Speaker 1: All right, check this out.
Speaker 2: Y'all back again with another episode of the Shuffle. I'm your host Chase B and we are jointing here today. Man, one of my favorite receivers in the league. You know what I'm saying, young boy? Pulled up Tank there. How you're feeling, bro?
Speaker 1: So I'm good. How you doing, chilling? Man?
Speaker 2: You know, I got a lot of love for Tank Man, because first of all, you probably even noticed, but you know, I went to how which is the HBCU. Know, Tank, you started out at Alabama and m which is then HBCU, which is very important to me. You know what I'm saying, Kids, get your grades right, go to school all that. But so what was it like starting out out of HBCU just even I know, like the facilities ain't even the best, what I'm saying, but just to take it from there to the professional level.
Speaker 1: I was it starting out at Alabama?
Speaker 2: And for me it was good because I went there with my best friend, one of my best friends out of high that's important. So I was like kind of I got comfortable quick, you know, and I had some familiar faces that got along with so at the beginning, it was cool to be honest, the whole thing was cool to just like I knew where I wanted to be at in life. I knew, like, it's gonna be hard to go to the fail from HBCU, no matter how goods you do there, it's still gonna be hard. So I really made that decision because of that. But like academically it was good. You know, it was a great school. Football was great. You know, the head coach Maynard, he was good, the receiver coach, everybody was cool.
Speaker 1: It was just just what I had to do. So do you think just think that do you think.
Speaker 2: I know a lot of even with like Maker Maker going to Howard and stuff like that, do you think HBCUs will ever get that. I don't want to say that notoriety because people know you know where there are, but just do you think they'll ever be those like prominent of a program to get more people to the professional level and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Really be like a force in you know, making the playoffs and like stuff like that.
Speaker 2: That'll be hard because you got all the pwis like Florida, all the big schools with his money, with the money and they generated money through there and stuff like that. So it'll be hard. But when Dion was at Jackson State, oh, the first one, I felt like it was gonna be like going up and up for it and it was gonna help a lot of players out. But then he made he had to make his business, real business decisions. So I don't really feel like I hope. So you know, I wish, I wish, I hope. So, you know, because it's some good ball players, a lot of great athletes, great football players, basketball players, however you want the name, it's a lot of great athletes that in the HBCU, and you know they just ain't had the opportunity to go to a PWI individually. It's just get these teams to the level of the p wis, Yeah for sure. So obviously then you went to j CODE. Then you uh got your shown on at U of H. So really you've been here for a while, you've been here st for a minute. Just describe those a couple of years that you had a at U of H because y'all dominant when you was there. So I was at my phone. Was that just you know, being on our team and eventually ended up on the Texas. Yeah, So first thought shout out to coach Hoguslon and my receiver coach d and my other one, Tyrone Carry Tyrone Carry.
Speaker 1: But man, that was like some of the best years of my life for surely. They for sure helped me out a lot. You know.
Speaker 2: Coming from Juco, I didn't really have too many offers. I had three offers, Central Michigan Accurant, and then Houston was my last off I got right And when I came here, it was funny because my coach he was like, yeah, you ain't gonna like it here. I mean, he was like, you ain't gonna leave here when you come. Yeah, I'm from Florida, Like I'm going back home. And then once I got here, I was like, it was like that. But yeah, for sure, Houston with some of the beast years of my life. So growing up in Florida, were you I wanted to ask you obviously a big thing on the field to speed.
Speaker 1: Were you a track guy growing up? You never just natural just always play football football? Yeah, because I feel like just naturally the three states.
Speaker 2: I feel like with the fastest guys of Florida, Texas, in California, I put Georgia there.
Speaker 1: Georgia too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like I put Georgia from Georgia got to put them. And that's exactly why I asked you because I don't know were you like it on the Olympics. Did you watch a lot of y Yeah? So you saw no allows when the one one hundred? Yeah, and did you see what I said about uh here beat him?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What'd you think about that?
Speaker 2: It depends on what raised I feel like in the sixty and then he got him in a I feel like we could get him in the sixty probably, but like one hundred two hundred.
Speaker 1: That's where technique really get involved. He just wanted to go and like we're not. We're not about to do it. Go so it's like we're not about to do it. Yeah. So you've been in Houston for like the last for five years.
