Speaker 1: Hi, Welcome back to the Carol Martha Show on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: My guest today is Keisha King.
Speaker 1: Keisha is host of The Keisha King Show and the founder of the Mass Exodus movement.
Speaker 2: Hi, Kisha, is so nice to have you on.
Speaker 3: Hey, Carol, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: So you and I were very much in the school trenches together over the last few years. I have been such a fan of yours and we've met on a number of occasions. I think you're just terrific. How did you get into this world?
Speaker 2: What made you go be an activist?
Speaker 3: Well, first some we say thanks for having me on. I love everything that you've done as well the book everything that you're quoted of.
Speaker 2: My book I interviewed you.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's right, that's right, And I was one of the first purchasers. I must say, as.
Speaker 2: Gone, thank you, very appreciated.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. Yeah. So I got into this world a little bit differently than most people. I think it was a kind of a spiritual experience. I was having a conversation about BLM with a close family member and I said I was going to go look up the statistics on the unarmed black men and police interactions and looked it up and I was completely blown away. It was like less than ten and I didn't really know what to make of it, because you know, there were all these riots. Why are all these riots happening when clearly there's more of an issue with black on black crime, and so just pondering the stuff, I started doing more research, found doctor Thomas Soule, Walter William's Milton Friedman, and my mind was just completely blown away. I was sitting on my couch. Fast forward a few months later, and the Lord spoke to my heart and told me that my skin color had become an idol in my life, and it just it changed my life. I felt like ten thousand pounds had been lifted off of me. I really truly felt free. I don't know how many people know the the oppression narrative that you're born into. You know, it's a black American I mean, you hear everywhere. And with God telling me this, it was just, you know, it was life changing because he was pointing me back to this is who I said you are, and it just gave me confidence and reassured me and just pointed me back in the right direction. And then I felt sort of this, you know, usher ushering into politics, and I'm like, no, thank you, Like I got the revelation like all that other stuff. I'm cool, I don't really want to go into that world, right, but I couldn't.
Speaker 2: You're like this, I'll just stop here, thank you.
Speaker 3: That was enough, exactly, And so I just started getting involved locally. And then I worked for the RNC during the twenty twenty Trump campaign and that's when all the school stuff happened. So I'm you know, reading just my life has like just completely, you know, blown apart at this point, because.
Speaker 1: Right I was gonna say, did this make make you very popular in your world?
Speaker 3: Your not so much? Not so much. So you know, I'm like, that's why I didn't really want to go into all of that, but you know, I just couldn't help it. Anyway. I had read all of this, you know, all these books and and come across critical race theory, and I didn't even know at the time it was even a thing. I thought it was just you know, people talking about it, like this is happening here and there maybe. But my oldest daughter was asked what pronoun she wanted to go by, and the first day of her eighth grade year and Carol, we go way back. I yeah, no. And then same teacher a few months later comes back and asks the kids, or is rather telling the kids that they're oppressed based on their skin phone. So, you know, I was not having it. And it was just I was going to school board meetings. I honestly thinking I could just go down there because clearly they just need to know that parents to what their children to be thought of themselves as oppressed and they're going to change all this nonsense. They didn't don't like.
Speaker 2: That, no, all right, So what did they What did they say? What did they tell you?
Speaker 3: They didn't want they didn't want to hear us. They did not want to hear anything that we had to say.
Speaker 2: But the fact that there wasn't us was there more than just you?
Speaker 3: Yes, So Moms for Liberty was like sort of bubbling at the time because they were upset about what was going on with their children as well. And so I was asked to be a part of that, and I was like, no, thank you, okay, and but eventually I did join. So yes, So there was a group of parents which was very you know, welcoming and encouraging and you know, letting me know that I wasn't alone and feeling like, Okay, this is not crazy. I'm not crazy for you know, hearing these things and being upset by it. Anyway, I ended up getting involved with Monster Liberty, became their spokes mom, and just started speaking around the country on critical race theory and how it was a detriment to not just Black Americans but all Americans because we're not trying to be judged by our skin color. Like we did that already, Thank you very much. We're done with that, dude.
Speaker 1: So any regrets about getting into all this, like you could have had just the easy, peaceful life and not done this.
Speaker 2: Do you wish it had gone differently?
Speaker 3: I don't. You know, that's a great question. I don't regret any of it. I mean, I've had the death threat I've had, you know, people try to lunge at me, to attack me, men at that, you know men. Yeah, it's been I've had some pretty crazy instances or incidents rather and no, I don't regret it at all. I would do it all over again. And matter of fact, I'm double down on everything that I've ever seen because you know, just everything that's going on in our country, it's too much. If we don't speak up about it, we're going to have more. So, you know, no biggie to get involved.
Speaker 1: So what's next on the horizon for you? What battles are you fighting now?
