Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys blowing out of the backfield, exploding down the sidelines.
Speaker 3: This he is Hanging with the Boys, presented by Wing Stuff where Flavor gets its wings. Now your hosts, Nate Newton, Kurt Daniels, Jesse Holly, and Shannon Gross.
Speaker 4: We got a show for you, and man, it would help if I turned my microphone on. I'm sorry somebody had hit the button.
Speaker 5: Man, what a show we got today? So much to get to. We usually take calls. I don't even think we're gonna have time, but you like a live of Tostitos Championship. I was outside Ford Center at the Star in Frisco, where there's actually.
Speaker 4: Some activity for a Tuesday morning.
Speaker 6: It was coold.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 5: It's forty eight degrees, the highest forty nine, the lowest thirty three.
Speaker 4: We got the band back together.
Speaker 6: He is shenning. That is Nate, welcome back.
Speaker 4: Thanks you welcome, my boy.
Speaker 7: My boy.
Speaker 6: They're trying to try to they trying to put you out. Chris in the back keeping us up and running. I am Zaddy Holly. Together we make hang it with the boy, the sports talk equivalent to brow people.
Speaker 2: Yes, cook once again we speak frog every day by wingside, work flavor gets week. Cook, pick up your yachtas your touchdowns are coming. Pick up your yachtage baby.
Speaker 5: Congratulations, Kurt Daniels, you got closest to the score and you missed well. Actually, Nate, Nate picked Cowboys by one tenth point, which damn.
Speaker 4: Near hit it right on the head.
Speaker 5: Kurt, you came in second with twenty one points off thirty three to seven, and no one got the pod pick.
Speaker 7: Jake Ferguson, No he didn't.
Speaker 4: It was what was it? At ninety two yard yep touchdown by City Lamb?
Speaker 5: What a game, Fellas, What a What a crazy weekend in the NF, What a crazy four weeks in the NFL. If you would have thought, if you would have told us going into this last week, Lamar Jackson is the favorite, hands down for MVP, and rock Perty and Dak aren't even in the conversation, you would have thought we were nuts. You're going into the last week and all you got to do is win to be by the way, your first place, Dallas Cowboys in the NFC, second place overall. Let's give it up And how good did it feel to be on the flip side of one of those calls for once? That's all I could think about. I couldn't argue with it. There was so much going on and everybody had their opinion, and I was like, I'm just glad.
Speaker 4: We were on the other side for once. Do we even want to talk about that call?
Speaker 6: I don't even think do we know, like does anybody know, Like there's been everybody's had their own opinion about it.
Speaker 4: I still don't know.
Speaker 8: I think it was like the NFL position.
Speaker 9: The lines were trying to confuse the Cowboys and they wound up confusing the referee.
Speaker 5: So it is what it is. There we go, by the way, Happy New Year? How was your How was your New Year?
Speaker 4: Your New Year's Eve?
Speaker 8: New Year?
Speaker 7: It was good? It's good.
Speaker 4: Yeah time bang bang.
Speaker 7: Bang bang bang bang bang of food?
Speaker 8: How about you a couple of drinks?
Speaker 7: A bang, and yeah, you say you drained? Year nine was great.
Speaker 2: When the Cowboys, I'm gonna tell you, man, tell us we was down in the bottom of the stadium right ord wrapped before the dressing room, and and when it was going for the first one, the first two points for.
Speaker 7: I say, thank you, Dan Campbell.
Speaker 2: Finally it takes an old cowboy to come back so we can win this game. Everybody, everybody, I said, y'all, trust me, we got this game. You know, Isaiah, mister I can't be wrong and Isaiah ain't never wrong by too much. Oh no, they haven't lost this, big fella. They they have lost this, I say, trust me. Ask Scott Purcelle thanks to Dan Campbell. We don't want this game.
Speaker 7: Not once.
Speaker 2: Then the second time, I said, y'all, it's definitely over. Bro, I just knew, and everybody mad at me because I'm happy because we finally won a game of like this.
Speaker 7: Man, Come on, man, I'm through. I don't even want to do the show today. Just have ad it? Have ad it?
Speaker 6: Would you consider this like a moral victory?
Speaker 10: Ain't no moral.
Speaker 7: This is all out assault on what man knows. Ja. We won this game, straight up. That's the Chris.
Speaker 2: It takes a It takes an old cowboy, Dan Way to go, Dan.
Speaker 7: O say they know what the problem is. We No, Dad, you try to got you?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm good for Well, No, you can't take the show off because this whole first segment has dedicated to you, because what about what happened the Yes, the Cowboys won, Yes they're in first place.
Speaker 4: Yes they're gonna be in.
Speaker 6: It, but the curse was lifted.
Speaker 4: The curse was lifted, and you were there, Yes, And I'll tell you this. And I don't know, Kurt, did you watch it?
Speaker 7: I don't.
Speaker 4: Jesse and I were talking about this in the back. I don't know if it's because.
Speaker 5: We talked to you all week leading up to it and we really got a first hand sense of what this really meant to Jimmy.
Speaker 6: And if you didn't, you can go on the filted with Jesse Hollywood Need School.
