Speaker 1: You are listening to the Miami Dolphins Podcast Network.
Speaker 2: This is Drive Time with Travis Wingfield pract.
Speaker 3: To throw to a looking clips about.
Speaker 2: A wide Dolphin touchdown turn recall uncolievable, just blue.
Speaker 4: Fire for a second time. Don'tknew where he was going right away. I want to hit that man.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna help you.
Speaker 3: Someone will keep on your man.
Speaker 2: Away wattle, wadle to a shotgun back to throw looking at them.
Speaker 4: It's up myers touchdown, it's waddle, It's six touchdown, patadown.
Speaker 5: How's the team?
Speaker 2: Drive Time with Travis Wingfield begins.
Speaker 3: Now, let me check your pulse if you're not for.
Speaker 4: What is up?
Speaker 2: Dolph fans and welcome to the Drive Time podcast, part of the Miami Dolphins Podcast Network, covering your team, your Miami Dolphins. How's it going everybody? I am your host, Travis Wingfield. And on today's show, we've got to practice to recap OTA's weekend.
Speaker 4: Or two for us in the media.
Speaker 2: We'll go ahead and talk about all the news and notes from an on field workout. We'll also hear from head coach Mike McDaniel and kind of intertwine the stories of the day, as well as a handful of veteran players from the Baptist Health Studios inside the Baptist Health Training Complex. This is the Draft Time podcast, Mayeff. Let's get into the practice notes right off the top here, and we'll get the soundbites weaved in that match up throughout the episode. We'll start at the quarterback position. Look, I didn't think last week was peak quarterback play, but I thought today was about as close to that as you can get, especially when talking about quarterback one and two a tongue of Iloa, but really between between Skyler and Mike White, I think all looked pretty sharp, and there was a late pick from James Blackman, the undrafted rookie from Arkansas State. Let's go ahead and start here with Tua's day, who I thought was just spinning the football beautifully showed you all the trades that produced some high, high level offense last year for this team. There was a two play sequence, so really, I guess a three play sequence that I thought demonstrated what it is to play at a high level at that position in this league and handle everything that's thrown at you from what is the toughest position in all of sports, in my opinion. First, the one that gets the fans all excited. He found chosen Robbie, chosen Anderson. I'm not it's chosen Anderson on the Robbie chosen on the depth chart, but we'll see.
Speaker 4: But what a shot it was down the field.
Speaker 2: And one thing I really noticed today was Tua's processing and pocket management and how those two facets of the game of the position are really intertwined, not just for him, but for most successful quarterbacks. Right We've heard coach bevill talk about it. We've heard Tua talk about this as well. How the footwork takes you to the throw, and how the timing of the play is really married to the operation of your feet and your eyes working together. And I noticed this in both full team and seven on seven drills. How quickly he rifles through his options, and if it's a quick option first, like he wants to go, you know, catch rock throw first, and it's not there. He gets back into his alignment at the snap where you catch the football and you get into your drop. He deepens the drop to buy more time. But not only does this create more space between him and the oncoming pass rush, which obviously affords you more time, but it allows him to hitch up and drive his throws. And that's what we got on the deep shot to chosen and to me, this entire you know, two sessions of practices here in may have told me the understanding of your skill set and of your game and utilizing different areas of your game to maybe boost the ones that you don't do as well. I think we're seeing a lot of that from Tua. Give yourself that drive up in the pocket to push the ball down the field. Give yourself, you know, quick read options to get too quickly and get the ball out of your hands and live to fight another day. Because you are driving the ball down the field and you're having a lot of success throwing the ball vertically, more than anybody else in the National Football League last year. But you start sprinkling some of those checkdowns and maybe not trying to you know, live for the home run ball all the time. Gosh, you're gonna be tough to defend. So on this deep ball, you get chosen running a deep over like think about a post route. Rather than angling towards the post, you're going more towards the pylom, like continuing that flat plane almost to that front corner of the end zone. So Tua hitches up and brings the rain with this high arcing Russell Wilson style, you know, vintage Russell Wilson style deep ball that falls right between you know, and alligator arms is a bad term for a receiver, but that's how Anderson's hands.
Speaker 4: Were because that's where the ball was.
