're attracted to physically that also has their stuff together, Like he is making a life for himself. He shared that he kind of grew up in a bad situation and now he's made a life for himself. And that's why that checks all my boxes. That's what I'm looking for.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 4: Do you think maybe it was like too much for him?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 3: You know, I don't know. I mean that's why I need your help. Like to me, we balance each other perfectly. But you know, maybe he's feeling a different way, and after he thought it about things, he decided I'm not a good fit, but I really think that I am, so I need your help.
Speaker 1: Did you tell him that he checks all your boxes?
Speaker 3: I didn't say that specifically, but I mean I did let him know, like, man, this is impressive, like I'm really digging what he's doing in life. He also kissed me goodbye, and it wasn't something that I was encouraging, Like, I mean, I wanted to kiss him, but I wasn't going to force that on him. I mean, he pulled me in and did not let me go when we were hugging, and the kiss was excellent. So again the chemistry fully there.
Speaker 1: Was it an open mouth kiss or a closed mouth kiss? That's important to know, like.
Speaker 3: It ten minute open mouth kiss?
Speaker 4: Oh okay, so that was like makeout girl.
Speaker 1: I would have already showed up in his house after all of this twelve day I'll let your tongue in my mouth.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, we'll try to figure it out for you.
Speaker 2: Then play a song, come back and then call him and see if he tell us why he's ghosting you, and get you another day if you still want one.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, Okay, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: All right, well, plas don't come back and get your first day follow up next right in the middle of your first day follow up if you're just joining us, Alegra is on the phone, and it's been twelve days since she heard from Harold, the guy she went on a date with, and now we're about to call him and see if he'll tell us why he's ghosting her and maybe get her another date. But before we do that, Allegra, why don't you catch everybody up on your situation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So, like you said, this guy Harold and I hit it off. We had a great first date. It ended with an amazing kiss, and I really think there's potential for this to be something. However, Harold isn't responding to text messages anymore.
Speaker 2: All right, well you ready for us to call him and see if he'll tell us why he's ghosting you?
Speaker 6: Yes, all right, here we gold.
Speaker 2: Hey, Harold, how are you? I'm calling from a radio show. It's called the Jebel Show.
Speaker 4: How are you, hi?
Speaker 3: Harold?
Speaker 4: The whole show's here too. My name's Nina, Hi, and I'm Victoria. I'm pretty good. So did you hear where we're calling from. Yes, okay, this is so formal. Yeah, are you at work?
Speaker 5: If I am, but I have a moment I may help you.
Speaker 4: We're calling from.
Speaker 2: So it's a radio show called The Jebel Show, and we do a segment on our show that if somebody gets ghosted from a date that they went on, that person can email them to get them on the phone and ask why they're getting ghosted. And so we got an email about you from someone who listens to the show.
Speaker 5: And who is this?
Speaker 4: Her name is alegra.
Speaker 5: Yes, okay, yes, I understand.
Speaker 2: All right, do you would you mind telling us why you're not calling her back? She said, it's been twelve days since you guys hung out, and she really.
Speaker 5: A moment.
Speaker 7: It's to be truthful with you. She was a wonderful girl. I had a great time with her. Headed off, I was attracted to her. I hope she was attracted to me. But in the interim and in all said and done, honestly, she was too hot. She was absolutely too gorgeous of a woman. And I've learned coming.
Speaker 5: Up, I please hear me out.
Speaker 7: I've learned as a man coming up the way I have from poverty to being an environment that the good looking girls are too high, Makenance. It's almost like a dream. That's that's too good. You cannot you can't. There's no way to sustain that type of relationship with a good looking woman. You need what they call back in my days. And I'll go, I've married the one. You don't marry the ones.
Speaker 5: That you like. You marry the ones that like you. It's safer. It's safer, unstimutely safer.
Speaker 4: You Yeah, I don't know about that, sir.
Speaker 1: This sounds a little bit old fashion, not even that's not right.