Speaker 5: Yes, And it just I don't know if it's because you pulled the curtain back for us and we knew, or if all Cowboy fans like this. But I was in the bar watching it and I had to like turn my back like to make sure it made me emotional, like yeah, Jimmy, real man, especially when when you saw him pacing at the end and I knew he was gonna say it and he and he said it and then Emmett and Mike grabbed him and they and I was like, I was like, man.
Speaker 7: If that do this door seorg Troit. He's still struggh, like, come on, try getting in there on the pot.
Speaker 4: So tell us, tell us about your day.
Speaker 5: Tell us when you got there, what you did, because we got a few pictures.
Speaker 4: From you, and you saw some some of the older cowboys.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 2: They asked me to be there at four thirty quarter five. I was there sitting there at four just wait, of course, because I had an idea of how I wanted to do it. They wanted me to let the guys go in and then go in there and get them.
Speaker 7: I was getting them as they was coming up.
Speaker 2: You know, you were interviewing them and forgive my interview about maybe about ten twelve. Get good in that sweater by the way, Yeah, and boy, I got I got over because they want us to wear a suit and I'm like, okay, I put it on that fing zip and I was like, okay, I'm ready. But I got over it. And I ain't had to do the postgame show with no suit.
Speaker 7: Yes. Anyway, I just enjoyed it.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 2: From Russell Maryland to James Washington, I got straight hand there on the field. It was for me, it was exciting, man, you know, for Michael Irvin and Troy and Emmett. Charles came late, you know, up to the to the big party. He was there for the shoes ceremony. Yeah, yeah, he had shoes on. I was making sure he has some shoes on. And uh, it was just it was just great. Man Vanderbeek was there, Matt Vanderbeek yolo him outside linebacker with his wife.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It was probably about twenty of twenty of his older guys that were there. But all the U M guys was there that that won Super Bowls with him. I just I was just so happy for him and uh and for mister Jones.
Speaker 4: Oh look we got us a fan. We got us, we got us a sign.
Speaker 5: Say hey, Nate Jesse, Kirk Shannon and Chris big fan from El Paso.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what's.
Speaker 7: Jacob?
Speaker 4: Nice meeting man, sir, gotta give that.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 7: That's great. That's great stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's great man. You're talking about somebody have had some fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what did you do? Did you hang out in the in the room.
Speaker 2: I hung out in the room, you know, because you know, Bob Lily was there, Brandy White was there, Uh, uh, Mail Renfro, all all the guys that I grew up on. Tony Dorsett was there and I talked, it's just believe it or not. I get more kicks out of getting stories, like y'all like getting stories. I like getting stories out of Randy White them and all of those guys before I got there, and how what they thoughts was and stuff like that. So by the time Rusty and all of them got there, I was, I was ready and uh, but you know, it was wearing me to death the night before was I was so nervous, like, okay, is they gonna throw it to me?
Speaker 7: And I got to throw it back to them.
Speaker 2: And I got to thinking, and I called a few people and I said, y'all, I'm gonna be me.
Speaker 7: I just I'm gonna be me with my guys and how we are.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what everybody yet.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So in the end, I was just having fun doing my thing. And I tell you what, I wanted to get Coach Johnson, but I never saw him when he was coming by, and I knew they was probably trying to make it where he don't do any extra interview.
Speaker 7: But they couldn't stop me. They couldn't stop me.
Speaker 5: If you know what I'm saying, they couldn't stop right, And he's not gonna tell you nothing.
Speaker 2: I don't need thirty seconds, man, I don't need thirty seconds. And it was just it was just fun. And then when the guys from Fox showed up to a man that was cool and all as a group and.
Speaker 7: I asked how, I said, how long? Man? He said, Man, we can't miss this, he said, nah, he said, Jimmy. Jimmy.
Speaker 2: Jimmy had a certain way. And I tell people jim has a certain way of touching folks. And the thing about Jimmy, he'll never be a dinosaur. His ways was like dinosaur ways back in the day. But now he's right up. He's right up to par with everybody else in the social media. He understand what it is how to talk to people. It just when you can make those That's probably what made him a great coach, because he could see how the game was changing and how it was being and.
Speaker 7: He was He's changed a lot.
Speaker 2: You know, he was stopping back in the day, you ever want to stop for maybe you had to be somebody for him to stop and take a picture with you, but it didn't matter. Now it's just if you want to take a picture as long as you had your camera ready.
Speaker 7: He was taking it. He was just doing it.
Speaker 4: Did you get to talk to him a little bit, just a little bit?
Speaker 7: Know? The first thing he told me what.
Speaker 4: I said, what's up, coach?
Speaker 7: A big news? What's up? You know? They want me to run your fat ass off him. That's the first thing he said. I said, coach, just like before, I got a quick answer. I'm still here.
Speaker 12: Baby.
Speaker 2: He just started laughing, and I hugg him and told him I love him. Hey man, you'd be good, coach.
Speaker 4: Where'd you get to watch the ceremony at the halftime?
Speaker 2: I stayed up in the and and then but the press, the press and principal, Yeah, because uh, going down there that that was solely him and all the ring of on the guys.
Speaker 7: I mean you can go down there and stand on the sideline and.