Speaker 2: So he kind of puts the elbows together and the ball just comes in right over the top of his helmet into the elbows, secures it for a big catch. And the coverage wasn't bad. In fact, I would argue it was good coverage, but Chosen splits the two dbs. I didn't get numbers in the DBS, one right in the hip pocket, but there's no defense for a perfect pass, and the good positioning did allow them to get Chosen right down to the ground after that spot, which, hey boys, let's keep our guy up. But roughly forty five yards or so. And the very next play is the duality of Tua's skill set to me, because here we go for a forty five yard chunk game, which we saw all year last year. Then they bring a rusher. It's like, this is how we counteract that deep drop, right, We're gonna bring pressure and blitz the heck out of this quarterback, which happened a lot in this practice. We saw install blitzing and then blitzing throughout the team period as well. And they brought a rusher who came clean because like, if I don't want that deep drop, I want to get the ball out of his hands quickly, I'm gonna heat him up. And so Tua, this is where he can really pick you apart man. And we saw, you know, a we saw such a drastic dip in sack rate when he's in the game compared to any other quarterback on the roster the last three years. Right, you go from you know, eight percent sack rate without him last year to three point eight percent when he's in the game. It's a huge difference. So for Tua, identify this free runner, identify this blitzer, finds you're hot, drop the arm, sleet, whip that thing out there in one second one, I mean one point five seconds. This was lightning quick. I saw him do this several times a day. So then it like gets you to that conflict for a defensive coach of like, well, do I blitz him or do I not because either way he's cooking it up. If you can do that, you're not going to get stopped in this league. But on the very next play after you just dropped a forty five passed down the field, that's the type of stuff that just keeps you in advantageous situations, gives you more opportunities at big plays, and ultimately scores you more points, which is duh. Obviously the goal. Later on in seven on seven he did something else that I think really makes him an upper echelon quarterback. That little pump to displace a hook or underneath defender, and then quickly like from pump to release, I don't know if anybody's faster, he rifles this laser that you could have hung laundry on, this absolute frozen rope twenty yards down the middle to brax and burials on the hash for a big play. He was quick, he was decisive, the ball was where it needed to be on all but I think I think I had two throws that were off target, and I saw one miss in seven on seven that was just an out and out miss, but another ball and team that was high. And this is what's so funny about too, is a miss is a ball that gets caught. He threw it up over the top of Wattle's helmet, which is not where he wanted to put it, but Jalen climbs the ladder and pulls it down. More on Jalen Wattle here in just a moment. But as for the other quarterbacks, I'm in on this Mike White experience.
Speaker 4: Man, he can play. He's a good player.
Speaker 2: I wonder how much of his knowledge of a similar offense is helping him here because he is playing super fast. There's a noticeable difference between one and fourteen and the other quarterbacks. The balls out early, He's giving guys chances to make plays after the catch.
Speaker 4: And he just looks in control.
Speaker 2: He had a throw to Cedric Wilson that was to a spot with a potential for a defender who was covering a man you know in that area when the ball came out of his hand, And that's the confidence you have to have to play well in this offense because that defender, you know, I guess, for all intents and purposes, could have peeled off their coverage. That's part of Mike White's read there is if he's in man coverage, I know he's not going to peel back sometimes you know, playmakers do that.
Speaker 4: But Mike White with this level.
Speaker 2: Of confidence, you know, it goes back to what I talk about with two all the time, of reading leverage and throwing with anticipation to a spot based upon the knowledge he has from alignment, positioning, the flow of the play that the defenders, you know, movement in that particular play.
Speaker 4: All of that stuff.
Speaker 2: So for Mike White, he throws this ball to a location and by the time the receiver of the football intersect, it was perfect. Like you can't do that if you're late, which you know happens happened last year when we didn't have two in the game way too often. So to see Mike White come and do that, that was nice to see somebody else in the roster really execute those anticipation throws that can maximize this offense and what it does and what it's designed to do. He has a couple of those in both practices I've seen. I feel really good about one and fourteen. Skyler Thompson dropped a dime up top to Brilin Sanders, who tracked that ball very nicely.
Speaker 4: His best throw of the day by far.