Speaker 3: Well, so right now I feel like we are. We've been so so much, so many lies have been thrown at Americans. You know, we're so blinded with deception. So my goal is just to try to help people see the truth, like what is really happening? And let's try to, you know, dig a little bit deeper and see what the root of some of these things that we see in the news. What's the root of this? And a lot of times you see it's a lot of Marxist communist tactics and just infiltration. So that's my goal to help enlighten people who see what's going on and try to show them like, Okay, here's where these things come from. Because I think it's a bigger conspiracy honestly than we realize.
Speaker 2: What does the mass epsodist movement do?
Speaker 3: So what we do is we've provided resources for parents who want to help their kids get out of the public schooling system or into charter schools. We have resources on there to show parents what to do, like the steps that they need to take to get their kids out of the public the government in doctrination camps as I like to call them, if there are any other available options in your state, showing you how to navigate that. There's different websites that we have there. Basically it's a resource for parents because you know, every state is different. It's hard to you know, pinpoint everything, but it kind of gets you going in the right direction. If you want to take that leap and pull your kids out.
Speaker 1: Is that Are you seeing a lot of people wanting to do that right now?
Speaker 3: We have seen millions of parents pull their children out of these government and doctrination camps since twenty twenty one till now. It is only growing and with school choice being implemented all over the country, parents realize that they want more options when they look and see that these reading scores are not you know, they're kind of just making them up, you know who as your own child, and you can kind of see where they are. You're like, wait a minute, this is not lining up with what I was told on their court part. And so parents are deciding that you know that there's more options, and they are exercising their rights on those options.
Speaker 1: Are you optimistic about the next few years, Let's say, I am.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm just an opti mystic person.
Speaker 1: Same so yeah, but I have to say the last few years I really was pessimistic about America for the first time in my life. I really thought, if this gets any worse like the twenty twenty, you know, twenty twenty, early twenty twenties, the whole pandemic years, the cancel culture, the strict conformity on the left, all of that, I really thought, we're heading in a really dangerous, terrible direction and we might not be able to climb out of it. And so to see kind of the backlash to it now it's nice, but I'm worried.
Speaker 2: I'm still worried overall. But in general I'm an optimistic person.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, And I think it's wise to you know, have that maybe not worry, but just you know, keeping your eye out to see what's going on, what's bubbling up, what is like what the left is up to, because they don't seem to be backing down and this, you know, I wouldn't say it's not a time to kind of, you know, rest on our laurels or anything like that, because we can see with Another thing that worries me is the like all this the rise of the anti anti Semitism, like that has First of all, it's kind of to me came out of nowhere, was like yeah, in the world. And then to see some fellow all used to be fellow, you know, other people on the right starting to chime in on this, Yeah, guy, that makes me concern. A friend of mine who digs really deep into these topics, was telling me that when you see the rise of like anti Semitism, that is like a sign that a nation not doing good at all, and like all of us, that too was new to me, and they were to me like historically, when you have these things, when you have the children being targeted, and you have you know, just group specific groups of people, just yeah, yes, like that is not a good sign. And so historically it hasn't been a good sign, right And apparently it's not a good sign. But I've been trying to.
Speaker 2: Warn people that it's really not about the Jews.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's not good for Jews right now, but it's not about the Jews. It's about a real deep sickness and society. Like the anti Semitism on the right isn't even about I would say, not.
Speaker 2: Really about Jews.
Speaker 1: It's about conspiracy theories and about just falling for the most ridiculous conspiracy.
Speaker 2: Theories out there.
Speaker 1: So I get that people are distrustful of, you know, the narrative or what they've been told, but a lot of the things that are being spread on the right are taking that way too far, and that worries me.
Speaker 3: Also, Yeah, I mean it should worry all Americans. You know, this idea that we can't Yes, we have been lied to, but it's like not about everything.
Speaker 2: Something's actually happened. Dinosaurs existed.
Speaker 3: This was so crazy to me, Like it's like I've described it as like it's like postmodernists or like history. It's like we can just get history, like you know, we we have all the knowledge now, Carol, and so everything that you've learned in the past, that's old, that's you know, that's that traditional stuff. We don't need experts, absolutely, Yeah, anybody is actually studied on anything. We're just because some other experts had been wrong in the past, therefore no expertise should exist.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 3: World is this? Like, this is I don't mean to be it's just dumb, like this just dumb. I'm sorry, Like yeah, it's not smart, it's not even they're not good takes, they're not sensible. It just doesn't make any sense. But because a lot of these people that are saying this nonsense have huge influence, that is the thing that concerns me. It doesn't take much, you know, back to Charles Lindbergh and you know, see what he was doing, thing like same thing.
Speaker 1: We're going to take a quick break and be right back on the Carol Marcowitch Show.
Speaker 2: What keeps you up or what are you kind of concerned with?