Speaker 2: All that, but this was for him and you know, and mister Jones and that. It was just you could see they were both going out of their way to be complementary of each other. And regardless of what what you tried to say, how you try what about the old days?
Speaker 7: What brought the rip?
Speaker 2: They weren't trying to hear They Yeah, they is like, if you ain't.
Speaker 7: Here for the ceremony, you're wasting your time today. It was funny.
Speaker 5: At the beginning of the broadcast, they showed him in the suite and it was almost like Jerry was like, let's get down here in the front, so they make sure that.
Speaker 7: They camerah and uh, it's just he was talking about a plane.
Speaker 2: Crash and that I think I taped that part he said. He was they had when they first was getting together, talking about they had a plane crash and uh, and what he was trying to say, now you got to listen to it, because he winded all the way back. He said, it didn't matter. Well, you know whether plane crash or not, but we here were here. Now, well he you know, you got to listen to the to the deal. But he, mister Jones, put it together. He didn't make no mistakes, He didn't call him nothing. You know, we didn't mess this up. Yeah, he was perfect, man. And uh. He talked about his kids, He talked about the sacrifices everybody made and uh, man.
Speaker 8: Was there a reception or party afterwards.
Speaker 7: After the whole thing was over. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't I don't know, but I knew, uh the party that before you know what, man tell us, y'all probably already done it and already been there. But if these people invite you to any of these things up in them stadiums and.
Speaker 7: In it, in it, they are next level.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Jones is don't know how to do it no other way. When you see me first class, you at to just see how to do nouns and proverbs Jones.
Speaker 7: I mean, they don't.
Speaker 2: Know how to do nothing no other way. It's like they will, they will think of everything. And and I tell people, uh, don't don't ever turn down an opportunity to see something. And I don't know if you want to call it better, I see something fascinating or something unique or something different. That is what allows kids mind to prospect.
Speaker 7: If you got a chance to show your kid is.
Speaker 2: Don't tell your kid he can beat this for free, because he ain't gonna beat this for free. But this, if you work, this is who you can be. And I ain't saying that's the work where you know, that's just the way of the world. That's the way it is. I ain't saying you a Christian or not a Christian but Christians have good things too, And I would show my kid look at him.
Speaker 7: If you were hard, you can eat like this, what's your balance?
Speaker 4: Hey, listen, have you been up there?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 7: If you've been up big dollar?
Speaker 5: Yeah, and there's different levels yeah to that place, like this is the this is where.
Speaker 4: The normal fancy people go. Yeah, here's where the fancy people with access go.
Speaker 5: And then here right the door you go into that's got what seven suites in there, right right?
Speaker 4: I heard, I heard.
Speaker 5: I don't know if it's true, but at one time the club that's so you walk into the club and then there's the seven owner suites that you know, Jerry has the one on the fifty and then there's you know, three on each side of his and I think you have to get approved to even be on the list.
Speaker 4: Have even gotten one of those?
Speaker 5: But supposedly there's only a certain amount of tickets for each suite. Well, when you walk in that club, it's a bar, it's multiple bars, huge, Well it is if you pay that.
Speaker 4: But Chris, you can tell me if I'm wrong.
Speaker 5: But at one time, when they built it per capita for square footage, for the amount of the capacity that was in there, it was the largest bar per square foot average because you only had a handful of tickets for each Sweden.
Speaker 4: Then that whole bar was for you. That's the elite, Like there's.
Speaker 5: Security behind security behind the person that's got the list to get into that. I've only been in there once and that was to drop some programs off.
Speaker 13: Of It.
Speaker 7: Was people.
Speaker 2: It was workers and people. You know, they are everywhere you go. The onlookers, whatever, Papa rosis whatever you want to call them. They they there. Man, And like you said that security. One dude came up with a cow man. He tried to work the camera, you know, the camp. See, this is me, this is my thing, and this is my thing.
Speaker 7: That man, that man kept looking on this bro just show me.
Speaker 2: He want me to, he said, just show me. I just started to look like this dude gonna work his way in. Five minutes later you started to do walking away depressed, like hey man, I was just doing my job.
Speaker 7: It's just.
Speaker 2: You know, And I tell people I don't get overwhelmed by stuff like that. But I promise you.
Speaker 6: You come down to them trailer parks for me.
Speaker 7: You're gonna be.
Speaker 6: You coming down to the tps of people.
Speaker 7: I'm telling you.
Speaker 2: It's a time that I just but but I enjoy. I'm probably one of the few people in America that I enjoy watching successful people.
Speaker 7: I can just sit back there.
Speaker 2: I was just sitting back there, all right, Nate, Like sometimes Jesse and you just see me watching you successful people, people that have worked their way from little or nothing. And they successful ain't about how they dress. It's about when you hear them talk. You know, like you had a conversation about some property you got a while back.
Speaker 7: I was like, Wow, that's that's great when.
Speaker 4: You hear people just do their thing.
Speaker 7: Man, you just sit Man, that is awesome.
Speaker 2: And I tell people all the time when I said when I'm around the Joneses, they never seemed to amazement two a year ago. Hey, man, we own an energy company and I'm thinking it's some little they done balk the whole power and laying around it.