Speaker 2: What are like some of your favorite things of the city just outside of the football field, like Fairit place to eat on fair, place to go chill.
Speaker 1: I say, I like to go to State forty eight. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we all go there like as a group, like met you, j everybody. We go there a couple of times. Yeah, Trail Burgers, Yeah, and you know what's Blue check Vere. No, That's why I'm looking for the barbecue spots here. Yeah, he got like a food truck though it's a food truck, Okay. He liked by like old Spanish trailers. Yeah yeah, I ain't gonna like smack busting.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I got to ask you, being for Florida, who got better food out of Houston in Florida, out of.
Speaker 1: Houston and Florida. Yeah, dam out of us in Florida, Houston, Florida. Probably gotta go in Houston. Yeah, yeah, I probably gotta go in Houston. What's your favorite living home though, So I don't I don't really remember.
Speaker 2: Because Florida, I feel I got more like especially it's like a lot of Caribbean influence making food a lot of hate your food.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I'm saying. He used to feel like more like for like the barbecues. Yeah, I like barbecue. Yeah, so you like.
Speaker 2: So I was talking to uh Takaymi and Temmy Lost Time just about music and the pre game playlist.
Speaker 1: So who first of all, who did you grow up listening to? Color? Of course? Right? Yeah? Or what's your top three? Cadex on? I don't got a top three, just all I like out everyone you have a favorite album? For him. Ah, probably like institution. Yeah, no, I ain't gonna lie. It's a lot. It's like he don't put some fast stuff out of there.
Speaker 2: What's the joint with transgressional? I think that's my favorite. I think yeah, yeah, I think that's my favorite. Collect trim.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's the what's your pre game playlist? What's going? I heard your game? I think liked Got the whole foot n Bro. I don't even play him with my headphones. He's gonna get he's gonna get.
Speaker 2: In the locker room, but he for sure. Yeah, I say when I when I'm getting ready, I listen to Kodak for sure. Like before the games, I listened to Koda like when I'm warming up and stuff like that. Young boy mm hmmm, Gunna. Sometimes a couple of people. But like before the game is like the chill and relaxed. I'll be listening to run Way a little bit. Yeah, exactly, calm down, check it out. And just also being in Houston, I've seen very interesting like the fashion game and all that type of stuff. Do you shop all out out here or do you like to travel to I be out here. I'd be on line too, to be honest, but I like to I don't really like on line too much because I fit my stuff.
Speaker 1: Where in person. But I'll be out here.
Speaker 2: I go to like the gallow and Webster and stuff like that, and if I really want something, I just pick it up online and order lad to get dropped off.
Speaker 1: But even than that, I'm out here. What's your favorite brands right now?
Speaker 2: My favorite brands? Yeah, I gotta go with Diggs brand. You know, I'll be wearing a lot of DIGS stuff. The shoes got comeing out crazy. I'm gonna family and friends, alright, I know that, I say, Belinciaga. Yeah, l V just a lot of stuff other than you and DIGS. Who you think is the freshest on the team right now? Probably l T Oh, yeah, l T two.
Speaker 1: We gonna take you. We take you all right without l T and DIGS seven step in this game up? Yeah it is. I seen y'all getting the right.
Speaker 2: If you're getting into the way, I say, met you be having some pieces too. Yeah, So just back to football real quick. I know this is your second year here, a lot of people really excited to get you back on the field, and all that I know it was cut a little short last year.
Speaker 1: But you know what I'm saying, we ain't worry about all that.
Speaker 2: But now, yeah, you're right for real, but now you're part of the you one third to seven one three. You know what I'm saying with you, Cej and Diggs. What's the energy just been like? Even preseason in practice and training camp?
Speaker 1: What's the energy been like?
Speaker 2: Just knowing Digs is here and you coming to your second year feel like it's a whole new energy to Miko's here again.
Speaker 1: And you gonna just went crazy last year. Energy good though.
Speaker 2: Everybody ready to play. On preseason, we probably get out there for a couple of snaps and we sit down. We be like I'm trying to get in for real, like we just ready to ball. You know.
Speaker 1: It's been a long long time coming for me for sure.
Speaker 2: Seven ready to get back out there. You know it's Digs a fresh face here. He wanted to get out there in front of the fans, right, Nico just ball last year, you still got met You and everybody else.
Speaker 1: We all ready to just get out there and go to work.