Speaker 3: My concern is the ability for so many Americans to be mass sort of indoctrinate, not sort of, but indoctrinated so heavily. That is really because when someone gets indoctrinated, like legit indoctrination, which we see like when you start believing that a man could be a woman and a woman can be a man, like you are fully indoctrinated because that is a complete lie. And it's very hard to break through those types of that type of brainwashing because people really do believed the lie, like it is not a theory to them. Anymore. It's not you know, they have fully internalized this thinking, this world view, and that that to me is concerning because it's like, if we can't speak to you and get through to you, what do we do? So that is the thing that that's on my heart. It's been on my heart for quite some time, which I'm determined to I'm writing a book on this. Oh good, yes, yes, it's so my family. I have a history of cult in my family. Wow, okay, strange. My grandmother actually passed away in a cult. And then I had another family member, a nephew, who was in a cult as well. I've actually interviewed him from my book. He's out now, thank god. But seeing the left and then seeing my family, when I said, you know, okay, I'm not I don't believe in any of these tactics and things on the way, I don't believe this ideology. The way that they responded as a Christian family was very It was jarring to me, and so I'm like, wait a minute, this is not just a belief in a political party, you know, like a support for a political party. This is like beyond that. And so the more I looked into and I was like, this is like a cult. And so I've been just digging and looking and reading yeah, thank you stuff talks that I'm like, is this hyperbolic? But the more I read, no, I'm like, no, this is how cults behave right, So that I you know, there is typically in a cult, there is a like a main character or a main personality, and in this particular stance, in this particular instance, it is the Democrat Party. All roads lead back to this massive institution, and I believe that they have become the biggest cult in American history. I mean, I know that sounds like a pretty Oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm looking forward to reading this.
Speaker 3: Is this sounds really interesting? Well, thank you, thank you. So yeah, I've been working on it for a few years now, and yeah, I look forward to presenting it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll have your back on to talk about it more in depth. But I love that. I think that's a really cool idea.
Speaker 1: What advice would you give your sixteen year old self?
Speaker 3: I probably I would tell myself that it is okay to be you. Oh my gosh, I feel like I'm gonna cry. You did the Oprah thing.
Speaker 1: Cry.
Speaker 3: I still struggle with this, just to be quite honest of being myself, like, this is what I believe, this is what I think, and you know, sometimes it is sort of out of the box. You know, it's not conventional, but I'm hit it has blessed me throughout my life. But at the same time, sometimes I just have a lot of second guessing. So I would tell myself it is okay to be yourself. What God has put inside of you is good and it is good for you to express those things. And yes it may be a little bit different, but that's okay too.
Speaker 2: Is that what you tell your kids? Also?
Speaker 3: I do. I admire my kids, like they old? Are you talking with that? So they are eighteen and sixteen?
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, you don't look old enough to have eighteen and sixteen.
Speaker 2: Year olds.
Speaker 3: Neither. How old is you have?
Speaker 1: My oldest is fifteen, fifteen, twelve and nine.
Speaker 3: So why didn't I remember? You had three?
Speaker 1: Yeah, girl and two boys. The girl really tricked us into having two more.
Speaker 2: She was too easy.
Speaker 3: So yeah, girls are good. Girls are easy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I always tell people if you have any saying it, you know, I have a girl first, and they don't.
Speaker 3: Have to say in it. But you know, jump.
Speaker 2: My joke is if you had control.
Speaker 1: Try to have a girl first, because she really does make the whole operation operate a lot smoother.
Speaker 3: They do. They are so different. My little sister has five boys.
Speaker 2: Wow, oh yeah, it's tough.
Speaker 3: Yeah, drive for the girl. And then they were like, they got a boy instead, and so they were like, Okay, we're dead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 3: They try? They have contributed to humanities.
Speaker 2: That's right. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I when I joke about having a fourth, my daughter's like, I mean I wouldn't.
Speaker 2: I would not have a fourth.
Speaker 1: But when I used to joke about it, yeah, she would be like, well, what if it's another boy, what.
Speaker 2: Are we gonna do? Exactly, They'll be just too many of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's against them at that point exactly.
Speaker 1: Well, I've loved this conversation, Kisha. I think you are fantastic. Leave us here with your best tip.
Speaker 2: For my listeners on how they can improve their lives.
Speaker 3: How you can improve your life. Get in a quiet place and get closer to God. That is what I would say. That's how you can improve your life. The God of the Bible. That is what I believe that has truly guided me throughout my life. And there is no match. There is no match, so that would be my advice. Get in a quiet place and get closer to God. I love it.
Speaker 2: Find God. Thank you so much for coming on. She is Keisha King. Check out the Kisha King Show and we're looking forward to this book. Let's let us know when it's out.
Speaker 3: Will do. Thank you so much, Carol,