Speaker 7: I'm not and I'm excited. Man, is anything I can do well? Now you come on the switch.
Speaker 6: That's like, you know, it's funny like you said when Jerry said this was a couple of weeks ago, when when the NFL said it having a game in Brazil and Jerry is like put a slight flex out there, and he was like, oh yeah, you know, yeah, I own one of the large just card dealers dealerships in Brazil, Brail ship.
Speaker 4: I was not like in Dallas, I said in Brazil. What I was like, I didn't even know that.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I was like, well I heard. I was like, oh, he just got money everywhere, like he said. He was like, oh yeah, you know, that's great for the NFL.
Speaker 4: We got nothing against Brazil.
Speaker 6: In fact, in fact, I owned one the loest car dealerships in Brazil.
Speaker 4: I was like, wait, what, Like, okay, but if we're gonna play and then an actual game, we're going to Mexico.
Speaker 6: We don't give up a home game. We'll be in Mexico.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're going.
Speaker 7: I just.
Speaker 2: And the money, you know, like guys coming up introducing themselves me. I'm like, bro, you need to be able to talk to Troy because yeah, you know remember me, Nate, I used to own this studio and this and this, and I used to be the president of the CBS.
Speaker 7: And I'm like, yes, sir, grabbing me.
Speaker 2: And then some dude from Netflix came up, Uh hey, bro, I mentioning I don't know y'all forgot your name, But I want my money.
Speaker 7: I ain't doing it for free. Yeah that flicks, Yeah called me. Yeah. The thing that makes me laugh is.
Speaker 2: A guy coming from Floyda and then from from Jones High School and to be where I'm at now because a few people cared mister Jones, Jimmy Johnson, even Troy Charles Hayley in his own special way, Michael Irb and Dion Sanders, Tony Toby, guys that just.
Speaker 7: Helped shape your life. And you see what they are.
Speaker 2: And like I said, I ain't never been greeting and I always been kind of fat, so it made me. You think I'm greedy, But all I want is the chromes. Let the crons fall.
Speaker 6: Off the table.
Speaker 10: I'll get them.
Speaker 2: I'll get I'm telling you, I ain't doing man. Five thoud dollar, no whole number here and such. I'm your man, you know what I'm saying. I've never had a problem getting the crumbs. And this is where I sit today, wrapped with the.
Speaker 4: Crumb with the crumbs, yes, with the other crumb snatcher.
Speaker 7: Just bigger than the crumbs.
Speaker 6: I'll get them too.
Speaker 4: Oh man, that's awesome.
Speaker 7: I loved it.
Speaker 4: Man, yeah, I loved.
Speaker 7: It, but I just knew. I say, Coach, let me tell you a quick story.
Speaker 2: I told you all this before, and this is the same when I saw Jimmy the other night. Troy, we're in practice two of days. About two weeks in. We're still going hard. We ain't no let up, ain't no one of they's ain't no shorts and shoulder pass were.
Speaker 7: Going at it. We're gonna have to brutal two weeks into the third week.
Speaker 4: Troy, how you doing?
Speaker 7: You feel alright? Eyes? You're arm. We don't want to wear your arm. I'm doing good. Coach it.
Speaker 2: Oh man, We're gonna keep you out of the inside run. We don't want to get you beat up and everything.
Speaker 7: Oh Coach, I'll get a few in there.
Speaker 2: I'm all right, yeah, okay, Well just picked when you want to go in there, Mike, Mike man, you are you?
Speaker 7: Are you? O? Gauged man?
Speaker 4: How are your legs?
Speaker 7: Because I know when your when your when your uh legs go out?
Speaker 10: I know we need to.
Speaker 7: Take a break, Mike. Coach, I'll run all day. You know I'm built this way. He looked at Nate. You better have a good practice to day. I look a guy. I said, well, coach, you asked me how I feel. It don't matter.
Speaker 2: You just need having good practice today. So I'm looking at him again. Here we all up there in the billion dollar club, because that ain't nothing to do with me. That's the billion dollar club.
Speaker 7: Were up in there, Mike, get your good to see you.
Speaker 2: Oh, Kevin Gold, you never went in the weight room, I tell you what, because he's cracking a little joke by the weighting room.
Speaker 7: Good to see, Oh, King Norton doll, love to see you, coach. What's up?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 7: They told me to rant your.
Speaker 6: That's the love right there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, man, but it was good. But I'm sorry we took up behold.
Speaker 4: No, that's what we wanted. Everybody else talk about football.
Speaker 6: Were we got the only gir We're the only show that had the guy that's connected to and.
Speaker 4: Told the stories.
Speaker 5: So when we watched that on Sunday or what Saturday night, that we actually I felt like I was a part of it, just because when he started talking about his family and you told us on the show that how much he wanted it because of his family.
Speaker 4: When he and you talked about how much he gave up and he talked about that. I was like, I was like, well, they wouldn't be.
Speaker 7: You. You.
Speaker 2: Some guys have not recovered with their families. Some when you have neglected your family like that, and you will publicly neglected your family when people walk up to you say this your son, coach, Is this the one you be somebody?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Yeah that you know.
Speaker 2: The kid could take it one or two way, like oh my dad telling everybody, don't spend no time with me.