Speaker 2: You know. So yeah, what's the biggest lesson you think you learned your rookie year and how you gonna use it this year, you think biggest lesson like football wise, Yeah, I say, just like every week is a new week. Taking care of your body. Like even if you're feeling good, you got to take care of your body because it could change fast with playing here. You know, we practice hard and go out there on Sundays and playoffs. So taking care of your body weekend and week out, staying on top of the things you need to, like studying your place play book, yeah, and then going out there and just having fun, you know, not not treating the game bigger than what it is. You know, it's a kids game at the end of the day. So going out there every day and just having fun, putting a smile on your face and no care that confidence. You came in real hot. I'm not gonna lie your rookie season. Did you even have likes when it came to like your first couple of games in the league or was it just straight to work? But I'm weird. I'd be seeing like people cry like when they got dragged for real. I don't cry. Yeah, Like first game, I thought I was gonna be like kind of ancients and nervous, but of course I'm nervous before any game. Let's just stay like into the boss. Now, after the first play, I'd be like, I'm good. Yeah, but like as far as like my anxiety was too hot, So I'm like I was cool. I was to play to be honest, Yeah, I never had like, you know, like weird feelings. Do you have like a favorite route that you run? Do you think you have a route that you best at? Should I even say that? From all the dvs that might be watching it, I could reign the route. Yeah, so I don't really have a route and my best that, but the post route I like to don't Yeah, I like to go SCO and I like to go from Afar. So yeah, I say like post route is what I love to run, but it out. So I got to ask you this because I've seen some things on the interne right, and I know you're off time. You like to play a little Call of Duty. Yeah you know what I'm saying now now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you put the game to get on there after this? What do you run on on Call of dudio? Are you playing multiplayer? You're playing Resurgence, Resurgence, Yeah, Resurgence. I'm with the guys. He'll be on with my own boys back home.
Speaker 2: That's how we stay in touch for real, exactly, on the game whenever we get free time. So I've been Resurgence Quad exactly.
Speaker 1: That's what I can get your division before we leave. We'll be on the when I leave you together. If you ain't stepping up, I'm stepping on my life. So it was a learning curved though.
Speaker 2: I started, like I started playing cards like probably two three years ago. But now it's like, all right, we're ready to step I'm saying. And homies, we get debs all the time. Yeah, yeah, we'd be big map resurgers all that time. So you and your sophomore sophomore, junior.
Speaker 1: Year, sophomore junior year, you know what I'm saying that, But we're getting killed though, get killed.
Speaker 2: We're getting you know what I'm saying. But you're getting the game. I mean, researchers, I give you.
Speaker 1: I'll give you a good eight. No, researchers, I get you a good eight now for real, not every game, but that's your best game, like eight nine. You like, I'm on, I'm step I'm me curred. You were getting my best game? Yeah, I go for like nineteen.
Speaker 2: The see I'm still I'm in an eighteen eleven range, but like on the normal like seven. Yeah, that you're highest hard it is, you know now and you can be cheating too. I'm not gonna lie. I've been watching streamers and all that they be having the ship on the screen with for real, I ain't mad at you. Yeah, so I played. When I leave here, I'm definitely gonna live lot to the n C double A different than you running.
Speaker 1: I'm running USC offense. Yeah, you got to Donna ce Ma. Are you playing online? Because it came out doing camp so yeah, it's too much time. You got no time recruiting players and like get time. I just go see it. One of my partners on it. Yeah, and I play them online? Yeah for real?
Speaker 2: Yeah with unless you got some you want. Shout at the homies sold, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, shout out to the homies.
Speaker 1: Real and I tell you we can't wait to see back on the field. Bro for last she was way too shortly. Everybody really excited to get y'all back out there. You know.
Speaker 2: I'm saying, I'm gonna come to as many games as I can and support the squad all the way to the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: You for me for real? Yeah, we need that. We need everybody to pack the stadium.
Speaker 2: Yeah, every game year, it's gonna be lit about to be live for real, y'all got the energy and everybody got no tickets for nobody family ticket.
Speaker 1: Don't hit me neither.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna lie, get up, chase for I don't even know if I got a plus one to this joint.
Speaker 1: Man for real. Not appreciate you, brother. I can't wait to see back on the field man. K Yes, sir, Yes, sir.