Speaker 2: That hes intency in the pocket still there a little bit, and he had another wide open deep shot to Burrios that went a few yards long. There was another throw later on I thought was very good from Skyler where Savon Achmed ran a little route across the defense's face and the ball really met him right out of the break. For a good chunk game against pretty good coverage. And speaking of Savon Ahma, that dude just makes plays. I'm a fan of his game. You know, we saw it last year in the Buffalo game. Really good backup, slash, special teams. Guy that can when you lose backs, come into the game in a pinch and give your production at the running back position. I still think that he's got a future as a player in this league. I mentioned Tua going to Waddle a few times. Wattle has been impressive to me since day number one rookie year. The one miss I mentioned Tua. You know, I think it's it's funny. I mentioned it last week that his misses still wind up completions half the damn time. But Tua's high on this quick throw to Wattle between a pair of defenders on that you know, put the ball on the back of the belly or the belly of the back, pull it out, pop it over the middle. But Jalen on this high throw, full extension, arms reached to the sky, plucks it, pulls it into his body, goes to the ground, makes the catch, secures it, and that thing was a fastball man. Tua is thrown with some zip on all types of throws. Right now, Wattle caught another pass on a route moving away from Tua and it was like a speed out, like you know, quick to the sideline where Cater was in really good shape and tried to drive under it for the pick, kind of like we saw in the Browns game last year with Denzel Ward and Twoo. Just puts this ball high and away, right on target in a position that allows Jalen to change directions fluidly and become a runner after the catch.
Speaker 4: A big play on a relatively short throw.
Speaker 2: I think I had like twenty yards before he even got tagged off up the sideline after turning up and making a big play. When you can pair the accuracy of this quarterback and the suddenness of a star playmaker like that, you can get chunk gains out of easy quick throws like that. Speaking of cater Coo, who I'm not going to blame him for that. You know, Waddle's impossible to cover from most guys, but remember how awesome he was against the screen and run game last year. He made another couple of really good plays on contained outside against a receiver run out in that direction. In this practice just continues to get done in that area of the field. Let's go back now to coach McDaniel who was asked speaking of the receivers about the depth in that room beyond Tyreek and Jalen, and specifically he was ask more about replacing Gasiki's production or Gsiki's role, And here's what head coach Mike McDaniel had to say about the options beyond a pair of guys that went for over three thousand yards combined last year in Tyreek and Jalen.
Speaker 5: You're hitting on something that there's some opportunities within the offense, UH to to put your imprint on your career.
Speaker 3: And for this team, I wouldn't say it's just.
Speaker 5: Tight ends, but really all skill receivers, there's a lot of competition.
Speaker 2: So the.
Speaker 5: Really, as as the head coach of the team, I'm most excited to see who wins it because there it is as organic as one could make it. There's several capable candidates to catch catch some balls really and and be an impactful part of this team. I would say at all the offensive skill positions and that the proof is in the pudding. You go out there to practice and there's a lot, there's a there's a good amount of talent. So for me to say that I know who that's gonna be would be being way ahead of uh. There's some sort of saying that I'm looking for Boom Barry still got it. So I think that's there's a lot of young players, some veterans that recognize the opportunity and really going after it.
Speaker 2: I think that's a great point right there. I think it's a great part spot spot point, pot spot. To take our first break in the podcast, right there, we're gonna come back and hear from Cedric Wilson, who I thought had a really nice day speaking of that competition for the depth of the receiver's room. We'll hear from him. We'll hear from Liam Eikenberg talk about the defense as well. Plenty to come your way here on the Draft Time podcast. OH thirty first Recap brought to you by Auto Nation. So we heard coach talking about the receiver slash tight end, just skill player depth in general of the roster. On the other side, and to that point, Cedric Wilson had himself a really nice day on Wednesday. He's catching the ball super smooth off of his frame, one handed plucks, He's getting to his spots quickly, he's competing through contact and reroutes. He just looks smooth to me and a half step quicker than he did this time a year ago. And we talked with Cedric after practice, and I wanted to play a couple of soundbites for you here. First him me asking him about the familiarity of the system and your number two because to me, comparing practices right now versus where they were a year ago, again, just looks quicker and smoother, which comes with you know, natural instincts and not having to play, not having to think while you play. So Fedrick talked about that here a little bit. He also talked about what he likes on the offense. Let's go ahead and go to the Miami Dolphins wide receiver and.