Speaker 7: And honestly, I'm looking for someone who is to be truthful, to be blunt. It's not as high Matenance's she Okay, you know what?
Speaker 5: I ast you to.
Speaker 7: Give you more information, and this is what both men won't tell you. It is an insight into someone's insecurity. I will admit this, but at the same time I can also address it to the point saying, you know what, I can't sustain that I like her.
Speaker 5: She's great. She's absolutely great. If this even makes sense, she checked all the boxes on my side. It was wonderful.
Speaker 7: But the glaring reality is that she is absolutely gorgeous, possibly even too gorgeous for me.
Speaker 5: I'll even go as far as.
Speaker 1: Say that, so this isn't really about the high maintenance so much. Is that maybe it's a way to protect yourself from her being stolen away by somebody else because she's so hot, or having other people look at her.
Speaker 7: That is a great possibility, in great possibility that concerns me. I'm not gonna lie to here.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, thanks for being honest. I appreciate it certainly.
Speaker 5: Thank you for your time.
Speaker 2: If you can hang on one second. Alegra is actually on the phone and she's been listening and wants to talk to you.
Speaker 3: I am.
Speaker 1: With you.
Speaker 5: Hello, How are you have you been?
Speaker 3: I've been sad because I've sent you a few messages and I've been over here thinking that I was not pretty enough for you. Come to find out, I'm not ugly enough.
Speaker 7: If you heard everything you it's no, it's no struck against you. It's as I was man have to say. It could be in the area of an insecurity upon on my poet, what I've seen my other friends go through. I don't want what hurts me the most it is for me to fall in over with you, and you would you betray or treat me and cheat on me because I don't do.
Speaker 5: Well with pain. I don't. I build up a wall and I try to operate behind.
Speaker 7: It, and you you shread it, you swead it.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna get emotions. I'm sorry.
Speaker 7: I know you don't know the part of me, but that's that's pretty much how I have a right and that's that's why I I.
Speaker 5: I do. I would not be able to to.
Speaker 7: To maintain myself adequately if someone I liked so much and was so beautiful it hurt.
Speaker 5: Me in that way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, here's the though. Heroes like, I'm hoping that the beauty you see on the outside is also the beauty you'll see on my inside because I'm not that girl. I'm not the type of person who thinks looks are so important that I'm going to go run to the next good looking guy that gives me attention, which, by the way, you are so hot, like yeah, I don't understand. Like woman, it's not just your look, it's the whole package, and you got it.
Speaker 5: Thank you, thank you. I appreciate that. I do.
Speaker 2: You know, Harold, Uh, you shouldn't stay closed after stuff just because you want to know, well, you think and I go would be better.
Speaker 4: It doesn't make it safer.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's always scary when you like nobody.
Speaker 5: No, I agree, I agree, it's it's it's blue hard. You know it's blueheard.
Speaker 7: Have you seen a lot of you've been hurt before, and you've seen a lot of betrayal from your friends, and that what's happened to them.
Speaker 5: Its kind of comes shut you down a little bit.
Speaker 7: And and you're right, I shouldn't be that way. I shouldn't because she's great. Shee great, Allegra, You're great.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well then Harold, would you like to go out with Allegra again on another date?
Speaker 5: We'll pay for it, Yes, I will say this, Alegra. I don't need their money but to go on the day with you, So.
Speaker 2: We don't have to pay for it, but you'll go on another day.
Speaker 5: I definitely call them a man. You know, I have to keep that image of.
Speaker 3: I'm going to go on a date.
Speaker 5: It was really nice to hear from me.
Speaker 4: It's a ride.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think that if we go on another date, your insecurities are going to go away. Like I'm I'm here for this.
Speaker 5: Good. I think I need some money to be here. For that.
Speaker 4: Oh yes you do, Harold.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't take something away from yourself because of things that have happened outside of you, you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you're right, you're right.
Speaker 4: But really you don't need to pay for the meal.
Speaker 7: Put it.
Speaker 5: I'll put it in writing. I'll put it in writing as well.
Speaker 4: You will the first date follow up