Speaker 7: You know you can take it. You know.
Speaker 2: Some kids don't see it that way. Some some ex wives may not see it that way. You know, because I own the definitely didn't see it that way for a lot of years, you know, did you?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 4: Did you see anybody that you hadn't seen him forever?
Speaker 2: I can't think of his name, boo. We used to call him Bushwick Bill. I cannot think of his name. No, no, no, Bushwick Bill. He just had these big eyes and he's from Houston, and god, I can't think of his name. I wish I could defensive back, man. I got a picture of him right here. I think I just can't think of his day. I hadn't saw him in whatever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, anybody got to hang out with it. You enjoy spending time with you don't get to hang out with enough.
Speaker 7: Uh, that's the end of these guys. Yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: But now whenever I see Kevin Gorgan, he just won the right time for me and him to sit down and and cut up and talk about the old times. And uh, Mike Saxon, that was the guy, hadn't saw it steal the same still the same guy, the same guy.
Speaker 10: He got kids.
Speaker 2: I was like, I looking at his kid, like, just open your mouth and talk. I just want to know you just ain't like.
Speaker 7: You, Mike.
Speaker 2: Is you think I can say some wild stuff? Mike can say some wild stuff. Yeah, he can say some wild stuff.
Speaker 5: All right, anymore any more questions from Nate before we move on from this break.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's good stuff, man, Thank you for sharing all this.
Speaker 5: All right, we'll take our first break way behind schedule, but we'll be back.
Speaker 7: I want to hang with the.
Speaker 10: Boys back, hanging with the boy.
Speaker 12: Fall is here, and that means football is back, bringing all the delicious game day foods with it. As you prep for all the big games, tailgates and watch parties. Let Yo Kiero be your one stop destination. For all things homegating. Yo Kiro's fresh flavorful, ready to serve guacamoli made with real half avocados will score taste bud touchdowns as you cheer on the Cowboys. Yo Kiro's wide range of mouth watering and versatile products can be found in your local grocery stores, produce or deli section. Grab some today.
Speaker 14: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. Want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail game party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x's and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 15: See if Geek has your back no matter what kind of Cowboys fan you are, so whether you're a diehard fan or a don't really care fan, got him next time fan or we'll never win again fan. Here for the tailgate fan or a first one through the gates fan. The Sea Gig not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before. They made just about everything else easier to So whether you're a here of you week fan or haven't been here in years fan, seat geek has you covered? Download the sea geek after the seed Geek, you're a ticket the Great Dallas Cowboys seats.
Speaker 13: How's wing Stop sound Christy juicy classic wings made to order, cook to perfection and sauted tossed and those eleven soul satisfying flavors paired with handcut seasoned fries, housemade honey, mustard, blue cheese or signature Wingstop Ranch and of course spicy.
Speaker 10: Casun fried corn.
Speaker 13: I think you've heard enough, Get your flavor delivered at Wingstop dot Com.
Speaker 5: Back day Hanging with Welcome back to the Can segment of Hanging with the Boys brought you each and every day by blockchain dot Com. Thank you blockchain dot com. And we have some breaking news.
Speaker 4: Going to the dentist at three thirty.
Speaker 6: Oh gosh, it's funny. Someone my Goddale hit me up, right, My Goddale hits me up last night and he goes, he goes, let Shenning know if he needs the didnis then he can count on it. So you can reach out to my wife Laurie. Her didnist office works, so she works at doctor Blake and Richardson. So if this one messes.
Speaker 4: Up, all right, she got back up.
Speaker 6: Don't see doctor Blake and Richardson.
Speaker 7: I thought he was gonna tell her we signed Collins.
Speaker 4: No, but he's in the building from what I heard him.
Speaker 5: And uh uh Damien Damien Wilson a couple of old old names, whole names.
Speaker 4: Huh, there's some truth to that, Chris, Yeah, here, that's what Schefter says. So I guess he's here. Deal.
Speaker 6: Don't take.
Speaker 5: Honestly, elth Am surprised they didn't bring Lyle in earlier.
Speaker 6: Why he's not good at football. I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: They're gonna sign the guy or something like that, and you're starting here, starting guard.
Speaker 4: He's gonna go, Hey, where's the hanging with the boys show? I need to go talk to this guy named Jesse down there.
Speaker 6: Well if he if he fight like he blocked, I'm good. I'm good.
Speaker 4: Wow, I'm good.
Speaker 6: The new year, same me.
Speaker 4: No, you're not a fan of bringing those guys in.
Speaker 7: Huh, he won't players so late.
Speaker 6: I get the depth part of it right, but at this point in time, like this is the same. This is kind of the thing that gets this where we're at right now. We we give contracts to hurt people. We we hang on to people far long, and we need to here that's done to hurt or injured, and then we try to bring back hurt people. I just it's the cycle that never seems to end. It's like, at some point in time, we got to stop shooting ourselves in the foot with the with the with the things that we do off the field, you know what I'm saying, Like not off the field, but just some of the transactions that.
Speaker 7: That brings it. He's probably going to be a practice squad guy, right, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they probably just put him on the practice squad.
Speaker 2: It's like insurance, his insurance to what insurance taught me to get that broke.