Speaker 1: I'm definitely more comfortable. I mean, I feel like that's with anything more now as you gain and the more reps you get at it, it's just natural. I mean, anybody can get the ball at any time, and the way coach schemes it up, you really don't know who's getting it. But we have what five ballplayers on the field at any time.
Speaker 2: I also wanted to ask Tedrick with the theme of basketball we had today in press conferences, about if coach ever uses basketball footage to help coach the guys up nowadays like he did in the past.
Speaker 1: I mean, I definitely would say basketball definitely resembles us a lot. I mean, obviously without the ball, but you got to be able to move somebody else out of your way, either to get to a basket or get to your route.
Speaker 2: Speaking of Wilson's Jeff Wilson had a big gain in the ground game running behind, but I think was a lead block from Isaiah Win. I thought Win looked really good in space, creating some copa sead timing with the running backs in terms of his blocking angles and the timing of their cuts. Just looks fluid off the top here, and also pretty solid in pass protection. I thought Raheem Moster had a couple of nice runs as well, working behind Big Isaiah Win and you know, back to the offensive line, tucking some running back in O line there. I thought Liam Eikenberg had some nice reps in this on this day, particularly in the running game. He and Wilson kind of teamed up a couple of times for some nice blocks. So it's tough to sort out on you know, any given snap without any replays among all the bodies. But I did see both of them connect a few times on blocks that helped the running back get past that first wave of defenders.
Speaker 4: And that's mostly what I'm looking for.
Speaker 2: And then also just kind of watch the guys after the fact, who's shaking hands, who's high fiving, and who's going back to coaches and getting instruction. Typically that helps you find out who was the culprit on a given play. Let's go ahead and go to Liam Meichenberg, now, who I asked about that same question second year in an offense. How's that helping you get things more familiar and get more comfortable here in this offense?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think, you know, going into the second OTAs I was able to fully understand like introgros to me is like the foot speed. I mean I was always taught to, you know, kind of not step big, but you know, game more ground and you know, introgros this offense suppo's just getting your feet down fast and you know, get a moving. So that's kind of something I focused on, and you know, just got my body healthy and that's helped a lot.
Speaker 2: We also heard McDaniel refer to Liam's improved play early in the year prior to the injury in Detroit that cost him a whole bunch of the season and then coming back in later and kind of having to start back over from scratch. But I asked him about the mental aspect of and what you took from that time in terms of not being able to physically, you know, put your body on the line for the guys. What did you do in that time down and how could that benefit your game to have that time away and just focus on the mental side of things.
Speaker 6: I think when you get hurt and I haven't been heard a long time, I think it makes you realize, like, man, I miss it so much, you know, and I was out here every single day shout out to Troy, you know, getting me healthy and stuff. But uh, yeah, you know, the biggest thing is like all you can do is kind of look at the mental aspects. So I mean I was watching film trying to help the guys out. You know, Rob Jones stepped in for me and did a great job, and you know I was there to help him, you know, help him with what he was doing, and you know it was just kind of different perspective on things. But I was it's sorry. Yeah, there's no other way to put it. It's it's tough.
Speaker 2: And then here he is talking about the second year in the offense and how things kind of clicked for him at that stage of the season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was tough.
Speaker 6: I think things started to click a little bit better for me, kind of understanding how I need to play a guard. And then the injury is like, I mean you could kind of sit there and you know, feel bad for yourself, or you can kind of be like all right, like one day at a time and just get back to where you were at. So it's kind of how I appreciate with my injuries, like you know, I'll be healthy eventually, Like I'll get there. And I mean it took a couple of months, but I got there, I mean almost there. But it was good. I mean you know, a lot of good people helped me through it, and you know, it's just good having a good support system.
Speaker 2: So Liam heading into year three hoping to have his best year of his career so far, also hoping to make an immediate impact. Here's some rookies in this class we did hear from head coach Mike McDaniel to updates on Cam Smith and Devon a chain.
Speaker 4: Let's go ahead and play that audio.
Speaker 5: I think both of them have done exactly what it's been asked of them to to this juncture, which is, you know, I think it's along the process.
Speaker 3: There's so much going on for rookies.
Speaker 5: You forget that you're joining a team that has established players, uh and and you need to make way on that team through the locker room and then the coaching staff, that just the building in general. That's what I've seen them focus on, and I can tell they're starting to become one of the guys there's you're swimming at this stage and that's to be expected.
Speaker 3: But I also see from those.
Speaker 5: Two in particular, guys that have a deep down self confidence that the the minor hiccups in the short term aren't really affecting them. Which is something you look for in young players because there's a lot I mean, you have, you know, it's it's almost like you're a baseball player.
Speaker 3: You bet like thirty percent.
Speaker 5: Or three hundred for the you know, the real fan, you bet like three hundred. That means seven out of ten times failure. That's kind of like being a rookie. So so far, so good in that I think you have to win over your teammates before, at least with the Dolphins, before you're able to play with them. And I think they're knee deep in that journey, and I've been happy with what the produced.
Speaker 2: Oh the best play by the rookies today was a catch and run by a Chan on a pass from Skyler Thompson where he got up on the sideline a couple of steps on Jerome Baker. And Baker's no slouch in the speed department, right. We've seen him run down the field with backs. You know, I get frustrated by not getting his head back around, but he can go strive for sharot running backs down the field, but not with this one.
Speaker 4: He got five or six yards beyond him.
Speaker 2: And you know Baker was showing off some speed earlier practice by stringing out some runs of the edge from Jeff Wilson. But for a big play in the passing game here from Achan, which is kind of what he's been so far in camp. This play might have been a sack, but that's unrelated to the matchup down the field because he can't control what happens back there. He can just go beat his man, and he did on this particular play and caught it and waltzed into the end zone for a touchdown. I just keep thinking about what that speed from that position can do here, and he showcases a handful of times already in just two practices. Cam Smith been a very nice pass breakup working down the stem on a comeback route from Cedrick Wilson. Really good patients reading the route, then driving on that football and displaying the length that really stands out every time you watch him. He's just so long, you know, can scratch his knees standing straight up with with his fingernails, so super length, super good transition out of that back pedal and makes plays in the football on a down end down out basis.
Speaker 4: Some other rookies.
Speaker 2: Julian Hill, the tight end from Campbell, had a nice catch and run on a ball in the middle from James Blackman. He lays out, gets up to his feet and sprints of the end zone. You love seeing Vince Papalis style. And then Garrett Nelson had what I thought was a sack. His college tap at Nebraska was full of effort plays and that's half the battles some of the time for these guys, especially a good approach for an undrafted rookie free agent. He gave you more of that in today's practice. Elijah Higgins caught one and I thought he was about to run eighty yards a distance, but they did hold him up there. But on that play, the way he catches the ball and then it's like gas from the time the balls in his hands, he just accelerates out of that break. Once he's like here's the football. It's very noticeable he stands out. Next thing we're gonna hear from head coach Mike McDaniel is how the Dolphins only had six OTA practices as opposed to ten they are allotted. Let's go ahead and hear from coach on that and the decision to lessen the workload from the physical on the grass standpoint.
Speaker 4: Here's coach talking about the why.
Speaker 3: Beyond that, a lot of things factor into it.
Speaker 5: I think that you know, by and large, players, coaches, people in general do best when why is explained to them. In this particular situation, I think that it is crucial that we have you know, is convicted, present, deliberate football players when they're approaching practice and really recognizing how each opportunity is very, very crucial to the development of the team. I think, uh, when you're able to acknowledge players hard work and they get a they get positively reinforced with actual action.
Speaker 3: Uh you can.
Speaker 5: I think it goes a long way. They they are afforded the uh, the less practices because they've earned it because of the way they've approached the whole offseason. You know, my stand for preparation are pretty high, and they've recognized that and really heated to the expectation across the board. So I think in those types of circumstances, everyone benefits with a little bone here or there.
Speaker 2: Let's go ahead and take our last break right there and come back on the other side and hear a couple more comments from head coach Mike McDaniel as well as tell you about how the defense played on this particular day. That's next Draft Time podcast, your host Travis Wingfield, brought.