Speaker 4: Well, see, you think he's better than Tuma.
Speaker 2: That That is the question that I asked is if he was not, if he's not, if Tuman is not better than this guy, or not have the potential to be better than him. Lyle has been out there a long time. Why why why are we waiting so long? And and and people I'm telling y'all this waiting my camera people, I'm letting y'all know this. Y'all need to quit listening to the other dudes when somebody tells you off the other podcast. And I'm quite sure Jess agreed with me, let me say it first. Let me say it. I'll drag you down with it.
Speaker 7: Here we go, Here we go, here we go.
Speaker 2: Ready ready, ready, ready, No, Okay. When I hear a guy the first words come out of your mouth when I hear this right here here, he's were bringing them.
Speaker 7: In for depth. Depth of what depth of what.
Speaker 11: If?
Speaker 2: You have not at this point eighteen weeks in and it's a guy out there that still can bring depth to your team. That means he just got cut from another team, like the dude that left San Diego. That's a run stopper that would have been more than depth to your team. So when I hear God say depth, okay, you have nothing better else to say. That's just that's just my opinion, not just that's just in the opinion. When I hear God, well, that's that's a great depth. Peace really really depths to what if I if we get down to Lyle Collins, everything we do better be a sprint out. Everything we better do better better be a bootleg everything we do, Dak better be on the move.
Speaker 7: That's just how I feel, all right.
Speaker 8: A lot of faith there.
Speaker 7: No none at all.
Speaker 4: Bro Jesse, he you're good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Damien, you can have any parking spot you want.
Speaker 2: My brother, I don't know much about Damien, so I'm not just saying what.
Speaker 6: I seen Amy and Wilson. You got it, well, you got it our uber, I'll move, I'll pick it up.
Speaker 4: The spot A good thing. We park on this.
Speaker 7: We better we better war one blockchain date now the date now for whatever.
Speaker 5: Well, Nate, it sounds like the coaching staff was listening this week when you talk to him, at least halfway because Kurt put us together. Little stat eighty four of the throws went to Lamb Cooks and yes, but Tony only got sixteen carries.
Speaker 7: The whole game. It's okay. And he got three targets. He got three targets. We're almost right bringing up to yea almost got twenty.
Speaker 2: If I believe this here, if you're going to have success in the playoffs, you want you want Tony Tobert to be that Tony Pollard no, no to jal.
Speaker 7: Thank y'all. We won't Jalen Tobert to be.
Speaker 2: That surprise, you know, whatever boom they hit him for seventy y'all, Oh, you want that to be the surprise because they don't covered up all your other receivers. They don't covered up all your stars. Now you allow this guy to be on the fifth cornerback in a great play. That's how I've always seen it. You know that. That's how I've always seen it. That's what I believe. If this guy getting ten targets and Brandon Cook is only getting four, what are you doing?
Speaker 7: It don't add up?
Speaker 2: While we bring Brandon Cook and paid that how have a salary you know, half the salary that the Texans.
Speaker 7: No, that that don't add up. That just do not add up.
Speaker 9: Do you think there were discussions had between Caarthur and dak whoever after the Miami game where Lamb disappeared for two quarters?
Speaker 8: Do you think they were like, no, they.
Speaker 6: When they sat down to the staff and they watched that film, you had to ask yourself the question.
Speaker 4: Why did we not?
Speaker 6: Like you're watching plays, You're like a still didn't had the ball?
Speaker 5: He still are they like oh I'm tripping are They like, damn, I didn't realize in real time that we didn't get this, dude.
Speaker 4: And then when you go back and watch it, you're like, wow, that's on us.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you gotta eat that. Sometimes you got to say, you know what, we screwed this up. And and you saw the next game they were.
Speaker 4: Like, we will not let this happen.
Speaker 6: This happening, and see your wide receiver coach.
Speaker 7: All the people I can excuse.
Speaker 2: I ain't excusing the wide receiver coach because you and him are linked in together, your number one receiving, your wide receiver coach.
Speaker 7: Normally I don't know about over there. It's LinkedIn together.
Speaker 2: If that had happened to Michael Irving, we could arrest assure that Hubbard Axander would have been drunk on the plane coming back because Mike would have wore him down.
Speaker 7: I'm serious.
Speaker 8: Can those coaches end game? Can they say, hey, yeah, if you have the.
Speaker 7: Right, now that they may not listen to you, but you have that right.
Speaker 6: I've seen coaches yeick on the headset. Hey now he's rolling. Now, hey he rolling, let's let's get him back out there.
Speaker 8: He rolling?
Speaker 6: He good? You know and stuff like that, and just to remind them, you know, whoever the play caller is, that this is the guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, let's take our last break. When we come back, let's talk some more football. Let's get everybody. We started the show off. We wanted Nate to with the Jimmy stuff and it was great. But whatever were our overall thoughts about.
Speaker 5: The game and how we really feel about going into this last week and roll.
Speaker 4: It into the playoffs. How about the Cowboys be right back.
Speaker 11: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapper.
Speaker 7: The presh dout who looks right, it's not there.
Speaker 6: He escapes left.
Speaker 7: He'll run for a push down.
Speaker 11: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 3: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 11: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 7: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 4: Get started at blockchain dot Com?
Speaker 13: How's wing stout sound, christy, juicy classic wings made to order, cook to perfection and sauceed toss and those eleven soul satisfying players paired with handcut, seasoned fries, housemade honey, mustard, blue cheese or signature Wingstop range, and of course spicy Cajun fried course. I think you've heard enough. Get your flavored delivered at Wingstop dot com.
Speaker 15: Seat Geek has your back no matter what kind of Cowboys fan you are. So whether you're a die hard fan or a dog really care fan, we got him next time fan, or we'll never win again fan Here for the tailgate fan or a first one through the gates fan. The seat Geek not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to So whether you're a here be Week fan or haven't been here in years fan, seat Geek has you covered. Download the sea Geek after the seed Geek. You're a ticket the great Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 16: Seats James right here, you're a twenty twenty two Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. Do you know how much I love my Cowboys and I am thrilled to be talking to you? About the twenty twenty three Fan of the Year Award, presented by Captain Morgan. We're looking for the ultimate Cowboys fan to spice up the games. You eat, sleep, and breathe the Dallas Cowboys. If that's you, or if you know someone like me, then go to Dallascowboys dot com slash Fan of the Year and you could win tickets to Super Bowl fifty eight and so much more.
Speaker 10: Enter today, back Hanging with the Bulls.
Speaker 5: Welcome back to the final segment of Hanging with the Boys, brought to you each and every day by Jigsaw, the official dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Jesse, how do you what are your overall thoughts?
Speaker 5: And I mean there's a lot, a lot to be questioned, a lot of drama in the game, and I mean there's a lot of you know, time management at the end and questionable calls and running it every first down and everybody in the building not.
Speaker 4: Like, what's your overall How do you feel about the game?
Speaker 7: I didn't like it.
Speaker 6: No, I get it. Winning we won, and winning is hard and you take a win as you get them. But this this did not bring me any closer to having confidence. This is a home game.
Speaker 7: Okay, this is.
Speaker 6: This is where the Cowboys are supposed to be flourishing, the man, the men, whatever you want to call it. Like they're supposed to ball out at.
Speaker 4: Home, they're supposed to put forty on you.
Speaker 6: And it was I'm consistently singing the same type of mistakes, the same type of you know, untimely Pennant. I'm not talking about the and I understand the hinder shot tripping, tripping, not tripping, yeah, the ghost tripping thing.
Speaker 4: But hey, big fellow, we got seven minutes.
Speaker 6: Len, he's done, he's.
Speaker 4: Sec Thank you for you.
Speaker 6: But but I just I left this game feeling and I said it in the moment, I said, I don't want to be prisoner of the moment, but feeling. I just left this game feeling like we lost, like I did.
Speaker 7: Just pushed him out the door. No, just come on now, you can do bad, naw.
Speaker 6: I did, like I felt like, because let's be honest, let's be honest.
Speaker 7: We won.
Speaker 6: Dan Campbell cost his football team a game. You had three chances to kick the extra point in going to overtime, and we don't know what happens in overtime, but it it could have went either way, and I just I did not feel good leaving this game, especially heading into the playoffs, like nothing about what's happened the prior two weeks and then this, this was that kind of that last real good opportunity to feel good about something like you know what, you wouldn't you went and dominating another team that was up there. I'm not saying that you had the but you didn't. I didn't feel at no point in time in this game where you were in complete control, and so I don't. I just didn't feel. It didn't give me the feeling I was looking for heading into the plays. It didn't even though.
Speaker 5: You played a really gritty, hard nosed team and you and you found a way to win at the end.
Speaker 6: Nope.
Speaker 2: Okay, So Michael Parsons getting hits on runs and pressure to pass and didn't do nothing for you.
Speaker 6: They better be thankful for Tank.
Speaker 7: And Jay Lou. Yeah, I'm telling you.
Speaker 2: You saw you saw number level make some hits for some losses versus run too.
Speaker 4: I'm taking something Michigan players anymore. Jay Lou showing up this year?
Speaker 7: Yeah, he taking off for all the Michigan.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all the future.
Speaker 6: The last four weeks. The last four weeks he had been he has been spectacular.
Speaker 4: What about you, Yeah, Kurt.
Speaker 8: Kurt kind of along those same line.
Speaker 9: Oh, it didn't feel like it lost to me.
Speaker 8: I think it was we did a whole show.
Speaker 7: Feeling like that.
Speaker 9: No, no, no, I feel like you. I was thankful as a win. I'm glad they wont they pulled it out. I thought they played tough football for most of the game.
Speaker 15: Kids.
Speaker 7: What did you watch the game?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I thought that they played hot, they played tough, They road the challenge, rose to the challenge. Try with the same concerns We've seen other games popped up aginning this one.
Speaker 8: That's the only thing.
Speaker 6: Popped up, popped up you.
Speaker 5: I'm just trying to the whole show, and you feel like that out of the grave after Jesse buried.
Speaker 6: Wow, didn't give me confidence. It didn't bestow the confidence upon me that I was looking for you.
Speaker 9: There's okay, there's a good chances to could face again in the second round.
Speaker 7: All that in Detroit.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 8: Probably.