Speaker 4: To you by Auto Nation.
Speaker 2: A lot of Heat topics for coach McDaniel and his press conference on Wednesday, and why not, It's been fun to watch the.
Speaker 4: Miami Heat roll to the NBA Finals.
Speaker 2: Baby, let's go That game on Monday was one of the most fun games I've watched from a basketball perspective.
Speaker 4: Kind of feel like I was.
Speaker 2: Watching a Dolphins game there for a little while, stressed out, but ultimately relief and jubilation at the very end.
Speaker 4: There.
Speaker 2: Let's go ahead and hear from coach about all these trips to the Heat games. Are you taking anything away from those games?
Speaker 4: Coach?
Speaker 2: I wanted to ask him this last week, didn't get a chance to ask him today. Are you just going to have fun or are you bringing things back with you to learn about football from the basketball court and the ice rink.
Speaker 5: You know, I think there's information in front of us all the time that can be very beneficial to what we do on a day to day basis, just in general, every every day if you're willing to look and listen, so I you know, you don't know what is going to come about. But the bottom line is, when you go to those games, you're where would you rather be if you're in the in professional sports in terms of you have high stakes, A lot of you know, sweat equity has gone into those moments a lot more than you know. I still have a tough time imagining how many up and downs and you know, shuttles and all, how many practices and shoot arounds that basketball teams go through, and how long that season is, and how many practices that hockey teams have to have to get on the same page.
Speaker 3: That stuff is what really.
Speaker 5: Is impactful for me in those moments, and I think without a doubt there's there's great stuff to take away that can be applied and in what we're trying to do.
Speaker 2: Finishing up here on the basketball stuff. Eric Spolstro one of the best coaches in the entire world, regardless of sport. Let's go ahead and hear from McDaniel what he's taken away in his relationship with the Miami Heat head coach.
Speaker 5: Well, first and foremost, I feel, uh can I feel so humbled to be able to be able to have the relationship, you know, I think what screams to me just the way he runs the program and what they do is there's a passion for developing players and coaching and a standard for what for with they they believe that they should, you know, prepare their players.
Speaker 3: I feel a true.
Speaker 5: Love for who they're coaching and what they're coaching. And I think systematically, you know, when people describe the Heat culture, they're they're talking about a bunch of individuals that are trying to be great in the game of basketball, players and coaches alike.
Speaker 3: Uh, and you know, it's it's I feel so fortunate.
Speaker 5: I think, I think he has to be one of the best professional coaches across all sports and for me to have access to pick his brain to you know, uh, he even throws me a handshake after wins, like it's unbelievable resource for me in the coaching profession that I feel very, very fortunate to have. He was a reported yesterday that the team is going to be having another sort of practice with the Texans, specifically, you know, having practice sessions with coaching nob Ryan.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: You know, I wanted to break the news to you guys last time I was up here, you know, but gave the opportunity to a friend and somebody I feel fortunate to have coached with and been around for such a long time.
Speaker 3: And Jamiico Ryans and he just turned it down like the humble guy is. So yes, we uh pumped about that.
Speaker 5: That's a young, hungry team that will uh that will afford us the opportunity of getting better in training camp. Those type of opportunities are invaluable. It breaks camp up, It gives a little newness to it, it reinvigorates it.
Speaker 3: But it also.
Speaker 5: You know, there's only so much scheme that one side of the ball can have, and you get a little you get different players that you have to go against and subtle schematic nuances, nuances that are different that really help the players get prepared for preseason and then regular season.
Speaker 2: All right, good stuff there from head coach Mike McDaniel. Let's go ahead and pick this back up with some more practice notes and we'll talk about the defense here our last couple of months on the podcast. You know, I would have given the win last week to the defense on balance and the practice we saw today, I would say it goes to the offense, but there was still plenty to note from the defensive side. First, just Watching the way coach Fangio interacts with the guys on the.
Speaker 4: Field is kind of cool to see. He plays that.
Speaker 2: The where he stands when they're doing install is at the quarterback position for the offensive dummy scout team. Basically, he calls the cadence and then coaches the rep live as they go. I've never seen that before, and I've only been with the Miami Dolphins, so you know, take that for what it is.