Speaker 2: All I know is that if you keep winning, be how ugly unfulfiling that it is.
Speaker 6: If this was the playoffs, different feeling, because I understand that it's one and done. And now I don't care how you get it. In the playoffs, you got to just get it. But this, this, I don't know. This felt dirty.
Speaker 4: No, I'm winning you. It just wasn't a clean victory.
Speaker 5: There was so many things that we just got out wronged for once.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a lot of things wrong, but we got out wronged.
Speaker 6: It feels like even like and I'll get them, my boy, freaking Mike, like freaking Mike, you could have cost us the game, like just time. That poor absolutely atrocious at the end of the game.
Speaker 9: No running attack. The defense again gave up. It couldn't hold them at the end. I mean, there's some questions to be ready.
Speaker 6: There, there's a lot of questions to be raised. Man, Like there there's a there's a lot, there's a lot to victory.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, keep raising them questions and keep winning. That's all I need to keep raising them, keep winning.
Speaker 4: We got to pull out the predictions this week, the year predictions. I can't remember what.
Speaker 7: They hurt me. Man, my two ties is blown.
Speaker 5: So you don't feel any any Do you feel any worse about where you were?
Speaker 4: You don't feel any better about them?
Speaker 6: No, I want my I want my team to be surging, to be elevating, to be kind of showing us on a higher note heading into the playoffs.
Speaker 4: And they kind of dipped a little bit.
Speaker 6: And they were they were down, I mean, two game loser, streaking kind of like a little it was like with trying. But now they'll have an opportunity this week and who knows what team will show.
Speaker 7: So who was.
Speaker 2: Probably playing Let's just say I'm playing the what if game? You know, I hate that, But what if we get this number two spot?
Speaker 7: Who we play? First?
Speaker 4: Think the Rams right now?
Speaker 7: The Rams.
Speaker 2: But if y'all want the Rams out of the Seahawks, it could.
Speaker 5: Be the Rams the Seahawks or by Day right now, Jimmy, green Bay, then it's green Bay right now at home?
Speaker 6: Give me. I don't want the Rams.
Speaker 4: And if you win, you beast. You have two home games. How was the crowd Saturday night, Chris on the field? Was it loud?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, yeah, oh yeah. They were rocking. Even before the game started, they were rocking. It was buzzing for the game.
Speaker 4: How was it at halftime?
Speaker 15: Oh?
Speaker 5: Hot, time was ridiculous And everybody stayed in their seats, which was crazy, you know, Is.
Speaker 4: That the loudest halftime you've ever heard?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Probably, well yes and no, because when Jimmy was talking, it was like you can hear a pin drop really.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah.
Speaker 4: Everybody was like intensive listening to what he.
Speaker 7: Said as soon as he said.
Speaker 4: About the Cowboys, and I like when he said y'all hate us me.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, when he said I want to think that the hater hats baby.
Speaker 2: But Randy White on the on the FED I accept the flagship station this morning said this is the first ring of honor, a hall of fame that he went to and had this type of vibes and this type of emotions.
Speaker 7: Man, it was different, he said. I loved it.
Speaker 2: And I think thanks that Dan Campbell, that old cowboy came out and brought us a victure.
Speaker 7: Didn't make you, Dan Campbell?
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 2: We checked in with the rest for the game and they understood who was at the man?
Speaker 7: Come on, Dan smoking cigars, baby.
Speaker 4: I like, all right, fellas good show man, this was this was a good.
Speaker 7: Time, a whole show without letting us know.
Speaker 4: He was good.
Speaker 2: I thought he was good and he was smiling. I'm always gonna smile and kill us at the same time. Mentality I hear you, bro, then you got your side. I'm not as bad as the boss over there.
Speaker 6: Come on, man, don't do my boy like that.
Speaker 8: Did I say anything wrong?
Speaker 2: Nope, you didn't say anything good truth like your shirt say he said true truth.
Speaker 7: We won well.
Speaker 5: Tomorrow's Wednesday right Cowboys defense, offense, offense, Keboy's offense, Washington defense.
Speaker 7: I hate.
Speaker 2: I hate Washington try good, try hard team. They're gonna try hard. I hate quarterbacks. Do your job tonight.
Speaker 6: I got you, Kobe. Not all black guys look alike.
Speaker 5: Taylor started somewhere this Giants, the Giants, Yeah, I got my I got my East opponents mixed up what It's an honest mistake.
Speaker 2: As much as you like big black guys getting.
Speaker 4: You know, I'll be keeping up on that. I know they don't all look alike. Yess, between you and Nate.
Speaker 2: Derrick Henry, for sure, they're trying to move houses.
Speaker 4: Thanks for giving us all the jazz. Thanks for keeping him company, Josh, Josh, thanks for keeping us on the social channels. Hopefully I don't lose it.
Speaker 7: It brought your boy in, Josh.
Speaker 4: I'll give you all an update.
Speaker 6: Lose what O t tomorrow.
Speaker 2: They're gonna have to take the whole block they put in and reclean it and put it back in.
Speaker 4: You gotta do something to take the chers out and scrub them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we'll be back tomorrow, same time, same place, hanging with the boys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.