Speaker 4: But I love that he had.
Speaker 2: That consulting role last year, giving that perspective of how to attack a defense, or rather, how to attack an offense from a defensive perspective. It's not just let's go a line as a defense and go from there. It's no, this is what they want to do, this is what they're afraid of, this is what makes them vulnerable.
Speaker 4: Let's attack that.
Speaker 2: Kind of saw that on the practice field out there on Wednesday afternoon, and Jalen Phillips really led that charge. My goodness, this guy who buddy, Yeah, Jalen Phillips is that dude.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: He was a regular in the backfield both against the run in the past. There was a three rep stretch where he got two pressures sandwich between a rep where Kendall Lamb really did well to redirect against him. But on that third play I saw him bluff a move in and then spin back outside to get clean to the quarterback. I thought it was just awesome to see that because Lamb shut off the interior path on the second rep, and then he took that knowledge and came right back and adjusted to it. Look, we know about the effort, we know about the physical skills, and I go back to the Brett Coleman pre draft YouTube workup that I've referenced so many times around the podcast and how he loved how Jalen was able to concoct a pass rush plan really as the game went along.
Speaker 4: I thought we saw that in a.
Speaker 2: Two play sequence where he was able to lose a rep, find out what happened there and adjust and make an adjustment to that on the next rep and go win that one.
Speaker 4: Jalen Twyman has caught my eye both days.
Speaker 2: A defensive lineman I'm sure not many of you guys aren't familiar with. He is a second year player out of the University of Pittsburgh. He had good plays both days against the run and pass that I've gone a chance to watch, and you look at this defensive line. You know, roster on the interior in particular, you've got Seeler and Wilkins and Davis as the proven guys, but then it's a bunch of rookies and second year guys who are on futures contracts. So there's opportunity there, kind of like Coach alluded to in the receiver slash tight end question we played earlier. I think Twyman's made the most of his opportunity in the two practices i've seen. Last couple of notes here, I saw Cater Kohu get a late pass breakup in addition to the run game defense he displays each and every day. Noah Iggbanaghani gets a pick late in practice, coming out of his pedal driving on a short throw and picking the pass off only pick or giveaway, I should say, all day off the hand of James Blackman. Justin Bethel came in for a quarterback pressure early, probably a sack on too early in practice on a little play action role right into the weak side pressure. He was active once again, both on defense and special teams. And that's what I've got. Oh yeah, alec Ingold in the Orange Jersey. Pretty solid playlist and the line of the day from Austin Clark down on the field coaching during the sled drill, drop your f and nuts.
Speaker 4: That was cool to hear.
Speaker 2: Love watching Austin Clark get the job done. He's been for a long time, been here for the same amount time met four years and he's kicking ass over there on the defensive line room. So that's gonna be the podcast today. We're gonna play some more of the media soundbites for you. Well. On the Friday podcast, we heard from Cedric Abwayhee, Tyler Croft, and I feel like I'm forgetting one more Raykwon Davis. We'll hear from those guys on Friday. Let's go ahead and get out of here right now on the podcast. But hey, Dolphins, Finn's Weekend is back and better than ever this June second through the third.
Speaker 4: That's this weekend.
Speaker 2: Join your favorite Miami Dolphins coaches, players, alumni, and cheerleaders at the twenty fourth annual Finns Weekend, featuring a phishing tournament, exclusive parties, and more, with all the proceeds benefiting the Baptist Health Foundation. Tickets are limited and available for purchase at Finnsweekend dot com. All right, I'm gonna get out of here.
Speaker 4: That's my time. You all.
Speaker 2: Please be sure to subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcast, leave us a rating, and leave us a review. You can follow me on Twitter at linkfold NFL. Follow the team at Miami Dolphins. Check out the fish Tank Podcast with Seth and Juice. Check out the YouTube channel for media availabilities, Dolphins Today, Drivetime, fish Tank content, and so much more, and last but not least, Miami Dolphins dot Com. Until next time, Finns Up, Carolin, Cameron, Daddy is coming home.
Speaker 4: Go Heat, Marmoscatos and Marlins rocate to